[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Female Players In M:tG

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 6

File: no-girls-allowed-clipart-1.jpg (69KB, 540x325px) Image search: [Google]
no-girls-allowed-clipart-1.jpg
69KB, 540x325px
Some days ago, I found a thread, here in /tg/, which greatly called upon my attention: female representation at LGSs were scarse, yet WotC was resilient on telling a third of the player base were female.

My gf and their female friends are nerds who also enjoy the hobby so, intrigued, I asked them this last weekend about what and how they enjoy this game. I was surprised about their answer, but it was pretty ironical, actually.

To put it short, they play cube. They and their friends play it a lot. They love gathering by themselves as one of them offers her cube to draft that night. They even compete, gloat and gossip about who has the best cube to draft... according their vision of the game.

In fact, some of them didn't even have Fatal Push or Yahenni's Expertise in their cubes because they don't want black to be a strong colour. Sure, you can ise it for some spicy tribal deck but you won't see a lot of black staples there.

I wish I was baiting but I don't. However, don't misunderstand them. They weren't full of themselves or some arrogant stuff like that. They were just defining what is fun for them to play with.

To sum up, eventhought I sound a little sexist, you will find more girls at the kitchen table than at the LGS table. Where we go out bravely to the unknown and make ourselves fit into a determined format, they like to have control of the rules, the gathering place, who comes there and which cards they play woth.

Since I am just a mortal man with the limited experience that my small enviroment has given to me, I would like to hear some other stories and opinions, so I could make a better conclusion to this subject.
>>
Nice blog fag where do I subscribe?
>>
>>51603555
Why do you insist on doing this? I was with you in the other thread, and you just had to Shitpost there too. What's wrong with you? Who hurt you?
>>
tl;dr, looks to be some /r9k/ bullshit too.
>>
>>51603607
Summary is basically "Girls play MTG, they just do it at home away from the LGS so they don't have to deal with bullshit."
>>
>>51603629
Huh, good for them I guess.
>>
>>51603629
so like most people basically.
>>
Obviously we haven't oppressed them enough.
>>
We have two (actually attractive) females that play Monday night modern at one of my LGS. Unfortunately their boyfriends play as well. One day I will find a sweet qt 3.14 that plays control and is a dominatrix in the sack ;_;
>>51603662
Ebin
>>
>>51603787
is this an autism cube?
>>
>>51603727
I certainly wouldn't look for a potential date in a LGS. However, you could get to know those couples and, maybe, meet a female friend of them who you like. In the worst of the cases, you have gotten more people to play Magic with.

Anyways, I can't tell about the other girls I met at a LGS, but yeah, my gf only came at pre-releases and more as a way to hang oit with me than anything. Maybe she just enjoy the game with her friends.

>>51603787
Dude, calm down. You are doing alright with your life.
>>
File: Bait.jpg (26KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Bait.jpg
26KB, 375x523px
>>51603787
>tiger in an African safari
>a neckbeard having an STD
>>
>>51603879
Not an argument.
>>
>>51603966
>You are doing alright with your life.

No I'm not.

>>51603966
> having female friends

You are fucking retarded.
>>
File: 1485878681980-tg.jpg (33KB, 303x305px) Image search: [Google]
1485878681980-tg.jpg
33KB, 303x305px
>>51603787
>>
File: received_10152935553606854.jpg (40KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
received_10152935553606854.jpg
40KB, 640x480px
>>51603966
I was just blogging, not looking for advice from a turbo virgin like you lel
>>
File: 1375265204882.gif (846KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
1375265204882.gif
846KB, 320x240px
>>51603787
>>
I'm just suprised there is no cube general here on /tg/.
>>
>>51604895
No cube general because Cube isn't a set format. I can guarantee it would quickly devolve into a circlejerk about a few particular high power lists, like the MTGO Powered Holiday Cube.
>>
>>51603588
You shouldn't be laughing, it's tragic really. Some people have anuses where normal people have hands. They want to post text, but end up posting shit.
>>
>>51603527
playing at an LGS is for the birds. i only go there if i know that at least 2 of my friends are also going. the average mtg player is a retard with sweaty hands and a speech impediment and i get enough of those people when i show up go to my computer science classes
>>
>>51607481
Well it could be fairly useful in terms of tuning personal cubes and discussing cards that may be too powerful etc.

A cube general would be pretty nice
>>
>>51603555
FPBP.
>>
>>51603527
Sounds reasonable enough.
I wouldn't go to an LGS if i had a decent gaming group.
As a matter of fact, i have one and thus the stores sees me for prereleases and the rare time when i need something so fast that i can't bother ordering it online.

>>51603787
Now thats a triggered neckbeardwizard if i have ever seen one.
>>
Too soon, OP

Everyone knows that you start a thread on Friday to get the most replies.
>>
>>51609712
Given his spacing I am guessing he has not been posting here too long. Back to /r/MagicTCG with you, OP!
>>
>>51603653
This is it. Most FLGS suck.
>>
>>51611437
Ah, yes. The problematic "reddit spacing", also known as "the way some people have been typing on 4chan since 2003".

I remember the first time someone accused me of being from reddit.

It took me a while to understand what they were talking about, because I've never been.
>>
>>51611937
Wait. Redditspacing being what everyone else calls "paragraphs"?
>>
>>51612120
Yeah, basically.

Some people really like getting triggered by things, I guess.

It's like a few years ago how some people would monitor as many threads as they could looking for people who posted images they got off Google because

>tumblr in the filename
>>
File: 1483925449733.gif (1MB, 250x272px) Image search: [Google]
1483925449733.gif
1MB, 250x272px
tl;dr
>Men and women like different things, and I, as an educated man, have noticed this. I would like to point it out, without being sexist, because I fail to understand the concept.

Fuck off you tard. If you're going to troll, either be nuanced or not. Don't try whatever "this" is again.
>>
>>51612177
Fuck me thats retarded.
>>
>>51612305
Yeah, it's absolutely retarded.

People do the same with
>9gag
too, just not to such an extent.
>>
>>51611437
>>51611937

Op here. Actually, I don't browse redditbut now I am intriged. Why am I using "reddit pacing"?
>>
>>51603527
They're rare
>>
>>51617493
You're using paragraphs.
>>
>>51612225
A great many people have a very hard time imagining that men and women might tend to like different things or the same things in different ways.
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.