[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How would you write a game for an all-bard party?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4

File: 1469397655366.jpg (136KB, 580x767px) Image search: [Google]
1469397655366.jpg
136KB, 580x767px
Hard mode: None of the bards can use traditional weapons at any point in the game
>>
Lots of fun things, with a variety of mood/goals.

Dungeons could be largely empty, with traps and riddles, only the occasional monster that the PC's must riddle past, charm with music, daze with spells, or sneak around.

PCs can travel from town to town solving problems for townsfolk, go Battle of the Bard's against another popular bardic group on a towns square. Rocking out, throwing quips, throwing small fireworks as at least one member of other team tries to sabotage the other's performance.
>>
I lost the game.
>>
>>51599476
Metalocalypse.
>>
Cute bard doing cute things
>>
>>51599476

Could play a survival game, constantly looking for provisions, trying to encourage some copper from pockets of miserly peasants, having to steal when the hunger in their bellies grows too sharp. Days of travel through the woods, getting lost because Aldo the Verbose traded the map for some fine cheese.

Amp up the above into a horror game. After days of storms and shipwreck, find themselves in a hard land, pressed for food with few useful skills and distrusted by locals whose language they can hardly speak. Learn just enough to use rumor-wrangling skills to find dungeons/ancient ruins they can plunder, or small tasks they can help locals with. Dungeon delves always turn into houses of horror escaping by the skin of their necks.
>>
>>51601106

Variety of ways to take this, go slapstick, go high theatre.

Come up with a system to allow for insult-battles, or flattering the a Baron without laying it on too thick, or mix it up by playing the jester to the king, insulting him in ways to bring public opinion against him, but keep your head on your shoulders.
>>
>>51599476
>How would you write a game for an all-fighter party?
>Hard mode: None of the fighters can make ability checks at any point in the game
>>
>>51601060
>>51601144
>>51601211
Really liking this theme.

Players are all part of a family band.

Easy to write in new players as new performer they encounter along the way (an acrobat, aristocratic harp/piano player, farm boy/girl with voice of an angel, homeless vagrant who can really play those spoons).
Easy to write players out as they decide to blaze their own paths, with the chance of 'encountering' them again.
>>
File: Cynara-HG1.jpg (96KB, 504x722px) Image search: [Google]
Cynara-HG1.jpg
96KB, 504x722px
Posting interesting instruments (lute/mandolin wayyyyy overdone)

>>Hurdy-Gurdy
>>
>>51601144
>Aldo the Verbose traded the map for some fine cheese

My poor sides

I imagine Aldo is a portly fellow with an extravagant 'tache and a fake eye-patch.
>>
>>51601333
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7sfBcWvVUbs
>>
>>51599476
Medieval Wayne's World.
>>
>>51605368
>He don't want modern fantasy Wayne's world with magic screens to showcase the baddest bard to the entire city whether people want it or not.
>He don't want a band of bards each riding a harley bike with a roadie behind each.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.