[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/5eg/ D&D Fifth Edition General: Anime Shitpost Edition

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 337
Thread images: 42

File: Araragi.Tsukihi.full.1151301.jpg (1MB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Araragi.Tsukihi.full.1151301.jpg
1MB, 1600x1200px
>New Unearthed Arcana: Sorcerers!
http://dnd.wizards.com/articles/unearthed-arcana/sorcerer
Be sure to fill out the survey for rogues and rangers, too.

>Official /5eg/ Mega Trove v4b
https://mega.nz/#F!z8pBVD4Q!UIJWxhYEWy7Xp91j6tztoQ

>Pastebin with resources and so on:
http://pastebin.com/X1TFNxck

>/5eg/ Discord server
https://discord.gg/0rRMo7j6WJoQmZ1b

>5etools
https://5egmegaanon.github.io/5etools/5etools.html

>Previous thread
>>51591382

Stat this phoenix sorcerer, /5eg/.
>>
>>51596629
Shit OP prompt.

New thread question: if they ever release a new class, what should it be? (Other than the psionics already in the works)
>>
File: hide anime threads.png (387KB, 429x308px) Image search: [Google]
hide anime threads.png
387KB, 429x308px
>>
>>51596691
Martial adept (book of weeaboo fightan magic stuff) rated really high in the initial race/class/setting polls, so I could see them doing something like that. A non-magical gish of sorts, focused on techniques and martial control more than just hitting hard.
>>
Fourth for Kobold Dragon-Hunting Party
>>
>Phoenix Sorc

Oh, this is actually kinda cool!

>Everything else

God dammit
>>
>>51596629

Fuck off weeb
>>
>>51596691
After fixing the ones we already got, including artificer and expanding martial powers, I'd say an int using martial.
>>
>>51596787
Pathfinder cancer is spreading.
>>
File: ().jpg (53KB, 518x444px) Image search: [Google]
().jpg
53KB, 518x444px
>>51596629
9/10 op, will get webfugees from r/dnd mad.
>>
You can finally play a slimegirl sorceress!
>>
>>51596822
Back to /pfg/.
>>
File: 9Wk3LaU.png (800KB, 945x809px) Image search: [Google]
9Wk3LaU.png
800KB, 945x809px
>>51596822
>>
>>51596764
>Phoenix Sorc
>kinda cool
It's just a painfully generic "lol destruction" pyromaniac.
>>
is there no option to jump on a larger creature?
>>
>>51596938
There is, your DM just needs to be slightly imaginative.
>>
>>51596853
>gook admit
>loli mascot
>weebshit ads and banners
It's silly to vehemetly oppose weebshit on 4chan of all places - a bulletin board made in the image of siberian forums for basket weaving enthusiasts. Quit acting like such a refugee, when in Rome, do as romans do.
>>
>>51596938
Not in the book, but a decent DM will come up with something.

1. Grapple
2. Roll acrobatics
3. Creature can try to shake you off as an action, athletics vs acrobatics

And while you're on something it can't attack you with large weapons.

Something like that.
>>
>>51596916

Still better than the fucking dragon sorcerer.
>>
>>51596938
There is a bit about "Climbing on Larger Creatures" in the DMG.
>>
>>51596795
So... The Factotum. I'd play it.

OK, We need to keep on watch from now on, and pre-empt the general. /5eg/ will NOT become Shitfinder. We're going to have enough of that once Starfinder comes out.
>>
>>51596938
DMG 271 has an alternate rule for climbing on large creatures.
>>
>>51596971
>Implying board culture isn't a thing
>Implying generals don't have norms
You're the one not acting as a Roman. Lurk moar.
>>
>>51596971
Eat shit. Anime is trash and there's no reason to let it in these threads if it isn't already.
>>
>>51596971
Well, it should be kept to /a/ and other, more relevant, boards. Everyone knows how most people on /tg/ about certain issues, so weeb stuff on this board should be kept to generals of anime-esque games, such as Pathfinder or Exalted, and not be brought into generals where they are unrelated.
>>
>>51597007
>Factotum
Please no, that has to be the stupidest class that has ever been officially published.
>>
File: 1486346829409.png (234KB, 267x532px) Image search: [Google]
1486346829409.png
234KB, 267x532px
>>51596826
You need to be a high level, though.
>>
What's the verdict on the UA sorcerers?

With that amount of delays, we should've gotten way more subclasses/sorcerer origins.
>>
>>51596629
Phoenix grapler new meta!
>>
>>51597111
7/10 its shit
>>
>>51597111
It was delayed due to illness, travel, and other projects, not because they spent three weeks writing these.

As for the UA: phoenix has great fluff but its long rest dependence is shit, favored sorcerer is a great versatile party face, sea is a good caster overall, and stone is a novel gish setup.
>>
>>51597111
>we should have gotten way more
The sorcerer got 4x as many archetypes as the rogue. Chill, bro.
As for your question, it's meh. Stone sorcerer is stupid, everything else is kind of cool. 7/10 sounds about right.
>>
>>51596764

> Not recognizing the gish fun with Stone Sorc or splashy fun with the Sea Sorc

0/10 anon you can do better
>>
>>51597161
Just looking at Stone, but does needing to spend an action turning their Unarmored Defense Feature on hurt them? I've never played a caster before, and the only casters I've player with were Druids and Warlocks, so having to spend an action doing that looks annoying.
>>
Question: what are the best ways to attack as an actual gish, aside from using Booming Blade or Greenflame Blade?
>>
>>51597082
You choose your sorcerer origin at first level you stupid fucking weeb.
>>
File: Otaku.gif (128KB, 600x337px) Image search: [Google]
Otaku.gif
128KB, 600x337px
>>51596971
>>
>>51597211
It only hurts them if they get incapacitated mid-battle.
>>
>>51597211
There's no time limit. RAW you can just cast it everyday when you wake up no probs
>>
>>51597211
It lasts until you get KO'd or go to sleep. A stone sorc would turn it on before putting their pants on in the morning.
>>
>>51597211
They just do it when they wake up and don't dismiss it.

>>51597219
Smite
>>
>>51597155
>>51597182
7/10 does mean the thing you think it means. It specifically means above average.
>>
>>51597228
You don't get slime-like qualities until the higher levels, though.
>>
>>51597161
>phoenix has great fluff
>"I like to burn things"
Oh, yes, very great.
>>
Is a pally-stone sorc the best combination?
>>
Am I reading it right that Stone Sorcerers don't get an Extra Attack?

Was this intended?
>>
>>51597309
Why should they?
>>
>>51597277
I do think it's above average. There's some neat stuff in there.

However I'm still a little disappointed that zero effort was made to nudge the base class at all. At the very least they could have considered making some of the metamagic options not complete dogshit.
>>
>>51597309
They get smite spells and can get SCAG cantrips. They don't need it.
>>
So, which cleric spells are wort poaching as FS?
>>
>>51597303
No. There's no stat synergy with str and con, and paladin already gets the good spells from that list.

>>51597309
Why wouldn't it be intended? They have melee cantrips.
>>
>>51597309
They have the potential to use their reaction to attack every round.

Plus the whole GFB + Quickened GFB is basically 2 attacks on up to 4 targets
>>
>>51597051
Weebshit lies at the base of 4chan. I fully understand that even though it was originally created for the purpose of anime discussion it has long since grown into something bigger, but it's still an inherent part of it's nature, as a website. It's more than fine not to enjoy it, but opposing it is off limits.
>>51597040
Have you seen the front page of the website you're currently posting on?
>>51597046
Quit acting like it's a containment thing. I can post smug anime girls to my hearts content on all boards and as long as I even remotely stand on topic (and most of the times even when I don't) my posts will never get removed.
>>
>>51597318
I was hoping for some more metamagic options myself too. Just to add in more variety.
>>
>>51597077
How so?(I only say this because one of my friends has put all his hopes and dreams into making a Factotum for DM's Guild.)
>>
>>51597347
Just because you can do something doesn't mean you should anon. I could follow your example and shovel garbage into my mouth but I'm not gonna.
>>
File: 0m0.jpg (123KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
0m0.jpg
123KB, 1024x1024px
As a sorcerer, I have a question that google can not seem to answer.
How many Sorcery Points are created when converting a spell higher than level 5?
>>
>>51597331
Depends on the level.

Bless is a solid choice at 1st level. At 3rd level you need to grab spiritual weapon for sure. And at 5th, spirit guardians.

Outside of those, consider all the good spells that can be twinned like healing word, command, and so on.
>>
File: fwee.jpg (167KB, 938x632px) Image search: [Google]
fwee.jpg
167KB, 938x632px
>tfw reading all the cool UA shit
>tfw realizing that even if somebody I know starts a campaign I'll get to play in, I'll most likely only be able to make one character
>tfw haven't even gotten to play the straight fighter I've wanted to play as since 5e came out in the first place
phoenix sorc looks fucking cool

>>51597298
I'm reading it now, and I can agree on the quirks at least. The rest of it is awesome. Phoenixes are really cool though so I'm probably biased. I wish it had a bit more of a mythical element to it than the clichéd pyromania stuff but refluffing is easy. I can dig this.
>>
>>51597111
They are kinda shitty with the exception of Earth sorcerrer and even still it's kinda bad without extra attack on it.
They fucked it up like they did with the Monk and Paladin UA.
>>
>>51597414
Spell slots to sorcery points is 1 sorcery point per level of the spell. The chart in that feature is only for sorcery points to spell slots.
>>
File: dwarvenmason.jpg (307KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
dwarvenmason.jpg
307KB, 800x800px
>>51596167
Trump is a faggot but I sure do love building shit so let's examine how much of a killing a 9th level Sorcerer could make hiring itself out ot peasant villages to construct walls for them.

Wall of Stone is a 5th level spell and its only material cost is a small block of granite, which you can replace with a focus. Concentrating on the spell for 10 minutes makes the wall permanent and it can't be dispelled.

You get ten wall segments, each 10x10 feet and six inches thick; or 10x20 and three inches thick. The segments have 15 AC and 15hp / inch of thickness.

High Jumps cover 3 feet + Strength mod if you take a 10 foot run. You can extend your arms to half your height and thus reach and grab the top of a wall that is 1.5x your height + the Jump distance. An orc is ~6 feet tall and has a +3 Strength mod, so it could jump and shamble over a wall 15 feet high. So we're going to need a 20 foot high wall.

At level 9, you have one 5th slot, three 2-4th slots, four 1st level slots, and nine Sorcery Points. Converting all your sub-5th slots to SP, you have 59 SP, or enough to cast Wall of Stone eight times (with your original slot).

Every day you can make 80 feet of horizontal wall, 20 feet high, three inches thick, that will hold off a single greataxe-wielding orc for ~7-8 rounds. This isn't a very great wall. You could double your construction time and build a double-wall to hold that orc off for a minute and a half, but we've got places to be and cash to make.
>>
>>51597378
So my gripe is more flavor-based so I guess it probably doesn't apply to most people. When one of my friends played a factotum back in the day the game would always come to a halt whenever he did anything because no one at the table could wrap their head around around what the class was supposed to be and none of his abilities made any sense logically.
>>
>>51597347
This anon is right, but that doesn't make him any less of an asshole. We're never going to get rid of Anime or 40k entirely on this board. it's the nature of the place, but doing it for the sake of doing it is stupid. Also He could have put more effort into the OP, or even found better anime art.
>>
>>51597361
The problem with new metamagic is that it's either going to be worse than quicken/twin/heighten and thus not worth taking, or it's better than them and thus too good. There isn't a lot of wiggle room.
>>
>>51597298
Don't roleplay it that way. Seriously the only enforced fluff that your group could houserule anyway is that your power comes from phoenixes. If you want to play someone who focuses more on the rebirth aspect of fire than nothing in the existing fluff stops you.
>>
>>51597303
Nah. Stone sorc is meant to be on its own and you already get more spell slots that way.
Only problem is lack of extra attack.

Otherwise you get to be a caster who bases their AC with Con and can use a shield + you get to teleport as a reaction and ''psh nothing personel'' others.
>>
>>51597455
It was great in 3.5 and stupid as fuck to port to 5e because it was mostly just a dressed up rogue fix. 3.5 failed so badly at making a rogue good at rogue-ing and rather than undo all the rules that crippled Sneak Attack, they decided to patch it up with magic.
>>
>>51597463
Anime isn't all that common on this board, but 40k is like half of it because people don't want to feel like they were scammed out of hundreds of dollars and hours to get minis and paint them.
>>
>>51597498
>Only problem is lack of extra attack.
This isn't a problem before level 5, and it's not a problem at 11+ when the cantrips outscale a 2nd attack.
>>
>>51596629
>Swashbuckler/Phoenix sorc witht grapler feat and expertise in athletics

Welp now we have a new grapling king!
>>
>>
>>51597502
Anime is the background radiaton of 4chan as a whole. It's ever-present just beneath the surface.

And I'd more argue that less people actually play 40k on here than they do pay attention to the lore and the happenings.
>>
Is there any point at all in going Circle of Land? I'm looking at the CR1 and 2 beasts and passing these up would mean gimping my druid severely
>>
>>51597539
>>
>>51597543
Honestly? Moon Druid gets way too powerful at the start. It tapers off later on, but right at the beginning I'd say it's the closest 5e comes to having a broken class. I banned it for my first campaign.
>>
>>51597536
Could you fill me in on how this works?
I honestly don't remember what "Swashbuckler" is, and having read Phoenix sorc I'm not sure how it contributes to the grappling strat. From Mantle of Flame's bonus fire damage?
>>
>>51597543
Moar spells and spell slots. You're basically a nature wizard.

Wild shape for a land druid is more about utility and temp HP. If you want to punch things, play a monk.
>>
>>51597579
Rogue nets you expertise in athletics
Swashbuckler 3 nets you Cha to initiative and free disengage
Swashbuckler 6 nets you doubled athletics and accrobatics prof bonus
Phoenix lets you set your opponents clothes on fire and Mantle of flame as well.

All you have to do is grab your target and hold it down.
And when you feel the need to you can just switch to booming blade/green flame blade and firebolts.
>>
>>51597543
>Is there any point at all in going Circle of Land?

playing past level 8

Druids start relying on spells a bit more at level 9 because CR 3 forms suck. Elemental shapes are good at 10 but never get any better.
>>
>>51597658
Doubled athletics proficiency bonus and expertise don't stack.
>>
>>51597543
There is no point to be Land Druid, because Nature Cleric exists and is better.
>>
>>51597563
Is there one that has UAs but not DM's Guild content?
>>
File: Tanya-Degurechaff-27196.jpg (347KB, 500x711px) Image search: [Google]
Tanya-Degurechaff-27196.jpg
347KB, 500x711px
Anime shitpost? Anime shitpost.

My GM is starting a new 5e game (though we might decide for PF so there's that). I'm trying to be tongue in cheek and play a character inspired by Youjo Senki. Setting will be generic fantasy, a la Forgotten Realms.

In other words, stat me, anon, how do I pull this off?

>pic related
>>
File: phandalinwall.png (2MB, 1058x724px) Image search: [Google]
phandalinwall.png
2MB, 1058x724px
>>51597441
Enter Mold Earth, a Sorcerer cantrip which can excavate dirt in 5x5x5 foot chunks. With this, we can simultaneously build both a moat on the outside of our wall, and an earthen ramp on the interior.

We're back to 10x10 walls that are six inches thick, 15 AC, 90 HP. We want a tile of flat earth about 7 feet high inside our wall for our defenders and sentries to stand on. At a reasonable grade, it'll be another 10 feet behind this to get back to ground level, and require either three or four turns of earth-moving for our 7.5=5=2.5' ramp, at the same time carving out a moat on the exterior which is the inverse of this. For each section of wall, we need an additional minute to perform the terraforming. This puts our workday at just about an hour and a half.

Putting a wall around Phandalin, pic related, would require ~2,500 feet of wall, or 32 days of casting by our Sorcerer who can manage 80 / day, with maybe another day or so for making sure ramps aren't too close to farms, the walls have proper gate openings, the ramps are nice and shored up at the gates, and so on.

If you really want to get fancy, you can build a few horizontal walls (10x20), score them, and break them into strips for joining as a drainage system for the ramp so nothing gets swampy and all rainwater is funneled under the walls and into our moat. This actually requries some physical labor on your part, but we've dedicated our life to being the best wall-building Sorcerer so it's no big deal to learn how the fuck mortar and engineering works.

A six inch thick brick wall (a little under one standard brick's length in thickness, basically) requires 120 bricks per square meter. Our 10x2,500 is ~3x762 meters, and would require ~250,000 standard bricks if constructed in the normal fashion. We're making quality walls, so let's assume a price of $500/thousand on our bricks, or $0.50/brick. Price of mortar and labor basically triples this per square foot.
>>
>High Elf Rogue
>Choose Booming Blade as bonus cantrip at level 1
>Attack enemy with Booming Blade, dealing initial damage and setting them up to take extra damage if they move on their next turn
>Cunning Action: Disengage
>Move 5 feet away from enemy

Is this a douche thing to do?
>>
>>51597793
What a coincidence, we've been talking and talking about gishes lately!
Use your spells to go fast and stab things hard.
>>
>>51597834
> Suddenly, enemies start fielding archers and spellcasters
It will work. Sometimes.
>>
>>51596942
Allright, I just put the Equipment better so the page doesn't look so stupid.

But here it is, for anyone interested: Savant Sorcerer Variant.
>>
Stonesorc's aegis only comes online at 6th.
Meanwhile, this fucking guy's

Aegis of Shielding

At 1st level, you excel at protecting your allies from harm and mitigating damage from enemy attacks. When you hit a creature with a melee weapon attack, the target is marked by you until the end of your next turn.

The marked target has disadvantage on any attack roll against a creature other than you or someone else who marked it.

If a target is marked by you is within 5 feet of you on its turn and it makes an attack that suffers disadvantage from this feature and hits an ally, you can use your reaction to reduce the damage dealt to your ally by half.

As you progress in levels, you get sword of sigils and others on top of it, but these can only be used a limited amount per day and are then expended, refreshing with a short or long rest.
>>
>>51597849
Any idea for which class would fit? Long-term maybe Arcane Archer, if it's still around in 5e, frankly I've not been keeping myself up to date on what moved from 3.5, but anyway. We're starting level 6, so no prestiege yet. So instead, what?
>>
File: dwarvenmerchant.png (887KB, 630x1052px) Image search: [Google]
dwarvenmerchant.png
887KB, 630x1052px
>>51597809
So in real money we're looking at $7.50 per square foot, or $200,000 for the length of our wall. Low-quality wheat flour goes for about $0.50/lb. in reality and 1cp in 5E per the PHB, so the price of our wall would be 4,000gp--not counting terraforming we've done with the moat or any drainage system we've installed.

If you price in the price of room and board (only the best; you're trying to live in style here) to your fee, that's 125gp / day. A wealthy lifestyle is 4gp and an aristocratic one is 10gp, so each month of work in this manner can pay for nearly three years of a wealthy lifestyle in a big city--which you could ALSO be constructing a wall for.

Who needs to adventure at this point?
>>
>>51597934
That's 3.5 level of autism.
>>
File: tanya smug.png (769KB, 563x800px) Image search: [Google]
tanya smug.png
769KB, 563x800px
>>51597793
>how do I pull this off?
In a LE battlemage high on combat drugs way or the plot way? Because if I were you I'd rather avoid the latter.
>>
>>51597834
Not really. I've got a swashbuckler with booming blade and he does this shit all the time. It's really not that overpowered. But it's good.
>>
>>51597809

Mold Earth only works on loose soil.
>>
>>51597917
Prestige classes don't exist in 5e.

Arcane Archer is a fighter subclass from an Unearthed Arcana.
>>
Is single classed stone sorcerer really worth it?
>>
>>51598013
>there's five foot cubes of loose soil just sitting around in the world
There's no conceivable use for this spell except after some kind of mudslide (in which case "it's not soil, it's mud, you can't use that") unless you expand "loose soil" to include any old hill.
>>
>>51597917
There is a UA that came out a month or two ago with Arcane Archer as an archetype of Fighter (basically consider class archetypes as prestige classes from 3.5 and PF).
>>
So, how many sheets did you lose?
>>
>>51597966
This. Thank you, I'll look into that combo. LE sounds really appropriate, but might push for LN if the party goes Good-Whatever. After all, a job's a job, right?

>>51598036
I've a lot to catch up on. Thanks anon.
>>
>>51597934
Unfortunately, the cities which can afford a wall already have one, and the cities which cannot afford a wall can't pay you for one, and the Mason's Guild will literally bury you if you try to butt in on their business without paying the proper dues. The body will never be found.

Finally, you'll get beaten to death by unemployed day laborers.
>>
You guys missed the most important part of the new article.

> We have a bunch of D&D content for you to playtest, discuss, and mull over. We have enough material, in fact, that we will be releasing Unearthed Arcana multiple times a month for the next few months. Look for the material on Mondays. We’ll take the things you love and refine them, and we’ll take the things you don’t like and either toss them out or rebuild them. Either way, your feedback is invaluable.
> that we will be releasing Unearthed Arcana multiple times a month for the next few months

After sorcerers, it will be wizards, warlocks, mystics. That's three arcanas. What else?
>>
>>51598048
What are you trying to say? That you think its too flimsy or killy for a gish without another martial class?

You already have all the weapon and armor proficiencies you need.
You don't need Extra Attack because blade cantrips exist.
You're a d6 class but have incentive to pump Con and may as well be a d8 due to your bonus HP. A Hill Dwarf (or any Stone Sorc with Toughness) would have 6+Con HP, which is as good as a Fighter, with 17-20 AC and access to shit like Shield.
>>
>>51598056

A cantrip is situational and you're surprised? It just means that in most cases, you only get to excavate the top soil layer. If you want to go deeper you have to break it up somehow.
>>
>>51598056
It's a cantrip. It's not supposed to have a use.

But then it can also turn terrain difficult or clear difficult terrain, so it still does have a use.
>>
>>51598085
If your DM allows Homebrew, I like this version of the Arcane Archer: http://www.middlefingerofvecna.com/2016/01/the-wild-hunt.html
>>
>>51598128
That has been on every UA since they started doing them more than once a month.
>>
>>51597859
Looks to me more like an attempt to combine warlock and sorcerer than just a variant sorcerer.

In my opinion, I'd like to see that spellcasting on warlocks and the full spell point system from the DMG on sorcerers. Not sure if the balance would work out, but it at least sounds like a good solution.
>>
>>51598128
That's literally the same sentence that has been in these UAs since they did the Barbarian one back in November.
>>
>>51598128
This is actually really nice, kudos Wizards they're not actually being shit.
>>
>>51598185
>>51598151
Well, at least it's nice that they're not returning to monthly format yet.
>>
>>51598085
>I'll look into that combo
I'm terribly sorry anon, that's not a combo, I just gave a rundown of who tanya is essentially is, ignoring her backstory.
Try to look into Artificer. The gunsmith subclass gets a nice 2handed boomstick with exceptional range. And you also get Fly (as well as Shield of Faith) as a class spell, as well as a handful of other rather fitting spells like Haste and Arcane Eye.
For chemical substances, you could try and get Alchemy Tool proficiency, through whatever means possible, and try to create some potions of your own. Sadly, you won't get it for free because that's for the Alchemists, not Gumsmiths, but you should be able to get it without sacrifying anything significant.
>>
>>51598124
Ah, but I travel in a party with a 9th level Druid, Cleric, Revised Ranger, and Paladin.

I can halve my fee for the wall and split it five ways and the party still works for just one fourth of our lives while maintaining a wealthy lifestyle. But we can also supplement that income through our other party members' specialties:
Our Druid brings in additional income by casting Plant Growth on every village's fields, doubling their yield,
our Cleric cures all disease, illness, lameness, and just about any other medical condition, improving worker productivity and raising the quality of life for everyone,
our Ranger ensures that every game hunt goes off without a hitch and serves as pre-warning for any approaching merchant caravans, goblinoid / orc hordes, bandits, or angry guildmembers seeking to exact vengeance,
and our Paladin presides over a faultless legal system which banishes the very shadow of lies and deceit from the community we oversee.

In one month we have taken this podunk little town and turned it into an unsiegable economic powerhouse.
>>
Artistic Expression:
>When you use a tool set with which you are proficient to make an object worth at least 5gp, you may make a DC 20 check (Intelligence by default, but your GM may demand you use other ability scores instead, depending on medium) to express an artistic vision.

>Your artistic vision should be something that can be summarized in a single sentence, expressing an opinion ("The king is a criminal," "the orcish invaders can and should be repelled," "elves are not for lewd."). Anyone who gazes upon the art object must make a DC 10 Wisdom save or act as though a person friendly to them expressed the opinion embodied by your artistic vision.

>GMs should be careful not to let players use this as a way to make semi-magical items ("I make a fearsome battle-mask that tells enemies, 'you should be frightened of me.'")
>>
>>51598231
I think we misunderstood each other on the 'combo' part, or perhaps I used it weirdly. I meant a combination of a potential class and character alignment. Basics, but still.

I'll look into these suggestions as well, thank you!
>>
>>51598162
Well yeah, it was originally an entire variant class alternative to kind of meld Warlock and Sorcerer, a true Sorlock, so to say.

I don't know how exactly the DMG spell point sorc works, but the main idea behind this was to limit spellcasting in short term, but add long-term sustainability (larger hit die, regain spell points on short rest) instead, and the main reason I wanted this was for fluff reasons. In my eyes, Sorcerers shouldn't classify magic in the same way other spellcasters do. They just kind of do it without thinking about it too much.

That's also the reason why it's a full magic class that doesn't get proficiency for Arcana. I kind of wanted to make it a real "genius" class in the sense that their explanations and understanding of magic is just plain weird (and wrong) to other people.
>>
>>51598232

The king is delighted, since you've just put the town in a much higher tax bracket. The local lord is not, and is very much concerned that you are trying to jack his land. On the pretense that you are causing trouble, he orders you to depart. Since a greater portion of the peasants' income is being taxed, it doesn't make a great material difference in their lives, and they are concerned that they will be caught in a struggle between the lord and the party.
>>
Is a fire genasi pheonix sorcerer overkill?
>>
>>51596629
Really like some of the Sorcerer stuff here. Favored Soul feels like a major step down from the earlier version, though the others seem like great fun for more dedicated elementalists.
>>
>>51598326
Yeah, it's just that there is no battlemage class.
Gunsmith Artificer should still probably be your safest bet. Ask your DM if you can slap a bayonet on your thunder cannon, although I wouldn't really suggest going in melee. You're gonna be tougher than your average wizard/sorc, but you're still not a fighter in full plate.
>>
>>51598368
A fire genasi stone sorcerer might be
>Con to HP, as usual
>Con to AC, for the class
>Con to attack rolls via race
>>
>Favored Soul
Quite powerful, maybe too much so.
>Pheonix Sorcery
Solid, though it tapers off later.
>Sea Sorcery
Meh, though it gives some good benefits if you stick all the way to the end.
>Stone Sorcery
Blah, ignore entirely.
>>
Would you allow Heightened Spell to be used on Disintegrate, since it's an all-or-nothing save?
>>
>>51598344
We buy the lord's mercenaries out, rendering him powerless, and petition the regent for manipulation of land claims and noble titles with the promise that we will continue our village improvements elsewhere in the country. He acquieses and we depose the local lord, acquiring his castle and returning it to the people.

We continue on in this manner, destroying the nobility and lifting up the proletariat, until the King and his advisors begin to worry that we're getting too big for our britches. But it's too late now. We control enough wealth to undermine their purchased power and they can no longer pressure or bully a significant amount of the populace into supporting them. In addition to their own lack of support, the party is widely loved by all the people of the land, who now clamor for a peasant uprising and the overthrowing of the monarchy in favor of our party's just and profitable rule.

Through savvy exploitation of spell and other game mechanics we engineer economic crises in our neighboring nations until they, too, look upon our system of rule with envious eyes and demand change. One by one, countries fall, until soon the whole of the continent is under our control, and we advance to the industrial revolution (minus its major downsides) in decades.
>>
>>51598455
> PC power fantasies - the post
You're in my magical realm now, Jimbo.
>>
>>51598455
I think they'd probably get desperate and start calling on dark rituals to summon unholy terrors to support their power, thus putting you back in the adventure business.
>>
>>51598540
The wall most parties run into when trying to conquer the world is thinking in terms of combat power, where everything is defined with hard numbers and tables and XP limits.

When you push the game into the world of social and economic pressure, you can do whatever the fuck you want and now the DM is just along for your crazy ride.

>you will never foreclose on a dragon
>>
File: birthright.jpg (108KB, 492x626px) Image search: [Google]
birthright.jpg
108KB, 492x626px
>>51598540
I'M BRINGING IT BACK, BABY
EBERRON CAN GET FUCKED!
>>
>>51598455
>Feudal lord
>Relies heavily on standing mercenary forces
>>
Gentlemen, I need a second eye.

>http://dnd-5e-homebrew.tumblr.com/post/135403619779/alchemist-class-by-bloodshot9001

I rather like the flavor and ideas of this class, but it seems...bad. Rarely moving out of D4's for things unless its your archype, everything in the class is based around concoctions but they're overall pretty weak even with extras.

Am I missing something? And if not, can you think of easy ways to improve it?
>>
>>51598626
Everyone is a mercenary when you get down to brass tacks.
>>
>>51598455

Not a great understanding of feudalism here.
The lord doesn't have mercenaries (or he may, but he doesn't rely on them)--he uses a core of vassal knights backed by local levies. So all he has to do is raise the levy in your town and have THEM throw you out. If they refuse, they (and you) are rebels to be dealt with. If they do, and you fight them, you are rebels to be dealt with and he's driven a wedge between you and the town.

Furthermore, while nobles hate each other and will do a lot to undermine each other--if you're outside the nobility and attack one noble, it's considered an attack on them all. You are immediately considered a rebel, and the realm collapses down on you. The collapse of feudalism is generally tied to the lack of cohesiveness in the nobility towards the end, where the new nobility and the old nobility had radically different backgrounds, ideals, and economic situations. In a high fantasy setting, in a healthy kingdom? It's going to be a lot of work.
>>
What are some attractions/events that could take place during the Midsummer Festival? 3 day long fest because it is a leap year with Shieldmeet holiday as well.

>Archery Contest
>Stage Performances (Poetry, Musical, Tales)
>Apple Bobbing?
>Some sort of caster's challenge for most damage output
>Pie Eating
>Jousting
>Arena/Pit Fight/Gladiator
>Cock (or some other animal) fighting?
>Palm Reading
>Some card and dice games/Gambling
>>
>>51598678
This is all fine and good if Forgotten Realms were a setting where eight orcs couldn't just knock over a keep just 10 miles away from a decently-sized village and hold it for decades while the local lord and his vassal knights and local levies twiddle their thumbs.

The fact that adventurers even have jobs is proof that feudal lords in D&D settings either A) are much less powerful than in real life, B) much less inclined to do anything, and/or C) basically don't exist.
>>
>>51598048
It's on par with most classes. Still lacks all the versatility and such of a proper caster, but if you're not looking to play the guy with a solution to everything then it's fine to be a simple mage.
>>
>>51598702
Play Neverwinter Nights 2.
>>
>>51598655
Why not just use the official alchemist or adjust the official alchemist's features a bit if you don't like certain parts of it?
>>
>>51598712

>Forgotten Realms

Does anyone actually play in this setting? Honest question.
>>
>>51597934
source on pic ?
>>
>>51598766
It's been the default setting for three and a half editions now (I'm counting half of 2E, not 3+3.5)

so yeah
>>
>>51598712

Read Overlord, it does a good job describing how adventurers intersect with feudalism.
>>
>>51598797

I'm asking if anyone in this thread is playing a Forgotten Realms game, right now.
>>
>>51598849
>is anyone playing SKT/PotA/LMoP/OotA/etc
>>
How does Wild Magic sorc compare to these? Is it too random to draw a fair comparison?
>>
>>51598873
Wild Magic Sorc isn't even good when everything goes your way.
>>
>>51598766
I've played a decent number of campaigns and except for one I have no idea what it was, none of them have been Fogotten Realms.
>>
>>51598739
explain?
>>
>>51598368
Go for a fire/water genasi sea/pheonix sorcerer if you wanna confuse people

>I'm kind of a water elemental... that sets things on fire by touching them.
>I'm kind of a fire elemental... that breathes under water and can turn into water in response to danger.
>>
>>51597563
>Priestess

wut
>>
>>51598901
The game literally starts with a village fair, it's pretty comfy.
>>
>>51598885
How would you improve it?
>>
>>51598760
...I seem to have been gone for too long.

There's an official one? Where?
>>
File: Don't get sick.jpg (19KB, 500x719px) Image search: [Google]
Don't get sick.jpg
19KB, 500x719px
>>51598984
https://5egmegaanon.github.io/5etools/classes.html#Artificer%20(UA),
>>
>>51598954
Any extra events I can add to the list? Some don't even make sense.
>>
Okay so last time my group played it ended with them being accepted into the crew of a pirate ship on a Mediterranean-esque inland sea (the ship is more of a trireme than a galleon). My general plan is to let them either win the favour of the captain and become his trusted confidantes, ultimately making the captain essentially part of the party, or get the support of influential members of the crew in order to stage a mutiny. Does anyone have suggestions for opportunities I can give the players to let them win the support of either group, or both?
>>
>>51598702

Wet t-shirt contest.
>>
>>51598984
They'll probably rework it when they make the second PHB or before that, hopefully, because there are a few things I don't like about the artificer. The main problem is usually the level 6 feature which is like a powerful pet you're forced to have.
Otherwise I think the class is servicable.
>>
>>51599006
>Artificer
Oh. Bit overly magical for my tastes, but thank you. Might be able to steal some stuff from it.
>>
>>51599127
You can easily refluff parts of it into non-magic. Magical items are in fact SCIENCE and the third-casting is in fact SCIENCE.
>>
>>51599026
The captain is the expy of Black Bart - he's cruel and dogmatic, enforcing heavy regulations upon his crew - such as strictly forbidding gambling.
The players can join his crew in gambling secretely, or they can turn rulebreakers to Roberts.
>>
>>51599155
It is, admittedly, the whole 'the vial vanishes' that makes me wrinkle my nose a bit, and all.

I do like that it makes it so you can use stuff a good bit, though.

I'll talk to the DM, and see about merging bits of the homebrew and that one.

Thanks for the heads up on it.
>>
>>51599257
>the vial harmlessly decomposes into sand which then sublimates into a harmless gas and floats away
>>
File: muh_phoenix.jpg (119KB, 478x750px) Image search: [Google]
muh_phoenix.jpg
119KB, 478x750px
>phoenix sorcery

alright this is gonna be my next character then.
>>
>>51599167
ooh thats a good one
>>
>>51599257
You put it back in the pouch.
>>
>>51597111
Favored Soul gets you Mystic Theurge casting without fucking around with multiclassing; shame about Sorcerers having so few spells known.

Phoenix Sorcerers are "why you pick Red Dragon Sorcerer: the Archetype". They do what they're meant do do quickly and well. The healing is weak beer, but for getting your Megumin on it'll do.

Sea Sorcerer is a bit of a hodgepodge of ideas, mostly focused on adding control you don't have and mitigating hits you really should have avoided in the first place. A solid default choice, I guess.

Stone Sorcerer is a gish that doesn't have the decency to give you an extra attack, instead giving you a mark punish like the 4e Assault Swordmage. It's a bone thrown to the silly-good original Favored Soul with a worse bonus spell list that you don't get free (and no Spiritual Weapon because fuck you). It gives armor proficiency, then gives you a CON-based Mage Armor contingent on not wearing armor. The mark punish starts to falter against anything that can fly or hover...at the level you start finding more things that can fly or hover. It technically doesn't have a way for you to cast with weapon and shield, since there's no Holy Symbol style clause for Arcane Implements. It's kind of a mess, but there are enough stupid gish tricks nowadays to make it work.

I'd personally rate in terms of usefulness: Favored Soul > Phoenix (blaster)/Sea (utility) >= Stone. If the Stone Sorcerer had no terrain restriction on its mark and an Extra Attack at 6th, it would be swinging with the FS, tbdesu.
>>
File: No fun allowed.gif (3MB, 221x117px) Image search: [Google]
No fun allowed.gif
3MB, 221x117px
>Phoenix sorc
>Coulda been really interesting
>Just 'LEL PYROMANIA xDDDDD'
>>
>>51599330
Being reborn in flames is pretty cool, though. Flames healing you is cool too.

A late level improvement to Phoenix Spark to allow you to do it to an ally once per long rest might've been cool, but all in all I'm pretty happy with it.
>>
>>51599330
And how, pray tell, would (You) make it interesting?

It has flight, regeneration from death, command of flame, nourishment through flame, and extra burninating. What else do (You) want?
>>
>>51599454
>>51599435
Not them but I would've been much happier if they fixed sorcerer holy shit why make bonus content for something that needs fixing before fixing it?
>>
>>51599330

Is this the next spicy /5eg/ meme?
>>
>>51598849
Only technically. DM has been running games in our version of FR for a while, where our old characters deeds and such have become history. We're about +700 years from the default setting.
>>
>>51599537
Because sorcerer is only considered in need of fixing by /5eg/'s fucked-up meta that exaggerates the differences between classes. WotC isn't going to put out a sorcerer "fix," ever.
>>
>>51599537
Because quite frankly, buffing the archetypes would be enough.

It's still a full caster, meta-magic can give you a boost to damage through quicken/twin, a boost to support through twinning, a boost to control through heighten and a boost to utility through subtle. Arguably a boost to defence through subtle if you let it be the master counter-spell.

It's not PDF Ranger, it's not 4 Elements Monk. At the end of the day, a late-game Sorcerer is gonna wreck a martial and have a decent chance against their fellow casters.
>>
>>51599565
Sorcerer is literally just a weaker wizard with metamagic tacked on.

I don't see what's fucked up by thinking there's something wrong with that.

I don't care about whether or not it's as powerful as a wizard, it just shouldn't be 'literally wizard but worse'.
>>
>>51599594
Even then, it's still too close to a wizard.

It needs new spells or a sort of 'innate casting' that allows them to use one feature to output varying effects of the same element relating to their dragon sorcerer linage or other archetype. Something to set it apart other than 'I guess they have less spells but they can twin the spells? Oh also it uses some other dump stat instead of this dump stat.'
>>
>>51599607
Twin Spell (and now FS) make Sorcerers better buffers. RDS with Scorching Ray makes them better blasters, damage output wise. Con save proficiency makes their concentration spells more resilient. Inasmuch as skills matter in 5e, they have the better list. They no longer have the spell level hitch that forever made them the Wizard's bitch in 3rd. If you consider a two level detour in Warlock, they almost never run out of high level spells, plus become even better damage dealers.

The lack of spells known and the more narrow list hurt bad, but not that bad.
>>
>>51599565
>Second least played class
>Third least favorite class
>Second least disliked class

Sorc is literally pic related.

>Leddit survey:
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSeeCb9lLgfs48rbs0x7BBAFXYju3kg5AuobV_d4w1gnG6Qg-w/viewanalytics
>>
Can stone sorcerer use aegis in himself?
>>
>>51599746
>RDS with Scorching Ray makes them better blasters
Not with the errata
>>
File: BptVE1JIEAAA3dT[1].jpg (21KB, 600x405px) Image search: [Google]
BptVE1JIEAAA3dT[1].jpg
21KB, 600x405px
>>51599874
>one allied creature
Don't think so
>>
>>51599746
>RDS with Scorching Ray makes them better blasters
Better check up on that errata familypai
>>
Will stone aegis become OP if I change allied creature to willing creature and melee attack to any attack?
>>
So is Stone Sorc level 6 power like 4e marks?

You can just keep using, shielding and punishing people all day?
>>
So Favored Soul with Twinned spell and you just become your parties buff bitch for rest of campaign?
>>
File: image.jpg (91KB, 887x656px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
91KB, 887x656px
Last episode of Critical Role was actually engaging and felt like it had serious implications for once.

How was the most recent? Anything of note happen?

did they fucking revive him again
>>
>>51599746
>Better buffers
They can twin haste with their better concentration checks and twinned spell.
That's really the best of it.

They lack very many offensive spells to twin, a number of spells could already effectively be 'twinned' by casting at a higher level and honestly with buffing it's probably mostly just going to be haste or something. At that point you're using metamagic points which gaurantees you'll have less spell slots in a day than a wizard with arcane recovery or a land druid with their recovery.

Otherwise, they're only good for multiclassing into paladin or warlock or something that wants bonus action spells.
>>
>>51600158
>How was the most recent?
Lots of talking, 0 combat
>Anything of note happen?
Kerr left
>did they fucking revive him again
of course, matt even nat 20'd the final roll
>>
So if a party happened to find a 22 card Deck of Many Things, what should they do with it?
>>
File: 4.png (5KB, 104x89px) Image search: [Google]
4.png
5KB, 104x89px
>>51600206
>he's revived again

Fuck, its such a top tier DnD show but there's no fucking stakes if they just never die. Why even play if you cant die?
>>
A group of friends and I played for the first time this weekend. One of them was CE, the rest neutral, and I was LG. the CN bard would always sleep me whenever I found an important item to take it from me or when they would try to fight a non-hostile NPC.

Is there anything I can do about this? The way our DM is treating sleep is like a circle AoE from a game so he can use it to only clip me, even if this means he is casting the center outside of the bounds of a room we are in.
>>
>>51598849
Well one of our campaigns is using the Forgotten Realms maps, but not really in the setting as he changed a whole bunch of stuff in the random towns etc.
>>
>>51600210
Throw it in lava

>>51600226
They've just been "incredibly lucky" so far, apparently.
Although it is worth noting that Matt bitched out on his resurrection rules and made it +1 DC per res
>>
>>51600243
If you guys are friends, you should probably just tell him that his character is being really annoying.
>>
>>51600296
What was it before? I was always under the impression it was +1 DC per res from the start.
>>
>>51600243
Re-roll an elf
>>
>>51600312
Wasn't set in stone, he was toying with +3 to +5, but the cast flipped their shit when he mentioned it offhand. That week it was pegged at +1. He is the DM though, and I'm sure the show makes money, so whatever.
>>
>>51600210
Draw cards, draw that one card, decide to erase reality and completely erase everything from existence.
>>
Hey man, Twinned Raise Dead is bretty kewl
>>
>>51596629
Play D&D with your imoutos!
>>
>>51600243
>even if this means he is casting the center outside of the bounds of a room

by raw, he can't
>>
>>51600210
Find more, and open a Casino.
>>
>>51600243
It is like a video game circle, but even in games if you run the target into a wall the center gets stuck at the wall
>>
>>51599326
No, it literally vanishes. The bag feature outright says the bag is magic and the stuff is magic and almost everything you take out disappears immediately.
>>
>>51600310
We are, but I don't think he cares since he is always wasting time trying to use talk to animals and charm person like they are mind control spells.
>>
>>51600379
C'mon do it!
>>
>>51600243
Convince the other players to fuck the character up if he keeps doing it and tell him to knock it off.
If it's a 'fucks everything up' CE character then the other characters should agree the world would be better with this guy dead.

And, like said, the way they're using it is plain incorrect.

Counterspell would also work. Asking the DM if you can get any sort of anti-sleep item (Say, an item that automatically wakes you if you fall asleep) could work.

Or just goddamn smite them. CEs can be okay, but being a CE isn't a lisence to be an absolute dick. A good CE should know when to not be a dick.
>>
I thought that 5E fans wanted PF players to make the switch?
>>
>>51600595

You thought wrong. Anyone still playing that cancer is welcome to be contained within it.
>>
>>51600243
Kill him in his sleep.
>>
so I'm thinking of playing a paladin for the first time in a campaign coming up, but all the official sacred oaths aren't really catching my eye. my DM is very open to homebrew stuff so I took a look at some homebrew oaths, but I've never used any homebrew stuff and I can't tell if they are dogshit or completely OP.

how can you tell how good/bad homebrew stuff is?

(alternatively but not neccesary, what are some cool homebrew oaths you might recommend?)
>>
>>51600595
If they haven't switched yet, they're too far gone for me to want them in the 5e community. If Imoutos, Kitsunes, and Deities of Pedophilia are what it would take to get them to switch, they can stay on their sinking ship.
>>
File: michael_whelan__the_narrow_way.jpg (1MB, 1374x1700px) Image search: [Google]
michael_whelan__the_narrow_way.jpg
1MB, 1374x1700px
>>51597111
Favored Soul is cool, but the rest are just generic elemental stuff. They should have stopped at Storm Sorcery.
>>
>>51600740
>Homebrew
>Ever

Unfortunately the only way to be able to tell how good/bad it is is with experience.
You can also try to work out how experienced the person creating the homebrew is, but that also requires experience to identify (things like mentions of 'free actions')
Also anything on DandD wiki is automatically shite.

If you post it here you'll likely get some people shitting over whatever you post.

Your DM should consider being less open to homebrew or suck it up and play pathfinder like a faggot.
>>
>>51599931
>>51599978
Quicken Firebolt + SR L2 is still (Level/5)d10+Cha+6d6+Cha for a 2nd level slot and some SP (which you can eat 1st level slots for). Building for Greenflame Blade gets you [W]+Cha+Attack stat+Cha again at Level 5, making the Bladelock finally commit suicide out of shame.

Even being lazy and throwing it on a Fireball gets you a little under a d6 and a half's worth of average damage for nothing.

>>51600192
Twinning Haste is so much better buff wise than so many other classes can manage. There's also twin Polymorph, which doubles as a strong martial buff and a strong anti-anything debuff.

As for lomgevity, you only need your highest level slots, desu. The rest is fodder for SP conversion, which athe llast gets you an extra recovery's worth of slot. With the other classes, the reverse is also true: Paladin is a five or six level class. Warlock is a two level class, three if you *really* want an improved familiar or all the rituals.

Flavor wise, I can see Sorcerers sucking; they have fewer options compared to a Wizard, their fluff is bland and not supported overmuch by their mechanics, and have no niche that isn't purely meta (their metamagic or Voltronning them with other Cha casters). I personally think it's kind of weird they don't get something akin to Domains/terrain bonus spells, and weirder still when people shat themselves over the old FS getting them and a decent out the box Gish setup.
>>
>>51600226
If your general setting / party power level is that high, why would anyone die?
>>
>>51600780
Was Twin spell metamagic a mistake?
>>
>>51600764
Don't kid yourself familigia, pervert fa/tg/uys are everywhere.

You're probably one of 'em, but with a different kink than the PF degenerates.
>>
>>51600771
hmm, it's really only the non rules stuff I dislike, maybe I'll just come up with my own oath and use the rules for one of the official ones
>>
Which will be the next 5e book to be released?
>>
>>51600780
Paladin is great on its own, multiclasses are more sidegrades than anything.

Warlock and sorcerer both tend to be stronger with multiclassing, mostly looking at sorlock because it capitalizes on what warlock is good at in combat.

And, I suppose twin polymorph isn't so bad, but..

Yeah, part of the problem with them being similar to wizards is the fluff lacks. The othe part is that mechanically they're mostly more limited and don't play much differently than a wizard who doesn't try very hard.

And that's why you could easily put metamagic as a wizard school for twinned haste and polymorph and it would be like playing a sorcerer except better and pretty similar fluffwise.

They also need to deal with stuff like dragon sorcerers mostly choosing fire and metamagic mostly being quickened/twinned spell. Lack of option diversity.
>>
>>51600852
The Big Book of Rehashed Campaigns Book
>>
>>51600852
TALES FROM THE YAWNING PORTAL
>>
>>51600836
>but with a different kink than the PF degenerates

>implying Thrallherd isn't my fetish
>implying I can't recognize that I shouldn't bring my fetishes to the table
/pfg/ pls go and stay go
>>
>>51600873
Damn, will they release books with more classes eventually? I wish to play like a propper necromancer, to be able to summon a fucking Dragon Skeleton.
>>
>>51600823
Depends on how you see buffing multiple party members with one action. Since I am a filthy powergamer who also enjoys playing buffsluts, I find it a good only mitigated by the inability for other classes to do it, thus making buff incentives more selfish in general.

Also phoneposting is suffering.
>>
>>51600850
Well, yes. /5eg/ often advocates for 'refluffing'. Instead of homebrewing, if you don't like something, you should first see if you can easily adapt something existing. Since there's no mechanical change it wouldn't be broken unless the DM just doesn't like your character idea.

Though you could probably get suggestions on how to do it and what oath would be the most appropriate to refluff if you say the character concept.
>>
File: 1484665211151.jpg (103KB, 500x620px) Image search: [Google]
1484665211151.jpg
103KB, 500x620px
Am light cleric. Aside from bless, what I should be concentrating on?
>>
>>51600984
Cannon is a lot more fun to say than Blast.
>>
What's a good setup for encounter with an eccentric old Beholder that wants to use the party to roust out some troublesome Alhoon by trashing their fort and killing their minions?
>>
File: 1485552586687.png (181KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
1485552586687.png
181KB, 480x480px
>>51600984
The fuck happened to my image?
>>
>>51600887
>Thrallherd

wew

>>51600970
Guidance, Healing Prayer, Guiding Bolt or Command.
>>
>>51600970
Bringing glory to your god you freeloading faggot.
>>
>>51600984
Because artificer with it's half-assed caster progression is still miles more interesting to play than warlock which supposed to be a """full""" caster.
>>
>>51600970

>I CAME IN LIKE A FIREBALL

Spirit Guardians, Beacon of Hope, that sort of thing
>>
>>51599329
>Stone Sorcerer is a gish that doesn't have the decency to give you an extra attack
With haste and Quicken-Green Flame Blade you have 3 attacks at level 5 anyway without needing an offhand weapon
>It gives armor proficiency
It gives shields, simple weapons, and martial weapons. No armors.
> It technically doesn't have a way for you to cast with weapon and shield, since there's no Holy Symbol style clause for Arcane Implements
Unless I'm mistaken the arcane focus only replace the material components of spells, and you don't need it for spells that only have vocal and somatic parts, so you could still get away with those. Otherwise this is a good point.
>>
>>51600919
I was thinking of going two handed, so maybe some kind of obsession with strength. either thinking that everyone should be strong and strength=justice
thinking it's important to protect those weaker than you (even more so than a normal paladin)

the second one might be close enough to fall under oath of devotion
>>
File: butwhy.jpg (87KB, 516x598px) Image search: [Google]
butwhy.jpg
87KB, 516x598px
>When you use an action, bonus action, or reaction to attack with a net, you can make only one attack regardless of the number of attacks you can normally make.

>Martial Ranged Weapons

> (range 5/15)
>>
>>51601009
If you mean holding concentration, then Spiritual Weapon and Spirit Guardians. Once you get the Radiant damage boost, Sunbeam /Moonbeam are a thing. Bless will carry you for a long time, concentration slot wise.
>>
>>51600984
Because cannons and blasts are not equal. There's science to prove it.
>>
>>51601033
either thinking that everyone should be strong and strength=justice
OR*
thinking it's important to protect those weaker than you (even more so than a normal paladin)
>>
>>51601034
I want to know if the 5ft normal range means you're supposed to always have disadvantage when using it.
They seem to just be expecting you to make assumptions about the rules, like how the blowgun does nothing RAW.
>>
>>51601029
Haste Quicken GFB is one of the gish tricks that make the build work, but that's inherent to the Sorcerer class, not the archetype. I also missed the lack of armor proficiency, which is really weird but justifies the class feature in question. V/S/M interactions are a bit of a gray area in the best of times, so that's a table call.

The Stone Sorcerer isn't bad, merely weird and kind of niche. It begs for a Sorcadin setup or a two drop in Fighter (for Action Surge and the Fighting Style) to me, whereas the other UA archetypes work pretty straight up.
>>
>>51601033
Well, you can't really 'swear to be strong'. I guess you can 'swear to try to get stronger' all the time, maybe. Probably just take out a tenet you don't like and shove that in in its place.
>>
>>51601094
First one sounds like Conquest from UA, second one is Devotion.
>>
File: 1417914633171.jpg (118KB, 600x686px) Image search: [Google]
1417914633171.jpg
118KB, 600x686px
>>51601160
>Sorcadin
Did somebody saySaracen?
Because for a second there I thought I heard somebody say "Saracen."
>>
>>51601020
I like that none of them are directly damage-dealing. They're mostly just utility to help keep you at range and safe so you can drop prone and snipe shit from 150ft away.
>>
People don't seem to like Stone Sorcerer. I fucking love. I love anything Earth Themed.

I had an idea for a Duergar Druid who was, what the people from his kingdom would call, a Stoneshaper. Always prepare all the earth/rock/stone related spells. His goal was to come to the Surface and convince people that Duergar were the best stone workers, and that all other dwarves paled in comparison to them.
>If you think mountain dwarves are the best stoneworkers, then you can't even comprehend Duergar stonework.
And then he'd try to get them to pay him to make stonework for them.
But now I can kinda do that with a Charisma class...which makes those persuasion rolls even better.

Maybe for Duergar in said Kingdom they do a ritual with a Golem construct they make themselves to become a Stone Sorcerer.

Although Abyssal Tiefling would probably be the best option min-max wise.
Demon Blacksmith who forges all his weapons and armour out of stone because...he's hardcore!
>>
>>51596729
What the fuck is a Monk. get ready for revised monk 2k19

>>51597111
Really like them all. Very satisfied. All but Sea give interesting character ideas a home instantly for me, and Sea is still pretty cool. Want more to speak Primordial dialects.
>>51597309
Someone put it in similar terms to the Beast Conclave Extra Attack, slightly different with a reaction, but still pretty consistent.
>>
>>51598941
Am I seriously the only person that reads dragon+?
>>
Is stone aegis

2+(level/4) : starting at 3
or (2+level)/4 : starting at 2?
>>
>>51601428
I tried, the other day. It was weirdly difficult to navigate. Do they still publish it in a paper version? If the content is good I might subscribe.
>>
>>51601487
The former. Starts at 3, caps at 7.
>>
>>51601366
Stone Sorcery is great. +7 to +10 damager per casting of spell?

GWM + Green-flame blade then quicken GWM+Green-flame blade (and action surge if you dip in fighter) never look better.
>>
>>51601428
Possibly

Not all of us are millennials who experience the entirety of the internet through a phone. WotC can keep their spyware. Also, the web version of Dragon+ is so poorly thought out that I can think of more than one UX guy who would have a fucking aneurysm just glancing at its layout. It's actually pretty disgusting.

Oh well.
>>
>>51600210
Geas some commoner into drawing and then giving you any physical items they receive from it.

>>51600243
Find a better group/DM

>>51600525
That's fluff you jester. Call it whatever you want. It's just flavored like magic garbage because wizards want the class to be actually balanced and not something you can break with a week of downtime.

>>51600907
That's what UA is for dumpass. Look forward to two weeks from now probably maybe.

>>51601105
Intent is always disadvantage. Expected way to counteract is get advantage on same attack to cancel out. Esp. monsters using help action/pack tactics/whatever. Cheese way is to find a way to gain both advantage and disadvantage, which still cancels everything else out. Didn't you know it's easier to catch your enemies in nets while you all are stuck in a Fog Cloud?

>>51601428
If you could link straight to where the priestess is that'd be reall appreciated. Last time I tried my computer fucked up and couldn't navigate the Web mag at all.
>>
>>51597575
The druid UA tries to fix that. It limits the number of wildshapes, and requires a lot more observation than the just "any beast you've seen before" to gain a new exotic shape.
>>
>>51601680
Bitter much?
>>
>>51601680
Do you really feel the need to turn literally anything into an opportunity to complain about millennials?
>>
File: john_wayne_cowboy_poster.jpg (70KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
john_wayne_cowboy_poster.jpg
70KB, 400x400px
>>51601034
>Get crossbow master and sharpshooter
>Get hand crossbow
>Refluff net as a lasso
>Acquire wide brimmed hat
>Become the cowboy
>>
What spell should Favored Soul get from Cleric list?

Healing word? Guiding bolt? Spiritual weapon?
>>
>>51601741
BLESS
L
E
S
S
>>
>>51598263
>Intelligence check to make art
Should be Charisma or Wisdom
>>
With the stone sorc's Durability feature, would you still be adding dex to your 13+con AC?
>>
Thoughts

The new Favored Soul feels noticeably different than the first "Altering Classes" version of the favored soul. In fact, I'd imagine this is more just a Divine Origin Sorcerer than a favored soul.

I'm inclined to like/use both.
>>
>>51601105
I'd imagine the idea is that you're only supposed to use it when the target is at a disadvantage. Using a net as anything other than an option to end a combat non-lethally probably wasn't their intent. Fuckers.
>>
>>51601829
No.
>>
>>51601829
No. it change how your AC calculate.
>>
>>51601707
No, just a bitter Gen X with a low tolerance for bullshit

>>51601716
Nah, although I have noticed that millennials are extremely sensitive about being called millennials. It's kind of amusing actually - a generation of supposed special snowflakes who hate being referred to as a monolithic group more than anything else, and respond with the equivalent of
>UGH. DAD.
It's adorable.
>>
>>51601683
It's mentioned issue 11 ("The D&DIY Issue") page 17, but they just provide a link to the Dungeon Master's Guild page, not the pdf itself.

Fucking $3 for a single glorified homebrew class. Who would actually pay for that?
>>
>>51601955
You seem pretty sensitive yourself, bucko.
>>
>>51601955
I'm kinda disappointed because I was recently demoted from Millennial to Gen X fucktard when I realized that the TV talking heads started Millennial Status at 1995 now.
Now I'm just another assmad faggot instead of a cool dude with futuristic views. It sucks!
>>
what about the stone one, it looks like a fun gish class.
>>
>>51601955
>Bitter much?
>No, just bitter
>>
>>51601955
>Bullshit
Pops there's no need to sweat phone use. Kids have always been pretty stupid, and they're super useful.
Hell, we're shitposting on a Viet Sewing website. That sounds pretty stupid to me.
>>
>>51600907
it honestly looks like they are going to do a new phb book or something similar to give new character options from what they are leased as so far with all the new ua and the artificer and the mystic take three which will hopefully be out in three weeks.
>>
>>51598414
how do you get con to attack rolls with that?
>>
>>51602023
>what's bad about the stone one, it looks like a fun gish class.
>>
>>51601994
About what? I can't pull anyone's leg around here?

>>51602016
95? Nah that's way late. Gen Z is basically anyone born after 2001ish. Milennials are like early/mid 80's to 2000 or so. This bullshit is always inexact though. It's basically mass astrology.

>>51602052
Oh I don't care if people use their phones, I understand the convenience. I just don't like the afterthought hack job WotC did on their "webizine" (the word itself makes me gag). Even a PDF would have been better, really. Speaking of which, has anyone made a PDF for the Priestess?
>>
>>51602073
The produce flame cantrip they get has an attack roll, and their spellcasting stat for it is constitution.
>>
How does Fighting Style: Tunnel Fighter (UA) work with Sentinel?
>>
>>51602095
Ranting about things apropos of nothing is the sort of thing people usually only do when booty bothered.
>>
How have people been refluffing 5e classes into something else?
>>
>>51602185
Isn't that what /5eg/ is all about though? Sharing our anger? :^)

I'm sorry, I truly didn't mean to ruffle anyone's feathers.
Gonna jet for a while anyways so you won't have to worry about me.
>>
>>51601366
People haven't been saying that though, they've been saying stone sorcerer is a alright to well designed class.

It would probably see a lot of play as well. We really a second PHB to get it officially.
>>
>>51596629
For the Megaanon, a question

What are the odds of the 5etools github getting taken down? As my groups DM I almost exclusively rely on it to give me all the information I need for monsters and other stats

Should I be looking for another source of this stuff?
>>
>>51602496
not maganonDownload a copy for your own use
>>
File: ha.gif (1MB, 400x225px) Image search: [Google]
ha.gif
1MB, 400x225px
>>51601955
>>
Can someone post the "way of the knife asshole" image? One of my players just described wanting to play a knife thrower
>>
>quit game because I dislike the DM's attitude
>three days later already want to play my character again
fuck
>>
>>51602606
Keep that character in mind, my dog.
Find a friendly DM to play with and whip him out.
>>
>>51601683
>That's fluff you jester. Call it whatever you want.
No that's mechanics. It is mechanically just a spell. It disappears when not used because spells only last for a second. It does not function like an item.
Here is an easy fix: You can only have one of each type of item outside of the bag at a time. If you hand an acid flask to someone else and then pull out a second one, the first disappears.
>>
Stone : Earth
Phoenix : Fire
Storm : Wind
Sea : Water
Favored Soul : Heart?

Can 5 sorcerers party summon a captain planet?
>>
>>51602889
Hell yeah
>>
>>51601366
Mate I think it looks like a fun gish and will probably play one if my paladin croaks
>>
File: manatee hatred.jpg (59KB, 625x419px) Image search: [Google]
manatee hatred.jpg
59KB, 625x419px
>>51597426
Forever DM here, I know that feel.
I've been looking forward to playing my new Dwarf Rogue for a month, and now I just desperately want to make a river-spirit-themed Sea Sorceror.
Meanwhile I still haven't played my fey-themed folk hero druid, my half-elf battlemaster, my undead-hunting ranger, or my bard/necromancer, because nobody else in my group can make an adventure.
I was bitching about it the other day and they said "hey, if you're worried that you can't make stuff fast enough, we can help you with your campaigns"

fucking dammit
>>
What are some of the class that would benefit from a dip in Stone Sorcerer for AC = 13+CON?

STR Barbarian?
Muscle Wizard?
>>
File: way of the knife asshole.png (2MB, 646x1696px) Image search: [Google]
way of the knife asshole.png
2MB, 646x1696px
>>51602578
I gotchubrau
>>
>>51601020
Every thread until you understand

Warlocks are ranged martials that key off charisma.
They have spells for utility, or the occasional trump combat move.
They are NOT full casters.
>>
In a game where full casters are banned (for thematic setting reasons more than balance reasons, high level magic is the domain of rare rituals instead), would warlock incarnum being capped to level 6 or maybe 7 spells be balanced or gimp them too much?
>>
Can favored soul cast Prayer of Healing for 9 minutes then cast quicken Beacon of Hope as a bonus action and concentrate on it until PoH goes off?
>>
File: MEGAANON.png (39KB, 817x578px) Image search: [Google]
MEGAANON.png
39KB, 817x578px
Posting with the hope that megaanon sees this and fixes it.
>>
>>51603506
No.

Casting a spell with a casting time longer than an action requires concentration, as does Readying a spell.
>>
>>51596938
Maybe something about grappling
>>
So any advice for combining any of these new origins with fighter (for that sweet fighting style to round out the GFB)?
>>
>>51603511
What is the problem?
>>
>>51603544
Every divine strike says radiant damage.
>>
>>51603544
Literally only one of those archetypes deals Radiant damage with their divine strike.

Life is Radiant
Nature is Lightning Fire or Cold
Tempest is Thunder
War is the same as weapon type.
>>
>>51603593
Oh and Trickery is poison.
>>
So... Moon Druid with a 1 level dip in Stone Sorcerer can become 18 AC Mammoth?
>>
>>51603688
Watch out, your level 19 build has slightly higher AC!
>>
>>51603709
If you think 5 AC is "slightly", you should go back to /pfg/ and stroke your ac bloat waifu.
>>
>>51603825
You're still never gonna play a level 19 character though.
>>
>>51603825
Isn't 18 the AC of a level 1 fighter?
>>
>>51603825
It's level 19, and its only 2 more than you normally could choose to have via Barkskin. If thats what you choose to be doing as a level 19 full caster, be my guest.
>>
What's the most AC you could possibly have without spells?
>>
>>51603953
20th level barbarian can get to 26 with a shield
>>
>>51603996
My bad, its only 24 because unarmored defense is off dex
>>
>>51603953
Full Plate, Shield, Defensive Fighting Style, Defensive Duelist Feat. You get a base of 21, 27 during reactions at the highest proficiency bonus.
>>
>>51604006
Forgot Barbarian. tr
>>
>>51603953
When you say "without spells" does that mean without magic items? Technically it's possible to bump your stats up to 30 with those.
>>
I don't suppose a shield counts as wearing armor huh?
>>
wtf is the difference between Lightning and Thunder damage? Is Lightning just electricity and is Thunder just sound?
>>
File: wat cat 2.jpg (60KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
wat cat 2.jpg
60KB, 500x500px
>>51604347
>What's the difference between thunder and lightning?
Anon, I....
>>
>>51604359
Well like...Thunder is just the sound Lightning makes. It isn't really its own thing.

The real question is, I am making a Stone Sorcerer, and i want to theme my spells, but there isn't really "earth damage" so i figured anything that was Thunder or Force would work.
>>
>>51604411
Pathfinder would treat acid as if it was the earth-elemental damage, but that game's retarded sooo...
>>
File: damage types.png (706KB, 439x719px) Image search: [Google]
damage types.png
706KB, 439x719px
>>51604347
Consider reading the fucking book.
>>
>>51604411
It's old sonic damage.
>>
>>51604494
>>51604452
Thanks! :D
>>
>>51603806
new thread
>>
>>51601160
>but that's inherent to the Sorcerer class, not the archetype
Champion doesn't get extra attack either. Its features suck without extra attacks. Too bad that's inherent to the Fighter class and not coming from the archetype.

> V/S/M interactions are a bit of a gray area in the best of times, so that's a table call.
Probably accounts for why they get a list of "all the smite spells" since they're a bunch of bonus action V only spells to use with sword and shield.
>>
>>51601683
>Didn't you know it's easier to catch your enemies in nets while you all are stuck in a Fog Cloud?
It actually kinda is.
>>
>>51604006
My bladesinger wizard has 27 (32 ac with shield).

DM makes creatures with melee/ranged physical attacks just ignore me now.
>>
>>51600226
Its actually harder to ressurect in CR than RAW.
>>
>>51603083
>STR Barbarian
>Implying the meme DEX barbarian is a real option
Thread posts: 337
Thread images: 42

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.