[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

BBEG

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: Beejg.png (2KB, 249x260px) Image search: [Google]
Beejg.png
2KB, 249x260px
What's with the recent shitstorm on /tg/ over the term BBEG? I see it in every thread that dares utter the term these days to the point where it starts derailing good (well, okay) threads in favour of the autistic screechfest over a four letter acronym. Is it just too mainstream now and /tg/ wants to be hipster and not associate with the people who have started using it as well?

For the record, according to sup/tg/ the term has been used in /tg/ for almost ten years now and originally people did not have any issue with it.

>inb4 "a thread died for this"

I guess you can consider this a containment post of sorts.
>>
Guess it's pointless to use acronyms when there are terms describing perfectly what you are trying to say.
"Villain" is enough, and everybody can understand it. Problem is many people on the chans don't want others to understand things, therefore join the community, because muh neckbeard elitarism.
>>
>>51592430
Why are you so upset about this?

>inb4 "a thread died for this"

At least you understand you're in the wrong, but that actually makes making this thread even worse.
>>
>>51592491
>Why are you so upset about this?

Not really upset. Just getting tired of seeing it in every thread.

>Guess it's pointless to use acronyms when there are terms describing perfectly what you are trying to say.
"Villain" is enough, and everybody can understand it. Problem is many people on the chans don't want others to understand things, therefore join the community, because muh neckbeard elitarism.

Fair enough, though I still don't see why it's such a n issue these days since it didn't use to be.
>>
There is no "shitstorm". It's one guy trying to force a meme. I suspect it's you, OP.
Also, a thread died for this.
>>
>>51592578
/thread
>>
As of this post, the retard complaining about it is still visible in the bans page.
>>
>>51592430
It's not really all that recent. People have been complaining about "Big Bad Evil Guy" for years. The early complaints seemed to be mostly about the concept itself, with many people disagreeing that a plot needed a character as a central antagonist.

Now, it seems that some of the complaints are about the language. "Big Bad Evil Guy" was coined to sound corny, and is more of an in-joke than a designation like "Central Antagonist." It's also grown to be somewhat vague, with some people using it as the central antagonist, others using it as the final antagonist, and still others using it as simply any antagonist, which can get confusing when trying to communicate about one of these specific ideas.

As far as the shitstorm, I think that comes in part because it takes very little effort to say "BBEG sounds dumb", which is enough to trigger some people who use that phrase. These people then go to say things like "you need to respect this acronym, it's /tg/'s acronym, every true fa/tg/uy uses BBEG exclusively," and that gets even people who had no real interest in the matter upset, because it starts to sound like there's people who are actually actively trying to push BBEG.

BBEG is a meme, and like most memes it doesn't have much of a shelf life. The old joke has faded, and now it seems like people are just finding ot weird for people to be so fervent in holding onto it.
>>
>>51592975

This is a pretty good summary. Thanks.
>>
File: Most of it self inflicted.gif (940KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
Most of it self inflicted.gif
940KB, 500x375px
>>51592430

"Shitstorm" is pretty disingenuous.

Every few months, this guy shows up and tries derailing threads by throwing a fit about BBEG as a term. Then he calls anyone who disagrees with him a defensive crybaby, and the whole thing looks like a bigger problem than it is.

Use it as much as you want, or don't. No one sincerely gives a shit about it.
>>
>>51592578
>>51592792
>>51593777
Why are you going through so much effort to try and pretend it's only one person? It kind of works against you when it's fairly obvious to not be the case, and all it does is encourage the people who disagree with the term to raise their voices louder.

>No one sincerely gives a shit about it.
Then why do you pretend to care so much?
>>
>>51594106
Holy shit, you're retarded.
>>
>What's with the recent shitstorm on /tg/ over the term BBEG?

Almost every thread with BBEG in it is shit, this one included.
>>
>>51595873
You're Right... but this thread is still not shitty enough. We can do worse:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OGqvjGXSjRQ
>>
>>51594106
You're a fucking idiot

sage
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.