[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

D&D Fifth Edition General /5eg/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 406
Thread images: 39

File: IMG_0353.jpg (334KB, 500x572px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0353.jpg
334KB, 500x572px
Because there wasn't one in the catalog edition

> New Unearthed Arcana: Rangers and Rogues
http://media.wizards.com/2016/dnd/downloads/2017_01_UA_RangerRogue_0117JCMM.pdf
> Don't forget to rate the Artificer in the official survey:
http://sgiz.mobi/s3/9c17dda91a1d

>Official /5eg/ Mega Trove v4b
https://mega.nz/#F!z8pBVD4Q!UIJWxhYEWy7Xp91j6tztoQ

>Pastebin with resources and so on:
http://pastebin.com/X1TFNxck

>/5eg/ Discord server
https://discord.gg/0rRMo7j6WJoQmZ1b

>5etools
https://5egmegaanon.github.io/5etools/5etools.html

>Previous thread
It's ded
>>
File: o8S03mP.png (756KB, 1092x689px) Image search: [Google]
o8S03mP.png
756KB, 1092x689px
New arcana is TODAY. What are your expectations?
>>
>>51591397
More classes trying to be other classes.
>>
>>51591397
Low
>>
I'm trying to go significantly lower magic to some extent. Currently thinking whether I should just ban full casters (besides warlock), and probably move a few of the unique things attached elsewhere (maybe allow a warlock to trade the lock spell list for another caster class, and still allowing spells from these lists through feats). How do low fantasy DMs do this without just capping everything at low levels?
>>
How would you build a knowledge cleric? Would Half-elf 8 14 12 13(+1) 15(+1) 10(+2) be any good?
>>
>>51591462
Have you considered playing a system actually suited for your plans? Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay comes to mind.
>>
>>51591483
D&D is conceptually a lot less scary because it's not some random thing I pulled out of my ass, especially with new players (I've got an old ass scan of a friend's obscure game system as a plan B).

2E could handle it fine with fine tuning, I'm sure 5E can too.
>>
>>51591462
In a system where there are only three classes that don't get magic, but both having archetypes to supersede that, it really isn't going to feel like a low magic setting for the players due to the system. I agree with >>51591483.

On the other hand, if you really want it to be 5e, make short rests 8 hours, and long rests a week. That means a wizard can only cast his spell once, that's it. He doesn't cast meteor swarm, then take a snooze and do it again. Then, make it so in order to cast spells that have a material component, they need that material component even if they have an arcane focus.

Though be careful cause this is getting into the boring setting area. You have to have some really interesting DMing to not get bored after having to roleplay a week going by so we can cast spells that are crucial to the progresssion of the game.
>>
If you are prone and cast Misty Step, can you use the spell to reorient you to a standing position?
>>
>>51591462
That could make for an interesting setting. If you're going to include warlock as a player option though, give some indication as to why it's generally a bad idea. Maybe have their patron be quite demanding, perhaps with some appropriate distasteful trait (archfey might be whimsical and toy with you for fun, while devil may be excessively malicious to test your loyalty), and force the player to follow their plans essentially at gunpoint. If you plan on making encounters and enemies that would be trivialised by a single wizard this isn't a bad idea.
>>
If I play a grappler, how many turns/rolls will I need to anally sodomise someone?
>>
>>51591462
I would say this. Rather than ban Casters, add restrictions to magic.

Such as making a roll to succeed on casting failure does damage to you for arcane casters 1d6 per level of the spell. DC is 10+spell level. Caster gets d20+1/2 level rounded up.

For Divine again a casting roll, failure no special penalty but healing spells become dangerous to caster. They must pass a fortitude save with a DC of 8+HP healed+1 if subject is of an opposed alignment, +1 if they worship a different god. Healer takes damage equal to amount they failed by.
>>
>>51591545
5e was designed so a party doesn't need spell casters if potions are available.
>>
>>51591570
Prone is a condition that would supersede that. You can cast it, and your body would be shifted over, but you can't like flip it and all that.

Although what I would say is misty step 5 feet above your position, with an acrobatics check to get your feet under you.
>>
How would a spell less paladin work? Add Charisma check bonuses and superiority dice? Add long rest abilities. Throw some ideas out.
>>
>>51591683
It would look like a fighter.
>>
>>51591463
Half-elf always seems like the ideal way to do knowledge cleric to me. The extra proficiencys combined with the on demand skills/tools are enough to rival a bard, plus the extra charisma doesn't go to waste with persuasion being on the cleric list to start with. The obligatory question here has to be whether it's worth investing int over con. I definitely respect your resolve and thematically it works, but remember the expertise in the int skills you get will let you use them without a decent int. Honestly I'd only recommend it if you're going to pick up investigation, which also isn't a bad idea, but to each their own. Make sure to have all the tools you may ever need (big ones being thieves' tools, disguise kit, forgery kit, possibly herbalism kit or navigation tools) so you're prepared for everything. Stealth is honestly good enough that it's worth the 1 less AC to use it without disadvantage. Being able to scout the frontline with a shield and half decent hp means you can do so without popping, and using detect thoughts from a distance means you can cast a free suggestion from the shadows without tipping off your opponent or wasting two turns to do so.

Trust me, aside from having only one attack cantrip knowledge clerics are one of the best casters in the game and while they're not so good as bards in terms of skill they can give them a run for their money.
>>
>>51591382
> new player here

do you guys play with minifigs or without?

thoughts on The Adventurer's League?

Do you have any advice for me as a new player?
>>
>>51591462
You can make multiclassing one or two levels to a caster possible, but your main class can't be a caster. Also, use the UA Ranger as the template for ranger instead of the PHB one.

This means that classes are restricted to: Fighter, Ranger and Barbarian and Monk (maybe). They can multiclass to casters/half-casters, but only for up to 3-5 levels.
>>
>>51591739
I use minis when combat starts or it's a messy dungeon crawl

Never done AL, heard mixed reviews

As for advice, just don't take it too seriously your first game. Don't make a super complex character to start off with, and don't be afraid to speak up during interactions. I'm DMing a campaign with two new players and it always seems like they're too afraid to speak up during an RP interaction leaving me with nothing to work with. And last but not least, try to stay in character. IMO, the best way to do this is for your first character to basically be you, but in the world of DnD
>>
>>51591739
>thoughts on The Adventurer's League?

Don't, ESPECIALLY if you're new. It'll give you nothing but bad habits and misconceptions.
>>
>>51591683
You'd have to change the smite somehow. Either move it closer in line to what it was in 3.x or let you spend multiple superiority dice at once for a big slam. Honestly changing the various smite spells to maneuvers then having "radiant smite" as the using all the power at once in a big anime smite would fit paladin just fine.

Beyond that you could give them some more mundane knightly things. Perhaps they can perform out-of-combat prayers similar to rituals that would give buffs to themselves and/or others. Maybe give them temporary auras they could choose when they need them, or alternately allow them to make their prayer bonus an aura temporarily. Charisma check bonuses make sense, but they would need to be more fitting than a simple expertise bonus. Maybe some sort of 1/SR zone of truth that doubles as advantage on diplomacy checks to make people trust you? A lot of DM's like to run with paladins beings trustworthy, but making it a more tangible benefit would be nice. You can also slap on the "extra superiority dice at combat start if you're empty" schtick they do with all the other maneuver classes. Those are just my thoughts, but right now it's midnight over here so maybe they're not as good as I think they are. I might try working on this in the morning if you don't
>>
File: darathra.jpg (30KB, 384x512px) Image search: [Google]
darathra.jpg
30KB, 384x512px
Doing PotA. Party is hanging out in Triboar while they're getting some plate armor resized, still fairly early in the campaign. Should I throw anything at them?

I'm thinking of just letting them come up with things they want to do each day and then concluding each day with a performance at the inn with a dwarven singing troupe, not really try to force anything in particular.
>>
Wild Magic is a thing, but are there any other "fun" classes out there?
>>
>>51591754
>monk
>no rogue

one of these is magical and one isn't
>>
>>51592246
Honestly, Open Palm monk isn't particularly magical either. And strictly speaking low fantasy can still work with Paladins, Monks and Rangers, depending on how low you want to go.
>>
>>51592226
Halfling Diviner Wizard with Lucky feat.

Never worry about a roll again.
>>
>>51591735
Definitely going to pick up investigation (along with other knowledge skills)
>>
>>51592307
Why even bother rolling? Just tell your DM that you succeed the check.

Christ that's a great combination
>>
File: 1425569565617.jpg (49KB, 640x359px) Image search: [Google]
1425569565617.jpg
49KB, 640x359px
>>51592307
>>51592378
Also the reason about 3/4ths of the DMs I've played 5E with ban the Lucky feat.
>>
So i'm a fairly new DM, and am running the Lost Mines of Phandelver campaign with four other people as my "debut" campaign as a DM.
The party consists of a monk, a wizard, a barbarian and a rogue.

So, the party decided to go through the front gates, where they were promptly spotted by the goblins in the arrow slits, and the rogue and monk thought it was a good idea to find another way in while the other two hunkered down on the stairs, safe from arrow fire.

They found the back entrance, and the monk decided to rush through the castle with step of the wind to see if he could quickly flank the sniper goblins.

Of course, he didn't take into account that the rooms might be full of enemies, and proceeded to run past the goblins in the mess hall. I gave him a free pass on this one, since he just barged in rushing like a madman, and the goblins were caught off-guard.

Now, what happens next is what gave me more trouble: To try and make the best of the situation, the rogue hatched a plan: He'd lay some ball bearings next to a pool of lamp oil, and he'd goad the goblins to chase him instead of the monk, and as soon as he'd get their attention, he'd jump over the oil and set it on fire.

This obviously required more than one action, but seeing as the party was about to get overwhelmed, i let him do this, if only to buy them a few more turns to dispatch the other goblins. I also rolled 1d4 fire damage for any goblin who failed the DC for the ball bearings.

How would you have solved this situation?
>>
>>51592226
FFXIV homebrew Astrologian class. You roll a D6 and get a random buff which you can apply to ally.
>>
>>51592307
>>51592378
Any DM in their right mind would beat a player trying to do this.
>>
>>51592404
>>51592395
>>51592378
Definitely going to roll it as my next character. I was going to do another GOO Warlock, but I've decided this would be much more hilarious.
>>
>>51592397

Failed to mention they reached the Cragmaw Castle part of the camaign.
>>
>>51592419
>>51592404
That's when you play a Variant Human Lucky Diviner instead.
>>
File: Ehhhh.jpg (64KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
Ehhhh.jpg
64KB, 640x480px
>>51592419
It'll be "hilarious" for all of about 2 sessions before everyone will get sick of it and your DM will probably realize why all the other DMs ban this combo. It's not exactly new or unique, it's a well-known kind of bullshit that's not fun for anyone involved except the munchkin doing it.
>>
>>51592404
What's wrong with it? It's not like the wizard will ever get to high enough level to make a simulacrum army of himself and control all the dice roll of everyone in the kingdom.
>>
File: warcraft-orc-man.jpg (120KB, 959x735px)
warcraft-orc-man.jpg
120KB, 959x735px
>playing new campaign
>not sure if I want to play as orc or half orc
>everyone else will probably be an orc I'll pick half orc and mix it up
>no one else picks picks orc
>ask anyone if they even have a drop of orcish blood
>they say no
>mfw

why do people do this?
>>
>>51592464
Endgame for the wizard will be to make sure his timeline is the one where he never dies. Quantum suicide.
>>
>>51592459
It's not that bad. Portent is only 2 rolls. Lucky is irrelevant if the wizard isn't attacking or being attacked.

Lucky (halfling) is even less relevant since Wizard won't be making that many d20 roll by himself.
>>
>>51592475
I dunno, maybe you should talk to THEM about it instead of us.
>>
>>51592475
Volo's Orc is bad. Like "why don't you just play Half-orc instead" bad.
>>
>>51592395
You'd have to be severely butt-hurt and "That DM" to ban Lucky. Most of my players use it to dodge critical hits from monsters.
>>
>>51592497
they're not orcs, they wouldn't get it.
>>
File: Soulbound.pdf (1B, 486x500px)
Soulbound.pdf
1B, 486x500px
I found this homebrew class, what's /5eg/'s opinion on it?
>>
>>51592508
It's more that it's a feat thats universally useful to everyone to an insane degree, often to the point where it outweighs most other options in most situations.

It's not good game design to have a clear "best" choice whenever choice is offered.
>>
>>51592504
60ft of movement at the cost of a bonus action,
120ft or 90ft depending on DM if you dash.

Green flame blade plus action surge at level 5 with that build is pretty beefy but that being said green flame blade with any level 5 fighter is beefy. Orc just gives you the most Lock down potential.
>>
>>51592399
Is that in the homebrew collection?

>>51592307
Jeez, anon.
>>
>>51592530
It's a needlessly-complex rip off of Warforged.

>>51592542
It's no one's first feat choice that has a brain. Every class has at least one more important feat to take.
>>
>>51592464
The reason I don't like it is it's giving you a bonus to pretty much everything. Initiative, a stealth check, a perception check a wisdom saving throw a strength saving throw even your attack rolls.

Rolling a luck dice is the same as gaining advantage, which averages out to be a 4-5.

The lucky feat does not help customize your character, it is a flat increase to everything the player does. The only thing it can't do is influence non-d20 rolls, but that's everything.

All other feats makes your character more specialized, more unique. Lucky makes you better at everything.
>>
File: 1449007609876.png (193KB, 500x379px) Image search: [Google]
1449007609876.png
193KB, 500x379px
>>51592581
Yup, dat Divination wizard sure has better feats to take, especially how you were just bragging about how broken taking this feat would be!
>>
File: approve.jpg (55KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
approve.jpg
55KB, 1024x768px
>>51592530
1 sentence in but it's already 10/10
>>
>>51592619
Yeah, War Caster and Resilient are more important for a wizard to take than Lucky unless you have a retard DM who won't ever attack the wizard.
>>
>>51592619
What the hell does the Lucky feat even have to do with Portent?
>>
File: all hope lost.jpg (80KB, 766x960px) Image search: [Google]
all hope lost.jpg
80KB, 766x960px
>>51592530
>Read intro paragraph.
Oh great... another f*cking anime-ripoff class. At least it's not from Jojo

>Read class abilities
Immunities out the ass, advantage on death throws, and a healing ritual that restores you to full health regardless of everything.

Yeah... I'm done. Just play a warforged.
>>
>>51592645
3 rerolls of d20 dice.

2 dice already rolled ready to be called to make sure an individual rolls poorly or well.

5 dice rolls that make you better or them worse.
>>
>>51592682
So, it does nothing special for a diviner. It does exactly what it does for any other character.
>>
>Setting has a race of Minotaurs, who are pretty much the guys from that Waterborne Adventures UA
>However, there's an incredibly easy ritual that any of them can perform, that grants them immense power and fortitude at the cost of their sanity
>Ritual basically turns them into DMG Minotaurs

How much Fantastic Racism could I get away with other NPCs treating members of this race, before it effects my players' suspension of disbelief? What if I ran a campaign where one of the villains was tricking/forcing minotaurs into undergoing this metamorphosis?
and what do I do if a minotaur player becomes interested in this ritual, even after I demonstrate the 'insanity' cost?
>>
>>51592633
>Playing a wizard
>Not using mobility options like misty step, levitate, rooftops, and other means of keeping away from melee enemies
>Not making smart use of cover to keep safe from crossbow bolts
>Ever getting in a situation where you have to make con saves while the rest of your party is alive

It's like you've never actually played a wizard. Which is probably why you think Portent + Lucky is some new and amazing idea that nobody has ever come up with before.
>>
>>51592702
I've DMed for 2. I guess your DM never used Cone of Cold on you.
>>
Okay, so got two questions, Glaive or Spear? I'm thinking Glaive so I can use PAM, though I'm not sure why Spear doesn't work with PAM.

Also, I can't decide between going Fighter/Caster or Paladin/Caster, which would you suggest?
>>
>>51592693
A diviner with lucky is better at negating good rolls of the enemy and making his own rolls better, way better than other classes
>>
>>51592760
What feature of the Diviner is changing the way Lucky works?

They don't actually use it better than any other class. It's a dumb meme.
>>
>>51592744
Glaive is useful, spear is not. Go glaive.
>>
File: Bitch no.gif (493KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
Bitch no.gif
493KB, 320x240px
>>51592776
>I am literally too stubborn and/or stupid to acknowledge what synergy is, so you're wrong. I win!

He's just baiting at this point, stop answering him.
>>
>>51592776
Diviner gets an extra die thats all.
every LR he can roll a die and he can swap it out with any roll that an ally or enemy makes basicly turning a crit to plain shit or a failed savings throw into a success.

if you have enough front liners it can work well I guess.

would still go fighter 5 warlock 1 and spam elderich blast with spell sniper. the way fighter was meant to be played.
>>
>>51592744
>Also, I can't decide between going Fighter/Caster or Paladin/Caster, which would you suggest?

How far are you going into fighter or paladin? If you're just dipping in for a level or 2, paladin 2 has good caster synergy because of Divine Smite. If you don't want to fly through slots on Divine Smite, Action Surge for 2 spells in a round is really powerful
>>
>>51592744
Spear doesn't work with PAM because it's intended to be a short one-hander. Also because it would probably beg the question why swords, axes and blunt weapons don't have an equivalent to PAM or GWM even more.
>>
>>51592806
>Not dipping far enough into Warlock for Agonizing and Repelling Blast.
>>
>>51592530
>mostly replicates the benefits of being a Warforged
>can smuggle shit inside yourself
>penalty to hit dice as an effort to "balance" the many benefits
>Gain a ritual which is basically Mending for yourself
>subclasses basically just determine whether you're lightly, moderately, or heavily armored, and grant ability score bonuses.

Wait a minute...
>CAN BE BOUND TO ANY ARMOR
>PROFICIENT IN THE ARMOR YOU'RE BOUND TO
Guys, I found the cheese! Who wants to be a wizard with 19 AC at level 1?
>>
>>51591397
Lazy writing is what i expect.

There hasn't been a good UA since Cleric, Barbarian and Re-Revised Ranger.

(The Monk UA sucked balls and was a mess, the Bard and Paladin UA were hillariously edgy)
>>
>>51592821
>not picking agonizing blast and elderich spear instead
>not hitting people from over half a mile away.
>>
>>51592798
"Wizard never gets hit" doesn't match my experience as a player or a DM. Dragons, demons, devils, etc. aren't dumb and will go after wizards once they realize there's a wizard about and he's heavily influencing the encounter.

>>51592806
Are you suggesting using Lucky AND Portent on the same roll? That's quite a waste that invalidates the use of Lucky.

It's a fine feat. It's not the best feat in the game, and Diviners don't do anything with it that any other archetype or class could do with it.
>>
>>51592811
I was thinking of trying to go as far as second attack in either martial class and then the rest would be the caster. As for the caster I was thinking of Sorcerer, maybe Shadow?
>>
>>51592877
why would I suggest that?
you have to be pretty stupid to belive other people could be that dumb.
>>
You DO ban feats at your table... right, anons?
>>
>>51592912
I've DMed for random people at a card store. They can be really dumb.

The wizard who made it to level 20 and the current wizard I have at 16 is pretty smart. He still can't completely avoid getting hit though.
>>
>>51592919
Everyone get a load of this faggot.
>>
>>51592919
>You do remove some of the last tiny remaining bits of player choice in the game... right, anons?

No, I want the game to be fun
>>
File: 1460820751632.jpg (34KB, 461x439px) Image search: [Google]
1460820751632.jpg
34KB, 461x439px
>>51592919
>>
>>51592905
Go paladin to 6, because you want extra attack and 1 more level gets your Charisma to saving throws. You'll want Charisma as a sorcerer anyway, so it meshes well.
>>
>>51592861
>the Bard and Paladin UA were hillariously edgy

To be fair, it was the "people keep asking for edgy Paladin oaths" UA.
>>
>>51592919
Why would you? I'm honestly curious as to why you would ban something that lets character stand out aside from just their classes?
>>
>>51592877
>Diviners don't do anything with it that any other archetype or class could do with it.

What they can do with it that other classes can't is use it to preserve their Portents. Where a Fighter might be attacked, then use Lucky to save themselves, a Diviner might be tempted to save themselves from the outset with Portent, thus using up 1/2 or 1/3 of their Portent that could be useful elsewhere. Instead, they use Lucky and hold onto Portent for more potent effects.
>>
>>51592919

>Roll a monk
>I'm totally gonna create lambert from the witcher,except he punches shit
>See feats
>Tavern brawler
>Grappler
>I. AM. LUCHA.

Fuck feat banners.
>>
>>51592919
I usually like letting players play what they like including feats, though I have considered scaling the game mechanics back for a playstyle that's a little more in line with B/X D&D. So no feats or multiclassing, replace skill and tool proficiencies with the background proficiency option in the DMG, add in morale rules and side-based initiative, and maybe replacing experience gained from monsters with GP to XP instead.
I know people here will hate the idea and screech at me that I'm playing the game wrong though.
>>
>>51592919
I switch it up slightly.

Everyone gains 1 feat every 6 levels and variant humans are banned.
Everyone also gains 1 ASI every 4 levels (5 total) and can not exchange them for feats.

Everyone is pleased with this arrangement.
>>
>>51593053
you are gimping fighters
>>
>>51592919
I personally prefer characters without them, but no.
>>
>>51591739
minifigs are great but require a map and therefore a non-lazy DM. AL is cool, try to get a DM thats not afraid to go away from what the book says a little bit and youll have a great time. biggest peice of advice i can give is find a non-autistic playgroup that can consistently find times to get together
>>
People doesn't even realize the best (or worst, depending on your view) aspect of Lucky feat.

It turn disadvantage into super advantage, since you can choose any of the 3 dices.
>>
>>51593078
Fighters only depend on 2 stats one of them being Con.
Not to mention the high Hp die and the highest consistent single target damage in the game.

So no the only ones i'm gimping are munchkins multiclassing in everything.
>>
Can I get some comments on this magic chair? A lich spent a millenia or so with his ass parked on it, charging it with residual magic.

Throne of the Lich

Can cast Fly on itself as a bonus action. It has a Fly speed of 30 feet, and any person attuned can move it with mental commands. It will also obey simple commands (like "come") from the attuned individual if within 60 feet

It can be folded up for easier carrying as a bonus action. When folded, it can be used as a weapon and does 1d8 blunt damage. If the wielder uses their bonus action to channel the energies inside the chair, any damage done by it becomes magic damage for that round. If attuned, it can be used as a Monk weapon
>>
>>51593000
>grappler feat
kek
>>
>>51592397
>>51592427

pls respond
>>
>>51593128
Because Fighter's get their ASIs earlier than others
>>
>>51593121

My powergaming Barbarian is thinking of taking Lucky. And while I don't want to hinder fun, it seems super fucking OP and she's already the stronkest member of the group by far.

How do people houserule that shit? Fewer luck points? Make it so only one point regenerates per long rest? Ban it entirely?
>>
>>51593176
three point per session.
>>
>>51593053
>remove 2 (two) ASIs from fighter
>remove 1 ASI from rogue
No.
>>
>>51593128
Three pillars, bro. Fighters aren't getting 7 ASIs just so they can pump up their Con or so they can pick up extra feats. They have the fewest inherent abilities that are useful outside of combat, so those ASIs help them do stuff like also be good at speech-making to troops (Charisma), providing an extra pair of eyes for traps or increased odds of catching someone in a lie (Wisdom), and so forth.
>>
>>51593053
>>51593128
You made multiclassing better if they're getting ASIs and feats independent of class levels.
>>
There really should be a Fey "Tiefling".
>>
>>51592397

Personally I use an "extra action" token. The whole party is entitled to an "extra action" token per session, and they decide when that token should be used.

I'm actually surprised they don't use it that often, and only try to use it when they are trying to perform cool stuff.
>>
>>51593339
There is, they're called "elves".
>>
Guess it's sorcerer today and not mystic....
>>
>>51593431
Negatory. Back when all the gods and goddesses got together to jack and jill off onto the material plane thus seeding it with life from their expelled sexual fluids, elves emerged from the semen splatters of Corellon.
>>
>>51593431
Nah, you know what I mean. Something like a Dryad-light or something. Like a forest genasi or some shit.
>>
>>51592397

So to visualize, in the 6-second span of his turn, he dropped a bunch of ball bearings, said "Hey fuckboys, come at me", then turned around and jumped over his ball bearings while dropping a match?

That's not really implausible, and since you get one free interaction with the environment per turn, it's within the rules. I would have made him make some sort of skill check though. Either Sleight of Hand for the sneaky item work, or a Persuade check for goading the goblins. On a fail, some of them don't bite on the ruse.
>>
>>51593468
Ok, so other than just stating "There really should be Fey Tieflings", actually expand on that thought. Rather than throwing out bait-looking posts and jumping down throat of the first anon that replies.

I took it that you meant crunch-wise you'd like to see something like that. Not lore/fluff wise. Why not have an elven warlock that has a Fey Patron from their family lineage?
>>
>>51593538
>>51592397

As an addendum, Goblins who tripped on the ball bearings should also be knocked prone. That's a great way to slow them down for a round.
>>
>>51593546
>Rather than throwing out bait-looking posts and jumping down throat of the first anon that replies.
Hey, I'm a completely different guy. I just felt obliged to point out what elves actually are.
>>
>>51593546
>"There really should be Fey Tieflings"

Aren't those just elves? Like, Eladrin and shit
>>
>>51593525

Aren't those like..

Wood elves? Firbolgs maybe even?

Or the Rakshasa Enchanter Tiefling variant?
>>
>>51593339
I feel like the real question we are asking is what do you get when a human and a fey creature go at it.
>>
>>51593651

Visually speaking, a satyr is literally just a red tiefling instead of green
>>
>>51593567
I realize that, and I apologize. However, you can probably see how getting a reply that only points how wrong I am, and doesn't expand on whatever point the orginal poster was trying to make, could force me into a defensive position in the conversation.

I won't say I was any better originally, but post a short sentence idea, get a short sentence response is kind of the tradition of 4chan.
>>
>>51593666

A Half-Elf
>>
>>51593666

Maybe a Changeling.
>>
Red Mage is a lore bard right? What magical secret should I steal to make a Red Mage?

Fireball (although fire immunity is super common)? Lightning bolt?
>>
>>51593702
Red mage has always just been bard, forever, since FF1 was literally "AD&D as a Japanese CRPG"
>>
>>51593702

If what you want is to boost your overall lack of damage, sure

If what you want however is to be a really kickass support caster, consider Counterspell and Haste
>>
>>51593702
I'm a fan of Destructive Wave, but that's a level 10 candidate and I assume you want level 6. Destructive Wave's selective targeting and unusual damage types are great.

Conjure Animals strikes a pretty good balance between damage, party synergy (make stuff that trips or grapples), and defense.
>>
>>51593677
I don't have any ideas for a "fey tiefling", unfortunately. I just wanted to get a few laughs out of other people by implying that divine splooge was the origin of all life.
>>
>>51593431
>>51593339
A Half-Elf (Wood Elf Descent) would be more appropriate.
>>
>>51593769
> make stuff that trips or grapples
> implying you can choose what animals appear and not your DM

No sane DM would choose 8 wolves and kick himself in the ball.
>>
File: paladin spells.pdf (1B, 486x500px)
paladin spells.pdf
1B, 486x500px
Hey, anyone know where this pdf is from, or similar? I like that it has the spell description written up and I haven't been able find any similar.
Please forgive me if it's in the OP somewhere, I couldn't find it myself!
>>
>>51593769
>Conjure Animals

Or if you want to be a faggot about it, you can do what I did, which was cast Conjure Animals at sufficiently high level to conjure a Swarm of Carnium Rats

Only worked once, but holy shit, did I make the most of it
>>
>>51593786
But I'm a forever DM and suggested that.
>>
>>51592919
>Banning fighters
Well, okay, if you really insist.
>>
>>51593773
Tieflings are human/infernal descendants
Half-Orcs are, well, half Orcs
Half-Elves are human/fey hybrids
Eladrin are part celestial

What hybrids are we missing?
>>
>>51593769
>Conjure Animals strikes a pretty good balance between damage, party synergy (make stuff that trips or grapples), and defense.
Or just conjure 8 flying snakes, each does 3d4+1 poison damage (fuck you werewolves), plus FUCKING 6 to hit and doesn't provoke AoO with flyby.
Thats around free 30-50ish damage per round on level 5 as long as you maintain concentration.
>>
>>51593339
I played a half-fey once. Just used the half-elf stat block, and made her an Archfey Warlock.
>>
>>51593538
I had him roll intimidate on the goblins, he managed to bait 7 of the goblins, with the "leader" ignoring him and going for the monk.

>>51593566
That's what I did, unfortunately only two of the goblins fell, they took 1d4 damage from the fire, and then another 1d4 on their next turn as they got up. One of them died, had really low HP to begin with.
>>
>>51593820
>Eladrin are part celestial
Fey, part celestial is Aasimar.
>>
>>51593786
Maybe the party is fighting 12 wolves
>>
>>51593800
> cheat at D&D
why? you are in /5eg/, you already knew that PC only choose CR and DM choose the animals.
>>
>>51593826
again >>51593845
>>
>>51591382
Mearls! Give me UA! REEEEEEEEEE!
>>
>>51593881
well... It's probably this one...

http://dnd.wizards.com/articles/unearthed-arcana/sorcerer
>>
>>51593826
As a DM I wouldn't mind that because those things have 5 HP. I don't make EVERY encounter with area attacks, but I'm not shy about Burning Hands, Shatter, etc. as add-on abilities to make certain creatures more magical.
>>
File: WHAT THE FUCK AM I CASTING.png (976KB, 578x615px) Image search: [Google]
WHAT THE FUCK AM I CASTING.png
976KB, 578x615px
>>51593820
Part slaad, which is hardly going to happen.
Part aberration. Kalashtar are close enough and already exist, could've made their way into Eberron UA potentially, but that'd be too much content for a single UA probably, and warforged are a much more iconic eberron race. Will probably be released sometime in the future, maybe alongside Artificer in some sort of full-fledged Eberron splatbook.
Part modron/some other axiomatic race. Even more unlikely than half-slaad.
I think that's it.
>>51593864
The cranium rat trick doesn't work RAW or RAI.
8 flying snakes are 100% legal, they're 1/8 cr beasts from MM and the spell mentions specifically that you can summon 8 cr1/4 OR lower creatures.
>>
>>51593820
undead, constructs and aberrations
>>
>>51593911
>>51593881
Just wait an hour or so.
>>
>>51593845
>and DM choose the animals.
It says "DM has the creatures statblock" not "DM picks the animals for you".
>>
>>51593964
http://media.wizards.com/2015/downloads/dnd/SA_Compendium_1.02.pdf
"The design intent for options like these is that the spell - caster chooses one of them, and then the DM decides what creatures appear that fit the chosen option. "

RAW is unclear, but since it doesn't say the player chooses naturally it would be the DM's realm and thus DM would choose.
RAI is defintiely DM chooses.
>>
>>51593845

*I* know that. But there's a story behind it. I told the DM about it when the Druid was being a douchenozzel about it with pixies and shit, and he didn't do shit about it because he has some sort of need for aproval complex from grognards, so then I went and spoke the only language the DM understands when it comes to cunty houserules, which is breaking the game with them
>>
>>51593999
Well there's also the ruling that swarms aren't beasts, and aren't legal summons. Did the DM say you could use the swarm statblock because you summoned an appropriate number of the beasts? If so, he deserved what you did to him.
>>
>>51593939
The spell only let you choose CR and number of the beast anons. What appear from that CR will be depend on the DM. This has been answer in sageadvice a long time ago. It what stop people from summoning 8 pixie and then spam polymorph + sleep on everything.

http://dnd.wizards.com/articles/features/sageadvice_july2015
>>
How powerful is the Fochlucan Bandore? I want to give my bard a magic item that the rest of the party won't just fucking ninja. Level 4 alright?
>>
>>51593788
http://hardcodex.ru/

Like this, anon?
>>
>>51593947
>Half-Undead
We have living, and dead. So would that make them borderline?
>>
>>51594046

Fochulcan Bandore isn't too powerful, and you're a wonderful person for giving your bard one.

Level 4 is entirely fine, and he'll love you for the rest of his life.
>>
UA drops in like half an hour or something, right?

Don't disappoint us WotC.
>>
>>51594046
It's a good item, but far from game-breaking. The bard will probably have a lot of fun with it if he likes charms. The extra spells are really good to have early on.
>>
>>51594046
Useful but not too powerful. I think you should act like an adult and talk to your party about loot distribution though.
>>
>>51594068
kinda like shadow "crawling in my skin" sorcerer, no?
>>
>>51592530
I like the idea, but as others have pointed out it has obvious flaws. I'd allow some players to use it, ones I trust not to try and break the game with it, but not many.

It would be fun as a DMPC if you're into that sort of thing, like an alternative intelligent item
>>
>>51594062
That's pretty good! Thanks, Anon!
>>
>>51594090
It could appear in 5 minutes or it could take another 2 and a half hours.

>>51594090
I have a feeling with such a long wait, there will be more than just sorcerer. There will be something disappointing in there.
>>
>>51594068

Probably a Damphir

I'm playing with a former NPC, which was a ghost sidekick which my Paladin eventually found a way to ressurect.

DM gave him that undying warlock's ability to repeal undead attacks

Fallen Aasimar is pretty undead-y
>>
>>51592378
To be fair my luck is goddamn horrible
>Session
>Get into two fights
>Roll two 2s for initiative
>Fight a dragon
>Finally get up close
>Roll a 2 and a 3 to hit
>Finally get up close again
>Roll a 2 and a 3 to hit again
>Could have probably two shotted the dragon with smite
>>
File: FB_IMG_1457789627159.jpg (60KB, 650x909px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1457789627159.jpg
60KB, 650x909px
What's a good rate for doling out Magic Items? Homebrew is nearly ready to launch but I'm considering how much loot to give out. It's along a mix of High Fantasy and Wuxia, I'd say.
>>
>>51594125
You should play a mystic
>>
>>51594125
>Finally get up close
>Finally get up close again
Was this some sort of faggot dragon who kept running away every time someone got into melee range with it?
>>
>>51594125

See, if you were a Diviner Lucky Halfling, you could have given those 2 to other people
>>
>>51594152
What's the dragon doing on the ground? Nigga should be strafing over with breath weapons until someone forces him to land.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (116KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
116KB, 1920x1080px
>>51593149
>Attacking with a folded chair
>Mfw
>>
File: 1465353262641.png (356KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1465353262641.png
356KB, 640x480px
>>51594101
>>51592861
Why the fuck Warlock gets a pass on being, apparently, edgy, while the subclasses dont? Seems kind of hypocritical to me. Just because the default flavour of the class doesn't quite match the thematic implications of the subclass doesn't make it inherently "OW THE EDGE BAN THAT SHIT BAN THAT SHIT RIGHT NOW".
Edge has become such a dumb fucking buzzword that gets thrown around for no reason, with no meaning.
>>
>>51594100

They're not malicious, just extremely new. They're going to find out the hard way when they try to use the Pipes of the Sewer they found last session and discover you need to make Charisma checks to control the swarm. Haha Monk, you may have proficiency in wind instruments for some damn reason but it turns out you're not better at playing it than the fucking bard!

Also, attunement slots and how they're limited.
>>
Sorcerer UA delayed until next week
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Bt-FkESIYAECigK.jpg
>>
>>51594138

everyone should have one or two uncommons by level 5, two or three uncommons, one or two rares by ten, and by then you'll have the hang of it
>>
>>51594161
>not fighting the dragon in its own lair where it cannot fly away
>>
>>51594170
Warlock having non-edgy archetypes is kind of a breath of fresh air given the expectations it elicits
>>
>>51594164

Yeah, that's the idea. I've got a wrasslin' themed Monk at my table.
>>
>>51594170

I don't see how Glamour Bard was edgy
>>
>>51594181
>thinking the dragon's lair isn't multi-tiered with tons of alcoves and paths far above ground level
>>
UA Sorc available.
>>
Anyone grab the pdf for Sorcerer before the page died?
>>
>>51592530
This is stupid OP.

> Immunities should be limited to Poisoned, Sleep, Disease, and Poison damage. The extra conditions are just too strong.

> 1/2 healing from hit dice is enough to balance out the condition immunities if you limit them to what I wrote above, but as is it's just a weak attempt to balance.

> Artificial Anatomy needs to be removed. Just fluff that you rebuild yourself with enough materials over 8 hours, since you don't need to sleep anyways.

> Vigilant is stupid OP again, remove that.

> Antimagic Susceptibility should make you roll the save at disadvantage unless you took precautions against anti-magic effects.

> Unoccupied is complicated and not very interesting, to be honest. It should also be removed.

> The ability bonuses from each subrace are fine, but there needs to be more differentiation between them.

All in all, 4/10. It's stupidly overpowered because you get around the armour proficiency "restrictions" of many classes (high-AC wizard/warlock, etc.) and making it so that you can effectively make an ally immune to damage or whatever is just fucking dumb.

There is potential though, since the UA Warforged is hot garbaget.
>>
>>51594138

The question is really "how powerful and influential do you want your party to be?" If they're going to be a Big Fucking Deal, be very free with loot and give them lots of options to spend it on.

I'm setting my party up to be legendary heroes, so they're going to be bathing in riches before too long.
>>
>>51594232
>>51594230

Should have waited a few seconds longer, I suppose.
>>
>>51594198

You could play it as Tim Curry's Transvestite Dr Frankenfurter, I guess
>>
>>51594230
Thanks anon
>>
>>51594170
>be wandering around the forest, meet some fey, unknowingly get into a pact
>reading a book, see some weird shit, get into a pact
>wanna get real good at something, make a deal for a head start
wow, truly edgy stuff right there m8
>>
>>51594190
Fey and Seeker are great, Undying Light is pure trash that has nothing to do with warlocks. But that's not the point.
There is nothing inherently edgy about fiendlock either.
Torture is edgy.
Betrayal for the sake of Evil is edgy.
Picking one of the base classes with their own distinct theme is not.
>>51594230
>no fiendlock
Didn't expect that.
>>
>>51594274
fuck i mean fiend bloodline sorc
>>
Players beat the redbrands
One player goes to buy potions of healing, I'd give a discount since he saved the town but he opens with...
>I've got ten GP for a healing potion
>sorry that's too cheap, I won't be able to run a business in this settlement at those prices
>proceeds to haggle and fight with him
>player gets butt hurt - he was given a pearl of power (he is a warlock) for driving the redbrands out
>whines to the town master (who is a coward) about provisions and payment (they were given a 15,000 plot of land that the redbrands were using, in exchange for protecting the town)
>townmaster says there is nothing I can do about the traders prices
>player goes on a spiel about having influence and changing things
>make him roll intimidate
>town master now thinks the group is trying to control the town

He is a new player and is not a good speaker. He phrases things oddly and reiterates the things he says differently, artificially inflating the time. He also tries to take the spot light at every opportunity, which is getting worse.

What's more is he gets upset that he is getting focused by archers and nearby creatures when he throws fireballs or other amazing magic. (he has a ring of protection and staff of defense, as well as war caster and a shield with medium armor) he is a tank.

I don't know how to address any of this. How do I bring this up I private?
>>
>>51592744

Definitely Paladin/Sorceror:Draconic

Use spell slots from Sorc to power your smiting, use spell points for more smiting, smite all the time, smite everything.
>>
>>51594296
As much as I don't want to ruin a new player's first campaign, I also want to tell you to fuck him up the ass with no lube because
>bitches to the townmaster because of the merchant's price
But first things first, I'd recommend you focus on giving the rest of the party good opportunities to convince the townmaster that, no, they don't have any interest controlling this town.
>>
File: GulDan-Cinematic-Face.jpg (70KB, 788x618px) Image search: [Google]
GulDan-Cinematic-Face.jpg
70KB, 788x618px
>Halfling
>Lucky
>Divination Wizard X/Favoured Soul 1 for Blessed Countenance
>going FavSoul gives you Guidance on top of that
CLAIM
YOUR
DESTINY
>>
>>51594230
Holy shit. 13+ con as armor for stone sorcs. plus martial weapons, shields, and 1 extra hp per lvl.
>>
>>51594230

hey thanks

Someone rate the Earth Sorcery for me. I'm considering doing a Kobold Sorcerer and since he's a former miner, I'm torn between draconic and that
>>
File: 1456234350538.jpg (132KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1456234350538.jpg
132KB, 600x600px
>>51594230
> Another caster gets a gish subclass
>>
>>51594366
>Blessed Countenance
*Favored by the Gods
>>
>>51594369
And pseudo heavy armor mastery
>>
>>51594376
You say it like there's no favored soul
>>
>>51594397
No table on Earth ever allowed old!favored soul.
>>
> Stone sorcerer
> Use Stone Aegis on himself
> Got hit by an enemy
> literally teleport behind you and unsheathe his katana
>>
>>51594296

The important thing is to make him realize that it is his own actions which are leading to consequences, not a result of DM fiat. I'd simply point out that his in-character actions are painting a massive target on his back. Let him know that you're tracking Renown (even if you aren't), which his actions contribute to. That gives a veneer of impartiality to his eventual turbofucking at your hands.
>>
>>51594296
>he has a ring of protection and staff of defense
Just a heads-up, the only benefit warlocks get from Staff of Defense is +1 to AC. They can't cast shield or mage armor with it.
>>
>>51594461
why not?
>>
>Level 18 phoenix sorcerer
>Deal 25 damage by touching someone
>Hold hands with the enemy
>>
Half-Elf favored soul can get expertise in all charisma skill? This is hilarious.
>>
Can you only do attacks of opportunity on characters who move willingly through your square or is there a feat to just do it whenever they go through your space willingly or not?
>>
>>51594475

Spells can only be cast if they are on your spell list.
>>
>>51594475
>"With the staff in hand, you can use your action to cast one of the following spells from the staff if the spell is on your class's spell list"
Neither shield nor mage armor are on the warlock's list.
>>
So I'm trying to force feed a Potion of Diminution to an Ancient Dragon in combat (don't ask why) but I'm afraid it'd just swallow the whole bottle but not the liquid inside. Anyone got a good idea how to do this?
>>
>>51594475
Not on Warlock's spell list
>>
>>51594503
Only willingly, or, I should say, by their own power, since it still counts if they are charmed or mind controlled, but not pushed or telekinetically moved. They have to move on their own power, but technically it doesn't need to be "willingly" per se.

Feats can allow you to get an attack when they enter your range in addition to leaving it, but not to get one while they are being moved forcefully through it.

>>51594529
Says who? There are shitloads of items that give you spells.
>>
>>51594503
They don't need to move willingly, what attacks of opportunity specifies is they must use their action, bonus action or reaction to move. Which means forced movement like Thunderwave doesn't trigger it, but the one from Dissonant Whispers (or Fear) does.
>>
>>51594538
Eating the bottle is still drinking the liquid inside.
>>
Does mantle of flame +cha mod stack with the same thing from Lightlock?
>>
>>51594554
The two items from LMoP, Glasstaff and Staff of Spider only let you cast their spells if you have them on your spell list. Explained in their description.
>>
>>51594562
UA wasn't made for multiclass. So probably not.
>>
>>51594397
New Favored Soul doesn't get armor proficiencies like the old one did, or bonus spells learned, so it still ends up being a class severely limited in spell selection, arguably even more-so now that you have two spell lists to choose from. The rest of the archetype is fine, and just keeps buffing the Divination Wizard even more, with the go-to Div. Wizard build now probably Halfling Favored Soul 1/Div. Wizard X, so that you can reroll all the things.

Phoenix Origin is kind of interesting, though it takes a while before it gets really powerful. The level 1 stuff is nice flavor, and level 6 pop-up once you get dropped in also nice. Level 14 feature is really strong, but it should be that high up, and Form of the Phoenix giving resistance to ALL damage is insane. To my knowledge, this is the first thing that resists Force damage in 5e.

Sea Origin's nice flavor, if a bit underwhelming power-wise. The curse options are nice, but it's odd that you have to hit with a cantrip first and then can trigger the curse, and if it's not a cantrip that triggers the curse, it ends the effect of the curse.

Stone Origin is weird. So this class is meant to be a gish, but Stone's Durability has no duration limit so long as you don't wear armor? I guess this is meant to be a, "ok, turn this on when I wake up" sort of thing. Stone Aegis is ok, if a bit lengthy in effect. Stone's Edge is a nice bonus of damage, and the level 18 feature just lets you play the support/off-tank role better.
>>
>>51594230
>Sea-Sorlock
>Repelling Blast + Curse of the Sea (Forced Movement)
>Conspicuously lacks the same wording against stacked effects that Cold Damage has
Perfect, a way to be even more obnoxious!
>>
>>51594554
>Says who?
Says the description for Staff of Defense. I also thought it was kinda dumb, but I understand they don't want to give the shield spell willy-nilly to more tanky classes.
>>
>>51593128
>Fighters only depend on 2 stats one of them being Con.
>So no the only ones i'm gimping are munchkins multiclassing in everything.

You are so wrong here. The fighter needs every little thing he can get when it comes to out of combat utility. On top of that, if you're guaranteeing linear stat/feat progression that isn't affected by individual class levels, that makes multi-classing much stronger. You don't have to worry about hitting the ASI levels if you dip into multiple classes, which is decidedly advantageous to minmaxers.

A straight fighter created with your rules would be much weaker than a straight fighter created with the vanilla rules, which is something that is both bad in design and probably not intended.

>>51593260
It's hilarious that you've essentially invalidated the reason he probably implemented that rule in the first place.
>>
>>51594554

>The staff has 10 charges, which are used to fuel the spells within it. With the staff in hand, you can use your action to cast one of the following spells from the staff if the spell is on your class's spell list: mage armor (1 charge) or shield (2 charges). No components are required.

The lost Mines book directly states this.
>>
>>51594499
Let's be honest; if you don't play Half-Elf for Sorcerer (no matter what your Origin is) you're almost always doing it wrong (from a minmax point of view).
>>
>>51594419
Nothing personal kid...
>>
So, best option for a Lightning Paladin multiclass is either storm born or sea sorcerery huh? In your mind which is the better of the two?
>>
>>51594296
Tell him that his character would know potions start from 50 a piece. It can be bartered and his renown/previous help will affect the price but not to the point of 1/5.

A merchant wouldn't be able to do business or live like that. They still have to make a profit.
>>
>>51594578
Ah, so it's specific to them then, I see.
>>
>>51594419
Stone Aegis is only for allied creatures, can't use it on self.
>>
>>51594592
>With action surge, warcaster getting a reaction attack and bonus action eldritch blast, you can move an enemy 8*(25ft)+8*(10ft), in theory.
>>
I think all I want out of the Sorcerer Origins is them getting a bonus spell learned at 1st, 3rd, 5th, 7th, and 9th level, related in some fashion to the Origin itself.

If this means making new spells (especially Sorcerer-only ones) that's fine with me.
>>
>>51594587
The bear totem gives you resistance to all damage but psychic.
>>
>>51593149

Scratch flying, and change it to levitate 30 feet speed. The thing isn't flapping wings, and the effect you are imagining isn't flying, you want levitate. Otherwise the shit just falls to the ground at the end of round, unless the thing is a semi-intelligent construct with flying, then don't change it, but this distinction does matter.

Reduce damage die to club damage.
>>
>>51594681
Forgot about Bear totem, mainly because I never see a Barbarian played. But still, if these are the only two things in 5e that give resistance to Force damage, it fits with the theme/flavor behind Force damage (meant to be raw power, usually magical in nature).
>>
What's are some good motivations for a necromancer? I'm wanting to play a spooky hermit that began studying the veil between life and death learning how to call spirits back for use.
>>
>>51594230
So we have the Swordmage of 4e in the form of Stone Sorcerer. The additional spells are shit though, but I like the Aegis.
>>
Earth gish sorcerer is the strongest.

>+1 hp/level and 15+CONMOD AC or 13+CONMOD AC if you want to use a heavier weapon
>unlimited bonus action aegis to reduce damage to an ally, make even-better-than-sentinel attacks from any distance by doing some 4e bullshit teleport attacks with extra force damage
>Deal extra half your sorcerer level damage to all damage spells
>Get three aegises instead because fuck that
>Also some extra spells I guess if anyone cares
>>
Maybe it's just me, but these new UAs as of late give me an inkling that we're going to see a Eberron Adventure's Guide this year, with the new classes inside it (Mystic and Artificer) and a lot of these new archetypes being in the book for player options.
>>
>>51594712

Levitate only allows hovering, if you want to move you have to push off against a surface. This is more of a floating wheelchair. This is also intended as a weapon upgrade, so making it Versatile and 1d6 (1d8) seems appropriate since he was using a Quarterstaff before.
>>
>>51594190

>Undying Light Warlock
and paladin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ksdpSBLTXHA
>>
>>51592696
If they wish to pursue the ritual, warn the player that at completion they lose control of their character and in madness become an NPC under your control.
>>
Scourge or Protector Pally?
>>
>>51594757
Probably someone close to them died unexpectantly, the sage instead of going the clerical way went the Wizard way, and learned animate dead.

Now after realizing his mistake will push to learn more powerful spells to try and bring back this special someone.
>>
>>51594606
Eh, I think Aasimar would be a decent trade. But, yeah, for a total utility warlock, Half-Elf is the way to go.
>>
>>51594230
How is this favored sorcerer compared to the other versions? The hp and blanket cleric spell access is nice, but I miss the extra attack for pally 2/sorc x multiclassing. The rest of it is sorta meh.
>>
>>51594880
Not every table will allow Aasimar, but I've yet to find a table that doesn't allow Half-Elf if the main 4 (Human, Elf, Dwarf, Halfling) are allowed (barring specific setting restrictions, like there are no Elves in this game world).
>>
>>51594757
They are a gigantic faggot, who want to corrupt nature and souls for their selfish needs. Don't forget to whine about how you're "misunderstood" by bigoted, regressive church.
>>
>>51594230
Quick someone compare Stone to this!
>>
>>51594230
Would the blessed soul 6th level feature stack with expertise?
>>
Cool new UA. Love the Phoenix for thematic shit and doing cool stuff.

Favored Soul seems pretty cool with a wiiiide range of spells.

Sea sounds cool with the curse.

Stone seems great with the Aegis.
>>
>>51594743
Oath of Ancients Paladin have resistance from spells
Armor/Potion of Invulnerability gives you resistance to nonmagical damage.
Combine the two and the only that can hurt you is magic weapons
>>
>>51594366

Would you sacrifice Greater Portent if you could squeeze in 6 levels of paladin in that?
>>
>>51594587
>odd that you have to hit with a cantrip first and then can trigger the curse
Quickened spell. Regular action cantrip+curse then quickened spell to trigger.
>>
>>51594369

>13+con
>Platemail+shield

Well, melee isn't going to concern him much, but he suddenly becomes the beacon for every enemy spellcaster to nuke.
>>
>>51594805
Get more AC by going Warforged
>>
>>51592475
Why did you assume everyone would be orcs?
>>
>>51594954
wtf is going on with the bow in the cover art?
>>
Stone sorcerer is so fucking cool, I was expecting a shit UA (mostly because sorcs are shit in general)

I loved the fact that no subclass feature costs sorcery points
>>
>>51594230
>>51594376
We now have multiple sorcerous origins that provide extra HP, extra AC, or both, plus multiple sorcerous origins that give revenge-type class abilities.

I really, honestly think sorcerers are becoming the go-to gish class.
>>
File: Settei-Ikki-FenixV3.jpg (70KB, 600x448px) Image search: [Google]
Settei-Ikki-FenixV3.jpg
70KB, 600x448px
>>51594230
So, we can finally make pic?
>>
>>51595035

Woops, no armor, scratch that. But still, this is like not having to bother with doing the Sorc:Draconic + Barb multiclassing to get at that ridiculous high AC.
>>
What the fuck is a "gish"? The lingo you guys use is always lost on me...
>>
>>51595141
AC calculations don't stack so Draconic + barb never worked anyways
>>
>>51595165
Gish is the Githyanki word for 'skilled,' which was how they described their warrior/mage hybrid warriors when Githyanki were introduced in... I want to say Spelljammer, but I could be wrong.
>>
>>51595172

You're wrong, because "Unarmored Defense" from Barbarian doesn't stack with any other "Unarmored Defense", the only other one, being from Monk.

"Draconic Resilience" doesn't conflict with the Barbarian's "Unarmored Defense" feature.
>>
>>51595165
A "gish" is shorthand for "someone who can attack like a fighter and cast spells like a wizard but isn't a cleric"
>>
>>51595141
>Sorc:Draconic + Barb multiclassing to get at that ridiculous high AC

What do you mean by this?
>>
Best races for stone sorc? Other than half elf
>>
>>51595165
A gish is a retarded fantasy.
> I want to be a swordmaster, killing everyone in melee combat!
> And I ALSO want to throw around fireballs and time stops!
>>
>>51595080
Flimsy magic bow string!
>>
>>51595229

Take the Barbarians AC.

Now add Mage Armor, which is basically "Draconic Resilience" gives you 24/7.
>>
>>51595231
Scourge Aasimar
Dragonborn
>>
>>51594872
To be fair Clerics can learn animate dead too, though I suspect there aren't many non-evil gods out there that will be okay with you using undead.
>>
Can someone please post a decent pic of Neronvain from Tiamat book? I couldn't find anything on the internet that isn't blurry.

I could also use a full body image of Roth Modar.
>>
>>51595165
Fighter/Mage hybrid, basically.

>>51595246
There's usually the assumption that you won't be quite as good as either as a specialist. Also, using "martial magic" of some sort is desirable (if not always a proper option).
>>
>>51595217
>"Draconic Resilience" doesn't conflict with the Barbarian's "Unarmored Defense" feature.

Yes it does.

From Unarmored Defense, page 48 of the PHB: "While you are not wearing any armor, your Armor Class equals 10 + your Dexterity modifier + your Constitution modifier. You can use a shield and still gain this benefit."

From Draconic Resilience, page 102 of the PHB: "When you aren't wearing armor, your AC equals 13 + your Dexterity modifier."

It has been specified multiple times that different AC calculation methods do not stack. In this case, Draconic Resilience and Unarmored Defense don't stack as they are different equations. Otherwise, you could make the argument that you have 23 + Dex + Dex + Con.
>>
>>51592840
>Guys, I found the cheese! Who wants to be a wizard with 19 AC at level 1?
Or a fighter with an AC of 22 at level 1.
>>
>>51595307

Seems obvious to me you replace the base 10 with 13.
>>
>>51594661
>especially Sorcerer-only ones
Yes. I was baffled when I realized Sorcerer is literally the ONLY class that has no exclusive spells.
>>
File: IdontknowhatIexpected.jpg (53KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
IdontknowhatIexpected.jpg
53KB, 500x281px
>Piling more goofy subclasses on to a class whose fundamental problem is that it's just wizard-lite

welp
>>
>>51595343
But not obvious enough that you don't apply both equations at the same time? You still have to choose between Unarmored Defense and Draconic Resilience.
>>
>>51595343
That's where your wrong. One says, "Your AC is 13 + Dex." The other says, "Your AC is 10 + Dex + Con." Sage advice says when you have 2 AC calculations, you choose which one is more beneficial to use instead of combining them.
>>
>>51595343
u dumb
>>
>>51595412

The only feature mentioned that "Unarmored Defense" doesn't stack with in the PHB, is another "Unarmored Defense" feature, the only two being from Monk and Barbarian.

If they want their rules book to explain this distinction as you say, they should probably have printed in their rulebook, but they only go so far as to mention "Unarmored Defense's" only conflict, being itself from a different class.
>>
>>51595484
They assumed people could read and that nowhere does Draconic Resilience say "add 3 to your AC" and nowhere does Unarmored Defense say "add Con to your AC."

They give full AC calculations rather than saying they are additive with other forms of AC.
>>
>>51595392
>is that it's just wizard-lite
Now wizard *and Cleric-lite if you're favored soul.
>>
>>51595392
What do you do with Sorcerer then?
>>
>>51595484
wew, 5e's rules too complicated for you?
>>
>>51595377
I get that they shouldn't have as large a list of spells known compared to the other full spellcaster classes, but it's such a large gap between Sorcerer and Bard (15 vs. 22), and then you factor in Bard's Magical Secrets it means they get at least 28, potentially 30 if they go Lore Bard.

Meanwhile, Cleric is limited only by spells he can prepare for the day, and Wizard is limited by spells he can write down in his spellbook along with spells prepared. But even if a Wizard doesn't find spell scrolls or other spellbooks while adventuring, they eventually write down up to 42 spells in their book (six 1st level at start, then another 2 per level in Wizard).

Meanwhile, the class that literally has magic power written into their DNA can't get as many spells as the fucking dude in a funny hat who sings for money?

Note that I didn't include Warlock in the above because they have a unique spellcasting system, even if they are technically a full caster as well.
>>
>>51595484
features in 5e only do exactly what they say, nothing more and nothing less. AC = A+B? or AC = A+D never does it say AC is "+ B"
>>
>>51595392
What sorcerers need is more spells, unique to them. Maybe with clever effects, multiple options, built in metamagics.
>>
>>51595524
Use metamagic.
>>
>>51594376
>gishing for a caster class is as simple as giving them attacks that don't suck and a means of not immediately dying, which is useful at all stages of a campaign
>gishing for a martial class requires giving them spells but ha ha you get two per day and have to be level 11 for anything substantive
THEY CAN'T KEEP GETTING AWAY WITH IT
>>
>>51595534
>Sorcerer and Bard (15 vs. 22), and then you factor in Bard's Magical Secrets it means they get at least 28, potentially 30 if they go Lore Bard.

Not disputing your point, but the 22 on the bard table includes the Magical Secrets they get at 10, 14, and 18. Lore gets to 24 because their level 6 Magical Secrets aren't included
>>
>>51595524
I think playtest Sorcerer was going to be the premiere gish class, while Warlock was going to be the flavor class. But there was so much outrage from fans that they were losing 3.5 Sorcerer that they reverted the changes into making 3.5 Sorcerer in 5th edition and put the Warlock out as an attempt at a gish class.
>>
>>51595484
>they should probably have printed in their rulebook

Please consider looking at the thread picture please, it's very important.

If you flip to page 14 of the PHB, under the Armor Class heading, you'll find that it says the following:

"Some spells and class features give you a a different way to calculate your AC. If you have multiple features that give you different ways to calculate your AC, you choose which one to use."

As you can see, you are an illiterate mongoloid and should consider signing up for an adult reading course at your local community college.
>>
5eg Mega Anon here. Would people I rather leave in the old Favored Soul from Modifying Classes in 5etools, or just replace it with the new favored soul from this UA?

http://www.strawpoll.me/12283421
>>
>>51595551
What is Quicken Spell Green-Flame Blade?
What is Twin Spell Booming Blade?
What is Shield?
What is Blur?
>>
>>51595582
Mark v1 and v2. I think v2 is better but there's going to be at least one retard out there that likes v1 and wants to access it.
>>
>>51595275
pliz :(
>>
>>51595582
put old one as "beta" or something
>>
>>51595563
My bad, but still, 22 to 24 spells is probably enough to let the Bard be a good, flexible caster, so long as they pick the right spells (a good mix of healing and buff/debuff for your campaign, Counterspell, Dispel Magic, Detect Magic, and a couple offensive ones alongside Vicious Mockery cantrip).
>>
>>51595585
Not terrible, but they really need more than that.
>>
>Phoenix sorcs can ignite flammable objects with their touch
>Prestidigitation and Flame Bolt already do this
???????????????????????????????????
>>
>>51595582
Replace the old one. It wasn't even an official subclass.
>>
>>51595571
I mean, Valor Bards, Arcane Tricksters, and Eldritch Knights are archetypes available that create gishes.

Not to mention the Paladin (objectively the best gish class fite me irl m8) and the Ranger are solid gishes as well.
>>
>>51591462
You should significantly consider a different game my dude
>>
>>51595582
I would do a v1 and v2 version, maybe saying or indicating which UA they're from (list it by year or name of the UA file).

The main thing I guess is that old Favored Soul was never going to be allowed at a table, while this one probably will be allowed.
>>
>>51595585
I'm not sure what your point is here. The post is talking about how you can easily take a spellcaster and make them a not-that-sucky martial, but you can't take a martial and easily make them a not-that-sucky caster.

Gish archetypes for spellcasting classes >>>>>>>>> gish archetypes for martial classes
>>
>>51595582
Mark them as different versions
>>
>>51595585
Did you even read his post?
>>
>>51595641
Nah, I agree that Paladin's the premiere gish class in 5e right now.

I just want there to be an arcane version. The Magus homebrew is fine, and I've also seen another anon try to homebrew/port over the Duskblade from 3.5 to 5th, with varying degrees of success.
>>
>>51595631
More covert. You brush up against something and it ignites, you aren't screaming things and making gestures and shit.

Also burning ropes off you would be pretty funny if they didn't take any precautions against it.
>>
>>51595674
No, because bitching about gishes is retarded.
>>
These new elemental Sorcs make the Wind one look like hot garbage. Power creep is real.
>>
Draconic sorcerers:
>+1 hp per level
>13 + Dex AC

Wild Magic sorcerers:
>Tides of Chaos and Bend Luck can effect your saving throws and your enemies' attack rolls/saves

Storm sorcerers:
>Heart of the Storm damages any enemies within 10 feet of you
>Storm's Fury uses your reaction to counterattack anyone who melees you

Favored Soul sorcerers:
>+1 hp per level
>can learn Healing Word
>can get +2d4 to saving throws

Phoenix Soul:
>Mantle of Flame automatically counter attacks melee attackers
>Phoenix Spark also counterattacks enemies and prevents you from making death saves
>Nourishing Fire lets you heal

Sea sorcerers:
>Actually breaks the pattern, aside from Watery Defense

Stone sorcerer:
>extra HP
>extra AC
>swordsmanship spells
>Both a resistance and a counterattack feature for enemy attacks, just one that applies to an ally instead of yourself.

Plus, *every* sorcerer is proficient in Con saves. I think these guys really are the gishes.
>>
>>51595484
u dumb
>>
Do you think Fighter/Stone Sorcerer would be a good Combo? It'd still be a bit MAD wouldn't it? STR, CON, CHA being the stats? Or could you dump CHA?
>>
>>51595721
Dumping charisma is a little harder than dumping int as a wizard, I think. 3 stats isn't terribly MAD, other classes need that much by themselves.
>>
>>51595721
It's technically only two stats, since all classes should have at least 14 CON if you don't want to play as humpty dumpty.
>>
>>51595524
I'm a big fan of each class having its own mechanics, and metamagic just feels half baked. I did try dicking around with a radical sorc homebrew, but it got messy quick. Shit that I tried:

-Ditched spell slots entirely, but replaced it with a pair of mechanics:
--Favored spell: A sorc gets one favored spell (1st-5th) level and casts it at will, at lowest level. Changing your favored spell is 1 sorc point or a short/long rest.
--Spell fatigue: Instead of using spell slots you accrue fatigue from casting spells that lowers the maximum level of spells you can cast. So get your big spells off first and then learn to metamagic the shit out of your lower level spells. Trying to balance this is a nightmare.

-Metamagic is prepared, not fixed, to encourage using the less popular options.
-Changed some metamagics to suck less (imo), added a few new ones to cover for things like not being able to uprank spells
-Capstone is access to all metamagics

-Sorcerous rage. My big idea was that Sorcerer is to Wizard as Barbarian is to Fighter. So I gave them the equivalent of a limited uses "rage" which unlocked all of their known spells (not just favored spell) for casting. It also upped spell fatigue, and had Empowered Spell built in. The idea being that a Sorc is a really limited spellcaster except for a couple minutes of supersayan.

-A short rest mechanic for recovering sorc points and reducing spell fatigue

-A one use/long rest Frenzy option that let you unlock 2 metamagics of your choice, temporarily ignore spell fatigue, and recover sorc points. Downside was exhaustion after.

Anyways, after going through the whole mess over and over I think the only mechanics I really like are the prepared & modified metamagics, and maybe the sorc rage. I dunno though. It is kind tough to wrestle with.
>>
>>51595721
What do you want fighter for here? The 1 level dip isn't so necessary because you don't need the armor or weapon proficiencies. Level 2 and 3 are nice. Level 5 doesn't matter so much because a single Extra Attack won't be better than using cantrips.
>>
>>51595721
>>51595781
Don't completely dump CHA, id say. I would probably start with either 10 or 12 in CHA and boost STR and CON instead, although DEX is probably better. I just hate the old "rapier/shield dex spell caster" stuff
>>
>>51591599
OSR was designed so a party doesn't needs spells or potions.
>>
>>51595534
I couldn't agree more. Sorcerers really need either more Spells Known or a small list of Origin Spells. Plus a feature like Arcane Recovery, but instead they get all their Spell Points back on a short rest, once per long rest.
>>
>>51595721
What are you getting out of fighter? Action surge? Extra attack? You're better off crossing it with paladin.
>>
>>51595721
You'll need at least 13 Cha for multiclassing prereqs so you may as well stick at 14. That's not really a hard number to swing for martials who can dump something like Int or Cha normally.
>Barb or Fighter/StoneSorc
>dump Dex into Cha instead
>18-20 AC
>take Shield Master to shore up your poor Dex

Good spells as a melee Sorc, with * useful regardless of Cha:
1 - Shield*, Magic Missile*, Thunderwave*, Sleep, Color Spray
2 - Blur*, Darkness*, Gust of Wind, Enlarge / Reduce*, Hold Person, Invisibility*, Mirror Image*, Misty Step*, Scorcing Ray, Shatter*, Web
3 - Blink*, Counterspell*, Fireball, Fly*, Lightning Bolt, Slow, Hypnotic Pattern, Haste*
4 - Banishment, Dimension Door*, Greater Invisibility*, Polymorph*, Stoneskin, Wall of Fire
>>
File: Kh-sephiroth.jpg (145KB, 980x680px) Image search: [Google]
Kh-sephiroth.jpg
145KB, 980x680px
>>51594868
Fallen. Gives you strength and lets you cosplay pic related.
>>
>>51595845
You need at least 13 charisma to multiclass to or from a sorcerer.
>>
>Stone Aegis has unlimited uses per rest
>reduce physical damage a party member takes and teleport+reaction attack anyone who hits them in most cases
>forever
what the fuck
>>
>be Sea Sorcerer
>hit enemy with a Ray of Frost
>hit enemy with Gust
>it is moved back 5+15=20 feet, at no spell slot cost
>>
So wait. Is the Stone Sorcerer's AC 13+DEX+CON, or just 13+CON?
>>
>>51595907
The latter. They're just deflecting blows.
>>
>>51595907
13+CON
All AC calculations are mutually exclusive.
>>
>>51595603
How weird that there are no good quality Neronvain pictures out there. And you're not going to find a full body Rath Modar either, sorry.
>>
>>51595897
>teleport+reaction attack anyone who hits them in most cases
Unless the attacker happens to be airborne, swimming, or even just standing on a crate.
>>
>>51596014
That's not exactly much of a nerf...
>>
>>51596014
Yeah, that happens all the time.
>the BBEG instructs all of his men to stand at various elevations whenever they face the party
>every bandit group takes to jumping onto tables and chairs
>inexplicably, wolves and owlbears perch atop rocks and trees
>>
>>51596052
That's a hell of scene. I want to see a BBEG dance around like that to avoid the Stone sorcerer now.
>>
File: thumbsup.jpg (27KB, 303x303px) Image search: [Google]
thumbsup.jpg
27KB, 303x303px
>>51594230
>Flame sorcerers are literal pyromaniacs
>Stone sorcerers are earthbenders with metalbending
>Water sorcerers can turn into water
>>
>>51596075
>Flame sorcerers are literal pyromaniacs
This one always pisses me off. Classically, fire was the element of creation and life. But, no, these days all we get is "fire bad"
>>
Do any other DMs read these UAs and just rip off the ideas for special NPCs? I'm definitely adding that Aegis reaction to an earth cult leader I've already made.
>>
>Earth magic
>Force damage
Que?

Also, is Favored Soul basically just a spontaneous cleric without a domain?
>>
File: badhombres.png (356KB, 940x500px) Image search: [Google]
badhombres.png
356KB, 940x500px
>>51596067
>Si, señor, your stone magic es muy fuerte.
>But you are not prepared for el Folding Chair Banditos.
>>
It's gonna be sad to see the old favored soul be overshadowed by this shit.
>>
>>51596137
>Cast Wall of Stone
>"You gotta go back"
>>
>>51596118
Well they fit the pheonix theme, at least. If you want fires of creation, make a cleric domain.
>>
Official only
>>
>>51596137
>"I have put many beautiful folding chairs in the storeroom, each of them occupied by a bandito!"
>"Many folding chairs?"
>"Oh, yes, many!"
>"Would you say I have a plethora of folding chairs?"
>"A what?"
>"A plethora."
>"...oh, yes, you have a plethora."
>"Jefe, tell me. What is a plethora?"
>"Why, El Guapo?"
>"Well, you told me I have a plethora. And I just would like to know if you know what a plethora is. I would not like to think that a person would tell someone he has a plethora, and then find out that that person has no idea what it means to have a plethora."
>>
>>51596118
>tfw Lawful Good Kossuthan preaching renewal, purification, respect for fire and its orderly nature, and the forging / tempering of weak and raw materials into their pure and intended form
No respect from these shit developers.
>>
File: Crisis_Core_Rapier.png (64KB, 633x669px) Image search: [Google]
Crisis_Core_Rapier.png
64KB, 633x669px
Does the Weapon Of Wounding no healing effect take effect on the damage dealt by booming blade or greenflame blade?
>>
>>51596195
Everything, added sorcerer UA
>>
>>51596181
>phoenix theme
You mean a prime example of fire being more related to birth than to destruction? Yeah, that definitely screams "pyromaniac" to me.
>>
>>51596181
>Implying the phoenix isn't a symbol of life
>>
>>51596136
And no weapon/armor proficiencies.

Strictly worse than the old Favored Soul UA, and even worse than 3.5 Favored Soul.
>>
>>51594190
Double standars
>>
File: shiba pfffbbtbt.jpg (143KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
shiba pfffbbtbt.jpg
143KB, 640x480px
https://5egmegaanon.github.io/5etools/classes.html#Sorcerer,Stone%20(UA)

Sorcerer UA subclasses added to 5etools.
>>
>>51596136
I think they gave it force damage because straight bludgeoning is fucking shitty.
>>
>>51596218
>Pugilist
>No Magus

Why?
>>
>>51596216
I'd rule no because the damage comes from the spell and not the weapon.
>>
>>51596224
>can't heal others
>the flavor:
Phoenix Soul Quirks d6
1 - You absentmindedly ignite small fires that quickly sputter out.
>haha pyromaniac
2 - You cackle like a fiend when you unleash your fire spells.
>haha pyromaniac
3 - You admire fire, even if it burns your friends.
>haha pyromaniac
4 - You are covered in burns that mark the first time your power manifested.
>edgy pyromaniac
5 - You like your food charred.
>my mom
6 - You are brave to the point of recklessness.
>lel fire is chaotic and impulsive even though it follows such discrete physical laws that we have schools and jobs that revolve around tracing the source of a house fire back to a goddamn matchbook in the baby's first floor bedroom and can tell you which accelerant was used
>>
>>51596252
>And no weapon/armor proficiencies.
Both are overrated, and you can be a mountain dwarf if you want them.
>>
>>51596279
What point are you trying to make here, other than that "Phoenix theme" and "the way they actually flavored the subclass" are miles apart from each other?
>>
>>51594230
I'm pretty disappointed with this version of the favored soul. I liked the one from "modifying classes" much better because it seemed more gishy, and that's what I look for in a favored soul. That and I think that sorcerer desperately needs an archetype with Extra Attack for gishes.
>>
>>51596259
With how overpowered the archetype is, I think they could afford to go with accuracy over power on this feature.
>>
>>51596302
Extra Attack is pretty stupid for one of those archetypes when the SCAG cantrips exist.
>>
>>51595933
jesus thank you.

I'll try to look into some decent looking thay wizard for Rath then.
>>
>>51596325
Melee attack + Melee attack + Quickened Spell Green Flame Blade is superior to just Green Flame Blade by itself. I think that the Quickened Spell metamagic alone might make Sorcerer the best candidate for a gish casting class.
>>
>>51596301
So they named it Phoenix because it's got a rebirth mechanic, then did fuck-all to play up the rest of the phoenixian aspects, instead focusing on bog-standard pyromaniac shit we've seen a thousand times before.

Anyone remember all those mythological tales of homocidal phoenixes flying through town and setting everything on fire because they're fucking nuts? No? Me neither. Because phoenixes are smart and wise and don't go razing down homes and forests because they like to watch shit burn.
>>
>>51596379
Green-Flame Blade + Quickened Green-Flame Blade is a possibility. As is Twinned Booming Blade + Quickened Green-Flame Blade if you have two targets to hit.
>>
File: Jeong_Jeong.png (120KB, 333x250px) Image search: [Google]
Jeong_Jeong.png
120KB, 333x250px
>>51596279
>Not roleplaying Jeong Jeong and despise the culture around you that only values fire for its power of destruction.
>>
>>51596325
This. If you want to play a gish, why would you want extra attack instead of a melee cantrip?

>>51596379
Another good reason not to give it extra attack - the DPS would be overbearing.
As a rule of thumb, you should not be able to do more damage (without expending a slot) than a warlock.
>>
File: birdsofparadise_FBP.jpg (28KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
birdsofparadise_FBP.jpg
28KB, 223x310px
>>51596387
>homocidal phoenixes

>They fly around the countryside buttfucking unsuspecting adventurers of the same gender
>>
File: Savant Homebrew.pdf (1B, 486x500px)
Savant Homebrew.pdf
1B, 486x500px
>>51594230
As promised, I will now spam this shit. Not happy that it wasn't a rework, just more powerful subclasses? Don't worry, I gotchu with this piece of class.
>>
>>51596427
While I agree with you in general, quickening a spell DOES have a cost, and the cost is apparently equal to a 2nd level spell if you start converting more sorcery points.
>>
>>51596428
that's exactly what i meant
yeah
>>
File: IMG_0336.png (454KB, 414x499px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0336.png
454KB, 414x499px
>>51596255
You're a saint anon
>>
>>51596379
You know you can quicken a cantrip and then cast another cantrip with your regular action anon?
>>
>>51596255
You are by far the best thing about this thread.
>>
>>51596387
This exactly.

They named the subclass for a single feature that you never WANT to be relevant, and then tied all of the relevant features to "lighting fires gives you a boner."

As they have the fluff written, pretty much the only way I could see anyone playing a decent Phoenix Sorcerer would be to go for an Odin-level chuuni.
>>
So force damage is now either pure magical energy without any elemental form or just hitting someone with magical themed earth/bludgeoning? I understand that it was kinda already like that with being shunted into places after fucked up teleports and rapidly deployed magic items and shit but still. Seems a bit off.
>>
Stats my phoenix sorcerer, /5eg/
>>
>>51596564
She's not a sorcerer though.
>>
>>51596564
0/10 not enough random fires
>>
>>51595830
Solving sorcerer requires
>fleshing out metamagic
>improving their spell lists, at least so they can get their thematic spells like fire based sorcerers getting fireball for free and shit without running completely out
>specializing them into full blast without making them a must pick over wizard's utility
>possibly spell points instead of slots
>>
>>51596629
>>51596629
>>51596629
>>
>>51596445
The archetypes are dumb but the base class is actually pretty sweet.

>>51596451
That is fair.
>>
>>51596564
Level 0 Revenant commoner except not undead.
>>
>>51596255
Thank you anon. You want any help with that shit friend? I want to help add shit too. 3rd party shit, not homebrew or DM's Guild.
>>
>>51596654
Really? I've heard from others it's the other way around, a class with problems but interesting archetypes.

WHO DO I BELIEVE?!
>>
>>51596553
Should've been bludgeoning desu
>>
>>51596701
Me, obviously. The archetypes are "interesting" but also convoluted and not necessarily balanced. The class does its best to be a balanced sorcerer alternative and works pretty well at that.
>>
>>51596553
Force damage seems to be raw magic and telefrags, so stone Alex is probably appearing with their weapon already inside the target if they hit.

>teleports inside you
>>
>>51595631
You can burn things that are on other persons.

It's mostly a flavour thing, anyway.
>>
How does one rule out characters getting on top of larger creatures?
>>
File: Ethereal Filcher.jpg (164KB, 708x1500px) Image search: [Google]
Ethereal Filcher.jpg
164KB, 708x1500px
>>51596052
>Party has to go through a dungeon entirely filled with creatures with boxes strapped to their feet.
>>
>>51596654
Theoretically I could switcheroo that whole schtick into the original Sorcerer Mold, to be honest, being only a base class rework rather than a full rework.

Hmm... That's not actually bad, especially with these new UA origins, combining the two the two could work, I reckon?

>>51596752
Thanks. Does the above ^^ suggestion sound good? I would basically just rename Motes as good old Spell Points, and suddenly the class is usable with all the bells and whistles of the new UA and the base archetypes?

The changes I made (regaining spells on rests among others) was mostly done due to flavor as natural magic users, for which I think it's absolutely dumb that sorcerers are almost the only full magic class that doesn't regain any spells on short rests. They should absolutely be the ones who get them back.

Actually, I will actually do that rework right now --->!
>>
>>51596754
>telefrags
Okay, that makes sense now. Shit like the expanding tower and teleporting inside shit makes sense.
>>
>>51596851
>switcheroo that whole schtick into the original Sorcerer Mold,
I don't see why not - just watch the levels at which sorcerer origins gain features. I like the whole mote system. It's like a warlock with spell points.
>>
>>51596942
Yeah, I gotta put the Origin to first level, but otherwise I actually kept the structure same.

Warlock with Spell Points was basically the idea I started with.

Should I just let the thing roll with the Sorcerer spell list, or use this slightly tweaked original one? It doesn't have any from SCAG or EE, so switching it to just using the basic one might be smarter.
>>
>>51597074
I see no reason to alter the sorcerer spell list, desu. But doesn't really matter all that much.
>>
>>51597148
I would probably just say that any spells from SCAG or EE that the Sorcerer can get is added to their spell list just so they have a few more options to pick from.
>>
>>51596279
>4 - You are covered in burns that mark the first time your power manifested.
This could easily just be that your latent powers awakened in a time of stress and maimed you. It doesn't mean that you are a LOL pyromaniac, if anything it gives you a reason to respect fire because when you first used your powers you fucked yourself up.
>Be teenager
>Bully is beating me up
>OH GOD WHERE DID ALL THIS FIRE COME FROM?
>Bully and you suffer horrible burns
>Spent several weeks healing
>Eventually began training your powers simply to keep from accidentally immolating yourself again
I mean I'm not denying that it's edgy but it hardly has "lol pyromaniac" implications.
>>
>>51597148
>>51597252
The main reason for this is because I'm trying to refit the class and the spell list would be alone in the last page, if I manage to squeeze that Sorcerous Restoration to the third page.
>>
>>51596942
>>51596654
There it is, there can be some typos or other shit, but here's the class as a Sorcerer Variant.
>>
>>51596260
When the magus gets endorsed on the D&d site or an issue of Dragon+ he will be.
>>
>>51595231
earth genasi
>>
>>51595904
>Be Sea Sorcerer, Spam gust to blow people 20ft back and laugh like a mad man.
>Be Warlock, do this while also dishing out damage.

Best case scenario.
>Be Warlock with a 1 level dip in Sea Sorcerer.
Eldrich Blast, first bolt marks them with curse and knocks them 10ft, second bolt blasts them 25ft.
Thread posts: 406
Thread images: 39

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.