[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Ideas for a brand new D&D campaign

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

I'm starting a campaign this week, with three brand new players, totally new to the game.

I'm looking for some ideas for good starting stories, something to take them through.

All three are gamers in different mediums, and all three are involved in entertainment professionally,so RP is going to figure in pretty heavily i'm guessing.

Also, three chicks, so less naked succubus and more....shirtless rangers maybe?
>>
Incubi
>>
>>51590130
I do have an Incubus mini, which the Sorceress in the party picked up and disappointedly asked "Why hasn't he got his cock out?"
>>
>>51590155
>"Why hasn't he got his cock out?"

Because he has a well of many worlds in his pants with a succubus in there sucking him off

Because he just fucked a potion of dimunition

He has a cock-ring of invisibility

Disguise self/Alter self

Terrifying Bigby's hand accident
>>
>>51590296
Should have opened up DM's handbook and made as if to read one of those answers very matter-of-factly
>>
>>51590398
We can all always improve as DMs
>>
>>51589707
>he thinks chicks don't want the V

It's 2017, shitlord
>>
The handsome and compassionate Crown Prince, beloved by all, enlists their aid in secret because he believes a powerful witch is manipulating his father the King into forcing him to marry a previously unknown and enigmatic noblewoman who he believes to be connected to the witch herself, somehow.
>>
A handsome and powerful Warlock has begun whispering in the ear of King Erik in the neighboring realm, and King Erik has begun making aggressive overtures towards the young Queen Margaret, demanding her hand in marriage and threatening conquest if she refuses. The Queen needs brave agents to get to the bottom of this mischief, and defeat this Warlock's fiendish plot.
>>
Some nice and simple starting point could be a werewolf story in a remote village. Deduction, Social interaction and battle basically happens automatically at that point. Either make sure they face the werewolf when he is still a threat to them or have it be a whole pack.
>>
Ask your players what kind of (fantasy) stories they like.

On average girls prefer campaigns with a nice narrative to interact with over Gygaxian death traps. But that's on average. Maybe you just gotten yourself involved with some female murderhobos, or girls that play Nethack in their free time.
>>
The Ancient Dragon Damakar has awoken from thousands of years of slumber, and presented himself to the Court. He politely requests the hand of the fairest maiden in all the land, spurring heated debates and furious arguments amongst nobility and wealthy villeins alike. Now the realm stands on the brink of civil war, as factions rally around the most likely candidates to become Damakar's bride, in the hope of receiving boons from the winner once she is Mistress of his splendid hoards.
>>
If you have players that are that into the actual roleplaying then they will mostly do the work for you. Your goal should be to give them a setting (stage) and not a narrative other than motivating why they might be working together in the first place. Keep it very general, the details will likely be filled in later by some combination of you and the players.

Examples:
A kingdom/country/etc. where magic is not only forbidden, but magic users are actively hunted down. Not coincidentally, some of the most powerful known magical artifacts are hidden underneath its many tombs. A few of these artifacts are even quietly hoarded by peasants that worship the idols as if they were gods.

Legends foretell that several children born on (day X) are destined to be great saviors (or destroyers). War and intrigue now follow all children born on (day X) as they seek to either fulfill that destiny or hide from it

An expansive kingdom ruled by an inept and inbred ruler has passed without siring an heir. Now several leading houses within the land are all trying to covertly (or not so covertly) install their own line onto the throne while out maneuvering the others. They have taken to enlisting the aid of many outsiders, with promises of riches or power should they prove victorious.
>>
>>51589707

I've had one where the PCs were expys of Vampirella, Lady Death and that one Sorceress girl from Castlevania. I ran the whole game as a gonzo, heavy-metal sword and sorcery thing, not remotely serious at all.
>>
>>51590903
One is a huge Lord of the Rings fan, big time. playing a sexy Tiefling rogue/courtesan.
Sorceress, who is a Lovecraft fan, into Game of Thones, more mature stuff.
Bard, know the least about her, she likes acting and performance though, so i think she'll go with anything
>>
>>51591235

The PCs are the 'Three Musketeer' equivalents, on the King's special service. They're in Magic France, and all kinds of conspiracies are going on.

Maybe the old King just died and a new one's going to be crowned. Everyone's jockeying for position, there are dashing revolutionaries (who are doomed, anyway) out and about, the Church is getting involved, and hey, who's the true heir?
>>
The PCs are generals of a notBalkan nation, each wanted for war crimes, forming death camps and genocide of a different neighboring nation/species. They have been formally exiled from their nation, and now they must hide within the very peoples they genocided, avoiding capture by paladins of international god of good and justice - all the while continuing their genocide over the remains of those peoples and guiding the politics of their mother nation.
>>
>>51591393
>>51591256
These are all gigantic, modern day RP suggestions. Not related to OPs request at all.

Early D&D games need to be simple, quick affairs, with lots of variety. Monster huntan',wizard bashan', tavern wench tappan'.
>>
File: IMG_0054.jpg (65KB, 572x601px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0054.jpg
65KB, 572x601px
>>51590921
Mfw the dragon actually just wants her severed hand
>>
>>51590921
Dragons are always fun for new players as it's what they always expect/hope for in a campaign. Plus, you get to keep the fact that he's a dragon hidden for the first 4 or 5 sessions and then dump the big twist on them. Dumping hints in the meantime is the real fun
>why are there droves of kobolds being so aggressive all of a sudden?
>why do they disappear for hours at a time in the middle of the night (can't eat in a polymorphed form)
There's no way in hell a low level party will be able to kill an ancient dragon so the quest could be to "seal" it back where it came, so the PCs need to find an army and a few powerful wizards to help in a giant battle against the dragon and its brainwashed army
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.