[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Any GM's here, how do you assign appropriate treasure/rewards

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: images (35).jpg (11KB, 307x163px) Image search: [Google]
images (35).jpg
11KB, 307x163px
Any GM's here, how do you assign appropriate treasure/rewards for your players? Do you give opportunity to acquire extra gold? Do you allow them freedom to create ways of getting it themselves?
>>
I use the tables in the DMG. If they want extra gold I give them the chance to work for it in their downtime, although they won't make much that way.
>>
>>51589406
I've had fuck all gold for months now and our gm isn't giving us anything. Is there a way to change this without getting shitty at the gm?
>>
>>51588525
Depends on the system.
>>
>>51589481
Derail his plot to become highwaymen/bankrobbers because of your DIRE NEED for gold. He'll either be a huge faggot and let you trash the game because he's being stingey or take the hint and be generous.
>>
I give them the amount that seems fit? Like the bandits have a few coppers and shillings and their leader has a few gold coins and they have a treasure ches filled with the shillings they stole from the townsfolk.. A town is plagued by a monster so all put together a reward of 100 gold or however rich the place is
>>
>>51589670
I'm tempted to do this, he's been a bit of a cunt lately. Not sure what's set him off though.

>>51589670
I've tried looting bandits our gm always says they have no gold on them, when I say I'm taking their equipment to sell he replies that I'll be overloaded.
>>
I tend to give more then the task was worth, but i also like to rob my players if they are unwary. That way i can rebalance how much they have available from time to time.
>>
>>51588525

Combination of dmg, common sense, and what makes for a good narative .
>>
>>51589652
>>51591392
These two.
>>51589776
Do you need money for a specific purpose or to remain even with what the GM is throwing at you, or are you just trying to tweak out your next +1, anon?
Murderhobo'ing is habit I'm generally quick to discourage in my games,
>>
File: Tge71.jpg (112KB, 600x731px) Image search: [Google]
Tge71.jpg
112KB, 600x731px
I keep a small list of about fifteen items and rewards I think are cool. Many are just generic items with small twists (a cure potion in the form of a bottle of sacred wine), others are inspired by reading through old manuals and other fantasy books (magic inks to draw temporary protective tattoos), while others are my own invention (animated chair that follows you around, carrying small loads, but mostly just there for when you want to sit down).

Whenever it feels like there's an appropriate place for a treasure, I just grab something from the list. Usually, it ends up with the players going through stretches without getting many rewards, but then when they kill something rich and powerful they get a half dozen or so. And, once I've expended one list, I start again with a new list after evaluating what the players liked from the previous list.

As for gold, I'm actually experimenting with not really keeping track of it. The PCs are assumed rich enough to buy anything less than a house from their guild's coffers, and can make a case to purchase more expensive things. Since magical items are rather rare and not really sold anywhere, they need to go out adventuring in order to acquire them. Overall, it's been working pretty well, and is largely just the result of my group never really being motivated by gold to begin with.
>>
Honestly, once the pcs get to a certain point, I give them titles and make them landed nobles.
It obviates the need for penny counting since as lords, anything they want in terms of quality of life is there to be given, they have a solid center to work around cutting out the roots of murderhobo'ing, and with service to their lord, they can acquire the shiny baubles they desire.
It's worked for years.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.