[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Tabletop for Two

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 5

File: image.jpg (106KB, 620x412px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
106KB, 620x412px
So me and a friend of mine want to do a tabletop campaign between the two of us, with both of hs having a character and alternating in our GMing duties. Has anyone here done anything like this before? Are there any good systems that facilitate this type of roleplay?

We're specifically looking for fantasy in the same vein as Dungeons & Dragons, but perhaps a bit more rules-lite and not reliant on a full party of adventurers for game balance.
>>
File: IMG_3834.jpg (43KB, 200x261px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3834.jpg
43KB, 200x261px
>>51583614

How about an espionage game because the James Bond RPG from the 80's is hands down the best one player RPG I have ever played. You can download the books at any torrent site. Easy system as well.
>>
>>51583614
Ends in gay sex. Calling it.
>>
File: Microlite20[1].pdf (1B, 486x500px)
Microlite20[1].pdf
1B, 486x500px
Can't get much more rules light than Microlite.

If this is a bit too light I suggest Savage Worlds.
>>
File: 1447437511991.gif (189KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
1447437511991.gif
189KB, 640x360px
>>51584034
We hope
>>
>>51583614
Probably something like Savage Worlds, Cortex Plus, or FATE.
>>
1 on 1 D&D games were common since the beginning. Experienced players would go on solo dungeon runs in Gygax's Greyhawk castle, sometimes playing single PCs, sometimes playing 2-3.

The only caveat here is that if you traded GM duties, you'd probably have to run two separate dungeons/campaigns, since you couldn't very well maintain consistency without spoiling all the details to each other. One idea you could do is collaborate on the barebones architecture of the dungeon - the unkeyed blueprint - and then separately add in all the details, so that each other's dungeon is similar but unique and unpredictable.

For a rules-lite system, I'd recommend microlite74 or Moldvay B/X.
>>
OP here, what about Barbarians of Lemuria?
>>
>>51584585
Good game. Very simple and compact. It doesn't rely on party dynamics, starting characters are competent and easy to scale upward if you want. There's a pretty robust hero point/luck system that prevents death by misadventure.

Also worth looking at are Barbarians of the Aftermath, a post-apocalypse/sci-fi rule set that has all kinds of knobs and dials, and Honor and Intrigue, a swashbuckling, Renaissance era book. Good dueling system and a very digestible gazetteer of the world.
>>
>>51583614
Random dungeons are great for this, expecially with Co-DMing. That way, no major plot secrets need to be there (Because, said secrets would be ruined), but good old crawls ought to be fun.
Add a little fluff though, like, they enter a mega-dungeon to discover (Macguffin of choice).
>>
File: barbarians of lemuria spiel.png (96KB, 869x425px) Image search: [Google]
barbarians of lemuria spiel.png
96KB, 869x425px
>>51583614
You can play D&D fine with only one or two PCs. You just have to tailor the adventures to fit the capabilities and proclivities of the characters in question. With that said, if you want something a bit more rules-light, check out Barbarians of Lemuria (see pic).

>Barbarians of Lemuria,Mythic Edition (current edition) -- https://www.mediafire.com/folder/7llc83r2xf8bg/Barbarians_of_Lemuria_-_Mythic_Edition

>Barbarians of Lemuria, Legendary Edition (earlier edition, shorter but not as refined) --http://www.mediafire.com/download/p5w885sa9a869ma/Barbarians+Of+Lemuria+-+Legendary+Edition.pdf

>Barbarians of Lemuria, House Rules / Patches for Legendary Edition (if you want minimalism of Legendary, but with the rules tightened up a bit) -- https://mega.co.nz/#F!CtQR2bST!y_awB-GHCiL3CdK4iLCV7A

Edit: while I was composing this post, I was reading down the thread and noticed you already asked about it here >>51584585, so I guess take this as an endorsement.
>>
>>51585454
>Also worth looking at are Barbarians of the Aftermath, a post-apocalypse/sci-fi rule set that has all kinds of knobs and dials, and Honor and Intrigue, a swashbuckling, Renaissance era book. Good dueling system and a very digestible gazetteer of the world.

Do these use the same system as BoL?
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.