[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/srg/ - Shadowrun General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 363
Thread images: 58

File: 1446562045932.jpg (3MB, 1760x1778px) Image search: [Google]
1446562045932.jpg
3MB, 1760x1778px
...Identity Spoofed
...Encryption Keys Generated
...Connected to Onion Routers
>>>Login: *********
>>>Enter Passcode: *********
...Biometric Scan Confirmed
Connected to SeattleNet...

>Welcome back to /srg/, chummer
>Last Viewed Files: >>51541873
>ItWhasAcceptableInThe50s.epub
>Where_The_Dwarf_Ladys_at?.mp3
>The.Hobbit.XVI.Adrian's.Revnge.btl

Personal Alerts
* Your Current Rep Score: -14 (15% Positive)
* You have 74 new private messages: "Erika? FUCKING ERIKA? Consider your cyberballs cut, omae!"
* Your Chummer > Tools > Options books list has been unchecked https://github.com/chummer5a/chummer5a/releases
* Cloud File Storage: http://pastebin.com/SsWTY7qr
* Running Running_in_the_90s.btl

>shoot straight
>conserve ammo
>watch your back
>And never, ever make a deal with a dragon

Love is Punk Edition:
And both, will never die. How do you handle romance in the corp world? Is your runner doomed to loneliness, or he fights for the one they love? Is she on this because her waifu is on it as well? Is stalking romantic enough? Any cute stories?
>>
Currently there are 2 streetsams on the team, both latino orks. My streetsam is too unstable for long-term relationships, so it's all prostitutes and gloryhole sluts for him. The other has a girlfriend, but she's a member of the Ancients, so....yeah. Some really Capulet and Montague shit going on there.
>>
A mentor for my Aztec's initiation was an Amazonian he lived with for about a month. There was a lot of unresolved, murderous, sexual tension.
>>
>>51573984
Don't do it, this can end with you losing your dick. Source: I'm an Az-Am veteran who only lost his eyes, ears and arm to IEDs, which is more than I can say for my former squadmate "No-Dick Diego".
>>
>51565531
>Gotta say, those rules are absurd.
Not really. Sure, bonus dice from Street Cred can end up being some very large bonuses, but they only apply against people who are aware of your reputation. Unless you've got a really high Public Awareness, it doesn't apply to anyone other than Mr.Johnson and other members of the shadowrunning community.
>>
>>51574496
>it doesn't apply to anyone other than Mr.Johnson and other members of the shadowrunning community.
This. With pretty much anyone who isn't deep in the shadow community, your GM can just be like "nuh-uh he's never heard of you, fuck your 20 street cred".
>>
File: 194759.jpg (611KB, 880x1100px) Image search: [Google]
194759.jpg
611KB, 880x1100px
What do you guys think of Shadowrun Anarchy?
>>
>>51574635
Pants on head retarded
>guys there's too many rules for my tiny brain :(
>I know, lets make it easier by REMOVING THE FUCKING GM WHAT THE FUCK
>>
>>51574755
Funny that while reading the rules i never even considered playing the way "no gm". I would totally play the traditional way and it works.

My players will never read the books and they are stupid enough to give me troubles with the rules, so normal shadowrun as written is impossible to play. Also, the book is in english, language that most my players can read.

But thats my group.
>>
>>51574755
>I know, lets make it easier by REMOVING THE FUCKING GM WHAT THE FUCK
Wait, what? How?
>>
>>51574801
>shadowrun 5e
>players can't understand it because they're stupid

They don't understand it because the SR5 ruleset is a bloated hell of poorly-edited, self-contradicting spaghetti-code whose writers weren't even talking to each other. The setting, particularly in relation to the matrix, is both nonintuitive and very poorly realized so it's difficult to guess what they intend at any given time.

Like shit dude, I spent my college days writing process models and I sometimes have a hard time making sense of this crap. It's supposed to be a game, not a day at work.

Sure, you can ego-stroke over having spent 6 hours a day lurking and wading through the mess, but that doesn't mean other people are dumb for not having done that yet. It's like calling your HR rep an idiot for not having learned COBOL in his spare time.
>>
>>51574951
>It's like calling your HR rep an idiot for not having learned COBOL in his spare time.
As opposed to more correctly calling him an idiot for relying on his charisma instead of his brains, thus ensuring that all his power, resources and capability lie within other people and that on his own he is, in fact, quite helpless?
>>
>>51574635
Absolutely terrible.
>>
>>51574801
can´t read*
>>
>>51575188
care to elaborate?

For me, i would house rule it a lot. For example, fixed difficulty curve for simple rolls (don´t like as a GM to roll for everything).
>>
>>51575210
>(don´t like as a GM to roll for everything).
That's what rule of 4 is for.
>>
Does anyone else think that MG damage in 5e is kinda low? OK, I agree that an LMG would probably use a rifle round, and hence deal comparable damage (Ingram Valiant does less damage than most assault rifles). RPK HMG does look effective, having -4 AP and one point of damage on the best assault rifles in the core book. But isn't an HMG supposed to be firing a substantially more impressive bullet?

If a Shadowrun “HMG” is supposed to be a man portable weapon intended primarily for suppression, why the heck do you call it an HMG? It kinda triggers me a bit.
>>
File: IMG_0723.jpg (29KB, 480x353px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0723.jpg
29KB, 480x353px
I sat down with my new players during character creation last night and talked them through all the great roleplaying opportunities that come with different negative qualities, but by the end of it everyone agreed that a laundry list of minor allergies and phobias would make for a more interesting cast

I'm already dreading the upcoming game, christ.
>>
>>51575658
I just ban allergies unless it's something interesting. Had a character in my game who had an allergy for soy beans. SOY! Now that is a disadvantage if I see one.
>>
>>51575602
Yeah it is. Generally speaking, the way I understand it is LMGs use intermediate/assault rifle caliber, MMGs use full power rifle calipers, and HMGs use things like .50 BMG or 12.7mm. They should be dealing as much damage as something like the Barret.
>>
>>51575602
>Does anyone else think that MG damage in 5e is kinda low?
I think that the damage is fine, it's just that the price tag is ridiculously jacked up.
>>
>>51575658
If at least one person in your group doesn't have distinctive style, they need to rethink their priorities.
>>
File: eiofmoxpystt1nbqmfa4.jpg (423KB, 1920x1174px) Image search: [Google]
eiofmoxpystt1nbqmfa4.jpg
423KB, 1920x1174px
>>51575777
>trips
>wisdom

Preach it, omae.
>>
File: 1454791214751.gif (2MB, 400x225px) Image search: [Google]
1454791214751.gif
2MB, 400x225px
>>51575658
I can empathize.
Funnily enough, I guided my players through chargen yesterday too. One of them wants to play an icelandic elf shaman, while the other decided on playing a crossdressing decker.

Nothing can go wrong, right?
>>
>>51575119
>on his own he is, in fact, quite helpless?
You could say the same for just about anyone living in modern civilization. A coder doesn't have a whole lot to do without other people to provide him with his tools or the demand for his skills. A leader flourishes in the context of an organization, whether in someone else's or one that he creates. Even a "self-sufficient" business owner's lifestyle is reliant on a vast economic network (and the many things underpinning that system) that generates demand for his goods and services, and in turn supplies him with necessities and the means to continue operating.
>>
>>51575602
Isn't there some German alt rules for HMG's and the like? Something about suppressive fire doing X1.5 damage.
>>
>>51576156
There's a German optional rule which uses a 4e inspired rule making certain/all Machine Guns fire more rounds in Full-auto. In 4e I think its called high-velocity fire. Something like 10 and 20 for Simple and Complex fire, respectively.
>>
>>51575658
I'm not necessarily agreeing with
>>51575777
or anything, but
>but by the end of it everyone agreed that a laundry list of minor allergies and phobias would make for a more interesting cast
They have it all wrong. They should have a laundry list of various different flaws for maximum FUN.

>>51576138
Perhaps, but at the end of the day there are some people that are clearly going to do better than others if we all suddenly find ourselves completely and utterly alone.
>>
>>51576156
>>51576221
Can you be more specific, chummers?
>>
>>51576244
Show some initiative, chummer. The German optional rules are in the German editions of the Sourcebooks.
>>
>>51576297
Do not speak German.
>>
>>51575658
>new players
>playing it safe
They're probably just scared of all the debilitating NQs you're pushing on them. Just let them roam around in chargen and let them find the fun options themselves. They'll have a better feel for things once they've started playing.
>>
File: 1446411965728.jpg (207KB, 1600x1043px) Image search: [Google]
1446411965728.jpg
207KB, 1600x1043px
>>51575602
I've found by experience that the Stoner Ares MMG will fuck anyone's day, most of the time. It's a bit weird when you spend an hour or two creating an NPC for your players to face, he shows up, and the rigger goes "I fire a Complex Full Auto of APDS rounds at him."
Ingram Valiant a shit, though, which saddens me greatly.

>>51575658
And here comes the "Let's roll a D6 to see if your allergy of choice comes into play at the worst possible time this session !"
>>
>>51576482
>And here comes the "Let's roll a D6 to see if your allergy of choice comes into play at the worst possible time this session !"
>leaving your allergies up to chance
>not being allergic to pollution, which is practically everywhere
>not being a van rigger who literally lives in his Ares Roadmaster with maximized armor among other mods
>not having Environmental Sealing 2 so that the filthy air of the city will never contaminate your sanctum of purity
>not using a gask mask for those occasions where you HAVE to leave your armored van and go out into the disgusting polluted world.
>>
>>51576846
Whooops, looks like one of your filters AND the redundancy just died!
>>
File: 1438444564847.jpg (94KB, 507x640px) Image search: [Google]
1438444564847.jpg
94KB, 507x640px
So, just to confirm I did this right, how would one go about capturing a possession free/wild spirit NPC?

I had friendly forces create sort of a one way ward and then have them use super-magecuffs on him once they wrestled him down. If you knock him down to zero HP, that would have ejected him from the body, right? Am I missing anything?

Young Lia unrelated
>>
File: smug.jpg (25KB, 450x325px) Image search: [Google]
smug.jpg
25KB, 450x325px
>>51576979
It's cool, I've got a dice pool of 12 to fix that shit.

But realtalk, if a player spends an absurd amount of money on dealing with or even getting entirely around, you should let them because....well, they spent an absurd amount of money on it. Converting karma into cash is an option in chargen, so I don't see why it would be bad to do the opposite at a far less efficient rate. If you made a paraplegic character and spent a lot of money on a bitching chair-drone, your GM shouldn't be taking it away from you all the time.
>>
>>51576079
>icelandic elf shaman
Seems legit. Tell him to research icelandic mythology for his spirits.
>crossdressing decker
Distinctive style and you're done. Point out that breast implants 2.0 are unisex.
>>
File: 5cf.jpg (56KB, 600x587px) Image search: [Google]
5cf.jpg
56KB, 600x587px
>>51577259
>2.0
WHY DO PEOPLE KEEP RECOMMENDING THIS
THERE'S NO POINT
THEY'RE NOT BETTER TITS
THEY JUST CHANGE SIZE
THERE IS NO POINT IN GETTING TITS 2.0 UNLESS IT'S IMPORTANT TO YOU THAT YOUR FAKE TITS BE ABLE TO CHANGE SIZE
>>
>>51577303
>not wanting variable size tits for disguise purposes
Omae . . .
>>
>>51577303
>THEY'RE NOT BETTER TITS
>THEY JUST CHANGE SIZE
Do you have shit taste in everything, or just ware?
>>
>>51577315
>disguise purposes
What is this, a black trenchcoat game?

>>51577319
Nigga, you want to see a woman's breasts swell you try a little something called foreplay so she doesn't have to fake her orgasms.
>>
File: 1480931817602.png (82KB, 500x520px) Image search: [Google]
1480931817602.png
82KB, 500x520px
>>51577429
>projecting THIS hard
>>
>>51577440
I don't even get what you're supposed to be implying there.
>>
>>51577429
>What is this, a black trenchcoat game?
OK.

>not wanting variable size breasts so you can visibly pump them up while seducing your mark, before luring him back to the rigger's van, so you can drag him behind said van throughout the streets of seattle
>>
>>51577541
But then why not just have large breasts to begin with?
>>
>>51577619
Catering to his BE fetish, obviously. This is the 6th world, omae.
>>
>>51577657
But then why not do it with bioware? Just redistribute your body fat for the tits and have an implanted gland that releases the natural BE chemicals on command.
>>
>>51577693
If there are stats for that, then you should 150% go for that option. But I'm a charop faggot who came here from /pfg/ and /5eg/, and so I operate mostly on RAW.
>>
>>51577693
You want variable size so that your decker can rifle through the guys' matrix history, give you a dossier on his ideal partners, and then the face can optimize her appearance and approach to suit that. Should be worth at least +2 to +4 IMO.
>>
>>51577716
Well...the breast implants in the cyberware chapter of Chrome Flesh are just silicon implants, and the bioware chapter says it's possible to change your gender completely without losing essence, so there's no way that "redistribute body fat" doesn't fit under "minor modification biosculpting". Assuming that the specific hormone(s) have been discovered, Chemical Gland should cover the rest.

>>51577755
>and then the face can optimize her appearance and approach to suit that.
Yeah, but why recommend 2.0 for the decker then? Also, the face could just be flat-chested to start w-oh who am I kidding,the face needs to have at least a b-cup.
>>
>>51577849
The problem with biosculpting is that it takes months to perform. That's why there's no essence loss. BE2.0 are basically silicone balloons that can expand in seconds.
>>
>>51577977
>The problem with biosculpting is that it takes months to perform.
Which is why you do it in chargen.
>>
>>51577849
>Yeah, but why recommend 2.0 for the decker then?
You're right, that is pretty dumb
>>
>>51578021
Well yeah, but that doesn't work for 2 reasons:
1. Getting biosculpting at chargen removes the 'crossdressing' part of the character's theme - unless you're leaving the genitals and just changing the rest.
2. Getting biosculpted instead of BE2.0 means you can't visibly balloon to seduce someone with an expansion fetish.
>>
>>51578143
>unless you're leaving the genitals and just changing the rest.
Yeah, that's what crossdressing is.
>you can't visibly balloon to seduce someone with an expansion fetish.
You can with a Chemical Gland.
>>
>>51578173
>You can with a Chemical Gland
Go read the biosculpting section again, chummer. It'd take literal months to change your cup size that way.
>>
>>51578198
Breasts can swell as a result of a woman's arousal, so ballooning can be done if the hormone(s) have been isolated.
>>
>>51578413
Well yes, but not to the extent that the 2.0 implant does. You can't go from A-cup to DD-cup in 6 seconds due to just arousal.
>>
>>51578470
True, true, but how often is your mark going to be THAT level of degenerate?
>>
Let’s talk NPC stats, chummers.

Where do you get yours? Do you just handwave stats and skills and assign NPCs reasonable looking dice pools when the need arises? Do you have generic NPC stat blocks and equipment loadouts written down?

Also, I would be grateful if you point me towards some fan-made NPC stats collection. I searched around the web, but it looks like 5e statblocks are a rare commodity, or my Google-fu is just weak.
>>
I had an stupid idea the other day, and I need some help since searching for details on the setting is a bit hard.
A decker that host a pirate radio. Not a podcast or anything, just a good old radio transmitter from the back of his car and drives around the city, picking up calls and mail with a burner comlink, and 'telling it like it is' while putting music as old as he can get his hands on.
I need details on the setting, mostly to see if the radio spectrum is still 'reserved' for radio and wasn't cannibalized for grid space, and how available would be radio equipment... Any ideas?
>>
>>51578526
In the 6th world, and particularly in an explicitly pink mohawk game? Probably fairly often.

>>51578569
I think radio has gone the way of the dodo, what with trideo being a thing now. But you could pirate that shit.
>>
Hey guys, I'm kinda lost when it comes to programs

Does a decker absolutely need to have all possible program maxed out at chargen or can we just pinpoint a few useful one at rating 3, max a few vital ones at rating 6 and drop a bunch of useless ones? Also which ones are must have and which one are situational?
>>
>>51578569
I don't know if it's been stated what happened to that spectrum, but I'll bet fucking nobody has a radio. Maybe there's a couple crazies who live in the middle of the AMC and still use HAM radios to talk to each other about how the government is all HMHVV bug shedim, but everyone else is going to use the ubiquitious satellites and grids.

There's plenty of spaces within the Matrix for someone to hide and broadcast, though, even in De Le Mar's new cyberworld.
>>
>>51579000
>Decker
>Program Ratings

Wut? The only "program" with a rating is an Agent. (Which you better get Rating 6 ASP, they're super-useful for teamwork tests.)
>>
>>51579000
There's no such thing as program rating in 5th edition
>>
Hey chummers. Every once in a while I like to give myself a mental exercise by doing something odd with character creation. Today, I am gonna ask for some help from you guys:

Give me a character concept or mechanic that you will absolutely never allow in your campaigns, and I'll try to make a character (either concept or actual character sheet) that would would willingly accept.

(If I decide to make the character sheet, it will be standard sum to 10)

Also, I'll ask now not to be painfully specific. Burnout aspected alchemist dryad weeb with a tragic backstory isn't a challenge, it's just obnoxious.

Finally: Give me a reason why you won't allow it in your campaign. gives me something to work with.
>>
>>51579756
Gnome. I don't allow it because gnomes.
>>
>>51579864

That's not much to go off of. what's wrong with Gnomes? They aren't Pixies.
>>
>>51579756
Ghoul (or vampire, or any Infected really) runner. Infected are "NPC only" in my games.
>>
>>51579907
I despise short people.
>>
>tfw all the shadowrun MUDs are dead
>>
>>51579756
SURGEs, they are either a pool of random quirks without rhyme or reason that only adds trouble to making the characters part of the game, they make their fursona, or they are heavy minmaxers to the point they don't care about anything other than overshadowing all other players.

If you feel like you can make a character that doesn't fit into those categories, go for it.
>>
Would a Gonzo Journalist turned shadowrunner be better off as a hacker or a face in SR4e?
>>
>>51579907
They're the size of three year olds.
>>
>>51579934

That's more of a personal bias than something mechanical. I'll try to work on it, but you're not really giving much of a good 'reason'.

>>51579918

Alright, I can try to do that. I'll probably go for Ghoul, though if another infected works better, I'll snag it.

>>51579985
Done it in the past. Actually, I had 3 (Although one was a bit min/max-y, it was for something that was subpar to begin with). I'll try something new for ya, though.

Alright, that's 3 things I've got. I'll try to finish them before I move onto any more suggestions.
>>
>>51579934
manlet self-hate spotted
>>
>>51579991
I find building journos as hackers, mostly since they have a reason to go undercover and play against the rules to get what they want. But, the idea of a face adept that doesn't know he is a mage, and believes he is just THAT good at getting his way sounds quite fun...
>>
>>51580013

I'm gonna start with the SURGE character. Gonna make the sheet because it's the most fun to me. Then I'll work on the Ghoul, and then finally the Gnome. Gnome is gonna be the hardest because it's a stupid reason, but I want something more creative than "While most gnomes take their size as compliments, he hates it, and insists on wearing stilts to be at least as tall as your average human' or something like that.
>>
>>51576308
see, chummer
there's your problem
>>
File: guards.png (83KB, 1494x333px) Image search: [Google]
guards.png
83KB, 1494x333px
>>51578542
1/2
>>
File: guards2.png (24KB, 1903x207px) Image search: [Google]
guards2.png
24KB, 1903x207px
>>51580473
>>
In Chummer the Hanuman metavariant is out of date with the new version of run faster. It gives Agi 1/6 with metagenetic improvement instead of simply 1/7, and Distinctive Style for some reason when it already does the Unusual Hair.
>>
random thought I had in another thread:
UGE and goblinization are due to the increased background mana level, right?
and in space you don't have any mana unless you build an artificial biosphere, right?

does that mean that in space only humans get born? No elves, orks, dwarves or trolls?
>>
>>51580892
Is the updated version of run faster in the pastebin?
>>
File: 1479946933795.gif (2MB, 400x304px) Image search: [Google]
1479946933795.gif
2MB, 400x304px
>>51580099
>Magic people that don't know their magic and just think they're hot shit
Patrician tastes there m8
>>
>>51581007
I think so, yeah. Not 100% sure, though - link me the new version and I'll check against the version in the bin.
>>
>>51580915

That's my understanding. I'm actually toying with an idea of a plotline about this; essentially, some conservative holdouts in Evo from the Yamatetsu era trying to use Evo's space exploration and colonization focus to simply leave the Awakening behind.
>>
>>51580892
Already fixed in nightlies.
>>
>>51580915
I don't have a source so this is conjecture. You can't goblinize or be born an Elf or Dwarf in the void of space, but Metas can give birth to Metas no problem. They've already been genetically changed by magic back on Earth, it wouldn't have any impact in my eyes on what happens after.
>>
>>51581456
By be born an Elf or Dwarf, I mean they couldn't be born with UGE, because there wouldn't be any mana for that to express itself. If they had a Dwarf daddy and a kinky Elf mommy an Elf or Dwarf baby would pop out.
>>
>>51580119

Never made a rigger before, so this SURGE character is taking a bit longer than Usual. Still, should be done relatively soon.
>>
>>51581498
but isn't the expression of those genes dependent on mana level?
It's the same reason as for why in the fifth world there were only humans: Even if you have a gene, unless it gets expressed you might as well not have it
and apparently it's dependent on the mana levels at the conception, because you can have two metas who still get a human child
>>
>>51579756
AI specced to be a face. Someone asked about playing one in an upcoming game and I just can't see how it's not gonna be a huge handicap.
>>
>>51581607
look up cinnamon
AI with no upper limit on CHA
IIRC 13 CHA and room for more
>>
>>51581607
http://pastebin.com/u687vu13
>>
>>51581631
>>51581644
I . . . huh.
Definitely workable, though trying to meet someone face to face is gonna be problematic. But then you just save up for a Saeder-Krupp Direktionssekretar with realistic features.
>>
>>51581590
Do you have a source for the two Metas giving birth to a Human, just curious
>It's the same reason as for why in the fifth world there were only humans: Even if you have a gene, unless it gets expressed you might as well not have it
I'm saying that the I think the initial expressions of the Metahuman gene requires a Manasphere. However, once you have Metahumans, a Manasphere isn't required for people to be born as a Meta because its now a genetic thing.
In the Fifth World there were folks roaming around with Metahuman DNA, but without a Manasphere to kick off Metahuman genetic expressions, the Metahuman ball couldn't start rolling.
>>
>>51581706
Two giants have a one in four chance of giving birth to a human if the baby is female. The girl is still a carrier for giant genes though and her chances of human to giant offspring are the same as with a giant.
>>
>>51581670

In Cutting Ace's, there is a Holographic projector specifically designed to allow for 'face to face' interactions with people who can't (or REALLY can't) be there. All your AI has to do is come up with a convincing lie as to why they aren't physically there (Which shouldn't be hard to do if you're made as even a half-decent face), and you're golden.
>>
>>51581745
That's fine for negotiating for gear and the like, but not so much if you wanted to con your way into some place. Some times you need an actual meat body.
>>
>>51581670
Pretty much, yeah. Honestly with that much CHA you can just eat the penalties for not being face-to-face, or request that your Johnston always arrange meetings in a digital environment.
>>51581808
Well sure, but that's part of the limitation of being an AI, and your plans will have to take that into account. Hell, get your decker to hack the security guard's image link and make it look like you're physically there.
>>51581706
Metahuman genetic expression is basically phenotypes that are only unlocked in the presence of a high-enough ambient mana count. The main reason why an elf and human pair could give birth to a dwarf is largely due to this; with enough time for those phenotypes to be passed down through different familial lines. a lot of people have the passive traits for multiple metatypes.
>>
>>51581873
>a lot of people have the passive traits for multiple metatypes
to add to this: Just because you have a gene/allele doesn't mean that it will be expressed
We have this in real life sometimes: XY females. in their case the entire Y chromosome isn't expressed, so they stay female

So you may have dwarf, elf, ork and troll phenotypes at once
but if none of these are expressed you stay a Homo sapiens sapiens
>>
I'm looking through rigger 5, and I see the Pilot Enhancement.

It says explicitly that it REPLACES the Pilot program, and from there, the chart only shows it going up to rating 6.

So... is there a typo there? Does it add to the standard pilot rating (Which would make more sense for a pilot ENHANCER)? or am I just going to have to shovel large amounts of nuyen for a +1?
>>
>>51582006
Fluffwise, it involves replacing quite a bit of hardware as well as software. So yeah, it removes your previous rating and gives you a new one, which can be up to 6.
>>
>>51582027

Then why would the book A Pilot program can have a Rating of 1 to 9

is there some other way to increase the pilot rating that I'm not seeing?
>>
>>51573675
My character is romantically involved with a KE hrt agent that has been augmented to the gills. His end goal is earn enough cash for them both to leave Seattle and start up a family in the nearby SSC territory, where his owl shaman master could help them along.

It's actually been some fun with the plot hooks of what amounts to a crook and cop in love.
>>
>>51581996
Metagenetics is also supposed to be more complicated than base genetics. 3e is where they really delve into it, but all I remember is that a lot of it is mutually exclusive in expression, and there's no direct way to activate metagenetics - you have to work removed one layer, activating genetics that activate metagenetics that may or may not express because the specific genes you activated don't just trigger one metagene each.
>>
Alright, this is taking longer than expected. Still gonna do the character sheets, but I'm going to just give the character concept/idea, and you tell me if its even workable.

>>51579985

SURGE guy: Robert Jennings. Husband, Father of one, Rigger Wageslave. When Halley's Comet flew overhead, he was one of the Unlucky Few who changed. When once he was your average looking Brown haired, blue eyed American, now he looked more like some screwed up hybrid with a wolf (Going with the 'every part of the surge is thematic, rather than random qualities).

Being one of the 'Freaks', he Lost his job at Genericorp Security Agency, and turned to running some 'less than legal' jobs to make ends meet. He uses his ill-gotten gains to support his family (Both Dependents, level 2, and a High Lifestyle that is strictly for his wife and Kid). Lisa understands what he's doing and why he's doing it, but that doesn't make it any easier. Little John, though... he doesn't know. He just thinks Daddy is away on business. John's always been afraid of the Big Bad Wolf from the fairy tails, and Robert is too terrified to try to show himself to his own child, because he knows he won't understand.

All he wants now is to find some way to reverse the SURGE, so he can go back home and see his child again.
>>
>>51579756
I recently played a SURGE'd character who was a gorgon. Turned out pretty well.
>>
>>51579918

Ghoul Street Doc. There are Legitimate doctors, there are back alley doctors, there are chop shops, and then there's this guy. Meet "Teeth". His real name is Benny, but nobody bother's to call him that, even if the name of his 'business' is "Benny's Bio-Clinic." He does his work in the Underground, where there aren't many rules, but he doesn't get judged as much.

Benny prefers 'recovering' cyberwear, rather than installing it, but he does both. Bring him a body, and he'll pay you for the 'ware he recovers... and it also acts as a meal. You don't get a bad rap for eating your friends when people bring meals to you for (almost) free!

He's an honest guy, with a partially functioning Moral Compass, who's making due with his Infection the best he can.

>>51579864

Yeah, I could write a thousand different stories or characters for you, but your problem isn't with gnomes, its with short people, it seems. And that's not really something I can write around.
>>
>>51581441
What the fuck is the deal with that strap in her left hand? The gun clearly fires from a pan magazine so what the fuck is she doing? It's clearly not an ammunition belt. As it stands I'm pretty sure she's holding that gun with the world's strongest wrist.
>>
>>51582834

Look at the underside of the barrel, just behind the muzzle, at the first black band. you can see a (taught) band there, from where she's holding it.
>>
File: a081f12571d33c0c5e3beec45698651b.jpg (952KB, 5249x2270px) Image search: [Google]
a081f12571d33c0c5e3beec45698651b.jpg
952KB, 5249x2270px
>>51582834
Pretty much, yes. hefting it by the carrystrap because reasons.
>>
>>51582946
>G36

Eugh.
>>
File: 1460682733889.jpg (222KB, 500x744px) Image search: [Google]
1460682733889.jpg
222KB, 500x744px
Hey there, chummers. I'm about to run a solo decker game for a friend to help them get the feel for the matrix rules. Are there any interesting or challenging scenarios I could throw at them to make them more aware of what they should watch out for while they're on a run with a team?
>>
>>51583015

Cameras and Autoturrets.
>>
>>51582963
But it looks so futury!
>>
>>51582834
>As it stands I'm pretty sure she's holding that gun with the world's strongest wrist.
I figured it's a fancy pistol with Things™ attached.
>>
>>51583070
It's somehow a real world object with zeerust. More importantly, something about it has just always bugged me. I don't like the way the gun looks.
>>
>>51583015

I was in a hurry when I said "Cameras and Auto turrets" but now I have more time to elaborate.

Try to make a run where your decker needs to Escort someone. Maybe its other runners, maybe it's a civilian, or something. Point is, make it something where they have to manage cameras and/or stop Auto turrets which would automatically mow them down.

You could have them need to pay attention to camera placement, so that an infiltrator can walk through some place undetected, or something like that.

Or, have them need to steal something or kill someone that's under surveillance, and they need to edit the camera files so nobody sees them or anything like that.

There's lots of things that you could do, but my biggest suggestion is to make them responsible for letting someone ELSE complete the actual mission (Bonus points if you make said person fairly idiotic. Competent, but idiotic).

On top of that, give them something else they can do, like find a slush fund, or information, that would make them feel like they did something that only they could do as well.
>>
What's your favorite knowledge skill?
>>
>>51583828
Bars and Clubs, for sure.
>>
>>51583828

Smuggler Routes.

Good for escapes, good for paydays.
>>
Does anyone either have a game that's in need of another player, or know anywhere to search for games? I'm already keeping an eye on Roll20 ads, GITP threads, the official boards, the Reddit LFG threads, and halfway looking at the Mythweaver boards despite them being the depths of hell.

I just want a game, man. There's so much fucking D&D, and there seems to be less than maybe 50 games of SR total, anywhere, across everything. And most of those are either severely autistic, shitty, or antiquated editions/Anarchy.
>>
>>51583828

I had a player take craft beer and it honest to god came up. I'd forgotten she even took it and the ghoul den they were clearing out happened to be an abandoned microbrewery.
>>
File: superthumb.gif (30KB, 300x250px) Image search: [Google]
superthumb.gif
30KB, 300x250px
>>51583983

Have you considered, like, making friends?
>>
File: Lewis + Lee Enfield.jpg (427KB, 1600x876px) Image search: [Google]
Lewis + Lee Enfield.jpg
427KB, 1600x876px
>>51583341
Nah that right there is a good, old-fashioned Lewis gun (or at least an approximation) with the stock removed.
>>
>>51584029
Anon, what do you think a large part of the reason that I do tabletops in the first place is? I'm branching out from my normal group because the GM is fairly busy and I'm not gonna be that cunt that tries to beg him to run another game on top of his other stuff, but I still want to play the game and meet people.
>>
What happened to vegas in shadowrun?
I want to run a vegas game.
>>
File: Capture.png (44KB, 212x261px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
44KB, 212x261px
>>51575689
>tfw I'm actually allergic to soy IRL
>>
>>51575689

I played a character with an Allergy to Metal once. He actively payed more to get special guns, and wore gloves/other protective gear to keep himself from breaking out.
>>
>>51584227
>Allergy to Metal
does that mean he can only listen to elf-pop and nuYenback?
>>
>>51581441
Thanks. Just noticed it now in 189.48, couldn't update. Not due to Chummer, my internet provider is just a piece of shit and I've been without internet for 8 days now. Fucking Rogers.
>>
>>51573675
>netcatandthetoaster.jpg
>>
Could a face/decker work? Or a decker/street sam?
>>
Did they just not put ceramic/plasteel components in 5e? Same with sensor defeating cases?
>>
File: bfbfb4b7316a825474815851b3e3a135.jpg (803KB, 3555x1500px) Image search: [Google]
bfbfb4b7316a825474815851b3e3a135.jpg
803KB, 3555x1500px
>>51584130
Nothing much. It's part of the PCC, Horizon murdered a bunch of toaster-lovers there in 2072, most of the criminal enterprises are run by the PCC's Koshari gang. Lost of smuggling involvement, as it's a good central location to access most of the continent.

>>51584301
FYI, the updater is a bit janky for some people (Should be fixed properly in recent builds though), so you may need to download the update manually from get.chummer.net.
>>
>>51584263

Indeed.

Such a tragedy.
>>
File: web1_ROUVENREV_031115bh_001_0.jpg (214KB, 640x436px) Image search: [Google]
web1_ROUVENREV_031115bh_001_0.jpg
214KB, 640x436px
>>51584130

I would be so down with that. I got my idea already. I want to play a magician whose tradition uses tropes from stage magic. Like, his familiar is his Beautiful Assistant and he summons spirits out of his hat and has Harry Houdini as a mentor spirit. That sort of thing.
>>
>>51584630
See, this is why I want to run a vegas campaign.
>>
>>51584630
This gives me other ideas for Vegas characters. Like a Decker who was a card counting autist who found exploitable flaws in all the games and got kicked out of all the casinos . They say he hacked all their systems, but really he was just that good. Now he's on a revenge mission to actually hack the shit out of all of them.
>>
File: df19df307a6b032692b7c872d4fa93ec.jpg (965KB, 3642x1525px) Image search: [Google]
df19df307a6b032692b7c872d4fa93ec.jpg
965KB, 3642x1525px
Anyone interested in doing a bunch of boring data entry for me? The critters.xml file is rather out of date now that Howling Shadows is out, aside from some proof-of-concept entries. It's mostly just validating that existing content matches up properly and adding walk/run/sprint fields.

>>51584556
Face decker works fine; there isn't a significant amount of attribute overlap for synergies. Samurai decker is difficult; attributes are almost complete polar opposites and both archetypes crave nuyen.
>>51584560
Hard Targets.
>>
File: the lewdest hentai.jpg (240KB, 800x1159px) Image search: [Google]
the lewdest hentai.jpg
240KB, 800x1159px
>>51573675
>How do you handle romance in the corp world?
My runner bought his wAIfu a (realistic) gynoid body.

My runner bought himself the Skinlink echo.

Now they can communicate securely. It's incredibly fucking lewd.
>>
>>51584769
>Face decker works fine; there isn't a significant amount of attribute overlap for synergies. Samurai decker is difficult; attributes are almost complete polar opposites and both archetypes crave nuyen.

Damn. I'm just looking for ways to spice up a decker build because my group is using simplified decking rules to make it less painful, but it also means I don't really have as much to do. Plus, I never liked the idea of a keyboard jockey as much as some others. I don't really want to play an Awakened either because I just played a shaman.
>>
File: hk_g56_by_alexjjessup-d6gkqtd.jpg (261KB, 1280x905px) Image search: [Google]
hk_g56_by_alexjjessup-d6gkqtd.jpg
261KB, 1280x905px
I need pictures of guns. Please help.
>>
File: Colt Government 2066.jpg (69KB, 540x540px) Image search: [Google]
Colt Government 2066.jpg
69KB, 540x540px
>>51584937
>>
>>51584706

That's brilliant
>>
So I noticed a bug with my version of Chummer even after an update. My availability aren't functioning at all. Sometimes they show 0 or some value that's wrong.

Anyone know a fix, I don't think it's tied to chummer itself.
>>
>>51584841
You could dabble in other Logic skills, like medicine, or remote-control rigging. Hell, you could be a jump-in rigger if you've got the essence and nuyen to spare.
>>
>>51584841
Well, what's the average dicepool for primary actions at your table? If your mage is only throwing nine dice at spellcasting then it becomes a bit of a different situation. Most of my recommendations assume 12+ at your primary function, but if everyone's throwing 8 dice 'because it says six is a master' then there's a lot more wiggle room.

>>51585127
One of the other devs has been on a pretty aggressive refactoring of various functions, with differing levels of robust testing in place. It's honestly more likely we missed something, but could you show me your file to test with?
>>
File: 1391506248457.jpg (108KB, 980x600px) Image search: [Google]
1391506248457.jpg
108KB, 980x600px
>>51584937
>>
>>51585175
You want the entire Chummer.Nightly file ?
It appears regardless of characters, even the new ones.
>>
File: 1380552005457.jpg (195KB, 900x675px) Image search: [Google]
1380552005457.jpg
195KB, 900x675px
>>51585199
>>
File: 1392425138139.jpg (93KB, 1024x581px) Image search: [Google]
1392425138139.jpg
93KB, 1024x581px
>>51585211
>>
File: mosin-tan.jpg (60KB, 800x347px) Image search: [Google]
mosin-tan.jpg
60KB, 800x347px
>>51585226
>>
>>51585210
Just a random character with a screenshot of a broken availability, if it's part of the code itself I'll find it separately.
>>
File: Juggernaut.1.jpg (31KB, 800x533px) Image search: [Google]
Juggernaut.1.jpg
31KB, 800x533px
>>51585241
>>
File: Broken.png (20KB, 565x456px) Image search: [Google]
Broken.png
20KB, 565x456px
>>51585244
I realized that if you hit OK sometimes the avail actually shows up as the correct on once you've bought it. Only the buying preview seems to be broken.
>>
Given the dark mood of Shadowrun, have there been times when a decidedly moral action(evacuated civilians before blowing up a building, not causing collateral damage, showing mercy to someone, refusing to participate in some act of cruelty) has, directly or indirectly, resulted in a bigger reward for your team?
>>
>>51583687

Thanks, chummer, sounds like a good plan.
>>
>>51573675
My player has a wife who is now pregnant. Sucks for his ass, because he's going on a series of suicide missions he volunteered for.
>>
>>51574635
It's ok. Need's as many house rules as the regular game does. But if you're here, in this thread, you might as well play the real game.
>>
File: 41bf11682d2812669c61730b59bd0611.jpg (291KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
41bf11682d2812669c61730b59bd0611.jpg
291KB, 1920x1200px
>>51574635
Book has a bunch of nice art and decent run ideas. Rules are average at best.
>>51585284
Oh, that's more that the selection forms don't always update properly. If you change the rating or whatever it should refresh everything.
>>
>>51574755
>Call something retarded
>"hurr no gm"

Anarchy does Shadowrun better than 5e.

It provides the exact same experience of crazy magic cyberpunk but with a fraction of the rules while making characters more customizable than ever. Read the fucking book if you think that the cue system is "no gm".
>>
>>51574801
There is no "no gm" option.
The cue system is essentially the exact same way people play RPGs, except it expects players to introduce concepts into the game for the gm to run with. It has no mechanical enforcement, so take it as a sugestion on how to run your game not as something that is needed to play Anarchy.
>>
File: qsNU8aK.jpg (57KB, 564x821px) Image search: [Google]
qsNU8aK.jpg
57KB, 564x821px
>>51573675
One of my player asked to make a contact for his character so he could date him. Gave me no specifics on what he wanted him to be like, besides being nice. I ended up making a Dragonslayer mystic adept troll who basically was a broke vigilante.

>He never flirted with him or asked him on a date.
>Didn't ask him into the wizard group he was a part of.
>Never asked him for any favors or help.

To this day I have no idea if he wasn't his type or the idea only seamed novel to him at the time.
>>
>>51587660
He's probably racist against trolls.
>>
File: MichaelJordan.jpg (67KB, 752x650px) Image search: [Google]
MichaelJordan.jpg
67KB, 752x650px
Macfag here.

>tfw have to ask gf for her computer to use Chummer because fuck boot camp
>tfw it doesn't even work

I blame Yekka.
>>
>>51587851
You blame yekka for having to ask your beard if you can use her computer?

btw do you get jealous that she gets to suck tyrone's dick and you dont?
>>
>>51587161
So, if I have a few characters that somehow got a bunch of knowledge skills with suids of all 0s, will that affect anything?

If it continues to happen after an upgrade, you'll probably see a report, but if not I'll chalk it up to a bad auto-update or something.
>>
>>51587947
>You blame yekka for having to ask your beard if you can use her computer?
>your beard

I blame Yekka for making Chummer Windows only.

Also
>implying i don't suck tyrone's dick too
>>
>>51587851
Honestly you probably deserve at least 50% of what you're getting, breeder. This should work, but grab .net 4.5.2: https://github.com/chummer5a/chummer5a/wiki#using-wine

>>51588014
The suid is a reference back to skills.xml. It means basically nothing for knowledge skills aside from autolookup for default fields.

Generally speaking a blank suid should just mean that you've entered a custom entry, it shouldn't be a big deal.
>>
Is magical talent hereditary or is its manifestation completely random as far as people know?
>>
>>51588105
Totally random as far as we know.
>>
>>51585623
When my players do that, always.
My players almost never do that[/spoilers]
>>
>>51588103
I wouldn't have asked except that it was from skills I'd taken from the dropdown. Had to select the type of skill, and specialties were all Chummer.ListItem.

But I can take 'em out of gen and nothing should happen, right?
>>
>>51576233
>there are some people that are clearly going to do better than other if we all suddenly find ourselves completely and utterly alone

The fact that, in your mind, such a person is some kind of compsci major confuses me so completely and utterly that I cannot describe it.
>>
>>51588103
>Honestly you probably deserve at least 50% of what you're getting, breeder.
What did he mean by this?
>>
So, /srg/, for those who played or are playing Dragonfall and/or Hong Kong, who's your favorite bro/sis/husbando/waifu?
>>
>>51588262
>tfw jake armitage OR joshua genesisguylastnameidontremember aren't in dragonfall or hong kong
>>
>>51588262
Gaichu is a very good friend.
>>
So, chummers, how likely would it be that rogue elements of the UCAS/CAS want to Make America Great Again and are waging a shadow war on Triple-A corps (or corps they can reasonably cause inconvenience)? Something like "well, at least they're not megacorps, but they're still bad people you don't want dictating your life".
>>
File: BestGirl.png (2MB, 2016x1772px) Image search: [Google]
BestGirl.png
2MB, 2016x1772px
>>51588262
BEST. GIRL.
BEST. GIRL
BEST. GIRL
BEST. GIRL
BEST. GIRL
BEST. GIRL
>>
>>51588262
>bro/sis/husbando/waifu
Racter/Gobbet/Dietrich, i guess/Glory
>>
>>51588324
That's pretty much the current german metaplot.
SK retaliated by ruining parts of the RRP.
>>
>>51588336
Gross.
>>
>>51588336
Just because she is doesn't shower and eats literal garbage doesn't mean she would have low enough standards to be your waifu.
>>
File: file.png (75KB, 400x279px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
75KB, 400x279px
>>51588163
Shouldn't, no. Could you zip them up and toss them to me at [email protected] or nya.is or something though? it might be indicative of a bigger problem with some of the recent changes.
>>51588201
<
>>51588408
Peanuts aren't THAT bad.
>>
>>51588262
Ku Feng
>>
>>51588336
She'd be a fun friend, but I think anything more and there's a significant risk of toxic shock. I sort of hated is0bell, but she grew on me after Shadows of Hong Kong
>>
>>51588453
Is0bel's aspergers reminded me too much of the typical Anon for me to like or empathize with her at all.
>>
>>51588103
I take back my previous statements, Yekka is the hero we need.
>>
What are the best adept powers for a blade adept to have? I want to be a melee beast & eventually wield a Highlands sword, unless katanas or something else is better
>>
>>51588453
She'd be a fun friend, but I think anything more and there's a significant risk of toxic shock.

Did you just call my waifu a toxic shaman? Take it back faggot.
>>
Is there a version of the rules without the retarded cringe fluff? Trying to learn the game, but finding it hard to do so when every page has 1st person narrator using edgy slang.
>>
>>51588609
There's that superbook thing, but I don't think it's been updated in a while.
>>
>>51588157
There, there, chummer.
>>
File: elf_powerlift.jpg (118KB, 912x1036px) Image search: [Google]
elf_powerlift.jpg
118KB, 912x1036px
>>51588609
IIRC the superbook in the pastebin cuts out most of the fluffy stuff to get right to the core of the rules
>>
>>51588453
Why would there be toxic shock? I'm assuming that you've convinced Gobbet to rethink her 'go with your gut no matter the cost' philosophy. Not to mention the Shiny Thing got dunked off the sea.
>>
File: 1440657890063.jpg (43KB, 540x451px) Image search: [Google]
1440657890063.jpg
43KB, 540x451px
>>51588658

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toxic_shock_syndrome

Staph on your dick is no bueno

Still arguably best girl - I preferred Glory's story because it really uses the mechanics of shadowrun to tell a story that could only be told in the SR universe, but Gobbet was pretty charming at a lot of points.
>>
>>51588624
>>51588636

Thanks
>>
>>51588725
Condoms omae.
>>
>>51588436
Will do as soon as I can get to 'em again.
>>
File: Rented Dick.png (359KB, 629x851px) Image search: [Google]
Rented Dick.png
359KB, 629x851px
>>51588778
[/spoiler]Not even if it was modified with Rating 6 Chem Protection.[/spoiler]
>>
Is it just me, or does decking seem kind of pointless outside of the obligatory "hack all IPs simultaneously" cyber-espionage now? The mark system and Overwatch just seems like it makes it more worthwhile for a decker to just shoot someone rather than try to get creative with their hacking.

Also, the biggest, baddest, killiest of 300,000+ nuyen customized milspec combat drones are less tough than your average straight-out-of-creation troll street sam with some cheap body armor.

I get that the point was to make riggers and deckers less distanced from the rest of the party by letting them just hang out at base and solve all the problems, but right now it just seems like they're forced into one specific role and their abilities are not good for anything outside of that narrow spectrum. Might as well roll up a mage, because at least that gives you some versatility on top of being able to fuck with security cameras.
>>
>>51589454
Once you're in direct combat, hacking is kinda pointless, yes.
>>
>>51589792
They introduced all those WiFi bonuses to give deckers something to hack during combat, but it didn't really work out. But I'm not to fond of the 'everyone's a hacker' mentality of SR4, either.

I liked how it worked in Blitz's trust mission in Dragonfall, fighting simultaneously in the flesh and the matrix.
>>
>>51588262
Duncan/Coyote/nah/meh.
>>
>>51588510
I thought I was the only one who felt like that. Right on the money.
>>
>>51588510
Is0bel's Aspergers reminded me too much of myself for me to like or empathize with her at all.
>>
>>51589839
Funny thing, I'd like a genuine "everyone is a hacker", but not "everyone is the decker".

Think Ghost In The Shell, where a lot of characters are capable of hacking, but there's different grades (albeit unspecified) of hacking power.
>>
>>51573675
Hey there Chummers, I have a simple question.
What's the BEST build for an explosives expert/grenadier?
>>
>>51590329
Ask me in the morning.
>>
>>51590329
Well, you'd need a high LOG character for Demolitions and a bunch of Knowledge skills (Architecture, Engineering, etc) to help determine the best place to detonate the explosives.

Next you'd need a decent AGI and Throwing weapons (Grenades) and/or Heavy Weapons (Grenade Launcher) to chuck 'em, by hand or not.

Beyond that, you can go wild.
>>
>>51590198
Have you heard about 'Ends of the Matrix'?
>>
>>51590614
Yeah. It's 4e, doesn't really do what I was thinking in the way I was thinking it, and I don't really agree with their ideas or the foundations on which they oppose the parts of shadowrun they didn't like.
>>
>>51591003
Make the Attack and Sleaze commlink modifications much cheaper, that'd be a good first start.
>>
What are skills I want maxed, skills I want but necessarily need maxed and skills that are nice to have but I don't need as a decker?
>>
>>51590329
Most grenadiers were of a large build usually being the tallest & broadest in the unit, they needed this not only for carrying the additional heavy load but also to be able to throw the grenades far & accuately over & past thier fellow soldiers. Any large propotioned metahuman that is still flexable & with good agility will do.

Unrelated, but they also avoided broad hats & helmets so as to not restrict thier range of motion
>>
Funny thought I had while half-paying attention to the superbowl last night: what if while playing Urban Brawl you threw a grenade when you meant to throw the ball or vice versa? I wonder how many times that has occurred in the history of the sport.
>>
>>51588190
>The fact that, in your mind, such a person is some kind of compsci major confuses me so completely and utterly that I cannot describe it.
I don't think that. Sure, I do think that STEMs would have a general advantage over non-STEMs because math and science help you understand how to build shelter and shit, but only the survivalist nuts would be the ones who could do "well" for themselves.
>>
>>51588105
Random as far as we can determine the triggers for Awakening. However, there are cases like the Thunderhorse family of Seattle, which have an impossibly high proportion of shamans to mundanes in their family tree. So there may be a hereditary/genetic component, but all the breeding programs in the world haven't cracked the code yet.
>>
>>51589839
Hacking during combat is bad. What wireless does is it gives you a chance to hack before combat starts, getting all the marks you need. In combat you don't hack, you just send commands to have the magazine pop out, the PI-TAC fail, the cybereyes start playing MLP instead of showing the sammy cutting across open ground, etc.
>>
>>51592127
You want either or both Hacking or Cybercombat maxed because those are how you placed marks, with Hack on the Fly and Brute Force respectively. The Devices Specialization for Cybercombat and Hacking is amazing, because thats 90% of the hacking you'll be doing. Electronic Warfare I haven't found very useful for a Hacker in any of the games I've played or ran. Computer should be maxed. Software isn't actually super useful for a Hacker in 5e, except regarding Databombs. Hardware is how you repair your Cyberdeck and other Matrix devices, so the pool should be high.
>>
>>51592329
>math and science help you understand how to build shelter and shit,
speaking as a a computer scientist, no. Anyone who thinks that I'm more capable of surviving than, say, a lit major is an idiot.
>>
>>51592582
If anything, I think historians and some anthropologists might have an edge, based purely on their degrees, if they learned about how pre-industrial societies farmed and prepared food, how folks in Third World countries get by, etc.
>>
>>51592672
As a historian, I'm probably not better off than the comp sci major in here.
Only those weirdos in the Anthropology and History department who recreate and test historical boats, swords, etc, would have the edge.
>>
let's all agree that STEM and non-STEM are shit at survival
the ones that will most likely survive are the engineers
too bad they won't procreate
>>
>>51592755
No, the engineers won't survive either. The ability to make shelter in solidworks doesn't carry over to actually being able to make yourself shelter.
>>
>>51592582
>computer scientist
Admittedly, I was thinking more mech-eng myself.

>>51592755
>too bad they won't procreate
My dad, my grandad and 2 of my uncles can attest otherwise.
>>
>>51592505
If you have Rigger 5.0 it has a few good options for Electronic Warfare.

Suppress Noise is decent if you find yourself suddenly with more Noise than expected.

Confuse Pilot can, well, confuse a Pilot program, making it have to beat half your net successes with (Pilot*2) or just stop for a bit.

And most importantly, Target Device is an Electronic Warfare based teamwork test (almost), for any drones or sammies with sensor-equipped cyberarms you may have slaved to your deck.

Yeah, an RCC gives a few bonus dice. You won't need 'em if you're novahot.
>>
>>51579756

it's me again. Never got a response from the last 2 guys I did, so I'll put the same thing out there.

Give me something you won't allow in your games, why you won't allow it, and I'll try to write up a character that you would allow in your game.
>>
>>51593664
Toxic Blood Mage. I don't think any further explanation is required.
>>
>>51593692

Can you be both? Like, mechanically? I thought they were both traditions.
>>
>>51593775
Neither of them are traditions, actually. They're both something you do on top of your tradition.
>>
>>51593810

>When a magician becomes toxic, they abandon their previous view of magic and the world for a completely new one; in this way they take on a completely new tradition, following all the basic rules (see Traditions, p. 279, SR5).

(page 85, street Grimoire)

>A magician from any tradition of magic may become a blood mage if they engage in the practice of drawing power from pain.

Alright, so, being a Toxic Blood mage IS possible, however, Toxic mage IS a tradition as well. Just so we're all in the clear.

Also, being a blood mage technically requires a Metamagic, so I am going to have to take some liberties with this concept. It's a tall order you're asking for, but I'm at least gonna try.
>>
>>51593531
Confuse Pilot is probably better than nuking a drone with data spikes, but I still wouldn't dump a lot of points into E Warfare. If he wanted to start rigging after/at chargen then that's a different story of course.
>>
>>51593876
Really? Huh. I guess I should've read that section more thoroughly the first time, because I had thought that when you went toxic, you practiced a warped variant of your previous tradition.
>>
>>51594076

I think, flavorfully, you ARE practicing a warped variant of your previous tradition, but mechanically, you're practicing the Toxic tradition instead.
>>
>>51594145
If you choose to keep your drain stat and spirit array the same, yes, that's an option. But since you can choose your drain stat to be anything and you can have any array of spirits (as long as they're the 6 toxic ones) you can actually deviate a lot further from your original tradition if you choose to do so.
>>
>>51593692

It ended up being over 2000 characters, so I had to move it to a pastebin. It kinda stinks of 'special snowflake' but I tried to put in enough sound reasoning to make it work.

http://pastebin.com/bQN3yFJc
>>
>>51593955
If you can get an extra few passes or so (use drugs I say), then Target Device makes a great pair with your Arm of God.

Just put a sensor array in there, or a sensor. In the rare case you need to really bring the pain, you can Target Device on somebody you've already Active Sensor Attacked.

But yeah, it's probalby best to just put a few points for emergency Noise clearing and people that are sneaky enough that Active Sensor's a bit of a pain to get going.
>>
>>51594400
>isn't exactly aware that she's using toxic magic
>doesn't deploy the magic that will immediately identify her as a toxic mage
>has least edgy of the Toxic Mentor Spirits
>uses blood magic only as part of her self-flagellation
That's....actually a respectable character. Playing it would be like walking on thin ice, hoping that no one realized you were toxic, at which point the whole thing would get hilariously messy real fast, but hey, it works.
>>
>>51594615

If you'd let that into your game, then mission accomplished.
>>
>>51594815
Oh, I would. I'd even go as far as to keep NPCs from discovering her true nature so that it would be the PCs who eventually found out and promptly took everything to hell in a handbasket.
>>
>>51594520
What is Arm of God? I keep hearing it but I can't find anything about it...
>>
>>51595122
Its when a character gets a full Cyberarm and loads it full of Agility to massively boost their Shooting dice pool. Add Strength, Gyromount, Armor, Smuggling Compartments, Finger Grenades, etc, as you please.
You can get 9 AGI + 6 Shooting + 2 Smartlink + 2 Specialization = 19 Dicepool
>>
So, I'm pretty sure the drone armor upgrades in Rigger 5.0 are a little bit fucked. Mainly because everywhere else the armor upgrades talk about 3 points of armor for every slot, but the non-free upgrades suddenly seem to be 1 for 1, which is absolutely goddamn awful. Hell, even the example on armor upgrades in the same section is literally impossible to do according to RAW.

Am I an absurd min-maxer for assuming the upgrades are supposed to be three points per MP? Also, does the double base stat maximum apply to armor? So you literally can't armor up an unarmoured drone?
>>
>>51595203

+1 from taking a simple action to aim, and then a simple action to fire.
>>
>>51595069

Sounds like a good time to me.

Got any others?
>>
>>51593664
Probably didn't get a response because it didn't seem finished. It was just a bit of writing, not an actual character - not even hints as to the mechanical parts of them.

It wasn't bad writing, just less than enthralling.
>>
>>51595390

Eh, it was late and I had to get up early. I just didn't want to not turn in anything at all.
>>
>>51590555
Chemistry and engineering is probably better than architecture. Chem + Engineering is good for making potent explosives out of household chemicals and rusty scrap.
>>
>>51595409
I was the one that requested the SURGE, and I liked the concept, and was waiting to see it on 'paper' and how it fits. Honestly, it's a good character, one that feels more real than half the Streetsams I have in my games, so I liked it.
So if you put that as an offer in my game, I would say to check with the team if they are okay with the concept for the most part, and then put something in paper. Not any kind of final approvals because I'm used to having players dump the load of building them mechanically to me.
And no problems if you couldn't finish, I was busy on work at the time, but I saw it and I like it.
>>
>>51595222
For Drone Armor at my table:
You can have 3 additional Armor without paying MP, then every 3 Armor = 1 MP. Your limit without penalty is (Body x 3) Armor.

>>51595245
You're correct if its a SS/BF/FA gun, for something to do with your other SA and for recoil management. If your Gun is SA only, you're better off taking a Semi-Auto Burst or Double-Tap. +1 DV is equal to a net hit or 3 Dice, and -2 to their dodge pool is roughly equivalent to a +2 bonus to yours.
>>
>>51595506

I've never made a rigger before, and getting drones to work right is harder than expected.

I've actually still got his chummer file up and am trying to make the drones work. I'll be around for a while yet to try to get it actually functioning, and post it when it's done.
>>
>>51595726
Take your time, just wanted to say that I read, and I liked it.

And drone building is annoying honestly, that's why I stay far away from riggers.
>>
>>51595557
Okay, so at least I'm not an insane powergamer for thinking that maybe they missed to make an exception for armor upgrades.
>>
>>51595854
Oh, and remember that "When you need to use a 0 for the math, like a microdrone’s Body score, use 0.5 instead"
You can add armor to an unarmored Drone, just very little.
>>
>>51573675
My realistic anthroform drone-based E-Ghost is married to his Sensei-mechanic elven wife.

Fuck I love Shadowrun.
>>
>>51595774

Here's what I got so far. I don't know if it's good because I don't know how to rigger. Gave him a decent Command Console so he'll have good matrix Initiative, noise reduction, and can share the weapon targeting program between all of his drones, who use the same gun.

Gave the Roadmaster is the transport for the party, so that they can get in, and out, of a job, and the roadmaster also keeps all his drones in case things go south.

Gave him a duelist and a Doberman for 'at home' protection. He has a garage so he can repair his drones, as well as possibly do jobs for repairing other peoples' shit as well.

Gave him a Math SPU to relate back to his time as a wageslave, an agent to help him keep track of things in the matrix (As well as playing defense when needbe) and... Yeah.

This looks good to me, but if someone else knows Riggers better, feel free to help me out here.
>>
First time DMing. Going to do McHughes's Food Fight.

Any tips and shortcuts that y'all do for NPC's?
>>
>>51595872
Actually, I was more talking about the fact that by RAW, no drone can have an attribute more than double the starting value, and Armor is an attribute for drones and vehicles. Which makes no sense when the armor upgrade talks about the triple the Body limit and most drones can't even reach that limit by RAW.

I personally think it's pretty clear it's intended to be three points of armor per slot, and you can add as much as you want, but you start taking penalties if you exceed three times your Body. They just missed to make an exception for armor. Because seriously, a drone being incapable of having armor on par with a dude wearing armored clothing is pretty silly, particularly since they can't take armor upgrades for cyberlimbs.
>>
>>51597013
Don't do Fast Food Fight, do regular Food Fight, it's the classic for a reason. NPC tips posted upthread, lurk moar.
>>
File: ron-jeremy-482x298.jpg (29KB, 482x298px) Image search: [Google]
ron-jeremy-482x298.jpg
29KB, 482x298px
Alright, so I've got this idea for a Face: former famous male porn star who quit the adult film industry when being a tall, muscular and handsome male metahuman with a large penis was no longer enough to be an A-list porn stud anymore. Unwilling to take the implants necessary to cater to the growing degeneracy of the sixth world, he instead took to the shadows. So, two questions:
>at what point in time did this "being a tall, muscular and handsome male metahuman with a large penis was no longer enough to be an A-list porn stud anymore" occur?
>is it worth it to make him an Adept for Commanding Voice and combat?
>>
>>51597860

Goblinization occured in about 2021, that's when we started having Orks and Trolls, the latter of which would most likely have bigger dicks than humans. In fact, I did the math once.

The average human penis is 5.5 inches (like it or lump it).

Trolls are either 8'2 or 9'2 depending on which edition you're looking at.

the average (american) male is 5'9-ish.

That means that a troll is between 42% and 59% taller than a human. If we wish to correlate height and penis size (Which honestly we SHOULD do in this example)

That means a troll's dick will be between 7.81 inches and 8.75 inches. on average. Meaning there are many that are bigger (moreso in the porn industry)

But, if you don't like the height/length ratio, and would prefer body mass, trolls have an average body mass of 496 to 661 pounds (Again, depending on source book)

The average american human male has a body mass of 177.9 pounds. that makes trolls 179% to 272% larger, which would make their dick sizes more like 15.35 inches and 18 inches. This is why I choose height over body mass. When the average troll can be 18 inches long on AVERAGE, then there is a good change we have trolls with dicks as long as their legs.

SO, to get my point: It would be after 2021 that trolls would get into the porn industry (Because they didn't exist before then). I'd give it a firm 20 years, which then brings us to the night of rage (Ish), so give them another 10 years... 2050 be about the time where just being 'human' isn't a novelty anymore?
>>
>>51598105
>If we wish to correlate height and penis size (Which honestly we SHOULD do in this example)
Debatable, but I'm not asking about this from a metatype point of view, because as I see it all that would do is create a few new subgenres. I'm asking "when was it that you had to have 5 or more cyberdicks to be a respectable porn stud?"
>>
>>51598172
Never. Not at least as far as the books have said. Porn is still mostly normie shit.
>>
>>51598201
Hm. Gonna have to play up the troll angle then. So, how about being an Adept then?
>>
>>51597506
What if you can't do classic food fight because at least one of the players know how it goes?
>>
>>51598213

Adept is hit and miss. The way I see it, if you're an adept, then you can be the best face there is, and that's about it. If you're okay with cyber (just not, ya know, extensive dong modification) you can be a good Face, and then also have ware that lets you do other things, like shoot, or hack, or other things like that.

Personally, I suck at making Adepts. I don't know why. So I always lean towards the mundane route.
>>
>>51598254
Put some kind of bullshit twist on it.
>>
>>51598254
why should that prevent you from running it?
the nice thing about food fight is that it serves as an introduction
sure you may have played it one time
but unless you have the exact same players as before it won't be the same
>>
>>51588725
If we're both rat shamans, we can't get sick
>>
A paraplegic rigger who rides around in a pimped out Dustoff drone used as a kind of flying/walking wheelchair who has a severe addiction to hotsim from interacting with the world almost exclusively through drones. Also may or may not suffer from severe social anxiety when not jacked in, so uses anthroform drones for interactions.

Cool idea?
>>
>SR General
>Dick size discussion
Never change /tg/.
>>
>>51598636
We've had this discussion like 3 times already.
>>
>>51598779
and we've become incredibly efficient at this
>>
>>51598262
I've never made an Adept and I find the prospect a bit scary. I've never made a mage either, but with them I at least know that I want Magic as Priority A and Money as Priority E; I think I'd also want Skills as Priority B and could be flexible with Stats and Metatype. But a Face Adept who does a little combat on the side? I'm at a complete loss at where to put my priorities.
>>
>Sixth World is the setting of Shadowrun
>Fifth World is the world as we know it
>Fourth Worth is the Earthdawn setting
Is there even anything known or hinted at about the Third, Second and First Worlds?
>>
>>51598950
I heard the First World had a lot of problems nobody gave a shit about.
>>
>>51599086
Oh aren't you just a comedian.
>>
>>51598950
Third World would be magic on the upswing with primitive tribes so any basic pulp mag Conan-esque world, builds to preEarthdawn's history

Second World is primitive world, no magic, good luck punching dinos for dinner chummer

First World is probably Eden/Atlantis paradise before somebody fucked everything up, leading to magic fading & having to rebuild with nothing.
>>
>>51599569
chummer, I think you fucked that up
the even worlds have magic, so second, fourth and sixth
the odd worlds don't have magic, so first, third and fifth
>>
File: skills.png (25KB, 666x363px) Image search: [Google]
skills.png
25KB, 666x363px
How is this for a decker? Never played shadowrun so I don't know if any of its useless or I need more/less in some things
>>
>>51598950
First World is Dino's. Second world is life reaching critical biomass and generating enough mana and then dragon Utopia who evolved from Dino's. Third world is after the dinosaur extinction and dragons have gone into hibernation. Then fourth world starts like a hundred thousand years ago and lasts till the horrors show up.
>>
>>51573675

My character is going to ask a stuffer shack troll employee as a human out next session. Might be interesting since we're playing in the 60' where such things are generally frowned upon. But you know, having nice people to talk to while drinking cofee when coming back from a run full of bruises and cuts really make you think about things frown upon.
>>
It says you need 5 hits on Assense to detect a technomancer, but if they're telling people they have a cyberdeck in their body don't you really only need like 2 or 3 hits to tell they're full of shit?
>>
>>51600339
Only if you can know for a fact that they don't have a beta-grade implant.

Or don't wear foliage around their head or otherwise try and interfere with astral perception using tricks.
>>
>>51600451
>foliage around their head
nah, that wouldn't work
your aura penetrates light surrounding material like clothing
even if a guy had full body armor that covered his whole body you still can assense him
>>
>>51600510
I'm mostly joking about the biofiber pocket and a cheaty way of using it that I'm surprised I hadn't heard anyone try yet.

Besides, I think that trying to use that much normal plant goes beyond Distinctive Style and into movement penalties.
>>
File: skadi.png (771KB, 1176x2224px) Image search: [Google]
skadi.png
771KB, 1176x2224px
>>51573675
>And both, will never die. How do you handle romance in the corp world? Is your runner doomed to loneliness, or he fights for the one they love? Is she on this because her waifu is on it as well? Is stalking romantic enough? Any cute stories?

Well, our kissless virgin decker worked up the confidence to hit on my character, the ice queen street Sam. She rebuked him pretty hard, and now the face and mage tease him ruthlessly. Little did they know that she was so harsh because she is also a kissless virgin and pretty much has never been hit on by anyone before. She might not even have genitals considering how extensive her bioware and internal cyberware is.

So I dunno. It might turn out cute.
>>
>>51599985
Get some cerebral boosters, and if you can swing it the Codeslinger quality for either Brute-Force or Hack-On-The-Fly. Ideally, you want to get as close as you can to 15 or more dice for the action you're going to use most, which is gonna be BF or HotF for a Decker.

You should also consider investing a point into Sneaking and Con. The dicepool will be mediocre, but both of those skills see a FUCKTON of use no matter your role, and having a shitty dicepool is still far better than defaulting.

What cyberdeck did you pick, btw?
>>
>>51600663
Even if there are no funparts down there, cant they cuddle, kiss and be close? Assuming this goes somewhere. Or you know.

[Spoiler]Hold hands[Spoiler/]
>>
>>51600885
protip: mark your text and press CTRL+S
>>
>>51600952
Thanks
>>
Can 5th edition be played with the Matrix stuff mostly cut out? I would just be worried character builds would become too limited. I ask since i want to run a game but focus mostly on combat encounters.
>>
>>51601006
Just use a dedicated NPC decker
>>
>>51600885
>attempting to have physical intimacy with the near-soulless murder-machine known as the streetsam
Don't bother. You know what you feel when someone holds your cyberhand? You feel tactile and pressure feedback, maybe their body heat if it's really nice alphaware. But that special touchy-feely social bonding crap that happens when normal people hold hands? You don't feel that. Not with standard ware, not with alphaware and not with betaware. I've heard you can still feel it with deltaware, but good luck getting your hands on that.
>>
>How do you handle romance in the corp world?
Honestly, I really hate that 'romance is dead' spiel in the 5th edition book. It would be more surprising if Ares *didn't* have a malt-shop for the sons and daughters of corpdrones to schmooze within acceptable guidelines. Hell, Horizon's social-ranking network practically invites that sort of stuff.
>>
>>51601148
Someone post the snuggling picture.
>>
>>51601260
I figured that was more of a jaded look at shadowrunner culture. Like in Heat where the guy says don't have anything you can't walk out on
>>
>>51601260
Oh thank god, im so glad im not the only one who was super bothered by that, i swear it was easily the dumbest part of the corebook, by FAR.
>>
>>51601260
>It would be more surprising if Ares *didn't* have a malt-shop for the sons and daughters of corpdrones to schmooze within acceptable guidelines.
Ugh, thanks asshole, now I have diabetes.
>>
>>51601006
>>51601038

Continuing from that, does 5e work well with a heavy focus on combat? or are PCs not really made to take that much punishment? I remember from 4e players were fairly squishy.
>>
>>51601480
A heavy focus on combat is fine, but your players need to learn to take advantage of cover, tactics, environmental shit, and other advantages.
>>
File: 1419851193051.gif (3MB, 412x395px) Image search: [Google]
1419851193051.gif
3MB, 412x395px
>tfw the Ork Razergirl you're sweeting on is the younger sister of the leader of Montpelier's roughest and most xenophobic go-gang and you're a weedy Decker with a Dodge Scoot
>>
>>51601480
>Continuing from that, does 5e work well with a heavy focus on combat?
Does a bear shit in the woods?
>>
>>51601510

That sounds fair, luckily our group is adept at tactics and combat from other games.
>>
>>51601511
Maybe if you hadn't thrown up in the rigger's Hyundai, you'd have a better ride, but nooooooo, you just couldn't keep it down after 1 tear gas grenade.
>>
>>51601511
I kinda want a bit more explanation behind this.
>>
>>51601511
>you're a weedy Decker with a Dodge Scoot

1. Control Device to drive car away to a place they won't get to for a few hours
2. Illegally Change Ownership

Congratulations. Now you're a weedy decker with whatever damn vehicle you you want.
>>
Hey /btg/, I'm starting to cook up some sort of power armour system based loosely on how battletech handles mechs. That is to say, hit locations, internal crits, armour and structure pips. As it stands I'm still in the concept stage, but I was wondering if anyone had those proposed autocannon fixes one of the trips had posted like a year ago? Just for more inspiration. Does anyone have any idea what I'm on about?
>>
>>51601822
Hahaha disregard that I suck cocks
>>
>>51601868
>/btg/
>I suck cocks
We noticed
>>
Does anyone know a good vehicle focused splat book for 5th edition, or that can easily work in 5th edition. I'm starting up a new campaign and want to play a Japanese street racer turned Runner
>>
What are some good qualities for a decker, outside of codeslinger? I've found a few mediocre or interesting, but nothing that sounds really good or useful.

>>51602201
Did you check rigger 5? It has car mods and new models to play around.
>>
File: 1450812045386.gif (557KB, 214x188px) Image search: [Google]
1450812045386.gif
557KB, 214x188px
>>51602269
Overclocker is pretty handy I find, being able to patch up your configuration's dumpstat or put that extra little bump into Attack/Sleeze.

>>51601558
>mfw you remembered
>>
File: bioslime.jpg (6KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
bioslime.jpg
6KB, 480x360px
I am going to have a spirit melt a large amount of people and turn the slime into a kaiju.
Does this fit in shadowrun?
>>
>>51602655
I'd personally say Kaiju-sized would be pushing it into the real far-end of Pink Mohawk, but that's just me. There'd also be the issue of why the runners would be dealing with it and not letting Knight Errant or some other corp outfit take over at that point.
>>
>>51602703
the runners are dealing with it because they are unfortunate enough to be charged with assassinating/extracting/stealing from one of the meltees.
>>
>>51602703
My guess would involve being some of the only ones at the concert that weren't goo-ed.

So it's less deal with and more surviving it.
>>
>>51602718
>>51602703
and the melting sort of happened on mission.
>>
Alright, I've never fucked with Priority Gen ever before. If I want to make an Adept Infiltrator with a focus on Blades, what the hell priorities am I probably looking at?
>>
File: greater toxic free spirit.jpg (15KB, 400x210px) Image search: [Google]
greater toxic free spirit.jpg
15KB, 400x210px
>>51602610
Not many chummers run in Montpelier, omae.

>>51602655
>into a kaiju.
Well I'm not sure where that bit fits in, but this sounds like the work of a toxic shaman or, heaven forbid, a Greater Toxic Free Spirit.
>>
>>51602808
I would've thought it would be horror or bug spirit territory.
Toxic spirits I expect to be more about, you know, that picture you posted.
Hexxus is the fucking best and I want to have him in every game.

Too bad I usually can't take toxic spirits as contacts, can't play a toxic mage, and players are super paranoid and immediately hostile around toxic spirits.
>>
>>51602845

>Too bad I usually can't take toxic spirits as contacts, can't play a toxic mage, and players are super paranoid and immediately hostile around toxic spirits.

Make better characters.
>>
>>51602878
I don't understand how that would allow me to introduce toxic NPCs.
>>
>>51602898

Make the character not a pile of dicks, and your players might not kill them instantly.
>>
>>51602932
Now that's just extremely optimistic.
>>
>>51602845
Bug spirits don't really have interest in melting you; if they wanted a really big host, they'd try to get a whale or something. Horror are more of a backburner threat, so toxic shamans/spirits are really the only candidates for liquefying a mass of people and turning the goo into one big monster.
>>
>>51602932
>>51602943
>not bringing in the toxic mages alive for the million nuyen bounty
Scrubs.
>>
>>51602943

I'm the guy who likes taking character concepts that people wouldn't normally accept, and then writing a character that they would accept.

If I can write a Toxic Blood mage PC and make it a respectable character that could be let into a game, you can write a god damned Toxic Shaman who the PC's might not try to kill.
>>
>>51603008
>acceptable toxic mage pc
Man you live somewhere better.
>>
>>51603029

it was right here on /tg/. I wrote it earlier today. Still have the pastebin.

http://pastebin.com/bQN3yFJc
>>
>>51603047
the same /tg/ that hates anything as mild as surge?
>>
>>51603137

Yup. here was the response to the toxic blood mage: >>51594615

And here ( >>51595506 ) is another chummer saying he liked a Surge character concept I made.

all you need to do is make characters that aren't fucking bags of dicks.
>>
>>51603212
see, this assumes a lot of leeway that you just don't see most times.
>>
>>51603137
SURGE is fine (unless you don't like it on principle). People hate furries and using SURGE to cheese.
>>
>>51603232

You'll get more leeway if your characters aren't bags of dicks. Seriously, people will have more open minds if you make good characters, before you make good character sheets.

Also, stop making me say "Bags of dicks" over and over again, damnit.
>>
>>51603248

IMO, you're right. But, people just ASSUME that if you're going surge (even mild) that it's furries or cheese without giving it a chance.
>>
>>51603255
I'm not the one forcing you do use the same phrase a bunch.
And you're assuming these characters are shut down after the presentation, and not at first mention of using one of the risky mechanics.
>>
>>51602790
Two builds:
>Human
A-Attribute
B-Skills
C/D- Magic/Money (Depens on opinion)
E - Metatype
>Troll
A- Attributes
B-Metatype
C/D-Magic/Skills
E-Money

Honestly, depends a lot on what you wanna focus. Infiltrators and Adepts are both very mixed on how they get their juice, any combination of Money/Skills/Magic can give you a nice edge, it's just a matter of what you feel makes your character yours. Find something you like, and build around it.
>>
>>51594615
>Is worth over a million nuyen to anyone that can read her aura without even needing an assensing test
>>
>>51603047
>Followers of mutation conspire to control, manipulate, and change all living things. To that end, they spread pollution and corruption in subtle ways to make the change of mutation happen.

>the thoughts and motivations of a toxic Awakened embody the worst and darkest possibilities of mankind. The thought of a powerful metaplanar force that embodies the purest form of these motivations is truly chilling.

>This mentor spirit [..] can be seen and heard by those it chooses, and even physically interact with its followers. Your mentor spirit can have significant influence over you, giving you benefits when you remain true or punishing you if you go astray (usually with temporary reductions to your Magic rating).

>There is no real understanding of the nature of mentor spirits, but their general goal is clear: They want to keep Awakened individuals on the path that helped introduce the mentor spirit to the Earth in the first place.

Toxic mage by itself *might* be able to not be a total shit until they go off the deep end (never far off), but then you threw blood magic on top of that, and a toxic mentor spirit who will absolutely fuck them up if they aren't consistently willing to follow Mutation's agenda, regardless of consequence.

In short, all awakened will automatically notice the PC is fucked up and worth a massive bounty, any one who spends time with them will be subjected to pollution and corruption on purpose, and the sooner they die, the sooner the party can relax and get shit done.
>>
>>51603370

You're not wrong. I did state that liberties needed to be taken with the character, so mechanically, I assumed some Masking (or whatever the metamagic for hiding your astral signature is or whatever) would be in there as well (Blood magic already requires initiation, so having more than one isn't out of the question)

>>51603389

This could just be me, but Mentor spirits have never been THAT in-your-face about their agenda.

>There is no real understanding of the nature of mentor spirits, but their general goal is clear: They want to keep Awakened individuals on the path that helped introduce the mentor spirit to the Earth in the first place.

That line right there really isn't that hard to follow, with the character written as-is, though.

Finally: It's a toxic blood mage. of COURSE it is going to have more problems than an autist convention. I didn't say it was a perfect character, just written to be a respectable one.
>>
Anyone also have a problem with the PDF exportation of chummer ? Doesn't show values in some places or randomly gets corrupted.

Apparently even when I export it as HTML and then convert it online it loses some values.
>>
>>51598105
If I knew which 34DD was used to get the average, I'd wonder a little less what those numbers would give us for the average bra size of a troll.
>>
>>51603535

Honestly, I'm inclined to believe that trolls would actually have really small breasts by proportion. Breasts are mostly fatty tissue, and trolls are super big on muscles. As a result, you'd get large bras (to wrap around their giant bodies) but small-ish cup sizes.
>>
File: 9fadcb026c1ae0ef617de8bd352307a0.jpg (182KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
9fadcb026c1ae0ef617de8bd352307a0.jpg
182KB, 1080x1920px
>>51603487
Should work fine, but it's basically just something I bolted on under protest.

Can you show me a .chum5 file and the resulting pdf? I'll see if I can replicate it.
>>
>>51603467
>This could just be me, but Mentor spirits have never been THAT in-your-face about their agenda.
They are, but most have an agenda that's less self-destructive than toxic mentors.

>That line right there really isn't that hard to follow, with the character written as-is, though.
So they're constantly spreading pollution and corruption, looking to affect ever greater numbers of people? Manipulating, controlling, and changing anyone they can, no matter who that might be? Suffering for not following their mentor in all things?

The problem isn't that the character has issues, it's that you're playing down the negative aspects of the character's external drives, insidious desires, and the consequences of trying to remain a person rather than a force of toxicity.

>A toxic will invariably make their home at a location that has seen considerable environmental damage due to pollution of some kind. This can be an urban environment that has been the site of (legal or not) dumping of industrial byproducts, a rural area that was the site of some environmental disaster, or other such area.

Just something else to throw out there.
>>
File: Broken_Sheet.png (214KB, 1915x1042px) Image search: [Google]
Broken_Sheet.png
214KB, 1915x1042px
>>51603598
Always on point yekka, thanks hella for being so quick to respond.
>>
>>51603609

The only thing I can't really argue is the 'subtle pollution spreading.' Everything else can be explained away by her desire to actually improve the world, instead of just letting shit happen like she used to, as well as the self improvement reflected in her cutting herself to punish herself for failure (Weak, but I'm tired).

Also, she still lives in the sewers. If I can't call that a location of pollution, I'm not sure what is.

Also, there's a lot that I'm kinda leaving 'up in the air' because it also depends on what kind of a game the GM and players are running.
>>
>>51603694
Well, that's interesting. Um. Does it just do a split at that location, or is the content on other pages? Can you send the file to me at [email protected] or nya.is or something?
>>
>>51603774
It doesn't split, the file just sends an error and says there's a problem with the content. I'm sending you over the file.
>>
>>51603274
If the guy making random characters is still around, there's your challenge. Fuck Killer Kroc up there, do a random roll SURGE II/III and see what comes out of it. Points if you turn it from a concept into an actually viable character.
>>
File: 1966039-27.jpg (64KB, 600x1122px) Image search: [Google]
1966039-27.jpg
64KB, 600x1122px
>>51604066
Forgot pic.
>>
Biometric swapping spells - are there any? Not adept powers, just the spells. Looking at running a mage who is a good little corporate wage slave daily, and a night an unlicensed magician with a shitty fake SIN wired to his biometrics.
>>
>>51603839
Urgggg, this is going to be a fucker. God I hate third-party libraries. I'll see what I can do about it.
>>
>>51604066

Full random Roll? Sure, I fucked up my sleep schedule.
>>
New Thread

>>51604651
>>51604651
>>51604651
Thread posts: 363
Thread images: 58

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.