[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/gurpsgen/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 123
Thread images: 16

File: 1485923980728.pdf (1B, 486x500px)
1485923980728.pdf
1B, 486x500px
GURPS general
>life is too short edition

So my last (and first) character just died and l have 50 points to spend on one or more special, supernatural abilities for my new character.
He's a paranormal detective, an occult investigator with good DX and even better lQ.
What's an useful ability for this kind of character? Maybe something for him to get out of trouble, or something really weird and versatile, like infrared vision, or telepathy, or the ability to turn into an owl.
l do not have much experience with the system, so please give me some advice if you can.
>>
File: 1485441556884.png (490KB, 850x680px) Image search: [Google]
1485441556884.png
490KB, 850x680px
Making a detective character for a horror/supernatural game. 75 points, -30 in defects. Modern day setting.

What's some fun things I can do?
>>
>>51568479

Oh my god your pic is of a true hellbeast, what is it called?

Anyways, your question: are you allowed supernatual traits at all?

I'd grab allies/rank/status/whatever the GM requires with the police at moderate levels and keep upping it, guns and getting the men in blue to turn a blind eye can always be useful. And to get first dibs on civil forfeiture.
>>
>>51568595
I have to keep him relatively normal: not any supernatural powers himself.

Try converting this to GURPS.
>>
So what happened with the dungeon fantasy kickstarter? Did SJG take the money and run?
>>
>>51568479
At low points I always suggest some Contacts and Allies. They are great for everyone but at low point levels it's very good to have someone that can help you with things that you can't handle yourself.

Reputation is very cheap and quite useful. Just Reputation (Hero Cop +4, Recognized 1/2 the time, covers everyone in 1 city) cost all of 4 points, but can really help when you bump into the law and people that respect it.
>>
>>51568762
Nope, it's still on track to deliver in May. Given that it's February now they have plenty of time.
>>
File: 1481673613881.jpg (188KB, 1300x962px) Image search: [Google]
1481673613881.jpg
188KB, 1300x962px
>>51568360
Well, thanks to me getting my life on track with a new job and house, I have summarially lost the equivelant time to game, as life keeps throwing me curveballs to the nuts. So unfortunately no AAR's for Stargate 1888 or Grimwyrd this week folks.

On the upside, I'm no longer on EI and I have a home, which is nice. Now I just gotta make regular free time a thing again
>>
>>51568762
>>51568882
First SJG certainly won't just take the money and run. They've been around for too long and have a sterling reputation for customer service.

Second, the box got kicked to August because they want to include the stretch goals in the box.
>>
Trying to make a character who shoots people with a gun, but applies debuffs as well through the attack, any ideas on how to accomplish this with GURPS?
>>
>>51571048
Best debuffs from gunshoot at vitals, eyes, legs-knees.
>>
>>51571170
well sure, i get that, but i want to attach like an affliction or something equivalent onto it as a rider effect, mostly for flavour reasons, that and the GM handed out some extra points for character creation.
>>
File: PI.pdf (1B, 486x500px)
PI.pdf
1B, 486x500px
>>51568479
Here's a basic suggestion. Keeps it pretty simple, builds a ex-solider, ex-cop and decent investigator. If you deiced to build from here you still have space for 10 points of disadvantages and might want a police ally.
>>
>>51571328
Fancy glitter gunshot fx [1] + skill level +4 [16] pretty equal to Affliction (HT; Unconsciousness, +200%.; Follow-up (My Magic Gun), +50%; Magic, -10%) [34].
>>
>>51571640
thanks! just needed the basic formating though i like the idea of glitter gunshot, thatll be a lot of fun....suddenly shooting someone with a glitter cannon
>>
>>51568360
I need help. GURPS has everything, so what would I look for if I need a setting that has a demon world? Like DOOM or YuYuHakusho
>>
How would you stat the different lightsaber fighting styles in the OT and NT? Where in in the OT it was all slow, calculated with a few feints and probing attacks (and supposedly, a lot of force precognition and the fate of the whole galaxy weighting down on their shoulders), and the all flashy and backflippy style of the NT where they basically attack every second and use and abuse the force to keep moving.
>>
>>51572596
One approach would be to make it only one style. In the OT, we only see lightsaber fights between old men, paraplegics, and youths with incomplete training; it's not the fighting styles that are different but the fighters. The style in the NT would include Acrobatics and use the Wuxia/Chambara rules from Martial Arts either as a campaign switch or accessed through a Extra Options perk that's part of the style.

If you want to go full EU, the wiki lists the eight or so lightsaber styles, a good number of which can be easily translated to GURPS styles (the latter ones are stupidly situational "styles" that boil down to another style but done by a novel's protag who used a trick).
>>
>>51572585
Fantasy has some advice on writing up hellscapes. Are you looking for premade Hells?
>>
>>51573061
I'm not sure the "old men and paraplegics" holds up to anything, Yoda and Palpatine are already old when they have their showdown in the Senate. And in the new canon material, Vader still kicks ass.
I really think it's Lucas changing his mind between the OT and NT.
>>
>>51568360
Precognition, Danger Sense, and many varieties of Detect are great for staying ahead of whatever's gunning for you. How did your last character die?
>>
>>51573144
Vader does still kick ass (Rogue One was great, but that scene alone was worth the price of admission), but he does so as someone with chronic pain and health issues and cybernetic limbs that may not allow the easy flow of the force while beating down non-Jedi/mooks.

Also apparently aging hit both Yoda and Palpatine like a freighter full of bricks; in 16 years, Yoda went from backflipping master that could wipe out a regiment with his lightsaber alone to hobbling around on a cane and dying of old age.

If you do want the OT to have its own style, using Kendo as a base would work seeing as how Lucas used kendo as a a direct inspiration for lightsaber duels. Also Martial Arts already has a force-sword style, though I don't remember if it's more NT or OT.
>>
>>51573146
A bunch of bad rolls and bullets to the head.
>>
Hey, never played GURPS before but I'm currently looking over the rules for use in a future game and I have a question: Does the game become unbalanced if you don't have many skills and advantages/disadvantages? Because I'm looking through the lists and because of the focused nature of the game its like 75% of these just will never be used. But I look at their example characters and every one of them is just this massive list of skills and shit.
>>
>>51574246
And why you want use GURPS, if cut off its bread&butter in form of detailed lists and crunch details?
>>
>>51574314
Because the system works well. But I'm doing a fucking adventure game, no one is ever going to need housekeeping, lighting calculator, or Legal immunity. Seriously man, I could have them but it will never be used.
>>
>>51574246
>>51574314
>>51574450
The game isn't perfectly balanced to begin with, nothing will be terribly broken if you only allow relevant skills, advantages and disadvantages.
>>
>>51574500
Alright, good to know. I just didn't want to have my players building characters and feeling cheated because most of their very esoteric or specific skills were never used.
>>
>>51574520
I would actually encourage that you make sure your players know what will be relevant. As you've said it, it sucks to spend points on something you barely ever get to use.
>>
>>51574246
Look at Action or Dungeon Fantasy templates for more adventure-centric examples.
>>
>>51574648
Will do
>>
Are enemies who use random hit locations more or less deadly than enemies who always target the torso?
>>
>>51575019
Depends.
>Spending only for front torso armour and become unhitable
>Or get groin hits and both arms crippled
>>
File: 1481738807597.png (87KB, 775x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1481738807597.png
87KB, 775x1000px
>>51575100
More, obviously, as youre adding the chance a random hit from a mook could hit the skull or something else

The number of rolls against the players are an order of magnitude greater than the number of rolls in the other direction. When you add a chance for extra damage or variety, that gets amplified by the larger number of rolls. Youre playing the numbers in a much deadlier fashion
>>
File: detectivy.pdf (1B, 486x500px)
detectivy.pdf
1B, 486x500px
>>51568635

Ugh, I never do D&D conversions, but Deep Goose fits as a name.

Anyways, pity about the ban on Supernatural powers, I did a game in 3E once and we just weren't allowed overt ones. I got Magery 0 and some other stuff, let me smell magic, it was...interesting.

Anyways, I threw this together, more a starting lens than a template.

>>51572585
Doom and YYH are pretty different flavour wise.

>>51574246
It CAN become unbalanced, but it's not intrinsic. If the players all have a low number of skills and advantages, but the monsters/baddies do, that becomes unbalanced. If some players have lots and some have less, then there might be imbalance.

So long as everything is on the same 'level' you shouldn't have a problem. I'd suggest using BANG! skills, they cut down on the skill bloat a lot.
>>
>>51574246
Check out Wildcard skills. They exist for exactly this reason. The abilities are less of a problem. As GM you are expected to come up with a shortened list of the allowed ones.
>>
>>51573087
>Are you looking for premade Hells?
Yes>
>51575471
>Doom and YYH are pretty different flavour wise.
Not about flavor. Just that I need to set the stage in a fleshed out way like they do.
>>
>>51576412
Check out Locations - Hellsgate.
It's not exactly what you want. Basically it's demons getting pissed at their big boss and they come to some desert to establish a city of their own, away from Hell. But still very much with its culture.
>>
Enemy is in you same square and tries to punch you, can you parry with a range 1 weapon like a rapier if you side step?

Also, can you parry a bite attack?
>>
>>51577960
The parry section of the lite rules say you can, but I see no reason the full rules wouldn't let you. It's considered an unarmed attack, just like punch.
>>
>>51577960
You can parry with no penalty if you step out of close combat, or at -2 if you stay there.

I don't see why not.
>>
How long does an average combat session in a gurps game go on? I'm thinking about doing this Play By Post but that means 1 to 3 posts a day, which if this system takes a while to finish combat will render it too slow.
>>
>>51580135
Oof.

At least 5 turns per player, maybe? Depends on what weapons they are toting.

You can speed it up like crazy if you insist the players have high skill levels and certain techniques, so they can do called shots for overwhelming damage and take out mooks with moderate speed.
>>
>>51580833
You think it could be sped up by just tearing out most of the system and leaving only the basics of attacking and defending? Stuff like readying weapons (especially ranged) or changing posture effectively eat up turns.
>>
File: Liquid_Snake.png (94KB, 157x401px) Image search: [Google]
Liquid_Snake.png
94KB, 157x401px
Is there any way to make this character with only 100 points, no limit on disadvantages?
>>
>>51581285
Or even just tearing everything out except attack and defense systems. You can either attack and have an active defense or do an all out attack and not have an active defense. At least in that way there would be no fucking around, it would just be a slugging match that would probably end fast.

Though it might pulp your players quick.
>>
>>51573370
Get yo'self some Luck my man.
>>
>>51575282
At the same time though, many hit locations result in less lethality; losing a foot or arm sucks, but the injury is capped at 1/3 and 1/2 HP respectively, while a hit to the torso would have resulted in full damage.

A PC in my current game was saved by the random hit location table.
>>
File: 31085_131702600188486_5793646_n.jpg (37KB, 643x427px) Image search: [Google]
31085_131702600188486_5793646_n.jpg
37KB, 643x427px
>>51574246
You only need to use as many advantages and skills as you'd like to. Start simple and build up, the more complicated characters and sheets will come around later.
>>
>>51580833
Just drop mooks to background details. They don't even warrant rolls beyond maybe "roll Guns to clear out this room of baddies in time."

Everything is resolved via one-on-one duels.
>>
Why in god's name does Ultra-Tech's Anti-Materiel Rifle have a fucking LC of 3, the same as the hunting rifle and the pistols? I get the logic of RoF being the main determiner of LC, but that rifle fires 15mm rounds at ranges of up to 9km with enough force to penetrate armored vehicles; that it's only RoF 3 is irrelevant.
>>
>>51581285

Maybe. Might actually make it take longer, because there would be no way to lower the enemies defence rolls. So it would come down to stand up slogs.

If you mean just nixing readying weapons and posture changing that's...Honestly, I'm not sure, but it would remove combat openings.
>>
File: 1482200865708.jpg (358KB, 640x960px) Image search: [Google]
1482200865708.jpg
358KB, 640x960px
>>51586121
UT kinda sucks. This is one of several examples of things that simply doesn't fit, so yeah, I'd certainly say that LC 2 is perfectly reasonable.

The justification may be that some AMR are legal for civilian ownership in the modern United States, as .50BMG weapons are just under the legal limit to be the much harder to get 'destructive devices'.
>>
How do you effectively start running a game in GURPS?

Do you make an actual summary of the rules you intend to use? A specific player's handbook for your game, if you will?
>>
File: alternityboth.jpg (64KB, 500x333px) Image search: [Google]
alternityboth.jpg
64KB, 500x333px
Would it be easy to tinker with hit points and weapon damage in GURPS?

I'm impressed by the amount of material available for GURPS and I quite like using 3d6 for its distribution of results, but there are some aspects of Alternity I'm not really willing to let go.

>Success levels
First off, checks or tests in Alternity can result in several different success levels. Your basic target number for a skill denotes an ordinary result. Half that number is the target for a good result. A fourth of the original TN is the target for an amazing result.

>Hit points
Alternity has more than one pool of hit points. Stun points indicate superficial injuries. When they run out, you lose consciousness but will recover unless someone finishes the job. Wound points indicate more serious injuries. When they run out, you lose consciousness and will probably die unless you receive medical attention quickly. Mortal points indicate lethal injuries. Even losing a single point will start triggering survival rolls. Failure means certain death, as does losing all of your mortal points.
Half of your wound or mortal damage also flows through to the 'underlying' types as secondary damage. For instance, suffering 4 wound points of damage also causes you to lose 2 stun points as secondary damage. Suffering 4 mortal points would cause you to lose both 2 wound and 2 stun points.
While the primary damage can be reduced by armor, secondary damage is always based on the initial, unmodified damage.

>Weapon damage
Because hit points are divided into three categories, weapons don't just have a single listed damage value either. Each weapon has three damage values, which ties back into the success levels. Ordinary damage is usually stun damage, although particularly dangerous weapons may already cause wounds at this level. Good damage usually causes wounds, but some light weapons still stun at this point. Amazing damage is usually mortal, but again, some light weapons only wound with an amazing result.
>>
>>51590149
Some of the upsides of this are that it's still worthwhile to advance in a given skill after the returns start diminishing for your basic target number.

There may not be much of a difference between 15 and 16 as a basic target number, but this would also increase your good and amazing target numbers to 8 and 4 respectively. That is worth the investment.

Combat also feels very vibrant. You can expect to lose stun points mostly, and these are regained fully at the end of every combat scene. If your character gets a chance to take a breather, new fights won't immediately start whittling away at a single pool of hit points that's already been depleted. It gives you a fighting chance if you end up in a series of engagements.

At the same time, a particularly skilled enemy or a very lucky blow could kill you with a single hit. There's still that sense of lethality and danger in every fight.

This is basically why I haven't switched to GURPS outright.
>>
>>51575100
Use random hits where thematically appropriate. The panicked mook is blasting away at the PC storm trooper style? Probably give him a low skill and roll random locations. A fairly level headed goon placing a couple of shots at a target he's actively aiming at? Torso shots.
>>
>>51586121
Legality class is mostly based in US availability. In the US it is possible to legally own antimaterial rifles. It's not easy or cheap, but it's possible. The Anzio immediately jumps to mind, as does the lahti. Both of those are just rifles according to US law.
>>
>>51590257
That's wrong. Barret M82 is LC2, for example. And description of LC2 includes situation when in some countries military equipment can be available for civilians.
>>
>>51590007
1. Read "How to be a GURPS GM" (It's short).
2. Use the Campaign Planning Sheet, available from the SJgames website.

In short, yes. Decide what the game will be about, trim/focus the skill list if necessary, tell players what types of advantages and disadvantages with what point totals will be allowed (and bucket values if you use those), and a list of optional rules and campaign toggles you will be using (ex. "martial arts added hit locations and injuries, but with mook rules, cinematic explosions and the ham clause, plus streamlined combat and range band rules from Action".
>>
>>51590007
Oh and yes, some people do build a full on "player handbook" for a given campaign, though I have never found it necessary personally except for the fun of making handouts. Usually one or two pages max are 'needed', and I personally rarely even do that.
>>
>not playing gurps in current year
>>
>>51590149
>Would it be easy to tinker with hit points and weapon damage in GURPS?
Not easy. Not impossible but not easy.

>Success levels
I'd call this something like success by 5 is a good result and success by 10 is a critical success (this last isn't even a house rule).

>Hit points
Stun Points sound a whole lot like Fatigue Points mechanically. Probably not an exact match but pretty close. Wound points sound like Hit Points + Bleeding. Mortal points are just Hit Point loss below -1x.

>Weapon damage
Success dealing greater wounding effects in GURPS is covered by higher damage dice + Wounding Modifiers + Hit Locations. Thrust-1 crushing is going to do less injury than Swing+3 impaling. Any hit to the torso will do less damage than an identical hit to the vitals. The skill level comes in when from hitting more sensitive areas. They require higher skill due to penalties.

I'd suggest trying to embrace and understand the differences in order to compare rather than remake Alternity in GURPS. Maybe after you get very familiar with GURPS you will see that there really is a lack and you should port over some of the mechanics. At that point, write a Pyramid article and get paid to make the rules expansion official.

GURPS is Borg. Your rules will be assimilated.
>>
Creating a character in GURPS, an Olympic swimmer. Would like your thoughts, /gurpsgen/.

HT 11, increased Water Move by 2, Fit, Swimming-17. Any other suggestions? Upping ST perhaps? I want to keep the budget at 50 pts, which is tight, I know, for an Olympian.
>>
>>51593785
HT has to go waaay up, needs to be at least 13.

Breath holding and Breath control
>>
>>51586121

big game alien huntin
>>
>>51592622
Other games are cool too, but there's just something magical about GURPS that keeps me coming back. Every single time I stray, I find myself longing to return. There's just no other game quite like it, it evokes feelings for me that no other game ever has.

These days I usually just read other RPGs and shamelessly steal philosophies or mechanics ideas I like from them to port into GURPS campaigns.

It's not a perfect system, but it's easily one of the best that exists.
>>
>>51596262

I agree with you 100%, so often that magic is "I wish I could do X in this system."

I feel like GURPS is like legos, like minecraft, everything fits together no matter what you build.

I will say this though: There are systems that are better for their niche, but they tend to be heavily thematic single settings.
>>
File: 1429769818500.png (491KB, 403x538px) Image search: [Google]
1429769818500.png
491KB, 403x538px
>>51596262
Have the picture version, friendo.
>tfw haven't played GURPS in a long while.
It's about all I want in life these days.
>>
>>51597313
Same anon. Maybe one day I will get off my ass and plan one of the 3 or 4 campaign ideas I have, invite some loners from /gurpsgen/. The planning stage is intimidating.
>>
>>51568360
Hey gurpsfriends

I want to preach the glories of GURPS to my DM and fellow gamerfriends but....there are lots of gurps books and not lots of money for books in my budget

Can anyone help a poor lad out with some PDFs?
>>
>>51600112

check op

That's a pdf lad
>>
I never realized that Action 4 split up the lenses between realistic Skill Sets and cinematic Powerups. This is going to make chargen for my tactical cyberpunk operators games much easier.
>>
3e or 4e senpai?
im just getting into GURPS
>>
>>51603300
4e, no question.
>>
File: CxlQb7hUAAEywU0.jpg (114KB, 620x929px) Image search: [Google]
CxlQb7hUAAEywU0.jpg
114KB, 620x929px
>>51603300
4th edition is better supported and more refined. The only reason to go for 3rd is if you are on a very strict budget and want dead tree copies, as you can get 3ed material VERY cheap, or if you really want the extremely detailed, if hard, rules to create your own cars, trucks, tanks and 'mechs.
>>
>>51603300
4e is a better 3e.
>>
Inspired by >>51596262:

What's your favorite thing you've imported to GURPS? How much work did you have to do to get it to fit? How close is the GURPS version to the original?

Alternatively, post shit for other systems you want to port to GURPS but don't know how and let us have a go at them.
>>
Do you think there are any traits that are significantly under- or overpriced?

The only thing I can think of is that increasing Will or Per skills past a certain point costs 4CP/level even though Will and Per only cost 5CP/level, and the latter is way better from the former.
>>
So I'm making an enemy general for my campaign, and I want him to have the special trait that projectile attacks never hit him. He doesn't have an especially high dodge or especially high abilities, but he is blessed or supernaturally lucky in such a way that no ranged attack from farther than 1 yard can hit him, ever, and it never looks unnatural either, arrows always whiz close by, skilled archers cramp up or the wind turns unfavorably or they get the sun or some dust in their eyes. Point is he never gets hit and it doesn't look like there's anything specifically magic about it, he just doesn't get hit because of convenient coincidences.

Now, as a GM I could always just say that it is so, however since I'm planning for him to be recurring and important, I figured I'd do a full character sheet for him.

Question is: Does such an advantage exist in GURPS or should I write my own? In case of the latter, how many points sounds reasonable? Basically I want all non-point blank ranged attacks against him to automatically miss.
>>
>>51607092
DR 10 (Only ranged attacks from 1+ yard; hardened; forcefield) + IT ( Damage Reduction /1000) (Only ranged attacks from 1+ yard)
>>
>>51607092
There are several ways to do it because GURPS. I would probably make it Super Luck 12 (Aspected, Combat, Ranged Attacks Only, -100%; Wishing, +100%) [1,200]. Then I'd make that an Alternate Ability of Luck (and NEVER use that Luck) to bring the cost down to [240].

Or I'd make it a limited form of Insubstantiality with a special effect that attacks seem to miss rather than pass through limited to ranged attacks only. This way would probably cost somewhere around 50 points depending on your GM.
>>
>>51607439
>Then I'd make that an Alternate Ability of Luck (and NEVER use that Luck) to bring the cost down to [240].
This is not how alternate abilities work. You have to buy most expensive one for full cost.
>>
>>51607092
Since it's not dodging and affects the shooter, it sounds more like a curse affecting whoever shoots at him.
>>
>>51607757
I knew that. What I didn't know was what in the hell I was thinking. Except for the AA bit and some extra limitations it works.
>>
>>51607341
That maybe could work mechanically to make him immune to ranged attacks, but I want it apply to all projectiles, including catapult stones, ballista bolts and innate attacks.

>>51607816
That's one way to about it I suppose, but then it wouldn't affect stray shots and every other attack that doesn't have a shooter.

Fluff wise, he is a general slightly favored by a goddess whose domain is luck and fate, for example if grenades existed in this setting (it's TL1), then if one went off near him, all the fragments would miss him, but any air pressure from the explosion would still hurt him. Arrows fired at him may be moved aside by a small gust of wind, or a temperature differential or maybe a defect in the wood, or a loose fletching. That's the general feeling I want.

I was looking to stat the effect because down the line it could be possible for the players to obtain the same (or similar) blessing.

>>51607439
Basing it on Super Luck is what I had in mind but it seems too expensive and giving it to players seems like a bad idea.
>>
>>51605791
Eberron, the campaign setting.
Pretty.much just running the game with warforged and wizards and dragons, but all starting on 250 point characters. Never even strayed out of basic set to do it.
>>
>>51608012
Dude, being immune to all ranged attacks should be expensive.

For the record, though, I'd add Nuisance Effect, Cannot Force Critical Failures, -20%, to the Super Luck; stuff will miss, but the blessing won't cause grenades to become duds or rifles to jam.
>>
Why I should respect GURPS when Fate do what GURPS do but better?
>>
>>51609668
Why I should respect Fate when GURPS does what Fate does but better?
>>
>>51598589
What are your ideas? Might be good for inspiration if nothing else.
>>
>>51605791
Anima's Ki mechanics. It's not perfect but it's damn close and 95% RAW.
>>
>>51606582
The disadvantage Supersensitive. Sizeable penalties to both DX and IQ for only [-15].
>>
>>51609668
>>51609676
Neither of these posts are true, get that shitty system supremacy bullshit out of here.
>>
>>51609580
Didn't dip in to Dungeon Fantasy even?
>>
>>51609678
Just stuff focused on
>GURPS Aztecs, aztec mysticism makes an unexpected and dangerous comeback previous to the spanish invasion, and falls in the wrong hands, players must stop it, aztec fantasy in general
>GURPS Martial Arts, semi-historical mishmash of what the players think are cool styles fight increasingly supernatural threats
>GURPS Powers, the players are small time vigilantes in a modern metropolis. Medium austerity, it's cinematic in nature but the characters have to avoid calling public notice, and are still in constant danger.
>GURPS Thaumatology, all players are students of Symbol magic and go on dangerous adventures, don't think harry potter, think more... little witch academia, maybe.

Even from the outset some of these ideas are more fleshed out than the others as you can see, I just have never GM'd, or written anything, and I don't know how to take these ideas anywhere resembling a plot and how to execute them. I hope you have better luck than me.
>>
>>51607092
Injury Tolerance (Damage Reduction /1000) (Cosmic: Rounds down, Accessibility: Only on ranged attacks from >1 yard away) + Schick (Attacks negated by Injury Tolerance appear to have missed naturally)
>>
>>51609821

Unless it's our superiority to D&D

>>51608012
>>51609618

Easier to do in 3E--Passive Defence.

That's one thing 3E did easier, luck based characters dodge, or how ever you want to call it (sorry, running on little sleep)

>>51612363

It's polite to post the point cost
>>
I know this has probably been discussed to death, but is there any way to make an innate attack or a punch vampiric/draining? Leech requires long sustained contact, and I was hoping for something more elegant that relying on an imbuement.
>>
File: 14760957287343.jpg (126KB, 640x853px) Image search: [Google]
14760957287343.jpg
126KB, 640x853px
Want a game in renaissance grimdark fantasy with modern guns magic equivalent. Like every gun has a spirit/daemon/elder thing/soul of previous wielder/faith, and if he satisfied, he will provide a shots to keep gun shooting. Lots of dakka, least of armour.
What i should take into account for shooting madness in addition to survivable guns?
>>
>>51613443
Put enhancements on Leech that reduce the length of the contact or remove it entirely. If there isn't an allowable enhancement Cosmic will do it.
>>
>>51614110
Maybe the rules from HT that caps torso damage? Or one of the cinematic rules that simply makes enemy gunmen less of a threat?
>>
>>51611282
Didn't need to! DF does help folks make a DND style character, but my players were all on board for it from the get go.
>>
What's the REF of methlabs?
>>
>>51620313
About the same as methane gasses? It's usually the buildup of simar that detonates
>>
>>51621008
Where do I find the REF for methane gas?
>>
>>51621066
High tech 187
>>
>>51620313
>>51621008

Eh, depends on how the lab is cooking. Badly handled propane tanks and heaters are responsible for a fair number of explosions but the really violent, toxic ones are from people using a Birch reduction. Lithium and ammonia are reactive as fuck.

The worst explosions come from people playing stupid games with red phosphorous or phosphorous acid.
>>
>>51620313
>Fuck me, we needed those damn cooks. I'm going with caustic soda.
>>
How would one do an investigative style game in the vein of Sherlock Holmes?
>>
>>51584709
>>51587886
>>51603498

Could people please stop posting these pictures/models? It's tantamount to avatarfagging and adds nothing to your post or the thread.
>>
>>51625749
Are we supposed to pretend your salty bitching adds anything to the thread?
>>
>>51625835

>ask someone nicely
>get called a salty bitch

Nice
>>
>>51625996
Using the word please doesn't change the fact that you're a salty bitch. In fact, getting your frilly lace panties in a twist about being called a salty bitch further demonstrates just how much of a bitch you are.

Just stop.
>>
>>51626048

>In fact, getting your frilly lace panties in a twist about being called a salty bitch further demonstrates just how much of a bitch you are.

I asked you to stop posting unrelated pics and you went from zero to turbo-buttblasted in five seconds.
>>
>>51626091
Not that anon, but if i may ask what exactly do you expect him to post? His replies and responses are on topic, his photos are sexy bitches, I see absolutely no problem with that, why do you?
>>
>>51626273

There's nothing wrong with the images themselves, the problem is that that particular anon ALWAYS posts a particular kind of sexy bitch with their posts, to the point where they are identifiable by the pictures. It's avatarfagging.
>>
>>51626396
So? this isn't /b/, and I was under the impression namefagging and/or avatarfagging were tolerated, if not outright accepted, for those who contribute in a meaningful way here on /tg/? He's not trolling, not giving these other anons bad info, he's helping them, is that not what people come here for?
>>
>>51626091
If you can't handle hyperbole, this entire website may not be for you.

Also, who the fuck are you to ask anyone to stop posting any kind of picture that generally abides by the rules, as long as the posts are valid ontopic contributions?

Fuck you and the cancerous horse you rode in on.
>>
File: 1477424205650.jpg (438KB, 1516x750px) Image search: [Google]
1477424205650.jpg
438KB, 1516x750px
Anyone here used the spaceships rules?
>>
>>51626679

I used them once, but avoided the combat. Shit's complicated, yo.
>>
>>51590149
Totally possible.

Match Success Levels to Margins of Success on your skill test. You have Electronics 14, you roll 8, you get a margin of 6. Clearly a margin of six indicates an astonishing good result, as opposed to a margin of 1.

I played around a lot with a kind of recoil rule for skills way back when, where somone would could buy a Threshold at 1 point per level for a certain skill, and if you got a MoS better than your 10-[level of] for a skill, you the result improved.

It needn't be that complicated, you could just set up general things like "beat by 3, good, beat by 6 great beat by 10 amazing!".

HitPoints - yeah. Fiddling with the direct numbers is a little harder BUT you can fiddle with the availability of healing and the expanation for HP / FP loss.

Gurps already calls for survival rolls when below 0 HP, and only damage really below 0 is ultimately fatal. So absorb that.

FP damage knocks you unconscious
HP damage hurts you
HP damage that ends up going below 0 is mortal danger levels.

Healing of HP and FP that's still positive (from 2 HP to 10 HP, healing 8 HP) damage is easy and quick. You could model it as regen or have items for it.

Healing of lethal injury, HP that is negative (from -3 to +4) takes longer because the damage is worse.

WeaponDamage - a brutally quick hack is to convert weapons to doing FP damage solely, and then allow HP damage if beat skill by decided margin. FP recovers in the core rules at a rate of 1 per 10 min of rest, so if you get hit by a 4 FP damage from a glancing mace blow then rest for an hour you're good to go.

It's not impossible but just requires playing a bit with the rules.
>>
>>51607092
Higher Purpose (Don't Get Hit By Projectiles) + 15
Limitation: Only vs projectile attacks directly targetting the user (-50%)
Limitation: Vow / Pact ("This ability is a product of blessing, so I must perform some vow that the GM specifies")

37.5 Points, +15 to all rolls that involves not being hit by projectiles. This includes dodge to avoid them, perception to see them coming, parrying them, stepping out of the way, will if it's magical.

GM can veto advantages, but in this case you're the GM, so you can allow this one.
Thread posts: 123
Thread images: 16

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.