[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Writing Fun Villains

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

File: 1481270767696.png (47KB, 449x253px) Image search: [Google]
1481270767696.png
47KB, 449x253px
I thought we could have a thread discussion cool ideas for villains we've either had or are planning. Doesn't have to be the BBEG.

Currently, I'm trying to write one as the hero of a Greek Tragedy and the party as his inevitable comeuppance.
>>
>>51562678

Think for yourself faggot and stop stealing other peoples ideas without first actually contributing something, now kys
>>
A God from a pantheon of Gods who made the universe so they couldn't interfere with it since one of the original most powerful of them tried to plunge the planet into chaos.
The God in question made themselves semi-mortal in order to interfere with the world, creating powerful items and rescuing powerful people who were meant to die all for the purpose of sowing as much chaos as possible, so that some keys will show up that will unlock the prison of that original God.

the plot twist for this story will be that every time the universe ends it resets, with everything happening in the exact same way as before and only the Gods releasing the resets are occurring. The original God decided to sow chaos across the realm in an attempt to stop these resets from happening and let the universe continue with people's choices mattering but to do so he had to do a lot of evil shit. Other Gods didn't like that so they locked him up. (Not sure how that'll work yet but I'm working on it) The actual BBEG will be one of these Gods who, after 1000's of resets has gone nearly mad with the same stuff occurring again and again while the other Gods deal with it through general apathy. The PC's will then have the choice of going against the BBEG to keep the universe in order but keep repeating or join them to make the universe a horrible place but actually let them control their destinies.

did I do good /tg/?
>>
>>51563067
I mean, I have my idea I'm working on, I'm not looking for more, this was for sharing things in general because I thought it would be fun. If you don't think so, that's fine too,
>>
Any villain can be fun if they're motivations make the party legitimately wonder if they're on the right side by fighting them. A villain should be a mirror through which the party examine themselves.
>>
>>51563321
I like it. It's interesting, different, and gives the players the chance to make a decision for themselves who is right and who is wrong, rather than coming out and telling them that they were fighting the good guy all along.
>>
I guess I should share some stuff too.

My favorite BBEG I've done so far as been a half-elf vampire who was immune to the sunlight as well as other regular vamp weaknesses. He had drained the blood from multiple demigods and was trying to kill a god for some kind of vague "Revenge".

There was a decent amount to this character, but the reason he was my favorite was that his backstory was revealed to be the cause of a previous joke one off where the players decided to genocide the elves and one of them played a lunatic who believed himself to be a god. I revealed that the setting of the campaign was the same as that of the one off, just centuries in the future. The god the BBEG was trying to kill was the PC who, as it turns out, wasn't crazy and actually a god. All of the players felt super guilty, but obviously went through with stopping the BBEG and were thanked by the God personally, but all of them were disgusted with him, especially when he started mocking the villain.

One of the PCs (A direct descendant of one of the original elf killers) even tracked down the BBEG's new prison (since he can't actually die) and freed him in an attempt to set things right.
>>
File: 1478919518402.jpg (70KB, 800x532px) Image search: [Google]
1478919518402.jpg
70KB, 800x532px
>>51563067
>>
>>51562678
I basically just ripped off the Crippled God from Malazan.

>A god in pain is not the same as a god obsessed with evil!
>>
>>51562678
I just introduced the first of the major villains in the jojo game I'm currently running and I'm pretty happy with her so far.

>Psychotic with a "survival of the fittest" social darwinist worldview gets the magic power to turn her surroundings into a giant death golem.
>Every interaction between her and the party is measured and cordial, but the longer she talks the more manic and crazed she gets.
>Grandstands like fuck every time she gets a chance, because what you gonna do when she's got a dragon the size of a building made of municipal street.
>Is actually incredibly paranoid that someone is going to try and kill her for her position as king of the heap, will flip her shit if any of the players so much as touch her.

I can't wait until one of the players decides to shoot her or something, its going to be great.
>>
>>51565894
Holy shit, are you me? That's almost exactly what I've had fleshed out for over a year now, except without the dragon.
Neat.
>>
>>51565894
What's the stand name?
>>
>>51569851
「Maniac Agenda」
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l-U939qpMeg

The secret reveal of her power is something she's been hiding since she took over the city. Everyone thinks she can only make one big monster. The truth is she can make as many as she wants within her range.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.