[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'll start working on a setting that mixes/ draws inspiration

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

File: Choose2.jpg (470KB, 1440x4050px) Image search: [Google]
Choose2.jpg
470KB, 1440x4050px
I'll start working on a setting that mixes/ draws inspiration from the two most voted here.
Don't expect any reply, it'll probably be a week or more until I come up with a few decent ideas
>>
>>51557834
I gotta go with Game of Thrones and Evangelion. The potential fuckery is too high.
>>
Pokemon and Evangelion
>>
Get in the FUCKING pokèball pikachu!
>>
Dark Souls and Evangelion
>>
>>51557834
Dark Souls and Pokemon
>>
>>51557834
Darksouls and whatever that thing at the top is
>>
>>51557834
Harry Potter & Pokemon
>>
>>51557834
Harry potter doesn't really have much to offer beyond comfy, in terms of setting.

Game of thrones doesn't really stand out too much either, considering its essentially a generic fantasy world written by an edgelord and lauded as high literature when there's better settings that do Grim fantasy better (First Law books, Black Company, Mistborn, etc)

But together they may be a little more interesting.

>Brutal midfantasy world in which secret cabals of high fantasy wizards try and keep the low fantasy plebs from falling apart.

The more interesting option is Evangelion and Pokémon.

>Modern/Futuristic world in which Pokémon are low level Angels and Legendary Pokémon are Angels that you would see in the show

There's a surprising amount of synergy between the two

Dark Souls and Evangelion may prove interesting

>Modern Fantasy world in which the world is slowly sliding into disrepair, a cataclysmic Armageddon being substituted by a slow, mournful decay
>>
>>51557834
>>51558828

Of course the MOST interesting setting would be a combination would be a combination of all five.

>Modern Fantasy (Very late Renaissance/mid Industrialization era with a great degree of magitech. Or perhaps even far future that has come full circle into baroque fuedalism like 40k)
>Dreary world wracked by constant war, both civil, between nations, and by external supernatural forces
>Humanity is losing the war aganist the supernatural, heaven and hell having turned against humanity. The fighting has turned to slow burn, corpsegrinding, hopeless conflict
>Small independent cabals of wizards and scholars, equally as divided, work in secret to turn the tide. Shunned and forgotten by the rest of the world, they try and train young wizards and witches to capture and control the very angels, demons, and other spirits that are crushing their world to fight their own kind and push back the surge.
>Other organizations likewise capture these creatures, but instead of turning them into 'faithful' familiars, they experiment on them and turn them into engines of destruction, towering constructs to crush their enemies, both political and supernatural.
>The various powers vying for supremacy are beginning to dabble in this ancient heretical arcana, in a last desperate attempt for survival.
>All the while the heavens are equally divided, as the Supreme god has vanished, and the other gods and devils have either descended into madness or are dying just as the world is

Or something to that effect.
>>
>>51557834
Steven Universe and Devil May Cry
>>
The Holy Bible and Blade Runner
>>
>>51557834
Evangelion and Dark Souls. Shit will be neato.
>>
My campaign setting is game of thrones/dark souls so don't do that
>>
>>51558828
>written by an edgelord
The real world is much more edgy than most of the stuff written in A Song of Fire and Ice.

You're just sheltered.
>>
>>51558970
>>51558970
Just because the world is edgy doesn't mean GRRM isn't an edgelord, idiot.
>>
>>51558859
You don't necessarily need to have the setting be so primitive, you could easily make it futuristic but to such a degree that science and magic are indistinguishable. Then adjust the Low/High fantasy ratio per your wishes
>>
>>51557834
Pokemon and Evangelion
>>
>>51558893
The Holy Bible and reality.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.