[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/HHG/ The Horus Heresy General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 453
Thread images: 95

File: HHG alternate.jpg (271KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
HHG alternate.jpg
271KB, 1920x1080px
Rolled 6 (1d20)

Are you feeling it Edition

Triggered Sub-edition

More minis that usual, as well as gaming advice and Infernal especulation, that's nice. We did bicker about the regular stuff, but don't worry we enjoy our anger.
All of that and more in the previous thread >>51522605

>HHG
http://pastebin.com/iUqNrrA8
Official HH 7th Edition Errata (Updated January 2016)
http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/resources/fw_site/fw_pdfs/Horus_Heresy/Horus_Heresy_7th_Edition.pdf

>30k TACTICA & TIPS
What to include in a HH list, how to format it, what makes each legion special (crunch), tactics, Tutorials for Heresy-era minis and more
http://pastebin.com/Tm2P4QLp

>HH Books, Novels and Rulebooks galore
http://pastebin.com/k9uvqsub
https://sys.4chan.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fmega.nz%2F%23F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyC

>Updated rulebooks
https://sys.4chan.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.docdroid.net%2Ffz1OuHK%2Fcrusade-imperialis-army-lists.pdf.html
https://sys.4chan.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.docdroid.net%2FZTK72gs%2Flegiones-astartes-age-of-darkness-army-list.pdf.html

>/HHG/'s Legion demographics
http://www.strawpoll.me/10558764
>Primarch Popularity Poll
http://www.strawpoll.me/11458318

>Make your unit entries
http://www.mediafire.com/file/q315zmyjntb4j04/LA+Exploitable+v1.pdf

>BoP's Paint guide
http://imgur.com/a/aBKJE

>HH Discord
https://discord.gg/wYS2J6b
>>
File: 1455592593132.jpg (274KB, 426x1869px) Image search: [Google]
1455592593132.jpg
274KB, 426x1869px
How is everyone tonight?

It's 1am here and I've got the bloodiest goddamn metal I could find playing while I'm building my World Eaters.

I've got a newly built Spartan that was a pain in the ass but looking pretty. I've got 10 Red Butchers taking a bath before assembly. And after them, some Contemptors are joining the party!

Kharn and 60 Inductii are waiting to meet their new brothers. If only Surlak had a model...
>>
Did someone scan Angelus yet
>>
File: image.png (433KB, 800x850px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
433KB, 800x850px
>>51534195
I'm stressed out and tired. I need my rest to get my worthless hide out and fail in college again. Night.
>>
So are they selling Inferno at the weekender or not?
>>
>>51534498

Yes. The attendees will get it this weekend. It will go on general sale the following friday. It'll take three or four weeks for everyone to get their copies after that. Then comes the scanbegging, because most people here won't spend £75 on a book.
>>
File: IMG_20170202_195143.jpg (3MB, 3024x4032px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170202_195143.jpg
3MB, 3024x4032px
Stormlord vs Atropos guess who won
>>
>>51534263

I wish there was a better way to get clean mk VI, its just not economical at all compared to Calth sets, and for those they make the prototype VI heads, but they all have the laurel which makes for good veterans and shitty line troops.
>>
>>51534196
Angelus?
>>
>>51534753

The HH Book after Inferno. Covers the BAs and DAs, Signus and Thramas.
>>
>>51534774
Right

>Thramas
Oh fuck yes
>>
>>51534597
Ya done goof'd
>>
Angelus this year?
>>
so /hhg/ have any of your playgroups ever tried to make models or bring to life ideas from the books that have no unit entry or model yet?

things like whispercutters, thunderstrike guns, even terrain? it seems a better place for such things in some cases than 40k, with a more well known narrative and a better predisposition for narrative play.

what stuff can you think of that you'd like to see rules for that don't have them or models yet?

>inb4 saturnine-pattern terminator armor
>>
>>51534795
I goofed so bad. maybe I need to rethink my list if an Atropos can buttfuck half my army.
>>
>>51534195
I'm doing alright
watched the expanse season opener while building a new head of the gorgon list I'm very happy with, and now I'm unenthusiastically at a bar to do karaoke
>>
>>51534849
In theory if he survived the stormlord blowing up couldn't kharn solo the Knight? Isn't his ax like S7 or something like that?
>>
File: absolutely heretical.jpg (208KB, 720x540px) Image search: [Google]
absolutely heretical.jpg
208KB, 720x540px
I have been reading the Horus heresy novels and during "The First Heretic" Lorgar approaches Magnus about any potential deities residing within the warp. Did Magnus refuse to answer out of shame with his deal with the greater daemon of Tzeentch or for his loyalty to the Emperor?
>>
>>51534931

Probably both.
>>
>>51534935

Perhaps it is explained in later novels, but I cannot fathom why the Emperor would keep his sons in the dark on the powers that dwell within the warp.
>>
File: 1337101574065.gif (1MB, 193x135px) Image search: [Google]
1337101574065.gif
1MB, 193x135px
>>51534931

>reading the Horus heresy novels

Anon, why?
>>
>>51534965

Knowledge is power.
>>
I may have gotten overzealous and bought a pair of normal pods and a Dreadclaw before realizing its not that simple like it is in 40k. I was excited to get some pods for my Night Lords, you know?

What's the best course of action? Orbital Assault looks good, but I was exactly planning on buying a fuck ton of pods. Maybe get around that with terminators and Raptors/Ass Marines?
>>
>>51534961
>Perhaps it is explained in later novels, but I cannot fathom why the Emperor would keep his sons in the dark on the powers that dwell within the warp.

Because the Emperor didn't give a shit about numbers I through XX, and was going to get rid of them anyway? To the point where the Heresy was planed all along as an excuse to get rid of the Legions and Primarchs?
>>
>>51534935

Also, surely Magnus would caution Lorgar so that he too doesn't wind up in thrall to chaos.
>>
>>51534984
Terror assault
>>
>>51534894
I'm pretty sure gorechild is +1 strength armorbane so that's 5 + 2d6, he got D stomped anyway
>>
>>51535013

But to give them supreme power and no way to protect themselves he doomed the Imperium to slaughter.
>>
File: Anime sluts discuss BL.jpg (179KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Anime sluts discuss BL.jpg
179KB, 1280x720px
>>51535013
Ah this bait, it's so delicious yet has the foulest aftertaste.
>>
>>51535035

What's worse is that it's not bait, it's BL canon.
>>
>>51535029

Why give supreme power to tools made to be used and discarded once finished with?
>>
>>51534965
some of them are decent, I feel kinda bad for the legions that got shit on in order to service the retarded contortions to explain glossed over inconsistencies with the short history we had prior
>>
>>51535052
Good job BL isn't real canon.
>>
>>51535104

Only the Codices are.
>>
>>51535022

I was looking at that, but I was worried the three terror squads would be too many expensive eggs in one basket. I suppose going with a 10 and two 5s could offset that.

How does it play out?
>>
Everybody will be listening to the correct song reading Magnus' rules for the first time I do hope. Here's hoping for no lolrandom and balanced point values !
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XUhVCoTsBaM&list=PL6V532xzjmzkJviKKRPCP1oTRe_obDECQ&index=150
>>
>>51535144
if you can afford to shell out for dreadclaws they're actually very reliable assault infantry. volkite/lightning claw will absolutely ruin most squads except TEQ.

turn 1: arrive and heat blast.
turn 2: move, disembark, shoot, assault.

the advantage of dreadclaws is that mobility and the ability to act as bubble wrap for the squad which makes them much more likely to survive to assault.
>>
Quick question, machine spirit on 4 outflanking vindis, or a command rhino to ensure they come on?
>>
>>51535212

That's not Magnus' song. This is.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eHJ7An2CMB4
>>
>>51535144
Its fun, vulnerable to massed armour and artillery and other power lists but fun. and they can all take regular pods if youd rather not expose them by infiltrating
>>
File: 1473830406580.jpg (31KB, 502x432px) Image search: [Google]
1473830406580.jpg
31KB, 502x432px
>>51535219
Veterans are the same. People often don't expect Veterans to recklessly charge in and actually do something, but 40 attacks on the charge for a full unit is going to leave a dent unless the dice truely abandoned you.

>mfw the salamander player thinks his walking Firedrakes will be fine
>only to get charged by your 3 veteran squads and killed to the last man before they can even swing
>>
>>51535284
agreed. dreadclaws remain the best investment I've made so far with RG. Pride of the Legion, 3 5-man tartaros squads with 4 claws and 1 fist (claws upgraded to ravens talons), 1 of which is a command squad.

they never fail to earn points back, as oftentimes the enemy wastes too much high strength shooting on the dreadclaws to actually handle the terminators inside. watching someone's face as lightning claw terminators rend through and sweep elite units is even better.
>>
>>51534597
So, where do you get the stormlord stats? I checked out the IA book and the rules are old as shit with structure points.
>>
>>51535212
>>51535229
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jGKNaIXtBZQ

Neophytes, all of you.

I'm actually more interested in Ahrihman rules mostly because he would be available for me to play... NOW
>>
>>51535365
escalation
>>
>>51535394
Or Cadia?
>>
>>51535403
ooh, Cadia would have it as well
>>
>>51535365
>>51535394
>>51535403

Solar Auxillia red book?
>>
>>51535237

Vulnerable to armor is kinda what I was afraid of when I saw all the terror squads. Still, infiltrating them is fine. They're sneaky batmans.

>>51535219
To be honest, I got lucky with the Dreadclaw. I snagged one for $50 on impulse, but still I like them. I wouldn't mind a Kharibdys at some point for the novelty, but that's a lotta dosh.

>>51535284

I was thinking about vets in the Claw actually because NL get the whole +1 Hit and Wound for out numbering. Maybe run a bunch of combi-melta or something. Either that or a CF+PF contemptor with melta hands. That would be fun to see burst out of a Claw, actually.
>>
>>51534774
FW already said they want to focus on a different event, get with the times newfag
>>51534931
>deal with a greater daemon
He offers his eye to tzeentch for knowledge on how to stop the flesh change. It was probably Magnus thinking himself higher than everything and knowing it wasn't a god but a collection of raw emotion
>>51535212
>Magnus rules
>for every miscast he does d6 units become chaos spawn
>>
>>51535524
>Magnus has all the powers from 40k's Tzeentch and Change disciplines

Now wouldn't that raise some eyebrows
>>
>>51535563
I would have preferred it if Lorgar's psychic powers were all -1to something like -1strength -1blast radius, to show he was given just enough power to survive but not to rule. Just like the Gal Vorbak
>>
https://www.forgeworld.co.uk/en-NZ/Legio-Custodes-Coronus-Grav-carrier
>>
>>51531008
>So >>51522836 is just full reee?

It's not very reee in an AL/RG force or in a "pre-FW HH aesthetic" force, but it's moderately reee in most other armies.
>>
>>51535144
>I was worried the three terror squads would be too many expensive eggs in one basket
But they'd be in three separate baskets ya dingus
>>
>>51535890
>Only one disembarking hatch on the rear

Custodes the Eldar of 30k confirmed.
>>
>>51535890
>the grav-rhino finally exists
>but it costs £110

Whose monkey paw was this?
>>
File: 1398997063453.jpg (70KB, 370x572px) Image search: [Google]
1398997063453.jpg
70KB, 370x572px
>>51535890
How many months has it been since they've released a legion specific unit besides wolf fucker prime
>>
I need some advice, /HHG/. I’m debating throwing my tax return at a proper 30k army.

I’ve built a couple characters and started a couple squads, but nothing serious. I need advice on what to get. I’m a Scars player, and I settled on the Sagyar Mazan shattered legion Rite of War because the Sagyar Mazan’s sendoff in Path of Heaven was just… the tits. I’m adding Fists and Blood Angels, with the theme being the three legions that actually did their goddamn job during the siege of Terra. Possibly adding some Sisters or custodians, but not really sold on that. I’m much more of a hobbyist than I am a player, so I have a list of stuff I want to build and paint, but no idea how to actually build it into a halfway functional list. I’m calling in an assist here. I like the idea of doing things in threes, to balance between the legions.
Stuff I’d REALLY like to build:
>Demetrius Katafalque and Fafnir Rann as Fists consuls.
>Scars combi-plasma Seeker squad, to follow the Praetor’s bird around and melt stuff.
>Fists flakk missile heavy squad to tank-hunt fliers.
>Termy squad for each legion, (Indominus Fists, Tartaros Scars, Cataphractii Angels.) Obviously not fielding all three, but it’s a modeling goal.
>20-man troop choice for each. (with an extra sarge built for the option to split the squads) Assault Scars, Tactical Angels, Boarding Fists.
>A trio of Dreads. Leviathan with claw and gun (dunno which gun), Dorito with autocannons, and maybe that sweet new sword and board Custodes one.
Need advice on vehicles, anti-vehicle stuff, lord of war, etc. Bear in mind this RoW HAS to have more infantry units than it has vehicles.
Thank you in advance, /HHG/
>>
NEW knights heads when?
>>
File: image.jpg (200KB, 768x1024px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
200KB, 768x1024px
Working through the istvaan boys for my legion diorama.

RGs done the other two are at basecoat stage.

Should I do the whole flame pattern effect on the sallie? Any other thoughts?
>>
>>51535936

While you're technically correct, I'm more talking that a 10nman terror squad is 200 points, which is 600 points before upgrades.
>>
>>51535890
of course it's a fucking brick

no interior, nothing

s h i t, just like the idea of custodes as a playable faction

isstvan 4 lyfe
>>
>>51536120
10 breachers are 200pts, 10 tactical support are 175, 10 recon are 175.

You're really not overpaying for a troops choice with an improved statline, multiple special rules, weapon options and access to drop pods.
>>
>>51536170
could just be sealed because of a production rush for photo jobs, they've done that before.
>>
Just read Deliverance Lost and I think I like the Raven Guard a lot more than I used to. Could have done with less moustache twiddly Alpha Legion bullshit, but otherwise I enjoyed it.
>>
Weekender Registration is this evening for those attending. Best of luck, please gib us pics.
>>
>>51536365

I think Deliverance Lost was a bit shite actually and ruined one of the best plot points about Corax.
Compared to the original IA story, it takes what should have been a tragic story about hubris and turns it into moustache villains and another cheap shot against the Emperor.

> Index Astartes
> Corax is desperate to rebuild his Legion and so starts tampering with the geneseed in secret, cutting corners and trying to find a miracle. He thinks it's worked, returns from exile, only for his 'miracle sons' to start devolving and becoming feral. Out of shame and grief, he resumes his exile before leaving the Imperium entirely.

> Deliverance Lost
> Turns out that geneseed is actually super easy to crank up, spawning far stronger warriors far quicker for literally no downsides. In fact the Emperor himself sanctioned Corax' work, he just never thought to do it himself! But then evil Alpha Legion introduce a virus into his perfect formula, a formula so perfect that it could have won the entire thing outright without outside intervention. Despite stealing this MiracleGro, it is never used or mentioned ever again.

It turns what should have been a lesson in pride and humility, into needless wanking and injecting the Alpha Legion into a conflict for no reason.
As it stands, it just comes off as retard-tier for the geneseed to be used so poorly with so many obvious, immediate benefits that were just left dormant.
>>
>>51536523

I share your views. The Alphas in Deliverance Lost only makes Alpha legion into a bigger meme legion. Poor writing from Gav's side.
>>
>>51534196
S s scans? Did someone say .... scans? You got some of them good scans, anon?
>>
So /hhg/, all this fiddling with resin and magnets has me contemplating my future projects. Current legion is Raven Guard, and my original plan was to do mechanicum allies (gets around the decapitation strike limitation) but are there any arguments for doing one of the other sworn brothers legions? I get that wolves don't have a ruleset yet, so the discussion mostly turns to salamanders.

Considering that in both cases they're going to be able to bring more ranged anti-armor than my RG, between sicaran venators and vultarax, what other factors should I consider?
>>
>>51535111
People are still seriously saying this?

>>51535967
What, so you don't like intern-sculptor-tier Knight heads?
I suspect they're waiting for Inferno, and then we'll get a shittorrent of TS and SW stuff.
>>
>>51535960
Kek
>>
>>51536545
> poor writing by Gav
This is to be expected coming from him. The guy sucks at writing. Name one good gav novel.
That's a trick question. No one can
>>
>>51536202

That's fair, actually. I hadn't realized the comparison was so close, though needing 3 is pushing excessive. Needing the 3rd is where my worry comes in, but at least they're good.
>>
>>51536170
This wouldn't be the first time that FW wasn't thorough with their photos of a kit. The LR Proteus page on their site still doesn't have any photos that properly show off the tank's top, it's all side/front/back shots.
>>
>>51536736

Poor Dark Angels fans everywhere. And Raven Guards.
>>
>>51534588
>Then comes the scanbegging, because most people here won't spend £75 on a book.
Well, I don't know about you, but I like not having to skip meals in order to buy a book.
>>
>>51536736
I honestly wracked my brain about this. My go-to is Angels of Darkness, but that ending was retarded, so you're right.
>>
>>51536087
Where'd you get the crotch piece thing on the salamander?
>>
>>51536796
looks like the shoulderplate from the cassius box terminator
>>
Are heavy flamers + combi-flamers viable for veterans? Most use them for meltas and plasmas it seems but I want some variation in the army where multi-meltas exist and combi-plasmas on Justaerin.
>>
>>51536824
nickname: rape squad.

sniper veteran ability gives them rending on those templates, and rolling 4s to wound unless the rolls would be better regardless of toughness. use warlord trait to give them shred if possible and harvest tears as terminator squads evaporate (even better if you do it when they charge you)
>>
>>51536854

That is what I thought, thanks. Fits my fluff as well.
>>
>>51536776
It's honestly sad when one short story by another writer (ADB) is better than the some total of another authors combined works.
>>51536792
I wasn't trolling man. It's an honest assessment. I read ALL of the DA HH stories (and the Legacy of Caliban) series to get a fluff background for my HH DA. Reading Gav's work became a fucking chore. Even Angels of Caliban, his super hyped book, was fucking 'meh' next to Abnett, 90% of McNeills work, or ADB
>>
File: inigo-2.jpg (117KB, 1600x871px) Image search: [Google]
inigo-2.jpg
117KB, 1600x871px
>>51531162
>they recruit from all over and diversity is unironically their strength
>diversity
>>
>>51536921
Was it not Gav Thorpe that came up with the stupid elven end times lore?
>>
>>51531162
>The Fists are also one of the biggest legions
To add insult to injury, they are one of the smaller legions with estimated 98,356 marines at the time of betrayal at Isstvan III. Source - Temple of Oaths on Phalanx, FW book 3, IF section.
>>
So will all the Custodes vehicles be fast, heavily armoured skimmers with heavy weapons with that "Heliothermic Detonation" (Sunheat detonation? Seen better names) rule? I was expecting at least more than one original design. " Termie with +1 to all stats" "big dread" and"Floaty Sicaran" seems like a pretty boring repertoire.
Ah well,probably just me thinking all the gold everywhere is tacky. Atompunk is best.
>>
>>51537217

I'm going to paint mine as brass instead of gold. Darker and more functional.
>>
>>51537181
True, but they aren't small at all.
100,000 is standard size, 130000 is big but then again the IF flotilla is mighty, can rival the UM's, who are 2.5 times more numerous than them but mostly composed of battle-barge tier craft. No one has as many big ships as the IF.
>>
>>51537231
I can get behind that. My Cybernetica are Taghmata Scoria brass. Honestly the gold just makes them look like cheap tacky casino stuff.

Unless you want a whole army of them they just don't fit in anywhere with the Legions or Mechanicum, they have such a different aesthetic. I could see them working with some of the more ostentatious Blood Angels, perhaps. Same with the Sisters of Silence.
>>
File: 20170203_073017.jpg (4MB, 5312x2988px) Image search: [Google]
20170203_073017.jpg
4MB, 5312x2988px
Kitbashed this jump Apothecary, need some feedback. Not sure what I can do with the helmet to make it look less Grey Knights, besides fill in the cross
>>
File: 20170203_073153.jpg (4MB, 5312x2988px) Image search: [Google]
20170203_073153.jpg
4MB, 5312x2988px
>>51537661
Also got the "Khorne chainaxes" instead of the "proper" Phobos pattern, had to cut off the chainsword from the hands and then drill a hole to fit them in but I'm concerned it looks...off.
>>
>>51536736
I quite enjoyed his Local Malekith Ruins Everything trilogy back in old fantasy. Does that count?
>>
>>51536523
Why are they letting these authors change established cannon in the first place? Pardon my newness, I only got into 40k 2 or 3 years ago, but some of the oldfag fluff just seems so much better. Like aren't they shoehorning the ultras into the battle of Terra, or is that a rumor?
>>
In other news, Fulgrim is down to just the 1 primarch kill.
>>
File: mhhgga11.jpg (374KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
mhhgga11.jpg
374KB, 1280x720px
So, we great yet?
>>
>>51538059

He should be holding the cover of the new WD with Guilliman on it.
>>
>>51535917
>nobody outside of AL/RG had MkVI

Why is this still a thing?
>>
According to B&C the seminars tomorrow will be on Twitch as well. Can't wait to shitpost with you guys.
>>
>>51538067
Is Inferno in it? Because Girlyman won't make /hhg/ great again. Girlymen get grabbed by the boypussy.
>>
>>51538095

Guilliman's making the Imperium great again. That surely counts.
>>
>>51534597
>"Drive me closer, I want to hit them with my chainaxe!"
>>
File: for-poorfags.jpg (680KB, 800x1008px) Image search: [Google]
for-poorfags.jpg
680KB, 800x1008px
>>51538115
Wonder what's gonna be the poorfag primarch of choice in 30k.
>>
>>51538218

That model has torches on his feet.
>>
>>51538229
So he can light the way to a better tomorrow.
>>
>>51538218
>field Guilliman
>Magnus casually smacks him with his D
>>
File: cypher.png (507KB, 398x532px) Image search: [Google]
cypher.png
507KB, 398x532px
>>51538218
Forget rowboat, it's the cypher model I'm interested in. And that one should be perfectly acceptable in 30k.
>>
>>51538218
What. The fuck.
My God. That is fucking horrible
>>
>>51538278
What the fuck.
THIS ONE IS the fucking tits!
>>
>>51538278

I do really like that, and now I want to use it as the base for my NL Vigilator.
>>
Also, was Cypher around during the HH? I assume so, but idk if he was anyone important.
>>
>>51538218
Not sure I'd even want to use that as 40k nevermind 30k and I am a poorfag.
>>
>>51537683
Without a bit of the haft coming out the bottom of his fist, the axe looks unbalanced.
>>
Are images taking a while to load for anyone else? I heard G00k fiddled around with servers.
>>
>>51538218
What and where is this from? Why does he have torches on his feet?
>>
>>51538405
If you thought about both questions for as long as it took you to post, you'd have both answers.
>>
File: latest.jpg (126KB, 700x1147px) Image search: [Google]
latest.jpg
126KB, 700x1147px
>>51538218
This is kinda awful. The proportions look totally off.
I mean, compare to the FW one...

>>51538278
This one, however, is awesome. The cloak, the pose, everything screams style. I want it.
>>
>>51538218
ew
is he a GW? judging by all hat mk7 i guess so

What a shitty model, he looks a bit like tac marine made in 56mm scale, which i guess is the point.

Fuck me though
>>
>>51538405
march white dwarf
scenic base + poor angle
>>
>>51538418
Anon, I'm not having a good morning.
>>51538429
That still doesn't answer my question. Why does he have feet torches?
>>
>>51538454
They are probably on the base
>>
>>51538454
>Why does he have feet torches?
he doesn't, those are part of the base
>>
>>51538466
>>51538467
Oh. Well that makes the model less awful then. Not even GW is that stupid.
>>
>>51538327
There was a Lord Cypher in the Dark Angels legion, kind of a keeper of the traditions role. The identity of the Lord Cypher was a secret within the legion, (they would stop using their real name upon taking the role,) and it's already changed once in the novels. So far in the HH the Lord Cypher has just hung around on Caliban, the old one resisting Luther's takeover then the new one slaying the old one and taking the Cypher role as part of Luther's government. We don't know yet who the guy that calls himself Cypher in the 41st millennium was during the HH, it probably isn't the bloke holding the role at the end of the latest novel (Angels of Caliban) though.
>>
File: 111.png (3MB, 1293x993px) Image search: [Google]
111.png
3MB, 1293x993px
>>
>>51538598
It's all the fire, anon. Fire hot.
>>
File: 1486128507786.jpg (405KB, 800x1008px) Image search: [Google]
1486128507786.jpg
405KB, 800x1008px
>>51538278
He's a big guy.
>>
Any questions for FW at the weekender? lore and creative process proffered as they are usually more receptive to then.
In game stuff that is faq material is no but I'll certainly try to get answers for other in game stuff
>>
>>51538598
He took of his blanket, obviously that means he's hotter.
>>
>>51538218
>tfw you think 40k guilliman looks better than 30k

That model makes me wanna play ultras
>>
File: image.jpg (95KB, 1000x541px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
95KB, 1000x541px
>>51538698
>mfw
Anon, it's your opinion and all but please explain.
>>
>>51538633
Ok, I smirked.
>>
>>51538727
my fav primarch model is angron. It looks like he could fight and move. The FWguilliman looks like he couldn't run, is standing tall with stump legs and is insanely static. If you aren't gonna give me helemt make his face not look like a gibbering retard. The GWguilliman admittedly looks comic book, but his face is good and he looks like he could move and kill them heretics.
>>
>>51538788
According to the rumours, the story is also that Guilliman had to have so much parts of his body replaced with bionics after coming out of stasis he might as wel be stuffed inside a dreadnought. The first rumours were actually that his model would be very close to a dreadnought with his head and other parts hanging out.
>>
>>51538836

That would explain why the model's so derpy compared to the FW one.
>>
File: image.jpg (48KB, 431x448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
48KB, 431x448px
>>51538836
Rowboat naught confirmed? I'm not sure how to feel about that.
>>
>>51538836
>According to the rumours, the story is also that Guilliman had to have so much parts of his body replaced with bionics after coming out of stasis he might as wel be stuffed inside a dreadnought
That was never an actual rumor. That was some fag on here saying that over and over, with absolutely no indication that it would ever happen.
>>
>>51538641
Will we get Lupercii (Sons of Horus possessed marines) rules and models?
>>
>>51538880
Look at all the joints. All you see between the armour plates is pistons.

Basically Guilliman is a Dreadknight with a living head screwed on top of it. A headcarrier rather than a baby carrier one might say.
>>
I like both the sculpts. The 40k one is a lot more mobile and has crazy shit all over like torch feet. It's that nonsensical stuff from the concept art that I love that reminds me of when the game didn't take itself as seriously.

The FW sculpt is patrician af. It's a little too obviously roman, but it has a lot of presence on the table.
>>
>>51538952
Someone needs to recast the head and make a futurama style fishbowl with spider legs.
>>
>>51538598
Honestly, they've both got flaws, but there are parts of both that I really like.

Looking at 40k's legs and cabling, he does appear to be like >>51538836 says - quite a lot of machine in there. His knees, for example, have clearly got a lot of pistons and hinges in them.

It might be the angle, but to me it looks he's got a bit of Liefeld Captain America going on with his chest. Or tits.

Definitely like the face though
>>
>>51538952
He needs a glass dome over his head for the full beep boop.
>>
>>51538968
I don't like the FW sculpt at all. That guilliman is posing for a state painting, not on a fucking battlefield like when you actually use the model.

Not that I'm sure i like the 40k guilliman more yet, reserving judgement untill the 360 view
>>
>>51538788
Except Guilliman's 30k model fit directly with the Roman praetor influences of the Ultramarines, rather than generic badass combat pose.
>>
File: image.jpg (143KB, 618x800px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
143KB, 618x800px
>>51538968
That makes sense given the asethics of both settings.
>>
>>51538988
are you ogling Lord Guilliman's tits, anon?
>>
Alright, it looks like the Weekender videos are only for subscribers. Thankfully I get a free subscription or something because of Amazon so I'll be reviewing as many of the videos in real time as possible, depending on how hard the time zones fuck me. I will also take screenshots of the cool shit.
>>
>>51539037

I know some people rip the videos and repost them elsewhere. Can you do that for us?
>>
>>51538641
Will we ever see stuff like assassins, or agents like knight errants but who aren't astartes (there's a couple in BL books)?

Just because this weekender involves the Talons Of The Emperor army in a big way, so may be worth asking what else might be coming in that vein.
>>
File: Dorn.jpg (12KB, 241x209px) Image search: [Google]
Dorn.jpg
12KB, 241x209px
>>51539037
>not using screencapture software and recording the entire stream wilst fullscreen

I find your lack of dedication disturbing.
>>
>>51539003
>That guilliman is posing for a state painting, not on a fucking battlefield like when you actually use the model.
Yes, and?
this is girlyman we're talking about.
>>
>>51539067

I second this anon's wisdom.
>>
>>51539049
I have literally no idea how to do that as I've never looked at twitch before. If you can give me a tutorial a small monkey such as myself can understand, then I think so.
>>
>>51539069
I know, but it just ruins MUH IMMERSION completely. Playing against smurfs is bad enough as it is already, no need to add to that :^)
>>
>>51539073
They why don't you pony up the money and do it yourself?
Oh wait that's right. You are on hhg you are probably a scan begging poorfag
>>
>>51539078

>>51539067 might know what to do.
>>
https://www.forgeworld.co.uk/en-EU/Ultramarines-Praetorian-Breacher-Shields

Just in case anyone's interested, these are sold separately.
Found them under ->Accessories->Weapons
>>
>>51539010
Well if Saint Sanguinius won't bother to turn up...

Wonder if Fulgrim's annoyed that G-Man's back up on his feet.
Or maybe it'll give him a chance to finish the job
>>
>>51538229
You're a trailblazer Guilliman.
>>
>>51538278
Dat cloak HNNNNGGGG
>>
>>51539156
>only the ultrasues get separate shields
reee
>>
>>51538218
Why is his sword on fire? Looks trashy. Big E wannabe.
>>
>>51539189
It's made out of moodium and reacts to your mental state. He's royally pissed, yo.
>>
>>51539159
He does fill out his breastplate a lot better, so I don't blame you.

Kinda curious to see where they'll go with any other loyalist primarchs. I do like this guilliman better than the FW one.
>>
>>51538278
At first I thought it was the Lion.
>>
>>51538218
Jesus, that thing looks shit.
>>
>>51539167
Underrated.
>>
>>51539189
He's using Daddy's sword.
>>
>>51539211
I think we'll see Abby and the Sanguinor standing in for Horus and Sang, respectively, and then either 6 vs 6 or 7 vs 7 - Kurze and Ferrus are both damn hard to resurrect at this point, and their deaths are important part of their characters.
Dorn and Alpharius would be the next least likely to come back to my mind. Everyone else is has a pretty good chance I would think.

>>51539189
G-man is mentioned in WD to be a bit pissed that it's there at all, and there may be a Cypher connection too.

I'd say there's a not-insignificant chance it is Big E's
>>
2 hours until Inferno!
>>
>>51539189
They hinted in the WD that it might actually be the Big E's sword.
>>
>>51539443
Ezekyle's?
>>
>>51539004
Yeah I don't care when his legs are so short and his face is a huge mess.
>>
>>51539468
Don't try to fucking basilisk hack me before Inferno comes out.
>>
File: mhhgga12.gif (4MB, 300x376px) Image search: [Google]
mhhgga12.gif
4MB, 300x376px
>>51539382
>>
>>51539470
His legs look fine to me. Better than the reskinned demon prince that is his 40k version. And faces are 99% paint job. Something that FW has never been great at.
>>
>>51539470
His face is an opinion. Fulgrim's face looks bad.
Legs? What are you talking about?
>>
>>51539526
He looks stumpy. So does horus by the way. I may have shit taste but I'm not alone judging by guillimans new model. Yes its less roman then it should be and yes its comic book looking and my be a reskinned daemon prince. But even with all those problems I think it looks cool as shit in comparison to what forgeworld put out (Angron excepted)

>>51539497
I guess we just disagree
>>
So is the setting freezing again, or they gonna kill Guilliman for good or what?

Because this guy should basically end up running the Imperium, or taking his seat back on the Council of Terra.
>>
>>51538218
Fuck that is awful. Gaudy even by UM standards too.
>>
>>51539638
no one knows. If you believe warhammer tv facebook guy the setting isn't getting Age of Guilliman'd but I think 40k will get reshuffled and streamlined some how. Other threads had rumors cypher kills abaddon which would be hilarious. Shit is definitely changing.

Expected a streamline of some kind for 8th.
>>
>>51539638
>So is the setting freezing again, or they gonna kill Guilliman for good or what?
Not any time soon (rumors say we'll get books like this all year and next year), and I don't see them killing girlyman. Rumors say abby might die though.
girlyman will most likely spend his time finding the other loyalists, fighting the daemon primarchs and trying to stop the black crusade
>>
Bjorn rules in Inferno? I doubt it, but hope.
>>
1 hour until inferno!
>>
>>51539752
Wasn't Bjorn young/pretty insignificant during the HH?
>>
>>51539786
Yes, pretty much.
>>
>>51539786
He was, but yiff fanboys have a boner for him and keep getting upset when he doesn't show up. The outrage about the Not!-Björn in BoP was quite funny
>>
>>51539752
Doubt it. Bjorn's rules and gear at the time of that campaign would be a line legionary with eternal warrior or some shit.
Fuckface Fellhand from BoP is your stand-in for the moment. Bjorn eventually, I would imagine.
>>
>>51539785
where will this be covered?
>>
>>51539786
it depends on which books you're reading
>>
>>51539817
Anons will be posting pics here. I'm sure someone at bolter and chainsword will be posting pics. Battle bunnies will also be looking at it.
>>
>>51539798
>Bjorn can't be a character model in the box for reasons
>get given a character model you can use to represent Bjorn with literally no changes required
>make it so obvious this is their intention for you they literally give him Bjorn's claw and call him Fell-Hand
>autistic screeching because the first part of the name of the model isn't bear

I don't know why I expected anything else
>>
File: lovechild of magnus and russ.jpg (159KB, 990x968px) Image search: [Google]
lovechild of magnus and russ.jpg
159KB, 990x968px
>>51539840
Sweet
>>
>>51539840
>TFW you can't stay and read/see all the Inferno goodies be releaved the instant news is posted because you've got a 6000 point game sceduled today

Never before have muh feels been so mixed
>>
>>51539882
just take a skwizz at your phone during breaks in pay
>>
>>51539894
play*
>>
>>51539752
Sergeant with a power axe and a bolter.

That's all Bjorn was until Russ noticed him. And Russ didn't really notice him until he lost his arm at Prospero.
>>
>>
File: 1476048851422.png (226KB, 814x710px) Image search: [Google]
1476048851422.png
226KB, 814x710px
>>51540167
Where are the pics from?
>>
File: image.jpg (135KB, 415x398px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
135KB, 415x398px
>>51540167
Long have we awaited for this day.
>>
>>51540167
glorious, tell me mortal, how did you gain access to the black library?
>>
File: IMG_1908.jpg (101KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1908.jpg
101KB, 720x960px
HHhnnnnngggggghhh
>>
File: image.png (578KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
578KB, 600x600px
>>51540188
>>51540199
>>
>>51540216
sexy
>>
>>51540216
HNNGGGG
>>
>>51540216
Reminds me of a bardiche.
>>
>>51540216
Jesus fuck, DO WANT.
>>
>>51540216
Valdor?
>>
>>51540216
Unf
>>
>>51540216
HHHHHHhhhhhhNnnNnNNNgggGgggGGGGGGhhhhhHHHHH
>>
>>51540282
Nah, they wouldn't do him as an event only model
>>
File: IMG_1909.jpg (96KB, 540x960px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1909.jpg
96KB, 540x960px
Another image
>>
>>51540343
thats a mask on his face and not a beard right
>>
File: blogger-image--260141354.jpg (72KB, 480x640px) Image search: [Google]
blogger-image--260141354.jpg
72KB, 480x640px
His name is Ixion Hale.
sauce battle bunnies
>>
>>51540343
Nice facial hair.
>>
>>51540343
Absolutely blanchetastic.
>>
>>51540360
His helmet has one of those cigarette looking tubes from the side.
>>
>>51540343
I CAN'T STOP CUMMING
HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHNNNNNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGGGHHHHhhhhHHHHHHHHhHhHhh
>>
>>51540216
>>51540231
>>51540306
>/HHhhhHHhhhGGggg/

>>51540343
I hope that style of axe becomes an option for Custodes. It could use the spear arms and maybe finally give them some reliable AP2.
>>
Six minutes until something.
>>
File: image.jpg (34KB, 317x234px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
34KB, 317x234px
>>51538218
It's fucking hideous. It makes me dread a future plastic Russ mini that has gone full wulfen.
>>
I have figured out OBS enough to record the twitch channel. ONE MINUTE APPARENTLY
>>
File: blogger-image-1734100392.jpg (54KB, 360x640px) Image search: [Google]
blogger-image-1734100392.jpg
54KB, 360x640px
Tactodes
>>
Whats is the twitch channel for this?
>>
>>51540512
>inb4 it's a regular bolter
>>
>>51540512
*heavy breathing*

Do I buy Chinese Solar Auxilia?

Do I switch to tacticool Custodes? Tactistodes?

do I keep working on my chymeriae blackshields.
>>
>>51540542
Probably gonna be Knight Errant paragon bolters.

Actually, using Custodes as an army of knight errants would be pretty cool.
>>
>>51540550
Stay strong brother. Remain with thine blackshields, we took the oath with reason.
>>
>>51540512
>>51540542
The BRs have a Custode bolter, and a Heavy flamer so remember that.
>>
The AT setup is really bringing home how awesome the Dropzone Commander terrain would be for that game.
>>
Anyone got the book yet?
>>
>>51540583
>BR

My brain is failing me.
>>
>>51540532
Pls, I want to know too
>>
>>51540216
>>51540343
>>51540360
>guardian axe
So guardian spears won't be getting full-time AP2 then?
>>
>>51540716
Blood Ravens.
>>
>>51540814
Were they ever going to? We knew their 30k statline since the Burning of Prospero White Dwarf, and these are the weapons of Custodes line troops. Not every weapon needs to be AP2 at initiative.
>>
>>51540923
I don't think "at initiative" is the issue. It's more they need a source of AP2 when they don't charge.
>>
>>51539189
You do know any SM HQ can be given big Es sword already right?
>>
>>51540959
Then let them take an Axe or Fist or something, if you just need a convenient way to take a artificer sarge down. Anything that actually gives them I5 AP2 without needing a charge would be insane, they'd all have those Emperor's Children spears.
>>
File: RobouteGuillimanHelmetContent-1.jpg (583KB, 1000x1096px) Image search: [Google]
RobouteGuillimanHelmetContent-1.jpg
583KB, 1000x1096px
At least GW give helmet option
>>
Leman Russ beats everything in the game now.

Fucking retarded.
>>
File: AAAAA.jpg (42KB, 540x960px) Image search: [Google]
AAAAA.jpg
42KB, 540x960px
THE TIME IS UPON US
I CAN'T FEEL MY LEGS
>>
>>51537502
I did the same with my Taghmata Scoria, care to show some pics?
>>
>>51541087
>space wolves invade
>magnus just carries on zorbing
What a guy.
>>
>>51541078
that alone makes it superior to the FW version
>>
File: 1371378040884.png (14KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
1371378040884.png
14KB, 800x600px
>>51541087
>>
>>51541098
Currently they're two counties away, but I followed Winters SEO's rather good tutorial and just darkened the Hashut Copper down a shade. Waiting till the Xana/House Malinax transfer sheet to finish off the first 3 Castellax and the Magos, everything else is WIP.
>>
>>51541087
Why would we get this pic instead of the whole page?
>>
File: BBBBB.jpg (64KB, 540x960px) Image search: [Google]
BBBBB.jpg
64KB, 540x960px
IF WE CHANT LOUD ENOUGH MAYBE HE'LL POST SOMETHING USEFUL ON FACEBOOK
>>
>>51541078
That's the helmet of our Spiritual Liege? I'm disappointed.
>>
File: C1.jpg (104KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
C1.jpg
104KB, 1000x1000px
>>51541172
not gold whaaa?

also cypher
>>
File: C3wf1WtWcAAuCJH.jpg (210KB, 900x1200px) Image search: [Google]
C3wf1WtWcAAuCJH.jpg
210KB, 900x1200px
>>
>>51541172
Wait so the painting from the classical Emps vs Horus really did have black Custodes?
>>
>>51541172
>that guy who painted one of his Custards black
Well.
>>
>>51541206
>that quote
Says the guy eaten by a sword.
>>
>>51541206
Raptora, raptora everywhere.
>>
>>51541206
So far so good for rules.
>>
>>51541190
Just another great Alan's fanfiction addition.
>>
>>51541190
That is a top model.
>>
>>51541284
Here's Leman Russ. Bullshit.
>>
>>51541291
Alan bligh is pretty based. Especially compared to his contemporaries.
>>
>>51541187
it's souped up Mk8 armour, not really strange he'd get a souped up Mk8 helmet

>>51541190
What a top release. You just know people are going to use him as a moritat.
>>
>>51541304
Those rules are fucking nuts.
>>
>>51541304
You've got to be fucking kidding me. Those rules are broken as hell. Fucl this gay earth

Are the special units at least good?
>>
>>51541304

Statline plx, friend.

Fellow Mathfags, I summon thee! We must see whether he can take his brethren as was promised. Unless he packs some mental stats, I think Scoria might just stand a chance, that's less crippling than Mortarion with Prenatural Resilience on, and he only barely loses there.
>>
File: 1441904800896.jpg (82KB, 535x543px) Image search: [Google]
1441904800896.jpg
82KB, 535x543px
>>51541304
Fuck me.
>>
>>51541304
>Weapon Mastery
>Axe of Helwinter is +2S Master-Crafted
>Scornspitter is AP3
Well I got some of it right.
>>
>>51541358
>Statline plx, friend.
I would assume it's the same as Get You By Russ.
>>
File: 10d.jpg (104KB, 960x925px) Image search: [Google]
10d.jpg
104KB, 960x925px
>>51541304
Oh great, glad that russ is a better duelist than my primarch, the fucking duelist primarch

Cant wait for Fulgrim to get bushwookied every single game I play against russ
>>
>>51541384
>the fucking duelist primarch
Lion?
>>
>>51541165
It's just a tease
>>
File: c31.jpg (22KB, 621x502px) Image search: [Google]
c31.jpg
22KB, 621x502px
>>51541304
Sire of the Space Wolves better fucking do fuck all, or he better cost 700 points

Fuck me, magnus is going to be garbage isnt he
>>
>>51541377
Ah, of course. Maths coming right up, Honestly think anyone other than Scoria or Horus is screwed. Even there, I suspect it's a toss-up.
>>
>>51541190
I miss old green Cypher.
>>51541304
I don't know what I'm looking at but what I do know is that Horus and Scoria need to tag team.
>>
>>51541304
>Exothermic field generators
>Makes the area around Russ colder
Wat.
>>
>>51541190
pssst, nothing personnel kid.
>>
File: 1478378655509.jpg (234KB, 662x670px) Image search: [Google]
1478378655509.jpg
234KB, 662x670px
>posts only half of each rules
>>
>>51541172
>>51541271
I thought about that as well, guess who's laughing now? Holyshit that's pretty funny, considering a lot of people got triggered by the black custode.
>>
So is Russ the strongest primarch?

He could solo the next 2 strongest primarchs, or 3 fulgrims
>>
>>51541443
you have russ statline on FW site.
>>
>>51541451
Easily.
>>
>>51541451
We haven't seen Mags's rules.
>>
File: 1468577225333.jpg (16KB, 560x280px) Image search: [Google]
1468577225333.jpg
16KB, 560x280px
>>51541087
>>51541172
>>51541206
>>51541304
IT BEGINS
>>
>>51541474
hes going to be shit in comparrison you know
>>
File: C3wf5HiXUAEP370.jpg (224KB, 900x1200px) Image search: [Google]
C3wf5HiXUAEP370.jpg
224KB, 900x1200px
>>
>>51541488
Those dubs are hard to disagree with but here's his rules >>51541497
>>
>>51541497
Niiiiiiiice.

Show the Sekhmet rules, please show all the special squad next!
>>
>>51541497
Holy balls, Mind Wrath. He nabs Smite, throws 5 charges at it, Mind Wrath, will be Assault 3 S: D Ignores Cover 76% of the time.
>>
>>
>>51541497
>absolutely nothing stopping him from having a 5/6 chance of getting invisibility every game
Russ ain't shit.
>>
>>51541497
not terrible i guess

should have been able to choose his powers though
>>
File: latest[1].jpg (387KB, 1399x850px) Image search: [Google]
latest[1].jpg
387KB, 1399x850px
So how would the Great Crusade go if the Necrons awakened in great numbers ? I'm talking about pre-Heresy but post-finding all the Primarchs Great Crusade vs majority of Necrons awaken.
>>
>>51541078
Looks pretty rubbish.

>>51541190
Not bad. A bit over the top, but acceptabel.
>>
>>51541582
not now
>>
File: cancer000.png (141KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
cancer000.png
141KB, 225x225px
>>51541567
>3250pts
>>
>Wolf fucker players face when invisible magnus shooting D beams at russ
>>
File: CRYSOMEMORE.jpg (56KB, 540x720px) Image search: [Google]
CRYSOMEMORE.jpg
56KB, 540x720px
AAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHA!
>>
File: RUSS2jpg.jpg (57KB, 720x540px) Image search: [Google]
RUSS2jpg.jpg
57KB, 720x540px
>>51541618
>>
>>51541567
That point cost is sinister alright.
>>
>>51541618
> WS:9
Woah.
>>51541640
Carlos!
>>
File: Strais bor.jpg (27KB, 271x294px) Image search: [Google]
Strais bor.jpg
27KB, 271x294px
>>51541639
IT KEEPS HAPPENENING
>>
File: 1471255896733.png (66KB, 205x205px) Image search: [Google]
1471255896733.png
66KB, 205x205px
>>51541661
>>
>>51541618
>455 points

Fuck. This. Shit.

What a stupid move, I mean for fuck's sake no one thought this through? At least he has no way of reliably killing vehicles.

But still, that's the most undercosted BS to date
>>
>>51541639
>>51541618
>>51541304
I want to start Space Wolves only so I could kill other peoples' primarchs, I don't even care about how the battles go.
>>
Wheres the magnus model? Is he at the open day?
>>
>>51541688
see>>51541639
We have Terminators now too. So be prepared for them to be good at both killing other termies and Tanks.
>>
>>
>>51541709
Have fun killing my magnus while hes invisible and firing D beams out his ass and smashing you with hammerhand :^)
>>
>>51541420
I guess Corax and Curze can hit 'n' run out to avoid the armour's freeze effect, and can probably get the charge each time with their added mobility. Still not sure I'd back them to beat Russ though.
>>
Scoria still beats him, taking 8 rounds to kill Russ on average, and dying to him (assuming he uses the axe, because it is quite a lot better against his toughness 6) in 8.68 rounds. But he wipes the fucking floor with Horus
>>
File: image.jpg (67KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
67KB, 640x640px
>>51541304
>>51541618
>>51541639
Cool.
>>
File: 1477509038299.jpg (49KB, 632x775px) Image search: [Google]
1477509038299.jpg
49KB, 632x775px
>Tfw russ could solo 5 of your primarch
>>
File: image.jpg (231KB, 924x636px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
231KB, 924x636px
We're all forgetting one thing that kills the Russ. One Punch Lion Man.
>>
>>51541777
Who's your Primarch?

I think he can beat 2-3 of every Primarch, but that figures for THE special snowflake legion
>>
>>51541688
He's not cracking spartans open, but 6 S8 Sunder attacks will put a dent in most other vehicles.
>>
>Magnus has invisibility, strength D and is impossible to hit
>no one cares because Russ is that good
Awoo~
>>
>>51534984
Terror Assault is probably the way to go. It’s limiting in that it requires three terror squads, but it is a little stronger than just using Orbital Assault.

Dreadclaws and Kharybdises can be taken without using a drop pod-allowing rite of war as long as you have the slots to spare. No problem there.
>>
How fucking obscene is Sang going to be, holy shit
>>
>>51536779
>£75 is too much
Just budget your food and water, still healthy of course, and that's at most 2 months disposable income
>>
Anything for Legio Cybernetica in Inferno?
>>
>>51541892
He'll tackle fliers.
>>
Where the fuck are the LA rules and units?Ahriman?

Is Magnus there?

Any pics of the special units?

Was russ literally the only model they had ready?
>>
File: C3ws7mTW8AERUIq.jpg-large.jpg (171KB, 768x1024px) Image search: [Google]
C3ws7mTW8AERUIq.jpg-large.jpg
171KB, 768x1024px
>>
>>51541746
Thing is, I have different maths here. R1, Scoria does 1.4137 wounds, R2+ 0.66 per round. Kills Russ in 8.

Russ does 0.5 wounds to Scoria per round with sword, adding 0.444 to them at the end of every 2 rounds due to Sever Life. This eventually translates into 6.925 rounds to kill Scoriaman.

Scoria just loses :(
So the 455 pt character will wind up on 1 wound, and then same thing as Horus happens, where some random Darkfire cannon shaves off the last wound. Or Scoria brings along the Homonculex and horribly murders him by refusing challenge and having the robot take the first round or two.
Magnus is impossible to calculate, thanks to psychic.
>>
>>51541907
The event has barely fucking started, chill.
>>
File: BLPROCESSED-Leman Russ MP3.jpg (119KB, 650x822px) Image search: [Google]
BLPROCESSED-Leman Russ MP3.jpg
119KB, 650x822px
>>51541798
Anyone got the audio book?
>>
>>51541918
True, I didn't think the sword would shave off that many wounds. Ah well, could just stick him in front of grav myrmidons. Then he dies like everything else.
>>
>>51541909
>Amon got rules
Fuck yeah.
>>
>>51541909
>NO WULFEN
>NO THUNDERWOLVES
>GREY SLAYERS
>MY BONER

Heres hoping I don't have to revamp too many of my dudes to fit them to this list.
>>
File: blogger-image-740225590.jpg (69KB, 640x626px) Image search: [Google]
blogger-image-740225590.jpg
69KB, 640x626px
>>51541907
Magnus has a finished model.
>>
>>51541909
Nice to see Amon included, will he have recon armour I wonder?
>>
>>51541909
>Only one thing with wolf in the name

looking good
>>
>>51541918
>>51541953

Wait, no! I thought the Sever Life was automatic, it actually needs a 7+, so 58.3%.

When I run that through, Russ needs 7.949 rounds to kill Scoria, Scoria, factoring in the slight damage his Machinator Array needs to kill Russ, kills him in 7.875 rounds. Scoria keeps the victory, by the slimmest of margins.

Get owned, dogfucker.
>>
>>51541909
>Talons of the Emperor
Come on anon, that's what we really want to see.
>>
>>51541741
Not with the extra wound effect. Even if corax forces Russ to -1 to hit it still won't go that well, though corax does get I it advantage at least on charge
>>
File: Scoria.jpg (136KB, 568x587px) Image search: [Google]
Scoria.jpg
136KB, 568x587px
>>51541989
*Slight damage his Machinator Array does on round 1, not sure what I was typing there.
Anyway, Omnissiah Vult!
>>
>>51541989
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Awesome. May his undercosted bullshit beat the lapdog of the false emperor. Ave Omnissiah!
>>
>>51540959
In which case WE need a source of good LA rules when they don't charge. This is a gripe I've had for ages, and I'm totally hijacking your comment to complain about how pretty much every good rule World Eaters has relies on them charging. EC have a similar issue, but at least they get Crusader always. On top of that, they have to not make a disordered charge, which would be fine since defensive grenades aren't very well distributed, but breachers exist. You can skirt around this by taking Bloodlust instead of Blood Madness, but it's a shit rule and then after avoiding being swept you have to not make a disordered charge to get your Rage benefits.
>>
Have they fucked the Vulterax!? Mechanical minds must know!
>>
>>51541909
>Priest of Fenris

Some special psyker?
>>
>>51541304
So hes like Angron or Sigi, a monster in close combat but not much else. Looks good but will suffer vs hordes unlike Angron who destroys anything in its path.
>>
>>51535052
It's implied at most. I wouldn't go so far as to call it canon. (But yes, the novels are canon... if they say something outright.)

>>51536000
What do you mean by >Praetor's bird?
Yeah, Path of Heaven was great. It's a little weird that to match the book, you'd want to make your Scars Breachers. But if you're looking at Terra, Assault Marines make more sense. Or Outriders/Scimitars, obviously, and give the Assault Marines to the Blood Angels. Doesn't really matter.

Only thing is... Leviathans that aren't in Drop Pods (which wouldn't make sense for a loyalist Siege of Terra army) tend to get shot down pretty quickly. Don't spend a lot of points on close combat stuff.

Bikes count as infantry, so use them if you have trouble getting the infantry vs. vehicle numbers working. Attack bikes have a healthy number of attacks and wounds if they see a good assault opportunity, so they work well with short-ranged weapons.
>>
>>51542040
We think alike.
>>
via Garro

INFERNO COVERAGE PRT1
please note, I will NOT be sending out photos or posting full page rules, please do not ask for them.
THOUSAND SONS
warlord must be a psyker
any independant character HQ choice can purchase mastery level one and exchange a power weapon for a force weapon for an additional fee
cult arcana, each squad chooses a cult (troops choices must be same as warlord) and gain access to a specfic psychic discipline and an additional bonus, there are 5 cults listed.
if any 1Ksons unit suffers an a wound (unsaved) due to perils, every 1kson unit in the army must take a pinning test
if all indepedant characters in the army are killed the rest of the force suffers -1LD
GENERAL UNITS
praetors may take up to 1-3 mastery levels
veteran squads and terminator squads can purchase brotherhood of the pysker
wargear
item that can ignore the first perils caused wound
plasma cannon with soul blaze
Asphyx rounds (bolter type weapons)
weapon gains shred, various points causes for certain units
>>
!
http://www.strawpoll.me/12261315
>>
>>51542015
I factored in Russ's higher initiative by the way, his damage is done first and kills S-man quicker, but he winds up a tiny bit short of the 5 wounds needed at the end of round 7, then loses on what is essentially points.

Practically, flip a coin. In the grand realm of theoryhammer, nailed it.

Someone else take over the rodgering of the Red. I'll miss half the rules. Remember no psychic bullshit allowed in honourable duelling aside from precognition, although with just invis Scoria might have it, given his spectacular performance against the Wolf King.
>>
via Garro

UNITS
Osiron dreadnought
contemptor upgrade, gains psychic pliot (lv1), admanitum will, and repaces dreadnought close combat weapon with force blade with combi-bolter (aphyx shells)
special type of castellax
basically plain castellax which uses pyskers instead of cybernetic cortex. only has mauler cannons
SEKHMET terminators
basically terminators with force weapons instead of power weapons, also brotherhood (lv2)
Khenetai occult blade squad
twin force swords, bonuses for more models in squad
brotherhood (lv1)
Ammitara occult intercession cabal
super scouts with access to melta and plasma guns
brotherhood (lv1) with their own special power which gives rerolls to hit and wound, plus ignores cover
RITES OF WAR
number 1
passes all morale and pinning tests while in 6" of an objective
overwatch at BS2
reroll to hit and wound against enemy units which are falling back
all troops choices must be max size
number 2
roll 2d6 for warp charges, and take the highest
terminator armed models may deepstrike, gain fear and may reroll failed invuln saves of 1's until the begaining of their next turn
Sekhmet terminators are complusory troops for this rite
magnus the red is a HQ choice (complusory) not a lord of war as usual
warlord must be magnus, arihman, or praetor with mastery level 3
no allies or fortification
must have less vehicles than units with LA:thousand sons
CHARACTERS
ahriman
mastery level 4
3 1kson units gain scout as his warlord trait
his command squad may take brotherhood of the psyker
mastercrafted force axe
Magistus Amon
master of spies, mastery level 3, allows a single non-superheavy non-flyer unit to deploy by outflank on a predetermined turn
>>
>>51542043
Probably eitther their apothecary variant or their librarian variant. Wolf priest or Rune priest.

Wolf priest is probably covered well enough as an apothecary so its likely the runepriestt with some kind of elemental powers.
>>
>>51542050

White Scars get a Cyber Hawk that's a token allowing rerolls to hit on units within 6".
>>
MECHANICUM PHOTOS PLEASE.
>>
>>51542083
He's listed along special characters, so he must be something special.
>>
>>51542049
We don't know what some of the rules here do yet >>51541639
>>
Makes me happy I'm playing Blackshields, none of this seems anything more than I had expected.
>>
>>51541304
>he can beat angron in combat
Oh cmon, I know I'm a fag for wanting to redo BL events but I don't want the ending to be that alternate
>>
WHERE IS MY MECHANICUM?
>>
File: image.jpg (681KB, 800x513px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
681KB, 800x513px
>>51542137
It's somewhere, Anon, but you will have to wait.
>>
VUUUUUUUUUUULTARAX
>>
>>51542096
>>51542137
Jesus shut the fuck up and wait.
>>
Thousand Sons are overpowered. Mind bullets for days.

Invisibility for days.
>>
>Destroyer 24" range Nova

Fug. No way he is bellow 650.
>>
File: C3wyJZsWIAMSTmR.jpg-large.jpg (168KB, 768x1024px) Image search: [Google]
C3wyJZsWIAMSTmR.jpg-large.jpg
168KB, 768x1024px
Mmmm, so nordic.
>>
>>51542232
>'Void Seahorse' Armourial (associated with Breacher troops and ship-to-ship specialists)
>>
File: C3wy0NRXUAA_jOK.jpg-large.jpg (64KB, 540x960px) Image search: [Google]
C3wy0NRXUAA_jOK.jpg-large.jpg
64KB, 540x960px
>>
>>51542223
Just under 500
>>
File: 3c6.jpg (92KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
3c6.jpg
92KB, 400x400px
>Started TSons army before I knew they were good
>mfw now
>>
>>51542254
>Officio Assassinorum
HYPE
>Templi-Chronos
TIME-TRAVELLING HYPE
>>
>>51542261
Fuck off Anon, dedicated anti pysker hate will have to be fielded. The sheer number of pysker related bonuses will see to that.
>>
>>51538641
What's the best way for us to provide input for future points/stats adjustments?

Are they considering changes based on Radio Free Isstvan's questions and legion player survey?

Are they planning on increasing miniature overlap with GW's plastic range as we get deeper into the Heresy? (e.g. using 40k Thousand Sons miniatures in the Siege of Terra instead of making resin ones.)
>>
>>51542254
Post pictures of the entries or get the fuck out Anon. Your charity is moot if it is of no real value.
>>
>>51542232
those are pretty cool
>>
I honestly cant contain my excitment. Rules fluff...only thing I need are actual models and I can die happy.
>>
>>51542253
>mfw I hold a strange affection towards seahorses

>wyrm mark
>encoded memetic significance
>>
>>51542306
Settle down bro

I'd like to see more pics of models personally.
>>
File: 48821133 for Alpharius.png (87KB, 744x295px) Image search: [Google]
48821133 for Alpharius.png
87KB, 744x295px
>>51542333
>>>>>mfw
>>
>>51542232
Nice.
>>
>>51542333
Anon, pwease can we see more of this page?
>>
>>51542333
But isn't the God-Emperor always present?
>>
File: 1485411737026.jpg (4MB, 2517x3190px) Image search: [Google]
1485411737026.jpg
4MB, 2517x3190px
>>51542333
quads of emperors glory
>>
>>51542338
It's stupid though. He is posting pictures of fragments of entries, the thread is going to reach the sage limit soon and we have yet to receive anything of really value. We have the primarch entries between four or five pictures and pretty much nothing else of real value.

I'll fucking buy the book and scan its contents myself if this tease continues.
>>
File: MUH DIK.jpg (8KB, 185x273px) Image search: [Google]
MUH DIK.jpg
8KB, 185x273px
>>51542333
>>
>Russ beats the fuck out of Angron now

Do they read the Lore?
>>
>>51542368
Yes.
>>
>>51542368
>tfw he has a rule called "The Emperor Protects"
>2+/2++ with 2+ FNP, all re-rollable
>>
>>51542377
I assumed he is posting them from elsewhere on the web.

But fuck it scan away anon!
>>
>>51542393
Balenights +d3 wounds should be 1d6 vs toughness, or even, y'know, a toughness test rather than making up new mechanics for no reason.
>>
>>
>>51542426
The Emperor will probably end up being a slightly better pysker than Magnus and a slightly better beat stick than Russ.

Expect something beyond a greater Demon with amazing wargear.
>>
>>
>>51542450
Well, it's essentially T test on 2d6. Thing is, it's not written that way, so Scoria, an Archmagos or an Iron Hands guy can't use a cyber-familiar to reroll it. No matter, Scoria still wins.
>>
Someone secure the Vulterax and mechanicum assault tank pages!
>>
>>51542490
Show us Sisters and other talons of emps. Please.
>>
Vulterax!
>>
File: righted.jpg (219KB, 768x1024px) Image search: [Google]
righted.jpg
219KB, 768x1024px
>>51542520
>>
>>51542536
You post had no inferno picture! Please fix this mistake.
>>
>>51537435
Isn't boarding actions one of the IFs main things? Who else specializes at that
>>
>>51542557
>Ben Kingsley is in the Thousand Sons confirmed

Nice. Did anyone post Magnus's point cost?
>>
>>51542539
Congrats on the rotation
>>
>>51542557
Ben Kingsley?
>>
Wtf I love the VIth and XVth legions now
>>
>>51542557
He looks like mix of Ben kingsley and jaffar from Alladin
>>
>>51542539
>ywn be a legionary judge dredd, executing space wolves for any reason you deem necessary.
>>
https://youtu.be/MhgS_5r7drI

Duncan a cute! CUTE
>>
>>51542333
Emps
shittones of custodes spears.
wow
>>
wait wheres the rest of the thousand sons rules?
>>
>>51542539
That looks fuckingawesome. I love all the pre-primarch legion stuff, but this takes the fucking cake.
>>
File: mkeks.png (176KB, 358x310px) Image search: [Google]
mkeks.png
176KB, 358x310px
>>51542621
tzeentch is tormenting you and only you on purpose
>>
File: warhammer40000RT.jpg (197KB, 700x971px) Image search: [Google]
warhammer40000RT.jpg
197KB, 700x971px
>>51542539
>literally field police
that's awesome
>>
>>51542646
holy shit what a throw back.
>>
>>51542539
>No one awoos on my watch!.
>>
>>51542621
What are you talking about anon the TS rules->>51542640
Oh, that would explain it, Tzeentch has blinded you.
>>
More pics! Need more pics!
>>
>>51542690
waaaaht??
>>
>>51542539
SW before Russ. No wolfines at all. Why did you have to ruin everythin Leman? Why?
>>
>>51542690
That's a nice scheme.
>>
>>51542690
Wtf is this?
>>
>>51542690
Who the fuck is this XVth legionary, and what's that rad orange and blue all about?
>>
>>51542690
AHAHAHHAHAHA
Thats awful, I love it.
>>
>>51542721
They probablly wanted to defaced their armor, legionary dredd would kill them for it.

>>51542732
pre magnus TS I imagine.
>>
>>51542690
Is this pre furry VI legionary?
>>
Can the next thread be devoted to all the pre-primarch legions, not just inferno?
>>
File: image.jpg (40KB, 600x765px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
40KB, 600x765px
>>51542690
That's pretty.
>>
>>51542690
Looks like a NASCAR driver.
>>
EVERYONE IN THE NEW THREAD, SPECIFICALLY REINFORCED FOR INFERNO.
>>51542751
>>
>>51542750
Theres a huge M on his shoulder, he's a M son.
>>
>>51542750
the M makes me assume it's a pre-magnus thousand son
>>
>>51542690
wtf
>>
>>51542690
I just love how oldhammer he looks.
FW has done it again.
>>
>>51542646
Oh shit son

>>51542748
Well duh.
That was my hyperbolic way of saying "MOAR PICS!!1!"
Also I do think the colours look cool
>>
File: image.jpg (169KB, 768x1024px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
169KB, 768x1024px
>>51541172
I only got up to this stage then I stripped it and made it gold like the rest

>REEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>51542769
You beat me too it.
>>
File: 1477709943715.jpg (73KB, 591x868px) Image search: [Google]
1477709943715.jpg
73KB, 591x868px
>>51542690
>Your sons have always been a little weird, Magnus!
>>
Shitty image but still an inferno pic...
>>
>>51542806
The Kurgan?!
>>
>>51542450
It's the worst rule in the entire game. 2d6 average is 7.

You should NEVER fail it.

If I see Russ I'm brining all the cheese and cancer possible.
>>
File: IMG_20170203_223726.jpg (148KB, 768x1024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170203_223726.jpg
148KB, 768x1024px
>>
File: TS_bright.jpg (220KB, 1962x472px) Image search: [Google]
TS_bright.jpg
220KB, 1962x472px
People don't know the M! Holy fuck.
>>
>>51542876
Thanks you! Have a grey Slayer.
>>
>>51542961
M8, post in the other thread
>>
>>51539159
Fulgrim is too busy jerking himself off to be annoyed about anything
>>
>>51542961
>colors
Absolutely disgusting.
>>
>>51542646
Damn, good eye!
>>
Any pictures of the custodes rules floating around yet?
>>
>>51538095
>Because Girlyman won't make /hhg/ great again. Girlymen get grabbed by the boypussy.
My fucking sides.
>>
>>51537661

ever wondered why FW never released a MK3 jump pack assault squad?
because jump troops didn't use MK3. it was too heavy.
MK2 or MK4. you dun goofed up
>>
Nearly 450 posts?!

Inferno truly has saved /HHG/
>>
File: IMG_3834.jpg (62KB, 405x720px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3834.jpg
62KB, 405x720px
>>
>>51542232
>>51542460
>Cult of Morkai
>That's actually the Red Moon
You had one job, FW, one fucking job.
>>
>>51544415
Make bigger turbines.
>>
>>51542690
This must be how they explain the TS going to blue and yellow after they split from Magnus (which I've never fully understood... did Ahriman only take a small group with him, and most TSons are still under Magnus's command?)
Thread posts: 453
Thread images: 95

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.