[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/CofD/ &/wodg/ Chronicles of Darkness and World of Darkness

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 356
Thread images: 31

File: Tzitzimitl (1).jpg (103KB, 339x477px) Image search: [Google]
Tzitzimitl (1).jpg
103KB, 339x477px
Previous Thread: >>51519154

>Pastebin:
http://pastebin.com/xrKUUi0A
>News
http://theonyxpath.com/release-roundup-january-2017/
https://www.paradoxinteractive.com/en/white-wolf-partners-with-focus-home-interactive-for-a-video-game-adaptation-of-the-world-of-darkness-storyteller-game-werewolf-the-apocalypse/
This week's Monday Meeting Notes:
http://theonyxpath.com/braaaazillll-monday-meeting-notes/
>Question
What are some of the weirdest monsters you've seen in game? And how many are probably your ST's magical realm?

Also the Hunter supplement to Beast it out to KS backers, expect it shared sometime tonight or tomorrow.
>>
Favorite rituals?
>>
Anyone want to upload the new hunter pdf?
>>
>>51529765
Yeah, I hate beast but love hunters. I wanna see this.
>>
>>51529782
Do we finally get someone in who acknowledges most hunter groups have no reason to like beasts
>>
File: heroes.png (234KB, 317x251px) Image search: [Google]
heroes.png
234KB, 317x251px
>>51529765
>>
>>51529860
>back door way to make playable heroes
Nice

I know that the Pack and some of the Beast fiction anthology threw some shade at Beast, is there anything in here?
>>
>>51522254
There is literally no proof that Zapthasura didn't go super saiyan during week of nightmares and nWoD is just the reality he imposed on the world
>>
>>51529833
Wait what? Why would hunters ever even consider not shooting Beasts on sight? They don't even have the option of TRYING to not be harmful unlike leeches, and leeches still don't deserve anything but napalm rounds.
>>
So does anyone have an example of those particularly egregious sidebars from nWoD everyone keeps talking about?
>>
>>51529903
What was it in the Pack? I didn't know that book even acknowledged it. I have it just to have, but haven't read it yet.
>>
>>51529942

So its bootleg uninspired reality then?
>>
>>51529976

Just like the actual game. :^)
>>
>>51529976
What do you expect of gypsies?
>>
>>51529455

I just don't get his logic that the gods stay the same between their heyday and now when many of them changed so much even back then.

>>51529495

All I care about is the Incarnate rules from the Companion.
>>
>>51529971
Can't some types of beasts still get by with just vandalism or burglary or engaging in really bad sportsmanship, or did that change at some point in development?
>>
>>51530129
Pretty much.
But that's like trying to get by on a small pack of assorted nuts.
>>
>>51530129
They can. They'll be not very well fed, and their Soul will go on horrific, dream rampages that will bring mind scarring nightmares and draw heroes to their location, but they can.
>>
>>51529971
>Shoot on sight
>Look like normal people up to and including children apparently
>>
>>51530037
>All I care about is the Incarnate rules from the Companion.
Can't play Incarnates without the main rules to run them with.
>>
>>51530266
Kill everyone, just to be sure.
>>
>>51530294

Well, yeah. Here's hoping they fix up the Nether because that first draft was abysmal. And the Gallic and Canaanite Pantheons should both be really fucking fun.

They should do historical settings someday.
>>
>>51530309
Especially the children.
>>
>>51530309
Do you want slashers? Because that's how you get slashers.
>>
So has anyone shared Night horrors: Conquering heroes?
>>
>>51530364
Spoiler, the new type antagonist they offer are Beasts that are insatiable, called Insatiables and they hunt beasts. Oooooo, so cool. They're beasts that beast more beastly than beasts.
>>
>>51530364
>>51499051
>>
>>51530391
Lemme guess.... they're evil and bad with absolutely no self awareness that maybe the Beasts themselves are the least redeemable splat of all time?
>>
>>51529860
>Hunters looks at a Beast
>"Should I care?"

>Hunters looks at a Hero
>"Just going to stay out of his way"
>>
>>51530495
that or are even more misunderstood and disenfranchised and opposing one makes your beast just as terrible and irredemable as a hero becasue you could have just LET them eat you, you filthy evil racist
>>
>>51530546
In some ways I like this better than them outright hating them. They are seen as unimportant, irrelevant, and unworthy of anyone's time much like their game line.
>>
>>51530495
Honestly man I didn't really read much into them once I saw that, "Oh, beasts that double beast. A less intresting Strix, cool."
>>
>>51529184
If i recall correctly, their biggest supporters were the Nephandi, the Technocrats used to support them, but Pearl Harbor happened. Some European Get joined in.The Sabbat ghouled Himmler and made him into a Tremere,Goering was vamped, but i don't know which clan. No idea on the other splats. Other than it couldn't have been the gypsies.
>>
>>51530592
I imagine it's more of a sliding scale. Like a Autumn changeling. or a vampire. Physiological distress on one person over and over again is kind of fucked up. It's also a little hard to prove. and raises questions that will make some hesitate as they come to a conclusion. But a beast regularly causing collateral damage or kidnapping and or hurting folks, Puts them right on top of the shit list.

A Hero on the other hand is more awkward. All she/he wants to do is kill beasts. shurgs maybe direct them to worst of the worst first, and then just kind of stay out of his way let him do his own thing. unless they can get something out of cooperation like the Silversmith
>>
Is the Grandmother stronger than God?
>>
>>51530806
Problem is that Heros will drag other normal people down into the shit fest just to make their chances better of killing the beast, and that isn't guranteed. So they're possibly huge sources of collateral damaged and dead community memebers.

>>51530849
Grand Maw is probably not stronger than god, since you know, God/The creator is fucking strong.
>>
>>51530979
>normal people
that's like saying mages cause collateral damage because they have cults. it's not exactly a big difference
>>
>>51531152
Well, gunning down wizards is at least theoretically a thing Hunters often like to do, so "Mages are just as bad" doesn't seem like an argument against Hunters disapproving.
>>
>>51531152
I'm fairly certain there's a whole book about hunters hunting 'Witches', so you know. Also most mage cults don't -actually- go into hell dimensions to hunt monsters.
>>
>>51529942
That's not how burden of proof works anon. The game material presented to us claims that he is dead, as according to Time of Thin Blood; therefore it is up to you, the one who makes the positive claim, to prove this false by providing quotes, citations and proof for your stance.
>>
>>51531236
>>51531224
the point being having followers is no different than mages having cults or vampires having retainers. as far as I'm concerned they signed up for it
>>
>>51531352
I think for hunters, though, deliberately putting even-less-comprehending normies in the line of fire is usually used as an example of going off the deep end.
>>
Has Night Horrors: Conquering Heroes been shared?
>>
>>51531352
You sound like someone not far from going Slasher anon, you know people being manipulated by the monsters should be saved, not just allowed to be butchered right?
>>
Halp! I've got an hour to make a ghost for a Mage Ascension game and I've never played the system before. What books do I need?
>>
So I know in Ascension using magic is a supposed to be a very focused on how you "do" your magic, coming up with cool little rituals and stuff for all your spells but I'm going to be picking up Awakening 2e soon and I'm wondering if it does the same thing.

Because from what I've read they've kind of narrowed down the paradigm equivilents down to 5 (I expect I'm missing something).
>>
I haven't been following OPP's releases closely for while now, but how is Lost 2e looking?
>>
>>51531677
Seemings are less important and less intresting now, everything else looks good. It'll be out summer, maybe, hopefully.
>>
>>51531677
Like it's been mauled be a rabid David Hill.
>>
>>51531553
Legacies are sort of the equivalent you can tailor it to what flavor mage you want to be.
>>
>>51531677
The new Contract system is nice. Everything else though...
>>
>>51531722
How is magic handled before you have a legacy? If I remember correctly getting a Legacy is like putting on your big boy shoes in Mage.
>>
>>51531677

Much improved.
>>
>>51531512
you purposely confusing the narrative of me caring about what a grown ass adults do with themselves, apparently storming the castle. and me gunning down innocents for no reason.

Followers aren't metaphysically enforced to follow heroes, they just are. much like heroes themselves. They choose to follow. Are you also concerned with what grown adults do in the behind closed doors?

>>51531433
That's a moral call. and I'll point out. Hunters were once less then comprehending normies when they started too. How is this any different?
>>
>>51531520
First open mage the awakening. play awakening. It already has the death arcane
>>
>>51531801
Oh no, I wasn't doing it on purpose, I misunderstood which way you where coming from. I apologize.
>>
>>51531677

Hill's been taking a great big steaming dump on it from the bits they've shown off so far, and there's no telling how big the shit pile will end up being by the time it releases.
>>
>>51531849
I'm told we'll be playing Ascension, not Awakening.
>>
>>51531849
The death Arcana doesn't help you play a ghost, that's influence/numina and dread powers. You either fall 'spirit' generation or you handle it like a true charecter creation in nWoD, though as far as I know the only place you handle it as a real charecter is Mummy.
>>
>>51531801
Going to have to disagree with you there.
>>
>>51531553
Eh, paradigms are different to paths.
Those each correspond to one of the 5 Supernal Realms from which Mages can draw their power.
Those provide you with a perspective on Magic which you interpret in certain ways, and determine your Ruling (easy to cast) Arcana (for which each Path has two, one overt like Space, and one subtle like Mind).

Now, your Mage can interpret that any way they like, but their attitude towards Magic and what they can do will be shaped by their path.
However you can still learn other Arcana, and be just as proficient as any other Path with enough training, and rotes/praxes.

Mages don't need anything to cast. Full stop. They can snap their fingers and try to summon a Ghost from the Underworld. However that's hard. So they instead learn and use Yantras, which call upon the symbols of the Fallen world to bestow them with power from the Supernal.
So they might hold a Candlelight Vigil while summoning the Ghost, with an item it cared for during life, while burning its corpse's Bones.

Similarly, Mages can further enhance certain paths of spellcasting through taking on Shadow Names, or joining Legacies.
e.g.
A Mastigos joins the Legacy of The Strangers, who hide their identities to avoid Fate catching ahold of them. When casting while fully obscured, they can use that as a Yantra.

An Obrimos (Celestial Mage, Forces and Prime) might take the Shadow Name "Seraph", and Angel of Fire. Which means they can gain a bonus when casting any spell in the manner of a Seraph, such as using Forces to take flight, to burn sinners with fire, or to use Prime to ensure people know you speak Truth.

In Mage, you build your own mystic identity more. You're not calling upon a perspective in the consensus, you're accumulating your own array of symbols reflected in the Supernal.
>>
>>51531801
Somewhat improved, a few decreases in quality. Seemings are worse and pledges have been butchered, but the contracts are better.
>>
>>51531823
Oh no, I wasn't doing it on purpose, I misunderstood which way you where coming from. I apologize.

Whoops, sent that to the wrong person first time, fuck me.
>>
>>51531787
A Legacy is your coming of Age.
It's you displaying to the world how you really want to use your Magic, a commitment.
So you might join the Stone Scribes, who seek to catalogue the Final Names of the dying.
Or the Tamers of Fire, who impassion the hearts of mankind, and wield elemental Fire.
They provide potent abilities.
You can also create your own.

Before your Legacy, you're kind of raw. Undecided.
You can do anything in your purview, cast anything.
Even after you've joined a Legacy, you can still do that.
You're just likely better at your Legacy's stuff.

Your Path is where your Magic comes from.
Your Order is your mystical Philosophy.
Your Legacy is a commitment to how you will apply your Magic.
>>
>>51531899
I'm told I should be using Wraith to build the character, except I'm unsure how to make a character that wont turn out to be crap. Any pitfalls I should be aware of?
>>
>>51531961
Well, yes technically wraith is the place to start in oWoD if you wanna build a ghost, it's the game all about playing them. Sadly I never got to play Wraith, sorry. I'm waiting for the 20th anniversary edition to come out before I get into it.

A small problem is that Wraiths aren't -really- supposed to be interacting with mortals from what I know and you need illegal (in universe) powers to even effect people in the flesh.

You miiiight be better off asking the OPP Wraith forums, since it's not 4chan and your more likely to have people that have played the game give you advice instead of people here telling you to play nWoD or be cunts. Of course they're slower on OPP so... Sorry man.
>>
>>51531787
I've only played ascension once so I barely remember the terminology. A legacy is seen as maturing in your magic in pentacle society. It confers a bunch of benefits like an additional ruling arcana, an additional source of mana, and attainments which are essentially paradox free spells.

So two mages can share path, order, arcana only differing in their legacies and they will play radically different. I kind of liken it to a mage's 'religion'. It's how they choose to practice their magic will they be using appalacian hoodoo, some form of hermetic sorcery, techno-sorcery, etc.
>>
>>51531913
>>51531954

Thanks anon(s), you really helped clear things up.

I'm definitely going to have get used to the fact that the concensus isn't a thing.
>>
>>51532169
Don't worry, you have gnosticism to get you through the Lie of it all
>>
>>51532169
Well, the consensus is still around, sort of, in the form of the Lie. The Lie serves the same purpose of keeping Mages down and magic hidden from normies, and it was created by the Exarchs, who fill the role of the oppressors in Awakening as opposed to the Technocracy in Ascension. The biggest difference is that you don't work magic with just your own personal consensus anymore. As the other anons explained you work it through your Path to the Supernal Realms.
>>
So I want to get into V:TM lore. What oWoD books should I read and avoid? For instance, I heard Kindred of the East was garbage.
>>
>>51531951
fair mistake Anon. I should have been more clear. that one is on me. lets both agree mistakes were made. no hard feelings
>>
>>51532616
Read the old testament and pretend every other person has fangs or something.
>>
>>51531913
>An Obrimos (Celestial Mage, Forces and Prime) might take the Shadow Name "Seraph", and Angel of Fire
I am guilty of playing this character
>>
>>51532503
Why did the exarch let humanity get as advanced as it's become?
>>
>>51532909
They don't care about technology. In fact I wouldn't be surprised to learn that they helped it along. The more humans learn about science and whatnot, the convinced they become that it's all there is to the world. It enforces the Lie.
>>
>>51533011
Actually science specifically does not enforce the lie. Blind acceptance of "expert opinions", pseudoscience, and anti-intellectualism all feed the lie.

In fact several factions in the Free Council believe that science might be a way to backdoor the lie and effectively turn everyone into sleepwalkers since it will be impossible to tell the difference between magic and hyper advanced technology.
>>
>>51532848
I know Trent, pity you can't play.
>>
>>51533089
I wasn't singling out science per se as enforcing the Lie, I meant the kind of people who see it as all there is to the world and flat out deny the existence of anything remotely supernatural. I could have been more clear about that, sorry.

I also don't want to sound like I'm shitting on scientifically minded people because I'm actually one of the people who flat out denies the existence of anything supernatural.
>>
>>51533221
No its fine, one of the reasons that I prefer nMage is that it's free of Brucato's brain damage ramblings about the evils of the modern world. It embraces science and makes it one of the possible avenues to supernal truth rather than the source of all human ills. That it can be corrupted by the Exarchs to reinforce the lie in various ways makes it no more unusual than their corruptions of faith, economics or natural instinct.
>>
File: God.jpg (18KB, 210x240px) Image search: [Google]
God.jpg
18KB, 210x240px
>>51530979
You must remember that each gameline has their own version of a supreme being. God isn't necessarily stronger than an Archmage in Ascension, the Triat isn't necessarily stronger than God in Masquerade. Likewise, The Grand Maw is supreme in Wraith. You need to fill in the blanks when you initialize crossover.

The same can be said of CofD with the God-Machine, Exarchs, Gaia and The Principle.
>>
>>51533185
Sawll good mate :)
>>
>>51533299
Is that why the bad guys in Ascension are essentially super scientists? Is it Brucato shoving in a great big hamfisted metaphor for how science is supposedly keeping humanity down?
>>
>>51533376
Kinda. In the earliest edition that was the case but as it progressed it tried to make them sympathetic.

It's the age old Freedom vs Wellbeing thing.
>>
>>51533376
Basically, the Technocracy was written in a more sympathetic light later on but Ascension never really shook it's anti-science roots.
>>
File: Guide to the Technocracy.png (90KB, 766x376px) Image search: [Google]
Guide to the Technocracy.png
90KB, 766x376px
>>51533376
Propoganda. It's all propoganda.
Also they're only "bad" so far as they're semi-corrupt, and prefer safety, security and well regulated and controlled change to the elitist chaos of the Traditions.
>>
>>51533481
In the earliest editions, they were kind of just paradox spirits. MIBs open the door to the chantry and pull you in their van for abusing your magic. or at least that's how I remember their write up. They did get expanded. I just don't know when
>>
>>51533550
My bad then.
>>
UP-AND-COMING COMPACT: TOMB RAIDERS
One collection of hunter cells is in the process of becoming a full-fledged Compact. These Reclaimers, or Tomb Raiders as some jokingly call them, specialize in robbing Beast lairs. They believe Beasts pull the bricks and mortar of their lairs from the collective human subconscious, and they aim to steal them back. Their philosophy states that as these fundamental human strands collectively weaken the species when not in human hands. Now, this doesn’t mean they attempt to return these strands to their original owners; they believe it’s their right to steward these lost threads.

While they don’t have inherent membership advantages, they do have a single secret, an important secret: They’ve found a way to fnd and open gateways to these lairs. This doesn’t mean they’re naturally able to traverse these lairs; an underwater palace is still under water. But this first step confounds many hunters, and Reclaimers don’t have that concern.

They’re not quite a true Compact yet; their network just doesn’t have the resources and support necessary to afford rank-and-fle members any measurable advantages. This is changing every night, though. With every lair raided, they get closer and closer

I honestly kinda like this, the Mortal Remians: Beast, has seem'd pretty good so far.
>>
>>51533606
It's the first step to what I really want.
A Hunter Compact about raiding the Temenos.
>>
>>51530849
Wasn't the Grandmaw some kind of anti-god/reverse-god/god's sister?

I bet she's a fucking hot slut though
>>
>>51533606
I don't think there was much question that Beasts make great antagonists, which is why I am waiting with baited breath for someone to share the pdf.
>>
Scion forums edgelord has progressed to "if you're going to have your Scion characters not be shunned for being gay then you may as well have nobody react to them being a baby-eating peychopath."

Why do I go to these forums, again?

>>51533606

I hope Hunter 2e is full of stuff like this.
>>
Also for those wondering, The Dream Warriors are in the Mortal remains thing for beast.

The other two hunter groups they get is based around Support groups that brings us this gem:

"They questioned the monsters and found that many of these Beasts believed they were teaching through pain, fear, and tribulation. While the group acknowledges that agenda, they wholeheartedly reject it. Yes, a person can find strength from pain. But the results of the pain are still very real. You may find strength in losing an arm in a war. That’s more than made up for when you no longer have a hand to use, or when you wake up in tears because of the trauma. People can learn without pain. No man, no Beast has the right to “teach” without a student’s consent."

The other group is... Well, it started out from a Survivalist SovCit compound that got raided by a beast and mostly destroyed... By the Hero that killed the beast. In present day they hunt Heros, seeing them as idiots that try to stop the things that teach humanity their follies and are signs of divinity. Kinda weird to see a hunter group that doesn't hunt only the splat, but the splats antagonist as well.
>>
>>51533731
They both get buttfucked into oblivion by an Arete 10 Archmage.
>>
>>51533836
Shoo, we're talking about hunter throwing shade at Beast now
>>
>>51533791
Oh and to make the joke more clear, that second group is called 'The Reckoning', they're isolationst fundementalist people that kill monsters. Trump even paid for one of their mebers legal fee's.
>>
>>51533942
God bless America!
>>
>>51533791

>The Dream Warriors are in

Yes! Mortal Remains: Beast confirmed for best Beast book.
>>
>>51531954
What if I want to be pathless, orderless and legacyless?
>>
>>51534029
Can't be pathless, everything else is ok though
>>
>>51534029
Then you can get fucked, because:
1. You can't have no Path
2. The Orders are a massive part of the game
3. Legacies cost almost nothing for massive benefits
>>
>>51534061
There are rules for orderless mages in 2e core.
>>
>>51534029

You can't do magic without a Path, the Orders offer massive perks but you're welcome to be an apostate, and you're welcome to go without a Legacy but other mages will judge you for it.
>>
>>51534061
>>51534039
Fuck you both, I'm gonna walk my own path like some kind of anime protagonist
>>
>>51534096
Then you won't be a mage. It would be like playing Vampire without wanting to be embraced.
>>
>>51534096
I'm pretty sure the people that do that raipidly gain gnosis and then fucking explode becuase fuck you that's not what the oracles said you where allowed to do.
>>
>>51534129
Actually they don't do it at all because it's literally not possible.
>>
>>51534096
Despite the enormous attempts, Anime just doesn't mix well with WoD. Go play Exalted.
>>
>>51533376
>bad guy is a human bean
>this means human beans are bad
No.
>>
>>51533836

Careful, you're just going to bait the Caine worshipping Vampfags. They will try to convince you that 10 dot Disciplines are somehow the equivalent of the Archspheres.
>>
>>51534124
>>51534129
>>51534207
Then I'm gonna build my own tower because those 5 in the core book fucking suck
>>
>>51534280
What exactly is your problem with them? They cover a huge breadth if character concepts that can be justified in them (Obrimos can be both born again Jesus freaks and hardline atheist scientists for example)
>>
>>51534154
Actually it is, it's called a false awakening, it appears in Night horrors: The Unbidden.
>>
>>51534376
I thought it was a false awakening because you explicitly didn't awaken?
>>
>>51529662
Oh, the rattlesnake-dick ladies, that's cool. Are they actually in World of Darkness?
>>
>>51534029
It's impossible to be a Mage without a path. I can understand being orderless, but Legacies reflect the shape of your soul and are fundamental to an aspiring wizard.

>>51534207
Exalted isn't actually based on Anime. It's more so a "high energy" setting.

>>51534271
Relative supernatural abilities were never meant to scale equally until CofD came around.
Forces 7 can already achieve the effects of Protean 10 with far less hassle other than the obvious Paradox.
>>
Technically you can be a Mage without one of the 5 Paths.
But that involves Archmastery.
>>
>>51534061
>pathless
Actually that is a theoretical possibility. There was a 'sixth' watchtower hinted at in one of the later supplements. more than likely an plot / setting idea than a part of the main game.

The five known and expected paths are kind of the largest and most well worn magical archetypes. That kind of grounded symbolism helps in the making but by no means is a watchtower visit required anymore. and honestly the whole signing business was a terrible lark along with atlantis. More symbol than fact. The mystery plays are where it's at mate.

also the five paths and the five orders are apart of the 5by5 x/y model they use.

The biggest part of awakening is seeing the lie, rejecting it and finding your own truth. the "orcals" are matrix shortcuting and the signing is just a reaffirmation of self in the lie

Playing a pathless mechanically? no ruling arcane. so you're kind of dick in the mana department. you've got to pay for every improvised spell

So in the end yes and no. RAW no. RAI possible.

In fact, we have clannless vampires call reverents. They get dicked hard, but can become full clan vampires by being adopted in a second embrace, or straight up diaboing a guy.

basically pathless sounds like plot fodder. could be the start of an extended mystery play, a ticking time bomb, a new way or more likely an An Heroed.

Special snowflake territory be warned
>>
Did WtF do away with the whole Metis/spiritual incest shindig?
>>
>>51534411

Entropy 7 can determine the fate of entire species. You don't need to be a relatively powerful Archmage to kill every single Kindred on the planet.
>>
File: im scared.png (7KB, 377x326px) Image search: [Google]
im scared.png
7KB, 377x326px
Can this please not revert back to a baseless splat war?
>>
File: magefagsOfTheArt.png (85KB, 908x440px) Image search: [Google]
magefagsOfTheArt.png
85KB, 908x440px
>>
>>51534524
Partly in 1e, almost entirely in 2e as far as I know. I think it just makes a potent wolfblood when two wolfs bang now.
>>
>>51534605
>universe-bending magic

This is just going to reinforce mage pride. You're not helping.
>>
>>51534633
magefags can't read anyways. at least the rest of us can be informed, they're full of shit
>>
in Old World of Darkness. Do you allow rolls whose increases in difficulty would raise the target number to above 10 or do you just declare them not possible?
>>
>>51534644
>Archmagic is hard

You don't say?
>>
>>51534524

In 1e, it made a gross spirit monstrosity called a Unihar.

Those are gone in 2e, as is the prohibition against werewolf sex.
>>
>>51534781
I wish they'd kept it an anti yiffing game. That's the one redeeming feature of OWoDs Garou. It's agaisnt their stupid religon to fuck each other.
>>
>>51534921

They got rid of it because it was already in Apocalypse and Forsaken is a different game. I wish Requiem was aggressive about not standing in its predecessor's shadow as Forsaken is.

The yiff game is Changeling, did nobody clue you in?
>>
File: Caine.png (148KB, 555x566px) Image search: [Google]
Caine.png
148KB, 555x566px
So, apparently it only requires Prime 6 to cure the Kindred of their vampirism via the "Remove the Curse of God" Rote. I only now realize how easy it is for an Archmage to counter Caine using this method. The spell should also affect his seven-fold curse, as they're both derived from God. Huh.
>>
File: ss+(2017-02-02+at+07.44.16).jpg (72KB, 385x234px) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2017-02-02+at+07.44.16).jpg
72KB, 385x234px
How would YOU write up the Malleus Crocodilus, /wodg/?
>>
>>51534985
Unless God himself intervenes. But then it would just go back to the previous argument of whether or not God is just another Archmage.
>>
>>51534994
Endowments for crocodile wrestling.
>>
>>51534646
Depends on the action.
>>
>>51534985
>Remove Caine's curse
>Prevent Ghenna
>Prime 6
I really wish I was playing a mage game.
>>
>>51534994

>The Catholic faction sees Beasts as pretty natural, all things considered

Now I've heard of Catholic Guilt, but this just takes the cake.
>>
>>51534994
>beast kill less humans than croc
I'm sorry what? did they only poll Louisiana?

Just leave them only, they only hurt invaders? that is so much bullcrap. In the sample adventure the head beast was about to terrorist bomb her own stage. yeah do you know any croc marathon bombers?
>>
>>51534921
Werewolves in Apocalypse still fucked each other all the time and Metis were common as fuck, with several tribes welcoming them with open arms. Metis are kind of like literal bastards, nobody really gives a fuck if you are one unless they're ridiculously conservative.
>>
>>51535009
>But then it would just go back to the previous argument of whether or not God is just another Archmage.
Somebody should make a vampirefag vs magefag argument flowchart.
>>
File: 1337815587767.jpg (70KB, 810x780px) Image search: [Google]
1337815587767.jpg
70KB, 810x780px
>>51534994
>>51535460
>>51535390
the more I read about these beasts the more retarded they sound. Why are they trying to paint them as good guys? Did they do the same shit for vampires? Just go full honest and have them be super fucking assholes
>>
File: not archer.png (292KB, 462x476px) Image search: [Google]
not archer.png
292KB, 462x476px
>>51534994
Crocodiles are actually vicious monsters and should be hunted into extinction.

Alligators too.
>>
>>51535466

This is so wrong it's hard to imagine how you came to this conclusion.

The only Tribes that welcome then with open arms are the Bone Gnawers & Children of Gaia and even then they still perform some sort of punishment on the parents.

They rest range between dashing them against rocks the moment they're born to treating then like a lesser person their entire lives.
>>
>>51535494
There is this HUGE disconnect between what they wanted to portray, and what the writers started writing. Like the literal rape apology narrative or the domestic abuse survivor
>>
So I've been reading Secrets of the covenant and I like them overall thou I do think if they would just sell rules section without story part for 5 bucks it would be better.

However what sorta disappointed me is crones "birthing the blood god" or what's it called. For all the time and effort(and resources) you just get a strong vampire. And even than I'm pretty sure some of the regular npcs in my games could smack him silly
>>
>>51535494
Cognitive dissonance. They tell you Beasts are monsters in one chapter and then in the next they explain how it all isn't their fault and then in the chapter after that they condemn Heroes for being exactly the same as Beasts (that is, driven by urges beyond their control).
>>
>>51535044
shooting a assault rifle at someone at long range full auto when they are behind superior cover.
>>
>>51535600
Makes me wonder why they spend time making vampires seems like creepy assholes but compared to beasts vamps at least have some form of society and groups that try to give a meaning and purpose to whole thing.
>>
>>51535606
Probably just explain the situation in a descriptive way, give them a rundown of them shooting but it not doing much, no roll.

But yeah Id just rule it wouldn't work mostly because it saves a long drawn out series of rolling that's fun for no one.
>>
>>51535646
>Beasts are creepier than vamps without even trying
True, but vampires are creepy in a well-written way while Beasts are creepy in a "what the fuck is wrong with whoever wrote this" way.

What's more, if I lived in WoD as my preferred splat (Mage pls no bully)then I wouldn't object to chatting with a non-monstrous vampire casually if I was ever introduced to one. Obviously the conversation couldn't go too deep because of various laws of secrecy on both sides, but it would still be a neat learning experience and an opportunity to build contacts in vamp society.

On the other hand, if I ever had the misfortune to meet a Beast who feeds from inflicting various forms of trauma and it tried to claim that I'm its "kin" that's connected to it by the "Dark Mother" and that I should join its brood for its "sweet, dark mysteries", I would turn 360 degrees and teleport away.
>>
>>51535849
Thing is for beasts from what I read hunger is something that is there, can be ignored and if they ignore it their inner beast will go on nightmare-rampage.

On the other hand vampire is feeling his hunger hard and if he ignores it for too long he himself will go on a rampage and wake up over the pile of bodies. So yeah I might be a requiemfag but for me there is even bigger "what?" with painting beasts as a good guys
>>
>>51534994

Wow, that is such a shitty writing. The writer is writing like he's trying to convince someone on the internet that beasts aren't bad.
>>
>>51536158
Thats exactly what they were trying to do. The blowback they got from the preview resulted in a fair bit of passive aggressive retaliation from writers if I remember correctly. Wouldnt surprise me if they kept going full retard to defend their bullshit
>>
>>51535849
>On the other hand, if I ever had the misfortune to meet a Beast who feeds from inflicting various forms of trauma and it tried to claim that I'm its "kin" that's connected to it by the "Dark Mother" and that I should join its brood for its "sweet, dark mysteries", I would turn 360 degrees and teleport away

Nah what you do is teleport them away. You can aim along their sympathetic connections too once you know them, not just your own. You find out which one of you has a link to the most desolate bit of land you can think of and dump them in Siberia or the Sahara. Hey, maybe if they have that broken ass 'find plot hook' radar power they might find relics or remains of lost Irem! I mean if you think about it, it really might all be for the best for everyone. You'd be doing them a favor
>>
What's the verdict on Demon: The Fallen? Is it written by idiots like this current Beast and Hero stuff appears to be?
>>
>>51537069
Wasn't Demon The Fallen written long time ago by completely different team?
>>
>>51537069
If you mean Demon the Descent, it's really good but quite... high concept.
>>
>>51537121
I do not mean that, I mean Demon: The Fallen. What're the differences between Fallen and Descent?
>>
>>51530792
correction: The Sabbat did not ghoul Himmler, that was the Ventrue Prince Breidenstein. Himmler was embraced by the Berlin Regent and defected to the Sabbat later. A Malkavian who claims to be Göring runs around, but it is ambiguous if he really is Göring.

The Sons of Ether, Verbena (specially the Iron Circle) and Order of Hermes also supported the Third Reich
>>
>>51532616
Dirty Secrets of the Black Hand (just kiddin, stay away from that crap)
>>
>>51537139
In which book is Malk Goering?
>>
>>51533781
must be Nyrufa. A lovely fellow
>>
>>51534394
yeah, but you can use Arcana, so in a sense, you are Awakened (just in a way that makes no sense and will get you killed by your own hubris and delusions)
>>
>>51536186
being passive aggressive is much easier than actually making the game good
>>
>>51537152
Berlin by Night, p.50-51
The Malkavian bears no physical resemblance to the real Göring, so all vampires who meet him believe that he is fake
>>
where are muh doggos
>>
>>51537233
Get out of here werefaggers
>>
>>51535646
Not the same writers, and vampire has vampires being the oppressors baked in too hard for them to pull the stupid 'sympathetic minority' shit they pulled with Beast without totally wrecking the setting.
>>
>>51537254
No fucking way could they make WoD vampires anything but tragic villains. I refuse to believe anyone is that retarded.

>inb4 vamps arent tragic

An eternity slowly losing your sanity to a beast within, watching all your loved ones die and surviving in a society of monsters as bad as you is tragic as fuck. I'd never want to be one.
>>
>>51534994
They should think Beasts are people possessed by demons. It's basically true and Beasts and their powers look a fair bit like demons from the bible and medieval demonology.
>>
>>51537248
Werewolves are part of WoD too!
RACISM
REEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>51537069
>>51537126
In Demon the Fallen you're an angel fallen from the grace of a non-denominational God who may or may not be dead and has been locked up in the sensory deprivation chamber of hell since the war in heaven until those Technocrat jackasses broke it the hell open and your running around topside in a stolen body making cults and pursuing your ideologies agenda.
>>
>>51537263
These people are stupid enough to publish shit with father's thrusting cock in it. They'll do any stupid shit, not for profit even but for dev's e-peens.
>>
>>51537280
Get lost, dogfucker.
You went out of style with bell-bottom jeans.
>>
>>51537299
To be completely fair, it was also because those asian fucks decided to take over a bunch of Stygian turf.
>>
>>51537318
I will kill you all vampfag emos
REEEE
>>
File: get_of_fenris.jpg (675KB, 612x780px) Image search: [Google]
get_of_fenris.jpg
675KB, 612x780px
>>51537233
Greetings.
>>
>>51537339
At least Vampire doesn't have the Children of Gaia in it
>>
File: aw shit nigga.gif (689KB, 266x199px) Image search: [Google]
aw shit nigga.gif
689KB, 266x199px
>>51537350
Ooooooh here we go
>>
The werefags need to LEAVE
>>
>>51534010
>best book about Beast to date is the one where they're antagonists

GEE, WHO WOULD HAVE THOUGHT THAT?
>>
>>51537263
Yeah I had this talk in game with one of my players. One of them came up with idea that he could get one of the npcs turned into vampire to get her out of the (admittedly pretty horrible) bind she was in. Thou through his sire I managed to convey idea that
1. Not everyone is fit to be a vamp and she may not last a year.
2. He is lucky to have a sire that gives him so much freedom and treats him well and he should imagine what would happen if someone like [well known asshole vampire] would be his maker
3. Being coffined for 8-12 hours each day and being an addict for eternity is not great.
>>
>>51537350
At least werewolves don't die outside at 10 a.m
>>51537378
All emo vamps and nerd mages will be destroyed
>>
>>51537390
Archmage why did you enchant your rug to talk
>>
>>51537393
It looked like a good idea at the time
>>
>>51537390
Hah. Which splat actually attempted to dethrone the Magefags from their seat of supremacy? That's right, the Vampfags! You Werefags are the epitome of cowardice.
>>
All this talk about Archmages in Ascension...
Does the Technocratic Union have their own Enlightened Hyper-Scientists?
>>
>>51537393
All mage talk i see in this thread is literally
>teleports behind you and unsheates katana
>nothing personnel
>BUT IT WAS JUST A HOLOGRAM
>HEH I WAS A CLONE ALL ALONG TOO
ad infinitum
>>
>>51537399
Archmage you always say that, you said that when you set off Mount Vesuvius to roast weenies
>>
>>51537405
Yes
>>
>>51537405
Yes they do. I thought this would be obvious.
>>
>>51537413
Man I get where you're coming from but I'm with the Archmage on the Vesuvius idea, that was rad as fuck.
>>
>>51537432
Thousands of people died!
>>
>>51537444
Worth it, those weenies were tasty.
>>
>>51537450
>>51537444
>>51537432
>>51537413
what is this autism?
>>
>>51537450
>Traditions, no sense of right or wrong
>>
>>51537413
No regrets
>creates race of bloodsucking lawnchairs with all the vampiric powers but non of the normal weakness
>>
>>51537476
You just said it. Its autism. Got a problem?
>>
>>51537476
Looks like fun to me, better stop them quick
>>
File: sad_wolf.jpg (273KB, 1920x1231px) Image search: [Google]
sad_wolf.jpg
273KB, 1920x1231px
>>51537350
Low blow.
Figures cause Vamps fight like bitches.
>>
>>51537498
Vamps are still brave enough to take on Mages.
>>
>>51537510
>brave
you mean stupid?
>>
>>51537498
At least vamps fight like bitches instead just straight up fucking bitchesDon't smooch that pooch
>>
>>51537485
This anon looks like Union shill
>>
>>51537498
Stay sad werefagger
>>
>>51537714
never, emofaget
>>
>>51537406
Isn't that the point of Mage?
>>
>>51537425
I don't know... I kinda got the impression that at that stage they can't really hide behind the "it's just science, man" excuse any more.

But when I guess you're that enlightened, you know full well what you're doing is practically Magic, but it still works.
>>
>>51537486
Isn't blood sucking one of those weakness tho? And didn't they make that and call it mummy?
>>
>>51537901
No, you never really know full well it's magic. It's Technology!
>>
>>51537898
The point of Mage is to be a giant asshole with the power to back it up.

So...yes, you're right.
>>
File: Edgy Brah.jpg (105KB, 799x531px) Image search: [Google]
Edgy Brah.jpg
105KB, 799x531px
>The pacifist shit in hurt locker
>>
>>51537991
>Not the doxxing section
At least the Plain are some sort of super natural shananigans and not just impossible to defend against if you aren't a programmer doxxing rules.
>>
>>51537927
Nah because it's chair so it does not have humanity to care. It's immune to sun and can't be staked! On the secondary note I should have made it out of asbestos so it would be fireproof and would also cause cancer.
>>
>>51538024
That's the thing about The Plain thats annoying. They are somewhat supernatural but they do shit that real protesters do. It's a big circle jerk basically going "Man can you imagine if this shit WORKED?!" But no whoever you are going to encounter in WoD intent on doing you harm aint gonna care a lick if you have a phone camera or describing how badly you hurt them. It would be way cooler if they were just the Defender Creed style hunters from oWoD.
>>
>>51538070
>Not making the screws out of solid sunlight so they frenzy as the chair forever.
>>
>>51538070
>salamander's wool
>causing cancer
Stop oppressing my paradigm technocrat
>>
>>51538116
As written I can't tell if they are a walking masquerade breech or if they just make shitty blurry videos.
>>
File: lets keep going.jpg (62KB, 500x333px) Image search: [Google]
lets keep going.jpg
62KB, 500x333px
>>51538070
>>51538121
>permanently frenzied vampire chairs with no weakness that also cause cancer
>>
>>51538186
>walking masquerade breech
That's a good point. Pulling a phone on a vamp would probably make them want to kill you even harder.
>>
>>51538213
>BUT WAIT THERE IS MORE
>local goverment is dominated by their office chair overlords while the neighborhood has beedn already devastated by rampaging wererugs
>Can loose cannon Adamantite Arrow McReedy stop Chairpires before it's too late?
>>
>>51538398
>Dammit McReedy, you can't destroy the Mayor's office claiming that his chair was a vampire
>>
>>51537331
and because some ancient vampire cult decided to occupy a former stygian fortress
>>
>>51538457
>Forget it chief, that McReedy, he's a loose canon waiting to fire
>>
File: chief1.jpg (16KB, 526x297px) Image search: [Google]
chief1.jpg
16KB, 526x297px
>>51538457
>>
>>51537413
Hey, in oWoD, that was a vampire so it is no great feat
archmages probably will blow up Yellowstone one day, just to prove a point to another archmage
>>
Guys, I want your thoughts. See, I'm eager to craft a (VtM) storyline that includes an elder NPC with the power "Draught of Phoenix Blood".

>The story goes that if a Methuselah can manifest this power, it is because she drank the blood of some long-forgotten mythical monster and it somehow changed who and what she was. But since that taste, she has become literally unkillable. Anything that causes her death will result in a complete resurrection, though she will be young and fresh, with a new face and body and only an incomplete picture of who she was. The only thing she recalls with any certainty is who killed her the last time.

>System: There are no rolls necessary. If a vampire of this level of power is reduced to Final Death, no matter the means, she turns to ash that scatters like any other vampire.

>For a number of nights equal to the vampire’s Generation, she is dead and gone. At the end of that period, her ash gathers on the back of the wind or is pulled up from the soil and she is reborn in blood and dirt, screaming. She has a new face, a new body, and is one Generation higher than before. Any abilities she may have above her ability cap are lost, save for this power, which the vampire retains regardless of her new Generation.

The power is detailed in V20 Dark Ages, p. 243-244.

My idea was that this elder would still be out for revenge on his/her killer, who might possibly be his childe/grandchilde, except the elder is now 13th-15th Gen, and has been foiled and killed over and over through the centuries, while the killer is now MUCH more powerful than him/her as (s)he has retained her low generation through the ages.

What'd you think? Sound like an interesting plothook?
>>
>>51538457
>Damn McReedy always rises my blood pressure
>At least I can relax in this massage chair I've got from prince LeCouch
>>
>>51538503
What? Oh sonny we do that every Forth of July to liven things up. Then we wipe that from history and everything's hunky dory except for the vengeful timewraiths trying to get new bodies by possessing the local copies of them but you can't make a few eggs without breaking an omelette
>>
Bit of an odd question, but can mages sense other mages? Say you're shaking the hand of some random guy thats awakened is there some subconscious 'this guy is a mage' switch that gets flipped if he is one?
>>
Has anyone here ever played Princess? My group are huge fans of CoC and Exalted, and we were thinking of trying out Princess. We're a bit allergic to Exalted's mountain of crunch but the themes are right up our alley.
>>
>>51538510
Sure seems neat but what do you want your players to do with this NPC? What kind of relationship and plots are you looking to include THEM in?
>>
So wait, your telling me Rome, the city founded by two guys who were raised by a wolf, was a hotbed for Vampire activity and had no connection, if not antagonistic to werewolves?

Why? That seems like such a obvious one. That's like saying that Vlad the Impaler was secretly a mummy
>>
>>51538861
Why would werewolves give a shit about civilization?
>>
>>51538873
What about the Glass Walkers (or the Watchers of Humanity or whatever they were called back in ancient times)?
>>
>>51538873
Iron Masters
>>
>>51538951
>>51539072

Touche.
>>
>>51539072
I thought that was only between the Industrial Revolution and the Modern Era
>>
>>51539072
Oh wait, wrong version here >>51539146
>>
Is there a supplement that goes over the under world like book of spirits covers the shadow?
>>
>>51539465
Book of the Dead is what you're looking for.
>>
oWoD question: How aware of other game lines would a vampire with 3 dots in occult be? Would he know that werewolves, wizards, and so on exist? If so, would he know the specifics (that werewolves are fighting a space dragon that lives on one of Saturn's moons, that wizards are fighting the wizard illuminati, etc)
>>
>>51539523
Thats the one. I couldn't remember the name.
>>
>>51538773
Nope.
>>
>>51537350

>implying they are worse than fuck ups like the Tremere, noob bait like Malkav, or more retarded than actual otherkim clan Gangrel
>>
>>51538773
You can't just know if someone is a Mage. You'd feel it if they were casting a spell but you'd need to put up a Mage Sight to be able to identify them.
>>
>>51539598
Wouldn't the existence of other 'supernaturals' be told/covered by that 70's/80's era training video they show all new Vampires before they get their bloodsucking certification?

Not sure about the goal aspect of it though
>>
>>51538861
That does seem like a missed opportunity. Especially sine Luna is from Roman mythology.
>>
>>51539598
Occult is less, 'I know about the other supernaturals' cultures, mores and values' and more about knowing that 'Chicken Blood, Weird Dolls and Knives? Voodoo.' or 'This knife has all these weird things on it, they're runes that werewolves make on their magic.' It's about the actual process of magic.
>>51539623
It's a pretty Good book, though I dislike how circumspect it is.
>>51538773
Kinda, depending on what version of Mage you're playing, if a Mage in Awakening casts any sort of spell without attempting to hide it, it pings Peripheral sight.
>>
>>51539598
He would know that they existed and he would know a few facts (werewolves are weak to silver and have five forms, one of which is far deadlier than the others, mages can't do magic in front of kine, the kind of magic they do varies wildly, etc),

I would say knowing specifics would take at least four dots because of how secretive supernaturals are.
>>
Do gargoyles remember their previous lives, back when they were nossies or whatever?
>>
File: qt thyrsus.png (329KB, 680x660px) Image search: [Google]
qt thyrsus.png
329KB, 680x660px
>>
>>51538861
They went with a very specific tone for Werewolf that doesn't really fit what comes to people's minds when thinking about Rome. Yes there's the Glass Walkers, but in general the game is about being anti-civilization hippies. Vampire is more about politics and backstabs and therefore fits Rome better.

Also, since Vampire was the main line often the most well known things by pop-history just become a vampire thing by default.

Last but not least, people is extremely eager to forget the she-wolf. I remember a time we were playing a "Dark Ages" game in republican Rome. We met some barbarians who claimed to be the people of the wolf and when my Lasombra patrician said "Great, we're from the city of the wolf" at least two guys in my table threw a shitfit and were like "Nu-uh, muh eagle!".
>>
File: 1477113339841.jpg (405KB, 900x1391px) Image search: [Google]
1477113339841.jpg
405KB, 900x1391px
>>51540062
>I would say knowing specifics would take at least four dots because of how secretive supernaturals are.
See, by specifics i'd let my the PC have a rough idea of the shape of other Supernatural polities at 4/5, but that's about it. They'd be clued in on The Ascension War for instance, but not what Doissetep is. Anything more than that would require like, 'Garou/Tradition Lore' or something, which I would probably allow them to buy with absurdly high Occult, decent Contacts and some good role-playing.
>>51539996
>"And now you're ready to move about the town, and always remember, 'Budget one Hour to get to your Haven'. I'm Chet de Deseur, and I for one wish you, a Happy Eternal Night."
>>
>>51538819
>Sure seems neat but what do you want your players to do with this NPC?

I was planning to use him/her as a sort of "quest-giver" for a major part of the story, as (s)he will be going through a long list of wiping out everyone who's ever killed him/her.

It's going to be taking place in a Camarilla/Anarch city (though I haven't decided exactly which city that'd be), and this "depowered elder" is going to be a leader of a minor faction in said city: there's gonna be the Camarilla, the usual chaotic Anarch gangs, and this elder's smaller gang which will be made up of high-generation caitiffs and thinbloods: the elder's wide array of skills and many different disciplines (weak and limited as though they might be individually) makes the elder look pretty badass and leader-worthy to all the underdogs in the city.

But yeah, I was thinking the "elder" would be using the group as bloodhounds to track down any former assailants (the ones that are left, that is), with the elder's ultimate goal being the diablerie of whatever killer(s) have lower generation, as (s)he's trying to regain as much of the power (s)he once had and wipe out the ones who betrayed and killed him/her.

The group's motivators for helping him will likely change depending on how they interact with him, but (s)he'd be willing to offer money, resources, havens, herds and possibly even control of said city: (s)he's currently on the "last" lives as it were, and so (s)he's playing it safe and trying to use other kindred as troops in his/her quest for revenge, because he's already tried doing it all by himself, and it didn't work out, as evidenced by his current situation.
>>
File: Diva.full.965891.jpg (103KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
Diva.full.965891.jpg
103KB, 600x600px
Will your sleeper baby affect paradox?
>>
File: Yuske.jpg (35KB, 595x448px) Image search: [Google]
Yuske.jpg
35KB, 595x448px
>>51540171
Wait, are we talking about 'Requiem for Rome' because if that's the case, you've got the wrong Werewolves entirely, W:tF Wolfies are more like, creepy backwoodsy types, hillbillies, bikers, homeless people and assorted Ne'er-Do-Wells who are basically Spirit Cops.
>people is extremely eager to forget the she-wolf
By 'people' do you mean people at the table? Because Rome itself certainly wasn't eager to forget their wolf origins, their Vexillarius would like to have a word. They weren't always wearing Wolf-heads, but they were often enough that Seneca talked about it.
>>
>>51540171
Isn't the eagle just the symbol of Jupiter and the Roman Legion? That would be like somebody from America saying they're from the country of the cross, or the country of the globe with an anchor behind it and an eagle on top.
>>
>>51540224
Yes, he/she will.
>>
>>51540311
So pregnancy is a nono?
>>
>>51538773
Not passively. If he has an active spell going it'll ping your mage sight. Or you're exceptionally paranoid and examine the souls of everybody you meet with death magic.
>>
>>51540278
Until the Marian reforms there were various other animals depicted on the Maniples of the ancient legions, only the Aquila was retained. The eagle was associated heavily with the Military, but I don't think it really represented the city itself. The Romans were certainly not alone in the Indo-European world in identifying themselves with Wolves either, joining the Germans and the Turkic people.
>>
>>51540344
Just don't cast left and right with him in your belly.
>>
>>51540311
Doesn't paradox only work if the sleeper notices a thing enough to realize it makes no sense? Like if you're quietly casting a lightshow while they're facing the other way, or doing magic that is non-obvious to their eyes like boosting mental stats, does that trigger paradox? You'd think a baby in the womb wouldn't be aware that mom is teleporting to work in London from LA every day or what have you.
>>
>>51540511
>teleporting to work in London from LA every day or what have you
Wouldn't the sudden pressure changes be really bad for the baby?

Would you need to be a master to teleport while pregnant because you're technically taking a passenger?
>>
>>51540249
I've never played Requiem, sorry, I took for granted we were talking about oWoD.

And yes of course I mean people at table and yes I know how aware Romans were about being "wolf-people" as you can see from my example.

>>51540278
Yes that was the point. People is retarded and wrong.

>>51540357
Turkics are not indo-european, they're turkic.
>>
>>51534994
That doesn't even make sense. I cannot fucking imagine they'd just leave a Beast alone. Even if they couldn't easily kill it (can you kill one for real outside its lair or does a shotgun work fine?) I imagine they'd probe and hunt and watch. I mean come on, it's a Beast, we all know what that means
>>
>>51540539
>Would you need to be a master to teleport while pregnant because you're technically taking a passenger?
Are you saying female masters aren't allowed to procreate if they so choose? Also what pressure changes, you mean like elevation or are you implying teleport does some?
>>
>>51540604
A Beast can be killed outside its Lair, I'm pretty sure. And I agree that it is bullshit. I don't know much about Hunter but they basically hunt the other splats right? Vampires and werewolves and maybe even Mages sometimes. Why should Beasts get a pass on that, especially when they commonly inflict trauma to feed and going overboard and killing is a thing that happens? They say as much in their own book.
>>
>>51540604
Yeah if I was a hunter Beast would be far higher on my shit list than a mage or promethean.
>>
>>51540705
Masters can have babies if they want to, I guess, and I meant from sudden changes in elevation. Like the popping in your ears when your driving up a mountain or riding in a plane, except way worse because it's happening instantaneously.
>>
>>51540715
Given that one thing Hunters can hunt is Slashers, rogue humans who are so murderously crazy they're slowly becoming supernatural, I cannot see why Beasts aren't lumped in. Maybe you'd place them below vampires or werewolves who can easily cause large death counts by accident, but if a Hunter cell could make hunting a lone crafty vampire worth their time I don't know why the hell Beasts aren't optional targets too
>>
>>51540715
Hunters tend to be fairly indiscriminate in what they Hunt. if it hurts Humans, odds are they will try to kill it, or at least earmark it for later murder.
>>51540556
No worries, I do think it's an overlooked part of RfR, since Wolf-city and all that, and they barely talk about werewolves at all throughout the book.
>>
>>51538861
The Silver Fangs had a whole House just for Rome that later got corrupted by the Wyrm and is considered exticnt nowadays
>>
>>51540801
Again, the book in question is talking about Requiem, not Masquerade.
>>
>>51540821
ah. Well I think that the Dark Eras Companion will deal partly with that
>>
>>51540757
Magic isn't subject to scientific law. A mage could cast a spell on herself go out drinking and not have to worry about the baby's health or the hangover.
>>
>>51540851
For sure, it was an absolute travesty that they got no play at all, especially given the excellent Wise v Wolf-cults that was going on in Dark Eras.
>>
>>51540311
I don't think so. Until a baby is born it's connected sympathetically with it's mother. It would be like your hair causing paradox.
>>
>>51540858
I know. Magic might not be subject to scientific law, but the Mage still is, as is anything in her body. So I do think that they would be affected by the sudden pressure changes. Nothing debilitating, just uncomfortable. A mastigos would probably just get used to it.
>>
>>51540950
Or keep a cheap imbued item on hand to shield themselves from environmental conditions.
>>
>>51540979
What would that even be? Forces?
>>
>>51541063
If it were me? Forces, Life...maybe Prime?
>>
>>51541091
As of 2e it would be the Forces 2 spell Environmental Shield.
>>
>>51541063
>>51541155
In my opinion Forces could protect you against extremes in temperature, pressure, radiation. So if it was possible for a human to survive there they could without the need for special equipment.

However if you teleported somewhere like the hard vacuum of space or the marianas trench. You may need matter/life as a conjunctional to make the environment more tolerable.
>>
>>51534096
Enjoy being the worst mage in the world, I guess.
>>
>>51541285
That would be a fun parody NPC. A Mage who refuses all the Awakened groups and tries to run around being a hero but because he's all on his own he sucks at magic and gets in all kinds of trouble.

Plot twist: He actually does have a great Destiny and that's how he ends up surviving everything.
>>
>>51541425
Best DMPC
>>
>>51541425
Banisher aye.
>>
How butthurt would you be if you had some of your blood drank by a vampire?
>>
>>51530341
Yes, we want slashers.
>>
>>51541750
Doesn't it generally feel like having mind blowing sex on crack?

I'd be pretty down
>>
>>51531718
It'll be out Soon (TM).
>>
>>51541769
It's addictive though. And may or may not be bad for you.
>>
>>51535599
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD!
>>
>>51541769
B-but it's a rape metaphor!
>>
>>51541811
Exactly.
>>
>>51541769
Would also be down.
>>
>>51541811
No, drinking a vampire's blood is addictive.
>>
>>51541940
The Kiss can be addictive too, just not in the same way that vitae is. I mean it's the height of euphoria, and can literally induce orgasms. Why do you think blood dolls are a thing?
>>
>>51541940
Yes, but the mind blowing sex on crack might be a bit psychologically addictive.
>>
>>51531677
Ken-sama is writing it so no hope.
>>
>>51542113
Don't you insult Ken-sama's name you fucking knave
>>
>>51540224
Look at the sympathetic name section of the 2ed book. Before the kid is born they're kind of apart of you symbolically. like the kid has no conscious or awareness. still a bad idea thou
>>
File: Untitled1.png (1MB, 687x888px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled1.png
1MB, 687x888px
May as will give a full view at what people think of beasts, not counting the three new groups. 1/3
>>
>>51530391
>>51530495

Essentially just something higher up on the food chain that spooks Beasts and eats them. From what I can recall though they can not too difficulty just invade your lairs and assimilate your nightmares and atavisms into their own powerset once they eat you. They also do some sort of disquiet/wasteland effect on the areas they strike and cause everyone to go nuts. Basically even bigger murderhobos than Beasts that cause problems for everyone.
>>
File: Untitled2.png (894KB, 658x880px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled2.png
894KB, 658x880px
2/3
>>
File: Untitled3.png (1MB, 668x881px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled3.png
1MB, 668x881px
3/3
>>
What is something that could interrupt the process of become one of The Bound?

I'm slowly putting together a character concept for an upcoming game, the GM's pretty clearly stated that being a minor or non-template is viable but it will be assumed that you're working towards a major template that isn't out in 2nd Ed yet.

I've really wanted to try out Second Sight materials for a while, Psychokinesis is sick as heck, and I realised a lot of the supernatural merits make good stand-ins for being a Sin Eater, or at least, Sin Eater Lite.

That and you know, of the major templates not yet out, Deviant sounds okay but there's not much to work off of, whereas I'm really keen for Geist 2.0.

So I figure that someone who has ended up Bound "wrong" is about right. Those who are to become a Sin Eater usually have a minor ability in life, but if I'm taking 5 dots in Psychokinesis that maybe exceeds that a little. Just a touch.

Factors at play in the setting that I can think of maybe being relevant:
- There's a fucking time rift thing. We know it's possible to use it to time travel, but you can't even physically get near enough to it to do anything unless you pull off total bullshit.
- There are archmages, and indeed some kind of abyssal archvampire, afoot.
- TFV fought an assload (hundreds of thousands) of spirits and man eating plants visibly and in public, and lost. They pulled hardcore information control though and somehow managed to sweep this under the rug.
- There's at least one Deathlord who present tense gives fucks about someone in the broader area.

This is all fallout from the previous Chronicle.
>>
>>51542502
>cheiron group
got to love those organ stealing capitalists
>>
>>51542533
Oh look, the union is bringing out the fucking reasonable stances, what a fucking surprise.
>>
>>51542502
Beast don't like the ashwood not because there horrible people, but because they like hunting all the supernatural family
>>
>>51542898
Yep, Beasts are super #Triggered by the Ashwood Abbey killing and raping their 'family'. Makes a lotta sense.
>>
>>51542502
>>51542524
>>51542533
These are awful. Semi-omniscient third person works best for these sort of chapters, and that many groups ignore Beasts while they are more antagonistic with the generally more humane sin-eaters or changelings sucks.
>>
>>51543286
It also just doesn't make any damn sense, considering that Changelings and Sin-Eaters are the least likely to cause mass casualties.
>>
>>51543286
It's probably because they have shit numbers, like prometheans, they're barely a blip on the radar most of the time... That or David Hill Jr was a author and the developer of this book along with... Filamena Young? Is she the 2e hunter girl?
>>
>>51543308
That's the point I'm trying to make. Nevermind the garbage writing and the funny jibes to the current US president, it doesn't make sense for the freaking inquisition to ignore the fuckers.
>>
>>51543382
The US President?
>>
>>51543419
Weren't people making funny jokes about Trump and his daughter? Well, they're doing one more in the Cheiron write-up.
>>
File: 1484452169580.jpg (56KB, 645x773px) Image search: [Google]
1484452169580.jpg
56KB, 645x773px
Getting bit by a male vampire isn't gay, right?
>>
>>51543458
Not if it's violent. That's simply aggression.
>>
>>51543457
Ooooh, THAT Ivanka, okay that makes a bit more sense. Again, David Hill Jr, I'm sure he's a salt boy about Trumpo.
>>
>>51542502
>>51542524
>>51542533
Honestly aside from whatever the fuck is going on with that Malleus Malleficarum entry and some really awkward writing these seem pretty ok. All of them seem fairly in character for the various factions (Aside from the Malleus Malleficarum as mentioned earlier)
>>
So I went looking for David A Hill Jr,s Twitter... Please don't tell me this is our boy.

https://twitter.com/machineiv?lang=en
>>
>>51529973
There were mentioned among examples of multi-splat Packs. An example had Firetouched pulling a Beast out of a mental health hospital and convincing her spreading plague is a good thing. The text as a whole treats Beasts as crude environmental weapons.
>>
>>51543557
The very same.
>>
>>51543476
Aggression is pgay
>>
>>51543580
God fucking help us.
>>
>>51543557
Good God he's an even bigger faggot than I thought
>>
>>51543458
Did you enjoy it?
>>
>>51543608
Not really. It's more or less like someone stabbing you and running away with the blood they draw.
>>
>>51543649
Stabbing and penetrating another man sounds pretty gay. Even more so when they feel ecstasy from it.
>>
>>51543663
>Stabbing and penetrating another man sounds pretty gay.

I guess war is pretty gay then
>>
>>51543694
Its one of the gayest thing I've ever heard of. A bunch of men in close quarters with no women venting testosterone all over the place.
>>
>>51543694
Yeah it's pretty gay
>>
File: Carl.jpg (3MB, 2604x3909px) Image search: [Google]
Carl.jpg
3MB, 2604x3909px
>>51543663
Not everything revolves around you wanting to fuck your mother, Sigmund.
>>
File: 1481690508161.jpg (9KB, 212x237px) Image search: [Google]
1481690508161.jpg
9KB, 212x237px
>>51543557
On the bright side, he does seem to perfectly understand that the Democrats aren't being all progressive and shit because it's right. They're doing it because it was expedient at the time.

He may be a hardcore leftist, but at least he understands that the Democrats aren't the party of the leftists no matter how much they claim to be.
>>
>>51532909
Technology became more advanced. Humanity remains the clever apes they always were, now with more means of messing with each other.
>>
>Dą̆̇ͣ̎ͧͩ̏vid Hill @machineiv
If I don't know you, and you tell me, "I'm gonna need a citation on that," my blanket answer is, "Eat my shit." You're not owed my time

This alone should be worthy of contempt.
>>
>>51543789
>>
>>51543760
But he's supporting the Black Bloc man, fucking radical Ancoms... Fuck I hope that's just a dedicated troll, I really really do.
>>
>>51542502
>>51542524
>that lucifuge writeup
the lucifuge's raison detre is shooting their senpai in the face for being a satan. Why on Earth would Beasts expect blanket sympathy from that.
>>
>>51534096
What path would you walk? Because if it's the path of Defiance, you're a Mastigos. If it's the path of Awesome, you're an Obrimos.
>>
>>51543867
The Lucifuge beep on a Beasts "This is kin" radar, that's why. Which you know, is a good plothook and fits in with them being 'descended' from demons.
>>
>>51534280
*This post has been approved by Tremere*
>>
>>51543797

A lot of people are going to be doing just that over the next couple years. The time for talk when it comes to US politics is coming to an end, whether anyone likes it or not.

Everyone thinks we're getting WWIII or Amercan Civil War II. Nah, it's going to be Spanish Civil War, American Style.

>>51543867

Beasts, on a social scale, are really naive and foolish.
>>
>>51543937
God, I'm glad I'm Canadian, I hope it doesn't spread over here.
>>
>>51543921
I wonder how Cheiron ticks on that radar? It's probably a bit like coming home to find a serial killer wearing one of your parent's face as a mask.
>>
>>51543921
But the Lucifuge are not 'descended' from demons, they are explicitly descended from Infernal spirits.
>>
>>51544009
Your point?
>>
>>51544009
Infernal spirits are demons, just not the god-machine's demons.
>>
>>51544009

Who are still considered demons, just not capital-D Demons. Either way, Lucifuge count as "kin" like Slashers do.
>>
>>51543797
Again, hardcore leftist. Sometimes, some people just have enough of "polite" discourse when they stand to personally lose shit.
>>
>>51544166
Too bad they already lost that shit under Obama and were too stupid to notice.
>>
>>51543557
>Soviet Hammer and Sickle
When will people realize that the Hammer and Sickle is as much of an offensive symbol as the NatSoc Swastika.
Thread posts: 356
Thread images: 31

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.