[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is a good system for playing a matrix style campaign. If

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: matrix-red-blue.jpg (22KB, 460x276px) Image search: [Google]
matrix-red-blue.jpg
22KB, 460x276px
What is a good system for playing a matrix style campaign.

If you are going to say GURPS be specific on the books

Bonus Round:
Stat an agent in your chosen system.
>>
>>51517277
Conspiracy X?
well it's more MiB but still
>>
>>51517277
Feng Shui 2 would probably be my go-to for a game like that. Just fluff all the Fortune mechanics and the movie-hero abilities as people "bending," the Matrix to their will.
>>
D&D 3.5, might take a little homebrew bt should work great!
>>
>>51517277
Demon the Descent.
>>
File: Neo.png (40KB, 329x186px) Image search: [Google]
Neo.png
40KB, 329x186px
>>51517277
GURPS Basic Set because duh, corebook; Action and Gun Fu for general feel, cinematic and simplified rules; Gun Fu because it's basically a how to Matrix the book; Martial Arts for some fancy techniques and fluff if you want to go that far; High Tech - Weapon tables for all the gear they use if the basic set's basic weapons aren't enough.

An agent probably has all that Neo has, plus unkillable, and I think I saw someone stat an attack that'd allow you to turn people into copies of you midfight, but if it happens away from the heroes like in the movies, you can just ignore that. And you don't really need to autistically stat enemies in GURPS and bother with point values for them anyway.
>>
>>51520045
>five fucking books for one game
why
>>
>>51520055
>if you want to that far
>weapon tables if you don't want basic
The others are booklets of simplified and cinematic rules.
gg
>>
>>51518421
That.

Demon is already a matrix game. It is decent. Manage what it does well. Try it.
>>
>>51517277
The Matrix RPG that got posted two weeks ago.
>>
>>51517277
FATE
>>
What do you think the best way to represent and balance the player's ability to download skills should be. Should they have a cap of maximum skills known at once or should they only be able to reach a certain level through a download and then be forced to progress on their own after that.
>>
>>51521422
Go with however the system does progression. While good, the PCs are unfortunately not The Chosen One and cannot learn as much, as fast.
>>
>>51520055
Even if it were five full books that anon recommended - which, no, he didn't - it would still be fucking nothing.
>>
>>51517277
The Matrix is a perfect Mage The Ascension campaign.
Also, Fate. Fate is perfect for this kind of thing. But check the extra rules in the toolkit.
>>
>>51523684
>5 full books is nothing to a true gurper!
Cancerous gurp shills - jesus fucking christ
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.