[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Savage Worlds Weird War II

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: graven.jpg (26KB, 414x243px) Image search: [Google]
graven.jpg
26KB, 414x243px
Alright listen, some mates and I tried to play Weird War II. And I gotta say, savage worlds sucks major donkey dick. We could barely figure out how anything works, and we were literally reading three seperate source books trying to find information on what base AC is supposed to be, how skills work and how the fuck you determine initiative. So, savage worlds is out. Because the gameplay gets in the way of the gameplay.

So, We still want to play a game about supernatural WWII happenings, and we don't so much mind the system of upgrading dice for attributes and skills, it makes it so that someone with low INT can't just nat 20 a skill check for something they have no business succeeding in. But christ almighty savage worlds is awful. Does anyone have any recommendations of systems we could use, games we could play, homebrew solutions? I brought up playing bolt action but none of them want to play a minis based game because they're fags.
HALP.
>>
>>51509274
ITT: we tell OP why he's an idiot for being unable to learn a system that's in the same category of difficulty as 5e.

But aside from that, HERO system, GURPS, M&M, and Strike!
Hah! Beat you to it Strike-anon.
>>
>>51509331
listen mate, i've played 3.5, 5e, 4e, pathfinder, 2e, SWN, fucking DCC. Maybe it's because we were using the books that converted the game to not use the dumb card mechanic, but between three different fucking books there was barely a clear answer on how to do half the basic shit we wouldn't have a problem doing in any other system.
>>
>>51509274
alright, I've decided we're going to do GURPS because fuck it. Any recommendations for source books with supernatural shit and 1930's/40's shit? Also, is there somewhere to download the gurps core rules for free because fuck paying for the tabletop nerds version of Linux.
>>
>>51509274
>we were literally reading three seperate source books trying to find information on what base AC is supposed to be, how skills work and how the fuck you determine initiative.

So just use the version from the core rules if you find this so difficult? It doesn't take a lot of searching to discover Parry = half your Fighting die +2 or that you determine init by dealing cards every round.
>>
>>51510551
see thats the thing, we were using the versions of the rules that removed the card mechanic
>>
>>51510616
Why were you using THREE VERSIONS? Besides, the core book has a big flashy blurb in the initiative section that says how to use a non-card system, you fucking braindead retard.
>>
File: giorgio-baroni-opapoc-cover.jpg (200KB, 789x1000px) Image search: [Google]
giorgio-baroni-opapoc-cover.jpg
200KB, 789x1000px
>>51509274
Dust Adventures
>>
>>51509274

>we were literally reading three seperate source books trying to find information on what base AC is supposed to be

Half your Vigor die + 2.

> how skills work

You roll the skill die plus a d6, take whichever is higher.

>how the fuck you determine initiative

Just have everyone roll Notice. Highest goes first. Alternative use playing cards if you want it to be more random.

Savage Worlds has some nuances which are a pain in the ass to figure out but this is basic shit anyone can find. Are your players idiots?
>>
You could try Achtung Cthulhu! It runs on the Fate system.
>>
>>51512182
I think OP and his players might be idiots for using 3 different rulebooks with conflicting statements written into them. You really just need the explorers edition book and the companion book for the setting.
>>
>>51516616

I have a feeling they were using third party companions, which are always of varying quality.

The CRB very clearly explains everything his group couldn't understand. I don't know how dumb you have to be to think drawing on three different sources for basic rules will give you the results you want.
>>
Wow, OP. You are an absolute idiot. Savage Worlds is very simple.

Also, want a cardless initiative system?
Roll d20, 20 is a Joker
>>
>>51510101
>"Gais, Savage Worlds is too haaaard."
>"I'll try GURPS instead."
My only solace is knowing that you'll waste even more time without getting anywhere.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.