[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

In MT:G circles, you have Spikes, Timmies and Johnnies. Spikes

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: Timmy-Power-Gamer.jpg (12KB, 200x285px) Image search: [Google]
Timmy-Power-Gamer.jpg
12KB, 200x285px
In MT:G circles, you have Spikes, Timmies and Johnnies. Spikes play to win, Timmies play to feel powerful, and Johnnies play to feel smart.

But those rules don't hold true for D&D players -- at least, not for any edition other than 3rd. What kinds of psychographic profiles are there for TTRPG players?
>>
>at least, not for any edition other than 3rd.
>i've listened to nothing but troll memes and now am brain dumb

Here's hoping you can still have a good thread despite you being a little retarded.
>>
>>51502272
Spikes take the most optimized options.
Timmys take the flashiest options.
Johnys are harder to pin point IMO. I guess they try to use options in unexpected ways, or completely circumvent challenges.
>>
How do we call players who play for fetishes and seducing everyithing that has a pulse?
>>
>>51503522
That Guy
>>
>>51503535
This.
>>
>>51502272
Spike. Plays to kill everything and be wants to be the best at everything.

Timmies want to play as the special types of races and classes like Dragon born barbarian and Tiefling Warlock.

Johnnies like to outsmart the DM by playing lots of pranks or overcoming obstacles in unusual ways.

That guy is that guy.

Then we got Bobby who just likes to role play and may even choose stupid things that weakens their character for flavor.
>>
>>51502272
you are wrong.

Spike plays to prove something, i.e. he plays for a challenge, for an accomplishment. "play to win" is one facet.

Timmy plays to experience something, or more accurately timnynplays for the experience of playing. He plays to have fun, he plays with things he enjoys which may be big splashy nonsense, it may be the most grindy, agonizing control deck ever.

Johnny plays to express something. johnny makes combo decks because he likes to put together the pieces. he also nakes theme decks and overy synnergies, innovative pro gamers are at least as much johnny as spike.

all of these have a place in RPGs. Spike is the munchkin and power gamer, he's the roll player and murderhobo. he tries to win at a noncompetitive game because it doesn't provide the competition that actually drives him.

johnny is the optimizer, the guy with the weird five-book build and the guy who invented pun-pun for fun. sometimes he breaks the game, sometimes he plays a sentient muffin as the sorcerer supreme of mars.

timmy is the actor and the roleplayer who throws himself into it, he's the social player who has as much table talk as in-character talk because he's there for the group as much as the game.
>>
>>51507763
Is it bad that I think only Timmys sound appealing to have in groups?
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.