[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

LOS MAGOS DEL TIEMPOS

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 4

Allright /tg/, I'm a first time GM who's never even played a paper and pen game before and i want to run a MAGOS DEL TIEMPOS game. I've had a single friend over to try the system and I like it, but I just have a few question.

-Should I write out what happens in the characters lives before we start, or just make it up as I go along?

-Who decides how the players look?

-How the fuck do I plan a campaign?

-Where can I find the YES/NOPE cards?

-How do I decide if a players magik is feasible?
>>
>>51501173
>-Should I write out what happens in the characters lives before we start, or just make it up as I go along?
Up to the players what their characters backstories and motivations are

>-Who decides how the players look?
Up to the players

>-How the fuck do I plan a campaign?
Like playing jazz, have few flexible ideas

>-Where can I find the YES/NOPE cards?
What do you need them for exactly?

>-How do I decide if a players magik is feasible?
No idea, never heard of your system before
>>
>>51501708
>Up to the players what their characters backstories and motivations are
So when I'm describing the week where they choose their powers from, do I get them to tell me about their character beforehand?

>What do you need them for exactly?
uhhhhh....... they tell you how your 'spell' works.

>No idea, never heard of your system before
You mean my personal system or TIME WIZARDS? Because all I mean is how do I decide if a player is just pushing the limits?
>>
>>51501173
What the hell is this?
>>
>>51501708
Probably shouldn't give input on a system you haven't heard of before

>>51501173
>-Should I write out what happens in the characters lives before we start, or just make it up as I go along?
You can write it out if you want, I usually just let my players pick a time, but most of my games are pretty spur the moment.

>-Who decides how the players look?
Up to the players

>-How the fuck do I plan a campaign?
Like playing noise rock. Really, anything goes, and because the GM can change at any moment, don't get too hung up on it. Come up with a general plot to drop them into, and be prepared to improvise literally everything. This doesn't play like a traditional RPG, so none of those tips will help

>-Where can I find the YES/NOPE cards?
Print them or hand write them. One of the books has some in the back I think.

>-How do I decide if a players magik is feasible?
If it's funny. Really, the point of this game is to be stupid, not to tell a coherent story. As long as everyone is laughing, you're doing alright. Don't worry about someone being overpowered, you're playing Time Wizards.

I will say, Time Wizards is an odd choice for a first time GM, but there's nothing wrong with it. Play it more like an improv show, and less like D&D
>>
>>51501926
>>51501708
I can't believe there's people on /tg/ who haven't heard of time wizards. I've got a PDF of the cards for ya OP, I'm gonna drop this and the classic rules as well for the newbies.
>>
>>
>>
>>51501937
>>51501978
>>51502000
>>51502017
Churr bro
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.