[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

NULL SNYPER, INTERNET SCOURGE

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 318
Thread images: 41

File: Null Snyper 2.png (876KB, 831x1076px) Image search: [Google]
Null Snyper 2.png
876KB, 831x1076px
How does it feel to know that in the Chronicles of Darkness (new World of Darkness 2e), the GamerGate movement was masterminded by an ugly Spanish hacker spider-lady?

>Recently, Null Snyper discovered the adolescent man-children that exist where gamers and men’s rights activists overlap. She felt nothing but contempt for them, but she decided to try flexing her internet muscles. Instead of driving people to suicide through direct online interaction, she whipped up an angry mob to go after her targets. Through empty rhetoric and carefully coordinated campaigns of doxing and harassment, she terrorized players, game developers, and journalists in the industry who don’t share her trolls’ views. The first time she saw a man killed by police, live on webcam as a result of a swatting prank, ecstasy, unlike that from any other death she caused, filled her completely. She knew she was on the right track.

>Now she maintains a carefully cultivated legion of followers. Certain circles avidly follow Null Snyper’s exploits and celebrate her as a master troll. It only takes a word or two from her to unleash the fury of hordes of aspiring trolls longing to make a name for themselves. They’ll dox anyone or breach private accounts if it means gaining a small measure of notoriety by attaching themselves to her reputation.

She also has Allies (Internet Trolls) 5. Her legion of "adolescent man-children" wields so much clout that they can automatically cancel another character's 5-dot Social Merit, like Status (Military General) 5, for one session.

And this game's rules make it completely trivial to dox someone and get their government ID numbers and bank accounts: >>51489190
>>
>>51499051
Wow, that's stupid.
>>
>>51499051
Conquering Heroes is one of the worst books ever written (somehow managing to trump its core book, Beast the Primordial), and the other one you're referring to, Hurt Locker has highly variable quality.

Next you should talk about the weird semi-Beast guy who feeds people his dick eggs as caviar, which causes them to produce dick eggs as well.

Writing at its finest, ladies and gentlemen.

Never play Beast. Please.
>>
File: YOU ARE BEING RECORDED.png (396KB, 1816x927px) Image search: [Google]
YOU ARE BEING RECORDED.png
396KB, 1816x927px
>>51499101

>Hurt Locker has highly variable quality.

Yes, like the mortals who read an ex-Amish pacifist blog, and then spontaneously develop hilariously cost-effective superpowers that quell violence with the help of six cameras.
>>
>>51499051
Why
>>
>>51499122
Haha holy shit what the fuck is this? Is this shit real? Who thought this was a good idea?
>>
File: Plain 2.png (418KB, 776x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Plain 2.png
418KB, 776x1080px
>>51499233

Go ahead and read the last thread: >>51488411
>>
>>51499252
>>51499122
Writing is horrible and the skills are unbalanced, but i kinda dig the idea of a pacifism elemental mage. I'm sure someone can make it better than "dudes who read a random online blog"
>>
>So, how long before we start a cult around her?
>>
File: af0.jpg (117KB, 680x1007px) Image search: [Google]
af0.jpg
117KB, 680x1007px
>>51499051
>>
>>51499456
Yeah, I mean, there's definitely something to work with here. If you go looking, you can find plenty of examples of people who managed to defuse conflicts through establishing empathy with the attackers and reminding them of basic human decency. Taking that and expanding it into some mystical "power of higher ideals" thing could be really cool in the right context. But having it come from something as culturally ephemeral as a magic blog? Kind of undersells all the people who really have done that, all on their own without some asshole on the internet telling them about the importance of peace. Plus, these merits make it too easy. The power of those stories of human decency and peace comes from how unlikely it is. How difficult it must have been for these people to accomplish it. This trivializes it, and winds up being kind of insulting to the very principles it's trying to exalt.
>>
File: Plain Reader.png (473KB, 765x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Plain Reader.png
473KB, 765x1080px
>>51499912

Amish hate witchcraft.
Amish shun many forms of technology.

Why does reading an ex-Amish blog give you pacifist witchcraft, powered by strapping six cameras onto yourself and yelling "YOU ARE BEING RECORDED"?
>>
>>51499912
I think you're hitting on a good point.

There are somethings numbers and dice can't represent and or deliver very well. This might be devolving into the CHA stat argument. Saying the words and coming up with an argument and actually convening the emotion. I can see this as a really gamey superpower, that should really be opened up after an epiphany moment.

I mean how are you going to equate years of psych study and real world experience into blog post?
>>
>>51499582
We already did. This is the twisted distortion of Vivian James.
>>
>>51499456
Yes, the idea is sound, even though it's not terribly novel. There is even a horribly imbalanced pacifist class for D&D 3.5.

The writing is... amusing, to say the last.
>>
>>51499051
Man, it took me like 10 mins to notice that her name is not "NULL SPYDER"
I also have to wonder if she's false-flagging in arachnophobia threads.
>>
File: Null Snyper 1.png (695KB, 831x1076px) Image search: [Google]
Null Snyper 1.png
695KB, 831x1076px
>If u can’t take criticism, GTFO n00b! LOL
"How do you do, fellow kids?"

>As soon as she graduated high school and was on her own, she saved up enough to buy an old laptop. She spent every moment of her free time engrossed in it. Her favorite forum was one that criticized people’s self-made costumes. Members of the community would take pictures of other people’s cosplay and upload them for everyone to ridicule. Maria gleefully joined in savaging the images. One picture turned out to be of a regular poster to the group.
Null is also from /cgl/.
>>
File: Null Snyper 3.png (971KB, 831x1076px) Image search: [Google]
Null Snyper 3.png
971KB, 831x1076px
Second page in the OP image.

>Rumors
>“Null Snyper is so active in the men’s rights activists’ forums, we’re probably looking for a socially awkward male in his teens to early 20s.”
A little on the nose there.

>One of the local Begotten is doxed. Now, a coordinated campaign of harassment has begun. Null Snyper had an epiphany on how to use the Primordial Dream to integrate herself more fully into the realm of information, but she needs a Beast’s Lair to enact her plan. It’s a race against time as the characters attempt to find the source of the harassment before the operation reaches its bloody conclusion.
Oh no! Someone is being harassed on the internet and cannot turn off their computer! Clearly, this is a job for the valiant Beasts. Such tension, such high stakes!
>>
File: Null Snyper 4.png (704KB, 831x1076px) Image search: [Google]
Null Snyper 4.png
704KB, 831x1076px
It really gets my goat how Null Snyper has Allies (Internet Trolls) 5, enough to go up against Resources 5. For that matter, how does this even make sense?

>Now she maintains a carefully cultivated legion of followers. Certain circles avidly follow Null Snyper’s exploits and celebrate her as a master troll. It only takes a word or two from her to unleash the fury of hordes of aspiring trolls longing to make a name for themselves. They’ll dox anyone or breach private accounts if it means gaining a small measure of notoriety by attaching themselves to her reputation.

Why would Anons ever rally around a name/tripfag?
>>
>>51502633
maybe they're not on 4chan?
>>
>>51499122
http://stallman.org
>>
>>51500099
>>51499912
It is magical blog because it is just pandering to progressive youths. It all screams "if you blog hard enough you can change the world so keep up the good fight!" That book tries to sell itself to leftist and hipsters thinking that whining and blocking people on Twitter is being "activist" and that Gamergate is the worst thing that has ever happened. There are even rules for doxxing, for fucks sake.
>>
File: d1d.png (387KB, 311x692px) Image search: [Google]
d1d.png
387KB, 311x692px
>>51502633
>you can't buy a private jet, because the jet company got super trolle with image macros
>your bank accounts all froze because 4chen sent the bank director a shoped picture where he is the happy merchant
>the money under your mattress disappeared because someone called you a fag
>>
File: smug anime girl 417.png (117KB, 372x351px) Image search: [Google]
smug anime girl 417.png
117KB, 372x351px
>>51505263
>the director of Task Force: VALKYRIE can't bring his Status 5 to bear because 5chinz called him a cuck on Twitter
>>
File: Doxxing.png (245KB, 414x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Doxxing.png
245KB, 414x1080px
Bonus round: The rules for doxxing from Hurt Locker. It is so easy to dox someone in this system. Computer dots are for IT experts only, remember?

>To scrape social media for personal information, roll Intelligence + Computer, opposed by the target’s Resolve + Computer, in an extended action. Each roll represents an hour of work on the hacker’s part; rolls by the target represent longer-term vigilance to prevent metadata leakage. The hacker must accrue a number of successes equal to twice the target’s unmodified dice pool, and the target must do likewise — the first to reach this number is victorious. If successful, the hacker gains access to personal information, including name, address, and frequently visited places. An exceptional success grants government ID numbers or bank account information, giving the hacker access to the subject’s Resources Merit, if she has one (if she does not, he’ll likely open a credit card in her name and run up obscene bills, saddling her with debt).

>If the target is victorious, her stalker’s efforts are stymied, and he cannot gain access to her information through this means. On its own, doxxing (the publication of personal information to a wide audience) may not seem like the worst thing that could possibly happen. The truth of the matter is that doxxing never happens in a vacuum. If someone cares enough to dig up information and publish it, odds are others will be sufficiently motivated to act upon it. The Storyteller should roll a die every chapter — a failure indicates that the victim is clear of harassment for the remainder of the story, while a success indicates that a stalker will harass him in some way. This could be as subtle as taking selfies outside his workplace or as blatant as leaving dead animals on his doorstep — or worse. For every dot of Fame or Status the target has, add one die to the roll — bigger names attract more attention. Other Merits affect this roll at the Storyteller’s discretion.
>>
File: b05.png (560KB, 600x778px) Image search: [Google]
b05.png
560KB, 600x778px
>>51505290
sounds like there needs to be a new special forces team to fight the internet
>>
>>51505317

So, a target with Resolve 3 and no dots in Computer? Down to a chance die and a target number of 3 successes.

The target's IT crew could help with teamwork actions, but the target number is still only the unmodified 3... and the doxxer's friends can help the doxxing with their own teamwork actions.

Exceptional success? You now have the government ID numbers or bank accounts of a mortal president, a hierarch, a vampire prince, or whatever suits your fancy.

As written, there are no rules for un-doxxing oneself. If someone gets doxxed, then for the rest of the game, the GM rolls a die at the start of each chapter (session) to see if they get harassed.

A failure means that the target is clear for the rest of the story (adventure arc)... but the roll gains bonus dice equal to the target's Fame and Status dots. Status dots are extremely common among NPCs, which means harassing NPCs will be trivial.
>>
>>51505290
Do you have over 400 smug anime girls on your PC?
>>
File: haggard.jpg (93KB, 662x658px) Image search: [Google]
haggard.jpg
93KB, 662x658px
>>51505290
>the local Prince calls off all Blood Hunts because somebody linked him to a rickroll
>>
>>51499051
Honestly it makes me laugh at this point.
It's like that Captain America comic that had Donald Trump as MODOK. They can pretend it's edgy and relevant but really it just looks butthurt.
>>
>>51499456

Man. You know, I read Requiem for Rome, and I thought it was really good.

This? This is fucking shit, is what it is.
>>
>>51502633
A sane ST would limit what Null Snyper could do with her Allies merit to things that would be believable for a gaggle of script kiddies could do.

I fear that the writers of this extract are not sane STs.
>>
>>51505926
No anon, a sane ST tosses the Hurt Locker in the garbage.
>>
>>51505952
A sane ST wouldn't have a physical copy of The Hurt Locker to toss in the garbage, unless it was the Iraq War film.
>>
A sane ST isn't using 2e/Chronicles at all
>>
I feel bad for Monster (the system) it clearly started out as trying to be a more poignant version of VtM and got so consumed by adolescent revenge fantasy it no longer has any semblance of sanity
>>
>>51499122

I'm just wondering, is there an opposite?

Like, does reading 4chan temporarily give you Fomor powers? Or, do /pol/ readers suit up in Nazi fetish gear and swastika masks to commit mass acts of hate crime?

I mean, there has to be a Dark Side to the Light Side of the fucking Amish pacifist powers.
>>
>>51505952
Yes, because a sidebar and one of the templates aren't fantastic, the entire book is trash.

I like The Lost Boys, very Bourne, and I hate/love Infected, since I've been working on a Major Splat version of Pathogen for years now.
>>
File: sad owl.gif (2MB, 426x639px) Image search: [Google]
sad owl.gif
2MB, 426x639px
>>51506078
If that would be the case I would be a /ss/ doujin MC by now. Or a cute anime kitsune. or both.

>tfw no magical powers from Internet
>>
>>51499051
As someone who's followed White Wolf right from the oWoD days, who enjoyed it right alongside nWoD equally, this is physically painful to read.

Fuck Onyx Path. Fuck them all.
>>
>>51505317

Hmmm, what sort of mischief could I get up too with the sympathetic names of ~half the mages in the consilium?
>>
>>51499122
What's next? The "Am I Being Detained" spell?
>>
File: 1477376034289.gif (1MB, 478x360px) Image search: [Google]
1477376034289.gif
1MB, 478x360px
>>51505317
>If someone cares enough to dig up information and publish it, odds are others will be sufficiently motivated to act upon it. The Storyteller should roll a die every chapter — a failure indicates that the victim is clear of harassment for the remainder of the story, while a success indicates that a stalker will harass him in some way. This could be as subtle as taking selfies outside his workplace or as blatant as leaving dead animals on his doorstep — or worse. For every dot of Fame or Status the target has, add one die to the roll — bigger names attract more attention. Other Merits affect this roll at the Storyteller’s discretion.

Is this seriously implying that anyone who gets doxxed will, for the rest of their life, be at risk of being harassed, more so if they have any degree of social status at all?
>>
File: Candy 1.png (716KB, 831x1076px) Image search: [Google]
Candy 1.png
716KB, 831x1076px
Okay. Voice of the Victim.

Please bear in mind that Candy here was repeatedly raped by her Beast "friend," while Candy sleeped, until she killed that Beast.

Candy here is supposed to be a Hero and thus a villain.
>>
File: Candy 2.png (864KB, 831x1076px) Image search: [Google]
Candy 2.png
864KB, 831x1076px
>>51506639

Candy's vlog unwittingly allows other Heroes to track down and kill Beasts.

This Hero's main tool is a vlog.

>“The sad truth is we’ve made this world a gray, uncaring place where everyone does the bare minimum to get by. The people want to believe in ideals, but harsh reality tells them hope and faith are mistakes. To hell with the needs of innocent victims crushed beneath the wheels of grinding prosperity. The man who sat beside me is a crook — a beast. Nobody will address this because he has the most expensive lawyers in the country. But let me tell you now, live: the people need to hear the strong voice of someone bold enough to tell the greedy magnates, bent politicians, and violent criminals they’re wrong. Their victims won’t take this any longer. The beast beside me, and everyone like him, need to be shown we won’t take their shit any longer.”
This speech went viral somehow. Onyx Path seems out of touch.

>Beasts noticed Voice of the Victim’s actions as their addresses, places of work, and families were featured on the publicly-visible website. The furor surrounding the site made Candy’s visible aims a particular concern to Beasts lairing on campuses. A youthful brood attempted legal action against the Hero initially, but, finding no traction, plotted her abduction. Foolishly, the brood broadcasted plans of the attack across social media, where word of it leaked to Candy.

>Rasmussen anticipated their assault and recorded every step of their aggression. The Hero’s loyal fans on campus — students and teachers both — intercepted the Beasts. After forming a human wall around the vlogger’s building, they fanatically and violently defended Rasmussen.

>Candy uploaded footage of the brood’s unsuccessful raid that evening, along with her voiceover mocking the “vengeful beasts.”

>She knew other Heroes would soon eliminate the Beasts, whose faces were online
The Beasts failed because they posted it on Twitter beforehand!
>>
File: Candy 3.png (934KB, 831x1076px) Image search: [Google]
Candy 3.png
934KB, 831x1076px
>>51506672

>As one of the Beasts enters a church, a therapist’s office, or another place of quiet refuge, they spy a heavily-disguised Candy Rasmussen exiting. Supposedly, Rasmussen goes nowhere alone, yet in this instance she’s unaccompanied by any of her hangers on. This is a golden opportunity to stalk the Hero, engage her while she’s undefended, or simply find out more about her. What darkness does she contain that drives her to a place of counseling and contemplation, and is it possible to reach her with words instead of resorting to claws and Horrors?

"So, you see your enemy coming out of a therapist office after having been traumatized by the bullshit someone on your side pulled. Perfect time to rap- I mean, kidnap them!"

I swear, Beast was secretly made by a bunch of serial rapists/murderers to act as a cover for them planning out their fantasies, like Slasher without the "and this is a terrible thing" added on.
>>
File: Candy 4.png (645KB, 831x1076px) Image search: [Google]
Candy 4.png
645KB, 831x1076px
>>51506677

>Candy’s reasoning is one of misguided altruism. She believes Beasts taint what they touch and harm what they love.

About that. This is completely true about Beasts, and Candy is completely right, especially judging from how her Beast "friend" kept raping her while she slept.
>>
>>51506687
Yep. Beast was a complete misfire. I don't know what the hell was going through the writers' minds when they put the game together.
>>
holy shit!

WTH happened to WoD?
>>
>>51506988
A bad game line and a bad supplement. They've been doing ok otherwise, Demon was excellent and the 2E releases have been going well. Still though the company needs to reverse course HARD on Beast.
>>
>>51506535

Yea this is fucking gross. Is it real? Like from a real book??
>>
>>51507034

what line is this?
>>
File: Sank the Titanic.png (863KB, 831x1076px) Image search: [Google]
Sank the Titanic.png
863KB, 831x1076px
>Underneath the rust and corrosion, only three letters were even partially legible — A N I — but the location and the serpent’s memories all fell into place. They had called it unsinkable, they had ventured into his territory, and he had taken their challenge. The Titanic had sunk, like everything else that challenged him.

Several decades ago (before he became an Incarnate), this Beast literally sank the Titanic just for the challenge, and Beasts are still supposed to be "the good guys."
>>
>>51507065
Beast: the Primordial
>>
File: Alvin 2.png (895KB, 831x1076px) Image search: [Google]
Alvin 2.png
895KB, 831x1076px
Re: Politics.

>Over the last 20 years, Alvin has mastered his feeding technique. He runs at least six different PACs and Super PACs and boasts that half the elected officials in the state owe their allegiance to him. Alvin pays particular attention to ambitious politicians whose views are strongly opposed to his own, but who are careless about accepting campaign donations. Perhaps once an election cycle, he picks one of these rising stars as his special prey. He funnels huge campaign contributions into the politician’s coffers and buys prime advertising spots in support of his victim’s candidacy. If the candidate wins the election — and most of the time he does — Alvin approaches his prey in private and offers his congratulations. A few weeks later, the Beast starts making requests — support this bill, throw that case out of court, or press charges against that company.

>At first, his requests are all things the victim was planning to do anyway. Then Alvin starts inviting the prey to fine restaurants and top tier golf courses, or he starts showing up at events his victim is hosting. Once in the presence of his prey, Alvin doesn’t hesitate to use Nightmares to ensure future meetings. As time goes on, the Beast’s requests become more troubling. The prey must propose or pass legislation that is a veritable parody of his political views. A fierce proponent of gun rights proposes a budget that includes supplying schools with enough guns and body armor for every teacher and child, or a small government state governor vetoes every piece of legislation that crosses his desk. At the same time, Alvin’s private meetings with the victim take on a darker cast, increasingly involving crimes ranging from petty theft and illegal drug use to embezzlement and sex crimes to armed robbery and murder. This continues to escalate — and continues to feed the Beast — until the victim is either arrested or resigns in disgrace.
>>
File: Alvin 3.png (1MB, 831x1076px) Image search: [Google]
Alvin 3.png
1MB, 831x1076px
>>51507108

>In the last 20 years, only three of Alvin’s victims have killed themselves as they realized how bleak their situation had become, and one of those killed his whole family before he turned the gun on himself. In the past, Alvin regarded these as something of a disappointment. Early in his career, whenever he felt a need to feed that he couldn’t immediately satisfy, visiting his prey in jail — either with offers to help her get out of jail or with assurances that that she will never feel the sun on her face again when he has finished — could take the edge off his Hunger. Alvin hasn’t needed to do that in years, though.

>Despite his unshakable emotional detachment and his Hunger, Alvin remains fairly true to his upbringing. Like his parents, his politics are fairly liberal, and most of his victims are of a conservative bent — the better to discredit their political views in the eyes of the voting public. Moreover, while he freely admits that he’s a monster, he still feels that he serves God by humbling those who succumb to pride and using their fates to warn others about the hazards of seeking temporal power. He continues to carry the banner of his parents’ philanthropy, and although he is by no means gentle with his prey, the city would miss his charity work if ever Alvin suddenly vanished. The fact that he is an unmarried billionaire with no children of his own has only made him more eager to give away his money to the causes he supports.

This Beast forces lawmakers to pass horrible law after horrible law. Not once is it mentioned how much this screws over the common person.

Beasts are still the good guys.

But damn those conservatives! We righteous Beasts are liberals!

Please do not hurt this non-American poster.
>>
>>51507089
yiffe!
>>
File: 600d5e6fbc01d88345b796060f354223.png (759KB, 1050x1100px) Image search: [Google]
600d5e6fbc01d88345b796060f354223.png
759KB, 1050x1100px
How Beast is supposed to be played, according to the developers.

https://forum.rpg.net/showthread.php?759812-Beast-The-Primordial-Roots-in-the-Community

>Matt plays John Dawson (Ugallu (Predator). He owns a house in the neighborhood, where he takes people (children, often), whose families are lying to one another and otherwise toxic. He lets them freak out, then returns the kid a few days later, unharmed.
>Dawson finishes up the practice, noting which parents are there cheering for their kids and which ones stay on their cell phones the whole time, ignoring what's going on. He doesn't need to feed right now, but he notes which of his charges might need to get lost for a few hours at some point, just enough to make their parents take notice.

This is the plot of Heavy Rain: kidnapping people just to teach them and their parents some vague "lesson."

>Michelle's character is Maia Wallis (Makara Ravager). Maia prefers to feed by getting into relationships with men and then slowing wrecking their lives. They're free to walk at any point, of course (she doesn't stalk them if they break up with her). She teaches the lesson that some relationships are toxic and it's better to end them.
>Toasty's character is Tyler Townsend (Eshmaki Nemesis)... As a Nemesis, he tries to teach thieves that their lives aren't worth whatever they're trying to steal (he runs an antique shop).
>Amanda plays Miriana Kyle (Eshmaki Predator)... As a Predator, she seeks to remind people that their status on the food chain isn't a given - even people can be prey.

The inherent problem with this logic is "Ironic shitposting is still shitposting, and ironic psychopathy is still psychopathy." Rather than create some good in the world, these Beasts inflict suffering and call it "lessons."
>>
Beast obviously has shitty lore, but how is it mechanically?
Is it a lot like Demon, where you have lots of cool abilities but you can't use them?
>>
>>51507196

Beast's mechanics involve spooking people to manage your hunger, voyeuristically observing other supernaturals also to manage your hunger, and then psychically spooking people to mass-murder (very effective, this one) or mind control them.

You sometimes manifest physical powers and can transform into mega-dream-monsters with mega-dream-lairs. These can be strong, but lack the subtlety and reliability of the psychic spooking powers.
>>
>>51505322
Well, if you harass somebody important, you will just disappear. Because WoD.
>>
>>51507272
>One of the local Begotten is doxed. Now, a coordinated campaign of harassment has begun. Null Snyper had an epiphany on how to use the Primordial Dream to integrate herself more fully into the realm of information, but she needs a Beast’s Lair to enact her plan. It’s a race against time as the characters attempt to find the source of the harassment before the operation reaches its bloody conclusion.

The writers think internet harassment is plot hook-worthy.
>>
>>51507166
The inherent problem is the game glorifies the atrocities you are committing and not the reason behind it. If the system encouraged fighting your beastly nature and failure to do so resulting in your actions it would seem a lot more self aware. Right now it sounds like a paper thin justification for acting like a literal monster, lIke this system is to the 2000s as Kill Puppies for Satan is to the 90s
>>
>>51507630
Basically, the problem is that everything you are presented with as positive is fucking awful. Unironically. I haven't encountered this much doublethink since I read the Water Margin.

You aren't even told to enjoy how evil you are, because apparently, you're not evil at all. Even when you literally eat people (as some Beasts can or do). But Heroes are the bad guys for getting triggered when you mentally fuck them up. Victim: The Blaming was actually an accurate title for this.
>>
>>51499051
It's fun to watch man-children get upset at things on the Internet.
>>
>>51507676
>man-children
>not man-babies
Check your privilage
>>
>>51507659
I always liked Abuser: the Justifying myself
>>
File: Mememancy.png (169KB, 869x810px) Image search: [Google]
Mememancy.png
169KB, 869x810px
>>51506078
/pol/ resurrects the ancient art of Mememancy.
>>
>>51499975
Well, they were right to shun tech, since blogs are witchcraft.
>>
>>51506639
>>51506672
>>51506677
>>51506687
Well, from the name Rasmussen, she's clearly a white person. That's a bad sign already.
>>
>>51499101
Mind sharing that terrible book so we can hate it alongside you?
>>
>>51505322
So, how feasible would it be to dox Null Snyper, roll up, and merc her? Because I feel that would solve a lot of problems.
>>
Isn't WoD the most SJW game on the market anyways?
>>
>>51499122
I love the plain. They're just the dumbest fucking thing in the goddamn world.
>>
>>51509704
Beast sure is.
>>
>>51509704
>>51509813
Calling Beast SJW is wrong, it offends their sensibilities as well.
>>
>>51499051
Honestly it's nothing new when it comes to the WoD. They did this all the time, from Stalin to Jesus, if they weren't a supernatural creature, then they were being manipulated by them.

It it seems strange to anyone, it's probably becaue the Orignal WoD ended before we really saw the rise of social media and networking, so we didn't get to see stuff like this until recently, though they did touch on it with some of the stuff like Shrecknet, Hunternet, as well as some discussion of social networks in the revised Technocracy Convention books.
>>
>>51509893
That's actually par for the course in SJW circles.
>>
>>51499101

Hurt Locker was good shit though.
>>
>>51506677
>I swear, Beast was secretly made by a bunch of serial rapists/murderers to act as a cover for them planning out their fantasies, like Slasher without the "and this is a terrible thing" added on.
While I view it as something only a little better than FATAL, it's basically all the old edgy Black Dog stuff about the Baali, Black Spiral Dancers, and a few others, all rolled into one game.
>>
>>51507108
>supplying schools with enough guns and body armor for every teacher and child
The sad part is that in some schools this would actually decrease violence.
>>
>>51507117

So going by the first story hook, the Beast splat assumes that people know about the supernatural?
>>
>>51510735
Didn't notice that, I guess the writer also conveniently forgot that the supernatural is supposed to be hidden in nWoD
>>
>>51506222
A third of the book is about Hill's godawful Tokyo setting. That alone is enough to justify its place in the garbage.
>>
File: fuck.gif (994KB, 268x161px) Image search: [Google]
fuck.gif
994KB, 268x161px
>>51499051
>Her legion of "adolescent man-children" wields so much clout that they can automatically cancel another character's 5-dot Social Merit, like Status (Military General) 5, for one session.

>Mexico invades the US and takes control with little to no resistance because reddit called the marines faggot niggers
>>
>>51509600
Resolve 3 and Computer 5. A bit harder than usual.
>>
>>51499122
>tfw no AM I BEING DETAINED which cancels out any government-related social merits
>>
>>51499975
>uncle jedhai
>uncle jedi
for what purpose
>>
>>51512590
>Mexico invades the US and takes control with little to no resistance because reddit called the marines faggot niggers

conversely, the US ends terrorism by the power of Navy SEAL copypasta and Marine Todd memes
>>
>>51513624
Really makes you think.
>>
>>51499975
>>51513624
How does the Plain blogger know that the bikers didn't just flee so that they would avoid being put on death row for murder?
>>
>>51514397
With amish blogger magic.
>>
>>51508989
Quasi-ironic nazis and internet trolls accidentally stumbling onto effective magic and rolling with it because causing chaos is funny is some real Unknown Armies shit
>>
>>51515821
>implying i'm not writing a campaign based on that
Also, if I realized that calling people faggots on the internet lead to them writing shit like this and selling it for money, I wouldn't have done it so much.
>>
>>51513683
>nations around the world realize the power of internet trolling, and from henceforth, all wars are waged with dank memes
>>
can aanybody provide links to this and beast?
>>
>>51510735
>>51510917
I also did not notice this. Unless you run them like nut jobs it really doesn't work. which just paints left wing as nut jobs, when OPP is pretty liberal. sorry I think the verisimilitude of the setting is finally breaking here
>>
>>51518610
>>51510917
>>51510735

Then going be the second story hook, is House Bill 2835 supposed to be some kind of anti-Beast legislation?
>>
>>51499051
It makes me glad I only like oWoD, whose stupidity is no longer current and thus can be looked on humorously.
>>
>>51499101
They're still trying to force Beast instead of abandoning the bomb?
>>
>>51499051
Pretty good in that Geist 2e will be free of this shit now that it's out of their system and they know most people found it lacking in taste.
>>
File: Alvin 4.png (705KB, 831x1076px) Image search: [Google]
Alvin 4.png
705KB, 831x1076px
>>51510735
>>51510917
>>51518610
>>51519345

This is the explanation:

>“As much as I admire what he has built, Alvin Zane has finally flipped his shit. His new PAC, Citizens for Public Safety, has not only convinced the governor that supernatural creatures exist but that they must be eradicated. If House Bill 2835 soars through Zane’s well-oiled political machine the way it’s expected to, our paradise will soon be a police state — ubiquitous surveillance, arrest warrants for anyone even suspected of possessing occult connections, and literal bounties on the head of anyone who fails to meekly show up in court on the appointed day. I hear his PAC is supplying intelligence to monster hunters like the Barrett Commission, the Union, and even fucking Taskforce V.A.L.K.Y.R.I.E. so they can exterminate us. It’s also secured pledges of financial support from Deva Corporation, which apparently wants to set up some sort of regional headquarters somewhere in the state. This last decade has been really great, but I’m getting out now before Zane gives my address to the first Hero who sniffs around the capital.”
>>
File: Alvin 5.png (704KB, 831x1076px) Image search: [Google]
Alvin 5.png
704KB, 831x1076px
>>51519620

>Alvin Zane has set wheels into motion to expose, drive out, or destroy all the Children in his territory. Some Beasts argue that he simply can’t stand the thought of having competition. After all, others of his kind have carved out feeding grounds by following his example, and clashes between PACs have grown more common. While there is some truth to that, mostly Zane hates that occult parasites have come to regard his constituents as easy pickings. He refuses to believe that his political empire has caused so much damage to the state he loves, and so rival Beasts and the other cousins of the Children make convenient scapegoats for his frustration. The path ahead will eventually spell doom for Zane, but he stands to cause a lot of damage before a rival Beast, the local wizards, a random Hero, or any of a thousand other enemies he has made over the last two decades finally manages to take him down. No one wants to speak the obvious question, though: “Who or what will fill the power vacuum Alvin Zane leaves behind?”

Why this knowledge of the supernatural would not spread beyond the state is anyone's guess. How it would even happen is even more baffling, considering the amount of supernatural creatures in positions of power.

>>51511326

What makes the Tokyo setting so bad?
>>
>>51519628
Because David Hill wrote it. Despite having actually lived there if i recall correctly he knows less than your average high school weeb who has only heard about in his chinese cartoons.
>>
>>51505505

I'm imagining an ancient prince who's only just starting to get the hang of computers throwing an utter shitfit because he's not quite gotten the hang of recorded pictures, thinking the rickroll is in realtime.

>Bring me this man's head!
>>
File: Happy Kitten.png (227KB, 728x1039px) Image search: [Google]
Happy Kitten.png
227KB, 728x1039px
>>51519638

>Hideyo’s: In a small, open-front store stuck between several other cramped electronic shops just like it, is Hideyo’s. Distinct only if you know to look for it, Hideyo’s has a number of random electronic and computer components on the sidewalk out front. At a glance, the only thing about it is that a number of the products appear to be makes that never went to market, or from manufacturers no one has ever heard of. It’s said that you can find anything at Hideyo’s, as long as it’s lost and hard to find. Hideyo himself will tell you many of the things he has for sale don’t exist, and that he gets them as gifts from the angels. He’ll also tell you “my god is Ultraman,” if you hang around long enough to talk to him.

>Happy Kitten Pancake Café: Maid Cafes dot the shop- ping district and run the spectrum from cute, colorful shops that cater to middle- and high-school-aged girls, to much more adult locations with much more adult interactions between clients and the staff. Happy Kitten Pancake is somewhere in between. The staff and owner appear to be pleasant, good-humored women who dress up as typical quasi-Edwardian maids (so long skirts, not short), and serve “the best pancakes in Tokyo.” Happy Kitten Pancake does not, however, put up with crap from clients. In the past year, eight men have been taken to the hospital from the Cafe having been beaten nearly to death. None of them will say what happened nor are they willing to press charges. The owner, Emi, simply says “boys can’t be rude here.” She is all of 150 centimeters tall, and none of her staff are much bigger. How these men end up in the hospital is anyone’s guess.

This is just like one of my Japanese animes!

I like the implication that there has to be something supernatural going on with short Japanese girls beating up greasy otaku.
>>
>>51518212
wow

such war
little change
>>
I know Beast is garbage and the Hurt Locker is bad, but are you seriously copy pasting from the other thread?
>>
>>51506535
To be fair, this shit is fairly tame compared to a lot of the really shit oWoD supplements. At least none of the Chronicles of Darkness books were so offensive they refused to sell them anymore. Even shit like Beast isn't nearly as horrible as Kindred of the East, Gypsy, Black Hand and whatever that scat fetish book was.

Not to mention Street Fighter. No, seriously. We don't mention oWoD Street Fighter.
>>
>>51519938
>scat fetish book
You can't be serious.
>>
>>51519969
WoD can be okay to great but when it comes to being bad, it doesn't halfass fucking up.
>>
>>51499051
What the fuck is this bullshit?
>>
What is GMC and why do people hate it?
>>
File: 1398904548770.jpg (209KB, 528x722px) Image search: [Google]
1398904548770.jpg
209KB, 528x722px
oWoD was so awesome, right guys?
>>
>>51520098
What book is that from?
>>
>>51510129
I don't remember them making Baali and BSD into heroes though.
>>
You know, Uragami (the nutball from Parasyte) would make a great "hero", you wouldn't need to change a thing.

>Beast:"Um...I...I-I...Ah."
>Uragami: Now there's one! KILL IT NOW!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HV7WMUVtQF0
>>
>>51510129
At least those books did a good job of insisting that yeah, those guys were assholes and bad guys.
>>
>>51520138
Freak Legion
>>
>>51520178
This line is further proof that the guy who wrote it should not be allowed to write anything at all.
>>
>>51520154
>BSD
they're trying to free the wyrm from its false imprisonment.
>>
>>51519938
>Gypsy
That one was hilarious though.
>>
>>51520222
And the wyrm is a bad thing in its corrupted form. The only time helping the wyrm is treated as a good thing is when it involved uncorrupting it.
>>
>>51508989
We need the Children of Kek splat.

Wielding the primordial power of Mememancy, channelling the Bane spirit through a CIA locus, sadfrogs and doges familiar.

Kek: The Mememing.
>>
>>51520253
>corrupted form
well thats the problem with the criminal justice system. if our system were built around rehabilitation instead of revenge our system wouldn't make minor offenders into career criminals. The weaver imprisoned the wyrm for it's own selfish prison for profit, under dubious conditions. I mean the wyrm was literally doing it's job when all of sudden it's getting harassed by the MAN, dog you dig. So really who's at fault for the fucked system we live in?
>>
>>51520355
You can sympathize with the Wyrm and find a way to heal it without releasing it with it's full Omincidal mania into the world.
>>
>>51520347
>bonus points for rolling dubs, trips, and quads
>>
>>51507166
>>Michelle's character is Maia Wallis (Makara Ravager). Maia prefers to feed by getting into relationships with men and then slowing wrecking their lives. They're free to walk at any point, of course (she doesn't stalk them if they break up with her). She teaches the lesson that some relationships are toxic and it's better to end them.
That's... legitimately troubling. In psychiatry, this sort of reasoning would very much be a warning bell that the person is incapable of empathy. You know, a psychopath.
>>
>>51519969
I am not. oWoD had a number of "erotic" supplements. Or rather, erotic isn't the word for it, but it was basically XXX horror shit. Shitting dick nipples type stuff that was just there to be edgy and/or appeal to people who jack off to scat/vore/futa hentai.
>>
>>51520243
Unless you were Romani.
>>
>>51520560
Gypsies are legitimately assholes, so I can't say that I care if something hurts their fee fees.
>>
>>51520428

I get the feeling being without empathy is a rather common thing in the beast community.
>>
>>51520560
Since when do Gypsies read roleplaying books
or any books at all
>>
>>51520572
>tfw most americans seem to be incapable of realising just how bad gypsies are
>>
>>51520627
Because there are very few here and most of them have been bleached enough they pass for regular rednecks.
>>
>>51520070
It's the second edition of the nwod and it's rules are stupider than the last edition and the writings taken a turn towards shit now that people who think they're hot shit from rpg.net are in as developers.
>>
>>51520639
Now that you mention it, I remember something on /tg/ a long time back about a beat cop shooting at a gangbanger running down the street, and something about GMC's rules for gun shooting in this situation to be retarded.
>>
>>51520572
>>51520626
>>51520627
Yes, because every single person belonging to an ethnic group are the same. Also, it's okay to be racist if the dude's a dick.
>>
>>51520710
Return that computer to the person you stole it from gypsy
>>
>>51520710
When it comes to gypsies, yes, they are all the same.
>>
>Recall that the Beast we have now is the 'improved' version because changes were made in response to fan revolt after review of the purported near complete Kickstarter draft. It's hard to believe that the game OPP planned to release was actually significantly worse that the crap we have now.
Just like OPP is going to listen to fan revolt of the Abyssal Exalted preview and "improve" it when they're finally released in 2019.
>>
>>51520744
>he thinks Exalted is going to see another release
>>
>>51520710
Gypsy culture is the main reason they're shit.
>>
>>51520744
Two things.

Did anyone ever leak that original Beast?

And what's wrong with the new Abyssals?
>>
>>51520764
Oh, you haven't heard of the rape ghosts? It's old old news by this point. I don't have the Backer PDFs. Someone from Exalted threads probably will. A few of the Abyssal Charms revolved around you manifesting ghosts who "ravish" you as you give a speech.
>>
>>51520764
>Did anyone ever leak that original Beast?
It's not hard to find on 4plebs anon
>>
>>51520786
No, I haven't heard of it. That's dead awful.
>>
>>51520813
Hey, at least it's no like 2e Abyssal charms.
>>
>>51520830
Yeah, it's worse.
>>
>>51520813
GHOST BLOWJOB WHOO
>>
>>51506078
>>51508989
>>51515821
>>51520347
Internet neonazis with backing from their pet toad-headed eldritch abomination? I'm pretty sure Hellboy fought these at one point.
>>
>>51499975
>They killed my uncle that day and then got bored and left
>But he totally showed them man

What
>>
>>51509984
As someone who's been called an SJW several times, I wouldn't want to touch Beast with a ten-foot pole.
>>
>>51520921
More like they didn't want to stick around and get arrested for murder.
>>
>>51519938
>Street Fighter

The best thing to come out of the system, for sure (aside from maybe all the goth pussy it gets one). It actually has really cool combat mechanics, along with some goofy as shit stuff for laughs.

Also being compatible with other WoD stuff means you can have Zangief piledrive vampires.
>>
>>51520982
This sounds amazing, whats bad about it?
>>
This thread is a reminder that any attempts to be "hip" and "with it" with modern culture will only make look as much of a sad, pathetic old man as C. Montgomery Burns.
>>
File: 1268958323113.jpg (83KB, 500x380px) Image search: [Google]
1268958323113.jpg
83KB, 500x380px
The point of WoD has always seemed to be playing a morally grey or emotionally troubled anti-hero (or just an outright villain if thats up your alley)

All this new shit is just pure meanness and immaturity. It lacks the traditional self awareness of the other WoD products that explicitly point out "rationalize it however you want to, but you are a fucking monster and an unholy abomination against god and creation - and even trying to be a 'good' person won't change that"

Instead, it's drunk far too much of it's own poisoned kool-aid. Now the 'normies' are the bad guys. It started with God Machine, where the state of the world and existence itself was bad, and it's continued to devolve from there.

I'm, so glad Hunter still lets you be Paladin: The Deus Vultening, even if it tries very very very hard to portray the hunters as bad no-goodskies for killing all those innocent totally misunderstood monsters these days.
>>
>>51499051

Sounds legit to me.
>>
>>51499975
I always wonder why all these pacifist builds always revolve around forcing other characters to adhere to their beliefs, when real life pacifism is more the concept of getting the rest of the world to condemn aggressive acts against a party that won't return the favor.

Wouldn't it be more thematic and less annoying to have it manifest itself as the pacifist character getting support from third parties and the aggressor suffering social stigma rather than magically making a hardened criminal willing to resort to such acts in the first place suddenly see the error of his ways? I mean, it'd take a really weird version of historical events to say Ghandhi made Britain so ashamed of themselves they gave India independence. Or, you know, that the Chinese government stopped their policies in Tibet because the Dalai Lama wouldn't fight them.

The strength often romanticized with pacifism doesn't come from the fact that people don't dare attack you. It comes from suffering through an attack and still ignoring the natural reaction to attack back.
>>
File: The_Five_Wisdom_Kings[1].jpg (758KB, 803x931px) Image search: [Google]
The_Five_Wisdom_Kings[1].jpg
758KB, 803x931px
>>51521062
They could have taken a tip from the more esoteric forms of Buddhism, which have spiritual entities known as 'wisdom kings', the 'wrathful' representations of Buddhavistas who have achieved Nirvana that 'slay' metaphorical spiritual and emotional evils. And also actual evils.

Basically they're violent so you don't have to be, and they do things like 'Kill Death'.
>>
>>51520786
>A few of the Abyssal Charms revolved around you manifesting ghosts who "ravish" you as you give a speech.
Not you, your victims. That whole set of powers was about being a succubus and exploiting and binding people in abusive, toxic, one-sided relationships to suck the life and will out of them, until they become husks incapable of feeling and r equiring carnal intimacy to survive. Not worse than regular Solar seduction powers, really.
>>
File: smug.png (318KB, 498x332px) Image search: [Google]
smug.png
318KB, 498x332px
>>51521062
>the aggressor suffering social stigma

Isn't that the point of YOU ARE BEING RECORDED?
>>
>>51508989
Except the hieroglyphs aren't the one for Kek but Heqet a frog fertility goddess
>>
File: 1485813431849.jpg (74KB, 526x567px) Image search: [Google]
1485813431849.jpg
74KB, 526x567px
>>51521242
AM I BEING RECORDED?
>>
>>51521144
>Not you, your victims. That whole set of powers was about being a succubus and exploiting and binding people in abusive, toxic, one-sided relationships to suck the life and will out of them, until they become husks incapable of feeling and r equiring carnal intimacy to survive. Not worse than regular Solar seduction powers, really.

>Edgy villain splat
>Has edgy villain splat powers

I can see why the SJWs would RRRRRREEEEEEE at that, given they're fucking retarded, but why are people on here acting like referencing "rape ghosts" is anything other than a handy demonstration that your opinion is trash?
>>
>>51521261
THE POWER OF LIVELEAK COMPELS YOU!
>>
>>51521280
People hate Exalted's devs and use every shitstorm and excuse to bash on them. Not that they handled the situation with any tact, either.
>>
>>51521257
Kek and Heqet were the same figure, Kek was dual sexed and in his female form was known as Heqet
>>
>>51521312
Wait do you mean /pol/ worship a tranny?
>>
>>51521360
"Kek (also Keku, Kekui) is the deification of the concept of primordial darkness (kkw smꜣw, keku-semau[1]) in the Ancient Egyptian Ogdoad cosmogony. As a concept, Kek was viewed as androgynous, his female form being known as Keket (also Kekuit).[2] Kek and Keket in some aspects also represent night and day, and were called "raiser up of the light" and the "raiser up of the night", respectively.[3] The name is written as kk or kkwy (kkt, kkwyt) with a variant of the sky hieroglyph in ligature with the staff (N2) associated with the word for "darkness" kkw.[4]

In the oldest representations, Kekui is given the head of a serpent, and Kekuit the head of either a frog or a cat. In one scene, they are identified with Ka and Kait; in this scene, Ka-Kekui has the head of a frog surmounted by a beetle and Kait-Kekuit has the head of a serpent surmounted by a disk.[5] In the Greco-Roman period, Kek's male form was depicted as a frog-headed man, and the female form as a serpent-headed woman, as were all four dualistic concepts in the Ogdoad."
>>
>>51521360
Dualistic deities have nothing much to do with modern gender politicking despite the occasional insistence on it being the case, or worse the appropriation of such concepts in support of an agenda
>>
>>51520994
Although fun and unique, the combat is still imbalanced as fuck, you are carbon copies of the SF characters depending on style (i.e. if you do karate, you have access to Ryu/Ken's moves, if you do Army style, you get access to both Guile's and Cammy's, and yes, Capoeristas get to be electric and bite people) being forced into the WoD tri-stat system means that shit like having money, having an arena, having connections is prized as much as being able to punch good, which is again, really stupid when you consider what somebody playing a Street Fighter RPG wants to do. You also need to measure "honor" pseudo resource which is scrubtastic as shit (you lose honor for repeatedly throwing, sweeping, or taunting, for example) and reputation, taking the place of willpower/humanity.

And the expansion book lets you be a cyborg or a half-animal hybrid (I mean, I'm cool with that), and the whole tone feels like it's trying to encourage you into being a pariah to match up with the other WoD characters who are hated/hunted.

And of course, buckets o' d10.

Still, it was quite popular for a while, especially in south america, or so I have heard. There was a BR site that had homebrew material fixing most issues, as well as KoF conversions for example (the address had been lost to time, sorry), which was pretty good.

It had an indie successor game, Thrash, and there's also Fight!, trying to capture a similar feel.
>>
>>51521401
relax, I didn't say it was. Old Myths were just weird.
>>
>>51521469
I ran into something like what I described there not too long ago so I might've jumped the gun a bit in this case
Maybe it's the work of """Null Snyper"""
>>
>>51521242
No, because that suddenly takes the decision out of the hands of the character. He physically cannot cause harm if he fails. My point is that it should rather make bystanders more inclined to intervene on his behalf, or make the aggressor suffer social penalties if he goes through with the attack anyway.

I mean, when was the last time you saw a police brutality video on youtube where the cops stop because a bystander pulls up a cell phone? The ramifications generally come after the fact.
>>
>>51520786
>A few of the Abyssal Charms revolved around you manifesting ghosts who "ravish" you as you give a speech.
But I don't like radishes.
>>
>>51521117
Buddhism gets really fun with the esoteric stuff. Like, some of them even believe in heavens and such where souls who just narrowly missed Nirvana can hang out indefinitely until they're willing to try enlightenment again.
>>
>>51505318
Yay! CofD Virtual Adepts!
>>
>>51521360
>>51521312
>>51521257
The way Egyptian deities worked is that each god had a goddess counterpart. There was no hermaphrodite form generally, but each deity was dualistic. Sometimes they were treated separately, other times it was just acknowledged that they had a female aspect. It's a pretty minor note unless you're actually trying to worship them or something.
>>
>>51521144
I don't like the idea of a setting where people can just automagically rape me without me getting a save even if I'm another Exalted. Not giving into ghost wiener is the only advantage there, you're still getting that spectral schlong up your butt.
>>
>>51521759
You do now that it was just a preview without actual numbers behind it? It most probably allows some kind of resistance and Solars have things to protect themselves from things like ghosts or seduction anyway.
>>
>>51521747
Also yes, this meant goddesses had a male aspect too.
>>
>>51521144
That sounds like it'd fit Infernals better than Abyssals. It's not all that goth or death focused.
>>
>>51521759
I mean, just having a dedicated rape power is pretty weird. Like, you'd think they have some more pressing issues to worry about, and being able to summon rapeghosts would be just the side effect of being able to control murderghosts.
>>
>>51521786
It was tied to Lover Clad in Rainments of Tears who is a Deathlord with nihilistic philosophy saying that all pleasure is ultimately meaningless. She uses her seduction to show people ultimate ectasy that burns them out and transforms them into lifeless wights. That is in theme, I would say.

>>51521794
That was just one Charm tree. Murderghosts are probably present in actual combat abilities.
>>
>>51521759

I thought they'd be sending slutty female ghosts at you, like the Sorceress in Dragon's Crown.
>>
>>51521964
It's Exalted. It's likely to include everything, even animals.
>>
>>51520710
You've never dealt with gypsies.
>>
>>51506077

And that's what happened to VtM, only it took 10 years and was good for a while. oWoD had a lot of heavy-handed juvenile political axe-grinding, too, but could be forgiven because it was good.
>>
>>51522179
This. So much this, it's not even funny.
>>
>>51521794
The Deathlord of rape has rape charms.

Wooooh. What a fucking story. Next you'll complain that the harvest spirits have harvest charms, or the disease spirits have disease charms.

The only real issue you have with it is that it's rape. If it was harvesting, or disease, or fly, or anything else, there would be no problems. But the rape deathlord can't have rape charms.
>>
>>51522274
Not him, but when you put in rape charms, you expose players to the risk of getting raped. Not something that most tables are happy about.
>>
>>51509704
>>51509893

I'd say that Eclipse Phase is more SJW, by a hair.

What puts this off the edge is that it's the trifecta of shit: it's a shit supplement, hurts rather than support the setting, and probably net result is to harm rather than help its cause.

This isn't a case of SJWs cannibalizing one another. It's a case of them being so horrified at how bad this is that I'm sure they're wondering whether this was written by a troll to discredit them.

In an age of incivility, polarization, and witch-hunt political tactics, the sheer crappiness of this should bring us all together.
>>
>>51522287
The thing about Eclipse Phase being SJW is that they're better at writing it into the setting, they're better at hiding its most odious bits, they introduce factions that disagree with it and live differently, and they never force you to live by their politics as a character or accept them as truth as a player.
>>
>>51522274
The deathlord of rape could have charms that facilitate rape but aren't straighout ghost rape. A paralyzing/mind controlling/whatever charm that forces the target to submit, possibly some sort of trauma/Stockholm mindcontrol charms would work with the theme (and I'm going to assume there's also those), and can be used more widely.

Rapeghosts only exist to rape. It's banal.
>>
>>51522307
For example, for all of its SJW factions, Eclipse Phase does have functional hypercorps that dominate almost every facet of society on Mars and it has the Jovian Junta, which is a functional religious bioconservative nation with a large amount of territory and a significant amount of power in a transhumanist setting.

It might pander to the Titanians, the anarchists and all of those other groups and sometimes it's snide about the hypercorps and the Jovians but they're at least fair enough to say that yeah, these other societies are just as viable even if we don't like them as much.
>>
>>51519938

Shit as Street Fighter was, it wasn't THIS bad. Also it was a standalone supplement that didn't fuck up the rest of the oWoD continuity.
>>
>>51520710

The sad part is that these stormcuck shitstain racists only manage to be as bad as that shitty splatbook.

If you want toxic racist stereotypes, try Werewolf the Apocalypse' core rulebook.
>>
>>51504140
Probably Something Awfull
>>
>>51522307

Totally agree. Eclipse Phase is a shit game for shit people, but at least the politics meshes well with the setting. You can appreciate the execution of the /pol/tardery, even if other parts of setting and system are crap.
>>
>>51522622

OK, Onyx Path, show us on the doll where CompuServe touched you.
>>
>>51499101
Post the dick eggs guy
>>
>>51499051
man I am so glad that I will never use Beast
>>
>>51499456
They should focus less on the total non-violence aspect and more on minimum possible harm so the class'd get lots of bonus to less lethal ways of taking people down like tasers, stun guns, tear gas grenades, grappling skills, stuff like that. Also negotiation abilities, because that's the least violent way of resolving a situation.

But if you kill someone you lose all your abilities.
>>
>>51505290
>he lets other dudes fuck his wife? Fuck this mission I'm going awol
>>
>>51507108
>Alvin pays particular attention to ambitious politicians whose views are strongly opposed to his own, but who are careless about accepting campaign donations.
If you're really so careless about who you accept money from for your political campaign you deserve to fail, whoever wrote this is a fucking moron. How's about you don't take money from incredibly rich guys who obviously want to buy influence? I guess they must've been a hillary supporter who thought that sort of thing was okay in some circumstances somehow.

Other then that though this character seems pretty good really, I like the idea of someone who builds up corrupt politicians just so they can crush them, it's a deeply satisfying concept given the current context.
>>
>>51523847
It's a good character, but I don't think anyone would agree that he is a good person. It's somewhat more fucked up that he doesn't even do it out of hate for their political views, he just does it because it pleases him.
>>
>>51523721
>Batman
>>
>>51507676
Were you actually involved in writing this? Who else would defend this crap, the whole idea is just ridiculous even before you get into the hamfisted political messages.

>yeah so they do these really awful things
>but it's to teach people lessons trust me!

Isn't that what the bad guy from saw was doing?
>>
>>51509907
Thing is stalin and jesus were important, muh cyber wars aren't. Did that guy just troll me because they were bored or did they troll me so they could feed on my soul? WHO FUCKING CARES?
>>
>>51519345
>laws against horrific monsters who abuse people because of a sick compulsion they have
Oh no, how terrible, stop.
>>
So what the fuck is the difference between heroes and hunters? Also, anyone else feel like this could have been cool in basically any other execution? Like I've seen some alternative versions suggested that sound a hell of a lot more compelling than Serial Abuser: The Victimblamening
>>
>>51519620
So this guy isn't just fucking over his victims who he's teaching a "lesson", he's fucking over the entire state. What "lesson" are the citizenry getting exactly: don't live in that state? What if they can't afford to move? Jesus christ these people are idiots.
>>
>>51524042
>implying /b/tards have souls
Post-2007 newfag spotted, please report to the nearest an hero chamber. It'll be fine, I guarantee it!
>>
>>51519620
>and literal bounties on the head of anyone who fails to meekly show up in court on the appointed day
Wait isn't that how bounties are supposed to work? Don't they send bounty hunters after people who skip bail or am I thinking of something else?
>>
>>51524088
Like I've seen people talk about how the whole Beast/Hero thing would be a fantastic way to basically get an nWoD version of Hunter, the Reckoning, with heroes as hunters. Just instead of a mission from god, it's them being forced into the role by a narrative void created by the human collective subconscious.

Alternatively, Beasts as a kind of spiritual vaccination type deal, and heroes as humanity's immune system. Beasts terrorize in order to create heroes powerful enough to stop them, who in turn can protect humanity against other predatory supernaturals
>>
>>51520000
>scat fetish
>halfass
>>
>>51522282
Then don't include the character in your games?
If you play gurps and your players don't enjoy sci-fi, maybe you should use fantasy and not biotech. It doesn't mean that the latter shouldn't exist.
>>
>>51502628
>Oh no! Someone is being harassed on the internet and cannot turn off their computer!

So incase you dont know, a doxx means the internet harassment has leaked into the real world with a users real life info, including addresses and other personal information. Subjectively speaking thats more than enough reason to start a witch hunt
>>
>>51522893
Seconding. I wonder which narrative purpose/fear the dickeegs serve.

>>51522556
>toxic racist stereotypes
That's a bit redundant
>>
>>51507630
The problem is that then you could have just played Vampire. This game just doesn't need to exist. The effort could have gone to supplements for existing games.
>>
>>51520744
The fault with your reasoning is that: Exalted 3E is a good product that's been largely well received by the majority of Exalted fans. It's undeniably the best edition so far (low bar, lol) but more than that it genuinely has good mechanics with its combat and social stuff.

It is head and shoulders above anything David Hill or McFarland shat out in this thread.
>>
>>51522362
The charms didn't really work like that, for one thing. It's just had the problem of an extended Chinese Whispers effect in whatever Echo Chamber it gets discussed in.

For the most part it just lets you drain people's stats, send ghostly images of yourself to seduce others, and make it so your lovers literally need you around to continue to live.

It's kind of super telling that nobody really has any idea what the charms do, and just parrot out a tired meme from a kickstarter preview that's now roughly 3-4 years old.
>>
>>51522282
Well, the Exalted 3E corebook has this:

>In almost all aspects, Exalted doesn’t mechanically distin- guish between Storyteller characters and those the players control. Here’s the exception:
>A player-controlled character can only be seduced or oth- erwise put in a sexual situation if the player is okay with it. Otherwise, any such attempt fails automatically.
>This is completely up to the player’s discretion, and they can waive this rule’s protection if they want their character to be seduced, if they think it would improve the story, or for what- ever other reason. This is entirely up to the player, and on an attempt-by-attempt basis—waiving the rule once doesn’t void your ability to call on it later against the same charac- ter, or even in the same scene. If no one in your group ever invokes this rule, that’s also fine—but players don’t have to watch their character put into a sexual situation they’re not comfortable with.
>Groups that feel comfortable in doing so should allow player characters the full range of their seductive prowess when entangled with Storyteller-controlled characters... although remember that the Storyteller is also a player and their boundaries should be respected.
>>
>>51520098
What's wrong with this exactly? It's not depicting a guy who abducts children or corrupts a state's entire political system in order to "teach a lesson" as somehow sympathetic, just some monster wang/vag, nothing wrong with that. What are you a prude?
>>
>>51524259
Hunter doesn't exist in nWOD as it is? I thought it got brought over with vampire
>>
>>51520921
When your enemies kill you, you win.
>>
>>51520922
>As someone who's been called an SJW several times
That's not really saying much though, just look at how many people get called nazis compared to how many people actually are nazis.
>>
>>51524512
It does, but nWoD hunters are largely just ordinary people who said "fuck that" to being menaced by supernaturals and took up arms to kill them, as opposed to the Exalt-lites of oWoD.
Heroes seem a lot more like the latter, basically having the masqurade ripped away (albeit only for a certain subset of monsters) and simultaneously gifted with supernatural abilities and cursed with the responsibility/need to deal with the monsters it seems only they can see. At least when they're not being presented as hate powered brainwashed caricatures of Gaston that are somehow still to blame for being mindraped out of their protagonist, personal agency, and sanity cuz beasts dindu nuthin
>>
>>51524088
Heroes are so fully consumed by the need to kill a beast that nothing else matters, including the safety of humans.

Also mechanically a hero has the regenerative ability of a werewolf
>>
>>51524651
>Also mechanically a hero has the regenerative ability of a werewolf
Holy shit, how powerful are these fuckers?
>>
File: sacredverse.jpg (120KB, 729x720px) Image search: [Google]
sacredverse.jpg
120KB, 729x720px
>>51505263
>meme magic is now canon
>through kek anything is possible
>>
>>51522274
But do you have to have a deathlord of rape in the first place? It just sounds like a one way ticket to really awkward situations.
>>
>>51524651
Eh. Really just seems like they should've been some special subset of hunters or something. Because I don't really see a huge difference between a hero and a reckless hunter, save for the fact that by and large the former had no choice in the matter and also get shittier powers

>>51524679
Actually, generally laughably weak. The abilities heroes get are mostly pathetic compared to the atavisms beasts can get at chargen, and they have to work a lot harder for them. A beast can basically start off with enough armor to shrug off small caliber rounds and the strength to hurl fucking houses, while a hero basically has to kill beasts to get anything at all other than severe mental illness. They're generally absolutely no threat to beasts, which is one of their biggest (mechanical) problems. Playing a beast is kind of like playing a Solar if the Wyld hunt were just mortals with a reasonable chunk of soak, and maybe a charm every once in a while
>>
>>51524501
>can't even roleplay raping other players in an rpg anymore
God damn you pc police!
>>
>>51524730
Aren't Heroes generally portrayed as running hit-and-run tactics and traps as opposed to 1v1 Final Destination? Seems it makes sense that they're weaker, until they kill their first Beast and start getting magic powers.

Basically, Heroes should have been the splat.
>>
>>51524724
She's more like the Slaanesh of Deathlords.
>>
>>51524852
Hero: the Journey as a game about exploring the Monomyth in a modern context would be pretty cool. It would breakdance on Hunter's toes but it would be miles better than Beast.
>>
>>51524806
Don't worry, people who need to be outraged will do their level best to pretend it doesn't exist.
>>
I will say that, as an Exalted fan, Beast is an immense source of schadenfreude. There's something a little delicious about getting a game that's made my groups happy after years of people telling me it's going to be vaporware and/or wall-to-wall rape. Meanwhile, Beast, which was written by the people that gave us Demon of all things, gave us this shit. In spite of using the sacred marketing tool that is Open Dev. In spite of the general "likability" idiots kept on ascribing the WoD side of OPP. In spite of promising they'd fix Beast in light of the feedback, as of open dev is anything other than a promotional tool.

I am extremely happy with Beast, it's the best game that I will never play!
>>
>>51524976
A full fledged Plain splatbook would be miles better than Beast
>>
I really wanna do a fansplat now.
>Trolls: The Memetics
>Plain: The Survivors
>Hero: The Mythic
or whatever.
>>
>>51525083
On the one hand, it's nice to have an edition of Exalted that isn't total garbage for once.

On the other hand, Beast has a book that isn't its core out, which is more than Ex3 is able to say despite being in development for much longer. And frankly, pretty big chunks of Ex3 are still fucking awful anyway.
>>
>>51525083
There was Open Development with Beast?

I don't remember any Beast open dev prior to the kickstarter, which had completed text.

Really really awful completed text, but complete enough that the "rewrite" had to be incredibly half-assed not to have to scrap the whole thing and start over (which is insane, mid-kickstarter).
>>
>>51524115
Presumably the lesson is "don't let greed overcome your ideals". You know, the whole Charles Foster Kane lesson. Except in this case it fucks over a bunch of innocents for no fucking reason, making it more of a Faustian deal with the devil. Which is a classic for a reason, but would make the Beast a clear designated villain on par with fucking Satan, which as I understand isn't really intended.

Also, how exactly does accepting campaign contributions lead to this sort of influence? As far as I know, Super PACs can be almost completely anonymous and are a way around a specific person donating money to a political campaign. They can do this without the consent of the person who made the Super PAC (because the entire point is he's not supposed to have influence over it to get around the whole "no donating to political campaigns" bit) and the person it supports, because money is free speech and you can use it to support whatever you want. And the whole bit about carelessness implies the person doesn't know where the money comes from, they just take it no questions asked. So if there are no strings attached and the politician doesn't even know where the money comes from until after the fact, what sort of influence could this dude possibly have? I get that the idea is that you're in too deep to back out (even if the extremes here are retarded, but I guess that can be explained with Beast magic), but what's to stop a dude from going "Nah brah, fuck off" when this Beast shows up after the election? This isn't tobacco or guns, where there's an unspoken condition attached to taking lobbyist money, or support is withheld until after policy changes. Some dude just gives you money that it would be illegal for him to have anything to do with, and then decides you're in his pocket now when you've already spent it and don't really need any more.
>>
>>51526031
Its the recurring elections. Basically you donate the majority of the SuperPAC or are the one influencing the other donors. so therefore you are the super PAC. It works on the small scale. After the election you come out and prove that you are the power behind the money. Proving it is a little trickier but you can do it. and if they want the superPAC to continue to support the him in later elections, it'd be wise to accept a few requests.

Something like this needs a few cycles to really get it down. Ask too much upfront, and they'll go Jesus Christ you are the devil. but go softly enough and you can string the money in front of him every time. It's very costly but it works. Also throw in Magic.

It's a long and expensive con that requires a few elections cycles. That part is fine and depends on how slowly the ST sells it. But yeah this fucks over sooooo many people indirectly. It's implied that the beast is an equal opportunity jerkoff, so political spectrum is secondary to making the guy fuck and kill a few hookers and holding that as blackmail over him
>>
>>51525558
>Trolls: The Memetic
Name could be better but that does give me a couple of ideas, like trolls having powers that they can invoke known as Fallacies - and these could be based on actual logical fallacies.

>Gambler's Fallacy
Whenever you roll three or more of any one number, this fallacy can be invoked to reroll those die. If any of those die roll the same number again, that counts as a success.
>No True Scotsman
This can only be used on a target that has a feature in common with the invoker, such as a profession or nationality. Until the end of the fallacy's duration, no one is able to associate that feature with the target - they will not see the target as someone of that profession or nationality.
>Burden of Proof
The invoker brings an inanimate object into being in an unobserved space, or removes the inanimate object from that unobserved space. An unobserved space is one where the object's presence cannot be detect by any sense (sight, sound, touch, taste, smell) or by any device (microphones, cameras, etc). The difficulty of the roll is determined by the complexity of the inanimate object and the distance of the unobserved space from the invoker.

Etcetera. There's plenty of logical fallacies which could be converted into fun abilities.
>>
>>51525651
Better than Beast is a low bar, but there's a lot that's genuinely good and innovative too. Any issues with 3E stemmed from not making an even more radical break with earlier editions.

>>51525957
That's considered "open dev" to people. It was definitely sold as such, and people were complaining that Exalted's Kickstarter was so different from the other OPP projects. They genuinely thought Beast would be rewritten.

Wackily enough, Exalted was scrapped and redone during its KS. Maybe Beast should've done it too!
>>
When was the last update on Deviant's progress? It's neat and all but I kind of want to get it out of the way to we can get to a more interesting splat.
>>
>>51526427
I like these.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_fallacies
https://web.cn.edu/kwheeler/fallacies_list.html

>Straw man fallacy
By purposely recreating the opponent's argument into an impossible defense. You momentary lower the opponent's defence by your Presence Stat for Composure rounds.
Dice Pool Prence + Subterfuse
verse
Revolve + Stam
>>
>>51526427
>>51526601
>Tone Policing
This can only be invoked when the target is expressing negative emotion at the invoker, whether it is anger, fear, sorrow or something else. If successfully invoked, any rolls made in contested action against the invoker only succeed on a 9 or 10.
>Appeal to Authority
The invoker needs to specify a character that they know through a social merit they possess (Ally, Contact, Retainer, Staff, etc) and they need to choose a mental skill that the character represents (a contact in the police might represent Investigation, for example). If successfully invoked, the invoker gains a number of bonus dice when rolling that skill for the rest of the scene, equal to the number of the dots in that merit.
>Bandwagon
This grants the invoker a number of bonus dice for a single roll. The number of bonus dice is equal to the number of people that have rolled the same Attribute-Skill combination this round. Like Gambler's Fallacy, this probably doesn't need to be rolled for and just needs a Willpower expended or something.

Damn, you could do quite a few of these.
>>
>>51527136
>Historian's fallacy
After a significant event has happened in the scene. the user may apply the number of suc of a former roll before the event to his next roll. This Fallacy can also be used on another target but is constested by the target's Int
>>
>>51526537
>Any issues with 3E stemmed from not making an even more radical break with earlier editions.
I'm still sore they insisted on building it around Storyteller.

So many missed opportunities to build the system around Exalted's genre as opposed to the urban punk/horror roots of Storyteller.
>>
>>51528280
Huh, you're right that it's super important that a systems rules fit with what the genre is trying to accomplish. I've praised CoC up and down for that but never taken the reverse for Exalted. What sort of mechanics should the setting use instead? Stunts are cool, especially in how they encourage not punishing players for coming up with descriptive moves by not making the cool dropkick move and the mechanically superior "I swing my sword at him" mutually exclusive.
>>
>>51526537
>Any issues with 3E stemmed from not making an even more radical break with earlier editions.
Ahem. Craft.
>>
>>51528389
I mostly noticed it after reading Legends of the Wulin and noticing every single mechanic is built around enabling the wuxia genre, then checking back in with Exalted and realizing how little of it actually reinforces the intended genre and themes. 3e's combat system is a step in the right direction, but there's still a lot that could be improved.
>>
>>51526427
Demon fans, take notice.
>>
>>51528776
I've never looked at Wulin before. Would you be able to play the system in Exalted's setting?
>>
>>51528830
Yes, although it's a hell of a lot of work, because the setting is tied into the mechanics. I've been working on converting Exalted to run in LotW off and on since before 3e came out.

Admittedly, much more off than on. If I put serious work into it I could probably finish it in a week or two. A lot of my issue has been finding people to playtest.
>>
Does Hurt Locker also have good parts? Something to detract from the awfulness of the doxxing rules and magic Amish bloggers and Tokyo?
>>
>>51499051
>Spends all her time relaxing half naked and trolling SJWs on the internet
>Has Allies (Internet Trolls) 5
Best Waifu. 10/10. Would hunt down the Dark Mother with and make a shag carpet from her muff hair to fuck on.
>>
>>51506599
You forget one vitally important thing anon.
As far as SJWs are concerned, if you die on the internet, you die in real life!
Half Life! Full Consequences!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AjUWmRPpJyY
Also, I suppose /pol/ managed to swing a president, so Allies (Internet Trolls) 5 might be more valid than we think.
>>
>>51499051
White Wolf was never good at things like tact, or rules, or being topical. Onyx Path is run by the dregs of the remaining White Wolf fanboys, picking at the long dead corpse of a company some rich Swede is currently fucking.

At least it isn't dog rape or loli sex goddesses.
>>
>>51507630
To be honest I'd say its the opposite problem.

The problem is they try to justify it at all. The best way to deal with it would have been to go 'You are a bad person, your very existence hurts others, if you were a truly upstanding person you'd drive down the beach late one night, strip off and walk into the water until it carries you away...but you don't, because you didn't ask for this and you deserve a life just as much as anyone, in your opinion'
And behold, you have a dynamic conflict, trying to justify any action you take that isn't sucking the end of a sawn off and letting it blow its load in your mouth without admitting the real reason is 'Because I care less about other people than myself, because I'm a selfish cunt like that'
Heroes could have actually been mildly justified in their actions and the dynamic could have been fascinating, with heroes recognizing that beasts are in fact tragic...but that they cannot turn from their duties to humanity, truly tragic villains.
But nope, ancient conspiracy of vagueness, bullshit excuses and a-okay rape.
>>
>>51529013
/pol/ didn't do shit, they just wished real hard and took the credit of others.

>>51525083
Your game sucks too, faggot. Exalted fluff is nowhere near safe from the utter reprehensible stupidity of Beast, either.
>>
>>51529166
>Lillun
>fully half the Infernals book, for that matter
>Pretty much everything involving the Labyrinth or the Deathlords
In Exalted's defense, though, at least there it's used as a big flashing neon sign going THESE ARE THE BAD GUYS, YOU SHOULD WANT TO FUCK THEM UP
>>
>>51499051
Wow, I didn't know I could still get this angry over this topic. I am, in fact, fairly incandescent that there is a game publisher that was actually taken in by Gawker's bullshit campaign.
>>
>>51526427
>Loaded Question
Contested Action. If successful, for the rest of the scene whenever the target takes part in a contested action, the number of dice it rolls is reduced by the number of successes he was beaten by.
>>
>>51499051
It's just as retarded as gamergate itself.

But WoD has always been a lefty game, why are you getting worked up about it now?
>>
When did NWoD becomes so bad?
>>
>>51524852
Heroes are generally portrayed as getting killed because McFarland wasn't stopped from putting his revenge fantasies in this game.
>>
>>51529300
The problem isn't the politics, it's that it's badly written, badly balanced, and an incredibly bad antagonist for an rpg.
>>
>>51529166
None of the writers involved with Infernals are on 3E, cry more about your shit game while getting butthurt that a lot of people actually like 3E no matter how much you bloviate about it.
>>
>>51528440
The only thing that isn't an undeniable improvement from earlier editions
>>
>>51529300
>Giving a shit when someone is openly pounding you in the ass and then punching you in the kidneys for getting shit on their dick when they do is retarded
Hurrdeedurrdeedoo.
>>
>>51529186
Now imagine a game line where the Deathlords are the good guys because they lack privilege
>>
>>51524423
>It's undeniably the best edition so far
Nah. I don't like the changes to charms, the new Exalt types, or what they want to do to Infernals.
>>
>>51529166
That will never be true as long as they avoid obvious howlers like "the egg penis monster"

Beast shit the bed and Exalted was well received. This is extremely funny, and good.
>>
>>51529539
Okay, it *is* deniable, but only by idiots.
>>
>>51529402
>badly written, badly balanced, and an incredibly bad antagonist for an rpg
That sounds par for course for WoD.

>>51529493
Your shitty game system for goths and theater wannabes got a bad splat. I fail to see it's different from all of the other bad splats WoD has had.
>>
>>51529697
Oh, I don't give a fuck about WoD, the last WoD related thing I liked was Leviathan the Tempest.
I was talkin' 'bout Gamergate and the bullshit in game journalism.
>>
File: 1476938855984.png (1MB, 669x769px) Image search: [Google]
1476938855984.png
1MB, 669x769px
>>51529592
>My opinions are absolute facts.
>>
>>51529592
There's only one new exalt type that's worth it and that's exigents. I'm sorry but if you deny this the idiot is you.
>>
>>51529774
I'm curious what they're doing with the two types of water exalt. Not because I think they'll be good, but because I'm curious how they're going to try and distinguish them from each other or water aspect dragonbloods and lunars with aquatic forms.
>>
>>51524335
Doxxing does nothing like 90% of the time.
>>
>>51529385
Isn't the entire thing a revenge fantasy, though? Just for the sort of assholes who want to be able to effortlessly overpower their enemies while also claiming to be oppressed by them
>>
>>51526031
>what's to stop a dude from going "Nah brah, fuck off" when this Beast shows up after the election

CAN you actually do that for real though?
>>
White Wolf was always this fucking terrible and 'muh "relevant" politics'. You simply grew out of it.
>>
>>51530077
Yes. If the Beast persists, it would be an Opposed roll.
And any ST who knows how to run games would have the Beast come back later with a different offer that is much more ameniable to the politician.
>>
>>51530116
More like they grew into it, you know like before when disney made a non-white princess nobody cared, now it's because they want to push their diversity agenda. Same here, before they didn't really care about that, now people get triggered by everything that disagree with their political view.
>>
>>51530351
>when disney made a non-white princess nobody cared, now it's because they want to push their diversity agenda.
Nah, it was always on the agenda to end where we are. (((They))) just got sloppy.
>>
>>51530351
Nobody was pissed about Jasmin or Mulan or Pocahontas or Moana. People only disliked the black one really.
>>
>>51530538
It turned out to be a good movie, despite the marketing ploy of 'first non-white princess!' which was blatantly false from the start.
>>
>>51522845
What is crap about Eclipse Phase? I don't know much about it and what little i heard was okay so i am a bit confused
>>
File: Dark soul bro.png (159KB, 289x289px) Image search: [Google]
Dark soul bro.png
159KB, 289x289px
>>51526427
>No true scotsman.

For some reason I can't stop fucking laughing at that.
Thank you very much.
>>
>>51529382
Bump
>>
>>51529956
And 10% of the time you get shit like swat teams being called on streamers.
>>
>>51531764
Swatting was an overblown, mostly manufactured fad. Moreover, swatting was being done by assholes to their friends and bosses etc before used it on the internet, so calling it an internet troll problem is a misnomer.
>>
>>51531764
It's super-duper rare for SWATting to have any major consequences on the one being SWATted.
>>
File: 1485527963038.jpg (53KB, 421x421px) Image search: [Google]
1485527963038.jpg
53KB, 421x421px
>>51499051
>adolescent man-children
Are adolescents not children?
>>
>300 replies

Jesus tucking christ.

But I shouldn't be surprised, considering the board.
>>
>>51534977
>But I shouldn't be surprised, considering the board.
Well yes, this is a traditional games thread, on the traditional games board.
>>
>>51526601
>>51527136
Joining the bandwagon
>appeal to stone
when a character in line of sight makes an action the character can say "its not what that character would do" and if he wins the roll, the character must do something diffrent
dice would be presence + something
Vs
resolve + something
>argument to moderation
during an opposed roll both sides roll the average amount of dice
>>
File: nuggets.gif (934KB, 250x167px) Image search: [Google]
nuggets.gif
934KB, 250x167px
Beast has always been shit, but this seems especially awful.
>>
>>51535850
That's where chicken nugger belong desu.
>>
>>51523495
I dunno I think it'd be fun having one as a random antagonist in say a fucking mage game or something
>mages get curious over beasts and start following one
>find out they're horrible psychopaths
>purge their lairs and slaughter every fucking beast in a 10 mile radius for daring to fuck with the sleepers
>>
>>51534977
Well, yeah, it's an on-topic thread showcasing some egregiously bad writing on a board that's relatively slow.
>>
>>51536045
>newly Awakened Fate/Matter mage poking around
>finds a Hero who actually manages to take a Beast head on
>realizes his purpose in life
>monsters everywhere now have to deal with a Mage making weapons of destiny for Heroes and hunters alike
>>
>>51536538
>a Hero getting his own mage advisor/blacksmith

The beast population would be decimated in a decade. I approve of this idea.
>>
What the fug am I reading? I had heard a few things here and there, but I had no idea OPP was this terrible.

Why is this generation ruining my generation's stuff. Should just make their own game if they're going to shit it up with cringe like this.
>>
>>51536538
Hero are great. They are basically paladins in WoD. They are even less grey than the Hunters, who do pretty bad shit to keep up.

They only have their wits and some small powers to combat the all devouring darkness. They feel the call and put their live on the line to kill monsters. Most die. Most die horribly. But still, some survive to fight tomorrow. Not become they want to, but because they must.

No other protagonists are so bashfully white in a world of grey and black.
>>
This is like letting someone borrow my eyeballs so they can make scat porn. Why can't I just stop reading?

But the truth is, I can't stop watching this trainwreck.
>>
>>51520355
The Wyrm's job is to stop being the Wyrm, and go back to being Death. Like it was meant to be.

As long as it won't quit its shit, every living and unliving thing has to fight it.
>>
>>51537426
Of course it's the Weaver's fault for trapping it. But in my view the werewolf idea of kicking her ass into oblivion for wanting some stability, order, and progress is too far. A compromise should be reached.
>>
>>51537099
The thing is OPP really wasn't this bad up until they released Beast. Demon: the Descent is an incredible game that they released right before this one, the 2E updates for all of their game lines have been strict upgrades from their predecessors, and they were communicating with the community to the level that Dave Brookshaw was actually regularly posting in the general here on /tg/.

Then they released Beast and the whole tone changed. I'd like to lay it all at the feet of Matthew McFarland but then we run into the problem that no one stopped him.
>>
>>51499051
This is the worst thing I have ever read. Pure cancer...
>>
>>51534977
We enjoy poking at bad games. It's not because of its ideological leanings; fatal, rahowa or black tokyo (amongst others) theads are also great fun.
Good settings and systems have their detractors. But things like this, that are just plain bad? It's where /tg/ can really unite and guffaw.
Thread posts: 318
Thread images: 41

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.