[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Running a Call of Cthulhu game this weekend. Any suggestions

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: call-of-cthulhu.jpg (125KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
call-of-cthulhu.jpg
125KB, 1024x768px
Running a Call of Cthulhu game this weekend. Any suggestions on a scenario that isn't from the main rule set or mansions of madness? I have some new players so I'm trying to just do a one shot. Also general Call of Cthulhu thread since the game doesn't seem to get too much love on this board.
>>
>>51498778
Pls discuss Call of Cthulhu. Here's a pdf scenario to entice you. https://ttop.rem.uz/Call%20Of%20Cthulhu/Call%20Of%20Cthulhu%207th%20Edition/Dead%20Light.pdf
>>
>>51498778
I just ran Cold Dead Hand from Unspeakable Oath #23 for my group and they really liked it. It's not a "typical" CoC scenario (the PCs are part of a very well armed Spetznaz battalion, complete with APCs) so it might set a weird example for new players but it's a very good scenario.
>>
>>51499267
Isn't that kind of like Delta Green? I'm still not sure if Delta Green has completely different Rules than CoC or if its just a setting.
>>
>>51498778
Escape from Innsmouth
>>
>>51499807
Cold Dead Hand takes place in the DG universe but it's basically a footnote in the scenario. If none of your players know the significance of GRU-SV8 they won't even notice. It was also published before the new DG rules came out and is formatted for 6e CoC.
>>
>>51499815
Is that a one shot or a bigger book?
>>
>>51499850
I wouldn't mind trying it. Scenarios where the people are very well equipped still have their place. I played one once where we were a soviet secret police squad sent to audit a village. It was kind of like that Russian game Pathologic but with mythos disease.
>>
>>51500027
One of the DG guys made the observation that any seasoned CoC player should know that the more well equipped the investigators are at the start of the scenario the more horribly fucked up things will get by the end of it.
>>
>>51500224
I would expect nothing less than a monster that either won't be harmed too much by guns or one that can evade bullets. Or just a shit ton of lesser beings.
>>
>>51500251
In Cold Dead Hand it's all three.
>>
>>51500273
Nice I'll definitely look into it.
>>
>>51498778
Play delta green instead
>>
>>51500495
I like the 20's and 1890's settings too much.
>>
>>51498778
>since the game doesn't seem to get too much love on this board
Congrats on picking the one day in the last few weeks where a new Yog-Sothoth General hasn't been posted.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.