[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I want to run a Zelda campaign but don't know where to start.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: 526px-The_Legend_of_Zelda.svg.png (18KB, 526x313px) Image search: [Google]
526px-The_Legend_of_Zelda.svg.png
18KB, 526x313px
I want to run a Zelda campaign but don't know where to start. I'm gonna run 5.e as there is quite a lot of ready made home brewed Zelda stuff for it. However, tone and setting is what i'm having trouble with. Ideas?
>>
>>51498185
Honestly, replay the various Four Swords games and shoot for something like that. For originality, set it around Spirit Tracks instead of any of the more 'traditional' zelda settings, it'll let you use some steam stuff which is nice. Plus the world's less developed so you're less likely to have someone sperg out on you.
>>
>>51498185
It's basically a dungeon crawl that tells a story. I'd mine the Zelda Wiki and play throughs for ideas, rather than here. /tg/ has... opinions about new Zelda lore. And 5e. And homebrew. And ideas.
>>
>>51498185
Lots of retarded puzzles. Don't use blocks though, make it pretty simple - The door is locked by a switch at the end of a hallway, there's skeletons in the hallway. Blow a hole in the ceiling to make the light shine down on something to get the treasure chest to appear. That sort of thing.

Keep it light-hearted but action-packed. Make the story up as you go and tie in every NPC to it eventually. Don't decide who Impa and Zelda or whomever are at the start, have them be secretly someone else the entire time, the person who makes sense at that very moment. It'll mimic the simple but cheezy plot twists that Zelda tends to use.

Don't forget to fuck something important up that lets spergs poke holes in it and debate which zelda is best with huge generalizations about waggling or long travel times or other bullshit. Some sacred cows are too important.
>>
>>51498242
Not gonna go for the whole Link, Zelda, Ganon prophesy thing. Just a story in that general setting that has that nice fun adventure feel. Might reference it tho.
>>
>>51498328
Don't set it in Hyrule, set it in Calatia after that land has collapsed centuries earlier. Now the players can go there, find ruins and help small towns and their peoples while doing the odd dungeon crawl. Build it up to a fight against a corrupted Queen Seline and her champion, the also corrupted Sir Charles of Moria.
>>
>>51498185
>Not using the superior ruleset made by fellow anons
https://1d4chan.org/wiki/Legend_of_Zelda_RPG

https://1d4chan.org/wiki/Legend_of_Zelda_RPG/GM_Resources
>>
>>51498185
Wait for BotW, it looks like it will expand on Hyrule's world building a lot
>>
>>51498185
https://www.reddit.com/r/DnD/comments/2ookln/dd_5e_legend_of_zelda_campaign_setting/
http://homebrewery.naturalcrit.com/share/rJg0D0qK
>>
>>51499687
oh neat ill cheack it out
>>
>>51499687
Seconded
>>
>>51498328
>Not gonna go for the whole Link, Zelda, Ganon prophesy thing. Just a story in that general setting that has that nice fun adventure feel. Might reference it tho.

I ran an aborted LoZ game using this as the premise:

>The Hero of the Triforce arrived in this land following the evil Ganon and made haste to fight him, but the Hero was too impatient, confronted Ganon before he was ready, and was struck down before he could deliver the final blow. The Master Sword was broken into four pieces, and the Triforce of Power was broken into shards that scattered all across the land.

Where the game started, Link was in a magical Snow White coma somewhere offscreen and all the shards of Triforce had embedded themselves into small monsters that quickly became Boss Monsters because of the power.

If I ever restart the campaign, I'll probably use the same setup.
>>
>>51504669
You're welcome!
>>51504091
Nifty
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.