[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anybody catch that 8th edition FB post?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 1

Apparently some foreign GW put up 8th edition promo pics and then took them down. Had an eldar vs space marine set and new bases. Anybody get a screenshot?
>>
No, anything good?
>>
Yeah, I heard about this too. New eldar guardians maybe, or plastic aspects?
>>
So... there's a chance I can get my hopes up that they'll make core 40k something that's actually fun to play besides Kill Team only to have my hopes shattered like a perfectly recreated porcelain replica of a Lemann Russ model thrown against a brick wall?
>>
don't know about plastic aspects, but there was a list that looked like rules changes
>>
Anybody actually see it?
>>
it's definitely real; my Swedish friend talked about it this morning
>>
>>51498066

I mean, it IS GW...
>>
Saw the pic, was not a familiar aspect desu
>>
Those are the new Age of Sigmar Bases that they talked about last year.
>>
Wait what about new bases?
>>
>>51498412

No, those are Fantasy bases. AoS switched to round bases for some stupid reason. And got rid of my Tomb Kings. Fuckers.
>>
The starter set better not be Space Marines again. I'm really hoping Tyranids finally get some love.
>>
starter looked like space marines and eldar
>>
>>51498572

Ultramarines, or one of the other "Big 4" chapters?
>>
>>51498494
It will always be Space Marines.
>>
Were the new Eldar those ones who follow the whole God of the Dead thing? The ones coming out like next week. Anyone get a screenshot or something?
>>
>>51498462
Fantasy coming back?
>>
Probably ynnari
>>
>>51498066

There is no chance. They'll double down on everything that is bad about 7th while removing some of its few good points, and change a lot of other rules just for the sake of it.
>>
>>51498767

Find a piece of paper. Rub it on your ass hard enough to get a streaky skidmark. Voila, spitting image of the nu-Eldar.
>>
>>51499150

Come on, GW has been on a role lately. Pretty much all of the recent 40k releases have been great, they're finally interacting with the community in a positive way, and AoS has managed to recover from its initial stumbles and proved itself a solid game. Have a little faith.

#hatersgonnahate
>>
>>51497834
>eldar vs space marine set
if they do biel-tan vs ultramarines as a deliberate throwback to the third edition promotional stuff I might be a little excited about it

also worried, because third edition was its own can of worms on release
>>
>>51498605
And it's not even for general wanking.
It's just the easiest for newcomers to learn and accustom to.
I hope people understand this and have finally stopped complaining.
>>
>>51499280

Isn't Beil Tan gone now?
>>
>>51499332
it's blow'd up, but not gone
>>
>>51499326

What makes Space Marines that much easier to learn with than Chaos Space Marines? Other than the fact that Space Marines get all the good rules and are thus easier to use.
>>
>>51499351
New players don't have the necessary amount of butthurt to play chaos space marines adequately.
>>
SM and Eldar are both iconic armies. They could do orks again, but eh.
>>
>>51498412
????
>>
>>51499351
Space Marines are the flagship army, they're like Stormtroopers in Star Wars, they are iconic, instantly recognisable and strongy associated with the franchise, as soon as someone mentions Stormtroopers you think about Star Wars, don't you? Same thing for Space Marines.
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.