[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I get my players to stop whining every time something

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_2869.jpg (30KB, 325x432px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2869.jpg
30KB, 325x432px
How do I get my players to stop whining every time something bad happens in-game?

>The dragon successfully hits for 22 damage.
>My guy kills himself because he'll die anyways
>Says the 90 HP barbarian

>The shop owner gets annoyed by your constant haggling attempts and increases the price by 20%.
>OH COME ON. Well I guess we can't buy supplies anymore!
>Price increase made the total 27 silver coins instead of 22 silver coins

>You fail to save vs poison. Take 1d3 CON damage. Take another 1d3 if you fail your next save.
>Stop trying to kill us!
>>
Tell them to stop being a bunch of whiny, obnoxious pussies.
Get a new fucking group.
>>
Tell them you've accepted their criticism and you'll do a pre-written campaign for the next stint.
Run tomb of horrors.
They'll learn that you are a soft and kind DM.

Or just play exalted or something similar where your pcs are powerful demigods who are incapable of feeling fear.
>>
>>51496680

Easy, you stop running games for them. I'd rather not GM at all and spend the planning time reading or something than put up with that shit.

Have some self respect dude.
>>
>>51496680
To join the choir, stop GMing for them, or run a hard pre made module to make then appreciate your work, you have no obligation to put up with their attitude
>>
By telling your players that you feel that there's no point in running the game if they are clearly not enjoying it. When they say that they actually enjoyed it just list off all the times they've bitched, cried, or complained when the smallest things went wrong in-character.
>>
>>51496702
FPBP
>>
>>51496702
desu this senpai
>>
>>51496680
Give them no threats.
No threats at all.
Tell them the world is at peace, that nobody is trying to kill them.
They will fucking jump down a hole hoping to find monsters.
>>
>>51496680
here if you, really want to let them know what a dm is really tying to kill them is like, drop an ancient prismatic wyrm immune to criticals with an anti magic field within 40 feet of the thing.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.