[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

thanks /tg/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: 1474330833865.jpg (31KB, 239x233px) Image search: [Google]
1474330833865.jpg
31KB, 239x233px
Last week I made a thread about espionage/assassination games and your ideas let me create a cool WW2 oriented game. So here is a storytime:
>it's 1940
>Germans are still planning Operation Sea Lion
>stalemate on sea and in the air, can go either way
>English Navy Colonel defects to Germany with Navy maneuver plans and codes
>players pick from premade charts
>one speaks French and German and knows how to disguise, another is a sniper, yet another is a bomb technician
>players paradrop on France to meet their target halfway
>meet with the French resistance
>learn the data will be exchanged during a party hosted by a French bourgeois who has a mansion near Lille
>they get friendly with a German squad
>get them VERY friendly with the charismancer of the group
>the soldiers set up a mine and a sniping nest
>mfw the players are having so much fun
>mfw they eliminate an entire squadron with a really, really damn good plan
>mfw the charismancer is now an important Oberleutnant
>>
I have to admit I am a soft GM - especially given my relative lack of experience - and the players spent hours having a ton of fun just thinking up the most elaborate plans that I eschewed rolls for even combat, because they would plan everything to a detail and when the elite sniper got into position to headshot everyone down when they were completely taken by surprise and marred by alcoholic drinks forced into them by the charismancer, it just made too much sense and felt like too much fun. We told a nice story, even if it was not much of a game according to some purists.

But right now they already breached into the mansion so the ante should be upped, so I'm gonna try and make the rolls matter.

Also, it's modified Only War, and its Warhammer roots gave me an idea to give everyone a special Fate Point, which you have to initiate by saying "But historians nowadays say that this is not what happened", and then you can rewind time just a little bit or change a major outcome slightly.

So thanks, /tg/.
>>
Sounds like an awesome game anon, I'm glad it went over well and everyone had fun. Definately something I'd enjoy and will probably steal at some point in the future.
>>
>>51494495
Good on you anon.

Keep having fun.
>>
>>51494504
You should only have your players roll if the action's outcome is in doubt.

Just as you wouldn't make a player roll to tie their shoes while sitting comfortably in a chair, you shouldn't feel the need to have them roll in a situation they've engineered to put them at maximum advantage.
>>
>>51496077
Great hint, you are right. Polite sage.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.