[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/HHG/ The Horus Heresy General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 401
Thread images: 80

File: images (1).jpg (55KB, 469x313px) Image search: [Google]
images (1).jpg
55KB, 469x313px
Rolled 6 (1d20)

Grenade Palooza, -4T rad Edition

Anvilllllllus Sub-Edition :^)

MkVI goose-stepped into the scene, all Land's Raiders come from Anvilus but only after you pray for a while and then press the rune "ON", quite some rules debate was had, Mortarion didn't know any better and no, there were 2 million space marines, not four. All of that, but only one per phase, in the previous thread >>51466664

>HHG
http://pastebin.com/iUqNrrA8
Official HH 7th Edition Errata (Updated January 2016)
http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/resources/fw_site/fw_pdfs/Horus_Heresy/Horus_Heresy_7th_Edition.pdf
>30k TACTICA & TIPS
What to include in a HH list, how to format it, what makes each legion special (crunch), tactics, Tutorials for Heresy-era minis and more
http://pastebin.com/Tm2P4QLp
>HH Books, Novels and Rulebooks galore
http://pastebin.com/k9uvqsub
https://sys.4chan.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fmega.nz%2F%23F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyC
>Updated rulebooks
https://sys.4chan.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.docdroid.net%2Ffz1OuHK%2Fcrusade-imperialis-army-lists.pdf.html
https://sys.4chan.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.docdroid.net%2FZTK72gs%2Flegiones-astartes-age-of-darkness-army-list.pdf.html
>/HHG/'s Legion demographics
http://www.strawpoll.me/10558764
>Primarch Popularity Poll
http://www.strawpoll.me/11458318

>Make your unit entries
http://www.mediafire.com/file/q315zmyjntb4j04/LA+Exploitable+v1.pdf

>BoP's Paint guide
http://imgur.com/a/aBKJE

>HH Discord
https://discord.gg/wYS2J6b
>>
File: IMG_3388.png (222KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3388.png
222KB, 480x480px
>Problem, Roboute?

Reminder that Lorgar could excite Iron Warriors and Enthuse Night Lords with his oratory skill.
>>
>>51484434
he could also "excite" fulgrim if you catch my drift
>>
File: IMG_3310.jpg (368KB, 1033x726px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3310.jpg
368KB, 1033x726px
>>51484446
No, that's Frank Castle's corpse. After all, I think Fulgrim likes a little head.

:^)
>>
File: 1480997941473.jpg (214KB, 764x665px) Image search: [Google]
1480997941473.jpg
214KB, 764x665px
>>51484434
He makes me rev up my chainsword if you know what I mean.
>>
First three of my Legion Breachers, my test batch.
Left, and right use the standard MkIII bolter arms, and I don't quite like the angle it places the shields.
Middle, the Sgt. as so far, uses the Chaos space marine squad bolter arm. It looks like MkII, so it fits the fluff of MkII/III armor, and has a greater range of articulation for the shield.
>>
File: IMG_3379.jpg (402KB, 892x868px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3379.jpg
402KB, 892x868px
>>51484446
>>51484480
I think we all know how he learned to do such things from the old daddy-priest, eh?
>>
>>51484434
Can you show or list an example of him getting Iron Warriors excited?
>>
File: orks.jpg (450KB, 800x1179px) Image search: [Google]
orks.jpg
450KB, 800x1179px
4 DAYS

D
A
Y
S
>>
>>51484569
I don't have a citation unfortunately, but it was in a speech before the dropsite massacre.
>>
File: IHface.jpg (323KB, 1033x726px) Image search: [Google]
IHface.jpg
323KB, 1033x726px
>>51484474
Here's a more up to date depiction of Ferrus :^)
>>
>>51484485

Those look awful
>>
>>51484685

Those aren't even Breachers. The point of the shield is to cover the body, and it doesn't even do that.
>>
>>51484733
The shields cover from the shoulders to the knees in height.

>>51484685
I know, I think I will wait until the other shields come in to finish the unit.
>>
Started a 30k campaign this weekend. First battle was the hammerblow assault from the istvaan V. Salamanders and Space Wolves vs. World Eaters and Sons of Horus, with reenforcement on both sides with more wolves and Thousand Sons. Bat rep incoming
>>
>>51484833
First Battle Report: Desperation

The opening battle for the Luchador Campaign was a close fought thing. Heroes and Villains on both sides scrabbled in the filth to get at each other and let the blood of their once brothers. As the Space Wolves and Terminators lined up waiting to meet the Traitor's charge they knew many would not live.

The World Eaters came on in a raging horde cresting the hills in front of the Loyalist's positions and letting loose with bolters and plasma guns at close range felling many mighty Space Wolf terminators. The Sons of Horus, meanwhile, worked the flanks trying to pincer their enemies and draw them into the center to finish them off. And yet the Loyalists stood resolute. With a mighty howl a squad of Wolves terminators on the Loyalist right flank. plunged into a squad of World Eaters and like a boulder they scattered the World Eaters like so many training dummies. Though in the melee the Alpha was beheaded by a chainaxe by a deftly skilled World Eater Champion.
>>
>>51484854
As the slaughter on the left continued, a legion support squad dueled with the Salamander's first squad lead by Sergeant Brakarius the Stonewall of Hesiod. Plasma and bolts spat through the air as the two squads traded death between the cover of rocks and ditches. On the right saw Kharn the bloody lead two squads plunging headlong into the loyalists ranks the charge turning into a close range firefight as the momentum was slowed and then stalled. from behind the front lines the Thousand Sons began setting up their support positions and even more of The Wolves began to enter the fray.
>>
>>51484874
Things looked desperate but manageable for the Loyalists, until the Sons of Horus descended. Crashing down the hill came the Justaerin, the chosen sons of Horus, pure aggression made manifest in dark Terminator armor. As they charged like an unstoppable force the Salamander's first squad focused their bolters on them, drawing their attention away from the Wolves and earning their ire. Hundreds of bolt rounds were expended on the behemoths before the first one fell, taking a lucky shot through an eye lens, but all that shooting would soon be for naught. They didn't crash into Sergeant Brakarius' squad so much as level it completely. They tore and rended the squad until none but the brave sergeant was left swinging his mighty warhammer, smashing aside one with a blow to the chest and another with a downward swing that caved in the beast's helm. In the backfield of the Traitor's positions a squad of Skyclaws descended on burning wings in order to kill the vile Librarian that led their most hated enemy. They were dead before they made it twelve paces from where they landed. The Librarian had forseen this ploy and the Skyclaws were gunned down in blaze of heavy weapons and bolter fire, taking a few traitors down with them, but nowhere near enough.
>>
>>51484884
It was in this swirling, chaotic, melee that the Catulan Reavers struck. The assassins came out of nowhere seemingly. From the left and the right the jaws of the wolf drew closed around their enemy’s throat. On the left they were led by a Praetor in cruel looking armor wielding a paragon blade jet packs roaring as they descended upon an unknowing pack of Space Wolves and cutting them up like meat with hacking chainswords and burning blades. The Alpha attempted to make a stand against the Praetor. Yelling the name of Russ the champion rushed at the Praetor, only to be cloven in two with a contemptuous sweep of his great blade. In the middle the Pyroclast squad of the Salamanders and their praetor challenged Kharn the Bloody burning a great swathe into their enemies before falling upon them with the great wrath of some ancient beast. Kharn rose up out of the ranks to answer the challenge of this great praetor scoring first blood and shrugging off two blows from his opponent’s thunder hammer.
>>
>>51484900
The melee continued on the left with Sergeant Brakarius killing a third Justaerin with his thunder hammer before being clubbed to the ground by a black armored monster whose armor read “BRUTUS.” However, Sergeant Brakarius was not alone. The Space Wolves who had dispatched the first of the World Eaters, seeing this great warrior being thrown to the ground howled in rage and charged the monster. Along the way, more Reavers joined the swirling melee on the right as the fight for Sergeant Brakarius raged. While the melee on the left continued, on the right the Loyalists were getting slaughtered. Keeping the momentum of their charge Catulan Reavers rampaged into another squad of Salamanders after dispatching the Space Wolves so completely. Taking a few casualties here and there they pushed as hard and fast as possible in order to perform the killing blow that would eventually finish off the Loyalists. They deftly dodged the Salamander’s fury of bolter shots and plowed into them like comets. Slashing here and there with wild, reckless, abandon they utterly murdered the Salamanders and another champion was decapitated by this cruel Praetor.
>>
>>51484914
It was only by the sheer bravery of the Salamanders and reckless killing abandon of the Space Wolves that kept them in the fight. No order was left of their battle lines, no formation was left. Only Chaos reigned. In the middle Kharn finally took hit he couldn’t just shrug off. The thunder hammer of the Salamanders Praetor smote him in the chest as the pyroclasts chopped down the rest of the World Eaters with cries of “Vulkan lives!” On the left the a Space Wolves Champion stood astride the motionless body of Sergeant Brakarius and with his pack back to back with him they struck down all who came near. BRUTUS nor the Reavers could stand before the fury and might of the Wolves, fighting over one of their own, they would not be swayed. Soon BRUTUS was laid low and what was left of the Reavers slunk back after tasting the sting of lightining claws.
>>
>>51484930
On the right the Catulans had just finished off the rest of their Salamander prey when great gouts of plasma and fire engulfed a full half of their squad and three Space Wolf terminators streaked into them. For the first time the Catulans had not had the charge and were at once caught on the wrong foot and they paid for that mistake dearly. The Space Wolves fought and tore at them with the ferocity of their namesake and where they went around them Reavers fell. It was only the incredible blade work of their Praetor that staved off the end of the Reavers Squad. With a roar the Praetor ripped his blade from the chest of the last terminator and challenged any other foe to test his skill with the blade. And that’s when he saw the Space Wolves breacher squad formed up in neat ranks before him. His mastery with the blade was unparalleled but swords meant nothing when it came to dodging bullets and with a tumult of surprising violence and oddly clinical precision the breacher squad ended his rampage with massed bolters.
>>
>>51484942
With two of the three commanding officers dead and only his forces remaining the Thousand Sons Librarian ordered a general retreat. Even as he did so he saw the casualties his retreat would cause as he saw an entire squad engulfed in flames and hacked down by the damnably hard to kill pyroclasts. His heart ached to see how close they had been to victory, but his mind knew that to take any more casualties would be to cripple their forces beyond repair. And so both sides withdrew, the Traitors back to their Thunderhawks and the Loyalists to their defensive positions. Both sides would go back with grievous wounds secretly knowing that had sacrificed too much and that in this battle the only thing to win was the mound of corpses left behind.
>>
>it's a Ben Counter posts his latest battle scene episode
>>
File: 1480177944463.gif (128KB, 728x426px) Image search: [Google]
1480177944463.gif
128KB, 728x426px
>tfw you're too autistic to make sense out of narrative-written battle reports
>>
File: 1480994344422.jpg (85KB, 444x446px) Image search: [Google]
1480994344422.jpg
85KB, 444x446px
Can I use a nuncio vox from in a rhino for my basalisks?
>>
File: image.jpg (219KB, 660x751px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
219KB, 660x751px
>>51484599
Can you feel it? Also that's a cruel pic, Anon, but I'll let it slide on those dubs.
>>
>>51484987
Latest FAQ ruled that models in transport vehicles are not considered to be 'on the table'

So that's a no. Gotta get out of that Rhino
>>
>>51484973
I feel ya. The first time I played a game where my opponent would floridly describe what was happening in the third person and make gun noises and the like, I had to tap out at turn 2. Couldn't handle it, man.
>>
>>51484987
War gear entry for that vox explicitly says at the end cannot be used inside a vehicle. It's always been that way
>>
>>51484973
I'll make sure to take pictures next time so everyone can follow along
>>
File: Meanwhile in Mexico.jpg (120KB, 700x508px) Image search: [Google]
Meanwhile in Mexico.jpg
120KB, 700x508px
>>51484854
>Luchador Campaign
Just one question, anon.
Why?
>>
>>51485217
>filename

TIME WIZARDS
>>
Is it me, or does the Orbital Assault RoW basically screw over the one good thing that standard box dreads had going for them, namely the fact that they normally can take cheap legion drop pods instead of the now pricier DDP,but the RoW forces them to take DDP instead. Is it possible i'm somehow reading it wrong?
>>
>>51485314
That change isnt from the RoW, its their entry in the new book

>A Legion Dreadnought Talon numbering a single Dreadnought may select a Legion Dreadnought Drop Pod as a Dedicated Transport

Boxnoughts shine in the new RoW as you can have 12 deep striking dreadnoughts now that they can take drop pods in talons of 3.
>>
>>51485314
You are correct. Might as well take Contemptors at that point, or put them in dreadclaws. Might be a subtle hint from FW that you should buy those ...
>>
>>51485217
It gets worse, its the Luchador 64 system
>>
>>51485350

>Boxnoughts shine in the new RoW as you can have 12 deep striking dreadnoughts now that they can take drop pods in talons of 3.

Oh my. And I thought all these boxes I had lying about were completely useless to me now.
>>
File: IMG_20160714_221154630.jpg (1MB, 2592x1456px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160714_221154630.jpg
1MB, 2592x1456px
>>51485280
>>51485364
Maybe Im so used to it that I dont understand what you're saying.
>>
>>51485434
https://1d4chan.org/wiki/Time_Wizards
>>
File: I+demand+justice.jpg (74KB, 1333x900px) Image search: [Google]
I+demand+justice.jpg
74KB, 1333x900px
>>51485350
>>51485355

>it's their entry
Double Fuck, so now their basically super eclipsed by cortus dreads in almost every situation.... Although someone could be that guy and point out that the OA RoW technically only specifies Contemptor and Legion dreadnought talons as being allowed to take multiple dread with pods per talon and not Cortus'... but that doesn't help the cause anyways...

>I actually liked the forge world boxnought designs
At least they still sell the Ironclad and Black Templar Boxnoughts. Would anyone have an autistic fit if i were to make the Boxnought legs taller/beefier and have it passed off as a Cortus-Contemptor? Can only take so much eggnought
>>
File: image.jpg (173KB, 768x1024px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
173KB, 768x1024px
What's the first legion that comes into your head when you see this?

EC or UM?
>>
>>51485676
>=][= on helmet

Knights Errant
>>
>>51485690
Oh shit I forgot to mention I'm filling that in.
>>
File: EC MkIII.png (2MB, 863x1253px) Image search: [Google]
EC MkIII.png
2MB, 863x1253px
>>51485676
I know you're asking us in order to know whether or not you'll add a palatine aquila to his chest, but it's difficult to imagine him as an EC is he doesn't have it on his chest.

Then again, Fulgrim used a volkite charger and a sword, just like your mini.
>>
>>51485676
UM but i can honestly see either one with the templar like helmet
>>
>>51485603
Ok I'll be changing the filename
>>
>>51485676
>Deathwatch helmet
Mein neger. I've got 3 I'll be using with my EC as officer helmets, filling in the =][= of course
>>
File: trait cheese.png (179KB, 464x244px) Image search: [Google]
trait cheese.png
179KB, 464x244px
So assuming I have a character with this trait, is it possible to move a vehicle out of reserves that would normally be forced into reserves?

Any clarification on this would help a ton.
>>
>>51485676
looks awful with all the shitty mold lines and sprue nubs, pry it apart and try again

but ultras fwiw
>>
>>51485676
Templar IF......
>>
>>51486068
Well if you use that trait to take a vehicle out of reserves, it is no longer beginning the game in reserve and therefor not allowed.
>>
File: flip.jpg (2MB, 1936x2592px) Image search: [Google]
flip.jpg
2MB, 1936x2592px
Proto-black dragons anon. Everything has shipped at last. WIP.
>>
>>51486305
>Using wulfen parts

In b4 shitstorm...
>>
>>51486305
I don't like you.
>>
>>51486327
They're a Heretek geneseed project, what do you want from me?
>>
File: flip2.jpg (1MB, 1936x2592px) Image search: [Google]
flip2.jpg
1MB, 1936x2592px
>>51486342
Woops, can't into rotate.

>>51486328
Where do you live, so I can make sure I don't go near you?
>>
>>51486361
Bad desert where the air quality is usally above 90. Today's high was 117. Please do not come near here, is only bad.
>>
>>51486305
looks awful and i hate it
>>
>>51486342
i want you to do some actual work instead of cutting and pasting piece from models that dont work or look good
you know, greenstuff and plasticard instead of wulfen that look entirely out of place and just shitty
>>
>>51485615
>>51485350
Considering DDPs are out of stock/unavailable for months, I don't know a single person that would flip shit at using regular ones
>>
>>51486305
Wrong millennium and they look like ass.

They had blade growths from the elbow and forehead, not that wolverine claw shit. Should have just raided a box of nid bits for scything talon ends and painted them silver to show the sheathing BDs put over them
>>
>>51486445
why?

>>51486513
There's been quite a bit of greenstuffing already and I anticipate quite a bit more. Their heads looked too low so that got a greenstuff prop-up. The arms are fitted for Wulfen bodies so I had to fill those gaps. Also had to fill in butts since Wulfen legs have none, will probably make lizard-skin cloaks to cover that up better (same with the crotches).

When I do normal tacticals/assault squads with normal Mk IV legs I intend to cut lightning claw bits down into their prongs and use those as bone-blade CCWs.

Also magnetizing weapon options.

Is that enough work for you?
>>
File: asd.jpg (66KB, 408x408px) Image search: [Google]
asd.jpg
66KB, 408x408px
>>51486305
>>51486361

This isn't 30k.
>>
File: heresy.jpg (13KB, 280x280px) Image search: [Google]
heresy.jpg
13KB, 280x280px
>>51486305
>>51486361
you are in the wrong thread, go back to the 40k pit of despair terrible anon.
>>
>>51486827
>chymarie blackshields

Would you prefer I do another loyalist Iron warriors army?
>>
>>51486841
>Would you prefer I do another loyalist Iron warriors army?
Oooh snap!
>>
>>51486841
If it looks better than that shit, yes
>>
>>51486841
Yeah, they'd at least look better.
>>
>>51486841
I'd rather you do a traitor Iron Warriors army, but so long as you didn't use 40k bits that aren't vehicles, I'd be fine with it.
>>
File: claw.jpg (1MB, 2592x1936px) Image search: [Google]
claw.jpg
1MB, 2592x1936px
>>51486945
What's the issue with the Wulfen legs? They're horribly mutated genetic monstrosities.

>>51486705
Quick arm just for you. Better?
>>
>>51487014
thats far better, though the wulfen hand is still a bit out of place
>>
File: silence1.jpg (28KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
silence1.jpg
28KB, 600x450px
>>51487014
please just leave anon.
>>
>>51487042
Yeah, I may go for bolter hands. Just didn't have a right handed pistol.
>>
>>51487047
Why? If you have a valid reason, I'll go; I'm not a tripfag and I don't want to act like one.

I just had the idea for the models and wanted to see if I could make it work.
>>
>>51487071
Mate, they're pretty hideous. The Black Dragons aren't all that mutated with the exception of their bone growths, they're nowhere near like the wulfen with wolf/lizard/whatever bits growing out of them. It's just not right.
>>
>>51487071
>>51487102
Also, Black Dragons aren't 30k.
Which is the biggest one.
>>
>>51487116
>>51487102
??? There's a whole book about a non-mutated Black Dragon falling to Chaos because he got buttmad when felt left out and that his company was using ultra-mutated Death Company style berserkers who were giant, mishappen and abominable.

Plus, they aren't THE Black Dragons. It's supposed to be a prequel to how their geneseed came about--an experiment in the Heresy to try and use Chaos magic/experimental tech/etc to speed up the recruitment process for the Salamanders after they got hammered. The resulting chapter gets exiled and almost purged once the issues are discovered, then they hang around as Blackshields before dying off in the Scouring. Geneseed gets kept in a vault somewhere to be reused in the Cursed Founding.
>>
File: IMG_1813.jpg (632KB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1813.jpg
632KB, 2048x1536px
Your opponent sets this up in front of you at the LVO, how fucked are you?
>>
>>51484485
>resin head on plastic body
Explanation?
>shield doesn't cover most of the body
>shoulders really low down on right guy
AWG seriously stop posting
>>
>>51487254
i feel like i might do alright, if i took the head of the gorgon with 6 vindis and a mastodon i posted a while back, but that is a distinctly unpleasant list, especially if they're playing with the meltabombs faq
>>
>>51487259
>resin head on plastic body- Explanation?
I like the cables on the middle one, and the far left one was just a head sitting my work desk.
>shield doesn't cover most of the body
I covers from shoulder level to the knees. It is adequate. I can post a picture comparing the shield to a regular MkIII plastic torso if you would like.
>shoulders really low down on right guy
They aren't. I pose the arms before adding the shoulders, always having them at the same level as the torso. Must be a trick of the camera.
>>
>>51487259
>>
>>51487167
Still the mutations weren't that extensive, the more mutated BD just have a bit more scaly skin, horns, claws and the arm blades. And they most definately don't look anything like wolves.

The issue is, since you're using Wulfen bits and SW have full dibs on anything wolf related, everybody who sees them WILL assume they are some kind of SW homebrew successor. So unless you are fully prepared to 'take the knot' as it were, using wulfen part is the worst idea.

And about your little bit of homebrew fluff : if there was any chaos magic tampering to increase recruitment speed, it would have only been done by the traitors, and the result would most certainly not have ended up in a vault, and even less so in a vault to be used again by the Imperium itseld. I don't know if you realize what the Imperium's stance was on anything warp related, but the Nikea edict should give you a good idea. So if they found some warp tainted geneseed in a vault somewhere during the scouring, just instant exterminatus.

So your options are to take your ideas and dudes to /40kg/ where the belong as they are now, or scratch everything and have a long, hard think to come up with something that actually sounds like it might remotely be plausible in the HH.
>>
File: IMG_4745.png (1MB, 893x1214px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4745.png
1MB, 893x1214px
>>51487324
>shoulder to knees
But it's not, you do realise breathers are designed to defend/attack fortifications so you need all the protection possible. There's also no part for the gun to be held in.
>I posed them low
All that matters is they look low and retarded
>>
Did any titan legios split into loyal and traitor halves during the Heresy?
>>
>>51487566

Tempestus.
>>
File: i fucking suck at decisions.jpg (159KB, 693x477px) Image search: [Google]
i fucking suck at decisions.jpg
159KB, 693x477px
Don't want to leave the plasma pistol, but no clue what to do.
Also, should I headswap with something a bit more DG?

Decide for me.
>>
>>51487824
just cut it off then you pussy
>>
>>51487254
fucking bladewolf with his dirty ass imperial fists. what points level is this anyway?
>>
File: pissed-off-bomb.jpg (99KB, 360x540px) Image search: [Google]
pissed-off-bomb.jpg
99KB, 360x540px
>>51484733
Combat shield doesn't and it offers the same protection.
>>
>>51486945
>so long as you didn't use 40k bits that aren't vehicles

Here's your (autism).
>>
>>51488170
except for working like defensive grenades, retard
>>
>>51488197
What does that have to do with the size of the shield? Storm shields are big, but they don't give you defensive grenades.
>>
>>51487824
I cut the pistol off at the grip, just above the hand, then cut a combi-bolter until it fit. File, plastic glue bish bash bosh
>>
>>51485676
I guess i'll pick Alpha Legion between the 2 you said :^)
>>
>>51487254
>mix of mars and deimos
Reee, and so forth. Especially the predator 2nd from right, and the mixed vindicator squadron. I'm fine with people using the plastic space marine tanks in 30k, but I don't think mixing variants in the same army looks good.
>>
File: animateddeer.gif (66KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
animateddeer.gif
66KB, 500x500px
>>51488560
that and he can't pose knights for shit. Seriously all that dosh spend on resin murder robots and not a decent pose among them. Might at well just run tau and neck himself already.
>>
>>51488672
>Someone from Bolter and Cuksword
>Expecting them to have intelligence or skill

lel
>>
>>51488399
How does a combi-bolter look being pistol-gripped like that? Not too big? I considered it.
>>
>>51485676
>that one MkVI/VIII arm on a predominantly MkIII suit
REEEEEEEE

The Volkite makes me lean more towards EC.
>>
>>51487824
Swap the head out for one of the FW upgrade heads, that will fit nicely.
>>
File: alpha-Copy.jpg (134KB, 920x411px) Image search: [Google]
alpha-Copy.jpg
134KB, 920x411px
>it costs 300pts for 10 of these
>for marines with BS5, twin linked 18" boltguns with worse rending
How would you make them not shit /hhg/?
>>
Any thoughts on ways to make armored breakthrough list as RG and remain somewhat fluff while fulfilling flesh over steel? I have two stormeagles (running as darkwings) so that means I can at least make the compulsory troop predators work, beyond that I'd have to use up tight FA slots on anvillus dreads and throw some kind of infantry in them.
>>
>>51484955
Fuck your damn blog post, put that shot in its own thread or something
>>
>>51489107
change banestrikes to 15" AP3 rapid fire. makes them unique enough compared to Scorpius which are heavy, while a short enough range that they have to maneuver to be useful.

they're the precursors to vengeance rounds, so I don't see the problem, add gets hot if AP3 is too op
>>
>>51489123
nevermind, doesn't seem there is any way to make it work, kind of a pity.
>>
>>51488719
Massive, but in a threatening way
>>
>>51487485
Don't reply to the idiot, it's the same shit every time, he just wants to me me me, you're straight up wasting your effort.
>>
>>51486305
wulfen parts on a cursed founding osmodula mutated black dragon.

>wrong mutations
>wrong era
>wrong chapter
>wrong parts

STOP what you are doing and either
a) do space wolves
b) burn all your models
>>
File: Untitled.png (84KB, 715x88px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
84KB, 715x88px
>>51489123
I think ALL infantry has to begin the game in tanks for that rite, they can't be riding stormwings/darkeagles or drop pods. Sorry.

One way you could make it work is HQ choices on bikes (assuming you're happy that bikes are fluffy for RG). Because they're not infantry they don't need a dedicated transport, so count as extra units with the Legiones Astartes rule. If you're using a sicaran as an HQ then you could take two praetors/centurions in the other HQ slots, which would allow the compulsory troop predators. Also, if you have any praetors, a command squad can give you an extra LA unit. So, if you have the points, 2 praetors & 2 command squads (all on bikes) would enable 4 tank units, or 6 tank units if you don't take an HQ sicaran. Also outriders/attack bikes have the LA rule but don't force you to take a tank alongside them, but you say you're using most of your Fast Attack already. I'm mostly ignoring jetbikes because they run into restrictions with the ROW, but you could take them in Heavy Support as well for an extra LA unit.

I know that's pretty contrived, and RG don't get any bonuses for riding bikes, but I *think* it works.
>>
How do you guise deal with WAAC cunts that play renegades using unconverted 40k minis as an excuse to use the +1T and +1armor save provenances?
Oh and also the option that allows the warlord to choose his trait so he can invariably pick the AP goes down by a point on the weapons of a chosen unit, so he can field full support squads of str7 ap3 autocannons.

>i thought HH was about fluff

So how to kick his ass so hard he regrets doing this?
>>
File: 0RfmkU8.png (151KB, 296x296px) Image search: [Google]
0RfmkU8.png
151KB, 296x296px
>>51484833
>>51484854
>>51484874
>>51484884
>>51484900
>>51484914
>>51484930
>>51484942
>>51484955
god, this awakens the wolf in my inner loins

Please post more, more please
>>
>>51489403
actually that is pretty fluff, as the Hawks had more than a few outriders, and I built up a hunting force formation for 40k a while ago, I just didn't think to use bikes to fulfill the req.

what's nice is that a full squadron only counts as one unit (as the book structure defines it) so that should be an easy way to get the Venator and a couple other useful things in. I guess it's one of the few times to celebrate the fact that outriders don't have too harsh a squad tax.
>>
>>51489492
Have you heard of our lord and saviour the holy pieplate?
>>
>>51489530
>>51489403
Interesting thought: FW already makes the distinction between infantry and jump infantry for the purposes of the Raven Guard legion rules, so what would you consider Jump Infantry to fall under?
>>
>>51489541
>Have you heard of our lord and saviour
>the holy pieplate

Fuck you, the only lord and savior is Duncan
>>
>>51489559
There are three gods of /hhg/ and all of them are artillery

You can't spell Artillery without Art
>>
File: image.png (676KB, 1334x750px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
676KB, 1334x750px
>>51489525
>awakens the wolf in my inner loins
>>
>>51489541
our resident WAAC cunt uses 3 leman russ demolishers in every game, so yeah we've seen the effect of pie plates on 20 marine units.
>>
File: image.png (589KB, 638x682px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
589KB, 638x682px
>>51489800
Checked. As for you crush him. Rape him with a Warlord. Or ya know slap his mother's tits. Whatever you want.
>>
>>51489492
Easy, I infiltrate my Armoured Spearhead and tank shock him repeatedly.
>>
>>51489841
Can we get a custodes gal vorbak photoshop, just helmets are fine
>>
>>51485676
He looks like a monkey, with short legs and long arm like that.
Also, UM.
>>
>>51485676
My first thought was actually "Imperial Fist", but of the two you've suggested I'd say Ultramarine.
>>
>>51487440
Maybe not chaos magic, then. Either way, it would've been done in secret.

>insta exterminatus

Then maybe they found an untainted sample from one of the luckier marines. If they couldn't detect the taint in the Black Dragons before they made them, why would they find it in 30k?
>>
>>51490552
please actually go read established lore before commiting to raping it. the issues of the 21st founding were entirely due to mechanicus meddling, and this is the wrong thread.

"your dudes" is fine, but at least try not to be a C.S. Goto while you're at it, and put discussion about it in the right place.

the only loyalist legions that had cases of actual mutation during the HH were some fringe elements of the space wolves, and the 100 Raven Guard Raptors that got fucked by the tender mercies of fabulous bill.
>>
>>51490552
Nigga all the chapters of the cursed founding were purposely screwed up by the AdMech or done by Chaos.
>>
>>51490599
The black book says there's multiple groups of each black shield variety, including geneseed mutants. It says that in the fucking book.

>cursed founding caused by Mechanicus meddling

So they keep geneseed they shouldn't have, modify it even more, and then make a chapter with it. Is that enough meddling?
>>
>>51489583
>There are three gods of /hhg/ and all of them are artillery
What, which ones?
I just remember the Church of the Crater
>>
>>51490814
So you're saying the AdMech modifed your dude's geneseed to make them even more mutated, yet your dudes have far more mutations than what they have in the 41st millenia? Nevermind the fact that were your dudes to show up they'd likely be killed for having too unstable geneseed merely for those wulfen-like huge mutations, as is the fact with the SW in 40k, and how they've kept the Wulfen a secret until now.
>>
First Loyalist Death Guard, non-test miniature, he's going to be the Sergeant for one of my Tac Squads. The red arm is a call back to their old Dusk Raiders iconography and each squad will have a slightly take on the motif. Thoughts?
>>
File: image.jpg (765KB, 2048x1250px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
765KB, 2048x1250px
>>51491028

Stupid Phone...
>>
>>51490938
They modified it in 40k to make it usable. So less mutated.

These guys get exiled and almost killed by the Salamanders, then they are purged/die off in the Scouring (there's only gonna be like 40 of these guys, will probably be an allied detachment to cult or auxilia).

So they do get killed eventually.
>>
>>51491090
The helmet looks wrong combined with no shoulderpads.
>>
>>51484446
To be fair, it doesn't take much to get his 'juices' flowing.
>>
File: Chimp Vorbak.png (593KB, 587x687px) Image search: [Google]
Chimp Vorbak.png
593KB, 587x687px
>>51489874
No.
>>51491090
I like the red arm a lot. Will you include some purple?
Maybe paint the mouthguard, that way he can truly be Crimson Chin.
>>
>>51491090
Looks good, but it could do with a little more chipping around the chest and arms. Looks strange with damage on only the legs. I assume you are painting the shoulder pads separately?

Also I like the head conversion, looks great.
>>
>>51491090
Nicely painted, not so convinced on the modelling. Don't think the half-helmet works, (he looks like a child in there,) and why no pauldrons?
>>
>>51491099
But the technology and knowledge requiered to do anything about bad geneseed is almost entirely lost in 40k. And during 30k they already couldn't fix the SW and TS geneseed errors. It is basically impossible that they'd be able to fix something in 40k where they couldn't in 30k.
>>
File: grill-mask-website-800x800.jpg (38KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
grill-mask-website-800x800.jpg
38KB, 800x800px
>>51491090
I wonder what Anvil grill mask heads would look like with MkII and III helmets.
>>
>>51491146
Gee, I forgot to modify the text and swap some of the portraits for the ones that appear in the HH books.
Well, some other day.

Have some leaked footage of Headhunters standard ops
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sVxWoS0T4jI
The LMGs are the TL Combi-bolters, the rifle w/grenade launcher is obvs a combi-nade, the knife is a power dagger, the riot police guys are obvs breachers and the protagonist is an infiltrated UM guy
>>
>>51491171
It's a big galaxy

Anything can happen with the power of heresy.
>>
>>51491110
>>51491170
Apologies, should have clarified this is WIP. Waiting on Forgeworld shoulders to arrive.

>>51491161
The chipping is actually supposed to be muck, but I may have painted it too dark.

>>51491173
Probably better than my conversion, but it took so much work I couldn't bring myself to scrap it.

>>51491146
Is actually washed with old leviathan purple ink. His chin might need a bruisin' now though...
>>
File: heretical-teachings.jpg (25KB, 640x400px) Image search: [Google]
heretical-teachings.jpg
25KB, 640x400px
>>51491280
>it took so much work I couldn't bring myself to scrap it.
>mfw

We all must learn to let go. I got a ton of conversions I've spend time and money making, that either didn't end up so good or I ended up finding an alternative that 100 times better.

Take it as a learning experience.
>>
>>51491319
I'm more of a "suffer for your sins" kind of guy. Every time I see his silly face it will act as punishment for my converting transgressions.

Tbh, I don't hate it. The worst part is that the ink really brought to light the bumpiness where it was severed.
>>
>>51491373
>I'm more of a "suffer for your sins" kind of guy
So many melancholic personalities round these parts.
>>
>>51489525
Is that a bird?
>>
File: IMG_20170128_172615134_HDR.jpg (766KB, 1512x852px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170128_172615134_HDR.jpg
766KB, 1512x852px
>>51491373
>>51491028
>>51491090
Do not despair fellow Loyalist! Not all conversions come out looking as amazing as they initially sounded, but as long as the Marine doesn't look like total ass he still has character. He isn't being presented for Golden Demon, so enjoy your Sergeant, and keep these lessons in mind for future minis
>>
>>51488560
I gotta disagree, I think a mix (especially in favour of forgeworld goodies) reinforces the idea that the legions were scavenging whatever designs they could. All 40k just looks lazy, but all FW is best.
>>
Does anyone run Blackshields? Why are the +1 str/t dudes a meme? They seem pretty decent to me.

I also take it marauders with shotguns are the goto. However I cant find the rules for shotgun profiles can anyome point me to where they are?
>>
>>51491622
*Salutes with enthusiasm, whilst stifling back a single tear.*

(Also I want that board.)
>>
>>51485676
Loyalist iron warrior
>>
>>51487824
NEW HEAD
E
W

H
E
A
D
>>
>>51491735
Reeeeeee... etc...
>>
>>51491090
Why give a sarge a chainsword? Surely a fist or power weapon is better.
>>
https://www.warhammer-community.com/2017/01/31/first-look-at-inferno/

>That’s just the background though, and as you’d expect, there are also rules aplenty in the rest of the book, including over 100 pages of army lists, new units, Rights of War, missions, campaigns and a couple of Primarchs

A COUPLE OF PRIMARCHS

TS CONFIRMED
>>
File: armor autim Mk6.png (39KB, 577x980px) Image search: [Google]
armor autim Mk6.png
39KB, 577x980px
>>51484389
It's been a bit since I'm coming out with a new one these.

I decided to takeout the "Most Iconic" category sense everybody arguing and raging about it.

Tell me what you think.
>>
File: 1485881454691.png (33KB, 577x980px) Image search: [Google]
1485881454691.png
33KB, 577x980px
>>51491827
I think this is much better.
>>
>>51491826
>Copies will be available first this weekend at the Horus Heresy Weekender and available very soon after for the rest of you.

YES
>>
>>51491827
those blues aren't all the same shade REEEEEEE
in all seriousness tho, it is a pretty cool chart, useful for those with severe armour autism
>>
>>51491827
Awesome, thanks anon!
>>
File: image.png (70KB, 594x229px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
70KB, 594x229px
>>51491827
>>51491867
Might be useful to counter act armor autism but you're going to upset folks with those shades of blue.
>>
>>51491785
Maybe it's a support squad sergeant with an augury scanner (replaces flamer) or something?
>>
>>51491826
Scans when?

Fuck scans, shitty, barely legible mobile phone camera shots of rules will do. I'll fucking smoke some mean cock for anything.
>>
File: 1485881454691 - Copy.png (33KB, 577x980px) Image search: [Google]
1485881454691 - Copy.png
33KB, 577x980px
>>51491924
Fixed.
>>
File: armor autim Mk6-1.png (33KB, 577x980px) Image search: [Google]
armor autim Mk6-1.png
33KB, 577x980px
>>51491924
>>51491873
I think I got them all.

>>51491916
Thanks

>>51491867
That works too.
>>
>>51485314
>>51485350
>>51485355
>>51485375
For some one who would like to use boxnoughts in an Orbital Assault list, how should I kit them. I play Soh if that matters for anything
>>
File: armor autim Mk6-2.png (33KB, 577x980px) Image search: [Google]
armor autim Mk6-2.png
33KB, 577x980px
>>51491969
OK now I think I got them all.
>>
>>51487167
>??? There's a whole book about a non-mutated Black Dragon falling to Chaos because he got buttmad when felt left out and that his company was using ultra-mutated Death Company style berserkers who were giant, mishappen and abominable.
Pretty sure those are Soul Drinkers.
>>
File: image.jpg (48KB, 700x498px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
48KB, 700x498px
>>51491966
>>51491969
>>51492011
Good man. Have an Awoo.
>>
>>51492077
No it's not because I just read the book.

It's called The Death of Antagonis.
>>
>>51491929
>>51491785
That's pretty much how he's built in the list, but also the chainsword aesthetic better suits him I think.
>>
File: Praetor.jpg (84KB, 1023x597px) Image search: [Google]
Praetor.jpg
84KB, 1023x597px
>>51491969
I'd bump MkIII up to Uncommon for EC, and I'd imagine for some other Legions like the Alphas or Raven Guard that didn't participate much in frontal assaults. >>51485743 image makes the valid point >'Iron' pattern armour only in limited use within the Emperor's Children Legion by specialized units
>>
>>51491826
>TS CONFIRMED
Yes? That's been the case for Inferno since forever?
>>
>>51492011
Surely traitor legions would have captured MkVIIs during Terra.
>>
>>51491826
I was fairly sure we knew this one was going to have all the TS stuff from the beginning. Where else would you put them?
>>
>>51492187
Yeah but it wouldn't be more than a handful, probably only ever used as repair pieces on other suits.

>So please don't have more than one or two marines worth of bits in a traitor army.
>>
File: 1483265625936-pol.png (10KB, 586x528px) Image search: [Google]
1483265625936-pol.png
10KB, 586x528px
>>51492103

Thanks, Have a smug Pepe.
>>
All these graphics to communicate something that can be said in three sentences, if even that, and the one the guy made to rustle people is still the most accurate.
>>
>>51492325
>the one the guy made to rustle people is still the most accurate

Which one is that? My Jimmies need rustling.
>>
File: image.jpg (145KB, 577x980px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
145KB, 577x980px
>>51492352
>>
>>51492382
>+++status of JIMMIES+++
>+++status:+++
>+++[UNRUSTLED]+++

Like I said in a previous thread. Only mark that didn't see use during the Heresy was 8.
>>
>>51492430
>hey guise the galaxy was big and my renegade magos is doing this tech heresy that consists on inventing Mk8 and giving it to my black-clad SoH traitor focre
>which I'll also use in 40k as black legion
>;^)
+++QUERRY: status of ANON#51492430's JIMMIEs+++
+++ANS:_____+++
>>
File: file.png (1MB, 1241x1264px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
1MB, 1241x1264px
>Don't worry anon it'll be available this weekend
>It's ok anon the whole "available in March" thing is only for general sale, attendees will be able to buy the first copies
>Look anon, they put up a preview they wouldn't do this to us

>they
>wouldn't
>do
>this
>to
>us

you fuckers jinxed it
>>
File: 1485204005212.gif (323KB, 353x353px) Image search: [Google]
1485204005212.gif
323KB, 353x353px
>>51492480
>>
File: Ashen_Circle_Legionary.jpg (320KB, 700x1005px) Image search: [Google]
Ashen_Circle_Legionary.jpg
320KB, 700x1005px
>>51492480
>+++status:+++
>+++[DISAPPOINTED]+++

There's plenty of bits in Mk8 that work just fine as custom power armour. The Ashen Circle are suppose to be in Mk2, but I bet you if I made that as a custom suit without official models, the rustling would create the Eye of Jimmies.
>>
>>51492489
Why do you need to keep lying dude?

Your stupid edits are not clever nor do they fool anybody, it just reeks of basement autism.
>>
File: zoomed preview.png (104KB, 287x509px) Image search: [Google]
zoomed preview.png
104KB, 287x509px
So, Tizca was the only city in the whole world, had an entire legion and pdf defnding it, and the terran element (legio custodes and SOS) was minimal, underequipped and more akin to a honour guard
>>
File: image.jpg (52KB, 490x427px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
52KB, 490x427px
>>51492480
What're the differences between VI, VII, and VIII?
>>
>>51492569
I bet Censure Host will be a RoW.
>>
>>51489123
Easy.

Shattered legions!

Just paint 1 tank in a different color, and blam; it's all Legal!
>>
>>51492591
MkVI

Beaky.

>MkVII

Standard 40k Space Marine.

>MkVII

Deathwatch kill team.
>>
>>51492489
You're a fucking liar.

>Copies will be available first this weekend at the Horus Heresy Weekender and available very soon after for the rest of you.
>>
>>51492569
... Which we all knew already. And it was still an entire legion attacking it plus support elements (I mean, weren't custodes suppose to be one man armies ? Or are they the same as marines now) and an entire fleet backing it up from orbit versus one of the smallest legions plus some Imperial guard ... and we all know that the latter don't matter :^)

Oh and don't forget Magnus was crying in his room for almost the entire thing, whilst Russ was actively taking part. Now Russ does indeed not add a whole lot, but it would still make a little difference
>>
>>51492643
>very soon

You know that this coming from a company can mean any amount of time right ?
>>
oh shit guys, it's not coming out this weekend
>>
>>51492715
Eh, M3 is still M3 :^)
>>
When was Inferno announced for the first time?
>>
Well now we know what the Ordo Sinister is. It's a smaller titan force designed to deal with multiple Alpha-level Psyker threats and their ability to dominate an entire planet's population. Psi-titans anyone?
>>
>>51492766
>smaller
>12 MOTHERFUCKING IMPERATOR TITANS
>SMALLER

Sorry anon, doesn't compute.
>>
>>51492785
There's nothing implying they're Imperators, nor did their old lore mention anything related to being focused on psyker threats. It's a ret-con.
>>
>>51492765
I remember when FW teased that the trilogy after Isstvan was going to be about Prospero.
>>
>>51492715
>"Interestingly, it's written from an Imperial historical perspective, shining fresh light on events previously witnessed only in ATS and PB"

For people who can't read between the lines, that's saying the fluff is going to have major differences from the BL books and will have a deliberate pro-Imperial slant.

Which is fair enough obviously, just be ready for the inevitable shitposting and actual retard posting from our less intelligent friends.
>>
>>51492820
But when was Inferno itself announced?
>>
>>51492785
Don't legions usually consist of tens of titans?
>>
>>51492824
It's Wolves and TSons. We should all be preparing for extensive shitposting regardless.
>>
>>51492843
Not for a long time. Mid-sized legions had 40-60 titans. Large legions could have 80 to over 100.
>>
>>51492843
Yes but usually have 1 or 2 Imperators.
>>
File: the-wolf-time-is-upon-us.png (223KB, 355x397px) Image search: [Google]
the-wolf-time-is-upon-us.png
223KB, 355x397px
>>51492847
You don't say.
>>
>>51492824
>>51492847
Why is it always those two that bring out the worst?
Even Word Bearers and Ultramarines don't wank as hard as them.
>>
>>51492872
Yes, and? Are you saying that 12 is more than dozens? Or that dozens of warlords, reavers and warhounds can't compete with 12 warlords in terms of tonnage or firepower?
>>
>>51492870
>>51492872
Aren't imperators quite rare though? An uncommon sight? Tthats the impression i got when Mortis showed up witth one in Mechanicum.
>>
File: shutthefuckup.png (2MB, 1021x993px) Image search: [Google]
shutthefuckup.png
2MB, 1021x993px
>>51492906
>>
>>51492906
I am actually more than half convinced that the people who argue with the SW players so much aren't actually TS players, they're just people who dislike the SW.
I've never met a TS player who has a hate boner for the SW, they seem to accept their role as the SW whipping boys desu.
SW players seem to be arrogant and stupid twats, but I think that a) they're kind of roleplaying and b) they just seem like that because there's comparitively a lot of fans of the SW so there's more people to generate a percentage of idiots.
>>
>>51492910
In Betrayer, like 30 warhounds go after a single imperator that's just landed from orbit. They manage to restrain it before it's fully operational, but it was said that of the imperator's main gun:
>If it fired, they were dead. They were all dead.
So, yeah, imperators can outshoot dozens of smaller titans.
>>
>>51492985
An imperator is basically a spaceship guncarrier walking on a planet, so yeah ...
>>
>>51492985
And in Storm of Iron you have a Warlord kicking the shit out of an Imperator, so...
>>
>So here's what the preview pages say

>Attacking force called the Censure Fleet
>The "Censure Host" was not an army-sized detachment, it was more of an up-gunned honour guard (meant to symbolically return Magnus to Terra)
>Horus was the one who ordered it to be increased in complement
>Magnus not only sent away his own fleet, he ordered his advance outposts and depots in the system to be abandoned
>The majority of the TS were on Prospero
>Confirms the TS had no idea they were about to get gang-fucked and that Tizca was not a fortified city
>Tizca is the only inhabited city, the other cities are ruins
>The Zhao-Akhad have an underground forge system on the planet
>Landfall for the Imperials out in the country would be insanely dangerous due to the Psychneuinen and other native psi-predators
>Tizca's walls had Geller fields (?)
(1)
>>
>>51492591
>VI
0.5 tons of Autism, doesn't apply to RG or AL
>VII
3 tons of autism
>VIII
9001 tons of autism
>>
>>51493055
>>Tizca's walls had Geller fields (?)
More like kine shields.
Because void shields don't exist or whatever.
Hell, I think even Agrellllllan's hive cities had void shields.
>>
>>51493055
>Tizca's walls had Geller fields (?)

That would make a lot of sense.

Makes it a lot easier for psykers in training to hone their power without getting fucked sideways by demons.
>>
>>51491699
Anyone?
>>
>>51492985
Those silly Principii, what were they walking in a conga for anyway?
>>
>>51493106
It's because literally everyone runs them.
>>
>>51493054
Dies Irae dies because a Warlord self-destructed on top of it to damage its armour, allowing a 2nd Warlord to actually do damage to the buried reactor core within its structure.
So it wasn't exactly a straight up fight, and it took down a sizeable chunk of an entire Titan battlegroup in the process.
>>
File: Blackshields.png (9KB, 639x195px) Image search: [Google]
Blackshields.png
9KB, 639x195px
>>51493106
>>
>>51492917
There's a couple per Titan Legion, so the entire galaxy has a population of maybe a dozen or two at best. It also takes centuries to build the fuckers.
>>
>>51493112
Principes
>>51493124
Where does Dies die?
>>51493140
I didn't know anyone had saved it
>>
>>51493055
>Magnus' warning so messed up the palace astropaths it took a while to contact Leman and Horus to tell them that the Emperor had issued an order of Censure
>Valdor is second only to the primarchs in martial skill. He had carefully worked to establish a neutral reputation with all Imperial bodies, because he bore the Emperor's seal and could interfere anywhere. Him being picked to lead a Censure was therefore likely Malcador's work.
>Macaldor had the cream of Imperial troops to pick from for the Censure Host, he carefully assembled the correct grouping to contain Magnus as a prisoner
>A detachment of Custodes
>Several regiments of the Army
>Eight cohorts of some elite Army dudes
>Three vigils of the Silent Sisters
>A whole maniple of the Ordo Sinister Titan sub-Legio
>The Ordo Sinister are a secret Titan force dedicated to killing alpha-class psykers and dealing with associated civil unrests

(2)
>>
HOLY MARY AND JOSEPH FUCK IM THE GUY WHO WROTE THE BATTLE REPORT. IM THE GUY WHO CAME UP WITH THE LUCHADOR 64 CAMPAIGN!
>>
>>51493196
wat
>>
It took me a fucking hour to write that battle report. We played that game on Sunday. Fucking hell this is pretty funny
>>
Jimmy was it you? Come back to me Jimmy!
>>
>>51491827
>>51491867
I wouldn't remove "most iconic" - that wording is soft enough that no one should feel bad about making Mk IV Death Guard or Iron Hands instead of Mk III, or Mk III Emperor's Children instead of Mk IV.

Let's not be overly PC about it; those ARE "less iconic" choices. The classic image of a heavy infantry legion is a Mk III marine walking through bolter fire, while EC, NL, and RG would prefer Mk IV over Mk III most of the time. Not all the time, just most. Your army does not have to represent whatever "most" means for your legion. But you should accept that you're doing something that doesn't fully match the legion's stereotype.

tl;dr keep the "most iconic" category.
>>
File: (e)Scoria.jpg (33KB, 300x450px) Image search: [Google]
(e)Scoria.jpg
33KB, 300x450px
>>51493196
>>51493221
Whaaaaaaaaaat
>>
Yeah Luchador 64 sounded like a kool ass name. We were gonna throw in Lucha references. I'm glad you guys like the report. It was my first hand in it. It'll get better once we get the names for our praetors settled lol.
>>
>>51493232
It's Johnny fucktard.
>>51493196
>>51493221
>>51493268
Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat
>>
>>51492006
Chainfist+graviton or flamestorm
>>
>>51493152
Dies Irae dies on Hydra Cordatus, in Storm of Iron
>>51493170
>The TS senior officers weren't involved in the battle for a while as Magnus was keeping them in a war council where he urged them all to surrender. Ultimately Ahriman leads most of the officers out to fight, a few stay behind. This is the Forsaken Council
>The TS have an Order of Blindness, psykers who can cloud enemy intelligence
>The TS have portal gates all across Tizca that offer linked communication through the Warp and holy shit has Magnus created a mini-Webway in his fucking home city wat
>The TS tactic of fucking the SW communications would have wreaked havoc on any other legion, but because the SW squads were so used to doing their own thing instead of following a battleplan, it didn't really disrupt them that much
>Leman's tactics are to push forward even if it looks like he should consolidate
>There were 9 great pyramids in Tizca, or Temple-arcologies. 5 for the cults, 3 for the people (which contained 10% of the population) and the 9th was the Pyramid of Photep, where Magnus chilled. The Great Libary was a sprawl of buildings on the lower level of this pyramid.

that's it
>>
>>51493268
>It'll get better once we get the names for our praetors settled lol.
I'm scared.
Also, where are you from?
I think your literary skills can improve. Quite a noticeable amount.
>>
Dude, Jimmy helped me write up the rules.... he didn't even play in the campaign because we aren't friends no more :/ so not cool
>>
File: ItsAlphariusAllTheWayDown.jpg (792KB, 873x876px) Image search: [Google]
ItsAlphariusAllTheWayDown.jpg
792KB, 873x876px
No Comment
>>
>>51493124
Yet it didn't annihilate all the Imperial titans, Warhounds included, the moment it strode into the field of battle. The Imperial titans were even allowed to be retards and still win.
>>
>>51493426
It's almost as if Storm of Iron is a shit story written by a shit author who's repeatedly made 40k stupider every time he releases something...hmm...
>>
File: Legio Ordo Sinister.jpg (108KB, 480x640px) Image search: [Google]
Legio Ordo Sinister.jpg
108KB, 480x640px
>>51492814
From the 2nd edition Titan Legions rulebook (1994).

There's no mention of psy-titans or countering psychic threats in this particular book, but their role is basically psychological warfare.

Old-but-not-that-old lore may have placed them under the command of the Inquisition, which might make them more likely to respond to psyker threats. Otherwise it was just someone confusing psychological warfare for psyker warfare.
>>
>>51493236
This, except just make it "iconic". And add an "ironic" category as well to make fun of armour autists. And make the iconic armour actually reflect the art, models and fluff through the ages, rather than what some designer might have said somewhere once, while ignoring everything else.
>>
>>51493055
>The "Censure Host" was not an army-sized detachment
How is the Space Wolves legion, Custodes and SoS, a Titan Legion with Mechanicus support and the Imperial army regiments NOT an army sized detachment?
>>
>>51493450
Thus equal to all the HH novels.
>>
>>51493426
Anon, Titans aren't invincible.
I'm not going to argye against their logic, much less in a setting like this one, but my last memory of the Dies Irae was when Predators from three legions forced to retreat after their lascannons depleted all its voidshields and heated its hull bright red.

The warzone? Istvaan V.

Being big doesn't mean you're powerful, rather it means everybody can focus fire on you from literal miles away
>>
>>51493464
That's...exactly what I said. Hence why I said it was a ret-con. Their purpose has been completely changed.
>>
>>51493120
>>51493140
Ah thanks, So i take it they are the best option then?
>>
>>51493485
>How is the Space Wolves legion,
He means the Custodes + SoS element.
Sans SW. Sans Mechanicum or Titans.

As in, it wasn't an army of 10,000 Custodes like the one that saved Horus, Mortarion and Dorn. Rather, they were a dozen squads or less.
>>
>>51493498
Is there actually new fluff out, or just rumors? It's not a retcon until it's in a book.
>>
>>51493490
Nah. At least other authors like Haley and Wraight have the decency to cover events that were completely unknown before. Like how the Khan made it back to Terra. McNeil has gotten the fall of Horus, the destruction of Prospero, the turning of Fulgrim, the empowering of Horus, and they're all complete shit.
>>
>>51493523
It's literally right there in the preview for Inferno.
See >>51493170
>>
>>51493497
>Anon, Titans aren't invincible.

Yet somehow 30 warhounds would have been immediately annihilated if an Imperator had been given the chance to fire its main guns. Meanwhile Pask hunts titans with his Vanquisher squad, that one fish snipes them with a railhammer, and in one story a lone Russ drove under a reaver and destroyed it by shooting it in the dick.
>>
>>51493512
Why bother even giving the 'Censure Host' a name if its not even the important part of the army? Why say this small detachment of an army isnt an army? Wat.
>>
>>51493578
>Custards and SoS
>not an important part of the army
Anon, you were wrong, you can admit it.
>>
>>51493578
Maybe the Host is an actual thing that's been used in multiple places, just on Prospero it happened to be very small, almost ceremonial in nature. Elsewhere it could have been proper armies of troops.
>>
>>51493578
Because it originally was all that was going to be going to Prospero. Then the Space Wolves were tacked on.
>>
>>51493563
Don't forget Wazdakka.
>>
>>51493563
>a lone Russ drove under a reaver and destroyed it by shooting it in the dick.
Obviously it wasn't wearing MkV.
But yeah, the 30 warhounds weren't insta-doomed if the Imperator opened fire. They're merely exaggerating.

They would be doomed if it fired 30 times, now that's more reasonable.

>>51493578
I said that, when he said "Censure Host" he was talking about the Custodian elements. People don't use english correctly all the time, anon.

To me, "Censure Host" means all of them. Custodes, SoS, SW, Mechanicum Titans, even that SoH squad.

Just like "Retribution fleet" meant most of the IF fleet.

The Custodians were few, and them being powerful custodians doesn't change the fact they were few even when compared with the times they were used as an army by the Emperor.

>>51493612
>just on Prospero it happened to be very small, almost ceremonial in nature
Again, the Custodes alone aren't the Censure Host.
They were there as Magnus' detainers.

>>51493616
You got it wrong too.
>>
>>51493616
>Then the Space Wolves were tacked on.
When did it all go so wrong?
>>
>>51493537
Not much of a change, really. They always focused on civil disturbances, and their size isn't changing. Being secret and going after psykers is new, I think, but doesn't contradict (the "con" in "retcon") any old fluff.
>>
>>51493629
>the Custodes alone aren't the Censure Host.

Where did I say they were? From all I read, it sounds like the Host is a special detachment of multiple different groups. Probably attached to larger armies, though don't know why it couldn't be fielded alone as its own army if needed.
>>
>>51493678
Well, they're secret anti-psyker Titans who quell unrest afterwards. Previously we probably only saw their"official" jobs, hence the"scary Imperator show of force" thing.
>>
>>51493609
?

>>51493612
I mean I guess.

>>51493616
Nah thats bullshit.

>>51493629
>I said that
I'm not gonna try and follow who who here. But theres not way the combined forces listed are NOT and army sized detachment.
>>
>>51493725
How can titan be anti-psyker anyway? Are the Principes all blanks or something?
>>
Can a vigilator take a jump pack even though he's got scout armour?
My thought is to put him in a melta reaver squad and infiltrate, scout and then melta something big to death, round 1.
>>
Mal and Val put together a penal honour guard as the Censure Host from Terran resources. It was to be enough troops to show Imperial strength and actually be able to contain Magnus as an individual should he resist.
It's listed above as:
several squads of Custards and Sisters,
several regiments of Army line and elite troopers,
and a maniple of anti-psyker Titans.

It also says that Russ was contacted seperately, that Valdor had a stuff attitude to commanding a primarch and so would not have sought to command him.
Russ brought all the SW off his own back. They are not included in the Censure Host's starting strength.

Horus then orders the Censure Host to be made more powerful.

Everyone cool thine tits.
>>
>>51493790
Damned if I know. All the guns are wired into a psyocculum and it's armoured in Null Rods?
>>
>>51493170
>Manipple of Ordo Sinister
>Eight cohorts of some elite Army dudes
>Several Army regiments
>Three vigils of Sisters
>And a detachment of Custodes

It's like the 12 Days of Heresy.
>>
Will Tizca's Gellar field walls work on the Wolves, who, as we know, don't use Warp sorcery.
>>
>>51491955

If the book can get here before March, there's a good chance you'll get scans.
>>
File: Chuckle.gif (993KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
Chuckle.gif
993KB, 250x250px
>>51493870
>>
>>51493870
...now the reason the Wolves combat-dropped on top of orphanges and hospitals makes sense!
The walls are probably only to keep the mind-sucking bugs out
>>
File: twelve posts of HHG.png (270KB, 554x2145px) Image search: [Google]
twelve posts of HHG.png
270KB, 554x2145px
>>51493835
>>
>>51493870
I don't think gellar fields would do anything to protect against mundane attacks. They aren't void shields.

And hell, void shields don't even stop people or vehicles from going through them.
>>
>>51493870
Oh they do. They just have an intermediary.
>>
>>51493949
Fenris is a planet of peace.
>>
>>51493981
Execute those who insult Russ!
>>
>>51493998
Allawoo Ackbar
>>
File: image.png (545KB, 721x537px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
545KB, 721x537px
>>51493922
>>51493943
Kek.
>>
>>51494028
>not Allawoo Ackbark

Even Russ would have gotten it right.
>>
>>51493798
nothing stopping it.
>>
>>51494028
>>51494073
Allawoo Ackbaaaark!
*Scatters D6*
>>
Rolled 2 (1d6)

>>51494143
>not actually rolling the d6.
>>
Rolled 2 (1d6)

>>51494166
Is it a small blast or a large blast awoo?
>>
File: Leman gets a model.jpg (80KB, 960x960px) Image search: [Google]
Leman gets a model.jpg
80KB, 960x960px
Rolled 1 (1d2)

>>51494271
Let us consult the magic wolf pelt!
Magic Wolf Pelt, is it a large (1) or small (2) blast?
>>
File: 54315315431.jpg (189KB, 798x445px) Image search: [Google]
54315315431.jpg
189KB, 798x445px
Rolled 3 (1d6)

>>51494166
>>51494271
>>51494302
What is this, the small dick convention? Get some proper siege equipment ye pansies!.
>>
>>51494302
He's wearing fur, attack him!
>There are no wolves on Fenris
Oh wait, it's a human pelt, no problem.
>>
>>51494302
PETA here, cease and desist immediately
>>
File: like this but MkIII.jpg (72KB, 1094x414px) Image search: [Google]
like this but MkIII.jpg
72KB, 1094x414px
>order 10 MkIII marines off of ebay
>seller accidentally sends me 20 MkIII marines

Fuck, I'm happy but also conflicted on what to build them as. I already have 10 Breacher shields and my original plan was to have 10 Breachers in a Land Raider Phobos.

Should I get another 10 shields and skip the Land Raider for a big stupid blob of shooting that doesn't have FotL and runs shorter?
Buy 10 more shields and two Land Raiders and become That Guy with more armour value than sense?
Stick with the original plan but also buy 10 Lascannons to build a Heavy Support Squad that represents the Emperor's Children "Sun-Killers" aka. an immobile, expensive glass cannon?
>>
Rolled 1 (1d2)

>>51494302
Magic Wolf Pelt, will I ever get married?
No (1) Yes (2)
>>
File: 1480550676161.jpg (16KB, 238x255px) Image search: [Google]
1480550676161.jpg
16KB, 238x255px
>>51494330
>When you want Yiff to be removed but dont want PETA to win
>>
>>51494356
>also conflicted on what to build them as
Send them back, it's the honourable thing to do.
>>
>>51494372
kek, close one there confirmed-bachelor-anon
>>
>>51494372
You're doomed to eternal casual sex.
So speaks the shrapnel wolf pelt.
>>
Werent the Thousand Sons mostly decked out in their own variant of MK4 armour? Why does BoP come with MK3?

Yes this is slowpoke but just thinking about jumping into 30k
>>
>>51494438
they had Achea pattern, but they still had the maintype. and you're a slowbro
>>
As forgeworld doesn't sell las-locks separately for some reason, despite selling all of the spess muhreen ones on their own, what would /hhg/ recommend as substitutes/scratchbuilds.

I was considering a length of pipe with a little plasticard wrapped around it, but that might be a little too simple.
>>
>>51494445
>they had Achea pattern
I'm pretty sure I'm going off old fluff/my head canon but I thought that was for most of them? As their own forgeworlds supplied them with all their equipment. MK3 just seems weird for the TSons. Doesnt seem to suit them.

I guess I'll wait to get Inferno to see what that states instead of pre-buying BoP. Might end up getting Calth though if that can be converted for the TSons? Theres bound to be some yiffs that want to offload Ahriman.
>>
>>51494388
Dubs speaks the truth!

Do not dishonour our legion, fellow third legionnaire!
>>
>>51494573
Buy whatever you want, all legions had all armor marks in their armories, you could even fluff up some MkVI Iron Warriors that use prototypes that were left in their armory and that 1% of dudes would be enough to have a full army of MkVI Iron Warriors, a similar example could be made for 1ksons.

ITS A BIG GALAXY WITH BIG LEGIONS AND UNFATHOMABLE NUMBERS, NOTHING IS TRULY STANDARD!

So do what you want.
>>
>>51494356
don't you dare return those
>>
File: 1470089182103.png (1008KB, 796x523px) Image search: [Google]
1470089182103.png
1008KB, 796x523px
>>51494631
>you could even fluff up

Or just do it and fuck autists who don't know their shit.
>>
>>51494631
MkIX then
>>
>>51494683
Perty wanted aa siege version for mk6, so he made it himself
>>
>>51494631
>Buy whatever you want
Hell yeah nigga. Still just thought I'd check things out before buying BoP. Think I'll have to go with Mk4/Calth with the upgrade sprues as Rubrics are always depicted with MK4 and that triggers my autismo alarm.
>>
>>51490599
What about BAngles?
I thought Papa Sang had to snap a few necks when his boys got a bit vamp-y
>>
>>51493798
That's not how infiltrate works tho. Both IC and the unit need infiltrate.
>>
>>51494823
A mere handful in 200 years from a legion that was 100,000+ ?
Sound like an acceptable statistic to me.
t. Ironfag
>>
>>51487254
The Vulterax mechanicum army is going to eat that alive.
>>
File: file.png (786KB, 1157x1001px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
786KB, 1157x1001px
the fuck
>>
>>51495004
The memes have grown stronger here.
>>
>>51495004
Why is there a black dragon riding a thunderwolf?
>>
>>51494388
International shipping is fucked where I live so it'd cost as much to send it back as it would to buy another set, so that's a no go
>>
File: DSC_0078.jpg (256KB, 1600x1120px) Image search: [Google]
DSC_0078.jpg
256KB, 1600x1120px
I wanna make a Death Guard army of almost all, if not 100% infantry. How bad of an idea is this?
>>
File: 1336253064669.jpg (72KB, 378x363px) Image search: [Google]
1336253064669.jpg
72KB, 378x363px
>>51495047
fresh me.me
>>
>>51495308
Get some friends who want to do campaigns.
>>
>>51495308
not as bad as it first appears if you use creeping death and a LOT of bodies.

Use phosphex rapiers for prepatory bombardments in your first turn or two, and I'd suggest at least one recon squad or good use of a vigilator to get some outflank rolling to remove enemy rapiers/artillery as that will be your biggest threat.

beware melee hordeblenders like Raven Guard Dark Furies and Lists with shred flamer shenanigans
>>
>>51495345
That's not a bad idea, because all I want to do is recreate WW1 but in space.
>>
>>51495308
Creepy Death tactical blobs with vigilators. Scout and 4+ cover save in the open. Apothecary for FNP. Gave wardens and cataphractii. Rapiers if artillery is not a problem to have. Maybe Assault Squads to cover the distance faster.
>>
>>51495394
>one recon squad or good use of a vigilator to get some outflank rolling to remove enemy rapiers/artillery

Why not techmarines with 4 rad missile servitors? You can have 3 per Elite slot. 48" range, wounds on 3+ and AP3.
>>
>>51495308
DO IT.
Here is a list I saved a while back that I enjoy.

4000 points list.

HQ
>praetor-180
>plasma pistol, paragon blade, digital lasers, iron halo

TROOPS

>tactical squad- 275
>20 marines, vexilla, ccws

>tactical squad- 275

>tactical squad- 275

>tactical squad- 275

>tactical squad- 275

>tactical squad- 275

>tactical squad- 275

>tactical squad- 275

>tactical squad- 275

>tactical squad- 275

ELITES

>APOTHECARION DETACHMENT
>3x, AA-165

>APOTHECARION DETACHMENT
>3x, AA-165

>APOTHECARION DETACHMENT
>3x, AA-165

>APOTHECARION DETACHMENT
>1, AA-55

HEAVY SUPPORT

>Predator Strike Squadron
>3x, Lascannons 3x, Squadron Command tank- 380

>LEGION ARTILLERY TANK SQUADRON
>2x Medusa
>>
>>51495308
You'll want a firebase (scoring heavy support dudes, if using the Reaping) in the back with enough firepower to compell the enemy to not sit back and come towards you. It should have some cataphractii terminators/grave wardens because they're shooty but can also defend against deep striking assault units. Grave wardens are also great walking right behind your creeping tac blobs.
>>
>>51495394
>>51495428
I'll include rapiers and possibly even a vindicator or two in a large enough game. I'm trying to make the army as fluffy as possible, and assault squads and scouts don't really seem to fit the bill IMO.

>>51495466
Goddamn, that would either be the most fun or most tedious game ever. I like it.
>>
>>51495466
Why does it have 10 Troops?
>>
>>51495482
>DG don't have assault squads

Not this again...
>>
>>51495514
Shut up already. "Don't have" and "don't prefer" are not the same thing and no one's arguing the former.
>>
>>51495489
Because I have always wanted to field 200 tactical marines in one game.

>>51495482
I've never fielded it, but I really want to the more I look at it.
>>
>>51495539
>no one's arguing the former
>"I'm trying to make the army as fluffy as possible, and assault squads don't really seem to fit the bill"

So what is this fluff where assault marines don't fit the DG, but at the same time DG had them?
>>
>>51495581
>Not this again...
>But here's me forcing this again XD
I bet you're Word Bearer.
>>
>>51495514
>>51495581
As far as "assault" goes, in my mind the DG would choose to use destroyer squads. If the enemy is dug in deep enough send in the crazies to warcrime them out, and if not the stock standard infantry deals with it. Also I'm kitting all my infantry to have CCWs so generic assault squads are redundant.
>>
>>51495308
I'd play my all infantry AL against you. Idgaf if all infantry isn't competitive. It looks cool as fuck.
>>
>>51495050
You could always write the seller and tell about it, and promise to pay for the extra set later when you get more cash.

That's the more honourable alternative.
>>
Does anyone else feel really sorry for the TSons, not because of the fluff but just because the Wolves are the teachers favourites?

Reading the released bit on the community website and I can already tell how this whole things is going to go. For example

>TSons use super elaborate psychic technique to confound attackers that would be super-effective vs any other legion
>Doesnt effect the Wolves because they're used to acting alone XD
>Leman still manages to maintain battle control and manipulate the battlefield despite no comms and when pushed to the limits uses the genius tactic of attacking harder

So it'll be bunch off 'this could have worked if...' 'if only this had happened then...'. Meanwhile Magnus is attempting to convince his legion not to fight letting the Wolves run over the defences that could have held them. Poor TSons fans. I know they must be used to getting shit on but this kind of 'loss' rubs me the wrong way.
>>
>>51495874

Welcome to life in the XVth. Check in with the QM for your ashtray and set it up where you want to sleep.

t. Sad Rubric Spammer
>>
>>51495454
destroyers with a vigilator have meltabombs, which will be one way to get armorbane in range. the idea is not to shred infantry (phosphex rapiers handle that just fine) but to get rid of heavy transports or artillery tanks like phosphex medusas and vindicators
>>
>>51495874
>super-effective vs any other legion
Not really. I can't see legions like the world eaters being very affected by it either.

If I were a TSon fan I'd probably be tired of people using my favorite legion as an excuse to bitch about space wolves some more, though.
>>
File: Untitled.png (18KB, 599x201px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
18KB, 599x201px
>>51495874
Given Inferno (like every HH book?) is being written from an imperial perspective, it shouldn't be too surprising if the narrative tells us that wolves rool & nerds drool.
>>
>>51496096
I don't know, the other books have been from a fairly neutral perspective.
>>
>>51495581

As far as I recall it, the fluff covering the matter says something like 'even though some legions like the Death Guard and Iron Warriors preferred not to use assault squads, they still had them for when the need arose'.
>>
>>51496056
>Welcome to life in the XVth
Hell no, aint got time for that. You dustbins are on your own.

>>51496056
>What is hyperbole?
>What is fun?
You sound bitter Anon.

>>51496096
Yeah true, bt in general it's given a fairly open account of events. I'm hoping because of this however we finally get a nailed down order that the Emps gave to Russ. None of the BL 'he said' shes said' bullshit.
>>
>>51496096
Official Imperial perspective might leave out the Emperor's Webway Project completely, and the fact that the Emperor wanted Russ to bring Magnus back to stick him on the Golden Throne so Emps could safely go join the fight against the daemons that were on the loose.
>>
>>51492569
>So, Tizca was the only city in the whole world

The rest got bombarded to shit by the cowardly dogs. Only Tizca was protected.
>>
>>51496023
What good is 1 melta-bomb?
>>
>>51496139
Ergo, it's not unfluffy. In Index Astartes it says that DG don't have DEDICATED assault squads, but that any squad is expected to fill any role, meaning that if the need comes for squad Huffington to take to the skies, they'll drop their bolters and pick up jump packs instead.
>>
>>51496144
>Hell no, aint got time for that. You dustbins are on your own.
No worries. We're used to it at this point.

I'm just looking forward/dreading the major battles part that highlights the legion being badass and worried they will short change us there.

Rules I have given up on after WoM and I just assume they will be disappointing. It saves time later on and I don't have the emotional ups and downs.

When I do start a real 30k army it will probably be a WB "Remove Kebab" Destroyer/Ashen Circle list (Which is about as bad as Rubrics in 40k..... WHY DO I LOVE UNPLAYABLE UNITS)

>>51496177
Prospero was a very pretty death world with one major city. Think Amazon Rainforest with psychic brain parasites that want to take over your mind and infect everyone you know and love.
>>
>>51496056
This.
I've posted this before, but as a TS oldfag, you've gotta accept the theme that the TS always get fucked over but escape with one tiny glimmer of hope. The Wolves' role in the TS fluff is part of being a TS fan.

I mean, the Ahriman series ends up with the protagonist getting completely wrecked and all his plans to save his bros falling into ruin...except he does manage to save one single guy. And all of a sudden he's got hope again. I saved one guy. I can save more. I just need to plan better for the next time. As the most recent example.

The only time it gets a little draining is when people try and put it in absolutes, the complexity of the situations is deliberate and part of it all, not to mention the fact that Tzeentch and the greater powers completely played fucking everyone.
>>
>>51496177
Well now the excerpt from Inferno says Tizca was the only actual city. The TS had outposts on the planet and the Mechanicum had underground forge complexes, but no ordinary people lived anywhere else for fear of the mind bugs.
The ruins of the older cities were also mentioned, but they had already been established.
>>
>>51496258
>and worried they will short change us there.
As long as you like Ahriman youre fine. That guy always gets shit done even if it doesnt always work out perfectly ;^)

>Rules I have given up on after WoM
Rules wise I think you'll be good. Psychic powers are stronger/more impactful as theres less of them going around.

>probably be a WB
Ewww.
>>
>>51496318

>>probably be a WB
>Ewww.
I know it feels bad planing it but they are the only feasible way to run a scorched earth skirmish style army without dropping the Destroyers to Affirmative Action squads.

>As long as you like Ahriman youre fine.
=/ I used to like Ahriman. But then all MyDudes became walking litter boxes...
So we aren't on the best of terms. I have nothing against him personally, it's just the fluff of MyDudes requires me to dislike him.
>>
So what do we want as the Legion choices for the TS and SW?
TS
>Warlords can buy psychic mastery levels / remove support officer from Librarian consul
>Squads can purchase psychic powers from costed tables as upgrades instead of them being random: I want, say, to have Seekers being Corvidae or Breachers be Raptora. Price them high if they have to for balance, it'd keep the troop numbers down.
>RoW or unlock option that allows beep boops without using a FM or Praevian

SW
>I dunno, probably some weird Destroyer unit that's also decked out with CC options or special rule, I don't play Wolves.
>Blooded Claws as a squad choice?

anyone with better grasp of balance got likely suggestions?
>>
>>51496410
All I need for SW is for the rules not to fuck up everything I've built, give me Exterminators and a RoW for Troop vets.
>>
>>51496410

SW rumoured units were
>destroyers, but all with rad weapons
>jump pack pistol guys
>terminators with 2-handers or sword'n'board

TS I can't quite remember, definitely mentioned some mechanicumesque psyker automata
>>
>>51496554
>SW wishlist units were

FTFY
>>
File: 1480110805214.png (299KB, 499x328px) Image search: [Google]
1480110805214.png
299KB, 499x328px
>>51496584

>tfw I know it to be true
>>
>>51496539
Why would they get a ROW for troop vets? Something like the post-isstvan shattered legions one, yeah, there's a good reason why a larger proportion of the legion would be veterans, but I can't see why the wolves would have more veterans than normal.
>>
>>51496410
Ill be the first to say Brotherhood of Psykers.
>>
>>51496410
I'm really curious about the TS assassin/relic hunter psyker thats been mentioned.
>>
>>51496633
>having veterans as troops = legion has a ton of vets

Does that mean DG, for example, have tons of vets? What about every other legion, which can all have PotL and Chosen Duty?
>>
>>51496231

It's not, but it's also not unfluffy to steer clear of assault squads when playing DG.
>>
>>51496756
DG one makes sense, they're all about the heavy firepower in that ROW and vets can bring that.

>every other legion
Exactly what I'm asking, why do wolves need a special veterans ROW rather than just using POTL?
>>
>>51493798

Rulebook says that if at least one model got the rule, then the whole unit may infiltrate, or Infiltrate and scout in this case.
>>
>>51496826
PotL puts terminator squads into Troops as well (don't want that) and Chosen Duty is only for the Delegatus.

>DG one makes sense, they're all about the heavy firepower in that ROW and vets can bring that.

You think Wolves don't need all the vet firepower and power weapons to fail at killing anyone?
>>
>>51496826
Same reason IF get Stone Gauntlet when Zone Mortalis RoW exists or why BA get DoR when Drop Assault Vanguard exists.
>>
>>51496847
And the FAQ says models with Infiltrate can't join a unit without Infiltrate.
>>
>>51496891
Even if they don't use the infiltrate rule?
>>
>>51496912
>"An Independent Character without the Infiltrate special rule cannot join a unit of Infiltrators during deployment, and vice versa."

Seems like a blanked ban.
>>
>>51496410
SW

>broken melee units

TS

>overcosted psyker shit
>>
>>51496410
>yfw the SW become even yiffier in 30k
>>
File: After the Sons have gone to bed.gif (290KB, 245x220px) Image search: [Google]
After the Sons have gone to bed.gif
290KB, 245x220px
>>51497061
>overcosted psyker shit
>>
File: thawk.jpg (101KB, 1301x534px) Image search: [Google]
thawk.jpg
101KB, 1301x534px
Shamelessly stealing this from B&C, but is that a new thunderhawk in the Inferno preview? Left is from Inferno, right is the currently available thunderhawk mondel.
>Fin above the cannon
>Different cockpit
>Wings are angled differently
>Different heavy bolter turrets on the nose
Given the artwork in HH books is normally of the models themselves (in fact it often is the models themselves) do y'all think there might be a new thunderhawk model on the way, for realsies this time?
>>
>>51497323
It is the Aetos Dios the IF primarch!
>>
>>51497323
Plastic thunderhawk confirmed.

Or it's just a piece of background art.
>>
>>51497364
That sounds Spanish.

Wait.

The Crimson Fists are Mexican.

Mexicans descend from a combination of Spanish and the Mexican natives.

Dorn's personal ride sounds Spanish.

Dorn is Spanish confirmed?
>>
Anyone else feel their legion is completely underused and ignored in BL and the like?
>>
File: god-emperor.jpg (46KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
god-emperor.jpg
46KB, 480x360px
>>51497399
Wonder if he paid for the wall of the Imperial palace.
>>
>>51497399
Aetos Dios is literally the name of Zeus's eagle. It's also the same bird that pecks away at prometheis forever.
>>
>>51497399
>Dorn is Spanish confirmed?
I'm Spanish, and Aetos Dios doesn't sound Spanish (well okay, Dios does, but Aetos very much does not.)

It's Greek:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aetos_Dios
>>
>>51497439
He didnt. He said "fuck you, if youre gonna tax me im gonna tax you!"
>>
>>51497407
I love being ignored by BL.

The only time we rarely get brought up is to jack off my primarch even more.
>>
File: Inferno-spread2.jpg (239KB, 1000x672px) Image search: [Google]
Inferno-spread2.jpg
239KB, 1000x672px
See the latest buzz on a new thunderhawk kit?

That is definitely a render they put in. Its also definitely a new version of the thunderhawk.

Some say it could be for epic, but there's way too much detail on it for just that. They could shrink it sure, but damn it'd be a waste.

If it's resin then well, cool update I guess. Still gonna kitbash my own from plastic kits.
>>
>>51497540
Is it just me, or does that stormbird look like it's bending?
>>
>>51497540
as nice and iconic as the thunderhawk is, the rules for it could use an update. as a super heavy it gets none of the jink protection normal fliers do, and most of the time you have to run it as a skimmer for at least a turn to get boots where they are needed in a functional manner.

I still want one for looks and theme, but damn I wish it didn't suck as much rules wise.
>>
>>51497590
it's an illusion caused by the bit between the two pages
>>
>>51497632
Same with the Mastodon. Those heavy transports aren't really viable right now.
>>
>>51497540
>three vigils of the silent sisters
So do we have any info on the organization of the silent sisters?
>>
These threads have been hitting near 400 posts each recently. The coming of Inferno is really doing wonders for the HH Community.
>>
>>51497673
Mastodon has void shields, a fuckload of hullpoints, and more importantly AV 14.

The thunder hawk costs nearly the same, and while it might have a (nerfed) D cannon, it is still really easy to kill
>>
>>51497806

Until it drops and we switch gears from content to Maximum Shitposting
>>
>>51497806
You mean shitposting levels are off the charts
>>
>>51497840
It is so sad that mastodon does not have any good weapon on it's cost.
>>
>>51497806
The fire rises.
>>51497840
The Thunderhawks really only going to be vulnerable for one turn of the game, and after that it's done it's job anyway.
>>51497364
Why would the Ætos Dios be in Inferno?
>>
>>51497857
>>51497858

But the Discord has drained most of the Shitposting. Seriously, ever since it appeared, Shitposting levels have gone down significantly.
>>
>>51497767
We've asked but they were quiet about it.
>>
>>51497879
see >>51497976
>>
>>51497878
Because otherwise I wouldn't have the opportunity to complain about how my primarch's car is significantly better than my primarch.
Thread posts: 401
Thread images: 80

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.