[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

In magic we've got legendary creatures, artifacts, enchantments,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 7

File: QT4H77w.jpg (25KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
QT4H77w.jpg
25KB, 312x445px
In magic we've got legendary creatures, artifacts, enchantments, and even lands.

What would something like a legendary instant look like? Would it be possible?
>>
File: im so confused about ur bullshit.jpg (186KB, 1023x682px) Image search: [Google]
im so confused about ur bullshit.jpg
186KB, 1023x682px
It's possible. It just wouldn't do shit. Legendary literally only matters on permanents
>>
>>51477085
You could slap it on but the problem and questions become how does being legendary affect the spell. Can there only be one legendary spell on the stack? If you cast a legendary instant and try to respond to it with another legendary instant does it counter one of the instants because of the legendary rule? That doesn't really make a lot of sense and would just cause unnecessary headaches.

Basically >>51478770
>>
>>51477085
Stack interaction. You couldn't have more than one copy on the stack at once.
>>
>>51479658
so like a split second that doesnt do much?
>>
>>51477085
http://mtgsalvation.gamepedia.com/Epic

Alternatively add "A deck can have only one card named CARDNAME" and exile it on resolution.
>>
File: AIMTG_7.jpg (55KB, 350x488px) Image search: [Google]
AIMTG_7.jpg
55KB, 350x488px
>>51477085
That's a thing artificial intelligence already was trying to do

http://nerdist.com/what-happens-when-artificial-intelligence-makes-magic-the-gathering-cards/

Also

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/articles/view/scienceandtech/14276-Magic-The-Gathering-Cards-Made-by-Artificial-Intelligence
>>
>>51482197
>whenever a creature dies, you may have more spells
HORRAY MORE SPELLS!!!
>>
Split second
>>
File: 940142.jpg (38KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
940142.jpg
38KB, 375x523px
>>51482197
this seems op
>>
File: Image.ashx.jpg (31KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Image.ashx.jpg
31KB, 223x310px
>>51477085
I don't know about instants, but they did try to do something with EPIC sorceries, spells you could cast and then that would be the only spell you could cast.

I imagine it would be something similar, but on a smaller scale. Something like-

Ever-eating Flames
3R
Zenith Instant

Ever-eating Flames deals 5 damage to target creature or player and 3 damage to you. Exile Ever-eating Flames.

Zenith
You may not cast instant spells for as long as Ever-eating Flames is exiled. You may discard an instant card and pay Ever-eating Flames mana cost to copy Ever-eating Flames.
>>
I think it should actually generate an emblem saying "you can't play [cardname] again"
>>
File: serveimage.jpg (113KB, 700x450px) Image search: [Google]
serveimage.jpg
113KB, 700x450px
>>51477085

MY BODY IS READY
>>
>>51482429
The fuck is that rules text nigga
>>
>>51479658
Legendary rule only applies by the player. They got sick of players hoarding jaces as a counter to jaces.
>>
>>51482429
What the fuck does Herse do?

My mind is full of fuck trying to read that
>>
File: 940186.jpg (37KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
940186.jpg
37KB, 375x523px
>>51484883
>2017
>not running a Herse/Tromple deck
>>
>>51482197
I don't regularly play Magic anymore but I'm tempted to print these all out and make a cube or whatever from them.
>>
>>51482446
Remove paying the cards cmc to copy and it's playable. Having to cast it and discard it, while not being able to play other instants is terrible card disadvantage.
>>
>>51485181
That would make it broken, because you would just cast that and then pitch three other instants to win.
>>
>>51477085
You could think of them like the Epic spells from Kamigawa except you would hope that a legendary spell with a similar effect doesn't suck absolute dick.

Or maybe something with a little more balanced trade-off. Something like "W - Instant - Reset your life total, then each opponent takes three extra turns"
>>
>>51482446
>>51485449
Shit fool I didn't even see you there

>>51485018
I think Tromple is a keyword on another of the robots custom cards. It's the Raging Ravine ability, if I remember correctly: When ~ attacks, put a +1/+1 counter on it
>>
>>51485483
Close. When it damages a player it gets the +1/+1.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.