[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Bleak World

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

File: Bleak World.pdf (1B, 486x500px)
Bleak World.pdf
1B, 486x500px
I just had to share this. Did anyone else know about this?

It's called Bleak World. It's... It might actually be the worst RPG I've ever seen that wasn't personally offensive to me on some level. Think of it as FATAL but with less cocks. This is just a beautiful abortion of a game. It's so bad on so many levels it circles back to amazing. I don't have the faculties to even begin analyzing all the facets of this thing's horribleness, but it's fascinating somehow. It's the proverbial car crush. Dude who made it set up a Patreon, surprisingly earned 0 dollars.

It's a long and sometimes boring read, but damn if it isn't worth it. Just felt like you guys would be able to truly appreciate the depths of the horror.
>>
>>51456640
>>
>>51456640
I mean it seems pretty bad but nowhere near as much as you're making it out to be

this causes me to wonder if this is not some sort of attempt at a reverse psychology shill thread
>>
>>51456912
I just want to be able to laugh at it with other people and most of my group's RPG education begins and ends with D&D.
>>
This cannot be a published game. The formatting is so amazingly terrible.
>>
>>51456996
The FORMATTING is what concerns you? Have you seen the CONTENT?

And the guy put it up on fucking PATREON. He expected people to give him a salary so he could dedicate himself to working on this. This is the Sonichu of roleplaying games.
>>
>>51456984
That's what FATAL & Friends is for.
>>
>>51457005
people can play games about whatever the hell they want

the two things you can judge a game on are; how well written is the rulebook, and how well designed are the mechanics

the mechanics are bloated but not atrocious

the formatting is awful

therefore the main thing to complain about here is the formatting
>>
>>51457042
It looks really derivative, in a very childish way, but that's not, like, FATAL bad. Or even Beast.
>>
>>51457579
Yeah, it's basically just World of Darkness as done by a nine years old. It's actually endearing in way.
>>
From page 488

> Lv.6: Target pumpkin turns into a weapon you could afford with your current money. Spend 2 hero to use.

>>51457579
> derivative

Who cares? I'll play a D&D rip-off if it's well designed and fun.
>>
>>51456640
It's not that bad. The weapons list and status effects give it a Final Fantasy feeling.
>>
Then the real question is would you play it?
>>
>>51459113
No? But if I played every RPG I read I wouldn't be done in ten thousand years.
>>
>>51459023
The sad thing is, you're right. Most RPGs are so fucking horridly designed that this game is actually considered okay.
>>
>>51459580
The mechanics are kinda shitty, though. And I can't for the life of me say whether this is intended as a parody of some sort and is just unfunny or if this is somehow supposed to be serious.
>>
>>51456640
This is pretty much just World of Darkness with Princess: The Hopeful thrown in for good measure. What a fucking waste of time.
>>
>>51458456
>From page 488
Thanks, all I needed to know.
>>
>>51461587
Yeah, the book... isn't very well written. There's like a page and half of the rules, setting, basically everything in it than the rest of the thousand pages are just tables and lists of special abilities. And they aren't even interesting, most of them are just variations on "you roll [larger sized die] for [ability]".
>>
>>51456640
The bad side of indie games...
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.