[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Requesting Character Theme Help

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 4

File: BatMaam.png (59KB, 333x523px) Image search: [Google]
BatMaam.png
59KB, 333x523px
I need your help with themed powers, /tg/!

To give some context, I've been playing in a homebrewed d20 One Piece system with some friends for a while now. It's been fun, but I recently stumbled into trouble with conflicting character concepts, thankfully at the end of a session so I have time to think about it. We have a rule about devil fruits (fruits that give your character a themed power suit, like 'fire' or 'rubber' that you then stat powers for), which is that when you have your character eat one, your power is decided by a random word generator rather than GM or player decision. No rerolls, no takebacks.

I finally had my character eat a devil fruit at the end of last session, and her random word was 'Huge'. That's not terrible or anything, but I'm just not sure what to do with it. Pic related is built to be very dexterous and dodgy, so while appeasing giantess fetishists is the most obvious answer, it wouldn't really fit the character theme or mechanics, I think.

What other powers can you think of that would fit the theme of the word 'Huge' that don't rely on growing in size? I'd very much appreciate it.
>>
File: atje2.jpg (9KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
atje2.jpg
9KB, 200x200px
>>51455158
What about taking on aspects of being huge without actually changing size... like weighing hundreds of pounds, or hitting with far more force than someone the character's size should be able to hit.

You could also use "huge" to refer to things besides the character herself. Like the ability to turn glancing wounds into huge gashes and wounds, and on a large scale maybe even damage to things like structures or ships with a good hit. Basically the thing you're making huge isn't yourself but the wounds/damage you inflict.
>>
>>51455230
I like it! Specifically the idea of making one's effects huge without actually being huge. The general idea for making these powers is that they have to have a singular 'effect', which is just used in different ways. So, a person who gets 'flames' would have the effect of creating fire, while the individual statted powers would be stuff like using those flames to jet yourself around, shooting it in a line/cone/ball, or even coating yourself in the stuff to make your punches hurt more. In that case though, it wouldn't let someone control fire that was already present, or shoot lava or anything like that.

So, if the character's power had a central 'effect' that every statted power would be based on, how would you describe it? We tend to roll with anime tropes in the group, so how do you think a character would sum it all up in a sentence?
>>
File: Huge Power.jpg (35KB, 394x385px) Image search: [Google]
Huge Power.jpg
35KB, 394x385px
>>51455356
Sum it up in a single sentence? Probably something along the lines of

>"This character's intent to exert force seems to suffuse into space itself in a way that everything they do has a huge effect, in their hands a knife cuts as deep and jagged as a large sword and their fist hits with the impact of a giant's hammer."
>>
>>51455512
That's grand; I can definitely work with that. Thanks a bunch!

I guess since the purpose of the thread's been fulfilled, let's turn it into a game: one anon uses a word generator or just chooses a word at random. The next anon comes up with a one-sentence summary of what a power themed around that word would entail like you just did, and then posts another word for someone else to work on. I'll start:
>Nightfall
>>
File: Walpurgisnatch.jpg (24KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
Walpurgisnatch.jpg
24KB, 800x450px
>>51455595
>Nightfall
>You can absorb light and heat from the space around you, and with a touch and enough time you can leave anything as dark and cold a frozen starless night.

New Word
>Convulsion
>>
>>51455671
>Convulsion
>You can control muscle movements with various degrees of effectiveness, whether using it to perform herculean feats of strength, making a foe spasm momentarily, or even making intact corpses walk.

New word:
>Officer
>>
>>51455703
>Officer
You can summon up to 6 faceless soldiers that will obey any and all commands you give them for as long as they are around. Keeping them summoned for extended periods of time is exhausting.

>Locus
>>
>>51456263
>Locus
By standing still and concentrating, you can gather information about an event that transpired recently in that area as if you were present.

>Airtight
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.