[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/sss/ Super Stand Sunday

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 132
Thread images: 20

File: Joseph_using_Ripple.png (46KB, 200x119px) Image search: [Google]
Joseph_using_Ripple.png
46KB, 200x119px
Hamon is Underrated Edition

Welcome to the thread for discussing JoJo themed /tg/

Previous thread: >>51407042

For a quick Stand, use the following method-
>http://music.wikia.com/wiki/Music_Wiki
Hit random for the name.
>http://powerlisting.wikia.com/wiki/Superpower_Wiki
Same deal for the powers.
OR just use
>http://www.pages.drexel.edu/~dft29/Stand_Generator/Stand-Generation-Overdrive.html

Then, write it up

>http://jjba.wikia.com/wiki/Stand
Everything you ever wanted to know about Stands, but were too afraid to ask.

We also have a stand archive now!
>https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/12Sr-zwkAho-hJcp4oiy-OAJwqW3Qi7F2fCSGjekEXQs/edit#gid=1373747549

Systems and the thread question in the next post
>>
File: 1485421106206.pdf (1B, 486x500px)
1485421106206.pdf
1B, 486x500px
>>51453854
HOW DO I INTO JOJO /TG/? (In no particular order)
>Mutants & Masterminds
>Marvel Heroic
>FATE
>Savage Worlds
>Monsters and Other Childish Things
>Don't Rest Your Head
>Shadowrun (Adept or Mystic Adept with a Geas of POSING)
>Wild Talents (WIP houserules here: http://pastebin.com/bQqAMV5k (embed) (embed))
>Monsters and other Childish Things
>d10 system being worked on by /tg/ https://docs.google.com/document/d/1tgHTQY5OfUQMxXNLbBQd-Wrwv5fLSax-RGOsXuUUmIs/edit

Thread Question
>Do you use Hamon in your campaign, and if so, how?
>>
How unoriginal am I if my stand is an impregnable suit of spiny armor that I wear and its named Sharp Dressed Man?

the heroes defeat me by depriving me of air[/spoilers]
>>
>>51454771
Honestly anon I like it
A stand you can t defeat by directly attacking

Give it the power that it redirects any force used against it back, like that dude in part 4 with the radio tower.
>>
File: ova-5-1.jpg (93KB, 612x458px) Image search: [Google]
ova-5-1.jpg
93KB, 612x458px
>>51453864
Hamon is fucking great. You can be a shinto ass mother fucker with a wooden. Sword made of blessed tree and turn that shit into a fucking lightsaber
>>
>>51453854
>>51454824
part 2 best part
>>
>>51454926
I felt like Hamon still had a lot of potential and it could have coexisted along side standos. Especially with the crazy stuff they did with it in PT 2
>>
>>51455051
Of course, but I feel like Araki got sick of it, since in part 3 they barely showed it, despite having a master of Hamon as a main protagonist.
>>
Name: Voltaire
Song: Brains!
Type: Punch Ghost

Stats:
Destructive Power: E -> A
Speed: E -> A
Durability: B
Precision: C
Learning: E
Range: D (B with cables)

Appearance:
Voltaire takes on the appearance of an adult human body made entirely out of metal cables.

The Stand becomes more muscular as it gains power.

Despite their metallic appearance, the cables are actually pretty stretchy.

Stand Abilities:

Brain Drain:
Voltaire is capable of extending numerous long cables, each with a small crocodile clip at the end, from its main body. These cables can with their clips latch and lock onto people's heads/faces, allowing it to drain 'brainpower' from them. The people Voltaire is gaining energy from will experience a slow yet steady decline in their cognitive abilities. Such as thinking creatively, coming up with plans, solving complex problems and acting rationally.

The speed at which you lose your cognitive abilities is the same no matter how many cables have latched onto your skin. However, if the clips have latched onto anything metallic that is connected to/in contact with your
head/face, (such as piercings, earrings and tooth fillings) the rate at which your intelligence declines is greatly accelerated. Removing all the cables will cause you to regain your smarts, but this happens a fair bit slower than the speed at which Voltaire absorbs your brainpower.

However, as Voltaire is no longer receiving a constant flow of 'brainpower' from you, the Stand will instantly take a hit to its speed and strength.

Thoughtless Zombies:

Eventually, the intelligence of the person being drained will deteriorate to a point where they're reduced to a drooling, mouth-breathing wreck completely incapable of performing any action themselves. At this point the Stand User can now control the person's body via the connection created by Voltaire's cables. The person affected will still begin to slowly regain his/her intelligence after the cables have been removed.
>>
What's the plot of your game?
>>
>>51456611
Mine is Speedwagon foundation employees try to stop someone with unknown time powers from doing shenanigans in an American city. All the campaigns I ran are basically this.
>>
What do you guys think the plural noun foe Stand users should be? I like the idea of a crusade of stand users (for obvious reasons) but I reckon one of you guys might have something better.
>>
>>51456849
Simple nouns with a mysterious meaning work great as a quick cliche'd name:

The Crusade
The Inquisition (I used that one)
The Syndicate (Also that one)
The Family
The Mob
>>
>>51456849
An Album.
>>
>>51455606
Sounds pretty cool. Good song too
>>
>>51454926
GAY
>>
>>51453864
I handwave/houserule Hamon as being the same thing as whatever stands are made out of, so it can harm stands, and allows Hamon users to see stands and their attacks as blobs of energy.
>>
>>51457486
This is good, I'll be using this.
>>
>>51453854
r8 h8 mastr8

User: Coupe Deville

「Two Heavens」

Destructive Power: C
Speed: C
Range: A
Durability: C
Precision: A
Developmental Potential: B

Appearance:
Slender, female shaped humanoid with chains surrounding the body, alternating between heart shaped links and star shaped links. One half of the body is colored cream, the other a deep purple. The head is sphere shaped with a single camera lens in the center, and three small angelic wings sprouting from either side, resembling a car emblem. The hands of the figure look distinctly mechanical with exposed servos and hydraulics making them up. On each hand is one half of a Yin and Yang symbol.

Stand Ability:
Two Heavens can attract two similar objects. The more similar the objects are, the quicker and more forcefully Two Heavens can attract them, as well as extending the range at which it can perform this ability. If two objects are perfect, Two Heavens theoretically has an infinite range. The user must either know the two objects intimately or have one in his possession. Two Heavens cannot target living creatures, and the objects must be distinctly separate from from other entities. For example: Two Heavens could target two cars, but not two car doors.

Two Heavens can also force two dissimilar objects apart from each-other, with the criteria for how forceful this ability acts being the inverse of it's attraction ability.

The larger an object, the more effort it takes for Two Heavens to move it, but the objects being more similar can assist it in this task.
>>
So I rolled Green Day on the music wiki, a lot of potentially good names but I really dig the name "September Ends". I dunno what powers would be, we have a lot of time manipulation stuff in canon already.
>>
>>51457878
Great stand, mate.
>>51457950
Maybe something along the lines of cyclical manipulation? Ability to manipulate objects and concepts that are cyclical in nature, like years or wheels.
>>
File: Screenshot_92.png (564KB, 423x670px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_92.png
564KB, 423x670px
>>51457976
Another. Hopefully my players aren't watching.

User: Bostaph

「Rough Trade」

Destructive Power: A
Speed: A
Range: C
Durability: B
Precision: B
Developmental Potential: E

Appearance:
See image, lazy.

Stand Ability:
Rough Trade can steal the momentum and inertia out of an object and anything touching that object and 'chamber' it into one of it's fists. When Rough Trade releases this energy, it adds the mass and inertia to it's attack, spread over the area of one of it's fists or finger tips. Rough Trade can only chamber two object's momentum and inertia at a time, and must dissipate or use it before being able to do so, it also cannot steal this from another stand.
>>
>>51457564
Well, old Joseph did once say that one's ability to manifest a Stand was partially based on their innate affinity for the Ripple. (So genetics?)

Would that mean that Pillar Men are unable to manifest Stands without going Ultimate Lifeform? Since they have absolutely zero affinity for it.

What do you guys think about that?
>>
>>51458441
But Dio was able to manifest a Stand and he's just as weak, if not weaker to the Ripple than the Pillar Men. I would assume they could do it if they used the arrowhead or something, but probably not "naturally".

A game I ran previous involved Santana waking up from containment (he never gets killed, remember? He's just hanging out in the Speedwagon Foundation), and is penetrated by an arrowhead and manifests a stand, and a B team of stand users have to mop it up while Jotaro and company were off sorting out Dio.
>>
>>51458509
I feel like Dio would get a pass, as the stone mask merely gave him a weakness to Hamon and sunlight. He could easily have had an innate affinity for it beforehand.

But yeah. You'd probably need to poke with the arrow to get any results.

And you gave Santana a Stand? Neat. What did it do/stats?
>>
>>51458689
「Shadowplay」It was basically just a halo that manifested around his head and arms. He could manipulate shadows with it to keep himself safe from the sun, move through them, and use it so he could actually harm stands and 'drink' from them like they were the user.
>>
So I was toying with the idea of a Stand (bound to an object) that would allow ordinary people to see 'spirits' such as Stands and ghosts. Anyone got some songs that would fit that power?

I was thinking of "Overkill" by Men At Work. A Stand bound to a heart, which was used in a heart transplant after the original user died in a car accident.

Or "Sunglasses at night" by Corey Hart. Which would be a pair of seemingly ordinary shades.
>>
>>51457976
That's good, but broken as fuck. You'd need to give it to a dumbass.
>>
>>51458828
Eyes Without a Face
>>
>>51458828
Third Eye Blind?
>>
>>51458828
What U See is What U Get
Have You Ever Seen the Rain
Turn the Lights Off
Wish I Knew You
>>
Give me some BBEG tier abilities. Doesn't need to be related with time/space.
>>
>>51459003

>>51458253

The ability to make someone forget
Health/Condition swap
>>
File: New York Minute.png (1MB, 1784x960px) Image search: [Google]
New York Minute.png
1MB, 1784x960px
How would you turn Empathy into a stand power?
>>
>>51459003
Anything related to resurection and mass mind control.
>>
>>51459003
Alright, you asked for it; this one's a teeny bit complicated:

King Crimson meets Mandom meets GER.

I like to call it Wonderwall.

It takes the last X seconds (X can be tweaked as balance needs) and...rearrange them. You know how KC can remove an effect but keep the cause, while GER can remove a cause but keep the effect?

Well, Wonderwall puts the effect before the cause. Specifically, it separates every distinct "event" that happens and then...rearranges them. A car drives by. An opponent throws a punch. Wonderwall's user gets hit. and stumbles into the oncoming car.

In his final moment, Wonderwall's user activates the ability.

The "events" are: "a punch is thrown" "a car drives by" "someone is hit" "someone stumbles into the car".

Wonderwall would rearrange them so that "someone stumbles into the car" comes before "a punch is thrown". The someone happens to be the one who originally threw the punch. That "someone is hit", and then Wonderwall's user "throws a punch".

It's a bit silly, and overly complicated, but as a villain Stand I think it gets that pass.

its final form, requiem or further arrow-empowered user upgrade is called Wndrwll and takes the last X seconds and then creates a localised pocket of time where the events of those X seconds are the only things that can happen.
>>
>>51459003
Why not use space/time related abilities?
It does seem to be tradition.
>>
>>51459059
I had an idea for one that kind of turned empathy into punchghosts eventually.

「Stereo Hearts」
A stand in three ACTS.

ACT 1 「Cupid's Chokehold」 gives the user are of effect empathy, allowing them to read the emotions of people around them. This gives them insight into how they'll act and how they'll attack.
ACT 2 「Gym Class Heroes」 gives the user greater finesse and control over their empathy, as well as manifest small projections from areas of concentrated emotion. These projections are the same whenever they are created, and have personalities of their own.
ACT 3 「The Fighter」 gives the user the ability to not only read emotion but to push their emotions onto others in the range of their empathy. Their projections also grow in size, becoming much closer to minor humanoid stands as opposed to small familiars.
>>
File: IMG_6976.jpg (271KB, 554x696px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6976.jpg
271KB, 554x696px
>>51459059
>empathy: the ability to understand and share the feelings of another.

Might I suggest pic related perchance? It's a con, but I guess guilt could be a form of empathy.
>>
>>51459003
A white-album style suit stand that doesn't slow down time, but instead speeds you up so fast that everything begins going in a sort of really, really slow-motion.

This speed-boost, instead of being a time-stop, results in anything the BBEG having strength-boosts to his/her punches, as well as causing them to tear up anything they walk past in the speed-up.

Instead of being a time-stop where you can gently move things or set things in motion, you're going so fast that everything is just slow in comparison, and thus everything you touch gets either ripped apart or tossed wildly unless you grab it.

The only issue is that since that is how it works, instead of looking godlike like Dio or Diavolo, you're basically a force of nature.

Not sure about a name for it though, but I personally like the idea of a rock or rap song for it.

>Destructive Power: A
>Speed: A
>Range: E
>Durability: B
>Precision: C
>Development: E
>>
>>51459212
That's not empathy though; it's just a stand with an emotional trigger like Enigma.
>>
Anyone know of some songs or albums with Lock or Key being in the title?
>>
>>51459427
Locked Away
Key To My Heart
Lock A Little Sunbeam Down In Your Heart
Lock And Key
Owner Of A Lonely Heart
Heartbreaker
>>
>>51459532
Why did I read Key as Heart...
>>
>>51459154
It doesn't NEED to be, but it can.
>>
>>51453854
/sss/, I'm looking for a character theme I've go everything else but I can't place what a good theme would be.

The stand is called 「Rule Britannia」, it's a section of eight, 3' tall Zulu Wars styled British infantrymen that continually fortify the area around the user using both local resources and ones they can 'requisition' i.e. spawn if left in on place for long enough.

The user is someone of noble birth running from her destiny but still holding romantic ideals of chivalry and honour in their heart.

I though maybe The British Grenadiers but I feared it may be a little slow.
>>
Gonna spitball an idea here, please leave feedback. Trying to prepare some bad guys / general villains to DM a jojo with.

「Who」

Destructive Power: B
Speed: B
Developmental Potential: A

Appearance:
a floating mirror, it places itself onto the stand users face during battle in the appearance of a mask similar to a "phantom of the opera" half-mask. The reflection in the mirror shows what sort of effect the stand user is under / mimicking.

Stand Ability: "Consumptive Mimicry"
By having the stand user devouring a living creature or part of a living creature,「Who」can transfer a 'quality' of that specimen to the stand user for a short amount of time, with stronger qualities taking up more energy and thereby having shorter-lasting effects. For example, by eating an ant, 「Who」can give the stand user a massive increase to proportional strength (likely for only a small while) or take on other qualities of the ant, such as hivemind instincts or poisonous bites. Whilst under the effect of a quality, the mirror in 「Who」's design shows the face of the devoured creature.
>>
File: Pillar Men insides.png (4MB, 1920x972px) Image search: [Google]
Pillar Men insides.png
4MB, 1920x972px
How probable is it that the Pillar Men's bones could be borderline metallic?

Their color, as well as the weird skull Esidisi is revealed to have almost looks like some sort of naturally occurring horm rotation mechanism. Could it be that the Pillar Men have naturally occurring gears in their bodies?That could explain how the teeth on Kars' Light Blades are capable of high speed movement. Same with Wamuu's arms during a Divine Sandstorm.

And Jesus. It looks like they have... skull ribs? Protecting their brain instead of solid bone.

The Pillar Men suddenly seem a lot more alien.
>>
>>51459810
Dang it I was making metal people.
Now I'll have to change it.
>>
File: baoh_by_roboworks-d6w7ano.jpg (203KB, 717x1115px) Image search: [Google]
baoh_by_roboworks-d6w7ano.jpg
203KB, 717x1115px
>>51459810
Ability to play as an Armed Phenomenon when
>>
You think turning into water is a big enough drawback for a stand that can grant eternal life?
>>
>>51453854
User: Sissel
Type: Special (User became stand)

「Ghost Trick」
Destructive Power: E
Range: E
Durability: ?

Appearance: A spectral orb of blue fire, with a white core.

Stand abilities:

Ghost: The stand shifts its existence to an overlaying dimension referred to as the realm of the dead, where time ceases to flow but interaction with physical objects is impossible. In this realm, it can travel to certain objects that contain a possession core, though only if the object is within range of its abilities - otherwise, the stand is immobile. Phone lines can be used for instantaneous travel over long distances. In essence, this ability is used for instantaneous movement along any distance, so long as cores are present to allow for it.

Trick: Used to manipulate objects that are currently being possessed. Incapable of exerting much strength, though a clever use of the environment can make up for this fault.

Rewind: The possession of a deceased corpse, besides the user's own, allows for the user to travel back to four minutes prior to their death any number of times. In doing so, the stand is sometimes capable of using the environment and its abilities to prevent their death from occurring - the act of doing so rewrites the timeline, and accomplishes the otherwise impossible task of fully ressurecting the dead. If the victim's spirit had achieved conciousness by the time this ability is used to save them, they remain fully aware of the events that occurred in the old timeline.
>>
>>51459810
That's fascinating, but I have nothing to really add.
So have this instead?
http://kars-in-space.tumblr.com/
>>
File: ghost_trick_header.jpg (343KB, 1025x594px) Image search: [Google]
ghost_trick_header.jpg
343KB, 1025x594px
>>51460239
Can you elaborate? Does the person it grants the eternal life turns into water?

>>51460731
I love that game. It's a pretty cool idea to turn it into a stand.
>>
>>51460824
The name of the game is pretty fitting for a stand, i have to say
>>
「Running Out」
Power: E
Range: D
Potential: E
「Running Out」looks a bit like a mannequin; thin limbs, slender, and no defining features besides the hole where its ass would be.
「Running Out」's ability is Deadline. The stand user can designate a specific action that needs to be finished by a specific "Deadline". Once the "Deadline" is about to hit (within 1-2 hours), the user can reach into the hole on 「Running Out」and pull something out that could be used to sufficiently finish the "Deadline's" task. If the task remains unfinished by the time the "Deadline" is up, the user could die.
>>
>>51459697
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HyJ31An6L0U
>>
>>51460824
The stand is water, and things that drink from it gain immortality but at a price.
If you slowly sip the water, taking only a few mouthfuls every ten years or so you'll just gain an extremely long lifespan. You can still be killed, and it is possible for you to eventually die from old age. Most never reach true death, instead their body grows dependent on water as they slowly liquefy, eventually joining the giant pool beneath the spring formed of others like them.

You can also choose to fully immerse yourself in the spring and be granted permanence, but I'm still working on that.

Does what I have so far sound good?
>>
>>51461200
Pretty good, yeah.
>>
>>51461220
Just going to be honest the real reason why I want to make this stand is for there to be slightly-liquidized dinosaurs wondering around the swampy backwaters of Florida.
>>
File: LjbQ1Vl.png (1MB, 1360x768px) Image search: [Google]
LjbQ1Vl.png
1MB, 1360x768px
>>51460731
Aw yes. Ghost Trick was a great game!

And it even had its very own superpower granting meteorite.

>>51460817
Poor Kars. I wonder if he's already half comatose, or if he's still wishing for death?

Anyway, these are dead humans we can see in this image, right? Possibly from one of the tribes that worshiped the Pillar Men?

Which civ would you say it most likely belonged to? Inca, Maya or Aztec?

Coming up with something featuring Pillar Men from before Kars killed them all is proving quite a challenge, as Araki cannot into history and had the Pillar Men be worshiped by humans before they were advanced enough to form proper civilizations and build typical south American pyramids.

Should I just gloss over that part?
>>
Here's an idea for a new challenge. Post two or more related Stand ideas, or come up with the abilities for them.

I'll start.

「Cream City」
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BczPvFV1Q-I
「Sugar Town」
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pjsh2j7W6Bo
>>
>>51461619
You could always make up your own civilization. Maybe they were more adcanced than the others but were wiped out once they did something that the Pillar Men didn't like.
>>
>>51462166
[Sugar Town] is a gigantic village-sized stand. It appears as a town where all the buildings and structures are made of a different type of treat: chocolate fountains, gingerbread homes, candy cane street lamps, etc.
Ingesting a part of the stand makes the victim overwhelmed by sweet taste and cured of diseases. After eating a few more bites, the victim cannot stop.
Eventually, the victim is pulled into the stand entirely and emerges as a new building or structure in the town.
Due to the massive size of the stand, even non-stand users can see and eat the stand.

>Basically Hanzel and Gretel + Pearl Jam.
>>
>>51453864
> Games
Wushu.

> Hamon
In my last campaign yes. I played around with the idea that vampiric/energy absorbing Stands temporarily change into supercharged forms when they absorb Hamon.
>>
cool stands here

http://princessahrairah.tumblr.com/tagged/stands
>>
>Nazis continue experimenting on Santana
>Stroheim loudly protests, gets sent to the Eastern Front for his trouble
>Head scientist Rammstein begins harvesting tissues from Santana fleshy and petrified both
>Platoon of bootleg pillar Nazis formed

Can something be done with these autistic ramblings?
>>
>>51466372
make the nazi zombie pillar soldiers autistic and i think you got yourself a campaign
>>
How would you apply speed and precision of stands into a game?

For speed I was thinking of how quickly you can summon a stand.

But I'm not sure how exactly precision affected stands at all in the manga.
>>
>>51466697
Maybe how many people the stand can effect at a given time?
A stand with Low precision can effect many people at once, maybe even the entire world! One with high precision has a very specific use and can only be used one at a time.
>>
>>51466790
Shouldn't precision be a good thing? Considering you'd have to sacrifice other stats to increase it.
>>
>>51466475
>REEEE instead of WRYYY
kek
>>
>>51466697
It varies on a stand to stand basis. Precision is always a good thing.
Say the stand [Alt-Human] can turn the user into any material.
D precision lets him turn his arms and legs separately.
C lets him turn his hands, feet, parts of torso separately.
B lets him turn his fingernails and individual strands of hair.
A would let him turn specific MOLECULES into different material.
Of course, different stands can use Precision with differing degree of usefulness.
>>
>>51460731
Missile's power could also be pretty crazy.

Bring able to swap the location of two similarly shaped objects could lead to some shenanigans for creative players.
>>
>>51470512
Im thinking that the ghost tricks shown by missile and yomiel could pretty reasonably be abilities gained by the stand as it grows or evolves.
>>
>>51460731
>Meteorites that grant strange and usual abilities
>Fragments/pieces of said meteorite can rapidly accelerate the development of powers when someone who already possesses them are exposed to it
>>
>>51470668
Is Ghost Trick actually... set in JoJo's Bizarre Adventures?

Holy fuck.
>>
>>51456611
Post-apoc cyber punk mega city, invaded by stabd weilding waste land bandits called the highway stars, only one of the players havd a stand, and the rest have powers of there own, not sure of everyone should get a stand.
>>
A stand that turns people into trees.
>>
>>51472789
Can your players other than the stand user even see and interact with the enemy stands?
>>
>>51472798
They cant, and im not even sure if they want stands
>>
>>51459003
I had a BBEG whose stand 「Back In Black」 could heal any injury at the expense of the users life span shortening
Seems weak for a BBEG right except that he gets another power from the CORPSE equivalent in my game, this ability 「Black Ice」allowed him to use anothers life span to heal himself and others as well as replenish and extend his own

「Back In Black」
Destructive Power: A
Range: B
Durability: A
Developmental Potential: C
>>
Can I have a stand that does everything?
>>
>>51473050
that would be an over heaven stand.
>>
>>51473050
Who would want to play that?
>>
>>51473459
So I can do anything better than you!
Your stand freezes time? So does mine! For 11 seconds!!! And it shoots lazerbeams!!
>>
File: Speedwagon_Foundation_Anime.png (763KB, 1280x634px) Image search: [Google]
Speedwagon_Foundation_Anime.png
763KB, 1280x634px
How prominently is the SPW Foundation featured in your games /tg/?
>>
>>51474338
The central hub - the questgiver, the supplier, the PC employer and the convienent way to bring new characters into the game after PCs die.
>>
File: IMG_2731.jpg (702KB, 1795x3448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2731.jpg
702KB, 1795x3448px
I drew a concept for a stand, probably going to change it up but figured it might be interesting. Original idea for a name was Creedence Clearwater Revival, but I like 「The Knack」 more.
Open to ideas for abilities, best I have is that it sends targets into a Dream state that it can manipulate to the victims fancys or fears.
>>
>>51459003
The stand I have planned for my game's BBEG has the ability to "lock" things in stasis kind of like kraftwerk.

The stand places one of the many locks covering its body onto a target, and the user chooses what he wants to stop. (So if the stand touched your hand, the user could lock your hand, finger, or your entire arm.)

This ability also keeps anything it locks in its current state until the lock is removed. So, if the stand were to put a person in stasis for a number of years, they wouldn't age.

Still haven't come up with a name yet though
>>
>>51456611
Shipment of mysterious artifacts to a facility in the big city is interrupted by a gang war. Now the stand-granting artifacts have circulated through the city's underground, ending up in the possession of the most prominent gang bosses.

These gangs have all but taken over the city by turning each able member into a stand user.

However, once the original flux of stand user production has slowed to a stop, and most of them locked up or killed, one man unknown to any of the gangs is going around shooting seemingly random civilians with an arrow.
>>
A stand user like Straights or Will A. Zeppelli could probably wreck most stand users with surprise attacks
>>
>>51474338
Currently, it's only been mentioned passively. A character was listening to an Alex Jones type on the radio, and he want on a rant about that the Speedwagon foundations are globalists with ties to British nobility, the nazis, big business and the occult.
>>
>>51470668
>>51472716

Holy shit, it would explain a lot of stuff.
Including all the poses of Cabanela.
Especially those.
>>
>>51477696
Also consider Ghost Trick is arguably also in the Ace Attorney setting.

We could potentially have Ace Attorney's Bizarre Adventures here
>>
>>51477696
And the ancient traditional panic dance

And the fact that someone, somewhere, had the resources to build, maintain, and hide the true purpose of a research facility prison

Speedwagon foundation was clearly suspecting vampires or stands instead of ghosts
>>
>>51476386
Read Steel Ball Run.
>>
>>51474338
Pretty much the group's vehicle supplier and general benefactor though after the party's handholder (and the guy that arranges the transport) dies the foundation'll have a more prominent role.
>>
>>51478202
>And the ancient traditional panic dance

>Safety Dance is a stand passed down for generations, but the translation got muddled somewhere along the way
>>
>>51478202
>Blue skinned villains, blue is traditionally a color used to denote a corpse
>Two with degenerated vision, one with glasses to fix it
>One with a supernatural sixth sense
>One is cybernetic
Zombie minions searching for a method to gain a stand?
>>
File: Techa Nina.jpg (80KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
Techa Nina.jpg
80KB, 500x500px
Okay, I'm coming up with a BBEG stand that I plan to use in a campaign that's urban/war-torn city themed.

The user is the head of a gang that more or less rules this large, New York/Chicago/Los Angeles style city which is about the size of all of them combined, and ten times as violent. He likes to act like he's a decent guy, a class act with his shit together. Basically like if the Ben Affleck Daredevil movie's Kingpin ruled a combination of Escape from NY and Escape from LA.

His stand: 「Tech N9ne」
>Destructive Power: E - A
>Speed: B
>Range: E - A
>Precision: B
>Developmental Potential: A

「Tech N9ne」 takes the appearance of a black humanoid from the torso up, with a totally flat head which has a black n white clown's face painted on one side of its face, with the other half being the same design with inversed colors.There are three silver bangles, tight to the arms, on each arm, starting at the wrist.

Abilities:
>「Vintage Tech」: Tech N9ne seizes control of an item nearby, warping it into a devilish, semi-clowny version of said item, which is either hypertoughened or works exceptionally well. Example: Tech N9ne seizes a revolver-- the gun is black and white, covered in a swirled pattern, and now fires bullets of a larger caliber.

Improvement/Kira-style Power-up through practice:
>「Welcome To Strangeland」: Everything within a certain radius comes under the effect of 「Vintage Tech」, and works for the user only. The range increases with each encounter the party has with the user, as he continually practices. Sort-of ramshackle golems of random Vintage'd items begin taking shape at the final encounter.

Requiem Form (Yeah, I know, fuck Requiem Stands):
>「K.O.D.」 or 「Show Me A God」: At this final stage of development, if the party can't stop him from getting to this level, the ability 「Vintage Tech」 finally affects living creatures-- the weaker their will, the easier it is to warp it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lhU8DVP6mls
>>
File: Sith.png (87KB, 295x383px) Image search: [Google]
Sith.png
87KB, 295x383px
>>51472716
My god.

Quick! What would be good Stand names for the other characters?

>>51477975
>Ace Attorney's Bizarre Ghost Trick Adventures

Holy shit. The three universes actually fit together really, really well. And coming up with a story that brings them all together wouldn't be too difficult.

>Several killing sprees where the killer is obviously a Stand user have occurred
>An innocent person is as usual framed for the murders
Maybe Jolyne or Josuke?

> The Speedwagon foundation fears that Stands being revealed to the public could spark mass panic
>Phoenix Wright is hired as an attorney, due to his experiences with the supernatural
>Lynne is part of the investigation, dragging the Ghost Trick crew into the mix
Sissel, Missile and (possibly) Yomiel attempt to save the victims, the plot beginning to thicken as more details regarding their deaths are brought to light. Or if they can keep them alive long enough the court to hear their witness testimony.

>It's eventually revealed that they're dealing with a group of Stand using serial killers
It would eventually lead to a full blown Stand fight in the middle of the courtroom, as Phoenix is desperately trying to keep calm and attempting to prevent his client from getting the guilty verdict.

>>51478391
You know, since Stone Ocean and the localization of AA takes place in America, then you could possibly also draw the Pillar Men into the mix. Maybe the bad guys have the petrified body of a member of the Pillar Men species in their possession? Maybe a young child that got stuck in hibernation mode?

With the bad guys wanting to use it for some bizarre world domination plot.
>>
>>51478671
The courtroom is no place for a fight!
>>
File: SAFETY DANCE.gif (114KB, 142x103px) Image search: [Google]
SAFETY DANCE.gif
114KB, 142x103px
>>51478247
>>51478202

Couldn't help it:

「Safety Dance」

Power: E
Durability: A

This stand activates when the ancient traditional panic dance is performed and lasts as long the dance is maintained without interruptions. Increasing the dance's speed, increases the effect as well.

The user is protected from everything. It deals and works against bad luck, bad vibes, fear, even illness such as stomach aches. Even other stands or people cannot bring harm or affect the user while the dance takes place.
>>
>>51478940
The only thing it doesn't protect you from is hurtful words
>>
File: Untitled2.png (167KB, 622x488px)
Untitled2.png
167KB, 622x488px
>>51478671
Maybe have the whole thing go full circle and have the meteorite that fell in ghost trick be Kars (I imagine while floating through space he'd have collided with a few meteors and gotten chunks of them stuck to his body).

>The bad guys are chipping off chunks of the meteorite to make new stand users/arrows
>Eventually then chip off enough to reveal Kars
>Kars has amnesia because he stopped thinking and can't remember how to use his powers
>Kars gets arrested after being found by Gumshoe in the serial killers hideout
>Ghost Trick crew find out he came from the meteorite via Ghost Trick shenanigans
>Phoenix has to defend Kars in court so they can find out more about the meteorite and the real killers
>Eventually the killers are caught and Kars reawakens but gets sent back into space thanks to Jolyne trapping him with Stone Free just long enough for even more Ghost Trick shenanigans (like Missile swapping a toy rocket with the real thing to propel him into space)
>>
>>51478671
>>51478940
>The poor policeman is caught in the middle of the group's bloodbath of a killing spree
>The horror made him instinctively preform the panic dance
>In his most desperate hour, Safety Dance awakens
>Now fearless, he manages to escape the carnage by sneakily dancing his way out of the building

>>51479149
Kars returning to with amnesia sounds fucking hilarious. I fucking love it. Even if it's pretty crack.

And the villains making multiple Stand arrows sounds pretty neat. Maybe from the Temsik meteorite?

And oh yes. We must have Missile ghost fuckery.

Say, since we have multiple heroes with time based powers, wouldn't it be fair for multiple villains to have time based powers?
>>
>>51479436
>Say, since we have multiple heroes with time based powers, wouldn't it be fair for multiple villains to have time based powers?

I'd say so, plus it'd knock the ridiculousness up another notch.

>Group goes to the scene of another murder
>Turns out it was a trap set by the killers
>When the Ghost Trick crew use 4 minutes before death they encounter someone else who has Ghost Trick powers (maybe have it be from the person who died a la carne?)
>Keeps ruining their attempts to save the person from dying essentially locking the crew in a sort of groundhog day/Bites The Dust loop.
>They get through it via some good ol' JoJo bullshit

How about this for an intro?
>Jolyne's been arrested for a crime she didn't commit (I feel that Jolyne would be better than Josuke since she lives in America plus she and Stone Free don't get enough love)
>Jotaro gets in contact with Phoenix to defend his daughter because he's too busy seducing marine life or some shit
>Phoenix gets offed by the killers
>Just so happens he knows Lynne (or maybe Maya knows her?) somehow so they investigate his death
>Save him while at the same time uncovering that the killers are using Stands
>>
>>51480653
>Maya has a special possession core that allows you to briefly take control of her, with her adopting your physical traits
>Sissel in her outfit?
>Maya with sissel hair?
>Sissel with tits?
I know it's technically yomiel's appearance, but it's what I associate with sissel
>>
>>51459213
>This speed-boost, instead of being a time-stop, results in anything the BBEG having strength-boosts to his/her punches, as well as causing them to tear up anything they walk past in the speed-up.
>Not sure about its name though

Wave of Mutilation?
>>
Idea for a Stand. Spur of the moment idea.

「Pinball Wizard」
Destructive Power: B
Speed: B
Endurance/Staying: B

Mechanism:「Pinball Wizard」merges with its surroundings up to its Range in total area.

Within the affected area「Pinball Wizard」can manifest from any collection of surfaces. The Stand will be composed of whatever materials it manifests from.「Pinball Wizard」is "anchored" to the surface of its manifestation area though but the affected area can be moved.

「Pinball Wizard」can also warp, manipulate, and otherwise temporarily reshape the surface area it inhabits but affected areas return to their original shapes after「Pinball Wizard」stops manipulating it or stops manifesting from it. Damage done to these surfaces remains though.
>>
>>51474338
Benefactor primarily with several characters being connected in some way to the Foundation

The Foundations Headquarters was the site of a pretty bitchin Stand battle when the BBEG and crew raided it for the MacGuffin
>>
Stand: Hear You Sigh
Power: Auditory Psychometry
Type: Utility

Stats:
Destructive Power: E
Durability: N/A
Learning: B
Range: B

Taking form as a lighter the user can summon at will, This stand's power allows the user to see the past or future of an object by listening to the sound it makes. Which part they see depends on the circumstance. If it will make the same noise again later, and such an event relates to the user, the user will see the future. If investigating the past of an object/person, they will see when a certain sound was made in the past. It can be applied to words, but the phrasing has to be exact, or no visions will happen.

To activate the ability, the user must also be within "sensory range" of an object lit by the lighter. This could be smelling the smoke, seeing the flame, or hearing it crackle. The flame must be lit for the vision to continue, and if it is snuffed, the user will be unable to use it's power until another flame is lit. Another limitation is it is not selective. In a noisy location, the many different sounds will drown out the users intended target, overwhelming them with different visions overlapping.

The stand itself has little to no combat capabilities, besides possibly lighting an enemy on fire, so if the user is in a fight, they must use their future sight to try and dodge attacks based on the sounds they make.

A stand I quickly came up with when some friends and I were chatting about Jojo, and the power wiki game me this ability during said discussion. It's kinda fun I think, but could stand tweaking. I don't like how I just make the ability "visions," and it could also use some limitations on it's capabilities for seeing the past/future. Maybe the user can only see the future in the flames or something? lemme know what you guys think
>>
>>51483944
Make it a bullshit villain's stand.
Anything they observe from the past or future can be burnt by touching the flame to the location of the vision.

Villain uses this to douse enemies in gasoline and ignite them with flames they couldnt predict, since they come out of nowhere.
Villain also uses this to commit serial arson and murder.
>>
>>51484057
That's really cool actually anon. I can see some ideas for some fun synergy with other villain stands.
>>
>>51458509
Dio's a special case where it was jonathans body, not him, that manifested the stand, which is the reason the rest of the joestar family was also affected by it. Its also the reason jotaro and dio have similar stand powers, and why dio can do things similar to hermit purples photography thing.

Dio himself has no stand, in so far as he himself as a being would, but jonathans body does.
>>
>>51484724
Then why did alternate world Diego have the world
>>
>>51484888
Because the author was running out of idea's and wanted a cheap way to bring back easily his best and most popular Antagonist? Perhaps its because fuck alternate world theory? or maybe the author simply forgot most of the arbitrary rules and offhand notes he put into place at one point or another.

There's any number of reasons, and all of them lead me to say fuck the author and fuck stands. Hamon was always better.
>>
>>51484975
So you're just mad
>>
>>51484888
I think it is a case of Dio's soul manifesting 「The World」. DIO's the world looks slightly different from Diego's 「The World」 this might be because of Jonathan's body effecting it.
In SBD Diego basically stole 「Scary Monsters」 by using one of the corpse parts when his alternate universe self showed up with 「The World」 i took it as meaning that it was his default stand
I assume that if Jonathan ever manifested a Stand it would probably either be 「Tusk」 or that Hermit Purple looking thing DIO used once
>>
>>51485063
No, i'm saying that no matter how you try to define it, something the author has said at some point will directly contradict it, whether that be stand rules or some other arbitrary comment. The link to the joestar family is the most concrete thing to go by, being the basis for an entire season/part, and as such is more or less the canon explanation, at least in its own universe.

The issue with stands is that its a wide concept they tried to narrow down while keeping the grand scope of abilities. The reason i say hamon is better is because its a simple concept with any number of uses. One causes any number of inconsistencies, the other simply does.
>>
>>51485157
What could a Ripple-based Part 3 be?
>>
>>51485276
I'm not sure i understand the question.
>>
>>51485287
If we accept Ripple > Stands then what could Part 3 have been like with Ripple instead?
>>
Can someone help me to name my stand or give me criticism on it?

Current name: 「 SPEED OF LIFE」
Power: Velocity Manipulation
Type: Humanoid Punching Ghost

Power: A

This stand has the ability to manipulate the velocity of objects, including lifeforms and the stand's own user. The stand or user must be touching the object that the user wishes to manipulate the velocity of for as long as the velocity is being manipulated (i.e. if the user lets go of an object, it no longer moves at that velocity and begins to slow to a stop unless acted upon by other forces). This stand cannot defy other forces, such as gravity or friction: if a car's brakes are being held down, the stand could not force the car forward, for example. The stand cannot modify the velocity of other stands.

Could anyone suggest alternative names or give me feedback?
>>
>>51485322
Well, if we use ripple, most of their abilities would still be possible. Fire? great. Super fast accurate swordsmanship? great. Divination? great. Frankly, hermit purples form is probably a direct result of josephs ripple abilities, thus being "Natural" if only in appearance and "capable of conducting ripple"

Some of the more out there ones would be suspect, but the only ones that really would need explaining are Star platinum and Za Warudo's time stopping.

The easiest explanation is that dio's vampire shtick with ice hit its extreme conclusion and stops (Freezes) time, while jotaro figures out how to accelerate himself to the point where he can also move in stopped time, albeit only for a couple seconds.

In so far as all this crap goes, part 3 would be more or less the same with or without ripple.

Ripple barely has any rules, and as such can be used for almost any purpose, with the right train of thought. Stands are just an excuse to shorten that process and have people be so far over the power line of previous parts so as to make hamon near useless. Most of the stuff that ripple can't explain, magic. There's already shit outside the ripple rules (which barely exist), and outside stand rules for that matter.

Its just a matter of thinking through the process of how something works, rather than just saying it does.
>>
>>51485421
To put this more simply, its just the difference between a player loading up on abilities because they think more abilities makes them better at roleplay, and other players roleplaying their finite abilities ingenuitively for the same effect.
>>
>>51485412
「 SPEED OF LIFE」-> 「Initial D」
User: A recently-successful street racer, who challenges the protagonists to a race

The stand is clearly superior for racing in difficult courses, because it can shift velocity from mega-fast to NOTHING in order to legitimately turn on a dime.
>>
>>51485571
Wouldn't it be 「Running in the 90s」In that case?
>>
>>51485606
Initial D sounds better as a name
And there's a lot of driving-relevant songs they make. Like gas gas gas
>>
>>51485679
Fair enough. Initial D is probably better as a name, but i was going for the most popular song name in the series.

Either way, it doesn't quite work as well as it could.
>>
File: jjba part 9 live action.png (922KB, 1434x865px) Image search: [Google]
jjba part 9 live action.png
922KB, 1434x865px
Thread posts: 132
Thread images: 20

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.