[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Noko

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: 1470828477933.gif (1MB, 300x200px) Image search: [Google]
1470828477933.gif
1MB, 300x200px
Hey /tg/
Gonna start collecting an army for WH40K but not sure where to start, Been thinking it over for a few weeks now. Any suggestions? Want some insight before I drop dollars on GW fuckass expensive models.
>>
Have you looked over the possible armies, and do any of them appeal to you aesthetically? If so, pick up the Start Collecting box for that army, play a few games, find out what you're missing, build from there.

Or are you more of a crunch person, and you just want to run something that will be competitive in tournaments? The WH40k general thread can help you pick out something meta.
>>
>>51453504
Im honestly not too concerned with the meta really. I know its always changed with codex updates and my super buff army could be shit in a few months. I really like the Look of Genestealer Cults and Orks. Also like Skitarii but they have a limited unit roster and i'd like at least some flexibility.
>>
>>51453574

Orks are, from what I understand, hilariously bad. Certain units are fun, but on the whole you'd be fighting uphill battles the majority of the time.

I don't know much about Genestealer cults, but a few minutes' research indicates they're a horde army with decent shooting, great melee, and a lot of tricky ambush tactics. Sounds like fun, but be prepared to assemble and paint a lot of models.

Skitarii are actually my main army right now - they're best fielded with Cult Mechanicus allies, and have several formations where you combine units from the two armies. In my opinion, they're the most 'glass-cannon' army in the game, with some of the best guns around, okay melee, the ability to buff one of those at the expense of the other, but weak defensively. Also badass cyborgs.
>>
>>51453462

Fuck rules, fuck meta, fuck crunch. Get an army you like. If you don't like the looks and you don't like the fluff, you won't have fun playing it at all. Check this link out here:

http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Main_Page

If a certain army catches your interest, just search them in here. Read about em, see if you like the cut of their jib.
>>
>>51453647
Ah, I was wondering why Skitarii and Cult mech had tiny rosters, they have to be fielded together, I REALLY like their look. Are they more glass cannon compared to Eldar/Dark Eldar?
>>
>>51453695
Thanks anon, thats what i'm going for, I figure i'm not playing competitively anyway
>>
>>51453705

Skitarii have Toughness 3 and a 4+ save across the board, so they're at least stronger than Guardians. Also no vehicle with higher armor than 12 hurts a bit. They mostly focus on alternative survival strategies - Feel No Pain is standard, Infiltrators and Dragoons get bonuses to cover saves, and your tanks and Sicarians get invulnerable saves.

On the other hand, they aren't lacking offense in the slightest - Arc Rifles glance any vehicle on a 2+ with 24" range, Neutron Lasers vaporize heavy infantry, 60" sniper rifles can pick off characters or special weapons from across the board, and they aren't too shabby in melee either (well, aside from the Rangers).
>>
>>51453795
Thanks for the insight anon, Always liked Shooty armies more (but with a decent melee option) Gonna whip up some color schemes for them when I have free time.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.