[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How would you run a campaign based on Shin Megami Tensei ? (The

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 7

How would you run a campaign based on Shin Megami Tensei ? (The main SMT series, no Persona fags allowed)
>>
>>51449234
Savage Worlds probably. Pre-stat all the demons, but let players choose their own characters.

Battles feature one player playing as their character, and the other players as their demons.

Thoughts?
>>
>>51449234
If you're talking about mechanics, then a game based on shin megami tensei would be impossible, as the combat systems in the game are entirely designed around being a video game. I guess you could "capture the feeling" of the game, but then you'd just end up like those awful people who try and shove terrible souls games ideas like their being clever. The game isn't different story wise than most role-playing settings, early DnD was mostly mythological in scope with players fighting with Thor and Odin, etc. The only difference is that SMT might trigger atheists by having a true God, although aside from the Anarchy ending of SMT IV Final I think the plot line of false God and real God fighting has been abandoned by the story writers. Really, any game based off of a video game is just going to be terrible; all I would recommend is taking inspiration from SMT and not trying to replicate it.
>>
>>51449331
A cute way to keep the whole group involved in any one party member's fight, but I'm iffy on using Savage Worlds. Valor, maybe?

>>51449457
Put your money where your pic is and run a one-shot where the Neutral Hero's mission is to install Haruhi as the Almighty without making her aware of the plan. That'll mellow out your group's "Muh Souls" shit.
>>
At what point is it acceptable to promote a demon to full PC status?
>>
File: Hellboy in SMT.png (6KB, 512x448px) Image search: [Google]
Hellboy in SMT.png
6KB, 512x448px
>>51449827
Why is Pixie the 2nd cutest demon?
>>
File: some kind of floofy nymph.jpg (240KB, 510x510px) Image search: [Google]
some kind of floofy nymph.jpg
240KB, 510x510px
>>51449873
Because her protege has arrived.
>>
File: Stronk.jpg (70KB, 400x536px) Image search: [Google]
Stronk.jpg
70KB, 400x536px
>>51450084
But that's not the cutest.
>>
>>51449762
Valor, or maybe Strike!

Cue the meme response.
>>
>>51449234
Using one of the official SMT TRPGs.
>>
>>51454287

What ? those things exist ?
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9nGWEb5QxGA
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.