[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Warhammer 40,000 General /40kg/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 388
Thread images: 43

File: CurrentScore.jpg (228KB, 1249x1295px) Image search: [Google]
CurrentScore.jpg
228KB, 1249x1295px
MC Hammers Of Dorn edition

>previous thread
>>51444179

>THIS IS THE ROSTER CREATOR. ARMY LIST WITH PICTURES. CLICK HERE FOR THIS. THIS LINK.
https://webapplications-webroster.rhcloud.com/rc/web/#/rosterCreator

>Rules and such. Use Readium for epubs. Sorry, it's shit but it'll read 3s.
https://mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
https://mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ

>FAQs and errata
https://www.games-workshop.com/en-JP/Rules-Errata

>40K 7th Edition Quick Reference Sheets:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef.pdf

>Forge World Book Index:
http://www.dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index

>The Black Library (Beware of Alpharius)
https://mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q
>>
So, how many Thousand Sons are there left?
Is it actually 1000? Or is it like 999 plus Magnus?
Can Rubrics truly be killed?
>>
>>51448231
What god did humanity make? Emps wasn't powerful enough for god level and Khorne/war existed before humans.
>>
>>51448254
Im not 100% sure but I thought it was like 1000 Psykers active. But who fucking knows the amount of actual rubrics.
>>
>>51448254
About a thousand survived the burning of Prospero, Rubric Marines can be resurrected and it's implied that the Aspiring Sorcerers and the like are 'newbloods' from the post-Heresy eras. So the actual number is probably somewhere around, but definitely not exactly 1,000.
>>
Tell me about Your Dudes.
>>
>>51448231
I thought humans were responsible for both khorne and nurgle? Khorne was completed during the middle ages due to crusades, and nurgle was formed after the black death.

Although of course this may no longer be the case.

3-2 xenos, step your game up
>>
>>51448270
emps is a god

proof: celestine
>>
>>51448270
>Emps wasn't powerful enough for god level

Correct: wasn't. Ten thousand years of eating thousands of lower-grade Psykers and harnessing, intentionally or no, the faith and hopes of a vast majority of one of the most numerous psychically sensitive species in the galaxy tends to do that to an already extremely powerful Psyker on an equally ridiculously powerful network of psychic archaeotech connected to a bunch of other powerful Psykers at any one time.
>>
>>51448254
Rubrics are basically just animate armor at this point so as long as you can recover the essence you can reanimate them.
>>
File: 40kgods.jpg (382KB, 811x924px) Image search: [Google]
40kgods.jpg
382KB, 811x924px
>>51448270
>>51448289
>>51448231
>>
>>51448270
Emps is a god. And AFAIK every god but slannesh was created by humanity, khorne by the mongols, nurgle by the plauge and tzeentch by the renisance, but that may no longer be canon.
Either way, causing the downfall of your civilization and fucking over the entire galaxy is not something for the knife ears to be proud of.
>>
File: 1428367686385.png (121KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1428367686385.png
121KB, 640x480px
Reposting in the new thread that I need some interesting BatReps to watch while painting Skittles!
>>
Any of you guys picked up Gangs of Commorragh? What do you think? I'm really liking the rules, and had a fun game today.
>>
>>51448324
Who is the Outsider?
>>
File: face of battle.jpg (79KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
face of battle.jpg
79KB, 640x640px
>>51448231
Anybody got a PDF of Face of battle?
>>
>>51448368
One of the C'tan. In times gone by (pre-newcrons) he was one of the 4 C'tan left. He was crazy, I think, but apart from that they never really said much about him.
>>
>>51448289
It's something like Orks 2, Humans 3, Eldar 5, at this point. I don't think we can credit the c'tan to the crons, so...
>>
>>51448319
>eating thousands of lower-grade Psykers
More like force fed, but close enough.
>>
>>51448289
>Khorne was completed during the middle ages due to crusades, and nurgle was formed after the black death.
>Although of course this may no longer be the case.

Old RT era lore put the birth of the first three to 8000BC, quite a bit before both plague and crusades.

>>51448324
Ah yes, Isha. That didn't end all too well.
>>
>>51448285
Time-hopping band of freeblades cursed to keep dying and fighting without being able to change the major points of the timeline, only the different events leading up to them, led by a lone survivor of a fallen house during the horus heresy.
>>
>>51448416
>Old RT era lore put the birth of the first three to 8000BC, quite a bit before both plague and crusades.

Really? I could have sworn they were medieval. Something about the human race having a surprisingly strong impact on the warp considering their psychic power, and khorne making doombreed during his infancy as a god.

Either way, 8000 BC sounds more like humans did it than eldar given that the eldar would have had millions of years to fuck things up beforehand.
>>
>>51448382
Yes.
>>
Anyone play Vraks that can help me out

1850 Renegades of Vraks/Chaos Space Marines

Renegade Command Squad:
Ordnance Tyrant with Covenant of Nurgle: 85

35 Plague Zombies: 105
35 Plague Zombies: 105

2 Strike Battery: Wyverns: 110
2 Strike Battery: Wyverns: 110
3 Heavy Ordnance Battery: earthshakers, militia training, +6 extra crew: 193

3 Leman Russ Exterminators: militia training, multi-melta sponsons, Lascannon: 480
3 Rapier Laser Destroyers: militia training, +3 extra crew: 79
3 Rapier Laser Destroyers: militia training, +3 extra crew: 79

Fortifications: Void Shield Generator 50

Allies: Death Guard Chaos Space Marines

Chaos Lord on bike: MoN, The Black Mace: 145

10 Cultists: MoN: 70

7 Chaos Bikers: MoN, Power Axe, Combi-melta, 2 meltaguns: 237
>>
File: IMG_3226.jpg (50KB, 300x539px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3226.jpg
50KB, 300x539px
>>51448231
The Hammers of Dorn are greater than the Ultramarines. They have utilized the Codex Astartes to a higher ability than any other chapter in the Imperium, and mock the Ultramarines for every mistake they make.

This is fact.
>>
>>51448467
Please share it.
>>
>>51448460
There's also the possibility of it being some other xenos races we've never heard of for them.
>>
>>51448231
The Flock to the Front Line rule that the Castellans of the Imperium possess fits for the Imperial Guard but doesn't really fit for Space Marines, Inquisition or Sisters of Battle. What should it be replaced with for units from those Codexes?
>>
>>51448539
Maybe just 5+ FNP? Locked in, Iron Hands can't buff it.
>>
>>51448539
Sisters troops get a +1 to shield of faith, so putting them and their transports at a 5++. Marines get a 5+ FnP, or +1 if they already have it for some reason.
>>
>>51448494
>Sons of Dorn completely misunderstand the point of a work
>pretend their stupidity is a virtue
Sounds about right.
>>
File: Tyranids - 1850pts.jpg (157KB, 900x970px) Image search: [Google]
Tyranids - 1850pts.jpg
157KB, 900x970px
r8 my friendly 1850 list
>>
Any tips for building an anti-eldar Necron list for a ~3000 pt. friendly game? And by friendly I mean we're allowing stand-ins I want to curb-stomp this cheesy mother-fucker
>>
>>51448494
Yeah, but thanks to them the Tau have another relic.
>>
>>51448348
what are skittles?
thats slang for estrogen pills isnt it?
>>
>>51448285
Tech priestess' mind trapped in a knight. Her "followers" are citizens of various world's near her forgeworld. She wanted her own space marines, but knowing a repeat of the IC would draw the ire of powerful people, she opted to augment her subjects to the point of inhumanity using salvaged components. Those of her followers who still maintain independent thought have an iron hands mentality, but worship her as a prophet of the omnissiah, referring to her as "machine mother"

She speaks with a transatlantic accent.

Army composed almost entirely of kit bashed dreadnoughts, techmarines and tanks.
>>
>>51448688
Minimum Decurion (either Wraiths or Destroyers for auxiliary), Riptide Wing.
>>
++ Craftworld Warhost (1777pts) ++

+ Uncategorised +

Command Benefits (Craftworlds Warhost)

+ Core +
Pale Courts Battlehost [FW] [Halls of Martial Splendour]

Aspect Lord-shrine

Autarch [Banshee Mask, Eldar Jetbike, Laser Lance, Shard of Anaris, Shuriken Pistol]

3x Dire Avengers [7x Dire Avenger]
Dire Avenger Exarch [Twin-linked Avenger Shuriken Catapult]

+ Auxiliary +
Aspect Host [+1 Ballistic Skill]

4x Dark Reapers [Starshot Missiles]
Dark Reaper Exarch [Reaper Launcher Starswarm + Starshot]

9x Swooping Hawks
Swooping Hawk Exarch [Sunrifle]

9x Warp Spiders
Warp Spider Exarch [Spinneret Rifle]

Aspect Host [+1 Weapon Skill]

9x Howling Banshees
Howling Banshee Exarch [Executioner and Shuriken Pistol]

4x Shining Spears
Shining Spear Exarch [Star Lance]

9x Striking Scorpions
Striking Scorpion Exarch [Scorpion Chainsword, Scorpion's Claw]

+ Command +

Living Legends

Any ideas on how to take it to 1850 without breaking theme (Aspects galore) too much?
>>
File: BagOfHammers.jpg (397KB, 1405x759px) Image search: [Google]
BagOfHammers.jpg
397KB, 1405x759px
>>51448692
>>
>>51448703
Eldar
Taste the rainbow?
>>
>>51448285
Space Marines created to fly into the warp and wreck up the joint to provide a distraction for the Emperor during the Great Crusade to further his plans.(Not sure if this all works with recent fluff, but I like the idea)

Still loyal, but 10000 years in the warp has made them hated/distrusted by everyone. Were not happy when they had to deal with Traitor Legions on top of Daemons!
>>
>>51448736
>A Space Marine literally being retarded enough to somehow get felled by a casual shot from an obvious, shoulder-mounted weapon, after hitting the Suit with his Boltgun

Bubble of Stupidity needs to die.
>>
>>51448736
Why can't this be the universe where GW can write conflicts without making one or both sides look retarded? Who the fuck reads that and thinks "good job, GW, keep up the quality writing."
>>
>>51448736
So the Tau know the SM require something and it's located in the neck. Would this mean if the Tau went into battle against them with the intent on killing, not routing, they would focus on headshots? I mean, it makes sense.
>>
File: really now.jpg (39KB, 229x385px) Image search: [Google]
really now.jpg
39KB, 229x385px
Fought Tyranids today, 800 vs 800 points.
Killed a Tervigon with my dreadnought and killed about 8 hormagaunts with a few bolters and Smite and that was it. He killed about 6 space marines before we were to tired to keep the game going.
>>
>>51448833
>Would this mean if the Tau went into battle against them with the intent on killing, not routing, they would focus on headshots?

Yes, like everyone else who's remotely competent at killing Humanoids, they like to go for the head when possible. That being said, considering the actual speed of Astartes and barely above-average accuracy of the Tau as a species it's not particularly likely that trying to shoot them in the head specifically would be wise, just shoot them until they drop.
>>
>>51448833

Their targeting systems would most likely place hitboxes on the head.
>>
>>51448864
>>51448861
Or actually they just make it a point to torch their corpses once they're down or if they have to retreat. Kinda like Scorched Earth, but with soldiers instead of land.
>>
>>51448846
>800 points
>didn't even finish
fucking SCRUB
>>
>>51448894
They could, but they won't. It's a case of GW, once again, half-assing the weaknesses of the Tau, having them do something illogical or otherwise non-optimal for the sake of 'doing the right thing' then never actually making them suffer anything for it, probably even giving them a medal in some other fluff for being superior because they play nice.
>>
File: eye.webm (2MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
eye.webm
2MB, 640x360px
>>51448898
It was 1500 points with the other two players but they were off doing their own thing for the game. Both the other players were new so they had to look up everything every time they tried to do something so three turns lasted over four hours
>>
>>51448922

This wouldn't be half as bad if they created new chapters just for the sake of jobbing. But as a result, White Scars generally never look good in GW written lore and Raven Guard looked like goddamn morons.
>>
>>51448687
bumping for a r8
>>
>>51448861
Easiest way to kill a humanoid tends to be center of mass. Head is too easy to miss.

Now, on a Marine, their armor is weaker at the neck joint, so aiming there even without knowing anything about geneseed might be a good idea (if you're a good shot when there's multiple power-armored silverback gorillas rushing at you with rocket launcher guns and chainsaws).
>>
>>51448925
I know your pain.
Honestly, I love getting new people into the game, but I try to avoid them until they actually get some bearings
>>
>>51448950
>rating friendly lists

A pointless exercise in skub-stirring. We don't know what your meta's like at all.
>>
>>51448974

>Easiest way to kill a humanoid tends to be center of mass. Head is too easy to miss.

Unless you're Tau in your own book, then your shots will hit anything you damn well want it to hit.
>>
>>51448703
Skitarii
>>
>>51448925
>Both the other players were new so they had to look up everything every time they tried to do something so three turns lasted over four hours

What the fuck did they field? New players should limit unit deployment to no more than 4 unit types just to get the hang of what their units actually do and to avoid this kind of wiki lookup bullshit.
>>
>>51448990
markerlights, gue'la :^))))
>>
other than the high cost of the models, is there a reason people don't play Dkok over AM?
>>
>>51448990

It pisses me off to no end that Tau fluff has them, even without the aid of Markerlights, pulling off shot after shot after shot that we've only seen at best from the new Skitarii Ranger fluff, while on the move or otherwise at such rapid succession I have no idea why Tau aren't BS5-6 naturally in the TT. But then again, Tau in their own books or any 'neutral' book tend to just completely shitstomp everything these days, usually for reasons like 'we'll overpower this one piece of technology for this one book to make everyone else look retarded' or, more commonly, genuinely making everyone they fight suffer an OOC stroke during the planning phase.
>>
>>51448486
Don't know anything about the tactics, but that seems like a really cool fluff list so you should go from it.
>>
File: 2017-01-28 17.18.04.jpg (1MB, 1060x1883px) Image search: [Google]
2017-01-28 17.18.04.jpg
1MB, 1060x1883px
These models are both strength 3
>>
>>51448986
Fine, then rate it as a competitive or tourney list. idgaf. I'm just looking for a little feedback on a setup I've never run before.
>>
File: doomsdaydevice.pdf (1B, 486x500px)
doomsdaydevice.pdf
1B, 486x500px
I found this datasheet on the GW website many years ago but it got taken down a few years ago. Is it still legal?
>>
>>51449034
Eldar are actually slightly stronger than Humans with similar muscle-size, but the fact that Orkz are S3 only exists because Astartes are S4. In the actual fluff Orkz are like gorillas, but buffer, and will rip a Human's arm off with minimal difficulty.
>>
>>51448922

You'd think that Farsight, the character in the story depicted, would have taken to that because of his own prodigal love of fire and using firestorms as a war tactic, especially against enemies that grow from spores.

Still, Farsight seems to prefer a diplomatic solution with no hard feelings if you're a reasonable species; and killing Apothecaries isn't a good way to establish improved relations. Besides, it's not like those Space Marines are going to infest the soil and pop up in a month to start wrecking things again: they have to take the geneseed back, stick it in some boys, and train them for a few decades or more before they're ready to get back in the fight, a fight that's likely long over by then.
>>
>>51449034
one is pure muscle the other is so hopped up on drugs that he doesn't realise he can't bench press the same as an ork.
>>
>>51449052
Nope. Structure Points is a 5th ed. thing. That's too far back.
>>
>>51448736
I don't get it.

How the heck does Farsight manage to crack the Codex, which is stated to be the best kept secret in the Imperium/uncrackable, iirc, and then 360 no-scopes a dude?
>>
>>51449065

They should probably lower regular Human strength in the game to 2 then.
>>
>>51449034
Orks are basically S3.5. Hence the Furious Charge.
>>
>>51449092
Nah, the abstraction levels for S in 40k is insanely high. Strength 3 can so far represent a Human, a green gorilla and a slightly stronger space elf, while Strength 4 is flipping cars and generally lifting multiple tonnes no issue.

Besides, the tabletop doesn't always follow the lore that diligently anyway.
>>
>>51449090
>best kept secret in the Imperium/uncrackable
The fuck? What does that even mean?

Not to mention every chapter is most likely to have a slightly different version of the Codex Astartes, as annotations, revisions, damage, and any number of other changes are likely to have occurred between its first dissemination and M41.
>>
>>51449090
He observes the way the ridiculously Codex-compliant chapters (Hammers of Dorn in particular, but also Ultramarines) fight and writes up a summary of how they fight and what tactics to use against them. Reverse-engineering it, not cracking it.
>>
>>51449090
He's a Tau. Modern/more modern Tau fluff exists to shit on the setting, point out how retarded everyone is for living in a grimdark state of mind, glorifying more modern philosophies/tactics in a setting that wasn't even designed to be realistic in the first place, all while making the other factions go out of their way to act OOC to make the Tau look better.

Or at least that's the jist a lot of people seem to be getting from it.
>>
>>51449071

Farsight is caught between a rock and a boulder. Hes basically the only named Tau who is allowed to be smart and pragmatic, along with any Tau chick who wants to suck his cock.
>>
>>51449121

I think the difference between how strong an Ork is and how strong a Human is is not represented by STR 3.
>>
File: 99120103018_GretchinNEW03.jpg (35KB, 600x620px) Image search: [Google]
99120103018_GretchinNEW03.jpg
35KB, 600x620px
>>51449092
Ah but then you could make equally indignant posts comparing Catachans to Gretchin. The better solution is that you curb your autism and accept the lack of granularity in the abstraction for a tabletop, d6 based game like 40k.
>>
>>51449052
>roll a D6+ Turn number every turn
>need a 7 to even turn it on
>then roll on another table
>two results involve it exploding in your own deployment zone, one result turns it off permanently, another result does nothing
Why would you want to use it? It's utterly retarded.
>>
>>51449142

Well, there's also Aun'Shi.
>>
>Have a 0-10 range for characteristics
>Everything is within first 1-4

And this is why Orks are S3.
>>
>>51449165
>Furious Charge.
>>
>>51449127
I'm tired. The way the codex's fluff is written is that it's made to be uncrackable so long as one follows it's teachings, such as changing your chapter colors and tactics every once in a while, among other things, which the Ultramarines, and especially the Hammers of Dorn, are stated to do in the fluff.

>>51449128
But anon, the point of the Codex Astartes is that you're supposed to change up your tactics and even colors and other things all the time, which fluff-wise, the Hammers of Dorn specifically do, though they do have a preferance for heavy armor.
>>
>>51449175
Narrative you fucking try hard power gaming faggot.

This is a role playing game and I doubt you've ever even attempted to play this game as such.
>>
>>51449174
Obviously if that were the change, Gretchin should be S 1, and Catachan should stay at S 3 to be stronger than average guard.
>>
File: 1456283397823.jpg (82KB, 894x894px) Image search: [Google]
1456283397823.jpg
82KB, 894x894px
>>51449165
>Ahuh! Thank the Emperor that Ork isn't running at me, now we are evenly matched in strength and vigour
>>
>>51449183
Aun'Shi, to be fair, is probably the Tau character who insults the other factions the least, he's just a kickass fighter (but doesn't casually kill Space Marines and Aspect Warriors, so he's by no means badly written) who refuses to back down. He doesn't make the other factions look like retards in the grand scheme of things, he isn't in any paragraphs or bits of lore about how inferior any other faction is to him. He's just a good old Kharn the Betrayer archetype, he kills, he's damn good at it and he's never used underhandedly in the narrative, so he's a badass.
>>
>>51449090
>and then 360 no-scopes a dude?
Tau suits are full of sensors and AI assistance, he has aim-assist.
>>
>>51449201
>the points is that you're supposed to change up your tactics and even colors
Believe me, I understand. I'm a Tau player and I hate the Mary Sueness of our dudes. I'm just giving the official explanation.
>>
>>51449187
No? Strength runs 1-10 and T runs 1-8 regularly. The headroom is there to show augmentation through technology and weaponry which generally outweighs simple muscle mass..
>>
>>51449203
On average the damn thing won't even turn on until turn 3 or 4, and then it will proceed to either do nothing OR explode in your face a third of the time. It's a neat idea, but the execution is absolutely retarded.

40k is a shit narrative game and there are absolutely fuck-all RPG elements involved.
>>
>>51449228
>Tau suits are full of sensors and AI assistance, he has aim-assist.

How to sum up why no one likes Tau in one sentence.
>>
>>51449092

Getting +1S is a huge deal. Captain America would be at S3 before he got the supersoldier serum and still be S3 afterwards because he's peak human but not beyond human in strength.
>>
>>51449228
360 noscoping a dude, like you pointed out, gives absolutely no issue, almost every advanced faction has sweet sensors and could probably pull off shots like that. What was strange about it is why the Space Marine was in the position to get casually 360'd, turns out 100 years of training and battle experience means jack shit when the Tau are about.
>>
The problem is the d6 system. Too few possible results. Upgrade to at least a d10 and you can have orks with a higher S than humans, but less than marines. You can expand upon saves so that really fancy armor on a human isnt the same as tactical dreadnought armor on a marine.
>>
>>51448231
Does anyone have a color-altered picture of a psychedelic, Lisa Frank-esque new Lord of Change model?
>>
>>51449237
And its fucked up as the "average" for genetically enhanced super soldier is set on the lower end.

>Snotlings + Golden Throne Emperor 0
>Gretchin 1
>Humans 2
>Eldar 3
>Orks 4
>SM 5

etc etc etc
>>
>>51449227

There's a few good characters like that; solid dudes who have something going on, but are by far not the mary sues 40k fluff demands of main characters.

There's Aun'Shi, and that Grey Knight (Crowe?) who holds on to a Daemon sword that can level planets, but just uses it as a power sword because fuck Daemons, and who has some useful abilities for the team.
>>
>>51448950
Illegal, Tervigon can't be a troop unless you take a Termagant squad for it.
>>
>>51449237
>Strength runs 1-10

10 is supposed to be for shit like nukes and exterminatus missiles man.
>>
>>51449264
You see a guy leaning over your buddy the medic who is responsible for the preservation of the chapter and you're not going to try and stop him?
>>
>>51449293
It's an HQ, the list builder just doesn't have an option for it other than Troops
>>
>>51449307
Yeah, I would, by shooting him, remembering I can run at speeds faster than any unaugmented Human ever could, that cover exists, that I have Power Armour with a much greater degree of protection on the shoulders and that, most importantly, I have beyond Human reactions and should easily be able to see something as obvious as a shoulder-mounted weapon turning.

Or does this 'superhuman with 100 years of experience' mean nothing? Apparently so in a Tau book.
>>
>>51449338

The list builder doesn't have a lot of options, you faggots should stop using it.
>>
File: 1455994789867.png (2MB, 1200x1009px) Image search: [Google]
1455994789867.png
2MB, 1200x1009px
>>51449259
Well he's listed as benching 800, though actual use of strength seems to vary.
>>
>>51448270
None yet
However they have taken over as feeders for most of the big 4
Khorne - orks that's why they have the original orks with K, though bloodletters have an eldar pointed head look
Slaanesh - obvious
Nurgle and tzeentch unknown - old ones were about life and psykery and plots
>>
>>51449342
>Or does this 'superhuman with 100 years of experience' mean nothing? Apparently so in a Tau book.

Duh. This is why it's super easy to see who is a meme-spouting newfag or a filthy Taufag by whether they agree Tau are the biggest plot armored, power wanking Sues in the setting, or if they still think it's marines. Had some dumb faggot call Dreadnoughts Sues.
>>
>>51449297
What is a Dreadnough Close Combat Weapon? What is a Warboss with a Klaw?
>>
>>51449347
It works better than most other list builders
And it's fucking free, which you can't say about BattleScribe anymore.
>>
>>51449350

Captain America is always described as peak human, but the problem is Marvel seems to have a very different interpretation of what a human can actually do.
>>
>>51449380
Battlescribe is still free. I've been using it pretty much daily for the past year without paying a cent, mobile or desktop.
>>
>>51449297
That's D
>>
>>51449379

What is reading comprehension? What is "supposed"?

>>51449380

You know what works even better, covers every single option, and is also free? Having a functional brain and manually typing the army list. Too bad none of you faggots have one.
>>
>>51448688
Just bring the usual cheese: decurion, canoptek harvest, destroyer cult etc.
I'd also recommend bringing a couple of retribution phalanxes. He'll probably bring wraithgaurd, since D ignores RP, so use the undying warriors and sacrabs to harass them and force him to waste his shots on them or have his guys die.

Good luck fellow necronbro, have fun killing the pathetic servents of the accused old ones.
>>
>>51449208
I'm pretty sure in the fluff that gretchin are about as strong as normal humans, theyre wiry as shit and fight dirty
>>
>>51449379
10, but focused on small(ish) points
>>
>>51448922
Are you retarded?
The fact they didn't go all out and gave honourable battle is why the Damocles crusade ended in a negotiated settlement
Imperium doesn't do that with chaos and others who are labelled xenos/traitorous/heretics abominatus
>>
File: 1485591039674.png (203KB, 596x459px) Image search: [Google]
1485591039674.png
203KB, 596x459px
>>51449249
>tfw you play 40k as a narrative rpg and get called casual by try-hards
>>
>>51448990
Just like Marines in fiction with motion trackers and so on
And then scout sergeant telion
>>
>>51448285
I run the armed forces a Rogue Trader, who through his long history of wealth accumulation has managed to acquire an trio of imperial knights, a Scion-producing world, a regiment of imperial guard, and through some mysterious dealings a single killteam of black shield space marines who wear archaic armor not seen in anyone's lifetime.

Anyone who fights with him may maintain the colors of their former unit/home, but the right arms is striped in the Trader's house livery.
>>
File: image.jpg (25KB, 502x214px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
25KB, 502x214px
So, do you think this supposed plastic Mortarion is real?
>>
>>51449542
>tfw you play 40k as a narrative rpg
No you don't. There's next to nothing in the current rules to support such a style of play. Random powers, random Warlord traits, no mechanics for growing characters or sustaining injuries, no in-built campaign system, etc. "Muh narrative play" is an excuse GW trots out to excuse their constant incompetency and laziness.
>>
>>51449584

>93% of people get this wrong/10
>>
>>51449584
The Render shot seems like reasonably convincing evidence. If it's a fake, it's a good one.
>>
>>51449523
I'm not sure what you're saying here, but I don't have an issue with Tau being honourable or playing the 'nice guys' card, I'm just saying they should get punished for it more often. After all, the Imperium gets its ass handed to it by Tau because the writers decide to take a step back from 40k's theme and start applying some more grounded logic (making it an inherent handicap as Tau were designed to be more 'modern' so I think it's a serious miscommunication between writing generations), so why aren't we being told about why the Tau's attempts to fight honourably or otherwise more 'kindly' than other factions are slowing them down or losing them resources? Do the Tau have a get out of jail free card or something?
>>
>>51449584
I think there's a fair chance. The scythe matches up perfectly and #4 is clearly a digital render exactly like those inside instruction manuals.

This is either a very good ruse or legit
>>
>>51448846
is rolling dice really that exhausting?
>>
>>51449018
Spoken like a goddamned idiot.

Every faction's codex exists to suck that faction's dick. They make you want to be that faction, getting your factional dick sucked, so that you buy minis.

Every. Codex. Is. Full. Of. Mary Sue Shit.

Space Marines. Chaos. Eldar. Tyranids. Necrons. Skitarii, Grey Knights, Guard, Sisters, Yiffs, Loyalist Traitors, and muscleplaters.
Maybe not Orks.
>>
>>51448285
Former Blood Angels successors, converted to Chaos by the desire to survive betrayal by their father chapter, and being hunted by the Ordo Hereticus and their pet Bolter Bitches.

After 5,000 or so years percolating in the warp they are now Vampires of Slaanesh.
>>
File: IMG_3380.jpg (458KB, 1562x1114px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3380.jpg
458KB, 1562x1114px
>>51449634
The Red Hunters are manly, shut up!
>>
>>51449613

>I don't have an issue with Tau being honourable or playing the 'nice guys' card, I'm just saying they should get punished for it more often
>Tau send emissaries to Tyranids
>"Cultural Exchange" with the Dark Eldar
>>
>>51449613
There was the time they sent out a massive colony ship only for it to be looted by Orks and covered in guns and flung back at them.

There was the time they teamed up with Dark Eldar, sent a large diplomatic envoy, and found out when they teamed up later how homunculi are made

They teamed up with Necrons and invited them to a victory party with expected results.
>>
>>51449626
It's not the Codex I'm referring to, it's most of their books these days, almost anything related to the new Warzone: Damocles and the like. Further, the Tau take the insult one step further, sure you could tell everyone how Cato Sicarius managed to outsmart faction X casually, but how about when Farsight decoded the entire Codex Astartes, thus outsmarting the Space Marine's entire core concept?

Or what about their more recent love of retconning losses from other books to make them look better, like the entire Zeist campaign being a clever ruse by Shadowsun and was actually a Tau strategic victory?

There's way more to Tau being written like plot-armoured garbage than most other factions, they're competing with the more obnoxious Space Marine fluff by this point, but at least the Space Marines cost ten times the resources and ten times the actual time to create in-setting.
>>
File: rpg240k.png (187KB, 875x712px) Image search: [Google]
rpg240k.png
187KB, 875x712px
>>51449597
>There's next to nothing in the current rules to support such a style of play.
from the BRB
try reading it sometime you try-hard WAAC shitter
>>
>>51449634
>Blood drinkers
>Not Khorne

Also, aren't Chaos Blood angels super rare due to the Black Rage being a constant reminder of how Horus killed their Primarch? The Knights of Blood are the most renegade they get.
>>
I got a box of deathwatch, wondering how to kit them

think of this

>stormshield, power sword
>stormshield, power maul
>frag cannon
>shotgun
>watch sergeant, power sword, ccw

thoughts?
>>
>>51448338
Nurgle was created when the first sentient life forms decided they didn't want to die.

Khorne was created when early life forms decided they wanted to kill another life form. Either to eat it, or because it wanted to fuck that other ones mate, or that other life form is looking to long at my mate I better kill it so it doesn't try to compete.

These feelings of aggression, and willingness to live are so endemic to life that Khorne and Nurgle existed before humanity. Likely before the Elder. Chances are the old ones created Khorne and Nurgle without even realizing it.
>>
>>51449597
Wow you really are a faggot aren't you?

If thats what you think it means to play this as an RPG then the appeal of this universe is lost on you.
>>
>>51449660

Lamenters, Raven Guard, Salamanders, Raptors, all nice guys and are constantly going extinct/in danger for being nice.

Only Tau get rewarded for their bullshit.
>>
File: 87147-bruce-lee-smile-gif-q9l2.gif (928KB, 400x243px) Image search: [Google]
87147-bruce-lee-smile-gif-q9l2.gif
928KB, 400x243px
>>51449371
>able to live for 100s of years and have multiple lifetimes of experience
>can dodge bullets neo style despite being beefier than zangief
>whole factions of this
>not mary sues

the fuck you talkin about. I play RG and even I know Marines are just authorcum.
>>
>>51449695
The Old ones were in the warp though, so I don't think they could shape it subconsciously like that.

I'd imagine that while minor warp entities existed, it also would have taken more significant emotions for the Chaos gods to grow to full force.

That said, I feel like the Despair of the dying Necrons and the anger of the War in heaven would have been significant enough.
>>
>>51449717
The Old Ones were material gods, not Warp entities.
>>
File: 204834hf83.png (103KB, 837x465px) Image search: [Google]
204834hf83.png
103KB, 837x465px
>>51449597
>>51449679
>>51449697
It's very clearly part of the rules, that you are intended to roleplay
Why even have models if you are not going to treat it as a rpg - use some pokerchips and bits of paper you shits
don't be a shitter, this is /tg/ not /v/
>>
>>51449713
To be fair, they're not that much higher on the bar than any of the other high-tier factions, with the added penalty of being a massive resource and time sink. Meanwhile Tau routinely wipe their asses with Marines these days, with far less experienced soldiers using far cheaper/more replaceable technology in far better tactics because apparently centuries of experience does little for combat tactic knowledge.

The Marines are pretty high on the bar for bullshit powerful, but the Tau pretty much surpassed them by proxy of making the Marines look like chumps with minimal comparative effort.
>>
>>51449737
Let me guess you are too poor to play so you justify it by paying about a faction being so op there's no point
>>
>>51448285
IG regiment from a calmer sector of the galaxy, sometimes sent to an actual war zone and gets their asses handed to them most of the time. Sends home stories of heroic victories and great deeds.
>>
>>51449165
To be fair str isn't just raw muscle, it's the overall lethality of the attacks.
>>
>>51449676
Phil Kelly is the current author of the Warzone Damocles stuff, now.

He used to be a Space Marines author, so I find it hilarious that space marines players only recently have a problem with how they get jobbed in Tau fluff.

Ya'll got used to his hands jerking you off, but now he's got a new beau and you get all jealous.
>>
>>51449752
*posting
>>
>>51448338
It was implied that rather than Humanity creating the other 3 Chaos Gods that the events around their creation time where just the effects of their awakening like how the Age of Strife was Slaanesh's awakening even though Humans had nothing to do with it
>>
>>51449752
Not at all, though the Tau are a little bit too OP on the TT that's not the point, I'm discussing narrative. As for being too poor to play that's not entirely inaccurate for larger scale armies, but my 1,500pts of Necrons does pretty well.

I actually like 40k and the setting, I just don't like seeing factions treated unfairly for no reason, it just makes the setting look worse.

>>51449758
Never said I didn't have a problem with the Space Marine wank, just that the modern Tau fluff is also terrible, I find it worse, myself.
>>
>>51449634
Oddly They don't seem to have that whole Black Rage issue. Must be all that Slaanesh Worship. Of course sunlight exposure causing 2nd and 3rd degree burns is an issue.

That and subsisting on blood are just minor prices happily payed to be rid of that little problem.
>>
>>51449758
>>51449792

Tau is worse because theres no real ebb or flow in their battles. They set up a pillbox and retreat, an ambush pillbox and retreat, or they walk into a room full of Knights and Titans and expect nothing bad to happen. Tactics don't exist in Tau fluff, only JUSTASPLANNED or NOTASPLANNED.
>>
>>51449683
Sorry this one is for you >>51449813
Blame that mistake on the Nyquil
>>
>>51449713

And Tau rape them constantly with a bunch of faggots in suits.
>>
>>51449815
Ah, yes. I recall all of the other EXCELLENT STRATEGIES written about in other codecies and supplements.
>>
>>51449752
>implying this is why people don't just refuse games against faggots like you

Lol dumbass and you wonder why people refuse to play against Tau. I bet you're white too.
>>
File: 20170110_184046.jpg (5MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
20170110_184046.jpg
5MB, 4032x3024px
>>51448285
They joined the Mobile Infantry to save the planet, service guarantees citizenship.
>>
File: BAH GAWD.jpg (415KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
BAH GAWD.jpg
415KB, 1024x768px
>>51448729

>Shooty host
>Choppy host
>Pale court warhost for choppier Autarch and Avenger troops

Mah Aspect nigga! You might want to get some transports for your dires. Everything else is okay on foot, but they're a bit hamstrung otherwise. Maybe drop to 6 man squads and get falcons? Also, any reason your dires aren't in a Avenger Shrine?
>>
>>51449626
Eldar got shit on almost all of their dex's hilariously so...

And orks only get shit on, in the crunch in their dex honestly
>>
>>51449820
Ah. Cursed founding I'm guessing? Fair enough.

I've got some Salamanders successors from there with a mutation for loud booming voices, and their love of warchants and discovery of some rather heretical sonic weaponry to amplify it led to rather quick renegading and subsequent chaos falling.
>>
>>51449832
>marines are a bunch of buff faggots with ancient tech in old suits
>tau are a bunch of scrawny seals in new hotness suits with plasma guns that don't explode in their hands

Damn, it's almost like guns are a reasonable counter to bows and arrows.
>>
>>51448767

>Space Marine getting shot by advanced targetting system

Space Marines losing clean? How outlandish!
>>
>>51449864
14th Founding. Pretty unlucky founding that one.
>>
>>51449815

Taros did it best. There was a lot of back and forth, but ultimately the deck was stacked in favor of the Tau. Imperium buys some escape time by killing the Ethereal on planet, but that turned into a frantic retreat when the Tau started going berserk.

One combat saw a named Tau character jump in with a team of suits to perform a strike against Imperial airfields. They did a lot of damage but every member of the team was killed, including the named character. The Tau considered this a good trade and instituted numerous other raids like it with more or less success until Imperial air power was reduced. Grimdark.
>>
>>51448785

When GW has one side win convincingly /tg/ complains. When GW has a pyrrhic victory or draw /tg/ complains. There's only so many times you can have events end with 'faction A defends themselves whilst faction B make away with relic at a cost'.
>>
>>51449901
>Space Marine putting himself in a position to get easily killed by an advanced targeting system, even though Tau targeting systems aren't exactly the stuff of nigthmares (despite being really good), completely ignoring his superhuman reflexes, senses, advanced sensors of his own, century of tactical experience and the fact that he got some shots off first

Space Marines not being portrayed as veteran supersoldiers with advanced equipment? How Tau-fluffy!

Anything less than a faction being properly represented as at least somewhat competent, especially for a faction that soaks up such a ridiculous amount of resources in creation, is an insult and isn't good writing.
>>
Did Lorgar do anything wrong? All he ever wanted was the truth.
>>
>>51448231
I know they're filthy alien elf degenerates but I'd still fug the one in the middle
>>
>>51449976
too handsome
>>
>>51449679
Try reading my post, you inane shitposter.
>"Muh narrative play" is an excuse GW trots out to excuse their constant incompetency and laziness.
The rules don't support narrative play mechanically. Deal with it.
>>
File: IMG_3313.png (387KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3313.png
387KB, 1000x1000px
>>51449976
He was TOO handsome. After all, he was a mirror image of the Emperor, and we all know the Emperor is the only one allowed to be that handsome.
>>
>>51448285
A rag-tag band of Imperial guard deserters from various regiments working as mercenaries.
>>
>>51449988
Matcha has a name, you fuck
>>
>>51450009
except they do?
>>
>>51449976

Did Konrad do anything wrong, mall he ever wanted was JUSTICE.
>>
>>51449957

>Space Marine putting himself in a position to get easily killed by an advanced targeting system

You mean attacking a battlesuit? Of course a battlesuit beats a single marine. They're significantly tougher and more advanced. It seems you're more upset the marine isn't getting to beat something better. This is a pretty refreshing instance of marines not getting obnoxious wank and getting treated like any other faction.
>>
>>51450031
he beat up Dorn while nude and cring
>>
RAW question.
Volkov's cane says you can only fail leadership on 12 for an order issued to a unit in 6". Take a vox.

Take an Emperor's Shield formation.
Have 3 squads within 6" with a Vox caster.

Order X squads, PLUS one of the 6" squads to rape one target with assloads of lasguns (Punishing Fullisade lets you make ONE test for X units to fire at a single unit with FrFSrF).

Sign 3 target death warrants because 150 lasgun shots. Say, hammernators for example.

Is this legal? Y/N
>>
>>51450044

Snitches get stiches
>>
File: Solo Marine.png (691KB, 1576x548px) Image search: [Google]
Solo Marine.png
691KB, 1576x548px
>>51449955
You can write a conflict and have one side lose convincingly without making them look like retards. The best victory is one that actually feels like a victory.
>>
>>51449845
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KIsv1YOFNys
>>
>>51450040
>You mean attacking a battlesuit?

There's a massive difference between actually dying to a Battlesuit's technology and casually being killed by a shot with no effort, unless you've already forgot that there's such a thing as dodging, cover, speed and missing at the speeds the Marine is going. The idea of somebody just casually busting somebody else with no effort is, regardless of intent, pretty insulting to the guy who got hit.

>They're significantly tougher and more advanced.

Significantly tougher, maybe not as advanced, it's honestly up in the air at this point considering the more recent canon comparisons between AdMech/Skitarii and Tau military technology.

I'm not asking for the Marine to win, I'm asking for him not to be casually killed with no effort. Or would you be fine if a Necron Cryptek casually waved its hands and had an entire Tau'nar Supermacy Suit implode because Necrons occasionally have that level of bullshit? There's having somebody win, and there's being disrespectful to the concept of the other faction.
>>
>>51449875
>ancient tech
In this context, ancient tech is a good thing.
>>
>>51450028
Excellent rebuttal. No they don't. Try giving some examples of rules that support narrative play.

Challenges are pretty much the only one, and they make next to no sense for most factions.
>>
>>51449936

Isn't that what they do on the table with the "rambo suit" thing?
>>
>>51450053
Sounds it.
>>
>>51448324
no, gork is kunnin' but brutal

mork da brutal but kunnin one
>>
>>51450072

>Cultist kills marine with a broken sabre

Yeah, amazing job of making the losers look strong in defeat.
>>
Bringing this list to a local tourney. Predict how I do.
1850 points
Hive Fleet Detachment

Hive Tyrant (1) - 240pts
1 Hive Tyrant: Wings,Electroshock grubs,2 Twin-linked devourer with brainleech wormss

Hive Tyrant (1) - 240pts
1 Hive Tyrant: Wings,Electroshock grubs,2 Twin-linked devourer with brainleech wormss

Tervigon (HQ) - 200pts
1 Tervigon: Scything talons,Cluster spines

Hive Guard Brood (3) - 165pts
3 Hive Guard: Impaler cannon

Tyranid Warrior Brood (3) - 100pts
1 Tyranid Warrior: Barbed strangler,Scything talons
2 Tyranid Warrior: Devourer,Scything talons

Genestealer Brood (6) - 84pts
6 Genestealer

6 Genestealer

6 Genestealer

6 Genestealer

6 Genestealer

Mawloc (1) - 155pts
1 Mawloc: Adrenal glands
>>
>tau and marines duck waving contest
>meanwhile even your own codex has you lose
>tfw NPC race
>>
>>51450125
Which one? Orks?
>>
>>51450125
objectionably who has the better ducks?
>>
>>51449728
What the fuck are you on about?
The c'tan were/are material gods, the old ones were the masters of the warp, the first sentient race
>>
>>51450122
Did you even read the story? Those twenty marines killed untold numbers of chaos tribals before going down and it took a daemonic incursion to finish them off.
>>
>>51450085

>Why didn't the marine just dodge the shot with spidey-sense?
>Marines are totally as advanced as battlesuits!

You blatantly have so much bias you can't actually read anything that demonstrates that there are actually things more elite than a generic tac marine. A bolter is not doing fuck all to a battlesuit. Of course it's a curb stomp. You're too used to stupid bullshit about sergeants killing warbosses with combat knives.
>>
File: s-l500[1].jpg (42KB, 365x500px) Image search: [Google]
s-l500[1].jpg
42KB, 365x500px
I realise this might not be the best place to ask, but does anyone know a good site to get white dwarf PDFs?

I found a good source here: http://archive.4plebs.org/tg/thread/36808103

But apparently the one I'm looking for (pic related) is different US & Australia, the UK version is missing a few cool things.
>>
>>51450168
The old ones could into the warp, but they weren't much more advanced at it than the younger races are.
>>
>browse some BoLS articles
>read comments on an 8th Ed prediction article
>guy says that gunlines are way too strong and that melee can't keep up
>suggests that they should give buffs to assaults across the board
>someone unironically says that assault phase should isntead just be ditched completely to save some time and make the game more interesting and less of an excel spreadsheet

This guy must've been joking, right?
>>
>>51450196
>but they weren't much more advanced at it than the younger races are.
[citation needed]
>>
>>51450107
You fallin for wunna mork's laughs, ya grot.
>>
File: 1457622103250.png (2MB, 1600x2114px) Image search: [Google]
1457622103250.png
2MB, 1600x2114px
>>51450189
A Tau Battlesuit and Tactical Marine are both T4 with 3+ saves. Boltguns are routine shown killing marines.

The issue isn't that the Battlesuit killed a marine, it's that the Battlesuit flies in, delivers some inane dialogue meant to show how smart he is, then kills a marine without even turning around or reacting to being shot.
>>
>>51450123
I actually really like that list
Hope you do well

predicting last place in front of the obligatory ork player
>>
>>51450189
>>Why didn't the marine just dodge the shot with spidey-sense?

Not quite, more how did a Space Marine with his heightened senses, advanced sensors and the like manage to get himself in a position where the Battlesuit didn't even need to try, and basically just had the AI autopilot a direct killshot, it's like the Marine has absolutely no idea what he's doing, despite being extremely experienced.

>A bolter is not doing fuck all to a battlesuit. Of course it's a curb stomp. You're too used to stupid bullshit about sergeants killing warbosses with combat knives.

Massive difference between a curbstomp and pretty much walking into fire, once again. Have the Battlesuit beat the Marine, fine, don't have it casually drop a Marine with literally no effort and, in the attempt, make the Marine look like a bumbling retard who's never seen combat or a decent weapon before.

It's funny, you're putting words in my mouth, ignoring my point of view then calling me biased.
>>
>>51450167
Tau, you'd have to be quackin' crazy to think collecting tau is a good idea!

>>51450137
Guard and Nid books seem to be full of loses.
In the stories in the Ork codex I think Orks pretty much win all their battles.
>>
>>51450107
It's actually canon (from AoS) that Mork is da kunnin but brutal and Gork is da brutal but kunnin
>>
>>51450091
see
>>51449679
and
>>51449736
both from the BRB
goddamn shitlords
>>
>>51450232
He reacted by shooting the marine.
>>
>>51450189
Tau suits are troop choices and they're manufacturing bigger suits en mass for deployment.

They're really not that 'elite'
>>
>>51450189
The loser can be completely outmatched, but he shouldn't look incompetent at existing.

The poor sod with a chainsword getting pasted by a Chaos Space Marine or Warboss both knew that he had a very little chance of success going in and usually has some sort of plan. The plan doesn't work, but it's still a plan.
>>
>>51450169

They cut through some "squadrons" of spear chuckers. Then a 14 year old boy with a broken sword finished em off. Wowzers!
>>
>>51450216
The only benefit they had, despite being good psykers was that the Warp was calm in the early years before the chaos gods got powerful. They weren't dealing with a Warp that would fuck you eight ways from sunday without a gellar field.
>>
>>51450232

Eh.

No worse than the Last Chancers novel where a Death Watch marine can apparently handle a Crisis Squad with just his bolter.
>>
File: Caballeros Tormentos.jpg (50KB, 400x500px) Image search: [Google]
Caballeros Tormentos.jpg
50KB, 400x500px
>>51448285
They're White Scars successors, who possess an arsenal of ancient weather-altering devices found stashed away in the bowels of their home planet. They strap one of these ancient devices to each of their battle-barges and their major fortresses, and use it to create massive storm formations that can engulf entire continents if provided enough juice, as well as dictate the weather of a battlefield for extended periods of time (though this naturally has far-reaching consequences for the world in question, because creating hypercanes or unseasonal blizzards tends to cause massive ecological havoc).

Their highly-mobile army rides just behind the front of the storm, smashing into the ranks of the foe JUST as the weather hits in Rhinos, Land Raiders, and Biker outriders. As such, the enemy must not only fight Space Marines, they must fight Space Marines in horrific weather that can often be lethal in its own right, while the Space Marines feel right at home in the storm fronts. Drop Pods pound their way through the cloud cover and strike like lightning at critical targets, and the hyper-elite Assault Marines plunge directly into enemy weak points from Thunderhawks and precious Storm Eagles while thunder and lightning crash around them.

They are also 200% Mexican - many of them utilize bandoleers of bolt-rounds, and almost all of them possess a hand-crafted Bolt Pistol Revolver they made themselves as part of their initiation. Honor and machismo are above all save the Emperor.

They are the Caballeros Tormentos, and they fear nothing save failure.
>>
File: ch.jpg (57KB, 438x445px) Image search: [Google]
ch.jpg
57KB, 438x445px
>>51450270
>>
>>51448285
Just Hive Fleet Leviathan, don't need to explain anymore than that
>>
>>51450123
you will do really bad
play either 5 flyrants,5 mucolids, and 4 mawlocs or 3 crones to fill in.
If you want to play regular genestealers, they are better if you play them out of the GSC book.

you will get wrecked in any competitive enviornment with your list
>>
>>51450262
Neither one of those is something that mechanically supports narrative play, shitposter.
>>
>>51450232

You're conveniently ignoring wounds. Literally twice as tough. Also, where was the speech about how smart he was? He observed apothecaries recover something important from corpses and had honour enough to allow him to do so.
>>
>>51450306
To be fair, Deathwatch Marines are elite even amongst Marines and Crisis Suits aren't ridiculously durable, nor are they necessarily designed to be (they're big and fast with lots of guns, it's the Broadsides and tougher who are really difficult to bring down). Bolters, particularly Marine Bolters are incredibly dangerous in fluff, just not as dangerous as stuff like Burst Cannons and the like, on top of the fact that the Deathwatch trains the best Xenos-killers they can. I'd be pretty mad if a Marine casually beat a Battlesuit, just as mad, if not even moreso as vice-versa, but Deathwatch Marines, especially when it's not particularly casual, are far less infuriating.
>>
>>51450281

That has no bearing on any point being made.
>>
>>51450244
Here, anon, have a relaxing shitbath.
>>
>>51450359
all of 40k general is always just one big shitbath anyway
>>
>>51450365
They don't call it the worst general on /tg/ for nothing
>>
>>51450357
It does from a narrative perspective, though, if you design a faction with the capability to produce units that can easily outclass one of the 'supersoldier' factions of the setting, in a fifth of the time and a tenth of the resources at a thousand times the rate with a hundredth the industry, it might make people wonder about your narrative agenda.

Not necessarily saying that Marines should wipe Battlesuits nor vice versa, to me it's just another bit of perspective on the newer Tau fluff.
>>
>>51450357
Yes it does.
>>
File: BagOfPipes.jpg (234KB, 416x1216px) Image search: [Google]
BagOfPipes.jpg
234KB, 416x1216px
>>51450365
>>51450359
Forgot the relaxing shitbath!
>>
>>51448285

Sisters based on old battles with friends who's Saint is my jump canoness that I can no longer use because fucking GW.
>>
New IG player here, what special weapon should I pick for my Infantry squad? The Flamer or the Grenade launcher?
>>
>>51450289
Fuck off, shitposter. This was a horde that was thrashing an entire planet AND it was supported my daemons.

>>51450306
I'm not familiar with that book, but the existence of other shitty fluff doesn't excuse another piece of shitty fluff.
>>
>>51450244
>and pretty much walking into fire

It's almost as if it's an open fucking battlefield and the marine was trying to attempt to save the apo and attack an enemy that had its back turned. Other than inexplicably flip around lasers with preternatural reflexes, perfect foreknowledge of battlesuit secondary weapons and agility, what do you want?
>>
>>51450409
Flamer if anything, maybes them nasty in overwatch.
>>
>>51450347
I'm not ignoring wounds, they just aren't relevant. Toughness and Saves are what determines how hard it is to injure a target. Boltguns are routinely shown as being dangerous weapons to T4 3+ opponents.
>>
>>51450414
Honestly, after the way SM get jobbed lately, I just read that thinking about how shitty those cultists must be to get stomped by 20 nothingspecials.
>>
>>51450259
If only AoS lore mattered in 40k discussions.
>>
>>51450365
>>51450374
There's no way this is the worst general on /tg/. CYOA general is still here. Tower girls general is still here.
>>
>>51450409
Blank or flamer, if you happen to face lots of melee armies.
>>
>>51450419
>
It's almost as if it's an open fucking battlefield and the marine was trying to attempt to save the apo and attack an enemy that had its back turned. Other than inexplicably flip around lasers with preternatural reflexes, perfect foreknowledge of battlesuit secondary weapons and agility, what do you want?

The Space Marine understanding the fact that he's faster and more agile than any Human could possibly be, with supernatural senses, advanced scanners and centuries of warfare experience. What were his lightning reflexes telling him while the gun was turning, to keep running? Tau technology is advanced, but not ridiculously so, an onboard AI targeting system for a Crisis shouldn't be picking off a manouvering Space Marine casually just as much as Autosenses shouldn't be letting a Space Marine 3-shot-burst Stealthsuits mid-flight casually.
>>
>>51450437
Yeah it's not like any of the Gods from AoS are the same as in 40k.

Fuck off you know why you're wrong
>>
>>51450419
Taufag, here. That scene would probably have been better if the shots came from very far away /after/ Farsight had finished his dialogue, and Farsight decided to leave Apo alone to deal with it.

Or if the rando space marine attack just hadn't happened at all.
>>
>>51450379

No it doesn't. No one was talking about how many there are. You do understand the word elite has qualitative definitions, right?
>>
>>51450443

It's a pretty shitty general, though. Easily some of the shit you need to scrape from the bottom of the barrel.
>>
>>51450419
Not him, but I think it would have worked better if the Marine had gone to ground and taken cover while the Tau finished his talking.
>>
Which Space Marine chapter has the hardest time making a fluffy list that can actually compete?
>>
>>51450414

It was a horde of child soldiers armed with broken weapons. You couldn't have picked a more embarrassing loss.
>>
>>51450473
Crimson Sabres.
>>
>>51450443
This is DAMN NEAR the worst general. Like, in the bottom 5.
I left to /swg/ for a few days and desu, I regret coming back to this shithole thread
>>
File: tlKM6Cq.jpg (48KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
tlKM6Cq.jpg
48KB, 960x540px
>>51450459
I'm just glad we aren't waifu posting like every other general on 4chan. At least, not as much.
>>
>>51450480
>Unpainted Tau'nar
ANON, WHAT HAVE YOU DONE!? HIDE! I CAN HEAR THE CLATTER OF THE ANTI-TAU FAGS KEYBOARDS!
>>
>>51450473
Black Templars
Land Raiders suck, man
>>
>>51450381
don't forget shooting down a razorshark by ramping out of a crater
>>
>>51450473
Blood angels. Maybe Fire Hawks if we count Forgeworld. Thousand Sons if we count Chaos.
>>
>>51450343
I mean, I can't force you to read the rulebook
>>
>>51450479
We just need a mod to come through every one in a while and ban some of the more egregious shitposting and trolling. It's not hard to see who's actually interested in having a discussion and who's just fishing for (You)'s.
>>
>>51448285
Gene-Marines passing themselves off as a legit Chapter of Astartes.
>>
>>51450510
Even the genuine posts are shittier than a normal threads
>>
>>51450489
It's just pre-painted. Look at all the paint in the background! I can probably track down his facebook post and show the finished result.
>>
File: 1484685402268.jpg (130KB, 534x783px) Image search: [Google]
1484685402268.jpg
130KB, 534x783px
>>51450510
>implying we ever get an Exterminatus when we need one
>>
>>51450504
So you can't actually point out any rules that support narrative play. Gotcha.

I'd love for 40k to actually incorporate some elements that support narrative play. Unfortunately it doesn't. GW just likes to claim that it's a narrative game to defend their shitty rules.
>>
>>51450480
Why do tau players insist on being unlikable
>>
>>51450354

>Crisis Suits aren't ridiculously durable
>Bolters can totally pen battlesuits guys!

Bolters are canonically trash at armour penetration possessing with large fist sized rounds. They're noted at sucking against heavy aspect armour in Know Your Enemy and a crisis suit is significantly more durable than an AW.
>>
>>51450529
It's because shitposting is infectious. It's hard to keep a decent dialogue going when every third post is a blatant shitpost. Start punishing shitposting like the mods are supposed to, and the rest of the posts will get better.
>>
File: are you trying to trick me?.png (20KB, 564x500px) Image search: [Google]
are you trying to trick me?.png
20KB, 564x500px
>>51450432

>Wounds aren't relevant to how durable something is
>>
>>51450534
>I'd love for 40k to actually incorporate some elements that support narrative play. Unfortunately it doesn't. GW just likes to claim that it's a narrative game to defend their shitty rules.
try reading the BRB sometime
>>
>>51450473

>>51450500
>>51450495
I'd argue any assault based vanilla chapter can pull off a fluffy and strong list, as Skyhammer is fitting no matter how you slice it, even if it is somewhat cheesy.
>>
>>51448285
Scion Regiment who specializes in naval boarding actions.
>>
>>51450564
Pretty sure that guy meant "wounds are irrelevant to how hard it is to hurt something", which is true.
>>
>>51450547
>Bolters are canonically trash at armour penetration possessing with large fist sized rounds. They're noted at sucking against heavy aspect armour in Know Your Enemy

They're also noted for penetrating Power Armour in plenty of fiction and basically their entire design from an OOC perspective is to be an armour-penetrating round that detonates after burying in. We've seen Bolters turn Aspect Warriors and Tau Fire Warriors to paste before, and we've seen them deflected/stopped by Carapace, the power inconsistency with them is strange.

That being said, Crisis Suits aren't ridiculously durable and have a few key weakpoints like the joints and sensor arrays.
>>
>>51450547
What is Know Your Enemy? Google doesn't seem to turn up anything canon-relevant.

Canonically, Bolters are shown to be perfectly adequate weapons against foes in the Crisis Suit durability range. Shit, the entire HH is marine butchering each other with bolters.
>>
>>51450547
I honestly don't understand how a bolter can be so shit like an RPG-7 can penetrate up to 60cm of steel yet a bolter can't get through (presumably) a couple of inches (tops) of material despite being super advanced and rapid fire.
Jesus Christ the 30k mechanicus sucks

> inb4 40k has no bearing on reality
>>
>>51450453

>Complain others are putting words in his mouth when they make fun of him whining about marines not dodging bullets with spidey reflexes
>Goes on to whine about marines not dodging bullets with spidey reflexes

Marines can't dodge bullets. Fuck off.
>>
>>51450544
>hates weaboo taufags
>because he wants to waifupost
>>
>>51450564
That's not what I said.

>>51450589
>Toughness and Saves are what determines how hard it is to injure a target.
That's what I said. He's just a baiting shitposter.
>>
WHY ARE ASSAULT MARINES NOT TROOPS FOR THE BLOOD ANGELS
WHAT WAS THE PURPOSE OF THIS
>>
>>51450596
Tbqh 60cm isn't actually that good. Most WWII medium tanks had around 65-100 cm, with heavy tanks having much higher amounts, iirc.
>>
>>51450465

What cover?
>>
>>51450480
>unpainted
>>
>>51450611
Jump Infantry Troops would be OP, WAAC scum. Everyone knows that the only balanced Troop types are Infantry and Eldar Jetbikes.
>>
File: That_Bastard.jpg (24KB, 320x304px) Image search: [Google]
That_Bastard.jpg
24KB, 320x304px
Fucking Taufags
>>
>>51448338
Tis wrong the chaos gods existed in xenos form all over the galaxy
>>
>>51450603
Different anon

I belive the space wolves were being pretty ninja in one of those Macharius books.

Their leman russ also turned into a baneblade.

>>51450615
For starters thats frontal armour.
RPGs are meant to be the easiest, most disposable AT weapons at the moment yet a highly developed, extremely expensive bolter sucks ass
>>
>>51448285
Their Dangles.

Seriously though, expeditionary task force. Go out and do Sphess Muhreen shit so people think the Dork Angles are still all cool. They pal around with this bitchin Freeblade who's out to get killy since his House is a bunch of boring peacenicks.
>>
>>51450615
>most WW2 medium tanks had around a meter of armor
You clearly know absolutely nothing about what you're posting about.
>>
>>51450582
Black Templars canonically don't use Devastator Marines.
>>
>>51450633
>>51450628
Edit:
I thought you said mm
>>
If the Tau birthed a God how pathetic would it be?
>>
File: IMG_3340.jpg (527KB, 1185x803px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3340.jpg
527KB, 1185x803px
>>51450633
Effective armor, anon.

>>51450643
If it makes you feel any better, the T95 Super-Heavy had 1 foot of steel for a mantlet.
>>
>>51450603
>Marines can't dodge bullets. Fuck off.

Alright, to clarify, I'm not trying to say that Marines can dodge bullets and the like, but what they definitely can do is the same thing real soldiers have been doing forever, making themselves harder to hit, they can definitely do this with their enhanced agility, speed and reflexes. Or do you think that combat is as simple as pointing a gun at somebody moving in the open and watching them drop the moment you pull the trigger, especially if they're doing all the typical stuff to keep them from being hit? Now multiply it by three, because Marines.

Or hell, even if we ignore that, the Marine's almost guaranteed to have seen Battlesuits by this point, so if it is, indeed, a matter of just being shot once and dying immediately, then why was he running towards the Suit in the first place instead of being remotely tactically competent? This guy is a veteran of a century of combat and you're expecting him to make rookie mistakes?

The Battlesuit casually offing a Space Marine is bullshit, whichever way you put it, not because the Battlesuit won, not because the Astartes lost, not because the Space Marine didn't do a Neo and sidestep bullets after projection, but because the circumstances were somehow right to have a century veteran throw himself into a fire he likely knew would kill him when he could've just sustained fire from a better position or longer range and brought it down with a full mag-dump.
>>
>>51450607

You're being fundamentally dishonest if you're going to try and pretend being able to walk away from wounds isn't relevant. It's a pretty sad play. You know full well the point is Battlesuits are harder to kill than a marine.
>>
>>51450653
What would a chaos god of communism even look like?
>>
>>51450620
Oh, I'm sorry. I didn't realize they were fighting in a blank white perfectly level concrete room.

They wrote the scene, they can have some random rocks or wall for him to duck behind, or have him lie down behind the body of the many marine corpses the apothecary was tending to.
>>
>>51450611
>>51450622

Also, BA assault troop spam is why Death Company formations exist.
>>
>>51450653
>>51450667
> God of Gulags
I think we all know what this looks like
>>
>>51450667
Poverty and famine. So a starving Tau in rags.
>>
>>51450667
A metaphorical combination of Stalin, Mao, and Pol Pot.

Hilariously, it would hate the Tau, merely because of the Earth Caste being scientists, if we factor in the Pol Pot part.
>>
>>51448846
As a tyranid player, why did he have his tervigon that close? Was that the only thing that could that on the dred?
>>
>>51450592

>They're also noted for penetrating Power Armour in plenty of fiction

With focused fire. Lasguns have done the same, but are still explicitly stated to be bad against armour.

Crisis Suits aren't invincible, but they're simply much bigger, tougher and durable than a marine.
>>
>>51450663
>most WW2 medium tanks had 1 meter of effective armor
You clearly have no idea what you're posting about.
>>
>>51448285
Loyalist forces of Iron Warriors took in some gravely wounded Iron Hands during Istvaan. Fled to the Eastern Fringe and formed a Coalition of Iron, sharing their Legions cultures and a local Forge Worlds customs. Forge World fell to Chaos, and the marines failed to purge the Hereteks. They now are a fleet based Chapter renamed the Iron Spectres, whose purpose is to purge Hereteks and recover technology.

Ive even thought of a bit of fluff for my characters and special equipment for my narrative games.
>>
>>51450569
He's just too dumb to handle a narrative campaign. If someone tried to run one at his FLGS his brain would explode when he realized how you roll Warlord trait once at the beginning of the campaign and you use a wound chart for characters who are dropped to 0 wounds during the coarse of a game.

Mini Wargaming is actually running one called accession of madness.

Again some people are just dumb.
>>
>>51450593

Gav Thorpe short story. I botched the title slightly, it's Know THINE Enemy.
>>
>>51450666
Wound count represents how much damage you can take and keep fighting, not how hard it is to damage you.

If the superior Wounds had come into play, the Battlesuit would have been damaged but still combat capable. It wasn't. Fuck off, stop shitposting.
>>
>>51450636
They can take heavy weapons on crusader squads though.

Have them combat squad, and split the heavy weapons as one in each. Now they're basically two separate crusader squads.
>>
>>51450653
The god of superior firepower?
>>
>>51450663
For reference he could have been talking about absolute penetrating ability with a small angle to boost the overall distance required to penetrate by the projectile, but I don't think that WWII tanks had that nailed down yet and used retarded angles like 45 degrees which would be insignificant for an RPG
>>
>>51450611
Yeah that bothered me. BA always had Assault Marines as a troops chose and Scouts as an Elite.
>>
>>51450711
my local is doing a campaign called Path to Glory, but I kinda don't understand the rules
>>
>>51450711
Point out where any of that is in the rulebook.

You can make an elaborate roleplaying game based around hopscotch. That doesn't make hopscotch a narrative game.

Why are you rolling for the Warlord trait at all in a narrative game?
>>
>>51450698
>Crisis Suits aren't invincible, but they're simply much bigger, tougher and durable than a marine.

I never contested this, what I said was it's still possible for a Deatwatch Veteran to bring down a Crisis Suit, especially considering that Deathwatch are the elite of the already impressive Astartes. Bolters are rarely considered completely ineffective against Crisis Suits, and every hit is going to reduce its combat effectiveness by breaking sensors, rocking interior electronics or putting nearly fist-sized craters into its Fio'tak plating.

That's why I consider a Deathwatch Marine beating a Crisis Suit less insulting than a Tactical Marine doing nothing but getting chump'd without a word or action after completely failing to do anything with a surprise attack.
>>
>>51450664
You watch way too much anime.
>>
>>51450699
I never said that?
>>
So I am 1 model away from actually having my army entirely built. Pretty good feeling /tg/ - lots of painting left to go but I don't have to proxy anything anymore.
>>
Anyone play Gangs of Commorragh? How is it? Anyone got a scan of the rules?
>>
>>51450354
>>51450755

Don't the Watch have access to the Kraken bolts or something that make a mess out of heavy armor like Power Armor and Battlesuits?

Maybe he was firing those or something.
>>
What does Veterans of the Long War do?
>>
>>51450717

>not how hard it is to damage you.

Almost as if the argument is about what is more durable/harder to kill/survivable and not this irrelevant goalposting shifting bullshit.

>If the superior Wounds had come into play, the Battlesuit would have been damaged but still combat capable.

No one said it did come into play. We're talking about the general superiority of a battlesuit's durability. A battlesuit can still make it's 3+ while still having superior wounds.
>>
>>51450454
AoS is nothing more than a pretender wearing WHFB's skin, it's ""lore"" is on the same level as fan fiction.
>>
>>51450762
Yes, you did. Maybe you made a mistake in your quoting, but you proffered "effective armor" as a defense of claiming WW2 medium tanks had 65-100 cm of armor.
>>
>>51450762
He worded that weirdly he meant
> Most WW2 tanks had an effective armour of 1m
Which is, retarded because they hadn't worked out how triangles work at that point and subsequently thought that 45 degrees was the ideal point instead of like 10 degrees which makes a huge difference
>>
why don't Tauniggers paint their minis?
>>
>>51450787
Lets you play the superior version of XCOM.
>>
>>51450677

>No cover is specified
>Why didn't they use cover

Anon, have you ever seen a battlefield before? Do you think everything works like CoD where there is always a convenient chest high wall?
>>
>>51450804
Autism
>>
>>51450756
Don't watch much anime at all, actually, or do you still assume I'm saying that a Space Marine is some sort of Neo dodging bullets that have left the chamber? We're literally talking about a supersoldier with beyond Human reflexes, speed, agility and combat experience getting punked by a guy pressing a button, there's nothing irrational about suspecting the situation as it doesn't just portray the Battlesuit as superior, but the Astartes as completely braindead.
>>
>>51448285
A united waaaaagh for my ork army- all the klanz united.

For my imperial guard, they're renegades, but not heretics. They're still loyal to the emperor, but not the imperium as a whole.

For my chaos guys, they're noise marines that have been influenced by the dark eldar, deciding to paint themselves up like them.
>>
>>51450798
Look, it's still made by GW, and as shit as it is, it is what happened and it is still canon despite people bitching about it being worse because it's not what they wanted to happen, which is in fact, fanfiction.
>>
>>51450813
According to the books marines actually dodge bullets.
>>
>>51450755

It's possible for a properly equipped Death Watch marine to kill a suit. With a bolter? That's fucking retarded. There's no difference between a DW marine or any other marine getting away with this. More experience won't change the fact bolters suck at penetration.
>>
>>51450804
Like five minutes on any of the Tau boards would demonstrate that they do.
>>
Hey, how the hell do I fight infantry horde guard as skitarii? Nothing I've tried so far has worked, I just can't deal with all his infantry bubble wrapping his heavy guns.
>>
>>51448353
Haven't had a chance to play it yet, but I picked it up and started assembling models. There's talk of running a campaign at my store tho. Seems like fun
>>
>>51450801
>>51450803
Ah, sorry. Going by memory right now, probably wrong.
>>
>>51450818
> not loyal to the imperium
> not heretics
Son, report to your local commissar
>>
>>51450836
>More experience won't change the fact bolters suck at penetration.

Source other than Know Thine Enemy, Bolters murder Tau Fire Warriors, Carapaced soldiers and, on occasion, breach Power Armour. They're literally designed to throw armour piercing slugs that explode after penetration.
>>
>>51450740
because you're obviously autistic, I'll relink the previous anon's posting of two parts of the rule book that show that narrative play is embedded all throughout the rules
>>51449679
>>51449736
>>
>>51450849
Huehue.
They're broken down, renegade PDF. Not chaos tainted (Yet)
>>
>>51450319
>Mexican astartes
Why not crimson fists?
>>
>>51450840
The fuck is this supposed to be? Tau teleporting in or what?
>>
>>51450813
You literally just said that you wanted the space marine to dodge bullets like two posts ago.
>>
File: laughingclowngod .jpg (67KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
laughingclowngod .jpg
67KB, 250x250px
>Thread starts with its usual shtick of calling Tau Mary Sues
>Marine-fags start talking about how they totes can dodge bullets and kill crisis teams with bolters
>>
>>51450740
Because you need your warlord trait. You get it at the start of the Campaign before your first game. Just like a normal pick up game of 40k.

Same as all Psychic powers, and any randomly assigned items like Chaos boons. They are generated once at the start of the campaign.

Except that yes the core rule book encourages players to think in terms more like a Roleplaying game, as the other Annon pointed out.

The rules don't not support it, but the core rulebook is written from the broadest perspective and mostly for pick up games and tournaments as those are the two most common ways the game is played. They decided in the 7th edition core book to cut campaign play which was in 3rd and 4th core books, because they wanted to dedicate word count to other topics like their expanding universal rules and new unit types.
>>
>>51450842
Vanguard. Lots and lots of Vanguard. Vanguard are gonna be able to pump out a silly amount of s3 wounds due to the Radium Rifles Assault 3, and than the additional wounds from the rad. Rules.
>>
>>51450877

>kill crisis teams with bolters

Which you can do with Kraken bolts.
>>
>>51450869
Unless you're confusing me for somebody else, no, I don't think I did, in fact:

I'm not trying to say that Marines can dodge bullets and the like, but what they definitely can do is the same thing real soldiers have been doing forever, making themselves harder to hit, they can definitely do this with their enhanced agility, speed and reflexes.

>>51450877
>>Marine-fags start talking about how they totes can dodge bullets and kill crisis teams with bolters

>Nobody's talking about how they can dodge bullets, just make themselves harder to hit
>Nobody's saying they can kill Crisis Teams with bolters, just that Bolters have the power to kill a Crisis Suit eventually

Wow, really good job there stirring up the fire, Anon.
>>
>>51450867
Stealth fields.
All of my remaining posts will now feature Tau minis at various stages of painting, found using such complex processes as just looking around at Tau groups and not being a fucking meme-trained fag.
>>
>>51450904

Says a baseline Marine, not a Sternguard.
>>
>>51450877
That's not being a mary sue, that's just standard super powers and having half-decent weapons. The Tau are Mary Sues because they are able to beat Space Marines, Eldar, and Orks, who all have abilities like that, despite having nothing at the sort besides plot armor.
>>
>>51450877
Well in the lore marines are many times more ridiculous than in the game.
>>
>>51450907
whoops.
>>
>>51450905
Space Marines actually should be able to kill crisis suits given that they can penetrate eight inches of plasteel.
>>
Bolters in the fluff are not pointless S4 AP5 pieces of shit, they're more like Assault 5 S6 Rending.
>>
>>51450907
>and as you see here, Taunigger butthurt
post your models faggit
>>
File: holotactics.jpg (251KB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
holotactics.jpg
251KB, 2048x1536px
>>51450914
>half-decent weapons
>Tau don't have this "standard superpower" despite it literally being the Tau superpower

I'd try to find some picture relevant to how retarded you sound if I wasn't dedicated to posting painted tau, right now.
>>
>>51450924
If those hooves were boots I'd think he was wearing a red bersion of a Rebel Pilot jumpsuit.
>>
In one of the novels a marine uses reflexes, speed and combat skill to roflstomp a few dozen experienced guard shooting directly at him.
They do this too Eldar too who you would think had an advantage.
>>
>>51450934
I'd say lower Str 5 at best, the Rending doesn't really have any sway since Bolters just routinely get rejected by Terminator Armour and anything of that level. Not only that but we do have comparisons in the books that suggest they're not quite as strong as Pulse Rifles but somewhat better at penetrating armour. Not only that but we're also aware that Human-class Bolters are, in fact, worse than Legion-Class Bolters in terms of raw hitting power.

It's kinda up in the air, but they wouldn't be much better than what they are on TT, really.
>>
>>51450934
Actually I'd make Bolters S4 AP 4. The only armor that should offer defense against them is power armor, as they were specifically made to pulp armored targets like carapace armor.

Although the Armor/AP mechanic needs to be scrapped and completely redone, along with the entire game.
>>
>>51450973
Its... it's almost like that's why they made fantasy into AoS

I'm not defending AoS I'm just trying to rationalise it
>>
>>51450949
Plot armor isn't a superpower, it's retarded writers. Tau should have gotten wiped out multiple times realistically given their lower power, low manpower, and determination to piss off everybody surrounding them. They weren't even supposed to be a major faction, but represent all the minor xenos empires. But then GW went full retard and full Weaboo.
>>
>>51450992
AoS was a good idea executed terribly. If they learned from their mistakes, an AoSing of 40k could be a really good thing.

>implying GW learns from mistakes
>>
>>51450973
Honestly I wouldn't mind seeing AP becoming a penalty to the die roll to save. that could be interesting across the board.
>>
>>51450973
>Although the Armor/AP mechanic needs to be scrapped and completely redone
why and how?
>>
>>51451006
New guy running the company seems to be thinking a bit differently from the old guard. They just might.
>>
>>51448254
According to Wrath of Magnus theres around 10,000 TSon Sorcerers and who know how many rubrics. This is fluff breaking but two SW fanbois wrote the supplement so...
>>
>>51450960
In another novel a space marine kicks a tau train off its tracks into an flier. Again, man, it's just dumb shit all around.
>>
>>51451017
Different guy here
I think that going to a 2d6 version of armour saves and AP and lowering the size of average games would be much more precise and hence, enjoyable.
>>
>>51451063
>2d6 version of armour saves
wouldn't that just add to clutter?
>>
>>51451049
The Thousand Sons were retconned to the second smallest legion of like 100,000. iirc. Raven Guard are now the smallest, at 70,000?
>>
>>51450993
I agree. Which is why I'm a fan of federation Tau more than spess robits.
>>
>>51451068
yeah thats why the game size needs to be lowered
>>
>>51450993

>Tau should have gotten wiped out multiple times

And would have were the Galaxy at large not concerned with more pressing issues of survival and or aggression.

> represent all the minor xenos empires

I find that unlikely.
>>
>>51451017
Armor these days is all but irrelevant. Just about every unit either has the option to take some kind of AP 3/2 weapon or has something to deal with that included by default and even if it'S not built-in it's ridiculously easy to access and so cheap that it really doesn't matter. Though the latter is probably also due to how readily available AV 2 is for most armies so there obviously needs to be some answer to it.

It's basically a vicious circle. AV 2 is easy to get -> need to make answer to AV 2 easy to get -> AP 2 weapons are so easy to get that AV 2 becomes irrelevant -> make it easier to get to at least make it count against weapons without AP 2

They should drastically reduce the number of units with AV 2 or rework the entire system. If AP 2/3 weapons weren't everywhere then a simple AV 4 save might be more relevant again since there'll be less penetration and you wouldn't have to cheese up cover saves to a constant 3++ or stack FNP or Invuln saves.
>>
File: 1454882669780.png (703KB, 1024x1219px) Image search: [Google]
1454882669780.png
703KB, 1024x1219px
>>51450992
Oh I can completely see the justification. 40k as a system is fucked, and although I wouldn't favor a system as simple as AOS or based off the retarded D6 (fuck you D6), if I had the power I would scrap all the rules. 40k is currently an objectively shit game suffering from both model and rule bloat. There are many unnecessary units, rules, systems, and codices to such a point that the whole thing needs to be thrown out and restarted.

If I had the power I'd-

>Scrap all rules
>Create a special rules department. No more 'this guy writes one codex, another guy writes another codex, etc'. Everything is standardized and written by the same team for maximum balance.
>Cut all fluff and art from the codices. Rename them simple "Rulebooks" and make them free.
>Split the game and excise escalation/apocalypse from 40k. All 40k games will be at skirmish level, 1,500 points or lower with nothing bigger than a Leman Russ legal.
>Anything bigger than 1.5k points is apocalypse. Apocalypse has no balance and is the "fuck it play with everything in the kitchen sink" game meant for players with large collections.
>Codices are now high production lore and artbooks. They are released very rarely, while rulebooks are updated automatically. These are the chief sources for knowledge of the universe.
>Get rid of the start-and-go campaigns and "chaos will kill everybody" bullshit, and instead create a living campaign that never stops.
>>
>>51451082
why not just have saves like flames of war?
>vets get a 3+
>trained gets 4+
>conscript gets 5+
but instead of those specifically it would be something else
idk man
>>
>>51451072
>Raven Guard are now the smallest, at 70,000?
80,000 but that was after they got shrekt during a campaign.
>>
>>51451135
>>51451135
>>51451135
>>
>>51451092
>>Anything bigger than 1.5k points is apocalypse.
Into the trash it goes.
>>
>>51451092
I think that what they really need to do is completely overhaul the SM codex so it is playable as a CAD and still competitive as one, because they seem to base everything off the space marines which is why orks suck so many balls.
>>
>>51450809
More like 'this scene would be better if they had written in some cover for the marine to hide behind instead of just getting blasted'

The writer has control over that. Saying that there's no cover when I'm saying the scene would be better if there was accomplishes nothing
>>
>>51450836
>i literally am incapable of understanding how armor penetration works

I bet you think that Kevlar vests magically stop bullets with no harm to the wearer.
>>
>>51449016
Yeah, they don't want to
>>
>>51450862
Because FUCK Dorn, that's why.

Also as a Texan with a deep interest in Mexican history and culture, Crimson Fists are only superficially Mexican at best. They're far closer to Spanish than they are Mexican.
>>
>>51450603
What an insufferable faggot.
>>
>>51449847
They have to be vanilla to serve as core choice
>>
>>51449844
>Bet your white

Of course, niggers couldn't steal enough TV's for these models if they wanted too.
>>
>>51450480
Why are you putting pin up models on your battlesuit? It's like you're a fucking 13 year old, but you play Tau so it's not like I don't already think you are.
Thread posts: 388
Thread images: 43

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.