[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Pathfinder General /pfg/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 365
Thread images: 49

Pathfinder General /pfg/

Flight! How do you do flight in your games? Does your character fly so good?
Ever had someone play a strix or syrinx? Ever had someone do Vestigial Wings -> Aerial Wings with Bloodforge?

Unified /pfg/ link repository: http://pastebin.com/hAfKSnWW

Avowed Playtest 1:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B5HkyGRtGZy3SWVhdWFBWERWWjg
Avowed Playtest 2: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1rV7kaF9JL2gw9xQalkEnlEDL9WXtbsaCqNABm_pLIgc/edit?usp=sharing
Malefex Playtest: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1W3LrE8WyIxxYRr8d9dHsWioeUk_-HZaSMqVWRnzc9Fc/edit?usp=sharing

Spheres of Might previews:
Part 1: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1aLaYQEFAWU4zQBx58boJPPaySLgJc0Emmw9eKyIJeGI/
Part 2: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1pyLq03W2ju58PcKOUq5YXoFowf_weBNzuWtjCMdINXk/edit

Old Thread: >>51435842
>>
Relinking the lfg thing I posted last thread and the thread before that:

https://app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/67758/pathfinder-the-houserule-testing-edition

Come here if you want a non-lewd, non-ERP game where i'm testing a shitload of houserules to see how Pathfinder works with much less intense feat taxes, and slightly more flexible skills, and Spheres of Might and Power and some beefed up 1pp Martials.
>>
>>51442574
Flight Hex.
>>
What's the best way to become an important servant of Urgathoa? Just do a lot of cocaine off of elf booties while eating halfling meat or what?
>>
>>51442574
I've played a Strix twice, both ended up being one-offs. It's too bad, they seem fun.
>>
>>51442655
Find an endangered animal, eat it, then let half the meat spoil and raise it as a zombie.
>>
>>51442655

Pepe the Frog.
>>
>>51442699
>trespass in the Egorian City Zoo
>murder the pandas
>eat the pandas
>resurrect the pandas

Presto!
>>
>>51442754

Are pandas real in Golarion?
>>
Would anybody be interested in a lewd game with rotating DMs? Everybody runs 'story arcs' before passing it off to the next player who runs the next story arcs. Story arcs can be anywhere from 3 to 9 sessions.
>>
>>51442799

Not really, I'm very tired of "lewd" and would much rather play a serious campaign of Kingmaker or Shattered Star.
>>
File: 1485441623074.png (94KB, 200x284px) Image search: [Google]
1485441623074.png
94KB, 200x284px
>>51442818
>Kingmaker
>Shattered Star
>serious
>>
File: PSIV-zio.jpg (22KB, 267x456px) Image search: [Google]
PSIV-zio.jpg
22KB, 267x456px
>>51442574
>Does your character fly so good?
All of my characters invariably find some way to be free of gravity. It's just far too useful and sensible.

Question /pfg/, would you allow a Neurokineticist (Legendary Kineticists) to take Thrallherd (Dreamscarred Press)?
Thematically it fits and would only need a little bit of tweaking to make the Thrallherd bonuses line up with talents from the Neurokineticist, and I don't see any balance issues aside from the usual leadership ones that have already been talked over and agreed upon.

Also, who else has their mental magic/psionic/illusion/etc type characters dress in full armor and carry big weapons so that nobody suspects that they're the source of all the mind-fuckery following the party around?
>>
>>51442818
Shattered Star would be one of the most boring experiences imagineable if it was taken seriously. Hell, even not taken wholly seriously it's been kind of dull.
>>
I want to marry Alaznist!
>>
>>51442574
So dragon game happened last night. How was it?
>>
>can pump enchantment spells to have ridiculous DCs that nothing in the bestiary you'd likely face at a given level could succeed
>but a fuckton of shit you're likely to face also has immunity to most enchantment spells, rendering that massive DC utterly worthless

What AP has the fewest things immune to getting brainfucked by enchantments?
>>
>>51442953
Actually, what *would* be a good campaign to take "seriously"? Kingmaker might be alright, but it'd probably be pretty dull. Maybe Strange Aeons?
>>
>>51443259
How do we make Kingmaker less dull?
>>
File: Xanderghul.jpg (59KB, 434x599px) Image search: [Google]
Xanderghul.jpg
59KB, 434x599px
>>51442976
I want to marry Xanderghul!
>>
>>51443259
Hell's Rebels
If you are willing to rewrite 50% of it
>>
>>51443288
Throw out everything after book one and write a more interesting series of events
>>
>>51443288
More accurate question: how do you make running a kingdom less dull? Because Kingmaker, while it's fiddly, is decent enough at it for a game. Which is the problem.
>>
>>51443236
Surprisingly political
>>
File: tumblr_mg1b20SETC1qzamioo5_1280.jpg (291KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mg1b20SETC1qzamioo5_1280.jpg
291KB, 600x600px
>>51443259
Eh, I find trying to take 'horror' games seriously either results in instant TPK or instant retirement from adventuring.
Or worse, whatever was trying to fuck your shit up just... not. Because... mystery???
>>
>>51443362
Horror is basically presenting lot of danger without actually imposing any
Players need to try to scare themselves to make it work.
>>
>>51443378
That's true, horror doesn't really work in a setting where the person describing the horrific geometric shapes is spherical himself.
>>
File: 130-Siglud_(Super_Tactics_Book).png (1MB, 808x1168px) Image search: [Google]
130-Siglud_(Super_Tactics_Book).png
1MB, 808x1168px
>>51443288
Play Book 1 normally, then rip off Fire Emblem 1 through 10 in functionally any order you want or with any bits and pieces. It's what I'm doing and I'm pilfering from FE4
>>
>>51443299
Not gonna lie, a campaign revolving around a pack of insane fans that want to get freaky with the long-slumbering Runelords would be hilarious.
>>
>>51443288
>>51443329

Throw away the Fey plot, replace it with Brevoy's deteriorating political situation causing refugees to populate the player's kingdom and, eventually, Brevoy collapses into civil war where the party is forced to pick a side.

Feels a little like Fire Emblem.
>>
>>51443249
I mean if you can take 3 levels in mesmerist, and your GM to allow it, you can get 50% to bypass mind-affecting immunity.
>>
File: SamusSnake.jpg (297KB, 700x525px) Image search: [Google]
SamusSnake.jpg
297KB, 700x525px
>>51443536
Well shit, that's actually a good idea.
Saving this for if I ever run Kingmaker.
>>
>>51443391
>and the shape that the ovoid formed... Was just like me! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA!
>>
File: Megumin Despair.png (587KB, 933x720px) Image search: [Google]
Megumin Despair.png
587KB, 933x720px
>>51443472
>you will never begin as a mercenary company who ends up wrangled into building a kingdom to bridge the gap between humans and nonhumans
>you will never find your countryside plagued by increasingly bizarre monsters assaulting the peasantry
>you will never discover a troupe of dancers on the run from the undead during one of your outings
>you will never discover that they're actually all dragons and half-dragons
>you will never stop a cabal of mad necromancers from attempting to raise the ULTIMATE UNDEAD by using the corpse of a long-forgotten dragon god
>>
>>51443328
>>51443472
>>51443536
That's actually pretty cool
>>
>>51439889
I have several:
Play E6
Play E8
Play E12
Ban the Planar X spells, the Wish/Miracle line, the calling part of Gate, the Simulacrum line, Astral Projection, the Shadow Evocation/Conjuration line, anything that allows you to gain multiple turns of unimpeded activity, the Word line, and Greater Scrying/Greater Teleport to get rid of the old Scry and Die.

The thing about SoP that makes it seem like it's less broken is that it's new and makes casters pay for bits and pieces of power. This doesn't mean that there aren't any profoundly worrying options (Mind has complete lockdowns better than Wizard classics by level 1-3), it means that for a long time you have one, maybe two big tricks. So if one of your big tricks is too good, that's too bad because fixing it requires a full rework of a character instead of five minutes and an admonition of "you're breaking the game".

There's been almost a full generation's worth of autism on the theory of 3.X; if your system does not engage with said autism, it will most likely fail to fully fix the problem.
>>
>>51443649
I've got one more: all full casters are now on the Bard progression.
>>
>>51443536

How would you alter everything post-book 1? Make book 6 about assaulting Brevoy and Choral while Pitax is funded by Surtova?
>>
File: 2huConfusedWoof.jpg (402KB, 730x780px) Image search: [Google]
2huConfusedWoof.jpg
402KB, 730x780px
>>51443698
>all full casters are now bard progression

why even bother saying this instead of "no fullcasters, play halfcasters instead" or "your spell list is restricted from these spells"
>>
>>51443649
>The thing about SoP that makes it seem like it's less broken is that it's new and makes casters pay for bits and pieces of power. This doesn't mean that there aren't any profoundly worrying options (Mind has complete lockdowns better than Wizard classics by level 1-3), it means that for a long time you have one, maybe two big tricks. So if one of your big tricks is too good, that's too bad because fixing it requires a full rework of a character instead of five minutes and an admonition of "you're breaking the game".
I thought that the whole problem with wizard is that they have an entire utility bag of tricks to throw at problems and can with 15 minutes change their leftover spells loadout from blasting to utility to whatever. By limiting that to less few big tricks, isn't that a step forwards in limiting their power?
>>
File: angry suzu.gif (974KB, 500x266px) Image search: [Google]
angry suzu.gif
974KB, 500x266px
>>51443236
The kobold likes herself some big-girl breasts
The midget blew a fuse when someone else insulted his size
>>
>>51443733
People get mad when casters can function as anything other than buff bots.
>>
>>51443739

[TRIGGERED]
>>
>>51443717
I already did the latter, read the previous post. The former leaves a lot of material off the table.

Given Wizard specialization, Cleric domains, Druid domains and Sorcerer/Oracle/Psychic bonus spells, you're trading BAB progression for an extra spell or two per level under this setup.

Also, Bard progression also keeps those casters gaining something past level 12 other than surplus slots.
>>
>>51443391
Another part that horror has trouble with is time. No no, not the pacing. But rather the epoch.

There was a time where the very idea of a non-euclidean entity grasping beyond spacetime with its tentacles was enough to make someone faint by the mere mention.

But, imagine people today. YES, fight or flight will kick the fuck in; but the mindbreak? The mindset of "it's impossible" for many folks is no longer the realm of "I am staring at god or the devil my soul is damned oh gods here comes eternity" as it once was. Squids were once beyond scary to a lot of mainlanders... Remember "freak shows"? Where you'd get a pretty good reaction from some for things as simple as "that rabbit has a horn sticking out of its head" or "the lady has a beard" (boy did THAT last one ever get to stick around)

Yes, people will think "OH SHIT OH SHIT OH SHIT OH SHIT OH SHIT", but they'll also be thinking "is that a wormhole? a dimensional portal? is it some kind of innate ability or a gate generator of some kind? Fuck that's a lot of teeth."

You could say that Star Trek called it, as it did call quite a few things (flip-phones in TOS - hell ours are BETTER except for the range, tablets in TNG...); people are increasingly likely, due to our upbringing of fantasy, sci-fi and videogames being understood as fiction (unlike when the bible was real word for word or else you get the fucking strap), to view some eldritch abomination the same way kirk and spock and bones did: by asking why a "god" would need a starship, or wondering if that giant colour from out of space is trying to suck up the warp-drive.
>>
>>51443812
I do so hate that term...

But, well... yes. Draconic Essence class ability means you get a compulsion flaw... in my case, there's a will-save against taking offense when insulted. It's actually a fairly easy save... but uh, easy don't mean automatic all the time.

It's, uh, my sense of justice, about, uh, that guy being the panty thief. That made me forget myself. Yeah. Justice.
>>
>>51443832
If anything you might say modern north-americans get more fear out of the current political climate than they do at the thought of being eaten first.
>>
>>51443832
>But, imagine people today. YES, fight or flight will kick the fuck in; but the mindbreak?

Also, don't forget stuff like how in one of Lovecraft's stories, the horrifying mindbreak twist ending is...

...the main character discovering that a tribal black African woman was one of his ancestors.

SHOCK

HORROR
>>
>>51443896

Tribal black Africans are pretty monstrous, anon.
>>
>>51443828
Bard Progression implies "no spells over 7th level", at which point you have to ask: "Why the fuck would I bother with a Wizard/Cleric/Whatever?". Wizard Specializations are icing on the "gets spells" cake. Domains as well. Perhaps you've got it more thoroughly mapped out and I'm just not seeing it, but I don't see much of a benefit to being a fullcaster with the limited information about your revisions that I have.

That's not a bad thing, mind you. Fullcasting, as amusing as it may be sometimes, is bullshit and SHOULD get shoved out the door. This just sounds like you're pretending you haven't done that when you have.
>>
>>51443884

Really? I'm absurdly excited to see what our current political climate will entail. Our president is starting to put this country in the right direction.
>>
>>51443859
So you're Edward Elric in the form of a dragon?
>>
>>51443936
Yes, I'm sure "alternative facts" are a potent of great things to come.
>>
>>51443936
Boy, you're either dumb as hell or you got too much fucking money and thus deserve death like all capitalist swine.
>>
>>51443948
Please, let's not talk about alternative facts alongside the gagging order given to government scientists saying anything they've got to say must be vetted by government offices and properly edited, and the obvious implications that anything further coming out of the governmental scientific institutions will be just as alternative facts as the white house crowds.

It's not the place for this discussion at all.
>>
>>51443733
That is mostly theory-op. In a vacuum, a prepared full caster can do anything and everything, but that requires unfettered access to scrolls and magical writing (Wizard), unfettered access to metagame material and leaving slots open for utility and knowing what you're facing 15+ minutes in advance (Cleric, Druid). Having a silver bullet for obscure situations is actually a bonus for the party, because if nobody guessed right for that situation, it can be a real bad time.

Where full casters truly dominate is where they can amass enough power to fundamentally obviate entire chunks of the game world. For example: if you can Planar Bind things with Wish consistently, you can shit out magic items, get +5 inherent to every stat, cast any spell in the game at any time with no waiting, free yourself up to cast even MORE binding spells (or Simulacrum) and have a small army of things way above the rest of the party's (and the world's) weight.

If you have unfettered access to anywhere you can perceive with Scrying and Teleport, you can buff up, skip a dungeon, grab the McGuffin, kill anything in their sleep/unbuff state, and leave in under a minute of game time.

If you have ways of making backups (Astral Projection) and a way to plane hop, you can adventure without ever worrying about death or losing gear, only time. And time doesn't mean much when you get 10 rounds to everyone else's one.

All of these are "one big trick" and they completely wreck games. A caster could do something else, but why would they? The way to balance things is to find a class or set of mechanics that are widely considered to work, then build everything to that standard. There are multiple standards to choose from, and SoP can't seem to decide which one it wants. It mechanically makes everyone Fighter-like, as in Feats are the stock in trade for class features, but like Feats, requires long chains to get full functionality, hobbling dabblers and rewarding accounting for power.
>>
File: [puns intensify].gif (209KB, 178x186px) Image search: [Google]
[puns intensify].gif
209KB, 178x186px
>>51443299
But anon, you'd be loving an illusion.
>>
File: nJULydj.jpg (191KB, 825x1075px) Image search: [Google]
nJULydj.jpg
191KB, 825x1075px
I want to marry a wyvaran!
>>
>>51444025

I want to marry a woman I've grown to love through multiple sessions and side conversations!
>>
>>51442597

I'm interested, but you might be coming off as a bit stuffy. Are you gonna get mad at me if I try to romance an NPC, or if my character is sexy and suggestive? Are you going to demand that I stop injecting my horrible fetishes into the game if I make a very demure, submissive character?
>>
File: 1234316.png (144KB, 334x435px) Image search: [Google]
1234316.png
144KB, 334x435px
>>51444031
That's the gayest thing I've read this week, and I read yaoi mangas.
>>
>>51444039
It's more that I dont want it to become the focus of the game, really. Leave the lewd shit to be fade to black.
>>
>>51442574
I actually still don't even fucking know how flight or the Fly skill work.
>>
>>51444031
And I want to marry no one.
>>
>>51444031
Fucking queer
>>
>>51444058
>>51444075

>It's gay to prefer romance with someone you have a connection

Nani?
>>
>>51444062
Fly is a usage of the Acrobatics skill that was accidentally written down separately. You can read its mechanics anytime.
>>
>>51444102
Why IS Fly seperate, anyway? That still doesn't make any sense to me, feels like a skill tax.
>>
>>51443948
Hey man, Eastasia was always our ally. We have always been at war with Oceania.
>>
Are Bardiche good? What are their advantages and weaknesses?

Is there any Lamellar armour?
>>
File: 1420399904431.jpg (519KB, 1200x1027px) Image search: [Google]
1420399904431.jpg
519KB, 1200x1027px
>>51444025
I prefer Wyverian myself
>>
>>51444101
It's gay to prefer romance. REAL men just pump and dump. Connections? What are you, a flaming homolord?
>>
>>51444134

Bardiche is very solid, personally one of my favorite weapons.

There is Lamellar! It's under the Eastern Armor.
>>
File: Pervert.jpg (65KB, 851x482px) Image search: [Google]
Pervert.jpg
65KB, 851x482px
>>51444031
>>
File: Trombe.jpg (93KB, 400x500px) Image search: [Google]
Trombe.jpg
93KB, 400x500px
>>51444143
Actually, REAL men ride each-other.
In their giant robots.
>>
>>51444143

What if I told you I'd even be fine if she already has a kid or was known as extremely promiscuous?
>>
>>51444139
>Felynes
Has anyone played that homebrewed race?

Are they fun?
>>
>>51444139
I always found that picture extremely cute, and I've no clue why.
>>
File: nope_NOPE_NOOOOOOPPPPPEEEE.webm (1MB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
nope_NOPE_NOOOOOOPPPPPEEEE.webm
1MB, 480x360px
>>51444185
>>
>>51444185

>Actually taking care of another man's kid
>Actually wanting the village slut

ABSOLUTE
MADMAN
>>
>>51444199
It's cause she's drunkenly fondling her soaking wet pussy with her feet while another pussy rubs her head.
>>
>>51444185
I'd call you a literal cuck.
>>
>>51444239

It's only cuckoldry if the woman cheats on him during the relationship, and has a kid that way.
>>
>>51444239
/pol/ pls go
>>
File: Ah.jpg (107KB, 541x538px) Image search: [Google]
Ah.jpg
107KB, 541x538px
>>51444227
>>
>>51444117
It is intended as a form of tax, that's its sole purpose. They believe it's a systemic nerf on casters.
>>
>>51444337
lol
>>
>>51444264
She's "extremely promiscuous", it's bound to happen unless we're in a fantasy land where she's suddenly not a slut.

>>51444279
How the fuck is that /pol/? Are you a child who parrots whatever meme of the week you see even if you don't know what it means?
>>
>>51444350
>it's bound to happen unless we're in a fantasy land where she's suddenly not a slut.

Good thing we ARE in a fantasy land where a slutty PC/NPC can go from sucking dick by the dozen every Friday night to snuggling up with her lover while working out baby names.
>>
>>51444337
>tax on casters
>when EVERYONE wants to fly

wwwwwwwwww
>>
>>51444425
Paizo
>>
>>51442574
I always try to fly at some point(when I actually get to play and not GM). The trouble used to come from my preference for playing martial characters. Fortunately, Aegis exists and isn't terrible. At some point in the future I'd also like to play an Avowed, since it looks like a fun class and it gets flight at lvl 10 with no restrictions.
>>
>>51444425
Yep. Not to mention even in scenarios where casters are flying and the rest of the party aren't, the difference between flying and not flying is so black-and-white that it hardly matters how good they are at it, unless they fucking fall from being so bad.
>>
>>51444059

Most lewd games around here don't seem to "focus" on erp. There's just a lot of stupid anime moments like how in the Dragons game the kobold fell into some other dragon's tits on "accident" and ended up being symetrical docking.

I really believe the people who like lewd games just wanna have characters that act pervy, and not be judged. Or they want to acknowledge the fact that sexuality is a thing that exists, because in a lot of other games you get dirty looks for even asking if the librarian is hot.

I recommend you advertise it as just "a game" instead of specifically non-lewd. When people ask, just state the focus on the game won't be on lewds.
>>
>>51444139

Is she a street fighter charaacter? The size of her feet suggest she's from street fighter.
>>
>>51444363
But what if she relapses one day at the marketplace, and steps into an alley with 20 strangers for some raw, semi-public group-fucking?
>>
>>51444514
>not recognizing the iconic creatures from Monster Hunter
You make me ashamed to be a fa/tg/uy.
>>
>>51444518
That's why you get to know her and her needs anon. If she really needs to have a train run on her every once in a while you just call all your old adventuring buddies up and get her done. Falling that there are always summon spells for that illicit tryst feel.
Work with your slut, not against her.
>>
>>51444544
Sorry I don't own nintentoddler consoles
>>
>>51444475
Flying is easy until tight turns are needed or damage is taken, and the Fly spell itself gives a bonus anyway. So the only people who need to fly WELL are melee fliers.
>>
>>51444553
>anything but chaste, pure monogamy

But that's not Justice
>>
hi guys, i have a dilemma. i'm actually playing a campaign as a bard. as a long term plan I'd like to raise a little goblin as a companion. how can I do it? I'm level 4 and so I can't have yet Autority as a feat. the actual problem is that the little brat that I captured today is little, is a child, so I have to be like a father to him. how can I do it? I speak goblin.
>>
>>51442818
Kingmaker is incredibly time consuming and I'd be super paranoid about making picks from /pfg/ for it.

>>51443906
Not really, most were relatively chill until people started trying to kill them
>>
>>51444596
I think you are using a different definition of the word 'justice' than the dictionary.
>>
>>51444598
You need a fucking feat to do basic roleplay now?
>>
>>51444617
He meant looking.
>>
>>51444544

I was close. She certainly has Capcom tier feet. Look at how big just her toe is, dude.

She's ready to use far standing Roundhouse as a spacing and whiff punishing tool, dude. Her crouching forward kick into super could probably make Chun Li blush.
>>
>>51444598
>How do I RP in a fatherly manner.
Have you tried RPing in a fatherly manner?
>>
>book of vices is available in Wrath of the Raunchy
>this means I can take Divine Virginity for hyper vow of celibacy
>get sweet sweet extra spell slots

ALL THIS POWER
>>
>>51443928
That was the entire point of the exercise, please read >>51443649
>>
>>51444721
And my question of "why even allow fullcasters if you don't want them, and are just going to dumpster them all the way down" still stands
>>
>>51444674
I like you.
>>
I heard Starfinder won't have fullcasters in core.

Is that right?
>>
>>51444713
What happens if you lose your virginity? All those delicious slots gone?
>>
>>51444824
The core classes casters highest spell level will be 6th.
>>
>>51444824
They are reworking the magic system so that everyone stays in the same Tier as they level.

I don't trust Paizo, but I am intrigued
>>
>>51444838
If I do it willingly? Yes.

If I am raped or dominate person'd into it then I have to cast atonement to get it back.

It also isn't just about virginity. I can't accept touch spells from anyone or willing come into contact with them. I'm allowed to use unarmed strikes however.
>>
>>51444869
So no Lay Hands?
>>
>>51444886
Nope. I can only use my familiar to deliver touch spells as well.

Also strangely the feat only forbids the pleasurable touch of others not of oneself. Seems like a big oversight.
>>
>>51444900
How do you think all those "chaste" clergymembers kept sane? Lay on Hands of self.
>>
>>51444900
What 'bout offensive Touch spells?
>>
>>51444922
That's fine. There is a clause made for attacking others. So unarmed strikes, natural attacks, and offensive touch spells should be fine.
>>
>>51444753
Six level casting is not dumpstering, especially off of the full Sor/Wiz/Clr list. Fuck, Planar Binding is 6th. Scrying and Teleport are 5th, with the Bard and Summoner getting discounts on the greater versions. Plane Shift is still Clr 5.

The right Domains/Specializations are still better than the shit other classes get. What more do you want?
>>
>>51444869
>willing come into contact with them
What about unwillingly?

>paladin puts out his hands
>you just so happen to be walking backwards
>accidentally bump into paladin's outstretched hands
>Surprise Lay Hands'd
>>
>>51444942
I have to cast atonement to get the spell slots back.
>>
>>51444753
>dumpster them
>fullcasters are only good when they can freely manipulate the universe at a whim, everything else doesn't matter
>>
>>51444475
So if a paladin fails a fly check do they lose their class abilities?
>>
>>51444952
I hope I get into a game with you with that character, cause I'd do that shit constantly.
>>
>>51444979
No, fuck off, I need to find a 9th level cleric every time it happens to get the slots back.
>>
>>51444753
Things such as the Warpriest, Hunter, and Eldritch Scoundrel exist. So, cutting a list down to cap out at 6th while still keeping the rest of the spells on the Wizard/Cleric/Druid list is fine to me, at least.
>>
File: Uruk Hai Wallpaper.jpg (817KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Uruk Hai Wallpaper.jpg
817KB, 1920x1080px
Any meme games going on?
>>
>>51445016
All of them are meme games.
>>
>>51444998
And it would be hilarious. And then one day we'll look back at it.

And we'd laugh. And laugh. And laugh. Oh boy.
>>
>>51445021
You know exactly what I meant
>>
>>51445003
>EScoundrel

Or the Warlock Vigilante.

I think the idea we're dancing around is that the full casters don't get meaningful class abilities outside of 9th level casting. Wizards get Bonus Feats (ha!), Specialization abilities and Discoveries. Druids get a bunch of random shit you don't care about, Wildshape and a pocket Fighter or a Domain. Clerics get two Domains, Channeling and fuck-all else.

That's a valid point to make, which could possibly be solved with a free adjunct Archetype slotting into the dead levels, or taking design cues from the Arcanist/Psychic and giving people class abilities that aren't tchotchke crap, hopefully.
>>
>>51444620
She must be faithful, or she's violating the marital bond, attacking not just you but all married persons alive and dead, as well as the very ideas of Marriage and Love.
>>
File: hataraku_maou_sama Realization.jpg (44KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
hataraku_maou_sama Realization.jpg
44KB, 640x360px
>>51444933
>>51445003
I get the logic, but I look at the Wizard/Cleric/Druid and think "man, those features are boring as fuck, but spells progress really fast". The classes do not have the same amount of features as a 6th caster. Under this system, why would I ever want to bother with a Cleric or Druid when Warpriest and Hunter are right there? Hell, even Warlock Vigilante compared to a Wizard comes out ahead in features, even though it sucks dick without Jolly content.

>>51444967
Removing problem spells is a good idea. "Absolutely no spell slots of 7th and up" is a completely different animal.
>>
>>51443698
Give them more slots/knowns at least to signify that they are in fact dedicated casters unlike existing 6ths-capped classes. Bard-progression implies they still have an actual feature set to fall back on aside from spells, and for most full-casters this is not true (nor should it be; the character concept of a pure dedicated mage is not something you should be failing to represent in a system like PF, regardless of how balance is going).
>>
Did DHB ever put out an unchained wizard?
>>
>>51444617

I'm one of the few people I can guarantee won't ghost or be annoying!
>>
>>51445130
Nope. Only thing he actually finished recently is a new UC fighter archetype.
>>
>>51445171
Shame. Shifting focus away from spells and towards school abilities would have been pretty cool.
>>
>>51445099
So swingers and three way love arrangements are against justice and the concept of marriage then?
>>
If I make an opponent lose HP, is that considered the same as damage in Pathfinder? I saw the Sympathetic Drain power and am wondering how much I can do to further boost a build using it.
>>
>>51445242
Depends. Is it an inherently chaotic act? Or can it be lawful in some way, depending on how it's handled?

I could see something like dwarves or another rigid society actually adjudicating something like this in cases where one spouse has to be gone/busy for long periods and the other needs sexual attention that they can't provide.
>>
>>51445242

Indeed they are, they're antithetical to the institution of marriage and justice.

Just call it what it is, a fuck triangle.
>>
>>51445275
Loss of hp isn't the same as damage. Damage RESULTS in loss of HP.

It's like when you lose some CON or get negative levels. You aren't taking DAMAGE, you're just losing hp.
>>
>>51445242
>letting someone that isn't you fuck your wife willingly
>this is okay

Holy fucking shit, when were we invaded by tumblr?
>>
>>51445242
Absolutely, and the participants should be publicly reprimanded and ordered to do community service and public works for a term of years equal to ten times the years of their unfaithful crimes.
>>
>>51445332
>letting people dictate how adults have sex
>this is okay

Holy shit when were we invaded by /pol/?
>>
>>51445332
>Complaining about how other people have their relationships

Holy fucking shit, when were we invaded by the fucking FIFTIES?
>>
>>51445374
/pol/ has a hardon for 40k. We're always here. Watching, judging.
>>
>>51445389
pls no big titty anthro panthers
>>
>>51445285
Or a marriage with a pet that they keep.

>>51445372
So imma gonna have you do the same for your injust violation of our private lives and rights as productive adult members of society.
>>
So, how about them sessions tonight, eh?
>>
>>51445374
>>51445386
You know what, fine, I hope your type gets exactly what they want so you'll see for yourself how fucked it is and why it's generally agreed upon to not pull that sort of shit. How mentally damaged are you to actually advocate being a cuckold?
>>
>>51445413
I serve the will of the Light of the Sword. I accept any just punishment, and I strive to chastise those who would do violence to the righteous in all forms.
>>
>>51445016
There's Sultana Harem Game.
>>
>>51445127
Okay, what if the 9ths-casters had Bard progression, bumped up by 1 level. Having to do 3 levels of 1st level spells is fucking annoying already for Sorcerers and Oracles, who feel like total unfun dogshit at that particular level RIGHT NOW.

I mean in a game I'm running, I'm currently watching a 3rd level Bard and Sorcerer playing alongside each other as spellcasting equals, guess who's not having any fun at the table?
>>
>>51445434
>thinking open relationships are the same thing as cuckoldry
>thinking accepting something is the same as advocating/practicing it
Kay ee kay.
>>
>>51445434
There's a difference between advocation and 'not giving a fuck'
>>
>>51445372
So how do you feel about divorce? Or other cultures?
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trobriand_Islands
>>
>>51445308
Yeah, that's what I figured but wanted to check. So I can murder two dudes really hard by using Cleaving Power but that's about it.
>>
>>51445413
>being this Lawful Evil

Asmodeus needs to go and stay go
>>
>>51445465
I fail to see how that is relevant to our discussion of Pathfinder.
>>
>>51445408

What's wrong with big titty anthro panthers? Plenty of people like them, and it's not your place to judge what people want in their lives.
>>
>>51445455
What if it's lawful? That is, supported by the law of the region. Marriage and its institutions have been historically tied more to economics and the distribution of genders than it is to "what is right" or "what is wrong".
>>
>>51445503
I'll generally agree with you, but he helps keep the overly self righteous in check.
>>51445527
Its mostly not, but it spiraled out from trying to stop some slut shaming. I'll stop.
>>51445533
Ask pact magic.
>>
>>51445533
Okay, but they can read it in their free time. No need to dump it in this thread, and no need for Augunas to pretend it's anything but fetish material.
>>
So what's the deal with Pirate Game right now? Any notable apps?
>>
ITT: Relationships none of us will ever have
>>
>>51445553
We must struggle to oppose and ultimately remove unjust laws, such as those of the Infernalist Thrunes and your hypothetical Whore-Kingdom
>>
File: 250px-Zyphus_holy_symbol.jpg (10KB, 250x253px) Image search: [Google]
250px-Zyphus_holy_symbol.jpg
10KB, 250x253px
>>51445583
Really, why not just give up? What's love ever done for anyone anyway?
>>
>>51445579

Pirate game is not looking to interesting! What's the hook besides "Sky Pirates?"
>>
>>51445457
You'd still have a massive loss in spells per day starting at mid levels and becoming worse as you go. Ideally you'd want to sell this 'fix' to your players as a trade - still a power loss, but you get some fun out of it in your greater lower level slots.
>>
>>51445598
>What's the hook besides "Sky Pirates?"
Think it's pretty much just that unless you're really into the forced gestalt Vigilante.
>>
>>51445572
Sluts should be ashamed, Anon. They're moral criminals.
>>
>>51445583
Speak for yourself.
>>51445597
Zyphus, get a job and move out of Urgathoa's basement.
>>
>>51445597
You just know Zyphus goes down on Urgathoa whenever she tells him to, don't even play.

What a fuckin' wuss
>>
>>51445613
You play TTRPGs, you should be ashamed as well. Probably also worship Satan and eat Thai food.
>>
>>51445595
So you're Chaotic then? Okay!
>>
>>51445613
>says the anon who never got to ride the school bicycle or get the sluts attention.
Just admit that you're frustrated with girls who won't put out and this have built up this huge 'purity until marriage' thing to compensate. Just as bad as those 'girls don't like nice guys' red pill people on rk9.
>>
>>51445630
Fuck, now I'm hungry. And who the hell plays a character that plays tabletop games? They'd be super boring!
>>
>>51445613

That's why it's your moral imperative to have a slut fall in love with you and steer her away from a life of debauchery and sin!

Did Jesus not keep the company of whores and prostitutes?
>>
>>51445630

What's the big issue with Thai food?
>>
>>51445598
I mean, bring the adventure yourself?
>>
>>51445622
...but there is nothing there
Just the hip bones
>>
>>51445640
>he literally thinks that following laws and being Lawful are synonyms

Son, we've had this conversation before.
>>
>>51445654
My wizard was only starting the adventure so he could prove to his classmates that the rules for thier summon dueling club were unrealistic.
>>
Noob here. Which should be the stats of a tiefling slayer? Do you have any advice? Thanks.
>>
>>51445663

Not only are they slant-eyed shifty rats, but they're brown too.
>>
Is it worth taking Wisdom in Flesh (fly) and Glide for a Tengu so I can get ranks in fly before Tengu Wings at level 5 and Raven Firm at level 7?

How many ranks does one put into fly?

Rolling a non magical class so no spells.
>>
>>51445650
That's a whole lot of baseless assumptions. Good job. It's almost like you're projecting.
>>
>>51445650
Holmes, we're talking Pathfinder, not your life. I bet most characters didn't even go to school.
>>
>>51445678

First of all, how many points are you working with? Secondly, what would you like to be good at?
>>
>>51445678

Are you going for dex, or Strength? What kind of Tiefling, and what is the Point Buy?
>>
>>51445658
That's the plan, Stan
>>
>>51445680

The food?
>>
>>51445710

Mine did!
>>
>>51445710
How else does any educated or scholarly character get their start?
>>
>>51445733

Sometimes!
>>
>>51445720
>>51445715

20pts point buy. First level.
>>
>>51445675
>Doing what's better for the people
>or doing what's better for your fanatic beliefs
>>
>>51445760

They were taught by a talking horse while cleaning out the pens?
>>
>>51445674
You wouldn't dare deny the Goddess of hedonistic abandon her fun, would you?
>>
>>51445678
How shapely is the Tiefling's rump?
>>
File: 1455672841006.jpg (363KB, 768x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1455672841006.jpg
363KB, 768x1024px
>>51445663
I'm guessing it's a reference to this pic. One of the books is "Thai Cuisine".
>>
>>51445760
Lincoln-style, at home in their cabin
>>
>>51445598
I think it looks interesting, even if I want to make Dwight Conrad
>>
>>51445800
Very.
>>
>>51445739
Cute. Any details?
>>
>>51445727

What sort of complex is it where you really enjoy those sorts of characters? The shameless slut or haggard older woman that finds a man that satisfies them on a deep, intimate level?
>>
>>51445837
Maybe 18,14,14,8,10,12 after racial for a well-toned buttslut of a Pitborn?
>>
>>51445842

He went to school for a profession he was super good at, but he preferred something else!
>>
>>51445871
Redemption arc and being the hero. You're saving them from themselves.
>>
>>51445720

Standard Tiefling with a prehensile tail.

>>51445715

I'd like to play as some kind of bounty hunter or assassin for some Byzantinian court. Imported from foreign lands (Rus) as of kind of offshoot of the Varangian Guard (easier to purge, more loyal, less politically involved than Pretorian Guards).

Daggers, knives, recurbed bow. I'm not afraid to use bigger weapons (bardiche), or blackpoweder when the situation demands it.
>>
>>51445878
Did he meet any cute girls or cute boys?
>>
>>51445782
...how do you have sex with a woman with no vagina?
...shit man, that is a real puzzle
>>
>>51445617
>implying Zyphus' isn't self-employed in the insurance fraud business
>>
>>51445892

He met a whole lot of cute girls, but he got thrown out of town before he could really settle down with one! Poor guy became a loner until he met a really, really cute girl!
>>
Is there any way to make shadowdancers not shit?
>>
So here's the deal.
I'm completely up for GMing and organizing a game with the same fundamental goals/rules as the dragon game (lewd yes, ERP no, try to keep a balance between game and fluff), but I hate the Pathfinder system and want to murder it.
I've run a few similar games in Aberrant (and it worked excellently, aside from a single human error who then got kicked), but it's an obscure system and I can't find any real candidates for anything outside of the center of all lewdposting on /tg/, that is here.
If I, a Europe-time NEET with a lot of time flex, was to host a Maid game with the same fundamentals as the dragon game, would there be enough interest to get a proper pool of players (maybe with a bit of room to pick a good lineup)?
I don't think there's anything that people would want to play in a lewdgame that can't somehow be done in Maid.
>>
>>51445900
She's got a mouth, don't she?
>>
>>51445923
>Aberrant
My brother from another mother, are you excited as I am for the Aeon system rebuild that onyx path is doing?
>>
>>51445923
If you post your game on /pfg/, people will come.
>>
File: ic-9814.png (124KB, 253x290px) Image search: [Google]
ic-9814.png
124KB, 253x290px
>>51445900
>>
So is the way to fix firearms and gunslingers by extension to make firearms cheaper and give gunslingers an archertype that allows them to do full-rounds with all their iteratives and quick shots by using quickdraw to pull out a preloaded gun?
>>
>>51445927
Blowjobs are not "serving a woman"
>>
>>51445884

That said, I'm also a huge fan of the savage warrior-woman or dutiful lady knight who isn't saved from their horrible habits, but they get a boyfriend alongside their occupation!
>>
>>51445900
Man, just slide it around on her bloody pelvis and act like you're into it or she'll fucking eat you
>>
>>51445457
>>51445602
Yeah I just spreadsheeted this garbage for some reason. If you want to sell it to players as a trade of power for tons of spell slots, it'd need lots of work basically.
>>
>>51445900
>he doesn't know about Throatpussy

What are you, eight?
>>
>>51445942
No.
Onyx Path is cancer, and White Wolf was pushing the amount of political commentary and bias that could be in a game with Aberrant already.
We've seen how Beast went, we've seen where Onyx Path is going, and the only place left is down. An Aberrant with more social commentary, after the social justice movement, of the same genre as a fuckton of Tumblr users are hooked on - you see where I'm going, don't you?
It really doesn't matter what end of the political spectrum you're on. A game that sacrifices balance, narrative, drama and internal cohesion for social commentary and a clear political bias is not a good thing, and Aberrant was toeing the line in the beginning with its heavy-handed tranny enabling.
The only thing that could possibly save it is if Onyx Path changes direction 180% and gets less social-justice instead of more, and I really don't think that's going to happen.
Anyway, I have Aberrant. If it's not good enough for me, I houserule it. There's no need for a remake, and I feel that's the case with all roleplaying games - if it was good, it is good. Opinions might vary, but a good game doesn't become obsolete as much as it gains possible alternatives.
>>
>>51446018

What if she's a tricky Terrence and simply made the goods invisible?
>>
>>51446019
forgot image
>>
Is Silver Fist compatible with Unchained Monk?
>>
>>51445912
>really, really cute one

How cute are we talking here? Have they kissed yet?
>>
>>51446043
That should be a degree sign, because somehow I forgot that it doesn't exist on my keyboard and casually put in a percent sign.
>>
>>51445927
Urgathoa is the kind of girl that would eat your dick tartar, buddy
>>
>>51444559
The earlier versions of it were on playstation. PS2 and PSP in particular.

MHP3rd was a fucking masterpiece of wasting time when you should be working.
>>
Alright, motherhubbards.

With all Dreamscarred Material on the table, is it worth it to grab their Vampire template for Sultana's Harem Game?
>>
>>51446047
Nah, she probably just transforms into a full-figured woman from time to time for small-time super-fucking, but I'm pretty sure she's necessarily cursed from ever getting a proper Divine Lay; they cite that for the reason she's obsessed with weird cannibal shit and her followers excesses. She either gets jollies from crazy shit, or by proxy
>>
>>51446064
You can use º Alt + 167 on numpad to put in degree symbol.

180º
>>
>>51445167
Those aren't exactly the things I'm worried about, but I appreciate the enthusiasm. It's mostly that I've never actually played with /pfg/ and don't know if the collective playstyle meshes with mine. Or if people are capable of understanding what "non-lewd" means.

>>51445598
Revenge/murder-quest against the dude that got you locked up?
>>
>>51445820
I love how there are people at the table who are not even paying attention to the suicide despite it involving a fucking gun being fired in the cramped room. I aspire to be that good at nonreaction, honestly.
>>
>>51446135
Thanks for the help, but I'll probably forget it before I have to use the degree sign again (that is, multiple months).
>>
>>51446109
I thought Pathfinder didn't do templates on PCs like 3.5 did?
>>
>>51446154
They're too hooked on the addictive charm of the Role-Playing Games and the Marilyn Mansons to register reality.
If you suspect your children are playing the Role-Playing Games, call a pastor now.
>>
>>51446043
We can but hope my friend. Imma gonna try to be in on the ground floor to fix things the moment they start to do it.
>>
>>51446043
The thing with White Wolf was oftentimes you couldn't tell whether they were parodying lefties or whether it was genuine agenda pushing.

But I agree with you on the OP thing.
>>
>>51444223
>not raising the boy and indoctrinating him into your religion/culture, so that he can continue that with his own vassals' children

Do you even Crusader Kings?
>>
>>51443259
what about curse of the crimson throne?
>>
>>51446166
It's too late, they won't listen to the pastor anymore even if they wanted to, because they've been ignoring significant sources of hearing damage for long enough that they no longer register.
>>
>>51446161
Lords of the Night has a PC vampire template, and Player Characters are explicitly allowed to take it.
>>
>>51446221
CotCT was genuinely good.
>>
>>51446203
It was really a give-and-take between a large and varied writer team, which meant that there wasn't a company-wide bias and some series (Werewolf, mainly - look at Subsidiaries: a Guide to Pentex and Monkeywrench Pentex) were basically a battleground between two camps of writers taking the piss out of each other.
And then the 2004 reorganization happened, and Justin Achilli gutted every single department, replacing the good writers with ones more hung up on social commentary. It became a really bad circlejerk as soon as the company became Onyx Path, but it started getting shrilly modern-left-wing as soon as the departments were gutted.
By now, it's at the point of Beast, where the writers exist in a self-perpetuating bubble of circular logic and plugging their ears. That game is scarier than any other Onyx Path game, because the horror is that the people who wrote it are still alive and we can't legally lynch them.
>>
>>51446019
>>51446053
Change the growth progression.

from
1-2-3-3-4-4-4-4-5~

to
1-2-3-3-4-4-5-5-6~

And work out Sorcerer later.
>>
>>51446062

I'm talking long, wavy black hair, haunting blue eyes you could just get lost in, and the most clever mind attached to the most sly tongue you've ever met.

Not only did they kiss, they slept together! They were an item!
>>
>>51446150

What's your play style? Odds are I'd be able to mesh like carbon with carbon.
>>
>>51446411
That sounds lovely. What happened? Are they still an item? Has he made an honest woman out of her?
>>
>>51446109
>vampire
>elemental PLANE OF FIRE
You are not really thinking this through very well.
>>
>>51442574
Someone explain to me how useful a dragon gained through leadership is? because by the time you can actually take one a cr 8 dragon isnt going to do shit for you.
>>
If I use the Body Bludgeon rage power to hit a demon with DR/Good with a good outsider (angel for example), does it count as having hit the demon with a good weapon for piercing DR?
>>
>>51446298
You should see TheOnyxPath forums sometime.
>>
File: Brawler girl 23.jpg (110KB, 908x879px) Image search: [Google]
Brawler girl 23.jpg
110KB, 908x879px
Yo, what up all? We're working on getting the next preview up, and I'll give you a heads up on new content:

Classes: Champion and Scholar(probably, getting approval on this one)

Spheres: Barrage, Berserker, Lancer, Trickster, maybe something else.

Feats: New feats, what else am I gonna say?

We're working it all out now while discussing other jazz, but hopefully this should be out later today.
>>
>>51446852
Any notable changes to the spheres and classes that were already a part of the first two previews?
>>
>>51446852
>later today
HNNNG DON'T TEASE ME LIKE THAT
>>
>>51446434
Players are more independent and don't sit around twiddling their thumbs waiting for a plot hook. Players can be given some degree of power without the DM having to worry about them breaking the game over their knee. Players can actually accept the consequences of their actions instead of throwing a hissy fit. Characters fit the tone of the setting/story and work together as a cohesive unit, rather than having a human male fighter, dick-ass "lone-wolf" edgelord rogue, half-fae catboy sorceress, and some hyper-optimized memebuild that only works because of some rule loophole.

It seems basic, but I've seen/heard a lot of groups that don't operate like that.
>>
>>51446852
Might be best not to have a class with the same name as a Mythic path?
>>
>>51446298
>>51446043
>Beast

The genuine SJW types hated Beast, though, because it ended up being a big middle finger to minorities.

It's not really a particular political bent because the worst stuff that OP does now is like a blind mockery of leftist views, mixed with blatant doublespeak - for example, look at the Exalted writers repeatedly talking shit about past editions having too much fanservice, and then immediately selecting art with a topless demon lady as one of the future iconics.

I think the problem is more generally that the inmates are running the asylum. The management doesn't do shit to reign in or edit or sanity check what the writers produce, and the writers are all people who were already deep in the rabbit hole of previous game edition fan circles before they signed on.
>>
>>51446557
You think I see giving the Sultana extra means by which to bully me as a BAD thing? Jokes on you, I'm basically a Shamoian from the Abridged Broly movie with more self restraint.
>>
>>51446936
I'll second this.

Also, Trickster is the name of a mythic path, too.
>>
File: Female ranger.jpg (554KB, 713x950px) Image search: [Google]
Female ranger.jpg
554KB, 713x950px
>>51446881
The only one with big changes would be athletics which got a bit of a revamp. Most of the work we do on the classes goes into the preview docs so you can comment on the changes ASAP.

>>51446899
Hey, we gotta wait for everyone to get online so we can agree on stuff. I want it out too, I've been pushing this.

Barrage: this is the 'shoot lots of arrows' sphere, with area attacks and other cool stuff.

Berserker: Think the rage sphere, but it makes you tired, much like real anger.

Lancer: Impaling and cleave, this is life for you.

Trickster: Stealing stuff and being a jerk, just like in real life.

>>51446936
It's either that or templar, and I hear people talking about mythic almost none, so I'm not too worried. If it becomes an issue, we'll change it to templar.

>>51446963
I find this concern also valid, we'll scout around for new names since this is still preview time.
>>
>>51445923
>Maid

Ehhh, maybe. I dunno, it's not really crunchy enough for me. I know that's a really silly thing to say for the tone of what you're looking for, but the "chargen sub-game" is a big part of it for me.

Have you considered Mutants & Masterminds or similar systems?
>>
>>51446511

You simply can't "make" a woman like that honest, it was a mutual effort by both to improve, each working off the other to be a better man or a better woman to the one they called their better half!

You can imagine how he felt, then, when this woman was lost to a senseless tragedy, the long nights spent inconsolable and numb to the world. I don't think he will ever love again!
>>
>>51446935

Sounds exactly like the type of thing I'm into, Senpai. If this was a Kingmaker campaign I would totally make a Greenbelt bandit who used to work for the Stag Lord, or perhaps an exiled Sword Lord or noble bastard!
>>
>>51446043
Ah, Beast.
Where being the Trigglypuff and then turning families into too-extreme-so-we-cut-it takes from Zon-Kuthon-Gone-Wild is teaching the survivors (which you pin the blame on because they're your real target there, the other parts are just flesh for the fun) important life lessons they will forever cherish, a [GOOD] act like the finest paladins, no less...

And where trying to fight back against a nightmarish serial-killer-entity that's been indiscriminately "teaching lessons" is not only a sign that you're the worst jackass, but ALSO psychically forced on you as a duty with way of resisting to begin with, which is somehow also to be your fault as well.

That said, I liked demon, but from what I hear those playing it as "burn notice: revengeance" were actually in the minority.
>>
>>51446945
>Topless demon lady
Oh?
>>
>>51445769
The "best" 20pb array, in terms of pure "how many positive bonuses can you get for your points", is 15, 14, 14, 14, 12, 7, and bumping the 15 up to 16 at level 4.

For a Slayer you'll want to focus on Str, Dex, and Int most of the time. For some builds, you can potentially dump Str entirely (easier with 3PP and Deadly Agility) and focus on Dex, Con, and Int.

Maybe grab Pragmatic Activator for Int to Use Magic Device, so then you can dump Cha, or dump Wis and grab some of the Will-save-boosting stuff like the Passionate Inertia trait to counteract that.
>>
>>51446977
Just seems best practice and more professional rather than "lulz I don't care, nobody talks about that shit"
>>
>>51447013
One of the previews they gave for Infernals (god only knows when that will ever get published) was a Slayer caste (god also only knows why they're keeping those shitty castes) who dresses like a harem girl and has razor-sharp bronze nails.
>>
>>51447060
Seconding.
>>
>>51447082
Oh shit, they're reprinting minor splats too?
>>
File: Tiefling05.jpg (81KB, 736x800px) Image search: [Google]
Tiefling05.jpg
81KB, 736x800px
How fucked would the following changes to magus be:
>Pool Strike is now an Innate Part of the Spellstrike feature, but it may only be used while your weapon is enhanced by your arcane pool
>At level 5, you only gain 2-3 weapon qualities, BUT you can choose the ones you want, and every few levels you can select one additional quality from a predetermined list (which is much broader than the base magus)
>You don't automatically get Medium Armor at 7th, or Heavy at 13th. Instead they're both a chain of Arcana
>go through a lot of the arcana and unfuck them, IE: Enduring Blade no longer costs extra, and can be upgraded to 10 minutes/level
>Pool Strike gets an "upgrade" arcana that increases the base ability's scaling and lets you cast a "cantrip" version with reduced scaling; Pool Strike's spinoff Arcana have a lesser (free) component and a greater (+1 pool point) version
>>
File: Doable.png (327KB, 640x359px) Image search: [Google]
Doable.png
327KB, 640x359px
>>51447060
>>51447102
We'll be taking suggestions for alternative names then, as honestly I like templar myself. Time to hit up synonyms.com...again.
>>
>>51446203
It's always interesting to see the stark contrast between what americans now consider the far left, and what much (less and less england nowadays) of the rest of the world considers left and right.

What gets called what on the spectrum has slowly been shifted so successfully by american media that barely-left-of-center entities like Hillary or Obama were practically called communist.

Don't worry; it's not just on the 'right' that people dislike the idiocy we're getting with the "muh gender fluids" crowd and their assault on closed-class pronouns and liberty.

In fact, some of the far right is having a field-day propping those freaks up, because the demands for censorship and deletion of history are EXTREMELY attractive, even if they give no fucks about the different reason those have for that.

Worry not so much about the left and right views of an individual, but what those putting that wedge to good use are doing to us all.
>>
>>51447000
>Greenbelt bandit who used to work for the Stag Lord

Would that work for book 1? Doesn't that give the players an easy way to skip everything and just take the Stag Lord down since the ex-bandit would know where he stays?
>>
>>51447124
Paragon?
>>
>>51447111
In theory they're supposed to do new versions of every splat from 2e, AND like three new ones.

They still haven't succeeded in even finishing the first draft of the very first 64-page equipment book supplement, though, so the roadmap just for a goddamn Dragon-Blooded book looks like "sometime after the seventh seal has opened and the false prophet has been cast into a lake of fire".
>>
File: Best Husbando.gif (36KB, 260x299px) Image search: [Google]
Best Husbando.gif
36KB, 260x299px
>>51447163
...god dammit, I like that.

Also Trickster is becoming bandit.
>>
>>51447176
Can you call it 'Treasure Hunter' instead?
>>
>>51447176

You are going to kill me with your patrician taste one of these days, man.

I kinda feel like Scoundrel might be a better name than Bandit for a sphere, but both seem to work for what it's advertised as doing.
>>
>>51447150
He's very VERY bad with directions.
>>
>>51447082
Bottom of page three.

That preview's also several years old now, so who knows if they're still keeping that shit.
>>
>>51447150

It would if he never got to the fort before the plot forced him to Restov or Oleg's.
>>
>>51447223
Oh, I thought we were talking WoD Infernals rather than Exalted Infernals.
>>
File: Elf mage 3.jpg (386KB, 1280x1778px) Image search: [Google]
Elf mage 3.jpg
386KB, 1280x1778px
>>51447189
For what it does, treasure hunter doesn't really work, as it's based off of stealing and dirty tricks, not hunting treasure.

>>51447193
Scoundrel might, like I said we'll workshop the name, but at least bandit isn't anything, which helps keep us clear of all that jazz.
>>
>>51447150

He could've either worked for the Stag Lord, or he *wanted* to work for the Stag Lord but never got to a recruiter before the authorities caught up to him.

Or maybe the bandit styles himself the next Stag Lord, and joined the party so he can kill the big guy and make mad dosh and, as I've experienced playing an ex-bandit, fuck tight noble bastards who have never killed before and need a way to vent the stress.
>>
>>51447150
Knowing where the fort is is a matter of beating up one of the bandits in the first fight until they give you a map.

Infiltrating it is a whole different question.
>>
>>51446369
It actually sort of works at keeping the overall count even with Druid, but they only have 1 extra spell per day (and not even, at 19 and 20). I shouldn't have included the Cleric/Wizard column because they would still get their domain and specialist slots as an addition regardless.
>>
>>51447279
I like Scoundrel more than Bandit, myself.
>>
>>51447315
Don't bother to increase from there, spell quantity isn't useful - full casters are swimming in spells relatively quickly as it is, so they don't see much benefit from a limitlessness tradeoff.

If you're playing without 9ths, I think it's actually safe to give out super bullshit like freebie metamagic pools and such.
>>
>>51447322
Agree. Bandit sounds more low-brow.

Alternate names could be:
>Mastermind (Though this is an investigator archetype)
>Misdirection
>Charlatan
>Swindler
>>
Alright lads, I've got a hypothetical.

Assuming there was a Kingmaker /pfg/ campaign using Dragons rules for chargen, what would you make both mechanically and fluff?
>>
>>51447315
Maybe rework bloodlines at this point, infinite use 1st level powers, 3+Cha for later ones.
>>
>>51447279
Bandit IS something, it's a criminal. Users of the style wouldn't necessarily all be criminals.
>>
>>51447279
How about 'cad'?
>>
File: 1041_11 - Copy.gif (17KB, 231x240px) Image search: [Google]
1041_11 - Copy.gif
17KB, 231x240px
>>51447381
>spell quantity isn't useful - full casters are swimming in spells relatively quickly as it is, so they don't see much benefit from a limitlessness tradeoff
Are you sure? Are you saying it wouldn't be OP to start casting your 1st level spells like cantrips at 5th level, your 2nd level spells like cantrips at 10th level, 3rd level spells at 15th, and 4ths at 20th?
>>
>>51445116
>Removing problem spells is a good idea. "Absolutely no spell slots of 7th and up" is a completely different animal.

What about something like the D&D 5e warlock? Give a small handful of high level spells from a specific list that can be used 1/encounter or X/day each, separate from normal spell slots.
>>
File: LizardfolkBadass.png (149KB, 284x332px) Image search: [Google]
LizardfolkBadass.png
149KB, 284x332px
>>51447424
>>51447434
Scoundrel's probably better, cad feels a little too simplistic.

Equipment sphere has also been added, if you want gear to do something specific, this is the sphere for you. We'll be taking a lot of suggestions on this one.
>>
>>51447505
>Equipment

For starters, look at everything from the Equipment Trick and Weapon Trick feats for inspiration.

For me, though, the biggest thing would be some way to use a weapon (including an improvised weapon) with enhancement bonuses from other gear.
>>
File: 1484527870537.jpg (85KB, 511x676px) Image search: [Google]
1484527870537.jpg
85KB, 511x676px
>>51445016
https://app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/67687/the-sultanas-hot-slave-harem
>>
>>51447505
Where's the equipment sphere? I'm not seeing it in either preview link?
>>
>>51447505
Miscreant?
>>
>>51444653
>>51444697
I already know that, I just want to know how to grow someone that is not a human. how can I relate to a fucking goblin?
>>
>>51447754
> how can I relate to a fucking goblin?
Fire
Eating
Hatred of Dogs and Horses
Singing.
>>
File: Fire-Emblem-2.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Fire-Emblem-2.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
>>51447724
It's in the upcoming 3rd preview, we're just doing final checks on it before posting it.

>>51447744
So far scoundrel has won my heart.
>>
>>51447754
How old is the kid?
Kids are malleable, so if you teach him human ways now then he'll grow up to be more humanlike.

Do you WANT him to go around trying to eat babies or something?
>>
>>51447585
And, here's a simple rough draft idea for the latter:

>Conduit of Power (Ex): You can activate this ability by spending 10 minutes practicing or meditating with one magic weapon. Until you next activate this ability, whenever you have that weapon wielded or on your person (including in an extradimensional space such as a bag of holding), you can treat each other weapon or natural attack you use as though it had an enhancement bonus to attack equal to one-half that weapon's, rounded up.

It would need some tweaking and stuff from there, obviously, but the idea is to reduce the expenditure for TWF characters and monk/brawler types and to make it much easier to use improvised weapon-based stuff without shooting yourself in the foot. It would also make "I am a firearms guy with ten million one-shot pistols" much more practical.

It also opens up thematic space for interesting stuff that spins off "I can channel other magic energy through my body", like doing the Avatar cartoon lightning-bending redirection technique except with other kinds of magic. Somebody casts dominate on you and you redirect it to one of their minions, or stuff like that.
>>
File: No really, who.gif (868KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
No really, who.gif
868KB, 500x500px
>>51447708

That is without a doubt the memest meme to ever come out of this meme pit, and I'm a licensed memester studied for three months on /tv/!
>>
>>51442574
https://app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/67813/bathe-yourself-in-blood

Gimme your thoughts.
>>
File: 1445355333236.gif (1008KB, 420x236px) Image search: [Google]
1445355333236.gif
1008KB, 420x236px
>>51447936
>Gimme your thoughts.

>Assassin-themed campaign built around killing people using increasingly creative techniques

I love you for doing this, but what do you mean by "Jolly?"
>>
>>51447936
>yet another game using those annoying feat tax rules
>>
>>51447973

I believe he's referring to the 3pp content written by N.Jolly-a.k.a. this guy >>51447806.
>>
File: Grump.jpg (48KB, 500x333px) Image search: [Google]
Grump.jpg
48KB, 500x333px
>>51447973
Hi.
>>
>tfw trying to draw a punchgirl but can't get any poses/angles that look good
>>
>>51448006

What did he write?

>>51448007

What did you write, you ill-tempered toad?
>>
>>51447985
As a DM I've found those rules just means half the monsters in the game suddenly become fuckhueg grapple fiends in addition to being good at bullrushing.
>>
>>51448019
Stuff for Vigilante, making Kineticist and Gunslinger functional, and he's working on Spheres of Might.
>>
>>51447973
>>51448006
This. I was on the fence about allowing it at all but most people seem to like Jolly's stuff. I would probably prefer to keep everything 1pp myself.
>>
>>51448019
He did a bunch of kineticist and vigilante supplements that made them not suck nearly as hard.
>>
File: tumblr_ohvz0ySNem1qmqyt0o1_1280.jpg (300KB, 565x1008px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ohvz0ySNem1qmqyt0o1_1280.jpg
300KB, 565x1008px
>>51448015

Maybe something like this angle! Gives us a good profile of the punch-girl's figure, arms and expression!
>>
>>51447777
nice quads
but, if I do not want to grow him as a goblin but as an intelligent individual? (or at least somethings that do not think as a goblin)
>>
>>51447315
>>51447381
>>51447409
Sorcerer CAN actually be scaled up to in spell slots (on the right side of image).

But I think anons saying they should have class feature benefits beyond this point to make them actually interesting to implement in-game are correct.
>>
File: Princess Corrin.jpg (257KB, 1280x1600px) Image search: [Google]
Princess Corrin.jpg
257KB, 1280x1600px
>>51448019
http://paizo.com/people/NJolly

>>51448015
PLEASE SHOW ME THIS WHEN YOU ARE FINISHED.
>>
>>51448020
Yeah, I would much prefer something that's just "all PCs get this list of bonus feats" without fundamentally changing around a bunch of the feats in fiddly ways.
>>
>>51448044
also I just realized I have the phrasing of the comparison columns backwards, those are number of slots ABOVE.
>>
>>51447936

The real question is.

How can I use these rules to make John Wick?
>>
>>51448038
>no PoW
>not even Deadly Agility
>for a game about assassins

I'm sad.>>51448090
>>
>>51448044
Yes please. Maybe give all Sorcerers and Oracles VMCs with themselves, for another slower bloodline/mystery? Just spitballing ideas, to see if anything seems right.
>>
File: IMG_3307.png (2MB, 1887x2244px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3307.png
2MB, 1887x2244px
>>51448057
Why're you so into punch girls?
>>
>>51448090
You can't. You need more 3PP to make guns or crossbows work properly.
>>
>>51448101

Why wouldn't you be into punch girls?
>>
>reading RotRL
>calls for a Spot check
wut
>>
>>51448101

They're tough, they're strong, the gap moe of them being cute n' girly or flustered is top shelf, and they usually have great figures?
>>
>>51448020
I probably won't bother having monsters use them beyond if the monster already has the feats.
>>
>>51448123
I'm into everything, but that leaves little room for focusing squarely on punch girls.
>>
>>51448101

People who like punch girls:

>Straight men
>Straight women
>Gay men
>Gay women
>>
>>51448122

Couldn't you easily port John Wick into a medieval setting where all the guns are replaced with swords?

That would make John a Slayer || Barbarian (Urban, Rage gives +Str +Dex,) now that I think about it.
>>
File: Brawler girl 35.gif (71KB, 562x450px) Image search: [Google]
Brawler girl 35.gif
71KB, 562x450px
>>51448122
Gunslingers of Porphyra helps with guns quite a bit, including gun mods and alternative materials.

>>51448101
I love punching as a style of combat, and I love the attitude of most punch girls; I love spunky fighters with a half cocked grin who want to take on the world. They're my ideal aesthetic.
>>
File: 1446611768999.jpg (44KB, 400x439px) Image search: [Google]
1446611768999.jpg
44KB, 400x439px
>>51448044
>actually not-gimped-at-3rd level sorcerer
don't even care what else you do
>>
>>51448044
>6th casting sorcerer/oracle with ACTUAL CLASS FEATURES

fuck, I'd play it, depending on the final product
>>
>>51447490
ntgb i would agree with that statement.
>>
>>51448044
>>51448100
It'd be easier to implement more universal features that all the full-casters would pick from at regular intervals, IMO. That way you aren't putting down a dozen customized class fixes when the idea was simple blanket rules.

"Bonus feats for all" will get you shot in the street, though.
>>
>>51448269
Personally, I'd try and turn the magician bard into a standalone relacement for sorcerer, and then use occultist in place of wizard.
>>
New thread

>>51448305
>>51448305
>>51448305
>>51448305
>>51448305
>>
File: erotic.jpg (98KB, 676x466px) Image search: [Google]
erotic.jpg
98KB, 676x466px
>>51448129
>>
>>51448125
RotRL is 3.5 m8, as is Curse of the Crimson Throne, Second Darkness, and Legacy of Fire.
>>
>>51447381
i think the concern with such a mod is spell dcs which arent level appropriate, damage spells which dont have level appropriate damage, and other spells that do things based on # of enemy hd which dont get replaced as the # of hd become obsolete.
>>
>>51446977
templar is a class by *genius games.
a pretty good class at that.
>>
>>51448335
That is a good point.

If you gave "+1 to all spell DCs" a few times to keep up, you'd also be giving them the benefit of more powerful lower-level spells at mid levels, which is a cool side effect and fitting for the theme of casters who paid a price to do more with their lower level slots.
>>
>>51446984
That's heartbreaking! Hopefully a compassionate woman can cure him of this dark spell someday. He shouldn't keep his gates sealed forever, or he'll starve and die.
>>
>>51448653

But where will he find a woman like that? He's able to love and willing, but someone might have to take the initiative and guide him through the motions of loving again!
>>
>>51448057
Oh cool, now I can show a buddy the stuff you worked on cuz my memory is bad

>Magi tech
Where, when, and how much.
>>
>>51448874
Vector, 1994, and enough to build an army of giant robots with.
Thread posts: 365
Thread images: 49

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.