[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Help with dragon decision!

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

Young green dragon found himself an abandoned tower into which he made a lair for himself. A safe place on the edge of desolations of old greens and on the other hand, far from pesky humans from towns who want dragon scales. With that said, green dragon is as evil as any chromatic draconic being.

A day ago dragon heard a loud sound nearby. He inspected it and it had turned out a group of four rather inexperienced adventurers were trying to defeat some forest dweller.
Dragon closed in and inspected the group. Now with his desire (and a nice lair at hand) he decided not to let them go. He was prety sure he will just fumigate the pesky humanoids at first, when one mentioned they are looking for a treasure. Treasure sounds nice, so at the end of the day dragon picked them all one by one and flew them to his tower in order to have them seek this treasure the day after and not run away.
He resides high up in the rafters while tower's entrance is blocked off with heavy debries. Adventurers are caught for the night.

Now it is clear adventurers are tasty AND dragon will need to take a nap in a day or so AND will need to go hunting in a day or so. He has no actual cell or similar place to keep the adventurers until he returns. ALSO adventurers may have some nice loot.

What should a dragon do with priprities:
- I want my presence to remain unrevelaed. Might be smart to kill anyone who might betray it
- These gays may actually lead to loot. I dont have much patience but these guys may lead me to some nice treasure
- I am unable to really imprison them(has no shackles at hand or guards) and soon I may need to go after my usual business and they will most probably flee

thanks
>>
>>51441451
Hope that the dragon cultists reveal themselves and help you look after them.
>>
>>51441612
Actually adventurers have killed all the but one of dragon cultists. Didn't mention that. Dragon actually took one of them with him and has him as "an interesting pet".

basically more and more I am thinking of dragon just fumigating the whole party and be done with it.
>>
>>51441451
Honest answer: pump them for information under the pretense of making a deal, then kill them. Adventurers HAVE loot, but will almost certainly not BRING you loot.

Real answer, assuming the adventurers are PCs: genuinely make a deal. You want treasure; they want treasure. You don't want attention, they don't want to be eaten. You'd like a team of minions fetching loot for you, they'd like a dragon to call on sometimes to help them fetch it.

Offer to let them live in return for a portion of their future loot. Point out that you're of no danger to humans, and that you'll almost certainly be able to help them take out an established, dangerous dragon with an actual hoard at some point in the future.

If anyone objects, eat them immediately and repeat the offer to the survivors, cautioning them not to confuse magnanimity with negotiation.
>>
>>51441686
Problem is adventurers' loyalty can not be ensured. I think honest answer here is the way to go.
>>
>>51441686

I think the real answer provides a much better scenario for an actual game.

>>51441759
well of course the honest answer the the most true, but imagine if you were a PC in that situation.
>>
>>51445033
OP here.

Yeah its fucking dark. But chromatic not killing them takes a way too much from archetype of chromatic.
>>
>>51445092
Tone isn't the issue.

If you pull a TPK in a game not specifically designed for TPKs to happen (Paranoia, WHFB), you're a bad DM.

Besides, chromatics vary from outright malicious to merely self-interested and pragmatic. You can try to stick rigidly to archetypes but I think you'd be doing yourself a disservice.
>>
>>51445450
Ok, a question.

Party was informed there is a dragon in a tower. Party casted thunderwave like 200 ft from the tower. Do you still think its bad tonot try to kill them?
>>
>>51445482

Geas. And Kill the Wizard/Sorcerer/Bard.
>>
>>51441451
When I run monsters, I like to base them off of primary sins.

For dragons, the main sin is greed. It's always greed. They don't want to get. They want to have.

So, now, you need to charge the party an idiot tax for not trying to sneak up on the dragon. Take the wizard's spell book - he only needs it to change what spells he has memorized, i believe. If the player is a sorcerer or bard, do something equivalent. If frustrated, do something equivalent to everyone in the party.

The dragon will promise to return the surety to the party once they return with the treasure. If they do, kill them all and take all their stuff, unless they can keep stringing the dragon along.

If they come back and kill the dragon, the items taken in surety are there, except for the spellbook/equivalent - that's in another treasure cache, hidden in a tree that just got swiped by goblins.
>>
You're a Green Dragon, charm and deceive them into doing your bidding. Make it sound like a mutually beneficial agreement. Feign weakness to gauge their strengths. Enclose the tower in thickets if you need to leave.
>>
>>51445482
This is good. They're afraid. Use that fear against them.

Green Dragons are more about deception, manipulation, and corruption. If you portray the Green Dragon correctly, they'll WANT to work with it.
>>
>>51441451
>Now it is clear adventurers are tasty AND dragon will need to take a nap in a day or so AND will need to go hunting in a day or so.
I would pull an all-nighter and stay up.
The next day, they have one shot to find the treasure and bring it out with their tiny little monkey hands before you get too hungry or tired.
Even if you're exhausted, you can still take on these guys. (weakened state dragon is easier to fight)
If they try to hide in some small treasure hole, fumigate them to hell (PCs must find way to escape breath) and dig them out(find another exit), maybe after a nap(sneak past sleeping dragon).

This is a believable scenario that still allows the PCs an opportunity to escape.
Although if they don't fake their deaths and leave treasure behind, they are gonna get hunted.

>>51445450
>If you pull a TPK in a game not specifically designed for TPKs to happen you're a bad DM.
>>51445482
>Party was informed there is a dragon in a tower. Party casted thunderwave like 200 ft from the tower.
Sometimes TPKs are the players' fault, sometimes the GM is too harsh.
In this case, underestimating how easy it is to disturb the dragon is not quite the Darwin Award level stupidity that lets me wipe a party with a smile.
This is especially true if just one PC's actions attracted the dragon.
I usually give my players at least one path to keep going, even if they fail.

>>51450299
>Green Dragons are more about deception, manipulation, and corruption
Also this, if you're sticking to dragon types.
>>
Kill them all and keep any females or pretty boys are cocksleeves
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.