[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

40k General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 409
Thread images: 47

File: 1485037258769.jpg (509KB, 1200x899px) Image search: [Google]
1485037258769.jpg
509KB, 1200x899px
Eldar getting a much needed buff in Gathering Storm II - edition

>THIS IS THE ROSTER CREATOR. ARMY LIST WITH PICTURES. CLICK HERE FOR THIS. THIS LINK.
https://webapplications-webroster.rhcloud.com/rc/web/#/rosterCreator

>Rules and such. Use Readium for epubs. Sorry, it's shit but it'll read 3s.
https://mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
https://mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ

>FAQs and errata
https://www.games-workshop.com/en-JP/Rules-Errata

>40K 7th Edition Quick Reference Sheets:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef.pdf

>Forge World Book Index:
http://www.dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index

>The Black Library (Beware of Alpharius)
https://mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q

Previous Thread
>>51436015
>>
I mean are you trying to tell me that Eldar didnt need a buff? they are like one of the weakest higher tier armies
>>
2nd for I still can't believe Guard got fucking nothing in Gathering Storm 1
>>
File: thumb_rumour-engine.jpg (9KB, 400x236px) Image search: [Google]
thumb_rumour-engine.jpg
9KB, 400x236px
keldar draigo is back
>>
>>51440632
I mean it looks like his back
>>
>>51440627
>got nothing
>three awesome HQs with cool relics
>formation that allows them to freely join bunch of other units for free
>>
File: Alliance Chart.jpg (346KB, 1031x800px) Image search: [Google]
Alliance Chart.jpg
346KB, 1031x800px
>>51440609
nth for why the hell would Necrons ally with Chaos, Orks or Tau under any circumstances?
Desperate Allies/allies of convenience, but still.
>>
Is it just me, or could GW release a Chaos Guard/Lost and the Damned/Renegades and Heretics army while making a minimal number of new sprues? Like, I think they could do a full army release with only 4-5 new sprues.

Vehicles are easy, you just release the existing IG or GSC vehicles with one of the already-existing Chaos vehicle accessory sprues. There's basically half of the kits you need right there.

Similarly, for HQ, you can give them Dark Apostles (probably as a 0-1 choice, since "single Chaos space marine leading a bunch of mortal pawns" is a trope well-established in 40k canon and doesn't require any new models), Chaos Sorcerors (which can use the Age of Sigmar models), Chaos Commissars (new model, 1 sprue) and a Chaos Regimental Command Squad (existing Cadian Command Squad, with a Chaos Guard upgrade sprue akin to the Genstealer Cult upgrade sprues from the GSC releases). Maybe a Chaos Enginseer-equivalent to look after their vehicles; add anonther sprue if so.

Troops are Mutants, Beastmen, Chaos Guardsmen, and Cultists. We already have 40k Tzaangor models, the normal Chaos Guardsmen are just regular Cadian guardsman squads with the same Chaos Guard upgrade sprue, and the mutant squads could just be an ordinary Cadian squad with the old CSM mutation upgrade sprue. The Cultists, though, would be a new 10-man posable kit akin to the GSC models - 2 new sprues.

For elites, you've got Chaos Stormtroopers (Tempestus Scion box with the Chaos upgrade sprue), Chaos Spawn, and maybe squads of weaker Sorcerors (using AoS models, again).

Heavy Support is vehicles and Heavy Weapons Teams, which are just the Cadian teams plus the Chaos Guard upgrade sprue. Fast Attack is vehicles and maybe cavalry, which can just use Chaos Knights from AoS (and it's not like loyalists have current models for their cavalry anymore anyway).

So, an entire army release, for the cost of producing 4-5 new sprues, and tooling new sprues is where most of the cost is.
>>
>>51440609
The Flock to the Front Line rule that the Castellans of the Imperium possess fits for the Imperial Guard but doesn't really fit for Space Marines, Inquisition or Sisters of Battle. What should it be replaced with for units from those Codexes?
>>
>people still bitching about Orks
>people still trying to use Boys in melee
Just swarm shoota boyz, a s3 I2 model should never be in combat.
>15 shoota boys for 105 points
>30 shots
>>
>>51440648
I mean if they do that they might as well update the entire guard line. Which they wont do. They shoulda done it during the GSC release too.
>>
>>51440655
>30 shots
>5+ to hit
>5+ to wound
>3.5 unsaved wounds
>>
>>51440639
>three HQs
>for a different faction
Fuck off with your super friends.
>>
File: Superior Humanity.png (1MB, 813x768px) Image search: [Google]
Superior Humanity.png
1MB, 813x768px
>>51440655
Because Orks a melee race.
>>
>>51440667
>5+ to wound
3+ vs most units.
>>
>>51440655

>30 shots
>10 hit
>5 wound
>2 dead Tactical Marines

Incredible.
>>
>>51440678
How many of those orks would he kill before he falls?
>>
>>51440693
Well, he's a single Space Marine with a name. Probably all of them.
>>
>>51440698
Top kek
>>
>>51440666
>I mean if they do that they might as well update the entire guard line. Which they wont do. They shoulda done it during the GSC release too.

What? I honestly don't know what you're trying to say. I'm suggesting that they take the Guard models they already have, give them an upgrade sprue, and sell them as Chaos Guard the same way they took Guard models, gave them an upgrade sprue, and sold them as Genestealer Cultists, add in some Chaos models they're already selling as parts of other armies, along with a single genuinely new box of Infantry and one or two new Characters.

I'm not sure how that equates to revamping the entire guard line, when the problem with that would be in the number of new sprues you'd have to make.
>>
>3xLootas detachment that gives them +1BS and rerolling 1s to hit

Y/N?
>>
>>51440707
I'm against that on principal, if you just arbitrarily give an already excellent unit in the codex which is a top contendor for the slot a formation with legitimately no downsides and buff the units already (reasonably) good strength it means that you'll just see 1850 points of 100 or so lootas/ loota proxies.
>>
>>51440704
I'm just saying that they should of given the guard a new sprue line as you can see people bitching about the old sprue all the time. saying how its old and has some problems with the casting process. They should of updated it during the GSC release and if they do this they should update the line
>>
>>51440639

Oh brilliant, I must have missed that if you can just point out which ones are the Astra Militarum ones that'd be great.
>>
>>51440719
I agree in general, as i see formation as another layer of balance that helps you make weaker units viable without directly changing them.

However, they are rarely used as such, and giving powerful rules to already powerful unit is one way of letting race have at least some chance of competing against way stronger opponent.
>>
>>51440719
To carry on I'd say boyz, nobz, weirdboyz, meks, big meks, flashgitz, stormboyz, killa kans, deff dreads, orkanauts, warbuggies/koptas, kommandos and burna boyz should get buff formations as it stands.
>>
File: bullyboyz.png (1MB, 676x925px) Image search: [Google]
bullyboyz.png
1MB, 676x925px
>>51440707

Well sure, I guess.

>>51440719

Let's not pretend that doesn't already happen.
>>
>>51440734
Like I said, it's on the principle that it isn't what formations should be; i.e. a selection of units that potentially limits versatility but buffs them to an extent that offsets this limitation in a fluffy manner.

That formation does none of those things, it's like the eldar aspect host formation
>>
>>51440744
>>51440719
Actually maybe I was a bit harsh, if it operated as a kind of klan formation kind of thing where it could only be taken in say, a deathskullz army, it would be pretty fluffy and cool for them.

I would prefer d3+3 shots desu
>>
File: Dark Eldar - 2000pts.jpg (257KB, 900x1277px) Image search: [Google]
Dark Eldar - 2000pts.jpg
257KB, 900x1277px
Hey, looking for thoughts about this 2k Dark Eldar list.

Any help welcomed!
>>
>>51440747

So why should Orks have to follow this arbitrary restriction that no other codex follows? You can argue that formations SHOULD be like that, but as anyone who has faced a Riptide Wing can attest, they very clearly are not.
>>
>>51440760
> ON PRINCIPLE
> I NEVER SAID RIPTIDE WINGS WERE GOOD, in fact I said words implying the opposite
Stop trying to strawman me guys I'm getting buttmad
>>
>>51440620
I know this has to be bait but I just want to confirm with you 100%.
>>
>>51440667
>>5+ to wound
If you're playing against Death Guard.
>>
>>51440811
It was anon dont worry. people aren't that retarded... Right? R-r-right?
>>
>>51440811
I mean the raw eldar units need a buff, I mean when was the last time you saw an eldar CAD win ITC?

:^)
>>
>>51440647
man how do you even figure out how to open a door with so little imagination? considering the alliance level maybe the necrons manipulated them? bribed them? desperately coming togather because tyranids are swarming the area? maybe the chaos warband/ork warband are mercenaries? theres a myriad different ways to fluff it.
>>
>>51440647
Tau I could see, but I'd more quickly see them ally with the Imperium than Chaos, which is antithetical to them.

Surprise surprise, the allies matrix is bullshit and ruined the game.
>>
>>51440762
Fuck off WAAC fag, Orks deserve buffs.
The face you're asking for limitations on Orks, ORKS, that other codexes don't have is dumb.
>>
>>51440848
Guess GW considered that the "Imperium" got already too many possible allies given that they can freely select unit from half a dozen of codex.

(But it's still shit I agree)
>>
>>51440647

Why wouldn't Necrons ally with Tau? I could easily see some of the Dynasties considering their actually inventing technology approach to be refreshingly sane.
>>
>>51440844
Necrons are absolutely against warpstuff though.
I mean, I could see some shenanigans with mindshackle scarabs happening to explain Orks/Tau, but Chaos?

Also, Deldar and Chaos Daemons anything but "Come the Apocalypse"?
>>
>>51440854
Bitch I fucking play orks here, and I don't think that people should arbitrarily say
> riptide wings are OP so every other formation should be objectively better than the standard unit

Fuck off with your goalposting, orks need codex buffs, not formation cheese that doesn't help the bottom line of people using CAD
>>
Kaeldari Draigo.
>>
>>51440848
there is a reason people dont use it
>>
>>51440888

Well, they are basically a closeted Slaanesh cult.
>>
>>51440887
But Necrons out-tech Tau by far. Except if they'd need to smack the Sautekh dynasty.
I 'd rather see them working together to end some Chaos invasion, but then again, Necrons are better allies with Chaos than Tau, apparently.
>>
>>51440892
i agree, i almost totally dislike all formation cheese - to the point where i just dont want to play people who pick certain ones
>>
I need a name for my Khornate LatD warband. Used to be Guardsmen. Purged a hive city. ][ decided they were tainted too. Sent marines at them. The regiment survived, and turned to Khorne after the fight, as the Imperium betrayed them. Color scheme is unoriginal as it can be, bright red with some brass and black.

I wanted to use Red Rivers becasue memes
>>
>>51440892
>get called a WAAC
>n-no I play Orks! Honest!
EVERY
TIME
>>
>>51440892
What would you do if the next edition removed CAD and instead your codex buffs were all from Formations?
>>
>>51440647
>The Deathskull horde of Big Mek Blagnutz brought their impressive firepower and questionable concept of ownership to the war for Kavardia, where Blagnutz’s inspired leadership saw them attack dozens of different foes, almost at random and (unfortunately for the Orks) often ending in defeat.

>After a particularly crushing defeat against a Space Wolves force, the miraculously unharmed Big Mek was forced to throw his lot in with a surprising ally, Overlord Agdabekh of the Oroskh Dynasty. Though unimpressed at the Necron’s manner, and the unnerving silence with which his legions marched to war, Blagnutz and his lads at last found a modicum of success and an occasional victory. In spite of their alliance, and the chance for loot that it gave Blagnutz and his lads, his remaining boyz looked on their metallic allies with suspicion, though more than one had his eye on a set of shiny super-kickin’ legs – a Deathskull can’t change his face paint...

-E-White Dwarf 61: Regiments of Renown (Blagnutz)
>>
>>51440929
>tfw Lost and the Damned
>tfw no formations anyway
Thats why you go forge world bois. You dont even need to use their minis, just convert some cadians.
>>
>>51440759
I respect you for going for that corpsethief claw man. That's a fuckton of taloses.

Dark Artisan formation though: You're gonna to want a Spirit Probe for Cronos Parasite Engine, the whole formation only has 9 wounds in it and 3+ armor at best, your FnP needs to be something you can rely on.

You got the right idea with the CoTA but I'd recommend a Lahmean over a Medusae, you're not gonna get close enough to get stuff done with your 25 pt hq in a AV 10 venom.

I am reasonably confident that you can't effectively use a Salvo weapon that is the Splinter Cannon when you're moving your raiders around because it counts as moving for the units inside and you'll have to use it at half range and less shots. I'd recommend leaving it as basic rifle and using the points to upgrade your corpsethief.

You can't take splinter cannons on five man kabalite squads, you need to take then models to get access to heavy weapons. I'd really highly recommend blasters on the five man kabalite squads.

I'd recommend using blasters if you really want heavy weapons on your Reaver Jetbikes. Also look into Cluster Caltrops, you're not craftworlds son so get to abusing your speed and ram the shit out of your enemy. You need to HoW them and make them run, with your high initiative you can sweep them.

You seem to have an accidental splinter rack upgrade on one of your Ravangers.
>>
File: Photo on 28-01-2017 at 11.27 PM.jpg (237KB, 1080x720px) Image search: [Google]
Photo on 28-01-2017 at 11.27 PM.jpg
237KB, 1080x720px
>>51440927
Fuck off you piece of shit

Sorry about the unpainted dudes, I left most of my army at my mates
>>
>>51440929
kill me now; i think if they forced formations, i would only play unbound
>>
>>51440926
Teen Angsters?
>>
>>51440929
Probably start playing Infinity unless they dramatically changed their ethic towards formations.
>>
>>51440909
>Ancient type 3 civilization that finished science
>Out tech by a type 2 that can't even do proper space travel

>Anciente civilization masters of evolution and adaptation with a single mind orchesteing everything in perfect harmony
>Out adapted by tech dependent type 2

>Anciente Empire with infinity numbers and centuries of battle experience agianst a million different Xenos with different strategies. Masters of space battles
>Out smarted, outnumber and more experience by a civilization that still has trouble with space combat
>>
>>51440959
their ethic?
>>
File: 1474910336883.jpg (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1474910336883.jpg
2MB, 1920x1080px
Can inquisitors train their own armues? If so where do they get all the tanks and stuff from? Do they have to pay for them by paying the leader of the planet they're mustering on? Where do their ships come from? Do they just print out an Imperial bond and shiver them down people's mouth before taking off with the stiff? Where do they get actual money From? Can you hire an Inquisitor? How do they get power armour? Favors from the Mechan or do they have their own forges?

Very much a new fag s-s-sorry
>>
>>51440970
As in
> Oh this is a good unit currently
> Lets make a formation that only buffs them
Ala riptide wing/ Gladius/ Aspect host
>>
>>51440962
>Tau out-adapted Tyranids meme again
That's why they lost an entire region of space and almost 30 planets and didn't win any battles until the Imperium helped, right?
>>
I mentioned last night about a guy holding my 40k hostage and maybe getting police involved and someone asked deets.

Basically the last time I played was a game at a friend's flat new years eve 2015. Played a game then went out drinking.
After that I never got round to picking my stuff up and life interfered with playing or painting.
Roll forward to late 2016 and this guy has gone off the fucking rails. Permanently drunk, off his face on MDMA at all times, stopped playing vidya or tabletop/tcgs which is all he used to do, got in trouble with police, date raped numerous women.
I didn't want to hang around with him like that so barely talked to him.
All this culminated in him slashing his wrists and showing off about it to my suicidal mentally ill then girlfriend. I told someone, he flipped out and refused to talk to me anymore, now he's fucking dating said girlfriend who he chatted shit about all the time behind her back, deleted me off Facebook and won't reply to my messages demanding my army back.

So yeah, that's how my KDK came to be held hostage. Please subscribe
>>
>>51440926
Edge McEdgyfesters?
>>
>>51440991
Just fucking get his ass in jail senpai, it's best for society and its best for those girls you mentioned.

And it's best for your KDK
>>
>>51440991
That sucks bro, but not your personal blog. You probably shouldn't have left your shit there for like a whole fucking year.
>>
>>51440980
on the tabletop, inquisitors have henchmen bands, not quite armies, and they can have a transport like a rhino or a chimera or even commandeer a grey knight landraider
its funny in the tabletop, if your inquisitor has a chimera its a guardsman stat crew, in the rhino and landraider it has space marine crew
>>
>>51440991
In all we're looking at maybe 3 boxes of zeroes, a heldrake, helbrute, few units of csm, few of bloodletting, a juggernaut lord, blood crushers, couple of flesh hounds, a soul grinder, a skull cannon and a bloodthirster at least
>>
>>51441011
It would not be a problem of veterans or Inquistorial Stormtroopers where a thing.

I would gladly pay 10 points for a BS4 Chimera, honestly 5 points is more than enough but GW gonna GW
>>
>>51440986
Because you are a piece of shit that didn't read the part where it says that Gorgon had enough initial biomass to overwhelm the Tau planets with sheer numbers.

The Tau did match the adaptation of Gorgon and ran with it. Considering that Gorgon was the most adaptive hive fleet ever, the Tau Empire should be considered more adaptive that the Nids.
>>
>>51441027
+1 BS only worth 5 points? Are you joking? There's literally no time ever you wouldn't take that upgrade in the history of listbuilding.
>>
>>51441027
Its 10 points in LatD, so probably 10 points would be good enough.
>>
Can someone convince me not to run a swarmlord deathstar. I really fucking want to and in casual play it seems alright desu.

I need help
>>
>>51440946
>he bought a 'naut
You poor soul.

>Ork boyz are the heart and soul of any warband. They charge in to battle in a great mass, crashing in to the enemy like a green landslide. Bellowing with the joy of battle, mobs of Ork boyz excel at close quarters where they can hack, bludgeon and stamp their foes to bloody ruin.
>>
>>51441033
It also says on the jungle planet where the Tau made a stand, every time they used a new tactic or piece of technology, the Tyranids adapted again, until they won. The Tau didn't match anything lol. The entire timeline of that campaign is just horrific slaughter after horrific slaughter.

Also
>Gorgon winning through sheer numbers
It was said to be one of the smallest named Hive Fleets in recorded history, lol.
>>
>>51440759
Is there a website or something for that template?
>>
>>51441050
There's a reason that my pile of unused/ left behind dudes is just boyz, a naut and some kommandos
>>
>>51440685
Making back ~25% of your cost back per volley is pretty good.
>>
>>51441035
Well some armies shoot twice for free.

>>51441043
Yah 10 points sounds nice.

Basically 20 points extra for a chimera. Dozer blade, psybolt and BS4
>>
>>51441063
R E A D T H E O P
E
A
D

T
H
E

O
P
>>
>>51441044
Don't do it because Swarmlord is stupid as a concept. 'Nids don't really do deathstars either. The closest thing would be a First Curse Formation from Genestealer Cults, roll the Patriarch on Biomancy and hope for Endurance or Telepathy and go for Invis.
>>
>>51441074
I M A N E W F A G
M

A

N
E
W
F
A
G
>>
>>51441055
Except they did but the Tyranids had the numbers to overwhelm the Tau defenders. Winning is near impossible even if adapt your tech since the nids would grind you up in attrition anyways.

But in the end the Tau figured out the weakness of Gorgon's adaptation and turned the war.

>It was said to be one of the smallest named Hive Fleets in recorded history, lol.

And the next line it's said they had a lot of numbers more than enough to overwhelm the Tau worlds in front of it.

Like I said, piece of shit.
>>
>>51441092
>But in the end the Tau figured out the weakness of Gorgon's adaptation and turned the war.
They never turned the war. It was loss, loss, loss loss, loss, loss, slaughter slaughter loss, oh the Imperium is here, and then both of them working together beat them.

You seem buttfrustrated that someone is calling you on your bullshit tauwank.
>>
>>51441077
Would the swarmlord with some tyrant guard beat a patriarch though?

I despise GSC
>>
>>51441073
it would make more sense for the rhino and landraider BS3 and reduce their points cost

>acolytes are bs3
>tempestus and ig vets are bs4
kms
>>
>>51441055
>>51441099
Nidbros dubs confirm, Tau a shit.
>>
>>51440926
>>
>>51441092
>nids adapt to daemons in a week
>blueshits marysue into a win
okay anon
>>
>>51441100
With a full complement of Purestrains bringing them to equal points? Doubt it.

>I despise GSC
Why? If you don't like the human/machines aspect of it, First Curse is literally all just pure Tyranids.
>>
>>51441044
The Swarmlord isn't really worth the premium you spend over a regular Hive Tyrant. Just bring Lashwhip+Bonesword and Adrenal Glands, and three Tyrant Guard with glands as well, and you're done. It's a solid synapse bunker that you can anchor the rest of your army around, Fleet means it has half a chance of actually reaching combat, and it'll roll right over most things it can catch.

Of course you'll probably still lose because you're playing Tyranids and we've got the second worst book in the game, but still.
>>
File: In the end.png (190KB, 833x361px) Image search: [Google]
In the end.png
190KB, 833x361px
>>51441099
Stop lying, Nidfag.

Picture related. The fighting was on more than one planet, not just Kel'shan.
>>
>>51441131
>posting shit from an old outdated Codex
Try the new book, sweetie.
>>
Reading Blood Angels codex Ret Thirst edition(new one).
Scouts still Bs3. FaQ still says they should be BS4.
Fucking Dammit GW, you have just to update one number.
>>
The Tau would once again face the renamnts of the super adaptive Gorgon in recent years. The Tau easily defeated them with no issue. Something that the Tau have advanced beyond the Tyranids.

>Burning the Splinter - 919999.M41

>A lone bio-ship of Hive Fleet Gorgon, having sheltered within an asteroid field in the Perdus Rift, disgorges its vile swarms upon the biomass-rich world of Pech. The Tyranids run riot as the jungle itself turns against the Kroot who make the planet their home. Though the avian mercenaries of that planet are equal to the task of engaging and destroying the lesser creatures of the swarms, tribe after tribe are killed by the giant bio-titans in their midst. The Tau Empire, long-time allies of the Kroot, deploy the largest guns at their disposal in order to repel the Tyranids from the planet. Cadre upon cadre of battlesuits are deployed on mesas and plateaus overlooking the forest, each slaying those beasts whose exoskeletons shudder through the canopies below with sustained volleys of heavy rail rifle fire. Though the Firebase Support Cadres are hunted in their turn by chameleonic weapon-beasts and flocks of winged terrors, each mesa’s sides are soon thronged with Kroot climbing hand over hand to protect their battlesuited saviours. Together, the two factions make an excellent combination, and the Tyranid weapon-beasts are hunted down and slain without exception.
>>
>>51441130
Thanks senpai I might just run that

Honestly I get the feeling whoever wrote that codex forgot that MCs got AP2 as standard
>>
>>51441137
The new book doesn't contradict this and is in fact a shortened version of it. Try again, honey cheeks.
>>
>>51441137
all codex lore is valid, darling
>>
If epub3 is the format of the future, why is it such an enormous pain in the ass to deal with? Kobo won't import for some reason, and every other reader that I've tried has issues with the test size, spacing, or layout.
>>
>>51441145
Showing that the Tau*
>>
>>51441145
>one bio-ship
>took deployment of tons of battlesuit cadres and the population of the kroot homeworld just to contain this
>>
>>51441152
Oh really? In that case Tyranids still use the Warp, then, and are by far the largest threat to the entire Galaxy?
>>
hey guys,

there are rumours about new terrain next month
does anyone have news about that?
>>
>>51441152
Oldcrons. Not even that guy but dont be retarded.
>>
>>51441150
>The new book doesn't contradict this and is in fact a shortened version of it
But it does contradict it, and has more details in the timeline section that follows the fluff page, which doesn't show a single Tau victory until the planet where the Imperium stepped in.
>>
Alright so I'm thinking about starting this hobby. How much does it approximately cost to get started with the brushes, paint, clippers, etc.?
>>
>>51441159
1-The Kroot are space nomads so the population of Pech can't be that big.
2-The Tau always deploy tons of suits

So what happened to the Tyranids super adaption. Why are bringing the subject of numbers? I thought adaptation can defeat NUMBERS..hmmmm?
>>
>>51441168
>Tyranids... are by far the largest threat to the entire Galaxy?

I thought hive fleet leviathan is the single greatest threat to the imperium?
>>
>>51441178
Yeah I heard it's happening
>>
>>51440707
No.
Two d3 shots but gets hot.
>>
>>51440707
N

Lootas are pretty much fine. Why don't you make a formation for a unit that actually needs buffs. While you're at it, make a formation that actually makes sense as a formation and not just something that should be part of the unit normally.
>>
>>51441196
It's pretty shit adaptation if they can't adapt to a dichotomy of light and heavy infantry
>>
>>51441184
It doesn't. In fact, the new codex omits a lot of like Ka'mais which are mentioned in contemporary books or recent books.

The old book also doesn't mention any other victories other than Ke'shan. So no contradiction in sight.
>>
>>51441189
maybe around 30 - 50$? depends what you want
>>
>>51441178
It's going to be Eldar-themed ruins, apparently. So expect a lot of fallen wraithbone masonry.
>>
In a Aspect host focused Pale host with DA core.
What shooting aspect should be cut?
>>
>>51441199
It isn't. Gathering of the Storm names the Tyranids as a lesser threat and says Chaos is by far the greatest.
>>
File: 18RpgXJ.jpg (18KB, 502x214px) Image search: [Google]
18RpgXJ.jpg
18KB, 502x214px
Opinions on new leaked Mort.
Real or fake?
>>
>>51441222
But apparently old books are still valid, and 4th ed Tyranid Codex says otherwise.
>>
>>51441168
>In that case Tyranids still use the Warp

Ye, Tyranids still use the Warp. In the Cassius novel that came a few months ago, the Tyranids of Behemoth used narwhals and warp travel to escape the Imperial fleet.
>>
>>51441228
At first I was saying fake just because other people were stating it was a conversion in a way that sounded like they had some kind of source for that info. Turns out there's no one backing up that claim, it was the usual skeptic retards who are insecure about being wrong on the internet and will deny any possibility any leak is real ever. Given the info we have I'm almost positive it's real now.
>>
>>51441229
Where exactly?
>>
File: jxtV0.jpg (137KB, 432x360px) Image search: [Google]
jxtV0.jpg
137KB, 432x360px
>>51441228
could be real, and mortarion is obviously going to come out eventually, but I'm not about to get hyped about anything
>>
>>51441222
chaos daemons were assblasted by nids; nids are a greater threat to every faction in 40k maybe with the exception of necrons
>>
>>51441243
The part that talks about them needing to increase IG recruitment by 400% and ignore every other threat in the galaxy including all other alien races and the traitor legions in order to MAYBE stand a chance against the next Hive Fleet incursion if they continue happening at the same rate.
>>
>>51441202
>gets hot
>on unit that fires 2-6 shoots and hits on 5+

You can't be serious.
>>
>>51441269
I say it should be
> Gets Orky!
If a one is rolled to hit, the gun starts backfiring and loading in extra cases. The model controlling the gun takes one s3 ap- 'hit', if passed, the model fires an additional d3 shots in the phase and in the next turn.
>>
>>51441184
>Tau are attacked by smallest hive fleet
>only win with the help of Imperial crusade
>Imperium attacked by larger hive fleet
>victory with a single space marine chapter and their own fleet, no outside help from xenos

Imperium 1
Filthy Aliens 0
>>
>>51441199
All armies at some point are the 'single greatest threat to the Imperium'
>>
>>51441066
I have lots of success with minimum numbers of kommandos with burners outflanking.
>>
>>51441269
Risk/reward.
>>
>>51441306
Even the imperium?
>>
>>51441318
ESPECIALLY the Imperium, anon.
>>
>>51441316
They have better chance to kill themselves than enemies after to wound and saves are accounted for.
>>
>>51441316
>he says, putting his two Riptide Wings on the table
>"it's only fair, Orkbro!"
>>
>>51441255
Daemons kicked than asses of Tyranids more times than the other way around.

We have 5 cases of daemons destroying Tyranids and even hive fleet parts and one casr of nids beating daemons.

>>51441264
It doesn't say that the Nids are the greatest threat not does it say they should ignore the other threats.
>>
>>51441318
The Imperium is the only threat to the Imperium, the rest needs asspulls and plot armour to do anything.
>>
>>51441314
I enjoyed that tactic too for a while, until I found out that I generally could be in assault range by the time they came in and that if the opponent even looked at them they failed to make their 100pt price tag back
>>
File: 1485421768562.gif (2MB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
1485421768562.gif
2MB, 500x281px
>>51441131
Oh look it's actually Carnac
>>
>>51441301
Gorgon wasn't the smallest fleet.

And Behemoth was thinned out by multiple xeno factions before it got to Ultramar. The Silent King fleet, Ork freebooter fleet, the Eldar of Alaitoc, and the TAU did heavy damage to the fleet.
>>
>>51441335
>the rest needs asspulls and plot armour to do anything
>implying the only reason Tyranids haven't already wiped out the Imperium is because of all the mary sue marine asspulls and plot armour
Oh the irony.
>>
>>51441344
You can't thin out Tyranids unless you're shooting them into black holes or suns. They just eat the dead ones and all the occupants of your space craft after winning a battle and move on.
>>
File: Dark Eldar - 2000pts v2.jpg (262KB, 900x1290px) Image search: [Google]
Dark Eldar - 2000pts v2.jpg
262KB, 900x1290px
>>51440943

Hey, Thanks a lot for the advice! I've remodeled the list after the points you raised.

The corpsthief Claw is basically a floating DE boner so the better the better.

However, I have doubts and the anti-tank capability of the army, what's your thought on this?

>>51441063

The link is in the top description. It's pretty useful.
>>
>>51441344
>Gorgon wasn't the smallest fleet.
Name a smaller one then
>>
>>51441331
>>51441327
3x90 shots, 30 hits, 15 hots.

And why are you shooting ap4 at 2/3+ targets?
>>
>>51441363
My hive fleet that i created
>>
>>51441350
You do know that the nids are not a threat in space? Sure once they land the imperium lost. But in space it can simply chip away it till dead.

Unless space marines go full retard and crash a ship into the fleet instead of using proper and proven anti Nid space tactics and strategy.
>>
>>51441357
Guess what the Silent King did? (Source Word of the Silent King). Necron fleet shoot Guass, blackhopes, and stars.

Alaitoc utterly destroyed two tendrils of Behemoth (FW book Eldar vs Imperials).

The Tau destroyed numerous splinters of Behomoth.

The Ork freebooter fleet took a heavy tool on the Tyranids before the Tyranids reached Ultramar.

The Ultramarine are lucky that Xenos helped out.
>>
>>51441363
Hive Fleet Scarabus.
>>
>>51440927
Hey man! Stick to your orks :) :D
I learned to love em on the tournament circuit circa 2009, used to be you couldn't go to a 6 game weekend without having 5 games be against orks. I once went two tournaments in a row, playing nothing but ORKS. Everybody and their Grandma was playing fucktons of Boys and lootaz.

<3 :)

Somehow everytime I meet an Orkplayer, I get nostalgic for that time. Have a (You) for making me enjoy my nostalgia
>>
>>51441336
That's why you outflank next to their backfield objective campers/gun line support units and toast them.

You then spend the rest of the game going to ground in some ruins next to an objective.
>>
>>51441373
>You do know that the nids are not a threat in space? Sure once they land the imperium lost. But in space it can simply chip away it till dead.
This is not and has never been true. Read Warriors of Ultramar, for example, or Shield of Baal.

Tyranids are more unbeatable in space than they are on the ground.
>>
>>51441413
Actually, IIRC, the Necrons in ''Word of the Silent King'' say that the Tyranids are quite easy to defeat in space.
>>
File: February2017ENG.jpg (138KB, 920x950px) Image search: [Google]
February2017ENG.jpg
138KB, 920x950px
the emperor return!!!
>>
>>51441357
I think just burning shit works too
>>
>>51441398
You're still struggling to kill 100pts of stuff with 2, effectively one use only, s4 ap5 templates, from my experiences, at least.
>>
>>51441421
Showing beats telling. Anytime the battles are actually shown nids are nigh-unstoppable.
>>
>>51441306
i dont think deldar have ever been
>>
>>51441431
...The hero in the cover of gathering storm III is Sanguinor

Wait & see ;)
>>
So since we know Mortarion is next (even if this specific leak is fake he's coming eventually), which Daemon Primarch do we expect to come first after that? Angron or Fulgrim?

>inb4 some faggot unironically says Lorgar or Perturabo
>>
>>51441435
The short story shows the Silent King fleet just defeated a Hive Fleet and is pursuing a surviving splinter in space using it as a pawn and an experiment.

So there is some validity to what the Necron said.
>>
>>51441448
Perturabo...
vs Legion of damned Ferrus Manus
>>
>>51441435
They were sick good in BFG too iirc. But then so were 'Crons. Fun times that game.
>>
So how fucked is comorragh if the nids get out?
>>
>The Eldar brought their doom upon themselves long ago. Now another spectre looms over the Aeldari race – doom for some, rebirth for others, it is Ynnead, the Eldar god of the dead, and you can read all about what this means for the Eldar, their enemies and a galaxy already beset by the Gathering Storm in February’s issue of White Dwarf!

Aeldari is quite a cool name, but I've never seen this before. I'm trying to avoid /tg/ because you fucks keep spoiling shit.
>>
>>51441464
Lol, but I would like to see him xD
>>
>>51441449
>most powerful Necron with the largest standing Necron force in existence beat some unnamed Tyranid fleet in a random short story basically no one has read
>this means Tyranids are ez in space
Sure alright
>>
>>51441448
Is it Mortarion? I've not been on /tg/ much cause you fucks refuse to use spoiler tags.
>>
>>51441431
Eldrad is not even an Eldar? WTF what a twist. What is he?
>>
>>51441476
>if
Pretty sure GSC Codex said there was not one but multiple genestealer cults already deeply rooted in the lower realms of the Dark City. It probably won't be long before there's some sabotage at the caging areas where they're holding the nids while uprisings simultaneously throw everything into Chaos.
>>
>>51441495
Golden Men.
>>
>>51441495
He is Alpharius.
>>
>>51441448
angron would be the obvious one, since he's popular and could accompany a comparatively small khorne release (baisc zerks are the only real necessary thing they're missing)

Honestly I'm more interested in what they do with the loyalists. Big ugly demon dudes are something GW has boatloads of.
>>
>>51441488
Mortarion is definitely the next one. I'm asking what people think will be Daemon Primarch #3 - Angron, or Fulgrim?
>>
>>51441449
fucking newfags need to into BFG
Necrons saying "Tyranids are EZ Tier"
is equivalent to America saying that Belgium is EZ Tier.

Necrons are ridiculously overpowered in Space.
Nids are fucking scary for the Imperium due to the sheer number of ships and the size of said ships they field. Read up on the fucking Tyrannic wars and the phyrrhic Victories the Imperium scored - only by suiciding their biggest battleships right into the Tyranid Formations and then overloading the fucking warpjumpreactor, creating a black hole in the spot where the tyranid fleet had been.

Nids in Space are serious business for the Imperium.
Nothing is serious business for the Necrons, in Space.
>>
>>51441478
Snape kills Dumbledore.

Jon Snow dies.

The Titanic sinks.
>>
>>51441448

Slaanesh is getting the axe like he did in age of shitmar so probably Angron but yes the 'Cult' Daemon Primarchs are definitely the first to come.
>>
>>51441495
>Barely an Eldar

He's crystal, that's what it means.

>>51441507
Is he? Proofs?
>>
File: Illic Nightspear, The Last Hope.jpg (118KB, 873x627px) Image search: [Google]
Illic Nightspear, The Last Hope.jpg
118KB, 873x627px
>>51441431
>The Rhana Dandra was been postponed

He did. The Savior Messiah has done it. He saved the universe. He stopped the Rhana Dandra!
>>
>>51441476
>So how fucked is comorragh if the nids get out?

Vect creates a "neocammorragh" - I do not remember the name of the new dark city, because the Warp expands when khaine's gate is open and the old commorragh is infested with demons.
>>
>>51441495
At this point, mostly crystal. Though that farseer is probably referencing his lack of "eldarmanity" in that he's basically a deranged death cultist doing things on the fringe that can very well fuck over all eldar forever.
>>
>>51441514
>getting the axe
>he's literally mentioned in the Tzeentch Battletome and has several books about his followers

>Shitmar

oh you're that guy, never mind.
>>
>>51441517
Lady Atia, Deathguard Green paint leak, plus the leaked pics going around right now which are seeming more and more legit (and even if they're not we're still told he will be next).
>>
>Carnac is here

And just like that, I remember why I quit this fucking board. Oh and /v/ and /vg/, since he resides there as well.
>>
>>51441514
Even IF Slaanesh gets axed I still think they're doing Fulgrim eventually.
>>
>>51441496
>Pretty sure GSC Codex said there was not one but multiple genestealer cults already deeply rooted in the lower realms of the Dark City.
Wrong. There is nothing about Commoragh or Dark Eldar in GSC codex.
>>
>>51441528
Might be cool, but I'll wait till we get some pics.
>>
>>51441526

>he's mentioned once offhand
>he's in the game guise seriously!

age of shitmar plz go
>>
Has anyone here actually used or seen The Eight? Is it even possible to viably use it in an 1850-point game? It doesn't feel like the formation bonuses justify actually running all of them, especially when you can just take most of their gear on its own in a regular CAD or whatever.
>>
>>51441528
but that paint is already a while ago, and the new Tint set are named with Primarch names
>>
>>51441543
He literally has books about his followers, that isn't 'offhand'. The antag in Lord of Undeath is a Slaaneshi Lord. There is a book called By The Horns about them.

Tzeentch book says how it's Tzeentch's fault he's missing.

There is literally rules for running Slaaneshi units in the Chaos United Tome thing.

Fuck off shitposting, I couldn't give a toss about AoS, but I know what's happening in it, unlike you, who ignores shit to shitpost constantly.

Guess 40k will be 40shit or something when Slaanesh goes too.
>>
>>51441532
Hmm, you're right I can't find it. Maybe it was something Phil Kelly said in one of the interviews.
>>
>>51441554
You see>>51441340
>>
>>51441553
The paint was leaked awhile, but not released yet.
>>
File: 1461527387633.png (85KB, 492x280px) Image search: [Google]
1461527387633.png
85KB, 492x280px
>>51441554

>gets triggered and goes off on a diatribe
>he doesn't care about AoS
>>
>>51441434
Depends on how much you value their ability to claim objectives and line breaker.

I had games where they toasted a unit of path finders in some ruins in the back, ducked under return fire with 2+ cover saves and claimed line breaker.
>>
>>51441578
Yeah mine were very similar, in the end they seemed too unreliable for me, and I decided that I would rather use Mogrok's fornation to outflank some beatstick units like meganobz with combi flamers rather than some 6+ dudes with two burnas.

Pathfinders are optimal pickings for them, though.
>>
>>51441448
All I play is KDK and World Eaters so I'm hoping for Angron
>>
File: tint set.jpg (104KB, 668x960px) Image search: [Google]
tint set.jpg
104KB, 668x960px
>>51441553
true for artificier tint set
but deathguard paint is not released, only it appears in a citadel paints brochure given in warhammer world a few months ago.
>>
File: 1475282945542.png (2MB, 622x1716px) Image search: [Google]
1475282945542.png
2MB, 622x1716px
>>51441532
>>51441560
There's an art piece showing a Genestealer Cult fighting in Commoragh. Picture related.
>>
>>51441603
I've toyed with the idea of running minimum burna boyz, taking the thinkin' cap and gambling on getting master of ambush to outflank shit.

Does anyone know what the chances are of rolling it with two rolls, with a reroll.
>>
>>51441495
I assumed it meant he was acting like an Eldar shouldn't
>>
File: 99120102005_KhorneBerzerkers01.jpg (67KB, 600x620px) Image search: [Google]
99120102005_KhorneBerzerkers01.jpg
67KB, 600x620px
>>51441623

How many of these bad boys do you own
>>
>>51441629
Why are cultists in the dark city fighting in imperium mining uniforms and autoguns?
>>
>>51441629

Something tells me that the dark eldar wouldn't actually care too much. They could just write the ingest section off and void mine it or drop a sun down there.

>>51441647

Deldar are pirates who plunder people.
>>
>>51440647
The CSM army is sadly a bit of a catchall both for full-on Chaos-worshipping (or "utilizing", depending on who you ask) Legionaires, as well as as general renegades and mercenaries. The Red Corsairs are the most notable example of a "renegade chapter", but IA 13 mentions other ones including the Dark Wolves and the Night Reapers.

The Night Reapers in particular after the Battle for Perun Cross were known for attempting to co-opt xenotech. Not just **any** Xenotech; nothing like reverse-engineering Eldar Plasma for Imperial Missile Launchers or so [like the Mentors supposedly did], but using the REALLY dangerous stuff like Dracolith laser-crystals, Uluthemathi shadow-projection, etc. (Most this stuff is in the fluff for the Decimator Daemon Engine).

Anyway, Necrons are not a unified whole like the Tau or Imperium pretend to be. Some will use any tactic to their advantage, some Necrons are kooky (ol Zahndrekh anyone), etc. Personally, part of me kind of wishes Zahndrekh's special rule let his detachment treat other factions as "one level higher" on the allies chart and vice-versa, so you could reliably field a bunch of Green Necrons as long as Zahndrekh isn't slain (or knocked out or whatever it is).
>>
>>51441647
Because GW only produces art of its exacty models these days. Every picture of a Primus in the Codex might as well depict the same person, with the same equipment. So the Neophytes NEED to have Imperial gear clothes and weapons, even if it's more likely they'd be fighting with looted splinter weapons and such.
>>
File: 1417831941150.png (15KB, 354x234px) Image search: [Google]
1417831941150.png
15KB, 354x234px
>>51441647

lol I was thinking the same thing. This is a result of GW's policy of only drawing the miniatures they sell. So you will only ever see GCultists in mining uniforms and every fight will be in an imperial sector, etc. It's kinda sad to be honest.
>>
How starter friendly is Mechanicus?
>>
>>51441641
Still slowly expanding, only 48 and Kharn so far
>>
>>51441652
So they just went full retard and didn't take their weapons off them?
Or did some archon just release them for giggles?
>>
>>51440926
Please help I cant help but make up some shitty edge names.
>>
>>51441688

Pit fights
>>
>>51440744
It "does", but that doesn't mean that it should be encouraged. I like formations/detachments which let you do things different/make otherwise weak units more viable without making them uber.

I enjoy the Helforged Warpack for example, as reusable Daemonforge solves half the problem of Forgefiends (overcosted and only get one turn to do damage), being able to turn one of your Walkers into a Character is cool as shit and lets you do unusual stuff, like running the Crabthedral as your Warlord.

Then you have your Riptide Wings, Heralds Anarchic, etc, which take an excellent unit that you probably planned to take anyway, removes any "troop tax" required to field them in the first place, then gives them a really good bonus on top of that!

"Gee, all Riptides can fire twice once per game, re-roll Nova Reactor shots, get better BS, and I don't have to take any Fire Warriors or an Ethereal/Shas'o to take them? Hrm...was I going to take Riptides anyway?"

Then you contrast this with something like Khorne's Bloodstorm:
2 units of Raptors, a MANDATORY unit of Warp Talons, and an optional Heldrake.
"Bonus: +1 Strength to Hammer of Wrath Attacks (Protip: Jump Infantry cannot use Hammer of Wrath unless they move like Infantry on that turn), and the Heldrake does +1 Strength with Vector Strikes (which is decent, but if the Heldrake is what you want, you take a Terror Pack which gives you two Heldrakes for NO tax).
>>
>>51441633
I've tried that a fair amount and you actually get fairly good results with it, if you take the horde detatchment for a reroll and reroll BOTH dice if you don't get it. Don't settle for less than the trait you want.

Generally 2/3 games I got it, if that means anything
>>
File: Capture+_2017-01-28-14-18-58.png (309KB, 1440x2392px) Image search: [Google]
Capture+_2017-01-28-14-18-58.png
309KB, 1440x2392px
Sup tg, rate my assault based fluffy eldar force. I know it wont be competitively good but I want to know if there are any glaring weaknesses.
Thanks.
>>
>>51441661
As a reminder, GW also makes it a point to only write rules for models they sell now. Wrath of Magnus removed the option for Aspiring Sorcerers to take any Force Weapon besides a Force Stave. So that metal Aspiring Sorcerer with a Force Sword from 2nd ed? No longer a legal Aspiring Sorcerer, because fuck you.
>>
>>51441718
The support battery has 2 D-Cannons
Every storm guardian squad has fusion guns.
Every available heavy weapon option has starcannons.
>>
>>51441718
You want the Avatar in there. He's such an enormous force multiplier that not bringing him in this sort of list is kind of gimping yourself. Bin off the Autarch, cut the weapons from the Wraithlord - just run him with two flamers and a sword - and one of the D-cannons and you should have enough points.
>>
>>51441700
>Heralds Anarchic
I'm glad we got a way to take extra Heralds in a FBD based army without needing 22 more Horrors as CAD Tax, but I wish the formation did something fun/neat/intersting. Loads of Warp Charge is powerful, but boring and unnecessary.
>>
>>51441720
#NeverForgetCarnifex

Part of me wants to post that I every Facebook publication just to piss them off
>>
>>51441720
Yep, this is also true. Just look at the way the Dark Eldar wargear section was gutted. Nothing but Power Swords or Agonisers for your squad leaders, not even a Venom Blade. I miss being able to put a Power Spear on my Arena Champion.
>>
>>51440980

An Inquisitors badge is pretty much a carte blanche do-whatever-the-fuck-you-want -badge.

An Inquisitor has the right to requisition any imperial personnel and materiel for their investigations. This doesn't quite reach every imperial agency though, for example the space marines chapter autonomy is such that they probably wouldn't have much repercussions from telling an inquisitor to go shove it if one demanded something from them.

But as far as IG or PDFs are concerned, an Inq basically shows up at a garrison or the office of a planetary governor with a shopping list and everyone scrambles to get the new boss-man what he needs. No basic mortal in the imperium wants to piss off an inquisitor. This extends to basic shit like lodgings and stuff too.
>>
>>51441758
Newfag here, whats the deal with the carnifex?
>>
File: Magnus - 1850pts.jpg (368KB, 900x1311px) Image search: [Google]
Magnus - 1850pts.jpg
368KB, 900x1311px
>>51441753
Personally, I would be better with Heralds Anarchic if:
-They could only generate powers from Lore of Change.
-The extra Warp Charge they generate can only be used within their Formation.

The extra Warp Charge plus avoiding the Horror tax becomes a tradeoff versus not using them to Summon/cast Prescience.

Because otherwise, you can build lists like this one. Yes, it's legal. Magnus doesn't get Blessing of Tzeentch, but with the Void Shield, shitloads of blobs, . You could drop a few Horrors and Zombies if you really want to add some token dakka, and maybe substitute the CAD Herald for Masque even.
>>
>>51441792
It has a sprue with tons of upgrades but you cant actually use half of them because the codex doesnt support it anymore IIRC
>>
>>51441775
Never Forget Vect.

On a more amusing note, I find it funny that Genestealer Cults have an Armory Page with "Ranged Weapons", "Melee Weapons", "Mining", "Special" and "Heavy Weapons" when they only have one unit in their entire codex that can use those options!

>>51441797
Meant to say with shitloads of zombies and the Void Shield, you don't really care. Just have Magnus Swoop on turn 1, cast Siphon Magic, have the Daemons summon to channel Warp Charge onto Magnus, then have him finish off with the D. In the shooting phase, he continues moving and goes into Ongoing Reserve.
>>
File: 654636345.gif (2MB, 500x203px) Image search: [Google]
654636345.gif
2MB, 500x203px
>>51440647
>>
File: 14806187465370.png (269KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
14806187465370.png
269KB, 1000x1000px
I remember

Da Klanz

Goffs - All boys get +1 WS, W. Nobs also get +1T
Waagh-band or Goff Kill Mob

Evil Sunz - All DT trukks now free, battlewagons 50% of point cost. You can disembark and charge even if you move more than 6".
Waagh-band or Jalopies! (Always get first turn and get free move at start of the game)

Bad Moons - All upgrades are free. 1 in 5 boys (or all nobs) can take Kustom Mega-Blasta.
Waagh-band or Nazdreg Boys ( All inf.units can DS and scstter with 1 dice. Shoot twice after DS)

Deathskulls - boys and nobs can change they shootas in following:
Pulse Rifle
Bolter of any type
Shuriken Catapult
Tesla Carbines
Access to all vehicle from other codex. It get fast type, open-topped and BS 2.
Waagh-band or Lucky Skull ( All orks get 6+ inv. and 6+ fnp. Failed rolls must be re-rolled)

Blood Axes - Kommandos get steals+shroud, can chardge after reserv. Access to all IG vehicle.
Waagh-band or tacticz mob ( +1 to your reserv roll and -2 enemy. You can enter in 12" from edge of table.)

Snakebites - all orks get 4+ FNP and move, run and charge +4"
Waagh-band or Green Tide.
>>
>>51441720
>tfw have 2 old-school Rubric Squads
I still haven't a fucking clue how I'm going to WYSIWYG them. If I even bother at all honestly. I convert a lot so I'm never entirely WYSIWYG anyway.
>>
>>51441855
awful.
>>
I'm busy wagecucking but all I want to do is paint. Save me
>>
>>51441855
When I was rewriting the core rules for 40k, I wrote the Klanz system as very conservative/streamlined in its nature.

Klanz are very similar to Marks of Chaos with two exceptions: They're free, and you can have units composed of multiple Klanz. When you build your army at list creation, you choose a Klan for each Ork unit to be part of (Grotz are weedy and don't get this), and the unit gets a corresponding piece of Klan Gear.

So Evil Sunz got Red Paint Jobs (+1 to all their movement speeds), Bad Moons got Gitfindas (+1 to BS), Blood Axes got Finkin' Kaps (+1 Initiative; this actually mattered more, as I had modified shooting to be "compare BS versus Initiative"), Goffs got Bull Totemz (+1 WS), etc.

A Warboss and his unit benefits from the Warboss's Klan Wargear a "Second Time". This applies even if the Warboss joins a Klan that's different from his own unit. ("I sayz you'z Goffs now, so quit muckin' about!"). On the turn that the Waaagh is called, the Warboss's Klan Gear bonus applies yet another time!

So you could either have a Speedy Waaagh (Evil Sunz with an Evil Sunz Boss on a Waaagh would move +3" during a Waaagh turn for move/run/charge), a Shooty Waaagh (Bad Moons!), a "defensive Waaagh", etc, depending on which Klan your Warboss was part of. I think I did "Better Invulnerables" for Deffskulls and forget what it was for Snakebites (either "better toughness" or something involving poison Hammer of Wrath).

It was surprisingly simple, yet amusingly flexible.
>>
>>51441881
I litterally bought a new army because I'll start a new job in a few weeks. Even if I was in "guess I'm done in 40k".

To make thing worse, I'm a few thousand km from my place, where all my stuff is located, and in one of the countries where GW stuff is the most overpriced.

Please help.
>>
>>51441916

>very conservative/streamlined

>GIF ALL MODALS IN SQUD DIFFRENT KLAN MARKS THATLL BE FLUFFY AND NO CONFUSING LOL

Fuck off
>>
File: BLPROCESSED-IMG_0188.jpg (49KB, 316x400px) Image search: [Google]
BLPROCESSED-IMG_0188.jpg
49KB, 316x400px
>>51441661
>Because GW only produces art of its exacty models these days

That is not true. There is plenty of new art which show characters which have no model. Take this priest for an example. Looks nothing like any priest seen in model form or old artwork.

>>51441720

Yet GW introduces war gear options which do not have models in every new codex. Every relic does not have a model and tones of generic upgrades have no model. Plus, some units like rough riders have no model yet still have rules.

Honestly, I think most of the artists and rulewriters are just lazy. Which is why they don't create new designs and just write the bare-minimum number of wargear options.
>>
>>51441916
Your bonuses are very weak.
>>
>>51440632
Exalted khaldor Draigo champions of Slaneesh part of the chaos triumvirate
>>
>>51441792
Foul play from GW they nerf to the ground Carnifex, removed about 18 options. Increase the point cost, reduce stats.
While their new Molowc MC was pretty much mandatorias for Nids to work.

It would be the equivalente of making the miniature that every army had in numbers, make it shit and unusable. Then sell a new awesome unit that replace the one that GW nerf to the ground

TL:DR GW nerf staple nid unit to sell new model
>>
>>51441691
But anon, Chaos is all about shitty edgefiction nowadays. Didn't you hear about muh first-murder-daemon-sword-that-will-kill-Emperor-for-sure-guys-please-I'm-not-just-a-dude-who's-trying-to-win-for-10000-years-please-take-me-serious.

At least that is what BL suggests. Didn't read the Chaos codex, but I expect it to be equally edgy.
>>
>>51442064
I was thinking about some really edgy stuff,the least edgy being the Gallowers or the Red Brothers, but it makes me cringe.
>>
>>51442083
edgy is fine with chaos, if anything playing up the edge can end up being endearing provided you're tongue and cheek about it
>>
>>51441383
>Guess what the Silent King did? (Source Word of the Silent King). Necron fleet shoot Guass, blackhopes, and stars.
We don't know what hive fleet was he engaging, he could have killed Gorgon for all we know
>Alaitoc utterly destroyed two tendrils of Behemoth (FW book Eldar vs Imperials).
Ultramar was already engaged by then, the eldars were the lucky ones since the bulk of the fleet was engaging the ultramarines
>The Tau destroyed numerous splinters of Behomoth.
>splinters
>worth mentioning
Imperia sectors re expected to beath those when engaged unless it's a main tendril they'll request aid to the guard or marines
>The Ork freebooter fleet took a heavy tool on the Tyranids before the Tyranids reached Ultramar
I won't say anything here because I fuckimg love orkzand wouldn't shit in those little victories they get.
>>
>>51442083
Why not the Hanged?
>>
What start collecting set has the best selection of units?

I like the Dark Eldar and Orks ones but not sure how great they are.
>>
What happened to the old mega link? These new ones seem to be lacking the epubs the old one had.
>>
>>51442230
The dark eldar start collecting box is actually a really good place to start.

I don't know enough about orcs to give an opinion on that one.
>>
>>51442250
Are Dark Eldar fun to play? They seem like they would be.
>>
>>51442259
From what i hear they are fun and challenging to play.
>>
>>51442259
fun, but extremely fragile

40k is generally speaking most fun when you have lots of movement options.
>>
I have a week off work next week and can't decide what army to start collecting someone quick choose!
>>
>>51442181
That sounds good enough desu. Guess I`ll make some greenstuff ropes and use them on my vechicles. Should be easy enough r-right?
>>
>>51442283
What do you like? You`d rather win all the time or have fun? You like following set rules for modelling or doing whatever you want to the models? Tell us something man.
>>
File: IMG_3366.png (3MB, 1197x992px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3366.png
3MB, 1197x992px
>>51442283
Word Bearers.
>>
azardi will read epub on windows
>>
>>51442283
Imperial Knights.
>>
>>51442322
Word bearers it is
Thanks friend
>>
Nids should be a swarmy army with support from larger creatures.

Y/N?
>>
Are souped-up pistols worth it?
>>
>>51442168
>We don't know what hive fleet was he engaging, he could have killed Gorgon for all we know

The closet fleets to the galaxy modt likely and that makes it Behemoth.

>Ultramar was already engaged by then, the eldars were the lucky ones since the bulk of the fleet was engaging the ultramarines

The FW book says nothing about the time or place. Just that the Eldar destroyed two tendrils to protect some maiden worlds.

>Imperia sectors re expected to beath those when engaged unless it's a main tendril they'll request aid to the guard or marines

Nope, splinters can do a lot of damage. For example, the Octarius Empire was brought to its knees by less than a splinter.
>>
Make Nobs relentless, Flashgits are Loota Nobs that form their own unit.
>>
>>51442374
Depends, are you thinking about gangsta tier $200-300 gatz, or actual handguns with accessories? If the former, never. The latter, if you want.

>>
>>51442348
They...are like this anyway, right? At least in the fluff? Lots of Warriors, Gaunts and other stuff who overrun everything with the odd Carnifex, Tyrant and Bio-Titan in the mix to break through the toughest defenses.
Right?
>>
So are Eldar/Dark Eldar/Harlies getting one big unified formation like the Imperium did?
>>
>>51442408
I was more thinking about Plasma Pistols on sergeants/characters.
>>
>>51441464
I could dig it
>>
>>51441939
The entire squad has the same klan marking. So an entire mob of Bad Moons Boyz, Evil Sunz Meganobz (as oxymoronic as that sounds), etc. The "Klan Gear" is for WYSIWYG guidelines about what Klan a unit belongs to.

>>51441963
Free bonuses are free bonuses. Some options are easier to abuse than others of course (+1 BS is almost never not good), but the idea at the time was to tweak core mechanics so certain traits aren't as superfluous (versus WS 2, any WS above 5 is 100% redundant, etc. Versus Tau, your Initiative rating doesn't mean shit, as they don't want to assault you nor do they have attacks that wound vs Initiative, aka Warp Spiders, etc).
>>
File: mfw stalker thread.jpg (123KB, 1200x800px) Image search: [Google]
mfw stalker thread.jpg
123KB, 1200x800px
>>51442408
>laser on my hipoint is worth more than my hi point
>>
>>51442425
usually not worth it
>>
What colour should I paint my dark eldar? I've tried purple, but it's too dark for an entire army.

Something I can do easily (base/wash/drybrush) is ideal.
>>
>>51442487

The future is red for Dark Eldar so I hear
>>
>>51440991
>date rapist stole my stuff

Looks like it's time to call the local mafia & let them know. Pay them a bit to hide the body once you beat the sack of shit into an unrecognizable puddle.
>>
>>51442487
Black with red elements, like helmets, pectorals, shoulders, knees, knuckles, elbows, that kind of things.
>>
>>51442537
It's like the most netorared /TG/ story I have ever heard.
>>
File: 1463867226736.jpg (39KB, 759x653px) Image search: [Google]
1463867226736.jpg
39KB, 759x653px
>>51440991

break into his place and liberate your horde
>>
>>51442569
What the fuck is this gibberish shit you're talking?

It's some Jappy bullshit, isn't it?
>>
>>51442410

Warriors are like sergeants of the army. So the most of it would be made from gaunts and smaller bio forms.
>>
>>51442660
Yes, I learned here, welcome to hell.
>>
>>51442410
>They...are like this anyway, right?

That's how they should work, in theory. In practice, trying to play that way means you lose, horribly. The only way to field a half-decent Tyranid list these days is to build some stupid gimmick list based around spamming flyrants.
>>
File: renegade.jpg (59KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
renegade.jpg
59KB, 800x600px
r8 pls

1850 Renegades of Vraks/Chaos Space Marines

Renegade Command Squad:
Ordnance Tyrant with Covenant of Nurgle: 85

35 Plague Zombies: 105
35 Plague Zombies: 105

2 Strike Battery:Wyverns: 110
2 Strike Battery: Wyverns: 110
3 Heavy Ordnance Battery: earthshakers, militia training, +6 extra crew: 193

3 Leman Russ Exterminators: militia training, multi-melta sponsons, Lascannon: 480
3 Rapier Laser Destroyers: militia training, +3 extra crew: 79
3 Rapier Laser Destroyers: militia training, +3 extra crew: 79

Fortifications: Void Shield Generator 50

Allies: Death Guard Chaos Space Marines

Chaos Lord on bike: MoN, The Black Mace: 145

10 Cultists: MoN: 70

7 Chaos Bikers: MoN, Power Axe, Combi-melta, 2 meltaguns: 237
>>
>>51440991
He probably sold them. Get police involved.
>>
File: 1250 DE choices.png (337KB, 1571x938px) Image search: [Google]
1250 DE choices.png
337KB, 1571x938px
still looking for a recommendation:

If and when I go up to 1250, which one would be better?
>have 2 squads of venom-mounted trueborn flying around
>have 1 squad of venom mounted trueborn, but give the other kabalites twin-linked splinter rifles and the dark lances the trueborn would have had, and deck out the rest of my army
>>
>>51442757
more units is usually going to be better than less, especially in low points
>>
>>51442823
alright, thanks anon
>>
>>51440991
A whole year, in a junkies house.... I hate to break it to you but he's probably sold it cents on the dollar.
>>
>>51442868
Litterally RIP tho but atleast someone got a cool KDK army out of it for cheap. Right?
>>
>>51442868

A fishy story, who would in their right mind would leave such a stash of minis for a year.
If not a lie than it is his fault so i dont feel sorry for it.
>>
>>51441145
Don't forget the time Farsight and his merry band fucked up an entire hive fleet with one virus. That was lulz worthy. Tau losses were so minimal it is considered a great triumph to this day.
>>
>>51442935
>Tyranids repeatedly stated to have near perfect immune systems
>But tau can kill them with a virus
>>
>>51442894
Someone who thought he'd be safe to just go and get them any time. We were friends, or so I thought, for 5 years. I trusted him with my stuff.

The guy isn't anywhere near strapped for cash. He gets his bennies, money off his dad who is loaded and he sells shitty merch on ebay. Plus I know he'd make a pointed effort to rub my face in it if he had sold them. He's that sort of person.

The person speaking of NTR, I'd rather not dwell on that shit. The girl is a dumb cunt for going for him and he's just a worm. They deserve each others misery
>>
>>51442935
>Tau losses were so minimal
They lost the whole planet.
>>
>>51441655
Most loyal Renegade chapter is likely the Relictors.

Declared Excommunicate Traitoris after several time being caught using captured daemon weapons (and not having First founding status to make it a-ok).

Despit their Renegade status they've not resorted to pillaging imperial installations and only fought back enough to cripple the enemy's advance and pursuit when confronted by Imperial authorities.
>>
File: Angron.jpg (217KB, 870x918px) Image search: [Google]
Angron.jpg
217KB, 870x918px
>>51441448
If Angron comes, I will do something that I haven't done in years. Give money to the Jews
>>
>>51442998

Look at this guy - sticking it to the man! He's a real cool guy, he probably doesn't even look at explosions.
>>
>>51442991
I dont know anon the Knights of Blood are pretty loyal also
>>
>>51442991
>Not the Knights of Blood
Out! Daemon weapons are strictly prohibited!
>>
>>51442958

Of course they did.

Tau is also the faction where one of their cities was destroyed and looted by an Ork in a paragraph long piece of fluff in the Ork codex.

Well holy fucking shit, those Riptide wing owning, Stormsurge prostate massagers screamed in autistic fury when they found the Orks won a victory against the Tau in a small paragraph in the Ork Codex

So in the next Tau release the mighty Farsight found this Ork and utterly eradicated him and his Klan, so much so keeping the Orks ashes as a victory trophy.

How DARE those Ork player scum have a minor paragraph long victory against the might of the Tau Empire in their own codex, how dare the Tau lose a single engagement against the Greenskins, how dare the Ork players have this victory.

The Tau players were so giddy they all ran out and bought another Stormsurge and two Riptides.
>>
>>51441543
>using terms like shitmar
serious shitposting is shitposter shitposting
fucking stop
>>
>>51441543

why are 40k players so booty blasted by Age of Sigmar?
>>
>>51443023
>Well holy fucking shit, those Riptide wing owning, Stormsurge prostate massagers screamed in autistic fury when they found the Orks won a victory against the Tau
????

You mean the story where some kommandos tricked them in to letting them board their ship?
>>
>>51442977
525.997.M41 - Defense of the Farsight Enclaves
The Tyranids of Hive Fleet Kraken penetrate the boundaries of the Farsight Enclaves. War is joined against the Tyranids on Vior’los, the most populous of the Enclave sept worlds. For six weeks, Kor’o Tinek’la Kai engages the splinter fleet in space, masterfully destroying three of the Tyranid's four bio-ship clusters. Unfortunately, the fourth cluster avoids interception and enter orbit over Vior'los. Soon thereafter, the planet erupts with the tyranid's infamous pre-invasion corruption.

Sensing the danger his world is in, Commander Farsight comes out of exile to lead the defense. He and his elite force of eighty Crisis Battlesuits teams, dubbed the "Shining Spear," fight a series of desperate hit-and-run attacks against the attackers, attempting to decimate the Tyranids wherever they strike.2 Unfortunately, he quickly learns that his favored Mont’ka tactics prove largely ineffective against the Tyranid hordes –- their leader figures are so common as to render the strategy moot. The Earth caste scientist O’Vesa persuades Farsight to try a Kauyon approach, and Farsight reluctantly agrees. Vior'los is evacuated, while Farsight and his seven most trusted commanders buy time for the Earth caste research facility of Fio’ro’tl to develop a bio-toxin to kills the entire splinter fleet. Present are Shas'el Torchstar and Shas’O Varg’ha, who pilots one of the Riptides found aboard the Vision of Aun'shi.

For a week, the defenders of Fio’ro’tl are undetected, but on the eighth day thousands of Tyranids descend on the research station. Only O'Varg'ha falls in the ensuing battle, but the remaining Earth caste scientists opt to say, injecting themselves with the toxin and then allowing themselves to be consumed. Designed to be time-delayed, the poison takes effect only after it has been absorbed by the orbiting bio-ships, and the destruction of the splinter fleet is absolute.
>>
>>51443023
Show me were on the doll the Tau touched you to make you this autistic.
>>
>>51443054
Reminder that tyranids are immune to poison
>>
>>51443079

>Tau players are autistic

>nuh uh, you're autistic

nice comeback, faggot.
>>
>>51443083

Thank goodness they're not in the game.
>>
>>51443035
Because most of us don't like the rules it's based on, and are worried about 40k being changed to be more like it.
>>
>>51443041
>the story where some kommandos stole access codes and a tau tranport, tricking the tau defenders them in to letting them board their orbital weapon platform glassing the planet beneath.?

Yes.
>>
>>51443092
They used to be.
>>
File: 1459347590981.png (1MB, 876x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1459347590981.png
1MB, 876x1200px
>>51443035
AoS is the retarded offsping of WHFB.

40K already being dumbed down severely would not survive a similar process.

>>51443095
>>
>>51441678
>48 ice skaters
How's it like to have such a shitty taste?
>>
>>51443108
I mean we used to have a lot of things. We cant be held up by the past we must move unto the cruddace era and beyond
>>
File: common mistake for beginners.png (140KB, 354x378px) Image search: [Google]
common mistake for beginners.png
140KB, 354x378px
>>51442973

Trust no one. Always stay in a healty scepticism level and know that when the tables have turned most people will sell you out very quickly.
>>
Do you think the world will explode with autism if I use 30k models in 40k?
>>
>>51442033
This.
>>
>>51443023
>>51443041
That makes me think, why dont Tau have slave Orks?

They're all about showing mercy to the defeated and shit, it seems to me they would try to weaponize the Orks while carefully culling them so they don't get out of control.
Their lore just seems to say "but they decided they were too hostile and destroyed them".
>>
>>51443132
No, plenty of people do so already. Just be clear about what's being used to represent what if it isn't obvious.
>>
File: 1465854539689.png (841KB, 578x906px) Image search: [Google]
1465854539689.png
841KB, 578x906px
>>51443035

I like how the original comment took a swipe at aos offhandly and yet there are a dozen schmucks from /aosg/ losing their shit at the same time they declare 'they are not mad'
>>
>>51443108

Do you remember when (I ask not to be combative I just don't remember) - I also didn't play with much poison pre 5th.

>>51443095

I have some faith that in the Rountree era they understand just how damaging it would be to do it to 40k.

>>51443120

That's from a very specific getting started box that was designed to be sold at toy stores and to make getting into the game easier. They've not done anything similar since the release of Vedross.
>>
>>51441792
It went from a universal butcher to a can-opener, which loses horribly to Dreadnoughts and their ilk
>>
>>51440760
>So why should Orks have to follow this arbitrary restriction that no other codex follows?

At the moment thats kind of orks thing.
>>
>>51443121
You need 8 for a minimum sizes unit in KDK. 5 in CSM, so like 40 for a decent thousand points of World Eater berzerker blob.

If you mean the model and not just the number, I love the lore behind zerkers, Angron, Kharn and the like. Sue me
>>
>>51443054
Hoooooly fuck. This is the worst misrepresentation of Tyranids I've ever seen. Chambers would puke in disgust. When are these shitty writers going to be put down?
>>
>>51443152
>Do you remember when
The original Tyranid codex for second edition.
>>
>>51440892
>orks need codex buffs

This is very true the issues with orks are from the base codex, cant polish a turd and all that.
>>
>>51443152
>didn't play with much poison pre 5th
Poison wasn't much of a thing in 3rd and 4th.
>>
File: 1460127548005.jpg (81KB, 680x807px) Image search: [Google]
1460127548005.jpg
81KB, 680x807px
>>51443026
>>using terms like shitmar
>getting triggered because someone doesn't like Skub: The Wargame

can't tell if redshirt or one of the AoS general posters that also likes to shit things up in the WFBG.
>>
>>51443183

>these are the guys who are moving the setting forward

really makes you think
>>
>>51443142
Because Orks don't work in captivity.

Any task will be ignored, any tool will be used as improvised weapon or scavenged by a mek and prisoners/guards of any other species will be eaten.

And given enough time they will grow big and angry enough to bust out of anywhere.

TLDR: Not worth the headache.

Grots might be co-opted.. initially, until they without fail turn on their benefactors.

Oh also, greenskins sowing spores everywhere .
>>
>>51443213
I don't know, I think Kelly is the one in charge of all the writing lately, and one thing I can say is that Kelly doesn't butcher his nid fluff like making BIOSHIPS vulnerable to a little bit of fucking biotoxin.
>>
>>51441373
>You do know that the nids are not a threat in space?

You do know nids are nasty as all get out in space right?

Theyre pretty much top tier as far as space presence goes.
>>
>>51443008
Wow, you sure showed me... I'm off to buy more Tyranids so that the next cruddex will be even worse than the one we have now
>>
>>51443230
But anon is was engineered to kill nids :^)
>>
>>51443087
Farsight has been slayin orks long before the Stormsurge was ever a thing, and the most recent Farsight Enclaves release is almost an exact text copypaste of the previous.

So either the Ork in question has been dead for years or your view of the facts are somewhat...skewed.

Orks cry about every goddamned thing, and Sisters get jobbed by their own allies. Every codex jobs every other faction. Nids eat everything, until they get into another dex. Space Marines never lose, until they get into another dex. Orks loot everything, until they get into another dex.

Even the Tau get fucked in other dexes, too.

Tau players being butt-blasted about fluff, yeah, there's probably some five year olds. But's so fuckin crazy how many Raven and Scarfags actually flipped shit about Kauyon, and yet, once again Tau fans, not the fucking shitmonk author Phil Kelly, is to blame.

Every fucking loves him when he writes Farsight, until they read the shit and lol360noscope comes up. Once again, Fucking Taufags.

Fuck you, man. I signed on for oldfluff Federation Tau. I can live with more robots, but big stompy mechs is the Imperium's bag. I don't like 6th and 7th Tau writing any more than you.

So tell me again how Taufags SOBBED LOUDLY AND HYSTERICALLY ABOUT AN INSIGNIFICANT PASSAGE IN ANOTHER CODEX AND ALTERED THE WRITING OF THE NEW ONE TO COMPENSATE.

Because you're clearly so salty you've changed the flavor of your own experiences to match.
>>
>>51443194

Gotcha - that would explain why I don't remember. I started right at the dawn on 3rd.

>>51443208

I recall it being a few specialty weapons and that's about it. I think Haemonculi had a few options back in the old 3rd edition book.

>>51443240

Mostly just messing with ya bud. Take a deep breath, remember these are toy army men we're playing with.
>>
>>51443254
Anon this game is super serious and competitive i will have no talk of them just being man dollies here
>>
>>51443152
>Do you remember when (I ask not to be combative I just don't remember) - I also didn't play with much poison pre 5th.
In 2nd ed when rules were actually written to be cool and fluffy and make sense.

Tyranids were immune to poison, immune to blind due to special secondary eyelids, immune to psychotroke grenades/fear gas and that kind of shit and would still fight normally while set on fire because they're fearless emotionless suicidal killing machines.

2nd ed was a glorious fucking time.
>>
>>51443230
Kelly wrote that. Kelly has been in charge of Farsight for a while, and was recently placed in overall charge of Tau writing.
>>
>>51443221
Basically this. Orks are lazy and have short attention spans when it comes to issues other than fighting (or their specific tasks in the case of meks, doks, etc). That's what they have Grots for. I think the only faction which is able to reliably enslave Greenskins are the Dark Eldar.
>>
>>51443243
Why is taufluff the most utterly retarded and atrocious in the whole setting, seriously.
>>
>>51443247
>lol360noscope
god almighty, I remember when that was brought up in a thread and it devolved into one of the biggest shitfests I've yet to see on /tg/.

I remember it being summed up as:
>one taufag asks about any information related to tau showing honor to opponents
>anon delivers
>some marinefag goes so apeshit 300 posts later the shitstorm is still going on
>>
>>51443271
I want to see proof, I seriously doubt the same guy wrote that tripe who wrote the incredible 4th ed book.
>>
>>51442757
Kabalites with dark lance are useless, theyll snap shoot if the venon moves.
>>
>>51443281
>I think the only faction which is able to reliably enslave Greenskins are the Dark Eldar.

And even then they dont' expect them to work, but rather act as pitslaves.
>>
>>51443180
But you went and bought the official 'zerkers models? You could have done anything else and be better off. Hell, you could have even bought those horrible AoS models...
>>
>>51443262
Tyranids were of course. not actually very competitive because any random space marine or eldar character could rape your entire army to death and tyranids had no characters of their own.

But that was 2nd editions major overall problem, other than that the Tyranid codex was very good.

The second edition codex and Hive War should be considered the old testament of the Tyranid bible.
>>
File: 1475366224836.jpg (99KB, 720x516px) Image search: [Google]
1475366224836.jpg
99KB, 720x516px
Hey, you wanna talk about shitmar go to shitmar thread. This is 40k thread we talk 40k.
>>
>>51443221
Necrons and Dark Eldar have enslaved Orks.
>>
>>51443313
Hell just zerker heads and axes on the DV marines.
>>
If I mixed a "Start Collecting Eldar" and "Start Collecting Dark Eldar" would that make a good starting force? Would it even work?
>>
>>51443334
>Necrons enslaving orks
now that is funny
>>
>>51443336
Not really, you'd have two formation, but not enough troops to runs the two as CAD's
>>
>>51440895
Underrated
>>
>>51443322
I was too young back in those days to really worry about competitive scenes but a Lictor with a voltage field biomorph yanking characters into a big group hug of WS 7 S6 4 attack genestealers was how I used to fight my opponents Terminator Wolf Lords.
>>
>>51443336
I think you would need to add the armoured assault box from Eldar and throw in a Deldar HQ in order to get enough to work with.
>>
>>51440727

you can take all three with no problems as HQ for Astra Militarum.
>>
File: 1456585493898.png (920KB, 786x709px) Image search: [Google]
1456585493898.png
920KB, 786x709px
Anyone know where that chainsword is from or if it's a custom job?
>>
>>51443408
bring back lictor yanking
>>
>>51443429

>Make a chainsword
>Close the top of it and repalce it with a standart sword edge

Why did they even bother? Highly doubt it is an official piece
>>
>>51443429
raptors
>>
>>51443429
The Raptor kit if I'm not mistaking
>>
>>51443457
>>51443461
Oh, neat, so there is at least one redeeming feature to the Raptor revamp.
>>
File: Hello darkness my old friend.jpg (115KB, 1234x496px) Image search: [Google]
Hello darkness my old friend.jpg
115KB, 1234x496px
>>51443054
Remember when Tyranids didn't care about Nurgles toxins and viruses? Not even a bugfag, but this is beyond mary sue.
>>
>>51443461
you're correct
>>
>>51443436
Literally. Do it yesterday GW.

If the next Codex does not bring back the bullet-dodging, invisible-hiding, flesh-hook-scorpion-grabbing GET OVER HERE, deadly venomous murderhouse Lictors that I've been waiting for for almost 20 years I will hunt the man responsible for that oversight down and feed him to a tank full of centipedes.
>>
>>51443468
raptor kit's solid, the only real problem with it is it only comes with one of each special weapon
>>
File: IMG_3378.jpg (66KB, 500x359px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3378.jpg
66KB, 500x359px
>>51443468
>not the epic bits that you can use from the Warp Talons side of the box
Just look at those lightning claws and wings. Totally gonna put a set of wings on my Raptor Champion and give him a LC.

>>51443493
That's a problem with almost every kit.
>>
>>51443493
Most of the criticism of the raptor kit is that it looks shitty compared to the old one despite having better technical design quality. The artistic side and style suffered a big drop.
>>
>>51443490
>there's a lictor HQ choice
>Hes T4 and can't even yank
>>
>>51443493
>the only real problem with it is it only comes with one of each special weapon
And no foot talons, just retarded spikes on the boots
>>
I recently bought Mechanicus Starting Box with hard conviction that I will never ever play the game and that I am interested only in modeling and painting.

This conviction tanked hard after assembling and painting first ranger. So I started to think about army, something between 1000 and 2000 pts.

I do know some rules about actual playing (mostly from seeing people playing) but I can't get my head around this:
Formation Dominus Maniple includes Tech-priest, rangers/vanguard and dunecrawler. Since they are from different armies, does that mean that they should be in different detachments? Like Tech Priest and Dunecrawler are in primary mechanicus and rangers belong to allied detachment of skitarii?

Also I think that skitarii do not require HQ in their detachment? Is that true, if so, from where?

And one last: since Dominus is my HQ, do I have to take one of Kataphrons, since they are only mechanicus troops?
>>
>>51443516
It's so disgusting. Cruddace is a wretched cunt.

I personally know that fixing Lictors was one of the things that playtesters of his 5th ed Codex SPECIFICALLY asked him for, insistently, offering a lot of ideas and suggestions for cool ways to do it, and he just completely didn't care and said "nah how about tyranid players just fuck themselves instead, here's a 160 point stat-nerfed carnifex with no options".
>>
>>51443521
Foot talons and stupid wispy fart trails are things I'm glad are dead and buried.

cleats > claws
>>
File: 1484181287945.png (792KB, 495x800px) Image search: [Google]
1484181287945.png
792KB, 495x800px
>>51443493
I preferred the old foot-talon and swept thruster type, though they could do with some extra details.

But ti might just be nostalgis over getting rid of the bat-winged scarecrows.
>>
>>51443516
>get into combat with a space marine character
>don't kill it because gay 7E to hit chart and armor saves
>he has a power fist and 1 hit kills your 130 point anti-character super assasin model
>>
>>51443533
A Formation IS a Detachment.

Read the rulebook before you ask a bunch of dumb questions, please. Unlike a lot of the crappy and ambiguous rules writing in 40k, the section on building an army is laid out in complete perfect detail.
>>
am I getting this right?

A stalker can either twin link 3 s7 ap4 shots at 1 target

or

fire 3 s7ap4 shots at 2 targets

if I'm firing at ground units this also applies?
>>
File: untitledt.png (1MB, 760x771px) Image search: [Google]
untitledt.png
1MB, 760x771px
>>51443557
>hating the old raptors
>>
>>51443578
Yes.

Good concept but executed terribly.
>>
>>51443578
how did they even fly
>>
File: 2099.jpg (60KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
2099.jpg
60KB, 600x400px
>>51443589
>>
>>51443569
Sure, just snap firing as ground.
>>
>>51443516
It'd be really neat if Lictors got that back. Give them a precision shot shooting attack that lets them pull an model 1 inch away from them if it hits, preventing over watch as they can then charge in and kill the lone model while the rest of the squad struggles to get close with 3" pile in moves. Then they have plenty of time to hit and run out or finish off the rest of the squad trying to chase their dead comrade. Assuming of course that the player doesn't have them fall back, only for the thing to run them all down.
>>
File: angry.gif (79KB, 256x192px) Image search: [Google]
angry.gif
79KB, 256x192px
>>51443589
hate
>>
>>51443589
the vanes are trusters.
>>
>>51443284
I'm sorry the Tau (and Necrons) can science the shit out of things and got a doctorate in science where as the rest of the universe are kicking around bachelors or arts kek.
>>
>>51443293
Well Tau Titans can 360 no scope. While Imperial Titans can only shoot 90.
>>
>>51443610
They need so many fixes honestly. That's a big start, but they also need their Toughness 5 back, their invuln dodge save, their poison tail stinger, feeder tendrils giving preferred enemy again, something better than just fucking Stealth for their sneakiness (Ork Kommandos have stealth for fuck's sake, Lictors should be Culexus-tier invisible) and for all that is fucking holy their ambush should not be a DEEP STRIKE they lie in wait for DAYS for the right time to attack how the FUCK do they not immediately assault????
>>
>>51443548
I'm sorry that a bird of prey molested you when you were a kid, but you need to move on, anon
>>
>>51443661
They really need to give a lot more of these things that can basically dodge bullets an Invuln save, at the very least when within 12".

Make it like the Callidus, could even go for snap shots on the first turn it's on.

Wyches could use a similar thing, if toned down.
>>
>>51443661
Is it's just the character Lictor that make all enemies snap?
>>
>>51443671
It's okay a football player came by and stamped it into red paste shortly afterwards. I took it as a sign that 2nd gen raptors suck and 3rd gen raptors rock.
>>
>>51443621
>science the shit out of things
>lel if we inject this time-delayed poison into our bodies surely it will take effect after going through the most inimical digestive process known to biology in the entire universe and then into the miles-long composite space monster-colony full of metabolic redundancies, back-up measures and isolated stomachs, that eats deadly space radiation for breakfast and reverse engineers world-killing viruses in hours on a slow day, and that will definitely wipe them all out
>>
help me understand this right so a castellans of the imperium detachment i can put a retributor squad in a drop pod with no worries of ally nonsense since they're both in the same detachment or are they still different armies?

also do LS storms still have that "only SM scouts" thing cause i really want to put scions on them
>>
>>51443566
I have the rulebook right here. My question arose from this line:
>Unless stated otherwise, each unit maintains its normal battlefield role when taken as part of formation.

But the first line is saying that formation truly is detachment of its own, and I am indeed dumb.

Also this makes a lot more sense.
>>
File: IMG_3700.jpg (18KB, 696x126px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3700.jpg
18KB, 696x126px
>>51443725

It doesn't mention detachments at all.
>>
Any way to get a better price than 90 dollars on a year of white dwarf?
>>
>>51443725
They're still different Factions regardless of the fact that they're in the same Detachment, so no. No drop pod rentals.
>>
>>51443695
Yes.
>>
>>51443312
They did actually.

One Archon enslaved an entire clan because only they were resistant enough to work in the poisonous atmosphere is part of the dark city was.
Even better he had them build a "beautiful statue" of him, in his honour. I can only image what the end result of the Orks work was.
>>
>>51443695
Yep, just death leaper.

Also it's not even that good since it's a T4 unit with 5+ armor. 3 hits from basically anything will kill a lictor.
>>
>>51443436
Oldschool flesh hooks would be sweet.
>>
>>51443786
I take it you're alluding to the Total WarHammer orcs habit of erecting troll statues made entirely of dung in enemy cities?
>>
>>51443756
>>51443753
Thanks anons
>>
>>51443786
>he had them build a "beautiful statue" of him, in his honour.

I love Dark Eldar. Saturday morning cartoon villians.
>>
>tfw I know I'm going to buy a new Ghazghkull model the moment it gets released if its Daemon Prince / Hive Tyrant size
>>
>>51440609
>>51444179
>>51444179
>>51444179
>>
File: nidscuckedbytauscience.jpg (614KB, 1122x1552px) Image search: [Google]
nidscuckedbytauscience.jpg
614KB, 1122x1552px
>>51443306
>>
>>51443120
you stupid nigger thats from the fucking toystore kit, of course it's dumbed down you mongoloid
Thread posts: 409
Thread images: 47

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.