[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Lost Chronicles- A Bionicle RPG

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 5

File: belowaveragememe.png (814KB, 1280x831px) Image search: [Google]
belowaveragememe.png
814KB, 1280x831px
Well /tg/, any thoughts? Anyone use this system before? I'm thinking about running a campaign with a couple of friends, any tips?
Also, general Bionicle lore/discussion thread.

Rulebook: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/213422500/Bionicle%20RPG%20Lost%20Chronicles.pdf

Bestiary:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/213422500/Bionicle%20RPG%20Bestiary.pdf

Source for this stuff: http://board.ttvchannel.com/t/lost-chronicles-a-tabletop-rpg-homebrew/8765
>>
>>51437980
Ive never played this in particular, but it is based off the WRP system, which is pretty good, desu. I dont like how closely matoran and toa stats edge it, though.
>>
>>51438469
It also seems like there's no actual rules for a lot of the vehicles, and some of the feats seem obtuse/counter-intuitive to use together. It's apparently still a work in progress.
>>
>>51437980
Are kaitas available?
>>
>>51441541
Yes, but the ruling is a little weird. The system uses something similar to Destiny points from Star Wars:Edge of the Empire, where PC's start with a limited number of Unity, Duty, and Destiny points. PC's can use Unity points to form a Kaita/Nui, but the only effect this seems to have is increasing the Profile/Size of the 2 characters to massive. There isn't any listing of further statting or abilities of a Kaita, which is a shame.
>>
File: Takutanuvamol.png (99KB, 400x244px) Image search: [Google]
Takutanuvamol.png
99KB, 400x244px
>>51442648
Can I create the takutanuva?
>>
>>51437980
>Bestiary
A: Bionicles are fucking cool
B: So long as you aren't being a normie and summing the stories up as "Good vs Evil" . Goddamn they are so fucking convoluted and confusing... And you kinda need to KNOW something about them to understand some of the preestablished monsters.
>>
File: Toa_Mata.jpg (151KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
Toa_Mata.jpg
151KB, 1024x768px
>>51443075
What made boncles lore so interesting and unique?
Inspiration being the Ocenic culture? Just the fact they are basically painkillers?
>>
>>51443380
It's a weird mish-mash of stuff. Makuta Teridax is basically Lucifer from Paradise Lost by way of cyborgs.
>>
File: Bionicle Lore.jpg (118KB, 520x320px) Image search: [Google]
Bionicle Lore.jpg
118KB, 520x320px
>>51443380

It was a weird blend of tropes and concepts which no one really conveyed in quite this way before.

For me, I found the early stuff far more appealing. I liked the mix of used-future sci fi with the Oceanic fantasy elements. They married this stuff really well, creating a distinctive and fun personality to the whole thing.

The franchise started losing me as it went on though. Partially because I was outgrowing Legos and partially because I just wasn't into how it was going full science fantasy.
>>
Everything kinda went out the window when Mata'nui was thrown out of his body.
>>
File: 250px-Mata_Nui_Comic.png (202KB, 250x360px) Image search: [Google]
250px-Mata_Nui_Comic.png
202KB, 250x360px
>>51443622
>G2.
>No mata nui.
>Only ekimu.
>Watch JTO.
>He's short then tall then short again.
>Tfw he will never do THIS.
>>
>>51443622
By which you mean, once they lost that A+ aesthetic and went to Metru Nui
>>
>>51443380
At the time Lego was in serious financial difficulty and had already made multiple failed attempts at breaking into the Action Figure market, so they were willing to take a risk on something weird.

The medicine thing was deliberate as Christian Faber, one of the lead designers, had an ilness right before they started work. If you want a look into Bionicle's development check out his Blog, Faber Files.
>>
>>51444735
Not just an illness, he has inoperable brain cancer

Didn't realize that this project actually went anywhere. I was part of the project during it's inception, and set up the framework for the Unity, Duty, Destiny points (which I originally designed off of the Star Wars Saga system, not EotE), as well as some other small details. Seems that the project developed a lot more after I left. Pretty interesting
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.