[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Gladiator Combat

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: 67662.jpg (537KB, 1440x900px) Image search: [Google]
67662.jpg
537KB, 1440x900px
Whats a good system to run gladiator combat in? One that's got some variety and strategy but isn't so complex or big it scares my players away from having a night of bloodsports.
>>
There was actually a Dragon Magazine article on how to run a Gladitorial campaign in D&D. It was pretty impressive, including a lot of historical options including feats and optional new uses of skills (like performing weapon routines to get the crowd amped up), but it also gave the fair warning that spellcasters really upset the idea because they would be able to prepare their spells for the day specifically for opponents and their schedule.

I'm gonna see if I can find the PDF in the archive.
>>
>>51437906

GURPS
>>
File: 1448144794951.pdf (1B, 486x500px)
1448144794951.pdf
1B, 486x500px
>>51438007
>>
>>51438118
Neat, thanks.

>>51438009
Is there a specific splatbook for that? Probably, gurps has splatbooks for fucking everything
>>
>>51438202
Martial Arts - Gladiators. I'm not sure how it stands on its own without reading the main Martial Arts book, though.
And then Low-Tech likely has all the gear you could ever want.
>>
I reckon that nearly any primarily cinematic system would work.
>>
Strike!

Made for squad sized tactics, which gladiator fights are. Also simple as a stick.
>>
There's a Savage Worlds book for gladiatorial games called Gladiators of the Dominion.
'The Season of Blood appendix even lets you run a league of gladiator fights in the arena without the need for a GM'.
>>
>>51440416
>Strike!
do you have a pdf?
>>
>>51445948
sendspace.com/file/2fuwd4
>>
>>51446430
Combat system starts at around 85, probably best to read that first and then read the beginning pages for non-combat skills and stuff.
>>
>>51440416
surprised that the regular guy hasn't responded.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.