[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How viable would a Dishonored campaign be?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: Dishonored_(Corvo).jpg (483KB, 1680x1050px) Image search: [Google]
Dishonored_(Corvo).jpg
483KB, 1680x1050px
How viable would a Dishonored campaign be?
>>
>>51433394
The answer to "How viable would a [insert video game here] campaign be?" is pretty much always "Not at all."
>>
>>51433394
It can be done. Dishonored has a cool setting and while I doubt a 1 to 1 conversion of gameplay mechanics could be done well in tabletop there's room for more as a the idea of a team supernatural people who sneak into places has plenty of potential in it.
>>
Blades in the Dark is basically this.
>>
Eh. I'd play it.
>>
>>51433423
>what is Shadowrun Returns
>what is Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines

If tabletops can be transferred to the video game medium on a regular basis, why can't a game with a sufficiently interesting setting do the reverse?
>>
File: BitD-logo.jpg (123KB, 2000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
BitD-logo.jpg
123KB, 2000x1000px
>>51433394
>>51433484
Quite viable

though to be fair, Dishonored is only one influence, along with Thief and maybe a wee bit of China Mieville
>>
>>51433394
I didn't even know I wanted this until now.
>>
>>51433394
If everyone is playing Outsider-Marked, you either need a damn good story, or you run into the Doctor Who RPG problem where one character is the main character and everyone else is his sidekicks (IE, Daud and the Whalers). If no one is Marked, the story issues become vastly simpler. But it'd be an interesting setting, nonetheless.
>>
>>51434959
How about you all play as Whalers (or similar acolytes of a marked individual)?
>>
>>51434959
Different marked people have different powers, so how about have one or two Marked who have exclusively support abilities?
Not in the Mark transfer shit Daud and Delilah have, but very situational stuff that only works in conjunction with the rest of the team?

The Whisper class in >>51433989, isn't applicable to a straight Dishonored setting (consorting with spirits and demons), but can conjure minor weather effects like fog, to provide an example.
Maybe you could even work in the ghost stuff in a manner similar to the heart, but slightly more useful?
It'd need a lot of work though
>>
>>51434959
I've actually been working on a Savage Worlds conversion for Dishonored for a while now. For people with powers, there's Arcane Background (Outsider's Mark). SW is great about balancing people with powers against people without them, mainly by virtue of powers being a thing you have to sink advancement into if you want to be good at them, while everyone else can just spend their advancement on being awesome at other stuff. The fact that every person the Outsider touches gets different powers makes for great power/trapping combinations.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.