[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/40kg/ Warhammer 40k General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 482
Thread images: 54

File: maxresdefault.jpg (315KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
315KB, 1920x1080px
NO SHITPOSTING ALPHARIUS EDITION

I RLLY LIKE ALPHA LEGION AS YOU CAN TELL SUB EDITION

I really love you guys, even when you're all arguing sub-sub edition

Previous shitstorm >>51426307

>THIS IS THE ROSTER CREATOR. ITS IN THE OP FOR A REASON YOU HOMOS STOP ASKING FOR IT REEEEEEE
https://webapplications-webroster.rhcloud.com/rc/web/#/rosterCreator

>Rules and such. Use Readium for epubs. Sorry, it's shit but it'll read 3s.
https://mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
https://mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ

>FAQs and errata
https://www.games-workshop.com/en-JP/Rules-Errata

>40K 7th Edition Quick Reference Sheets:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef.pdf

>Forge World Book Index:
http://www.dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index

>The Black Library (Beware of Alpharius)
https://mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q
>>
>>51430495
First for alpharius
>>
fucking fag
Love you to babe
>>
File: 1410730251721.jpg (83KB, 400x489px) Image search: [Google]
1410730251721.jpg
83KB, 400x489px
>>51430495
First for degenerate brood breeders.
>>
Is a hive tyrant with just a bonesword good?
>>
File: IMG_2148.jpg (270KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2148.jpg
270KB, 1600x900px
5th for dangles
>>
>>51430658
Dangles need to stop team killing other heretics
>>
Who is next after the Eldar book?
>>
>>51430686
Tau or Marines
>>
>>51430679
Looks to me like he's covering that beserker to me.

>gun pointed up and away
>sword pointing out a survivor on the ground
>clearly looking behind the beserker for a new target
>>
>>51430704

>Source: YOUR ASS
>>
File: 2aae3adb44cbf0b7538c755c0d1c4412.jpg (445KB, 1288x885px) Image search: [Google]
2aae3adb44cbf0b7538c755c0d1c4412.jpg
445KB, 1288x885px
This thread is being analysed by the Biologis. Please present any interesting Xenos, mutant or mechanical specimens for study.

(Anyone built, converted or come up with anything cool recently? Not had the chance to hobby much recently but I'll have some spare time in a couple weeks, hopefully.
Planning out a Genetor army using Admech and Skaven kits with Tyranid, Dark Eldar and Crypt Ghoul/horror parts thrown in. Going to have enough spares to make some Praetorian servitorgryn bodyguard for my Dominus/Cawl when I eventually pick him up, probably using the Custodes rules.)
>>
>>51430686
Chaos probably. calling now: Abbadon, Fabius Bile and Typhus maybe Lucius.
>>
>>51430717
>just a berzerker
>azrael kicking kharns ass
>>
>>51430718
i mean if you wanted a real answer you should wait till this book comes out
>>
>>51430722
I'm planning on building a nid with 8 limbs at some point
>>
File: 1465410036594.jpg (123KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
1465410036594.jpg
123KB, 1024x768px
>>51430732

>implying we aren't going to get more shitty OC Donut steal
>>
>>51430732
Cant wait for the butt hurt when they make a Khayon model.
>>
>>51430760
We'd either get continuation of the story after first two books, or another book about faction dealing with Chaos.

Former seems way more likely, although you could have Necrons vs Chaos i guess.
>>
So is there any better Demagouge devotion for an ex-Imperial Guard commander than Bloody Handed Reaver or Master of the horde? I dont feel like getting hotshots and carapace for ALL MY FUCKING VETS and master of the horde makes it seems like they are a bunch of untrained rabble, while I want to make them like an elite fighting force, something like Blood Pact. I plan on using one platoon and quite a lot of vets in chimeras, the rest being ethier wyverns or basilisks and some tanks.
>>
>>51430695
>If you want them to have the amount of exposure that other factions have, then yeah they do need more.
Instead of giving them a Kerrigan, you can just change the lore slightly.

For example, instead of all Tyranid being connected, each Hive Fleet is now its own being. Then start a civil war. Hive Fleets competing over resources. Hive Fleets cannibalizing each other. Hive Fleets interfering with each other's battles to consume as much as possible.

Then you can have a reason for the Tyranid to actually ally with another faction. They can act as mercenaries in a sense for the more welcoming factions like Tau, since an alliance gives them an edge over other Hive Fleets. There's plenty of room for betrayal and tragedy there.
>>
File: My Disgust.jpg (54KB, 453x439px) Image search: [Google]
My Disgust.jpg
54KB, 453x439px
>>51430748

>going against the 6 appendage theme
>>
>>51430775
You take a lot about khayon but know nothing about him. He is blind, surgically stripped of his powers, and locked inside a cell in Terra.

He ain't going anywhere.
>>
>>51430835
Hive Fleets already sort of operate like that, minus the mercenaries part. That sounds kind of dumb.

More key I think is to have each Hive fleet be viewed in a similar way to a Chaos god, in the sense that Genestealer cultists will praise them in different ways and preach slightly differently, while the fleets themselves are defined more by what an outside observer views their behavior as.
>>
>>51430817
Bloody-handed Reaver is supposed to represent renegade guardsmen recently fallen to chaos. It's the most "elite" you'll get your renegades. Really, the army list is designed to be a bunch of untrained rabble; an elite chaos force would probably done much better using counts-as.
>>
>>51430722
I'm doing a pretty simple conversion for a Daemon Prince I just got, basically just swapping out the head for one from a Talos Pain engine in order to give him a sort of knightly-looking helmet, along with the various power armor pieces. Probably going to try and mock up a wrist sonic blaster for him to use that relic as well.
>>
>>51430903
Oh. Feels bad man, I just wanted to use my normal guard models, not goddamn scions. Maybe not elite, guard tier, but all the other devotions seem to make them look like a bunch of untrained pansies.
>>
>>51430889
I don't mean literally mercenaries, like a Termagant brokering out a deal in some council room. Just that, logically speaking, if you have the Tau or Chaos or Dark Eldar supporting your war, you'll have much more to consume, especially when the alternative is dying or getting eaten by a bigger Hive Fleet. And then when it's over, they can eat their allies too.
>>
File: IMG_3372.jpg (33KB, 250x345px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3372.jpg
33KB, 250x345px
What chaoter tactic should I use for Marines Malevolent?
>>
>>51430935
Hmm...I see what you mean.

I feel like part of this might be solved by putting in stranger hive fleet behavior when they're on the verge of extinction. Rather than just rush forward endlessly, some might flee rather than die, and then be forced to get creative.

That could range to allowing Genestealer cults to flourish even more heavily and outright not-eating them so they can have a mouthpiece to help their spread, or just having bizarre tactics that Tyranids don't normally do, like exclusively attacking ships like raiders or pirates.
>>
>>51430151

If you want them to have the amount of exposure that other factions have, then yeah they do need more.

Look at how many different dynamics you can have in a Chaos vs X story, or Eldar vs X, then compare it to Tyranids vs anything. In a Chaos story you can have betrayals, face-turns/redemption arcs, personal vendetta's and revenge plots, falls from grace, Greek tradgedies etc.

And then Tyranids. There can never be character drama or development in a Tyranid story, because there are no characters. They can't ever be anything more than a faceless swarm of NPC's.

A d I mean if you like that then cool- I like 'nids. I'm just explaining to the anons from before why 'nids will never be allowed to have any real spotlight in the overall 40k universe.
>>
>>51430935
>termagant brokering out a deal
You could of at least gone with a tervigon or a Hive Tyrant man. It's is still not a well thought idea IMO you then come to the terms where everything is still CTA because no one wants to be allies with a race of carnivorous aliens who could possibly turn on them and eat them at any moment.
>>
>>51430978
Iron hands.
>>
File: Imperial Fists Armored List.jpg (178KB, 900x935px) Image search: [Google]
Imperial Fists Armored List.jpg
178KB, 900x935px
Trying to make an armored list for my fists.

Im mostly deciding about the razorback weapons (are asscans a good choice? ) and the tank choices.
>>
>>51430933
You don't need to take a devotion for your demagouge. To represent well-trained, you could take arch-heretic revolutionary to fix most of the Ld problems so they seem like a disciplined force.
>>
>>51430978
>chaoter
I have no idea why this is bugging me so.
>>
>>51431017
I just thought everyone used the devotions desu. But yeah, while the Arch-Heretic Rev isnt really fitting the fluff of my traitors I think I`ll use it. It allows me to field my t-shirts vets and infantry. Now I just need to represent the disciples somehow. Also, are Maruaders really that bad? I mean if they wont break they seems to be real good.
>>
>>51430991
That sounds like a good idea, but I dunno.

>>51431031
It bothers me as well, I keep making that typo.
>>
>>51428567
>They need to take as much of that kind of shit as possible and throw it in the fucking trash.
I should have mentioned that. They should remove anything that Cruddace added and start from a clean slate.

I like the idea of them getting abilities on the tabletop to represent them "adapting" in the field. The "ASSUME DIRECT CONTROL" was something that seemed like a nice add-on. Literally, the Hive Mind itself pushing beasts past their limits and abilities. D3 Synapse units gaining certain abilities depending on the turn number and objective points earned could be interesting. Just have to figure out what... like maybe extra Psyker Mastery levels for certain things (Zoans, Tyrants, Broodloords, Patriarchs), or FNP at a 4+, or their carapace can harden to improve their save by +1.

The addition of collecting Biomass for killing and losing units has a precedent in the Khorne Daemonkin codex. Slaughtercult can opt to just lose Cultists if they have to take a single Morale Check for more Blood Tithe points. It's not that much bookkeeping. Especially if you could sacrifice certain units like Gargoyles, Hormagants, and Ripper Swarms. Gants would be too much since you can just poop out more with Tervigons. Though I suppose it could be tamed by just lessening the effect of certain levels of Biomass tokens or requiring more Biomass tokens for certain abilities.

They could have done so much with the Tyranids, but they made them out to be dumb beasts outside of synapse and so lack luster, with heaps of rules you don't need. Just simplify it.
>>
People bitch about formations and all that noise, but what are fluffy armies you could not actually create following the standard CAD of 5e and earlier, ignoring 5e's unit restructuring based on ICs?
I mean, >>51431005 alone would have been outright impossible, it would take up too man heavy support choices.
>>
>>51431075
Harlequins because they have no HQ :^)
>>
File: AnvilStrike.png (104KB, 868x568px) Image search: [Google]
AnvilStrike.png
104KB, 868x568px
>>51431005
This is what I use at 1250. It maybe doesn't make the most of Fists chapter tactics, but on the other hand anyone but Iron Hands are sorta irrelevant with it as is.
>>
>>51431075
Skittles
Harlequins
Assassins
Inquisition
>>
>>51431059
Marauders are the ones with Only In It For The Money rule, right? Depends heavily on their Ld score so whether they'd break in the first place.

I am digging the amount of traitor guard talk on teej recently lads keep it up
>>
>>51431075
> Slow, barrage-based armoured division
> In Space Marines

> Fluffy

I understand you can justify anything in fluff if you try hard enough, but seriously? That's an example of shit you should be trying to get rid of.
>>
>>51431075
It's more of a matter of specializing. For the example you linked to, it is possible to have Chronus as a marine tank HQ, though it does lock you into ultramarines. If not, a techpriest in one of the transports or with a bike squad.

Take two tactical squads in Rhinos for the mechanized infantry, load up on 3 heavy support tanks, go for elite dreadnoughts instead of the heavy support ones, and then throw in some fast attack razorbacks or bikes or landspeeders in order to include more tanks.

That's the same fluff to the army, being a massed armor list, but it doesn't require the need to have 4 vindicators instead of 3 or whatever.
>>
>>51431075
Just like the separation of church and state, we need to adopt the separation of fluff and game. Accept that the game has nothing to do with the fluff and move on, talk about the two separately.
>>
>>51430780
>Necrons vs Chaos

Necrons don't give a damn about Chaos since it can't hurt them due to the fact they are soulless.
>>
>>51431149
> Skittles
Combine AdMech into one army, like they should've fucking been in the first place. Arch-dominus for HQ, Skitarii for troops, put the kataphrons over in Elites or even Heavy.
> Harlequins
They're basically an allied detachment as is, and you can field them just fine in Eldar and DE
> Assassins and Inquisition
Move the Warband to Troops (why the fuck was it Elites in the first place?) and put the Assassins in Elites in the Inquisition-style books, like they used to be.
>>
Seeing a lot of fellow Traitors here, i have a question.

Once my numbers of Gue'vesa get high enough, would i be better off running them as IG allies, or Renegades and Heretics? I like the RG idea, and big artillery makes my dick hard. Is there a playstyle that would fit the Gue'vesa style more, or am i kind of locked into a 'these guys are chaos, or damned close to it' route?
>>
>>51431150
Yeah, they are In It For The Money. But they get LD 7 (8 with a chief) and throw good amounts of dakka and can get something like IG vets doctrines, one gives them Ourflank, Stealth and MTC, other one gives Crusader and Furious Charge and the last Kraks and Carapace. Prett good if you ask me

And Im prett sure its me and like 2 or 3 other anons who keep talking about the renegades, but its still pretty good for such an abandoned army
>>
>>51431197

I mean Chaos as a concept may not be able to but Demons can still rip them apart and bolters still blow apart their bodies.
>>
>>51431155
Because SMs don't use armor divisions, or siege tanks in city warfare.
>>51431156
You advocate stripping choices from the player, however, for something that is a "close approximation" (and usually isn't close at all). I don't really understand the mindset of forcing players to have less, of taking away options and choices. Isn't the entire 3.5 CSM argument predicated on that it was very fluffy and represented the faction well?
>>51431187
Go play Warmahorde, anon.
>>
>>51431155
>Slow, barrage-based armoured division

They had an entire army based around this in 5E. It was called Siege Assault Vanguard.
>>
>>51430495
Can somebody tell me, somebody who doesn't play 40k and only knows a bit of the fluff and has only really read a Cain book or two.

What is the big deal with the planet? What is GW doing? And why it's good/bad/indifferent?
>>
>>51431234
You can run LatD not as cultists, just give them no covenant and make DONT PAINT THEM CHAOS COLORS. Try using Marauders, they are pretty much mercenaries so pretty fluffy. Also they get the same shit that IG gets with artillery , so its pretty fun.
>>
>>51431282
The planet, if you are talking about Cadia, was a fortress that held back a LOT of Chaos Crusades. It getting destroyed means that they get a better way to the galaxy and the Eye of Terror (pretty much a giant warp storm) is expanding.
>>
>>51431282
Cadia was the planet at the entrance to the Eye of Terror, a place where the warp and real space overlap.

All guardsmen miniatures are Cadians (or Catachan) and are effectively the posterboys

Abaddon, the main bad guy for Chaos, blew up Cadia which was one of the only thing stopping him and his friends heading to Terra.
>>
>>51431282
chaos is a drain
the imperium is the water brimming the bathtub
cadia was the plug
>>
>>51431241
Those doctrines are fucking legit for the point value. I kind of want to field one of each. Squad of infiltrators, squad of berserkers and a squad of heavy infantry would be rad, although realistically they'd all get chewed up too fast to be useful.
>>
>>51431282
Cadia was a huge line of defense against Chaos, because they kept trying to take it despite the ability to just go around it.

We discovered there were pylons on Cadia that were helping keep Chaos-the-magic out of the material world, and Chaos-the-army wanted them destroyed.

Abbadon, head honcho of chaos-the-army, finally got his shit together and destroyed the planet by overcharging the pylons with so much magic they couldn't hold it all back.

This means that Chaos is strong enough to beat the Imperium on the Imperium's terms, and that it's only going to get stronger.

The Eldar, who use the Warp but deal with it differently than Humans do, are responding to this by trying to raise their own Chaos God to fight the other ones.
>>
>>51431234
The big caveat with the renegades is random Ld. If you want to represent a PDF from a defector planet, IG would probably be better, but if you want to represent some people being really dedicated to the Tau while others not so much, renegades would work.
>>
>>51431064
Im totally down with bringing back the ability to customize all my units. Full army of flying termagants sounds awesome
>>
>>51431353
There are people STILL pushing that debunked rumor?
>>
Rules and models for Vect's Castigators when?

Please...
>>
>>51431335
Chaos is not a drain, chaos is a ladder.
>>
>>51431379
Which part of it has been debunked? I'd suspect the Eldar part, because I haven't really been paying that much attention to biel-tan and getting my info secondhand - never gave a used fig about the space elves. The rest is straight from Fall of Cadia.
>>
>>51431379
which debunked rumor
>>
>>51430978
salamanders just to piss off people who play them. Just like the real marine Malevolent!

also why the one chapter full of "that guy"
>>
>>51431342
Yeah, they are cool AF. Shame about the special rule, but if you can give them zealot somehow (Felblade anyone?) they are nuts. Also they can get up to 2 brutes, who are WS 4 S4 with 3 wounds and 3 attacks who get rending. Fucking awesome I tell you. But you also cant take a covenenat and thats just dumb.
>>
>>51431360
Well I'd kind of like to fluff them out as planets left undefended or the leftover Guardsmen from the aftermath of The Damocles Crusade stuck behind the firewall. So 'not everyone is into it, but fuck it why not' wouldn't be a stretch
>>
Also another thing for all the traitor guard lads in here tonight, any listbuilding apps that support Imperial Armour stuff?
>>
>>51431399
>The rest is straight from Fall of Cadia.
No, it's not, you are reposting the lies someone threw on /tg/, and you haven't read the book.
Cadia blew up because Abbaddon hit the planet with the pieces of the Blackstone Fortress remaining after the Phalanx wrecked it's shit.
>>
>Imperium/Eldars are pushing back Chaos force
>Magnus appears and starts tearing them to shreds
>Janus comes out and challenges him
>Halfway through the fight, Janus sacrifices himself to send his Shard of Magnus into the main body
>His shard starts wrestling control of the whole, turning Magnus into instable torrent of Warp energy
>Catching up, Khayon and Chaos Sorcerers starts firing Warp energy into their Shards to let them come up on top
>Imperium/Eldar start backing "good" Shard with their own psychic power
>Mass of warp power that is Magnus right now reaches equilibrium between loyal/traitor side, while everyone is trying to snipe out enemy psykers
>out of ether, countless TS and Silver Towers appear throught the Webway and shoot fuck off massive amount of power into the Magnus
>Imperium side despairs as power draws near, knowing that Demon Primarch will be restored, stronger than ever
>when suddenly!

I know that's dumb, but i can't to think that entire Janus deal will either be redemption of Magnus or "exactly as planned" moment.
>>
>>51431458
>when suddenly....
DIGITS FOR DRAIGO
>>
>>51431403
All of the early "leaks" about Fall of Cadia turned out to be lies.
>>
>>51431434
I fucking wish my man. Counting the points the old way is hell after you get used to the list builder.

Its fun to see other /Lost Souls/ in here, feels good.
>>
>>51431458
Meant to say

>can't help but to think
>>
>>51431353
>>51431319
>>51431306

And why is this a bad thing for 40k? I can understand the in universe reason to maybe consider putting off that pilgrimage to Terra but people are saying this is a bad thing for the 40k franchise.
>>
>>51431496
Because players don't want End Times, and this is how you get End Times.
>>
>>51431496
Becasue it will end up like Age of Skubmar, with factions getting squatted, dumb alliances being made.
Also you cant really meme abbaddon that much now
>>
>>51431403
>>51431399
The Pylons overloading. They didn't overload. They just shutdown after Abaddon cracked the planet in half with the Blackstone. People are tired of correcting people on it and they are getting angry. It got so much worse that ''Arch Warhammer'' aka the ultimate warhammer expert was repeating that bullshit.
>>
>>51431234
Guevesa are closer to normal guard. Run them as that so you aren't CtA.
>>
>>51431458
>Khayon

STOP. KHAYON IS A BLINDED, PSYCHICALLY CRIPPLED PRISONER ON TERRA.
>>
>>51431496

>>51431507
>>51431515

This is basically it. Warhammer Fantasy did a huge campaign spanning multiple races, destroying some large plot points and bringing other races together into new armies just before it died, and people are afraid of that happening again.
>>
>>51431496
Because people are afraid of change, and what is happening is not the same as their headcanon, really.
It also allows the chicken littles like >>51431507 and >>51431515 to complain about anything, which is their favorite 40k related pasttime.
>>
>>51431516
I though the planet was just fucked over? He split it in half?
>>
>>51431550
It is in pieces, some large enough to retain atmosphere.
>>
>>51431486
I know man. Phone's dead so can't provide pic related right now but I'm literally drawing my list up in pencil on an old notepad from uni. It feels kind of wholesome to know I'm doing as my wargaming forebears did back in the day.
>>
>>51431550
Yes, it was cracked in half by the remnants of the Blackstone.

The Eye washed over the two pieces of Cadia. Now Cadia is in the process of becoming a daemon world.
>>
>>51431543
>Because people are afraid of change
>t.Tzeentch
>>
>>51431561
Okay, because at my local game shop we all have been having this argument of what truly happened, If I'm right then creed and celisten are still their.
>>
>>51431434
I know it's sorta shit right now, but Battlescribe does it.
>>51431583
Celestine fled with Cawl and Greyfax. Creed is in Trazyn's collection.
>>
>>51431583
Tell someone to buy the fucking book then, or get it pirated.
My boy read it, and it's not nearly as bad as the shitters here act like.
>If I'm right then creed and celisten are still there
Wrong on both counts.
Creed, having lost an arm and dying of blood loss after covering the retreat of the remaining Imperial forces from Cadia with the entire Cadian 8th, was captured by Trayzyn.
Celestine led the Imperial forces to a link up with the Eldar Ynnari forces, and have stepped into a webway gate on the promise of a alliance.
>>
File: List attempt number one.jpg (117KB, 900x484px) Image search: [Google]
List attempt number one.jpg
117KB, 900x484px
Okay, long time lurker, first time poster. Am I barking up the right tree with this list or not at all?
>>
>>51431496
It's simple:
1) GW is bad at writing, so most of the fluff from this is horrendous
2) it looks a lot like the endtimes to some people, and even though GW said that is not the case, some anons just want to watch the world burn and thus spam that this is the end for 40k and anyone who says otherwise is a shill.
3) it puts a lot of focus on Failbadon, who is a horroble BBEG and whose fluff is an insult to anyone with a brain
4) that focus on abby and chaos makes a lot of players of other 'bad guy factions" afraid that all this will happen and they'll get fuck all, and then the setting might most likely won't blow up
5) this may result in an AoSesque version of the 40k BRB, and seeing as AoS is quite possibly the worst wargame on the market, that's a very bad thing >inb4 butthurt AoSfags
6) people are afraid of change
>>
>>51431642
>flyer in a 500 point game
But why?
>>
>>51431642
Just want to confirm: You're intending to use the Valkyrie as a gunship? It can't actually carry any of the Vanguard.
>>
>>51431670

It can, just they cannot start in it. It would horribly inefficient to get them into it but it is possible.
>>
>>51431670
I thought it could, but allies just couldn't start embarked in allied transports?
>>
>>51431709

This is correct.
>>
>>51431697
Confusing a new player with technicalities is unwise.
>>51431709
It's an allied transport, isn't it? There's a small list of factions that can start in it from the FAQ, and Skitarii aren't on it.
>>
File: KHARN_LOEV_FLASHLIGHT.jpg (183KB, 1116x683px) Image search: [Google]
KHARN_LOEV_FLASHLIGHT.jpg
183KB, 1116x683px
Sup /tg/, are there any 40k related jokes ?
>>
>>51431652
>butthurt AoSfags
butthurt AoSfags
>>
>>51431728

But you're wrong. They can embark on it - they just cannot start in it. It isn't a technicality, its the rule. The FAQ and rules are very clear in this regard.
>>
File: zRCsrvOQ4D0.jpg (23KB, 502x214px) Image search: [Google]
zRCsrvOQ4D0.jpg
23KB, 502x214px
Hello.
>>
>>51431670
>>51431697

Well bugger, this is embarrassing. The Valkyrie is supposed to be a Vulture, forgive the complete and utter posting illiteracy on my part.
>>
>>51430817
> I dont feel like getting hotshots and carapace for ALL MY FUCKING VETS...

Isn't that completely optional? Normal renegade infantry are a better deal than veterans anyway.

Ordnance Tyrant is another option and of course you don't have to take a devotion at all.
>>
>>51431761
Bigger pics and a link to whichever third party site sells that?
>>
>>51431761
Is there a Fulgrim or Angron?
>>
>>51431765
Im not playing Vraks Renegades, so no Ord Tyrant. And taking Bloody Handed Reaver and not using the hotshots is just a waste of points. Also, Im using the vets kind of like in IG, mostly for driveby melta shooting and some plasmas.
>>
>>51431781
games-workshop.com
>>
>>51431729
Yeah.
>Nids
>Orks
>Dark Eldar
>Grey Knights
>CSM (Without TL)
>>
>>51431114
Neat. How do the vindicator and whirlwind squad bonuses perform in practice? And hey, at least your terminators really really hate buildings! >>51431075
Right? I really enjoy the variety of army compositions available within the same faction this edition.
>>
>>51431652
Would GW really kill 40k. It's still profitable? What does the setting mean in practical terms.

Will they close the franchise? Stop production of models? Keep production but stop new designs?

Will they carry on with the universe? But restructured? The Empire is now alive and killing off Chaos. Will it go beyond that. 50k and be completely different to what it is now?

People keep saying the setting is going to blow up or it's the end time. But what does that mean?
>>
>>51431761
What's this then? Third party or something?
I doubt GW will give CSM 2 PEQ before the loyalists, the poster boys of the setting and far and away the best sellers of anything GW sells, get even one.
>>
>>51431815
Nothing's going to happen, the setting will just go from 5 minutes to midnight to 1 minute to midnight.
>>
>>51431835
Triumvirate is 3 characters for loyalists :^)
>>
>>51431815
>Would GW really kill 40k. It's still profitable? What does the setting mean in practical terms.
It's GW's number one seller, they aren't killing it
>People keep saying the setting is going to blow up or it's the end time. But what does that mean?
People are idiots who like to get (You)s through fearmongering?
>>
>>51431761
New slaanesh models when?
>>
>>51431800
W E W
>>
>>51431728
Really? I must have missed that in the new FAQ. What's the list of factions, and did they fix the Enginseer only working on Guard stuff?
>>
>>51431800
You seem to have forgotten your :^)
>>
File: 1482382223956.jpg (148KB, 535x464px) Image search: [Google]
1482382223956.jpg
148KB, 535x464px
>>51431155
>>imperial fists
>>aurora chapter
>>iron warriors
>>
>>51431811
I honestly forget about the Whirlwinds' squad buff half the time, which is on me.
The Vindicators get to group fire once and exactly once per player, before they realize just what that can do. After that, people focus them down - often giving the Land Raider time to get into position.
The Land Raider is my Warlord, and has enough guns and PotMS to take out a unit a turn with that warlord trait. The Assault Squad often leaves the vehicle to act as bubble wrap.
>>51431877
Sadly, enginseer still works as written.
>>
>>51431877
Page 46
– Faction and Allies
Add the following to the end of the first paragraph:
‘Transports from this Faction can transport Astra
Militarum, Militarum Tempestus and Inquisition units
as if they were all of the same Faction.’
>>
>>51431815

At the end of the day we're looking at a different GW than the GW who published WHFB ET and transitioned to AoS. With Rountree at the helm it is a different business. I also think (and to be clear this is all opinion based) that GW realized what a debacle AoS was (it is just now recovering thanks to GC and even then it is a slow process).

I think they understand they engendered a ton of ill-will with the way ET was handled, the way AoS launched, etc., so I don't think they're going go in that direction again. I imagine 8th will see changes, some probably just to drive different sales trends, but I don't think it is going to be a massive change and I think it will be aesthetically still 40k.
>>
>>51431898
Im still cleaning up the jizz from my walls. This was my favorite faq. Inquisitor+tempestus command squad+valkyrie =all my dreams and aspirations.
>>
>>51431835
end of summer/autumn
>>
File: 1480855797528.jpg (82KB, 600x502px) Image search: [Google]
1480855797528.jpg
82KB, 600x502px
>>51431894
Ha. Yeah, that's what I would expect.

Got any pictures of your tanks?
>>
What's good armored support for Black Templars? Dreadnought variants, Vindicators, Predators or what?

As fun Crusaders in Land Raiders are, LRCs just suck too much and are too expensive to be competitive in my meta.
>>
>>51432050
Sadly, no. I haven't gotten foam for them, so I basically have to field repair them every time I want to use them again, and I haven't gotten around to doing it this time.
>>
File: 20170127_111629.jpg (5MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
20170127_111629.jpg
5MB, 4032x3024px
Lava anon here. Reversed my color scheme and added irregular sized cracks. How's this one look?
>>
File: Avenger_Strike_Fighter.jpg (10KB, 300x255px) Image search: [Google]
Avenger_Strike_Fighter.jpg
10KB, 300x255px
>>51430495
How come some flyers have only 2 hull points where others have 3? Is there some internal logic or consistency to it that I'm missing, or is it just inconsistent rules writing?
>>
>>51431892
he's probably a Robot Sissyman faggot
>>
>>51432155
Some flyers have more structural integrity than others. That's all there is to it, is what goes into their production in-universe.
>>
File: IMG_8460.jpg (49KB, 595x444px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8460.jpg
49KB, 595x444px
Hey guys so I had some questions on necrons if anyone can help

Not a new fag just thinking of starting a new army

My only two armies ATM are guard and lost and damned, both very gunline armies, I wanted my third to be a very mobile army that doesn't sit in deployment

Was gonna do eldar but the style of eldar I was attacticed to involved tons of bikes, farseers, and warp spiders, aka every tourney list ever, which didn't seem very fun to play against now leaning necrons because their lore is badass, they're decently powerful if I decide to play some serious games with them, and they seem like a good midfield army if you load everyone in ghost arcs and push them into rapid fire range

So are necrons fun to play with and against? I only played against them once with my Grey knights about a year ago and the best way to describe that game was frustrating because they just wouldn't die, but I was also newer.Will they feel a lot different than a gunline guard army? Are their jetbikes cool/good? Cronfags help
>>
>>51432175
White Scars and Deathwatch, actually. Because the only way Space Marines make any sort of military sense is as shock troops sent to a planet having serious problems to turn the tide, and let the millions of guard regiments that exist handle the rest once the momentum swings back.
>>
>>51432212
Only if you make 1 to 1 comparisons with real life where we don't have heavy shock troops armored like tanks to send into urban combat zones alongside their tanks designed to flatten urban combat zones.
Stop being a /k/unt.
>>
>>51432193
Necrons were my first army, and they're a fucking grind to play. Like, they aren't particularly showy, they don't have any big guns - you rely on Gauss WAY too much, and it doesn't do as much as you need it to - but in return, you just don't die.

It's actually sorta miserable, both for you and your opponent, because watching things get pulled off of the battlefield is fun, and seeing big swingy moments is a huge part of the draw of 40k. Instead, their stuff dies slowly, and yours die even slower than that.

Destroyer Cult and Canoptek Harvest patch up this problem, which is why they're considered the important things to take for any fledgling Necron player, in that Destroyers have weapons with an actual AP value, and Wraiths have a decent number of attacks and move quickly.
>>
>>51432193
Crons are very much an attrition style army. They're tough but lack range, so you can't really gunline the same way guard would, you have to keep moving. Tomb blades are pretty nuts even for bikes.
>>
>>51432193
I wonder if instead of hibernating the necrons actually uploaded their minds into a simulation and just party until they wake.
>>
>>51432212
>implying the tank regiments of the Astartes are not shock tanks
there, I just fluffed the shit out of your gay little theoryshitting
>>
>>51432247
>>51432251
That's... discouraging...

Any 40k game that can be discribed as "grinding" doesn't sound too fun

Also big plays are also the best part of 40k, an army that's just constant mathhammer also sounds not too great

Right now I have an overlord, cryptek, 20 crons, 3 bikes, a night scythe/doom scythe, and 2 ghost arks (like always once the buying started I couldn't stop myself since I had so much money from selling another army)

gonna use them as a small army/Ally to my lost and damned and guard and see how fun they are before expanding
>>
>>51430983
I'm now picturing a human dominated by the hive mind being used a mouth piece a la Brent spider in Independence day. Maybe they capture inquisitor kryptman and make him a lord of war level psyker on Par with magnus
>>
>>51432303
>Also big plays are also the best part of 40k
Do NOT play Necrons, then. I've honestly felt like I was losing games because so little was happening and my opponent started with a good position, until I stepped back and realized just how much he'd lost and what I could - and couldn't - do in his position. Necrons are a way to win games, at high tier and below. They can't compete with highest tier, they aren't there to do huge bursts of anything, they just can't be killed, while your opponent's army can.
>>
>>51432303
Just remember to buy a monolith
>>
>>51432338
Okay, let's hear your justification for this one.
>>
>>51432323
Eh, I don't see the Hivemind caring about the individual. More likely is just ASSUMING DIRECT CONTROL of the nearest Genestealer whenever they really need to.
>>
>>51432364
They look cool
>>
>>51432336
>cringing at myself using "also" so much

Well at least it sounds like it's different, necrons are notoriously easy to paint and I'd say after eBay I can get pretty close to breaking even if I decide I don't like them

>just as long as it isn't like that time I bought 2000 points of tau and decided I hated them after 2 games, spent about a year selling all that and still have yet to get all my money back
>>
Why do people take warhammer so seriously?
>>
File: 1481773459240.jpg (53KB, 640x759px) Image search: [Google]
1481773459240.jpg
53KB, 640x759px
>>51432400
Why do people take alot of things so seriously?
>>
>>51432400
It's a competitive social event. It's something they can prepare for, and guarantee that they're facing other people in. The human urge is to try to win, and there's an assumption other people are also preparing as seriously as you, so you have to bring your best, which only happens if you're serious.

Plenty of people do not do this. They also wouldn't spend time on, for instance, the general thread of an imageboard specifically designed to talk about it. If you're here, you take it seriously enough to find this place.
>>
>>51432400
It's prodominently played by males, it is competitive, and males take all forms of competition seriously
>>
File: 1338225574575.gif (438KB, 500x376px) Image search: [Google]
1338225574575.gif
438KB, 500x376px
>>51432400
>basic bitch who half-asses everything, even his shitposts
>>
According to to the leaks, the eldar broke into two factions. The Ones supporting the Ynnari and the ones against them.

What would be the reasons for some Eldar to fight against Ynnead?
>>
>>51432433
REMOVE GRAV
Or make it have 30k rules
FFS it's killing the hobby
>>
>>51432453
They believe the God of Death wants to kill them as much as the God of Excess does, possibly more, and that when it's done with whatever they point it at it'll just turn around on them. They're just trading in hiding from one god for hiding from another, and the other knows where they live.
>>
>>51432463
>t.eldar
>>
>>51432479
Isn't the whole idea with Ynead that it'll kill Slaanesh and allow Eldar souls to reincarnate again?
>>
>>51432463
what rules does it have in 30k ?
>>
>>51432463
Grav is a symptom, not the cause.
>>
>>51432463
>why can't my pointy-eared faggots be even more OPerer!
cunt
>>
>>51432495
They would reincarnate as the Exhumed
>>
>>51432487
More likely Tau or Chaos Marines - Tau, because it can actually harm their Monstrous Suits, and Marines, because they don't get it and it fucks them.
>>51432512
All Grav weapons are some form of Blast, and remain in play for a turn as difficult and dangerous terrain.
>>51432495
That is the theory. Not everyone believes it'll come through in practice.
>>
>>51432463
>thinking grav is the only issue with balance in 40k

How much 40k do you actually play these days anon?
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cZc6cr6G2E4
>>
File: Typhon Siege Tank.jpg (62KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
Typhon Siege Tank.jpg
62KB, 960x540px
>>51431250

>or siege tanks

What about the Typhon?
>>
>>51432107
Ouch. Try the pluck foam trays from ArmyTransport, they're not expensive
>>
>>51432525
It might be interesting to try using grav with that rules, maybe i`ll give it a try, but not with by destroyer kataphron servitors
>>
File: Myrmidons.jpg (700KB, 3708x1972px) Image search: [Google]
Myrmidons.jpg
700KB, 3708x1972px
>>51432463
>>51432512

Grav in 30k has two types. Either blast weapons with Haywire that wound on a failed enemy strength test, AP4 (So normally effectively S3) or the Mechanicum Graviton Imploders, that are the same as 40k grav, Salvo 2/4 (Anything that gets them is Relentless) but expensive as hell and 18" range. Only places that is is as a gun on a 300pt (When equipped) Land Raider chassis, or 80ppm Myrmidons, T5 3+ 5++ W2.

So true grav is a surgical tool on largely slow short-ranged platforms, and is powerful but restricted. Biggest use is giving Mechanicum a counter to the Primarch deathstars that are really damn common.
>>
>>51432463

Eh.

I really don't have a problem with Grav.

Doesn't really do much to Orks that other thing aren't already doing.
>>
>>51432585
what is 40k grav
>>
How good is grav against nids?
>>
>>51432427
Boredom?
>>
>>51432600
Easily removes their MC's.
>>
File: IMG_8461.jpg (1MB, 3024x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8461.jpg
1MB, 3024x3024px
Hey guardanon here

A while back I asked a bunch of people at my LGS which scheme they liked more, pretty much everyone said the one on the right because it popped out more and the colors didn't just melt together at a distance

I think at this point I agree with them but I wanted to check with /tg/ before repainting pask

What do you guys think?
>>
>>51432599
AP2, wounds targets on their armor value, immobilizes vehicles on 6.

It rips termies and Riptide apart, but does shit against demon armies.
>>
>>51432622
Well I guess I'm fucking retarded for trying to take a picture with my iPhone, when I said "right" I guess meant "top"
>>
>>51432617
Damn i thought i was safe
>>
>>51432622
I'm inclined to agree. The one on the left kinda just looks like a solid green.
>>
I've currently got limited paints, and a number of swords to paint.
Will leadbelcher work, or should I pick up some runefang steel or something?
>>
>>51432303
Necrons can be a fast dynamic force you just need to use the tricks they have. Nightmare shroud, ghostwalk mantle, monoliths can all pick up a squad and transport them across the board, night scythes can fly 36 and disembark passengers. Doomsday arks are long range as well as pylons. Wraiths are obviously the best unit when talking about speed and necrons, destroyers are a close second as jet pack infantry and tomb blades are jet bikes. Granted almost every gun has 24 inch range but after one movement phase most stuff will be able to shoot anyway. Your troops will last longer than anyone else's if you take a decurion detachment. The real grind is if you play against another necron army. I've done that and it was an 8 hour game
>>
File: trump imperator.jpg (569KB, 988x1496px) Image search: [Google]
trump imperator.jpg
569KB, 988x1496px
You can only post in this thread if the Emperor is leading your country RIGHT NOW in 017.M3
>>
>>51432400
They don't realize it's a pastiche.
>>
>>51432649
Leadbelcher followed by Nuln Oil wash then drybrush Necron Compound is what I do for my metals
>>
>>51432663
Fuck off keep trump shit posting outta here
>>
>>51432599
Wounds on Armour Save of target, so excellent for crumpling stuff like Carnifexes, Riptides and Wraithknights.

Problem is, Spess Muhreens get it on BS4 platforms, en masse, in Drop Pods or on bikes, and can buff it to nonsense levels with psyk. Also can buy Grav-amps to give Shred. That basically makes it the best gun ever.

Admech also get it, but theirs is less accurate, on less durable platforms that move way slower and are damn costly for 4+ saves, even W2 T5. They can buff them with canticles, though, and even regular grav is really powerful.
>>
>>51432212
The hardest armored infantry and fighting vehicles available to the imperium absolutely serve a purpose as siege breakers.

I agree with your assessment of elite shock troops being the strength of space marines, but they're highly adaptable in usage and definitely shown to excel at orbital assaults, boarding actions, siegebreaking, even guerilla warfare.
>>
Is Bravestorm from Farsight's Eight dead?
Lexi says he is but i can't find info in mon'tka that confirm his death.
>>
>>51432622
I'd tone down the black a little (or even replace it with a different, lighter colour altogether).

Also, look up late WW2 German tanks for cool inspiration for paint schemes.
>>
File: 20170127_160830.png (1MB, 1791x1440px) Image search: [Google]
20170127_160830.png
1MB, 1791x1440px
>>51432534
SOMEONE LOCK ME UP
>>
>>51432599
It's terrifyingly antimeta, it absolutely wrecks pretty much every competitive army except daemons

>Jetbikes? Better start jinking son
>T5 bikes? I don't give a fuck
>THSS? You better make 20 3+ saves
>knights? Prepare to be glanced to death
>riptides RIPtides
>wraithknight is gonna get wraiped
>>
>>51432679
Grav-amps are only on the Cannons, which is an important thing to note. Cant buy it on normal Grav Guns
>>
>>51430988
honestly they should just go in the mind-control/people-get-assimilated direction

not every race needs to be protagonist material
>>
>>51432625
For everything that grav can kill, there's grav.

For everyone else, there's bolters.
>>
>>51432144
Nice.
>>
>>51432657
Literally screencapped this so I can look these units up in my codex when I get home, I just want an army where being "in your face" doesn't mean I've done something wrong

>8 hour game
God damn dude I played a 5 hour game one time for 1st place in a tournament and considered offering to split pot with the guy even though I was winning, had a massive headache and my mind was just melting out of my ears, I couldn't imagine an 8 hour non apoc game
>>
>>51432694
I tried to base it off WW2 nazi tanks
>the darker shade of green looks like black
Either I did a shit job taking that picture, or it really is a shit paint job
>>
File: bull.jpg (44KB, 600x620px) Image search: [Google]
bull.jpg
44KB, 600x620px
>>51430495
Has anyone fought against a Guard army using Bullgryn? Were they any fun to fight against or were they just sort of useless bullet sponges?
>>
>>51431958
amusingly enough this also means that Ordo: Hereticus sisters of battle are allowed to start the game embarked on valkeries again =D
>>
>>51432764
Things just wouldn't die, combats went down to the last man because of Ld10 and the score was even until turn 7
>>
>>51432812
Literally their fluff is that they are bullet sponges
>>
Are strangle webs worth putting on termagants?
>>
>>51430495

>>Catching up, Khayon and Chaos Sorcerers starts firing Warp energy into their Shards to let them come up on top

Given Khayon gave himself up to the Imperium, who blinded him, somehow stripped him of his sorcery etc and have him as a prisoner that seems exceptionally unlikely.
>>
>>51432957
Only ever take Fleshborers or Devourers, the others are useless. A case can be made for Spinefists, but those are still worthless in my opinion.
>>
File: WS_vs._Orks_Battle.png (2MB, 1121x689px) Image search: [Google]
WS_vs._Orks_Battle.png
2MB, 1121x689px
How much speed is too much speed if you want to field a White Scars army?

Also on a more concrete matter how good is the white scars bike squadron?
>>
>>51432600
Completely dismantles them. All of your Mc will die in 1 round of shooting from 3 centurions. Everything else you have can be dealt with easily after that
>>
Flameblade strike force worth running for 2k tournament salamanders?
>>
>>51433005
Thank you for the input that frees up 30 points
>>
>>51432812
a friend of mine uses a big squad of bullgryns.

they tend to do fairly well. but then again i play orks and no riptide tau.
>>
>>51432689
I remember one of the eight is just a AI with the commanders brainchip thing keeping its name for reasons of secrecy and morale
>>
File: 1485532479705.jpg (100KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
1485532479705.jpg
100KB, 800x450px
>>51433059
Anybody else thinking Krootox conversions?
>>
>>51432689
IIRC they didn't specify which of the eight died. The only thing i remember is O'blatai's AI chip might be fried.
>>
Completely remove grav from the game. Can marines still compete? If yes, grav is broken, if no, marines are shit. Discuss
>>
>>51433109
I think they are reliant on it to compete with Tau and Eldar, though that's not a very good case for it not being broken.
>>
>>51432534
THATS FUCKING AWESOME
>>
>>51432812
Bullgryn are a problem if you have a way to deliver them, and are ignoreable otherwise - they mostly see use as countercharge units, where the opponent wants to hit your lines, they tear through one squad, and then a squad of bullgryn lay into them for daring to.
>>
>>51433104
>people using krootox ever
hahaha nice joke anon
>>
>>51433109

It should be obvious that grav is broken and marines are shit (without grav and other broken shit). There's a reason every battle company and other broken marine list uses grav. Playing without grav is basically just you slowly being tabled. The best weapon besides grav is melta and BA and SoB have way more melta than vanilla but because they don't have grav look how shit they are
>>
>>51433104
i'm thinking count-as thunderwolves if I can work them in as an allied detatchment maybe
>>
File: 150509BothStompas007.jpg (194KB, 1141x1129px) Image search: [Google]
150509BothStompas007.jpg
194KB, 1141x1129px
Anyone know what a "Digga Stompa" is exactly?

I keep hearing about it, but as far as I know Diggas are just Humans that try and emulate Orks.

Do they build Stompas too or something?
>>
>>51431197

According to the lore, Necrons hate Chaos as the Warp is a dimension to warfare they are completely oblivious to.
The reason the Necrontyr lost their first war with the Old Ones was the Old One's mastery of the warp, specifically webway gates and combat psykers.
The Necron's endgame vis-a-vis the Warp and Chaos was to separate it from realspace permanently. Hence the Cadian Pylons.
>>
>>51432534
i want to watch that

also who was the red guy on the throne?
>>
>>51433125
>>51433233
Which leads me to my next question, is grav truly broken and are marines truly shit? Or is the competition broken to the point where marines can only win if they take grav
>>
>>51433284
Or a better way of phrase that question. Which faction is utterly ruining the game and setting the cheese meta for other factions to compete? My vote goes eldar, it just seems like everything they have is good
>>
>>51433251
>dat would require dah oomies seeing a stompa an 'ivvin
>dez dead boss
>also i don't tink they dey 'ave mechboys
>or da grubbenz
>>
>>51430722
>Whale conversion submarine
Japan pls go
>>
File: On the March.gif (1MB, 794x514px) Image search: [Google]
On the March.gif
1MB, 794x514px
So, how about this as a potential Tyranid fix?

>Rapid Adaptation
>After deployment, each Tyranid model may improve one of its stat lines by one (WS 3 to WS 4), may increase either the range of its ranged weapons by 12", or may increase the AP of any ranged or melee weapons it has.
>>
>>51433284
I think non-grav marines would at least be on or with Sisters or Chaos Marines, so around Mid tier.

Marines aren't shit without grav, but they are pretty 'meh'. Grav is the same as Riptides, Scatbikes, and Eldar Dguns.
>>
>>51433333
Er, should probably be decrease the AP of any ranged or melee weapon. Same goes for armor save, I guess.
>>
>>51433333
You could just make it a thing you buy before the game. Don't need to list tailor during deployment, just get the ability to actually get high AP ranged weapons, longer range guns, and better toughness.
>>
>>51433251

Diggas purchased everything from Orks / swopping it for Archeotech stuff they found.

They had no means to build their own stuff
>>
>>51430732
Chaos triumvirate is:
Decimus, prophet of the 8th Legion
Dhar'leth, Black Legion Demon Prince
Not sure about third member

Massive waste if not first two.
>>
>>51433356
The idea was to have the Tyranids specifically crafting their advantages to whatever foe they are facing, so it would happen on the battlefield.

I see what you mean though. One thought I had was they get the one increase for free, and then can buy further ones (though with restrictions. Like, MCs can't go above T8 and stuff like that)
>>
File: Tyranids - 1850pts (3).jpg (195KB, 900x1198px) Image search: [Google]
Tyranids - 1850pts (3).jpg
195KB, 900x1198px
Hows my updated list anons?
>>
File: DSC00093.jpg (485KB, 1288x966px) Image search: [Google]
DSC00093.jpg
485KB, 1288x966px
What do you guys think of this dumb pirate ship so far
>>
>>51433436
bit flat but looks good overall despite that.
>>
>>51433436
It's good enough.
>>
>>51433436
Looks solid, could maybe use a wash.
>>
>>51433453
Don't listen to this guy. I always hear people saying this shit for tanks and stuff.

You actually just need some contrasting colors, not a wash.
>>
>>51433367
source on that?
>>
I keep having issues with the guns on my Wyvern snapping off because the contact point is TINY is the anything I can do to help fix this?
>>
>>51433445
>>51433469
Its amazing how painting infantry models and painting vehicle models require different paints for the same scheme and you cant really use the infantry paints on the vehicles.
>>
>>51433367
Wouldn't 3rd be abaddon himself?
>>
Which version of the Demolisher should I build?
>>
File: space marine laugh.gif (1MB, 300x165px) Image search: [Google]
space marine laugh.gif
1MB, 300x165px
>>51433527
>>
>>51433500
Strip the old glue off before you apply new one. Also, more glue. Preferably two thin coats
>>
File: 2017-01-28 01.08.44.jpg (1MB, 2016x1134px) Image search: [Google]
2017-01-28 01.08.44.jpg
1MB, 2016x1134px
>>51433573
Fug
>>
>>51433591

>Not magnetising

you done fucked up and wasted a kit
>>
If I ally in an Autarch on a jetbike to my Dark Eldar, can he:

>Join a Reaver unit
>Use his reserves shenanigans alongside a Webway Portal
>>
>>51433591
How long have they been selling those large wash bottles?
>>
>>51433333
I love that gif. Just give nid MC an invulnerable save and they're good to go. It's completely ridiculous that a zoanthrope has a 3+ and a hive tyrant has nothing
>>
>>51433609
Yes and Yes.
>>
>>51433601
>using literal fucking witchcraft
>>
File: happy jet.jpg (50KB, 680x684px) Image search: [Google]
happy jet.jpg
50KB, 680x684px
>>51433311
nah man it's a kelly (mono) list
most aspect warriors are in general a bit on the weaker side I don't find game breaking
non jetbike units are also a bit weak
>>
What is the Ork equevilant of the Leman Russ or Land Raider?
>>
File: My babies.jpg (575KB, 1931x1549px) Image search: [Google]
My babies.jpg
575KB, 1931x1549px
Sorry for shit picture but i just finished these guys and wanted to share.The rest in the back still need to be stripped dont mind them
>>
>>51433613
Like 6 months my dude

>even more to spill when you inevitably tip your bottle over
>>
>>51433485
Source: wishlisting

>>51433527
Not for the triumvirate, he does need a new model though
>>
>>51433591
dude, just build every variation.
only button counters will notice the back plate.
not glueing the thing and keeping the turret up will keep it from falling out.
>>
>>51433655
Battlewagon?
Av 14 12 10, 4 hp, open topped tank, 125 points i think, can take 4 rokkits or 4 big shootas, a kannon, lobba, or zapp gun, reinforced ram, deff rolla, all the orky vehicle things and can hold 20 guys, takes heavy support.
Theyre pretty good.
>>
>>51433655
Looted leman Russ and looted land raider

>but seriously battle wagon and looted wagon are the closest but there's nothing exact
>>
>>51433655
looted rand laider
>>
>>51433655
Battle Wagons. From armor 14, transport a lot of things, can get big guns.

They're the most durable transport Orks have barring superheavies.
>>
>>51433657
>Using actual organic colors that look believable

Never realized how much something made sense until I saw it, nice job nidanon
>>
>>51433617
Amusingly enough that Gif shows the only nid monstrous creature with an invuln save. Most people consider it complete garbage though.
>>
>>51433675
85 points to start.
>>51433655
simple answer none.
orks have no MBT.
They do not have good at.
the only thing their vehicles are used for is dropping npcs into the enemy battlelines
>>
>>51433648
Even without Jetbikes and Wraithknights, Eldar would be one of the best codexes in the game. There is no limit to the delusion that Eldarfags suffer.
>>
>>51433692
Thank you.
>>
>>51433591
What makes them AV11 in the rear?
>>
>>51433729
Faith.
>>
>>51433720
Well that's not really the players fault, they just use what's given to them. But I agree you could take away eldars 3 best units and they would still be top tier
>>
I really like the concept of the Triumvirate HQs, but I want a space marine one for my chapter. Should I just assume they're not going to release a marine character for loyalists and run Celestine or Greyfax or something?

Chaos should be getting a triumvirate, I would think.
>>
>>51433773
I would not be surprised if there's a marine one, since marines are so popular.
>>
>>51433773
>tfw Iron hands still have no characters
>the Ultramarines have a tank HQ character
Why
>>
File: LKGiOuQ.jpg (443KB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
LKGiOuQ.jpg
443KB, 3264x2448px
>>51433773
I'm hoping whatever they teased the other day is actually Draigo. I'd bust a nut and a blood vein at the same time because I already own pic related. Although I did get a SHITTY cast, so I could make a better one.
>>
File: Necron Characters.jpg (255KB, 1191x670px) Image search: [Google]
Necron Characters.jpg
255KB, 1191x670px
>>51433804
>soulless zombie terminators have more characters than Iron Hands
>Even NPC: the race has characters (If you count the Swarmlord)
How do you feel about this anon?
>>
>>51433804
Yea that really is btfo
>>
>>51433660
>not using a pipette to move it into a dropper bottle
>>
>>51432625

Grav with amps are statistically on par with heavy bolters against 6+ save models.

THAT'S what broken about Grav. There's really nothing it's actually bad against.
>>
>>51433281
Torquemada Coteaz.
>>
>>51433804

Because the Ultramarines are more in tune with their vehicles and have a higher affinity for machines than the Iron Hands.
>>
>>51433720
>Eldar would be one of the best codexes in the game. There is no limit to the delusion that Eldarfags suffer.
look anon, minus jetbikes, or d spam there isn't anything particularly egregious which is my point.
and allow me to expand that
I don't doubt that they would be strong, i don't think it would be top 4, it definitely would be winning the lions share of tournies either.
also include wraiths in the wraithknight.
>>
>>51433862

Coincidentally, I'm about to order some nice droppers (well not really nice, they're just regular Vallejo style, but I found a company that sells CLEAR caps instead of red/black/white ones) and I'm thinking about how to pour them in. I was going to do funnel or just free pour, but my scientist friend gave me a couple disposable pipettes from his work.

Would I be able to rinse out the soft plastic pipette after each color, or do I need one pipette per pot?
>>
>>51433230
I use them.

As Rapiers for my traitor Guard.
>>
Fluffwise, does the Mark of Nurgle cause a marine to start decaying or is that just when they go full Plague Marine?
>>
>>51433883
You've still got Warp Spiders which are mobile and murderous. Wave serpents got a nerf but are still great transports. Guardian Artillery still has D blasts on it even outside of wraiths. All of the basic troops are quite efficient for their points cost, and all have psuedo rending in some way. Fire dragons are very efficient melta teams. All of the aspect warriors can just get extra weapon or ballistic skill for the low price of taking 3 units.

I'm pretty sure an Eldar army without scatbikes or wraiths could still easily handle a Riptide spamlist.
>>
>>51433883

Look my man - I play Eldar and you're full of shit.

>Battle Focus is an unreasonable rule
>Aspect Host is an unreasonable formation
>Warp Spiders are an unreasonable unit

I can take and beat most 'top tier armies' with an Eldar army that is a Warhost + Aspect Host without any D or Wraiths. I love the current Eldar book but we'd still be top tier without our Str D options, Scatbikes, and Wraiths.
>>
>>51433655
>leman russ
None, they have no real tank.
>land raider
A 'naut.
No really, think about it. A huge, "durable" vehicle costing around 250 points that is equal parts weapon flatform and transport.
It's just it's a huge walker rather than a tank but it's just as useless.
>>
>>51432463
>grav is an issue
lmfao Taudar detected
>>
>>51430649
Nah. Need a lashwhip too or it just ain't good
>>
>>51433883

Warp Spiders
Scatter Laser War Walkers
Phantom Titan
Revenant Titan
Farseers
WARP SPIDERS
Warlock Conclave
Lynx
Wave Serpent
Fire Dragons
Swooping Hawks
Crimson Hunter
WARP FUCKING SPIDERS
Fire Prism
Night Spinner
W A R P
A
R
P
>>
>>51431729
no funny ones, despite the daily thread trying it's damnedest to force them to be.
>>
>>51433938
>>Battle Focus is an unreasonable rule

Finally, an Eldar player fucking admits it. You're literally the only honest Eldar player. Every other faggot goes "WELL YOU GET ATSKNF AND FREE CHAPTER TACTICS"

Like really nigger? Fucking Eldarfags don't even seem to remember that their entire army got +1BS for free in 6E. BS4 used to be Corsair exclusive.
>>
>>51433958

They should probably make the naut the Ork version of a tank and slap a Lance weapon on it or something.
>>
>>51433874
Doesn't a single grav cannon cost about the same as four heavy bolters though?
>>
>>51433729
Fluffwise it's because they are shooter range assault tanks, so the rear is reinforced to handle the closer engagements

>it's great because marines can't punch pask to death
>>
>>51433748
I'm not blaming them for having a strong codex, I'm blaming them for consistently trying to pretend that their codexes aren't utterly amazing. "Waah, Eldar are a skill-intensive army." "Waah, Eldar aren't that good without jetbikes." They've been pulling this bullshit for ever.

>>51433883
Maybe you should have said that instead. There's a world of difference between "particularly egregious" and "on the weaker side."
>>
>>51434006

35 points for grav cannon + grav amp
>>
>>51434006
Closer to 3, but then you factor in that against anything that isn't the horde units you'd use a Heavy Bolter against, it's even better.
>>
>>51433997

Yeah I don't beat around the bush about the book, its too good. I also won't lie - I started playing Eldar back in 3rd and I played Alatioc because of disruption tables. That was the kind of gamer I used to be - I built the best list I could to beat as many people as I could. That said these days I still play an Alatioc themed list with lots of lovingly converted plastic rangers, vypers and war walkers. It is still a very good list but I try to avoid the parts that make it entirely non reactionary for my opponents.
>>
>>51433862
Nigga I'm a bio major and spend hours and hours in a lab weekly and didn't even think of doing that
>>
>>51433981
Spiders got nerfed tho
>>
>>51434024
But so is the Exterminator and Eradicator?
>>
>>51433976
You know what a decent load out for a non flying Hive tyrant is? right now im thinking TL devourer with brainleeches, bonesword and lashwip and electroshock grubs
>>
File: IMG_8465.jpg (60KB, 640x833px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8465.jpg
60KB, 640x833px
>>51433877
The dubs has decided

Everyone post your coteaz

>hopefully it's not imcomplete like mine
>>
>>51434053

How? Or do you mean the FAQ that simply aid 'follow the rules' - anyone who trying to multiple flicker jump per shooting phase was cheating before hand.
>>
>>51433932
for the most case though those units haven't changed much since 5e. perhaps I've grown a bit too distant from my army during my leave from 5e but i'm confused as to how much stronger those have gotten,

>You've still got Warp Spiders which are mobile and murderous.
the fuck has happened to them to have gotten so much flak. I glanced over them in the new codex but they don't seem all that much different now then before, and i don't have my codex with me right now to confirm.
otherwise i agree more or less it's a solid codex not an necessarily egregiousness codex.
wait
what was that bout aspect warrior getting extra BS and WS?

>>51433938
>>Battle Focus is an unreasonable rule
I don't nessarily agree, guardians would rather tricky to use otherwise. then again i could see them being bullshit on other units.
>>Aspect Host is an unreasonable formation
I don't play formations so i don't know
i also don't use aspect warriors.
>>Warp Spiders are an unreasonable unit
i;d really like that clarified.
>>51433981
>forge world items
come on anons those are not codex units.
Wait swooping hawks are op now?
is that because of the yoyo grenade spam?
otherwise a lot of those units are the same ones they they were in the 4th edition codex.
bar battlefocus.
yeah i could see it being bullshit on firedragons
>>
File: Kirov shipslut.jpg (627KB, 1125x1500px) Image search: [Google]
Kirov shipslut.jpg
627KB, 1125x1500px
>>51433331
that's no submarine, that's airship
>>
>>51434088
An aspect host has you take 3 aspect units and they all get either +1 bs or ws for free.
>>
>>51434047
I had the same thought. Thankfully the semester starts Monday and I can raid my lab session.
>>
>>51434000
Make it a heavy walker so it can actually shoot all it's guns.
Give it 14/14/11 armour.

Suddenly it's cost is justified.
>>
>>51434028
>There's a world of difference between"particularly egregious" and "on the weaker side."
yes especially because i directed it to different two different things.
the codex would not be particularly egregious
the aspect warriors can be on the weaker side sid ethis edition
for instance,
which when factoring the warpsiders were a bit over blown.
also i do not remember the aspect host exists.
I hate formations.
>>51434117
rather bullshit.
>>
>>51434136
>>51434088
>deliberately ignores a massive part of the Eldar codex
>hey, guys, Eldar aren't that bad
Please, stop. We don't need a new shitpost meme started about your stupidity.
>>
>>51434132
Walkers can already shoot all of their guns.
>>
>>51434132

I can already shoot all of it's guns since walkers are relentless by default.
>>
>>51434088

>Guardians would be tricky to use otherwise

No they aren't, you take 20 with 2 Star Cannons and hold a point. Battle Focus just makes Storm Guardians useable. That said no one is complaining about Battle Focus on Guardians - they're complaining about it on Warp Spiders and Fire Dragons.

>I don't play formations or Aspect Warriors

Just because you don't doesn't mean others don't. You're confusing YOUR Eldar with ALL Eldar. Players who are less interested in other people having fun do run those things. For the cost of taking 3 Aspect Warrior units you get +1 BS for free. So for taking 2 units of Warp Spiders you get BS5 spiders.

>I'd like that clarified

Sure - a unit of 9 gets 18 BS5 shots that are S6, wound against I (so wound on 2s against almost every target in the game) and rend on 6s. Not only that they're jet infantry so they get to move 2D6 in the assault phase so they can move 6", run D6", shoot (battle focus), then jump 2D6" in the assault phase. Now lets add to that that they can - when targeted by an enemy unit in the shooting phase - move 2D6" away, if that removes them from range or LoS that unit's shooting is now wasted, they're not allowed to redirect their shooting.

You tell me that's not too good. I own 27 for a reason.
>>
>>51434164
Only 2 without snap firing, if they move.
>>
quick survey boys post

>your army
>your 1RM deadlift
>>
>>51434175

Fucking what? That's not how the rules work at all.
>>
File: genestealer brothers.jpg (64KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
genestealer brothers.jpg
64KB, 720x960px
>>51430722
I made some counts as scout sentinels for my gsc.
>>
Are people in this thread actually trying to argue eldar aren't broken as shit?

>seriously guys just look at tourney placings, eldar easily double out the second best army
>>
>>51434178
>tg
>exercise
>>
>>51433697

I fucking wish.

They're 110 points naked. And I do mean naked because they start with absolutely no wargear.

>>51433675

They're not pretty good. If IA:8 was updated and/or more people were cool with OOP FW stuff showing up in games, they'd be totally supplanted by Gunwagons, because all you really want out of a Battlewagon is getting stuff across the board, and a Gunwagon does it for 50 points less at the cost of 1 frontal armour.

>>51433655

>Leman Russ

If we allow Forgeworld, Battlewagon with Supa-Kannon. If we don't, it doesn't exist. Oh I mean you could stick a Killkannon on a Battlewagon and give it two Big Shootas, which clocks in at 150 points, which is the same as a Leman Russ with Battlecannon. It's also inferior in just about every way to said tank, it's only advantage being an additional hull point.

>Land Raider

Doesn't exist outside of super-heavies like the Battlefortress, which is OOP.

>>51434132

Doesn't even remotely make it justified. Its guns are laughably bad, that's the problem. It's main fucking gun causes, on average, 2.7 wounds on a Guardsmen squad standing in the open.

It's 2 Big Shootas do 2.5.

Oh, and then it has a Skorcha and 2 Rokkits.

Whoop-de-fucking-do.

>Land Raider
>>
So my friend wants to get into 40k and really loves the look of Tyranids and Genestealer Cult. I imagine he'll probably run both.

What's his best bet for getting started on both/either? He knows Tyranids by themselves are rather junky right now but he doesn't mind.
>>
>>51434193
kek
>>
>>51434178
I don't lift heavy shit unless I'm on the clock.
>>
>>51434193
These don't represent what they are trying to be at all. I'll pretty much play against anything but this just comes across as someone trying to cheap out on the hobby.
>>
>>51434178
Nids/BA
>>
>>51433230
If krootox were more accessible (IE not having to gamble with chinaman or convert an 85 dollar model) I'd run the shit out of them. They look like an amazing distraction to throw into the opponent's expensive shit.
>>
>>51434161
>deliberately
>stupidity
anon you cannot claim malice and stupidity either someone deliberately ignores it and is shit posting or someone is stupid and forgets/doesn't pay attention
>>51434174
>that said no one is complaining about Battle Focus on Guardians - they're complaining about it on Warp Spiders and Fire Dragons.
yeah i agree it's rather bullshit
also it would be a rather forced meme
>>51434174
>No they aren't, you take 20 with 2 Star Cannons and hold a point. Battle Focus just makes Storm Guardians useable
fair enough
>You're confusing YOUR Eldar with ALL Eldar.
I agree and i concede.
>You tell me that's not too good.
like i said otherwise man, it was a bit of a rude awaking, I glanced over them and i haven't played consistently since 5e, moving and working has taken over for the time being and i never payed those guys much mind.
>>
>>51434178

Eldar
>>
>>51434273
How's buying hive tyrants and giving them guns from a taurox count as cheaping out on the hobby?
>>
>>51434175

Nope, it's all of them.

They can also fire all of their guns on overwatch.
>>
>>51434178
Orks
After a few months I managed 2 plates
Planning to get right back into it after my holiday
We're all gonna make it
>>
>>51434178
Can't tell what point you're trying to prove

>that people who play 40k don't work out (big surprise)

>that certain armies are populated by runts

>that certain armies are populated by the /fit/ master race
Also
>guard
>Idk what a 1BM deadlift is but my max is 150 because I am a literal Gretchen
>>
>>51434299
>also it would be a rather forced meme
opps that was supposed to go to
>>51434161
>>
>>51434178
>Dark angels
>215 last I checked
>>
>>51434238
Start Collecting and Armoured Assault Boxes. Not too expensive, and you get lots of models. May not be the best though, but I'm not a Tyranid player. But if he doesn't care, it'S probably a good way to start.
>>
>>51433930
Fluffwise, Chaos mutation/corruption/blessings are a lot more subtle than just being marked but yes being attuned to the worship of Nurgle does tend to make you . . . fester a little

>t. FFG player from /40krpg/ parroting semi-canon bullshit
>>
>>51434299
>I agree and i concede.
Thank you for doing this. Most people just go quiet when they realize they were wrong, leaving the people talking wondering if they didn't go too far, or if there's something they missed that the other side is going to bring out when they return.
>>
>>51434238
I'd second >>51434373

Those two boxes have some decent stuff for a basic tyranid force, and has a lot of room to grow. Genestealer cultists could be easy to add on, though they're harder to find a good deal on overall.
>>
>>51434238
What kinda nids does he wanna play? if its kinda swarmy a couple of the armoured assault boxes for them is a amazing as it gives you the unit that pumps out termagants and the gants for the price of the tervigon.
>>
>>51434178

>vanilla space marines
>I-I don't do deadlifts because I'm a faggot who has a home gym on top of hardwood instead of concrete, do you accept bench press records?
>>
>>51432976
Why wouldn't the Imperium just interrogate and execute him?
>>
File: old space wolves - Copy.jpg (1MB, 1174x1729px) Image search: [Google]
old space wolves - Copy.jpg
1MB, 1174x1729px
>>51434348
>Can't tell what point you're trying to prove

girls only play tyranids

in my experience I know a rugby player and a fuckhuge powerlifter that both play space wolves, which almost seems too stereotpyical to be true

>>51434342
damn right breh
>>
I have just over a month left to paint kharn and like 6 units of berzerkers. I'll probably just rock up with them all painted block red because I'm a lazy cunt.

If I can even get my shit back from the cunt holding my army hostage. Swear I'll kill him if I ever see him. Could I feasibly get police (britbong) involved if someone has hundreds of quids worth of my stuff on their property and is refusing to give it back?
>>
>>51434198
running out of fucks counts as cardio
>>
>>51434528
I lost my liftin buddy and pretty much fell out of lifting pretty hard its been months man
>>
>>51434178
Guard. And iIs that to the gut or above head? If prior 110-ish, if latter like 70 tops.
>>
>>51434178
KDK or World Eaters
Fuck knows my 1RM, I was pulling 310 for 5 and rising last time I touched a bar well over a year ago
>>
>>51434398
Well damn, was looking to craft a warband that was more about chemical warfare while taking it easy with the decaying business. Sounds like the RPG books are great on the fluff. Need to look into them for sure.
>>
>>51434414
no worries man.
I was wrong, there isn't anything wrong with sucking it up and admitting that
>>
File: Gulavhar.jpg (278KB, 768x1024px) Image search: [Google]
Gulavhar.jpg
278KB, 768x1024px
So, I'm thinking of buying this guy here and putting a Bloodthirsters head on him, to proxy it as the Void Dragon/Transcendent C'tan.
Would you play against this, or at least think of it as not retarded?
Would the head even fit, regarding the size?
>>
>>51434690
The head of a Bthirster is way too big for that thing from the looks of it.
Would look dumb
>>
>>51434178
CSM/Death Guard
135kg
>>
>>51434630
>deadlift
>above the head

what
>>
>>51434719
I don't like the original head, and a Bloodthirsters head would look more the way I want it. Maybe the Balrogs head would fit, but then I could just use the Balrog to begin with.
>>
>>51434690
What the fuck is this?
>>
>>51434178
Skitarii
Only other board I visit is /fit/ and I'm a former fatty so I've got that fatty strength
>>
>>51434609
I know that feeling man, sucks hard.

Having said that you're doing yourself a disservice not going in and continuing the good work you put in with your buddy, if you stop going now then what was the point of going with your buddy at all?

Just get yourself in there a few times a week and she'll be right
>>
>>51434775
Wow finally someone who isn't a noodle. Assuming all the others have been in lb as well
>>
>>51434775
I'm at he gym rn actually, checking tg between sets of back squat
>>
>>51434775
mirin
>>
>>51434798
you inspire me
>>
>>51434810
Sophomore year of college (4 years ago) I got sick of being fat and not good with ladies and lost 40 pounds.
3 years later I'm fit and get back into 40k kek
>>
>>51431353

>they kept trying to take it despite the ability to just go around it.
>destroyed the planet by overcharging the pylons with so much magic they couldn't hold it all back.
>raise their own Chaos God to fight the other ones.

Fuck me nigger, you didn't get a single thing right.
>>
>>51434772
It's Gulavhar, the terror of Arnor. From the LotR game. I was looking up the Balrog to proxy as Void Dragon, and then found this guy. Aside from the head, it would make for a neat proxy, I think.
>>
>>51433720

>Even without Jetbikes and Wraithknights, Eldar would be one of the best codexes in the game.

Pure delusion. It's the entire crux of every tourney list. Aspect/Guardian/Ranger based armies aren't top tier. You go wraith-scat or you don't go at all.
>>
>>51434828
Good job, losing 10% of bodyweight is quite impressive.
>>
>>51434302
Alright then it's just poorly done and the weapons don't fit what it is supposed to be.
>>
>>51434028
>I'm blaming them for consistently trying to pretend that their codexes aren't utterly amazing. "Waah, Eldar are a skill-intensive army." "Waah, Eldar aren't that good without jetbikes."

This never happens outside your head. I'm on /tg/ all the time and it's always about how the book has the best internal balance in ages. At most it's people pointing out that saying "you can take anything and it will be a top tier list" are spastics.
>>
>>51434945

Have you not payed attention to the rest of this thread? The reason they're the crux of every tournament list is they're the best units in a fucking good book - if they didn't exist there are plenty of units to fill the void and still be a top tier army.
>>
>>51434178

Grey Knights
approaching 600lbs
>>
>>51434975
It literally happened in this very thread. That's what spawned all this. EIDF please go.
>>
>>51433997

ATSKNF and chapter tactics ARE really good rules...then free transports
>>
>>51434955
:^>
>>
>>51434975

It doesn't happen but >>51434945 was literally posted moments before you posted.

>>51434993

That's not a debate, the fact of the matter is Battle Focus is a very good rule, probably too good as an army wide rule. Just because another book has a broken rule doesn't make Battle Focus not good.
>>
>>51434984
The weight YOU can lift, not your scale.
>>
File: 1388172407384.jpg (37KB, 140x191px) Image search: [Google]
1388172407384.jpg
37KB, 140x191px
>>51434174

>Battle Focus makes Storm Guardians useable

What does run shoot run do for an assault unit with 12 inch guns?
>>
>>51434983
>if they didn't exist there are plenty of units to fill the void and still be a top tier army.
In the list >>51433981 made, minus superheavies, the only "unfair" units is Warp Spiders. That's literally fucking it. Nobody ever allied in a bunch of Fire Prisms or War Walkers because they could.

And stop whining about the BS5. Skitarii get BS 5, 6, and 7 as an army-wide rule.
>>
>>51435043
Double melta in an 8 man squad.
>>
>>51435014

>It doesn't happen but >>51434945(You) was literally posted moments before you posted.

There's a difference between not good and not top tier. They aren't top tier without their best units. What you gonna run? Nothing but Spiders? Please tell me what these non-wraith-scat tourney winning lists are please? People seem to be convinced they're top tier without this, but you'll never ever see them suggest a list, because they'd have to know the first thing about an army they're only interested in bitching about.
>>
>>51434987

Please show where in the thread anyone said they're not good without jetbikes.
>>
>>51435095

>>51433648
>>
How can we expect 8th to be any better than the current boring shitfest when gw cant even playtest stuff like Alpha legion formations to know that half the rules straight up do jack shit.
Doesnt give me great confidence.
>>
>>51435095
I'm not interested in playing pin the goalpost on the shitposter. Read the thread and fuck off.

>>51435087
>There's a difference between not good and not top tier.
See, no point in trying to argue with EIDF.
>>
>>51435127
Anon the rules do do something. You get to roll both but they dont stack and let you get them on a 3+ roll instead of a 4+
>>
>>51435043

They can take 2 meltas - that's basically what they exist for. They're a budget ObSec Fire Dragon unit that is surprisingly good in a Warhost.

>>51435045

I play Eldar my man - I'm not whining about anything, I fully understand though why people have a concern with it. Skitarii (another army I play in the form of WarConvo) get their BS boost for 1 turn and suffer a penalty for anything past BS5 so the rule is not similar.

>>51435087

A) Brilliant job exposing yourself as a samefag.

B) You don't see those lists because there is no reason to make them. No one needs to make a tourney winning list without those options. The thought exercise is that even without those units you can still make very good lists, lists that are better than the vast majority of the game. Hell you can revert bikes back to their old rules of 1 Cannon per 3 and they're still a fantastic unit. The point is that - even without those units - the book can still compete against most armies.

Though at this point I'm going to stop responding to you because you're just a samefag who's looking for an argument. Eldar are a top tier book even without their current top tier options - regardless of what you think.
>>
>>51435067

Almost 100 pts for two melta shots? Not including the wave serpent you will 100% need to get them anywhere near a target?
>>
>>51435087
take any tournament-winning eldar list and replace the wraithknight with corpsethief claw and the windriders with cloud dancers

i guess the detachment limit will fuck you a little bit

>>51435146
>BS5 so the rule is not similar.
yeah the loss of weapon skill is really fucking awful in this age of assault-happy armies, i would never EVER trade that for the ability to ignore gets hot with BS6
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (810KB, 1937x1443px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
810KB, 1937x1443px
>>51434074
He was my 4th ever mini painted. Be gentle.
>>
>>51435154

You don't need a wave serpent to get them anywhere near effective thanks to battle focus. They deploy 12, move 6, run and are possibly in range (not 2D6 range but in range) on turn 1. They are almost certainly in 2D6 range on turn 2 unless you're opponent is full out turtling. In a Warhost they're effectively a 12" move unit.

>>51435177

>Never trade that for ignore gets hot with BS6

Not sure where you're going with that? Are we discussing WarConvo's ability or?
>>
>>51435095
in all fairness i wasn't all that well versed in the codex because resent life stuff has kept me out of it after i reentered the tail end of 7.
My opinion can be completely discarded
>>51435122
anon, don't be like that, there was clear ignorance and i conceded the point.
I was not a person well up on the formations nd all the 7e mumbo jumbo and i shot my big fat fucking mouth.

>>51435135
>See, no point in trying to argue with EIDF
despite the fact that i conceded and was never a part of any EIDF.
>>
>>51435180
I was trying drybrushing for the first time and wanted to go for a "caught in a snowstorm effect"...
>>
>>51435154
Only 90, actually, which is about what you would pay for a tactical squad with two meltaguns. Y'know, if they could take them.

It's hard to find a better deal than that on a suicide melta team. It's cheap, it's a troop choice, it has a bit of extra range and mobility with it thanks to battle focus, and it's even good in an assault thanks to multiple weapons and high initiative.

Storm guardians are probably one of the weakest units in the Eldar book and even they still have all these advantages.

Only army that's probably doing better is Farsight Enclaves with a lone crisis troop with two fusion blasters, but that doesn't come with a bunch of meatshields either.
>>
>>51435177

Pro-tip - Cloud Dancers are actually better than Scatbikes anyway.
>>
>>51435199
>Not sure where you're going with that? Are we discussing WarConvo's ability or?
rerolling 1s means says hot basically gets errata'd to: "this rule does nothing"
>>
>>51435146

A: the fact it's my post is exactly why I know that's not at all the point being made. Someone responded to my post and linked my own post as evidence of people saying Eldar aren't good without jetbikes. I never said they weren't good, I said they weren't top tier.

B: I didn't asked you to just assert there are top tier non-wraith scat lists. I aksed you to show me. You play Eldar so you must know what's top tier right? Go on, put your money where your mouth is. Let's see a list that'll beat double demi, Sky hammer or riptide spam. If it's so easy to make them top tier then do it.
>>
>>51434582
In freedom land, that'd normally be a civil dispute. What are the circumstances? Sometimes people are willing to work stuff out though just because the police are there though. Not sure about bongland policing.

Sorry bout your stuff.
>>
Hellhound or LR Eradicator?
>>
>>51435177

>corpsethief claw and the windriders with cloud dancers

So... replace them with things that aren't in the eldar codex? That doesn't really prove the codex is top tier without WKs and scatbikes.
>>
>>51435199

How is your opponent with 24 inches on turn 1? Is this a situation where he's infiltrating or scouting? You're sure as shit not reaching deployment.
>>
>>51435238
I dont know anything about guard on the tabletop but i say hellhound because shooting gouts of fire is cool
>>
>>51435221

Sure

-Warhost
Storm Host Guardian Host - each with double melta, double power weapon
Farseer
3x Vaul's Wratih D-Batteries
Vyper w/Bright Lance
3x Scatter Laser War Walkers
6 Units of 9 War Spiders w/Exarchs in 2 Aspect Hosts

I still have 100 points left to spend on stuff. That literally took me about 5 minutes to come up with and still decimate anything that isn't the best of the best and will go toe to toe BattleCo, Sky Hammer or Riptides.
>>
>>51435271
he's playing theory hammer
effectively speaking getting in range with anything but the longer range stuff should very unlikely first turn but you still have an up to 36 inches of theat with most weapons
but i would never bank on it
>>
>>51435271
Deployment zones are 24 inches apart. If your opponent deployed anything on their line as well, there's a good chance you'll be able to reach it right away.

If not, it's easy enough to have them turtle in cover for a turn, lose some of the non-melta guardians, and then run after the nearest transport to pop it.
>>
https://www.games-workshop.com/en-NZ/Start-Collecting-Daemons-of-Tzeentch
>>
I dont have the Traitor Legions book because im poor.
Can i take both Codex and Legion relics in the same detachment?

And is the book out as a PDF/epub somewhere yet? Google gives me nothing
>>
>>51435301
That's kinda pricey compared to the other boxes, although it does have a lot more stuff in it. Herald, Chariot, Horrors, screamers, and flamers.

Seems like it'd still be a decent deal at least.
>>
>>51435316
It's in NZ dollars. Apparently all the other Start Collecting boxes are 165 NZD as well, so should likely be 85 USD like all the others.
>>
>>51435316
It's the same price. Those are the kiwi bucks prices. That would be a huge rip-off in burger bucks.
>>
File: 1482234659755.png (38KB, 318x472px) Image search: [Google]
1482234659755.png
38KB, 318x472px
>>51435209
>its hard to find a better deal than that on suicide melta team

>70pts for 3+/6++
>40pts for the rhino
>60 for the immolator
>troops
>double melta
>optional combi

People forget about troop meltas because Dominions exists, but they're a fine troop for Castellans.
>>
>>51435380
>playing a meme army
As a nids player i feel for you
>>
>>51435306
>Can i take both Codex and Legion relics in the same detachment?
Probably. Everyone else can, but it's got the GW standard "slightly change the wording so that nobody knows what's going on." We're lucky it didn't get FAQ'd.

I believe there was an Epub in the old mega. Guess you'll have to wait for a reup.
>>
>>51435367
>>51435370
Ah, my bad. Didn't realize it was in kangaroo dollars.

That seems like it could be a fairly nice deal then.
>>
>>51435380
People see that Sisters have a limited army and think that it means what they do have isn't good. Sisters are fine power level wise, they just don't really have a good answer in-codex to TEQ/MC's. They do fine against hordes and armor.
>>
not complaining at all, but what's with all the Tzeentch love suddenly? Can we expect Nurgle and Slaanesh?
>>
>>51435395

Been playing them since 4th edition. Back then, I could walk into a store and pick up an immolator for $35.

>>51435420

Our general answer is "Bring more melta," but now we have a source of massed combi-plasma, so that's something at least.
>>
>>51435292

>Storm guardian host
>Vauls Wrath
>Vyper
>In tourneys

Watch the fuck out Space Marines! Your turn 1 assault is gonna have to get past overwatch from these mean hombres! They have two entire power weapons at s3! That'll kill one whole marine on average!

As expected the list is 60% warp spiders and nothing else. How many tourneys you taken with this?
>>
Dark eldar fluff is so fun to read

>>Vect deploys several of his more esoteric arcane weapons within the chamber itself, ingenious failsafes that include temporal flux-mines, the Seventh Shard, and a tri-prismic dimensional mirror keyed to hurl anything reflected in its surface into the heart of a sun.
>>
>>51435448
Tzeentch has always been the most popular god after Khorne and I know your feel. I certainly hope so, but Slaanesh is probably gonna get BTFO by Ynnead soon.
>>
>>51435459

>'I WAS JUST TRYING TO FIND THE BATHROOM'
>Screamed Luthaniel as his soul was banished to a space within spaces
>>
>>51435448
I've got my fingers crossed for at least a Daemons of Slaanesh box. Been wanting to get into the tabletop game and the SC boxes are pretty neat.
>>
>>51433692
It's also easier to paint them that way.
>>
>>51435459
He will need all that when the nids get out
>>
>>51435471

>Tzeentch has always been the most popular god after Khorne

I thought it was Nurgle given the number of units dedicated to Nurgle are right behind Khorne.
>>
>>51435457

Why would I play it in a tournament when I have better choices? Just because it isn't as good as the other options in my book doesn't mean it's not better than most of the rest of the meta.

Also who cares if 60% of the army is spiders they're fucking amazing and not a bike or wraith knight
>>
>>51435511
I thought that was mainly a factor of it being easy to come up with Nurgle stuff

>We need a new Chaos unit
>Already made a Khorne thing
>Do we want to trip acid and try to make some weird 4th dimensional Tzeentch unit?
>Or cover a tank in intestines and boils and call it a day?
>>
>>51435448
>one new kit
>re-boxing of old stuff
That's not exactly a torrent of love. Hell, it's not even clear yet whether we're going to see new rules for the Lord of Change. I really hope we do. I'd love to see a shooty version that can actually make good use of Divination. Nurgle already has a Start Collecting, and the Glottkin makes a great GUO.
>>
I'm super new to playing 40k, and I'd like to start with an emperor's children army, what do I need to buy?
If I'm just making a 500 point army to start, what are my best options?
>>
>>51435549
Well, there was also Wrath of Magnus and all the AoS stuff. I feel like they might make a variant Lord of Change along the same line as the Bloodthirster in order to help push the new model as well.

I'd expect to see a Nurgle release after that, and then Slaanesh ignored once more.
>>
>>51435576
Wrath of Magnus was pretty lackluster. The Thousand Sons half is insultingly bad, and the Tzeentch Daemons stuff is pretty evenly divided between OP as fuck and complete shit.
>>
>>51435560
You'll probably want some Noise Marines, though the upgrade kit can be rather pricey for the quantity you'd want. About 2-3 squads would be what to aim for, maybe 15 marines total. I would suggest doing a conversion for the sonic blasters, like shaving down the magazines and barrels off bolters and putting something musical-looking in its place.

Rhinos with Dirge casters are a good and fitting addition, as would be some bikes or raptors for added mobile units. A Chaos Lord or Sorcerer is your best option for an HQ.
>>
>>51435448
>Slaanesh
No. GW seem pretty committed to writing Slaanesh out of all of their settings.
>>
>>51435506
It would be fucking hilarious if they had everybody sitting around the door, Imperium and Eldar all, waiting for Chaos to best through the rattling door with thrice-sanctified weapons and high-level blanks at the ready, but when the door bashed open it was actually tyranids who poured through the door and ate everyone.

Or Orks.
>>
>>51433415
Bad. That will be tedious to build and paint, a chore to play as and it won't even be very effective. You could drop one unit of hormagaunts and make your tyrant a flyrant and then also buy a hive crone. You're also paying the 30 gaunt tax for a 120 point unit of unupgraded termagants so what, you can take a tervigon as a troops choice even though you have an unfilled HQ slot?
>>
>>51435636
Not teen friendly which is their largest growth demographic.

Don't want the mum of some spoilt kid spotting a tiny plastic boob when she's about to drop £200 on the kids new hobby.
>>
>>51435488
>dammit vect put a sheet over that thing, our guests keep getting flung into a sun
>>
>>51435780
Don't worry about the part where this entire setting is about people killing each other with chainsaws, a boob is too horrific for words.
>>
>>51435824
Also don't forget the part where this weird sex faction is a quarter of the army that's literally called Demons anyway.

I'd imagine a good christian mom would be fleeing to the hills regardless.
>>
>>51430495
I'm not making a new OP, this time.
>>
File: aqw.jpg (229KB, 1147x861px) Image search: [Google]
aqw.jpg
229KB, 1147x861px
"these three pieces are designed to be a trilogy"

"I'am still working on tle last piece but I plan to make it brighter and more golden, like a spark of hope in a galaxy of darkness"
>>
File: Changeling_5th_ed.jpg (88KB, 873x627px) Image search: [Google]
Changeling_5th_ed.jpg
88KB, 873x627px
How do you make this guy viable? The lack of a melee weapon means that even if he picks up a decent statline from his opponent, he's just going to bounce of their armor. At least he's cheap, but he just doesn't do anything.
>>
>>51435824
>people killing each other with chainsaws, a boob is too horrific for words

We live in a fucking weird society.
>>
>>51435879
>inb4 Stormcast eternals making their way into 40k as the Emperor's daemons
>>
>>51435879
>Spark of hope in a galaxy of darkness
Tau confirmed. Sweet. Give me a cool Ethereal, Cadre Fireblade, and a sweet ass commander suit.
>>
>>51435766
If i wanted to have something easy to paint i would play Marines which i already do I'm not a big fan of flyrants actually i think they look silly. I kinda fucked the order up as i am using one of the tervigons as a HQ choice.
>>
File: 1465936953.jpg (244KB, 850x1206px) Image search: [Google]
1465936953.jpg
244KB, 850x1206px
>>51435879
>golden

Emprah getting reincarnated?

Maybe the the Mechanicum/Radical Inquisitors actually managed to get the Adarki Aeldari to keep their end of the bargain and heal him?
>>
>>51435879
>plan to make it brighter and more golde

BIG FUCKING E IS COMING
>>
>>51435879
girlyman 4 sure
>>
>>51435902
Now that I think about it...replacing the first 2 with Xenos commanders would be fucking cool.
>>
>>51435916
DRUKHARI
>>
>>51435885
Hey, man, we can't risk tainting those poor impressionable children with sexual ideas. Everyone knows that teens are chaste as hell.
>>
>>51435902
>spehs gommunism
>a spark of hope

Just no.
>>
>>51435931
Bless you.
>>
>>51435879
lol Emperor of mankind comming?
Perhaps what Cawl carries something
in his reliquary at the end of fall of cadia
>>
>>51435902
I'll settle for a generic xv-22, since we've got nine Shadowsun duplicate armors running around, with options that let us look like the DoW assholes.

Also, a Tau-Guard list.

Aaaaand Anghkor Prok can come back.
>>
>>51435942

REEEEEE
>>
>>51435935
>Communism
>Doesn't know that a dedicated class system is the farthest thing from commies and only uses meme words because it's cool to hate Tau
It's a utilitarian dictatorship, educate yourself.
>>
>>51435959
DrukaREEEEE?
>>
Why is Disciples of Tzeentch so much better than any recent 40k release? It has tons of interesting new rules, a boat-load of formations to cover pretty much any conceivable combination of Tzeentch miniatures, and it's cheap. How is there such a difference between the two systems?
>>
>>51435180
>painting an HQ as your 4th miniature
>before you even have a playable army to use it in

What's the point? You didn't get enough experience yet on only three miniatures, and even after you do your could-have-been-better paintjob, you still can't use him. Unless you don't really play and just wanted to see how it'd turn out I guess.
>>
>>51435902
Swap out the Commander suit for a Kroot character and you've got a deal.
>>
File: 1442000426293.png (1MB, 1031x1281px) Image search: [Google]
1442000426293.png
1MB, 1031x1281px
>>51435879
>golden
>a spark of hope in a galaxy of darkness

SIGMAR BITCHES!!
>>
File: New Dark Eldar name.jpg (196KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
New Dark Eldar name.jpg
196KB, 1280x960px
>>51435969
What!? WHAT DO YOU PEOPLE WANT!?
>>
>>51435969
Alright, I kek'd.
>>
>>51435914
Flying monstrous creatures are the saving grace of the tyranid codex, you need to use them if you want to ever win in high points games.

Also 3 separate zoanthropes, it's like you don't even want a neurothrope.
>>
>>51435879
>>51435944
or Sanguinus resurrected by ynnead
>>
>>51435879
My money is on them adding the Custodes to 40k in a limited fashion, just need to add some fluff about things getting so desperate that even the Emprah's personal guard are needed blah blah blah
>>
>>51436015
>>51436015
>>51436015

New general
>>
>>51436027
>New general
same suffering
>>
>>51436012
oO sanguinus yeeees
>>
>>51435933
It is the goal of raising a male child to have them completely avoid any kind of sexual behavior until they're 18 and safely shipped off to the military/college.

This will not result in them marrying the first woman they meet in a bar who touches their penis.
>>
>>51435824
Western society is weird, mate.

You'll see moms buying GTA/Resident Evil, etc. for their kids, but as soon as they hear there's any sort of nudity or sex in a game they'll say no.

Gore's totally fine though!
>>
File: 145694567449.jpg (498KB, 1102x626px) Image search: [Google]
145694567449.jpg
498KB, 1102x626px
>>51435961
>B..bu..but it's not spehs gommunism

Sounds like something a commie would say.
>>
>>51436056
>resident evil
>literally jam packed with body-horror monster tentacle rape-murder
but OH GOD NO NOT A NORMAL BOOB
>>
>>51436056

Sexual assault is more common than violent mass murder.
>>
>>51435880
Isn't there a power that grants Smash? If he can get that one then he can do fine.
>>
>>51436099
what does that have to do with anything
Thread posts: 482
Thread images: 54

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.