[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Vancian magic-users spend decades coaxing individual spells

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: 1212598923285.jpg (473KB, 1283x1760px) Image search: [Google]
1212598923285.jpg
473KB, 1283x1760px
>Vancian magic-users spend decades coaxing individual spells to lodge in their brains. Wizards HATE to cast, but if you force them, they'll fuck you up.

>Old school wizards were expected to quest for each new spell, the way a fighter might quest for an artifact weapon.

>Modern wizards are just assumed to have access to every spell as soon as they qualify for it. Including Mordenkainen's Fifteen Minute Adventuring Day.

> Now people bitch that Wizards > Muggles.

Well, no shit.

Just needed to vent that out of my spleen.
>>
Stop playing 3.5/Pathfinder. Move up to 5e where casters are basically a toolbox for the party to use and need to stay in the back row when combat starts because they can't go buff-mania anymore and their d6 hit dice actually matters.
>>
>>51428530
Yes, D&D magic worked better before it was ripped out of its context and rules framework and inexpertly planted into an untested alpha version of pen and paper Diablo, which was then released as a finished product and accepted as holy writ by generations of vast assburgers.
>>
Magic points or get out.
>>
>>51428757
>Magic points or get out.

Inb4

>"but I don't like to track MP"
>Tracks spells slots and HP

It's fine as long as you keep the numbers smallish no more than 100 total MP. A shitty MP systems give you shit like 127 MP and have individual spells cost 13 points each or some bullshit.
>>
>>51428875
Or you could just use a digital character sheet made in Excel or something and never have to worry about any of that shit again.
>>
>>51428530
Wow, it's almost like the developers for 3rd edition didn't know why half of the limitations on spellcasters existed!
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.