[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Unruly Newbies

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

File: Fucking With The DM.jpg (114KB, 640x1440px) Image search: [Google]
Fucking With The DM.jpg
114KB, 640x1440px
Hey guys, got a new Pathfinder campaign going with some relatively new players (I'm DM)

2 of the players (alchemist, bard) have done nothing to help the party and just fuck off and steal from crowds and burglarized the house of an assassinated dwarven magistrate.

The other 3 players are at a fighters' tournament where more npc assassinations are happening and they just want to advance the story.

How can i get the 2 jackoffs to at least be party oriented (let alone story oriented) in their play?
>>
>>51425147
See
>>51424155

tl;dr: Communication
>>
File: GM accomodates Players.jpg (41KB, 500x282px) Image search: [Google]
GM accomodates Players.jpg
41KB, 500x282px
>>51425147
Tell the jackoffs it's a team-based game and they don't seem to want to be team players, so that's why you're kicking them out of the group. Then wish them luck with Skyrim or whatever their murderhobo simulator of choice is.
>>
>>51425147
Switch to a system that supports party-oriented or story-oriented play.
>>
>>51425259
Oh look, another "I hate pathfinder" drone making false-equivalence strawman arguments that have nothing to do with the topic being discussed. Thanks for your input, go shit up another thread now, thanks.
>>
>>51425286
Oh look, another Pathfinder drone unconvincingly trying to defend his system with buzzwords that have nothing to do with the post being replied to. If you want to do more than just shit up the thread, why don't you explain to me how Pathfinder doesn't not support party-oriented or story-oriented play?
>>
>>51425448
Oh no, I completely agree Pathfinder sucks, I just don't come onto unrelated threads to bitch about it. People are allowed to play whatever system they find find fun.
>>
>>51425448
The game doesn't force the players to work together, only encourages, like nearly every other game out there.
The only games I can think of where group cooperation is an imperative is... Werewolf, old and new. It's difficult for me to figure out what you are actually complaining about.
The game doesn't force players to work together, respecting the individual player's independence and personal initiative?
>>
>>51425259
>this kind of thing can only happen in games I don't like
You must not play any games.
>>
I recently brought my sibling to a one-shot run by my best bud. His two brothers, myself, and my sibling, were players.

My sibling played an elf druid named Toaster Oven. One of the brothers played a lawful evil sorcerer named 'Paul Poutine'.
He tried to Witch Bolt an AC16 guard the moment he saw him and we all got killed.
>>
>>51425147
Communication.
Just straight up tell them that this is a game about solving mysteries, not random burglary and murderhoboing. And that if they aren't interested in that, the game may not be for them. Excuses like "I totally would but my character isn't" shall be met with "well make a new character that is, then"
>>
File: GG.png (237KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
GG.png
237KB, 640x480px
>>51425448
>Words I don't understand are BUZZWORDS, that means I win!
>>
You might have to add more incentive for these guys to follow the story. Obviously they're more interested in the phat loots than the story, so just hint that there will be opportunities for them to roll their skill checks for loot at story locations, in this instant you could tell them what the first prize for the tournament is, or that there will be many drunk nobles in attendance. You just have to win over one player and the other will follow.

If that fails, just perma them. Have them get busted and executed or something. They can roll a new pc or leave the table.

You could ask them to focus on the story quests, and reason with them that you'll add more opportunities for them to skill check for loot, but ultimately, I think, if they aren't interested in the story, you can't force them to be interested otherwise they'll just find other ways to fuck you around.

It would be better if you just fucked them off, your remaining players who are invested in your story will enjoy having more of your attention, than having to wait while you cut away to entertain two fuckers in another location pursuing their pointless IC and OOC selfish agender .
>>
>>51425219
/thread

You goddamm autistic fucks, speak with your players/gms before asking for advice on basic human communication.
>>
>>51425544
What are you even quoting?
>>
>>51425630
In that particular case the person in question is just throwing out buzzwords. Neither a strawman, nor a false equivalency argument are being made.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.