[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>one piece of paper costs as much as two ten feet ladders

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

>one piece of paper costs as much as two ten feet ladders
>>
>>51422497
Welcome to the pseudo-medieval era, where producing paper without automation is a bitch.
>>
>>51422497
>D&D
>>
>>51422497

Paper, not parchment or scrolls, but actual modern thin paper was extremely luxurious and expensive in more primitive eras.
>>
>>51422497
Wood literally grows on trees and there was an abundance of it. Paper on the other hand was a big fucking deal and was expensive to make until the 1800s.

Also it's not really a "piece" of paper, but a very large sheet.
>>
>>51422497
at least they fixed the 10 foot ladder to pole exploit.
>>
>>51423626
It's not really an exploit. I'm questioning more the fact that a pole weighs less than a third of a ladder.
>>
>>51423695
the exploit was that in an older edition (3.x i think) a ladder was less than twice the value of a pole, so if you had a dm who did everything by the book you could get infinite money by just buying ladders and breaking them into 2 poles to sell.
>>
>>51423695
>I'm questioning more the fact that a pole weighs less than a third of a ladder.
the rungs have weight as well.
>>
>>51423763
This operates on the assumption that:
>Merchants have infinite money
And
>Merchants want hundreds, if not thousands of poles
>>
>>51423828

Yep, it's a "this is your brain on videogames" problem.
>>
>>51423848
Also implies that they have hundreds if not thousands of ladders. Not to mention that ladders tend to not be "poles" in the first place
>>
>>51423763
This is such a stupid idea, I love that it got popularized so much despite that.

>go to store
>buy 4 pack of canned green beans
>they only cost the price of 3
>return each can individually
>infinite money!!!
>>
>>51423896
Whelp, people on /tg/ making fun of my day job.
>>
>>51422497
I can go into a shop today and buy two ladders with one piece of paper today.

What is this wizardry?
>>
>>51423896
You laugh but this is actually possible to do in real life.
>>
File: 46202280.jpg (61KB, 354x256px) Image search: [Google]
46202280.jpg
61KB, 354x256px
>>51425212
"Can I see your receipt, sir?"
"CURSES!! FOILED AGAIN!!"
>>
>>51423626
It was never an exploit.
The ladder is made of wood, the pole of iron.
>>
>>51425227

I had a kek, good sir.

But you can haggle the crap out of plenty of places, they want happy customers more than anything. Hell, once when I was broke and hadn't eaten for like two days I called a pizza store and said they owed me a pizza, actually recieved one from them.
>>
>>51425922
in most edditions the pole and ladder are both of unspecified material.
>>
>>51426377
In most editions the weight for the ladder would be that of a wooden ladder, while the weight of the pole would be that of an iron pole.
>>
File: 64138791.jpg (53KB, 400x330px) Image search: [Google]
64138791.jpg
53KB, 400x330px
>>51426462
>>
>>51424056
underrated
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.