[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anti-imperial non-chaos humans

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: Rebel militia.jpg (129KB, 960x478px) Image search: [Google]
Rebel militia.jpg
129KB, 960x478px
are there any notable imperial rebellions that didn't have chaos backing?

what happen'd to them? did any succeed?

how common are non-chaos dissidents?

were there any rebellions that the imperium just ignored?

asking because my GM says that there are no rebels that aren't in some way chaos aligned, and that even if they weren't corrupted they would be almost immediately after, while my bro says they are as common as chaos rebellions and that the only reason we don't see any is because they were easily crushed or just wernt mentioned or joined the Imperium after the planatary governor was killed/the ruling government collapsed
>>
>>51420078
There's the something protectorate which is all Roman themed.
>>
>>51420091
Could you give me a name? Already tried searching but my googlefu is pretty shit
>>
>>51420078
Your bro is correct. They're extremely common to the point that they're not interesting enough for the war game, which is why they never seem to come up. If the rebellion is only against the local government and the rebels are still cool with keeping their tithe to the Imperium, then the Imperium doesn't interfere.

The ones that are chaos backed tend to escalate into crazy apocalyptic situations, which makes much more sense for the war game.
>>
>>51420078
There's genestealer cults.
>>
>>51420203
It's called the Severan Dominate. There's a ton on it in the various Only War books. It's an area the equivalent of a sub-sector that is trying to break away from Calixus sector. The Sector Lord basically laughed it away, sent a bunch of regiments to deal with it and everyone in the Calixus sector forgot about it...except for the people actually doing the fighting.
>>
>>51420254
Thanks, looking it up
>>
>>51420078
>are there any notable imperial rebellions that didn't have chaos backing?
The Severan Dominate if you go by FFG

>what happen'd to them? did any succeed?
They're being crushed to death by Imperial attrition

>how common are non-chaos dissidents?
Rare. Whenever they crop up in the fluff they end up being chaos controlled in secret.

>were there any rebellions that the imperium just ignored?
Unlikely, save for those who fell through the bureaucratic cracks.
>>
>>51420278
>not chaos aligned
>leader influenced by dark Eldar
>couldbeworse.jpeg
>>
They succeed all the time, but the smart ones still pay the tithe or are so out-of-the-way and/or lost in Administratum paperwork that nobody notices.

The Imperium doesn't really interfere in the ground wars of its own constituents. Heck, many SM chapter homeworlds engage with some frequency in tribal warfare (Scars, Wolves). Helps create a body of experienced and strong recruits who are veterans from the get-go.
>>
>>51420078

Loads. Shit happens all the time it's just so un-noteworthy as to never really be mentioned. Since the bureaucracy of the Imperium is such a lumbering hulk entire worlds can sometimes get lost or forgotten. Any time anything does come up it's because there's something is going on behind the scenes which is why your GM has the perception that it's always like that and why your bro is actually correct.
>>
>>51420078
http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Constantinus_Iconoclasm

http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Nova_Terra_Interregnum

I think the in-universe reason we don't see many non-Chaos rebellions is because the Imperium's measures for suppressing Chaos worship, while barbaric, are effective, and those who throw off the shackles of Imperial rule are already halfway down that slippery slope to corruption that by the time the rebellion gains any momentum they might as well be carving eight-pointed stars into their faces.
>>
>>51420278
>>51420254
>>51420620

Those Romans got fucking destroyed by Tallarans if I recall
>>
>>51421065
Was that published anywhere? They were fighting a losing battle from their first mention in the corebook, but I don't recall them being decisively defeated. They were being set up as one of many enemies in the Spinward Front that the PCs could potentially tangle with.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.