[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Redpill me on Spelljammer. More specifically, how does it jive,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

Redpill me on Spelljammer.
More specifically, how does it jive, like, at all, with the established lore? I understand that it's supposed to arguably fit seamlessly, as Planescape does, but, like... no?
Wizards and Clerics capable of casting Plane Shift are, presumably, fairly rare in most settings, and even were they not, the limitations of that spell are pretty considerable from the perspective of a society rather than an adventuring party, and so the setting as a whole would probably be unchanged by planar travel of that sort. But, like, spaceships, man? How the fuck is Toril or Oerth or wherever-the-fuck not constantly buzzing with interstellar traffic and shit?

Like I love the concept and idea of Spelljammer, I just have no clue how to resolve this obvious logical issue.
>>
Hopeful bump.
>>
>>51415961
Because all the worlds are contained in their own spheres, some are harder or easier to get to, the spelljammers have limit atmosphere and have to "restock" somewhere with it's own atmosphere to refresh it, and most people with a spelljamming helm are pretty secretive about it to keep it from getting targeted or stolen.
>>
>>51415961
First, Toril and Oerth were just two out of a few thousand or more known spheres. Second, spelljammers were kinda rare. Third, when WoTC took over, they dropped everything SJ related except for a few hints in the fluff.
Fourth, when SJ was active, those worlds were buzzing with interstellar traffic.
>>
>>51416982
Absolutely disgusting how they're pulling off much weirder shit in MTG now, but Spelljammer has to stay dead.
>>
>>51415961
British Hippoman with a shotgun.

Wolf Men from Beyond the Stars as Roman Expansionist from beyond the stars with their gods trapped in a machine to fuel their villainy.

A KRYNN Deathknight, important distinction from regular Deathknight, rules the Lawful Guild of Pirates in his gigantic Adamantine hulled ship that HE LIGHTS ON FUCKING FIRE IN THE COMBUSTIBLE FLOGISTAN BETWEEN CRYSTAL SPHERES! Especially if they are pirates who don't pay him their dues. Especially.

Haughty kinda racist space elves trying to be space cops.

The Ogre King and his Iron Dukes built the Kingship to launch the true offensive of the Second Unhuman War, a battlestation capable of destroying a planet.

Being among the stars have uplifted once savage Orcs into the regimented and cunning Scro, who still have their enmity toward the elves as they join ranks with the Ogre King.

Beware the power unlocked by the Witchlight Key and the horror it can release across a whole system.
>>
>>51415961
Spelljammer works just fine, in D&D lore. Like psionics, it is canon-optional to D&D.

Forgotten Realms is buzzing with interstellar traffic.

But the "hundreds of known crystal spheres" thing posted earlier isn't accurate. There are just a few. Moving out of a sphere is just as hard as reaching the planes. Moving between spheres is just as dangerous as navigating the planes.

If you are going to run a spelljammer campaign, though, just run the Astromundi cluster (the spelljamming sphere). It's a sphere where the two main planets crashed and exploded. So it is a few different disks of planitesimals surrounding their central stars. The further starward you go, the more the central empires have a presence. The further shellwards you travel, the more space and less habitation.

Also Spelljammer Scro and Elves are awesome. Giff are fantastic. And the Neogi are the best bad-guy race ever.

Also? Saying "redpill me on" makes me want to punch you in your retarded face
>>
File: 1481517271330.jpg (357KB, 1920x1280px) Image search: [Google]
1481517271330.jpg
357KB, 1920x1280px
>>51417790
>triggered by 'redpill'
Do you know where you are?
>>
>>51417899
/tg/

Not the shithole, containment board that has replaced /b/ as the flecks of toilet paper still stuck to hairs around the internet's anus.

/tg/ is a perfectly good board. Take your retarded memes back to your hellhole.
>>
File: safe space.png (346KB, 757x1134px) Image search: [Google]
safe space.png
346KB, 757x1134px
>>51417790
Do you need a safe space?
>>
>>51417954
>I want to talk about spelljammer
>jk I want to post my retarded memes
>>>/pol/
>>
>>51417950
Have you been to /tv/ or basically any other board besides /tg/ in, say, the last decade? If there is a containment board, it's /tg/, not /pol/. I say this as a fan of /tv/ and a ~libcuck~

This website is basically different from Stormfront in that you're allowed to say nigger. That's basically it. If you can't deal with the polstaffel shitting on everything while you search for diamonds in the rough, I suggest going to tumblr or leddit because these next four years especially will be rough for you here.
>>
>>51418046
>>>/pol/
>>
>>51418086
>>>/qa/
>>
File: calm down princess.png (119KB, 392x366px) Image search: [Google]
calm down princess.png
119KB, 392x366px
>>51417790
>>
>>51415961
>Redpill me on Spelljammer.
"A knight standing on the deck of a ship in space. He doesn’t freeze. He doesn’t blow up. He doesn’t float away. Everything that follows comes out of that one image, which is captured (with more to it as well) on the final cover Jeff Easley did. All what people have called “Grubbian Physics” with its air envelopes and its gravity planes, comes from creating a universe where that image is true." -Jeff Grubb

>But, like, spaceships, man?
It's an Age of Sail setting. The aren't spaceships, they're boats.
They just happen to be in space.
Think "Treasure Planet"

>How the fuck is Toril or Oerth or wherever-the-fuck not constantly buzzing with interstellar traffic and shit?
Toril *is* buzzing with traffic, especially in the major cities.
Kara-Tur is even trying failing to expand into space.

Oerth doesn't get too much traffic, but it's sphere does (it lies on a major trade route).
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.