[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Souls-based Campaign

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: GvngMOH.jpg (566KB, 2999x1279px) Image search: [Google]
GvngMOH.jpg
566KB, 2999x1279px
Basically, I've started DMing a Souls-based campaign that I made and wanted to test out. My problem is that I need some help one of the mechanics.

Basically, there is "purity" and "sanity".

Purity prevents "Curse" while sanity prevents "Berserk".

Berserk causes the character to attack the nearest living being indiscriminately.

Yet what should curse do? I've already ran with this for a bit, so I don't want to remove it. I asked a friend (who isn't in the campaign) and he said that I should make it cut their stats.

What do you think I should make curse do, /tg/?
>>
>>51415479
well what behaviours should a PC with high/low curse be encouraged to engage in from a fictional standpoint?
>>
>>51415668
I'm not exactly sure.

In the setting that this is in, the players are among the undead. You know, hollows and stuff. It's a process of rotting after death, if that makes things clearer.

The main thing is that curse is an affliction that happens upon the character's purity being drained completely. As berserk focuses on the loss of coherent thought, perhaps curse could focus on something that inhibits or alters the body.

Sorry if what I'm saying is a mess. I was put on the spot when it came to DMing, so I never got around to truly getting the mechanics of this sorted out.
>>
>>51415797
Does "purity" refer to moral purity or humanity? As in, does "Curse" represent becoming amoral or losing emotion/will?
>>
>>51415479
terrible ideas
>>
>>51415479

What is the point of either of them? What do they add to the game experience, and what do they have to do with the Souls series?

If Sanity is meant to be something close to Hollowing, that's a really dull surface level interpretation of what it actually means.

Hollowing is all about losing your willpower, your drive to go on. In a game, it shouldn't be a mechanic. It should be a factor of roleplaying for the players to consider- That each and every Undead is keenly aware of it, that each death erodes their will, having to fight harder and harder to remain who they are.

I can see why it's tempting to apply mechanics to that principle, but don't. Just don't. It's dumb, and it takes away a lot of the impact.
>>
>>51415479
In the second one, you lost max HP every time you died without reversing hollowing.

Try that.
>>
>>51415479
>I've started DMing a Souls-based campaign
Unless it's a campaign for one person... there' no way in hell it could work. Sorry.
>>
The beautiful thing about Souls is that it only works as a video game.
Stop trying to make it work for any other medium.

What the fuck are you going to do? Hand out lore cards? Probably not.
Just leave shit unexplained?
Or actually explain stuff, completely missing the point?
>>
>>51418946
>>51418992

I think it can work as long as you're flexible. You're not going to create an experience akin to the Souls games, but you can create one roughly analogous to them, adapted to the RPG medium. A lot of things don't cross enough, but enough do that there's still some value in the attempt.
>>
>>51418946
Several systems have previously been made on /tg/ for every soul setting ever
Bloodborn's on the list, as well as a something set in a futuristic setting called Lost source with robots
All of these at least had oneshots done for their various versions, and the Bloodborne one I think is still running as a campaign
>>
>>51420376
Oh, and other settings exist as well
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.