[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/mtg/ modern general

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 316
Thread images: 24

File: Slider_MTG_creatures.jpg (32KB, 590x359px) Image search: [Google]
Slider_MTG_creatures.jpg
32KB, 590x359px
Basically the same topics as the last thread. But also I was wondering, do you think any cards from the new set will be played but haven't emerged yet? If so which ones?

How do you feel about Wizards banning and unbanning more frequently?

Is fatal push as good as everyone says? I haven't played with it desu, and haven't seen it played.

Last thing, why isn't footsteps hulk played while grishoalcannon is? Footsteps hulk goes off and you just win, can't fizzle, is it because grishoalcannon is at instant speed? Idk man, I just want to play combo in modern.
>>
anyone have stonemans storefront? or the latest gen proxies
>>
>>51411245
Pls don't already start with this shit, everytime someone brings it up the thread just turns into a shitfest
>>
Anyone play eldrazi tron? Been wanting to build it once I finish burn but I'd like to know if it's worth it
>>
Wizards can fuck off with the bannings, which they should have done when they got rid of the modern pt. The only thing frequent bannings do is scare players and put people in a state of paranoia, as well as cater to the loudest majority which isn't always good for the health of the game. When cards get banned it should be because they're problematic like Skullclamp and artifact lands not because they hurt some scrubs fee fees.
The recent banning of probe and what I see people crying for to be banned currently, make this banning shit a very, very slippery slope in terms of cards and power levels in modern.
>>
>>51411286
It's in no way better than bant eldrazi except for the fact that sometimes it cheeses out wins with chalice, that's all. It's okay, never be better than tier 2 though
>>
>>51411277
Found it ;^)
>>
>>51411208
The OPs have been shit the last couple of weeks. Bring back the competitive general with the meta breakdown. Casuals and poorfags can fuck off to the EDH general
>>
>How do you feel about Wizards banning and unbanning more frequently?
Hopefully it means they'll play with the banlist more to unban things for a bit to see how they shake out.
>Is fatal push as good as everyone says? I haven't played with it desu, and haven't seen it played.
It'll replace a few Paths, maybe a few Bolts depending on the deck. I doubt you'll see it played as a 4-of in a deck that's more than 1 color. It's more a supplement to the current removal suite than a major game-changer.
>Last thing, why isn't footsteps hulk played while grishoalcannon is? Footsteps hulk goes off and you just win, can't fizzle, is it because grishoalcannon is at instant speed? Idk man, I just want to play combo in modern.
Probably has more to do with the availability of the cards. More people have Grizzlebee in their collections, so they build what can work with that.
>>
>>51411318
Twin did nothing wrong
>>
>>51411318
>t. ass-ravaged infect player
>>
>>51411344
Tiers are usage based. Some decks may perform better than usual depending on local and overall metagames
>>
>>51411350
Do you really need to see the meta breakdown every day you whiny cunt? At least these ops have questions and sometimes get a decent conversation going.
>>
>>51411350
If you don't like the general post, make it yourself next time. It's what I do, or when it goes a bit before someone makes a new one.

On the other hand the generals with meta decks and whatnot are usually a lot slower without the questionnaire. Probably needs a hybrid of both.
>>
>>51411375
Naya Burn and Lantern actually, but hey you'll probably feel the same when they start banning powerful cards from your deck just because people don't like it regardless of your decks status in the metagame.
>>
>>51411407
>Naya Burn and Lantern actually
Oh now I see why you don't like it when they try to make the format more interactive.
>>
>>51411390
I'm op and I agree, someone should think up a basic format and guidelines for these generals to appease all the people coming, I don't feel like doing it now, maybe over the course of the next few threads I'll include in the op what people would like to see in the generals
>>
>>51411382
Booty-bothered casual detected "R8 my home-brew. No H8, plz"

>>51411390
I would, but the old thread is still IN THE FUCKING CATALOG and hasnt even hit bump limit yet as of when i entered this thread
>>
>>51411420
>banning twin
>more interactive
Also lantern is interactive for a good portion of the game until the whole lock is assembled.

I'm also interested in what you play if you're even going to try and pull the "non-interactive" buzzword shit.
>>
>>51411459
What's the new bump limit? 310?
>>
>>51411208
Narset meme list pls
>>
>>51411208
I played Hulk Footsteps for a while about a year ago. Lots of fun and suprisingly good. I think the reasons people don't play it are twofold. 1: It doesnt get as much attention as grishoalbrand. Not sure why. It might be because it's not as flashy. But lesser known = lesser played. 2:It also averages about a turn slower that gris. Gains a lot of consistency, but in modern you play those decks for the speed.

I think with dredge on the decline it would be a fine choice.
>>
>>51411425
The basic questionare, meta break down, link to helpful articles, videos and podcasts. No more OP blog posts. The last several threads have been even shittier than usual no head canon mythic tier lists. That shit was fucking stupid
>>
>>51411477
Fuck if I know. I'm still used to 150
>>
File: 1482917143509.jpg (68KB, 543x440px) Image search: [Google]
1482917143509.jpg
68KB, 543x440px
>no matter what the op is, or what the general discussions are, some autistic faggot will act like it's a travesty and spew "muh cancer! Anything not discussing only tier 1 decks and nothing else is cancer"
Why do people do this? Ignore the posts you don't like, and comment on the ones that interests you. No one is 100% happy with everything 100% of the time, grow up.
>inb4 someone calling me a faggot casual
>>
>>51411513
Blame legacyfags for trying to make modern general a circlejerking thread like their own
>>
>>51411470
>interaction
>modern

It'd be a meme if it wasn't true
>>
>>51411513
What is the basic questionaire? And why not have some additional questions relevant to the current meta or something happening
>>
>>51411513
Please no blogs and videos. That just brings the shills crying about how their super special vlog isn't listed in the OP.

As for the meta breakdown, just copy MtGS's tiers?
>>
>>51411525
Stay salty Desolator. It doesn't have to be Tier 1, but the last week has shown demonstrably that shit OPs = shit threads

>>51411546
Better formating goes a long ways, and tier 3 decks do not impact the meta in a meaningful way. The OP as doesn't really help kick off "modern discussion" untill the last question and just feels like an mtg general rather than a thread about a competitive format
>>
>>51411536
The legacy thread seems to think the modern general is the one circlejerking. I wonder who is right.
>>
>>51411546
There isn't one really. It's just whatever the OP come say up with that day for discussion. Usually something along the lines of- Playing, Hating, Sideboarding, Meta question or two.
>>
>>51411622
But it IS an mtg General. Specifically of the modern format.
>>
>>51411623
The legacy thread obviously
>>
>>51411617
So constructed resources et all are speshul snoflak vlogs? As for meta breakdown, both nexus and goldfish (while both very flawed) are a decent enough jumping off point
>>
File: plsno.png (714KB, 1089x317px) Image search: [Google]
plsno.png
714KB, 1089x317px
Top 5 most bullshit cards in modern?
>>
>>51411670
No way man. Now check out the same deck i post every thread
>>
>>51411622
What has been wrong with last week's threads? I'd rather have an active thread, even if there are some shitty ideas rather than, "so do I run hunt master or olivia?"
>>
>>51411691
Did 8rack touch you inappropriately?
>>
>>51411691
Example of a shitty Op

>>51411665
You're kinda proving my point
>>
>>51411691
This is what happens when we make shit OP's people. This is what these threads breed.
>>
>>51411691
>chalice
>bullshit
>not wanting to shit all over the infect cucks life
>>
>>51411691
>Liliana
>Even in the same league as bridge or blood moon
Nice try
>>
>>51411712
>>51411724
How does this autistic spewing his shitty opinions reflect anything about the op? Do you think if the op had said "please no one say that Leyline of sanctity is bullshit" he would not have posted it?
>>
>>51411470
>Goldfishing until you find your lock is considered "interaction" in modern now
Just pull the plug alraedy
>>
>>51411704
Than go to the EDH general. If there is nothing to talk about in a format, than why does a thread exist about it?
>>
>>51411758
If you let your opponent set up the lock, it is straight up your fucking fault for not INTERACTING with them and preventing it
>>
>>51411208
Wizards needs to stop banning shit, and nedds to start unbanning/giving controls decks the tools it needs to police the format
>>
>>51411789
The fact that you have to interact with Lantern doesn't make it an interactive deck
>>
>>51411813
True, but the fact it and Tron demand interaction, and people bitch endlessly about them, tells us something about both the format and the players
>>
>>51411745
3 mana for free discards and killshots is ridiculous, especially late-game when every card in your opponent's hand matters. Plus she comes in at 4 loyalty most of the times, so extremely hard to kill.

>>51411724
eh just not a fan of games hinging on if you draw your 3-4 artifact hate sideboards or not.
>>
>>51411758
>goldfishing the lock
Okay retard it's obvious you've never played lantern but I'm going to break down why its not a goldfish deck. Firstly the deck runs discard to interact with the oponnent in the early game to just not die. Secondly you pack removal in the form of Collective brutality and abrupt decay, the former often putting a lot of decisions on how you should interact with your opponent using it. Often times you'll have a lantern and 1 or 2 rocks in play and it's worth mentioning that rocks in this deck are akin to counterspells in a traditional control deck. If you don't have the absolute nuts you're constantly asking yourself if you should mill x or let them draw it, which is essentially the same as letting a spell resolve.

I can see how once the lock is in place it can seem non interactive, but the entire basis of the deck is interacting with your opponent with what you have and making decisions on how to close the game accordingly.
>>
>>51411872
Welcome to Modern: the Sideboarding you seriously sound like someone who went FNM for the first time. I'm trying to find a less dickish way of saying git gud, but i'm failing
>>
>>51411927
Also I forgot to mention pithing needle and surgical extraction as well. Just because lantern attacks and plays from a different angle doesn't make it a goldfish deck.
>>
>>51411931
no I totally get it
people bitched at me last thread for the dumb questions
>>
>>51412002
What deck do you play? Perhaps we can help you git gudder then stop asking stupid questions
>>
>>51411208
>Is fatal push as good as everyone says? I haven't played with it desu, and haven't seen it played.
Time for Gurmag Angler to shine
>>
>>51411745
>>51411691

>implying any of those are problematic

Hey guys, check out the mardu vehicles players
>>
>>51412070
I wonder if the pauper dredge skeleton would work in modern

4x anglers
4x mandrills
4x push
4x decay
4x stinkweed imp
Season to meta
>>
>>51412142
So it's just a shitty the rock? Sounds bad desu
>>
tron is modern's biggest police deck.
prove me wrong
>>
>>51411420
lantern is the fucking definition of an interactive deck
>>
>>51412219
Can't now that rwin is gone

t. Tron player
>>
>>51412242
*twin

fml
>>
>>51411350
>not having the meta stats bookmarked
>being this much of a fag
Just like fuck off to reddit's spike sub reddit. It's completely devoid of creativity and optimism, sounds like the perfect place for you.
>>
>>51412337
>reddit boogeyman
>meanie spikes in a competitive format

Fuck off back to the EDH thread, timmy
>>
If I want to beat tron(or at least have a 50/50 MU preboard), but don't want to play mindless all in aggro or scapeshift/AN what should I play? Would Death and taxes be my only option?
>>
>>51412453
Nah, chalice for 1/stony silence tends to fuck us
>>
>>51412453
Any deck that can run Ghost quarters + Surgical so you can get rid of their Urza pieces.
>>
Is slaughter games good vs lantern?
>>
>>51412558
You're probably better off just playing artifact hate senpai.

What do you play? I could give you some suggestions if you want.
>>
>>51412337
We want to help people who want to become competitive grognards like us you useless piece of shit. The OP should have those links to maintain those standards.
>>
>>51412610
RG Breach
>>
>>51412675
I'm assuming you run grudge so let's go over other options that aren't just for lantern.

Woodfall primus can be breached and kill bridge, get in for 6 and then hit something else they control while leaving a 5/5 on board.

Chalice on 1 can just destroy us if we don't have a ton of stuff down already and Engineered explosives is too good.
Nature's claim also isn't terrible since it can hit leyline too.

I might be missing a few but those are generally the cards that give me a headache.
>>
>>51412453
RUG delver
>>
>>51413307
>rug anything not scape shift in modern
Ebin desu
>>
How do I beat bant eldrazi? Seriously, I fucking hate this shit it's like jund but bigger
>>
>>51411712

You're the one shitting up the thread with meta OP discussion and not modern discussion which you have shit on for not being "good enough" modern discussion
>>
I'm a MTH trans (male to hermaphrodite transsexual) who enjoys playing magic as it helps take my mind off of daily stressors. My favourite ability is landfall from the Zendikar block. I hardly own 70% of the cards listed in my decks here on T/O. Basically I make a deck the best it possibly can be for reference of cards to get, and then I compensate where I have no money.

I once tried to get through university, but failed. Miserably. I was trying to get into graduate studies in Sexology, starting the undergraduate studies in a Major in Psychology and a minor in Critical Studies in Sexuality. However, I failed because of my lack of responsibility. I'm hoping that maybe after living a plain life for 5 or so years, finishing my transition and getting general life experience in my panties that I'll be able to go back and complete it with responsibility. But I'm unsure.

For many who know me, I'm a very sexualized individual, so head that as a fore-warning that sex will come up in my discussions. I'm an eager activist of prostitution, and I'm thinking of going into the industry myself, starting with online cam shows and selling used panties. So feel free to talk to me about this if you have any advice or are curious about the matter.

I'm also a role mother to a lovely little girl. I care and raise her as if she were my own and we have forged a loving bond together that shall never part.

Currently working on my own custom block which can have anywhere from 1536-1024 cards, whatever happens. The cards are based off of my favourite childhood web-cartoon. I was thinking 4 sets in the block, each set having somewhere around 386-256 cards, or make it a 2 block theme piece with 3 sets each with around 256-170 cards. Or even, with 256-128 cards. I'll just be making the cards for now, so nothing else is really gonna happen. Currently this block is on hiatus, because until someone who works on the styles for MSE makes a M15 Omega Style, I won't be able to do finish this set.
>>
>>51413520
RUG scapeshift is garbage. Jokes on you
Best to never play new decks tho amirite lmao!
>>
>>51411208
>>51411509
how does hulk footsteps do against hate?
gris can play through/around a decent amount of hate in my experience

>>51413715
reckoner skred with maindeck roast
>>
>>51413801
what the ever loving fuck is this pasta
>>
>>51413893
That's a fine linguini
>>
>>51413801
>listing ranges as highest-lowest instead of lowest-highest
I'm actually pretty triggered right now
>>
>>51412240

interactive for who? the pilot, coz it sure as shit stops the opponent from being able to interact at all.
>>
>>51414325
generally when people speak of interactive decks they mean decks that interact with the opponent. >>51411789 got off track i think
>>
>>51413892

Not the same guy but I also play Hulk Footsteps and it can play fine against hate. Be it Makeshift Mannequin to protect against Path or Greater Gargadon and Venser Shaper Savant shenanigans as the alternate line for the combo that sidesteps the graveyard hate and Leyline protections.
>>
I won a small 16 man tourney recently with G/W hatebears. Played against THREE Lantern decks and 1 Young Pyro/control deck that was like Mardu colours in the Swiss.
>>
>>51414537
Wow, wish when I played in tourneys I could just play against shit meme decks
>>
>>51414562

I had not played the format in a while and I was just going to take GW hatebears and just hope to shit on everyone with Leonin Arbiter+Ghost Quarter. Turns out to have been a pretty good idea against the rest of the format since hardly anyone I played against were playing much basic lands.
>>
>>51414457
huh, then i'd guess that gris is more popular just because it's flashier. that's pretty much why i picked it. i feel like it also has more wins on camera and tournament finishes so i bet the exposure factors in.
do you have a good game 1 vs permission decks?
>>
>>51414805

Gris is more popular because it can sometimes go off on turn 1, turn 2 or turn 3. Footsteps Hulk only goes off Turn 3 at the earliest(barring SSG plays aside.) Most game 1's against permission decks are 50/50, sometimes you catch them asleep and sometimes they just have the right answers. Swan Song usually helps after game 1.

Now with Walking Ballista in the format that gives us two different cards with 0/0 XX costs with the other being Hangarback Walker. Right now going to see if the instant kill combo of fetching Disciple of the Vaults+Hangarback+Walking Ballista is a viable enough combo kill. Personally I still prefer the Body Double+Seer combo interaction but i'd still like to try this alternate combo anyway.
>>
>>51413307
Post a list
My mind haven't recovered from the loss of gitaxian probe yet
>>
>>51415001
Body double seer combo is infinitely better in modern
>>
>>51415254

It is but I am not adverse to trying spicy new things.
>>
>>51414325
>interactive for who? the pilot
Of course. That's what interactive means.
>>
>>51414325
You're interacting with the opponent up until you can get a hard lock (3+ mill rocks + bridge). Just because the endgame is a prison doesn't mean the deck is non-interactive.
>>
File: Image (1).png (141KB, 223x311px) Image search: [Google]
Image (1).png
141KB, 223x311px
Rate my meme deck idea. Grixis tempo with shitty creatures that give you construct tokens and thopters, with the general grixis good stuff package, also emphasis on this card, obvious 4 of. And a shape anew package, 4 of shape anew with blightsteel, and stuff like spell Pierce and remand to keep you going. Idk, think of it as like a worse grixis delver, but with turn 4 kill potential
>>
>>51415657
>Rate my meme deck
>doesn't post deck

shit/10
>>
>>51415681
I said rate the idea, I'm not sure how the deck will shape out yet
>>
Holy shit Ad Naus finished first in SCG?

Fuck all the shitty plebians will start playing my beautiful deck now.
>>
>>51415945
Its still a trash meta choice senpai.
>>
>>51415945

The SCG tourney circuit is for old men. There is no money in it.
>>
>>51414694
Got a list?
I've been meaning to try a Rallier or two in a G/W shitbears shell (though it might be borderline too cute)
I just wanna live that double ghostquarter dream
>>
>>51417145
Hate bears is literally hot garbage unless you draw arbiter and something to do with arbiter
>>
>>51418374
This desu
>>
>>51414325
>People like this is the one wizards panders in standard: plebians and shitters
You disgust me
>>
>>51418774
If I can't turn my creatures sideways and my opponent won't let me draw anything, or counters everything I do or makes me discard it isn't interactive :^)
>>
>>51418809
interesting, I didn't realize as soon as the lantern player began the game there was literally nothing the opposing player could do. I'll have to try that deck.
>>
>>51418774
I straight up have no idea who the fuck Wizards is trying to sell to nowadays. The exception being new players who are just floored by how much is involved with this game - even in the shittiest moments Magic still looks amazing to anybody new.

But seriously, from what it seems, only Commander players get any love. And that's not a criticism of the format, I mean there is dedicated product (full of shit cards) and there are just piles of fucking Legendaries (often also shit cards) in Standard booster box product.

Also, they seem to think that some promos and some dumb playmats are enough to get people in stores when the problems that this game suffers from are not alleviated by some stupid bits and pieces.
>>
>>51418374
Monowhite taxes just placed reasonably well. I think G/W could be decent, gives you access to things like Primage, Voice, Teeg, Scooze, Loxodon, and maybe Rallier.
I think Taxes is in an okay spot, definitely tier 1.5-2, and Hatebears could possibly be in that spot as well.
With mana dorks instead of D&T's Vials, you can do turn 2 Leonin+GQ, and with some Rallier around idk, could maybe be a thing.
>>
>>51418774
>I want wizards to cater to my speshul snowflake way of playing because only the way I play is REAL magic
seriously though, lantern control players deserve to be shot
>>
>>51418916
Anon it literally says in the rules they start with 4+ mill rocks with lantern on the board + double ensnaring bridge which is why the deck is unfair, plus it hurts my fee fees.
>>
>>51419060
>I feel entitled to play the Game.
No if i can stop you
>>
>>51419561
Fun is not zero-sum
>>
>>51412070
It's a shame that the kind of deck that wants Anglers will just lose to the Tron Menace.
>>
>puresteel paladin is now a Tier 1 deck with a solid turn 2 kill

LOOOOOLL GJ BLIZZARD
>>
>>51419016
What was the list? Got a link?
>>
>>51419060
>I couldn't turn my creatures sideways ;_;
>I didn't hold my shuffle effects to help escape the lock ;_;
Keep crying, Lantern and other non traditional strategies deserve to exist just as much as any other deck and people who get salty about them need to adapt.
>>
>>51419769
No it's not?
>>
>>51415163
Not the same guy, but I keep coming back to RUG as it's just so fun, even if it's not perfect.

4x Delver of Secrets
2x Gnarlwood Dryad
4x Tarmogoyf
3x Hooting Mandrils
4x Serum Visions
4x Thought Scour
4x Disrupting Shoal
4x Remand
1x Simic Charm
4x Vapor Snag
4x Lightning Bolt
1x Tarfire
2x Traverse the Ulvenwald
1x Mishra's Bauble
4x Scalding Tarn
4x Misty Rainforest
1x Wooded Foothills
2x Breeding Pool
2x Steam Vents
1x Stomping Grounds
2x Island
1x Mountain
1x Forest
>>
>>51415657
Did you draft or play at all in Origins? You should know this is a terrible idea.

>pay three mana
>get a blocker and a 1/1 flyer

There is no deck on earth where this is useful.
Just run Lightning Greaves if you want Haste. You're in Artifacts anyway.
If the Shroud effect is messing up your gameplan, you're too deep into meme territory.
>>
>>51419570
It is in a competitive game played for rewards.
>>
>>51420183
You're retarded.
>>
>>51420213
Hey man, it's your time and money.
>>
>>51420243
I'm a different guy. You clearly only know what that one card does. Maybe go read shape anew.
>lightning greaves
Kek
>>
>>51419769
Just don't tap out turn 2, it's fair because you can just use removal :^)
>>
How good, or how bad honestly, is Tezzeret, agent of Bolas in Lantern? pseudo stirring every turn and quick alternate win condition seems pretty good, idk
>>
File: 1481133627003.png (709KB, 539x631px) Image search: [Google]
1481133627003.png
709KB, 539x631px
>>51420298
Hey man, don't knock the greaves. Just last fnm I lost to a guy playing some Esper tempo shell with greaves, Geist of Saint Traft and a butt- ton of removal/counterspells.

I was thoroughly embarassed.
>>
>>51420494
read the card shape anew
>>
>>51420597
Shape anew has literally nothing to do with being embarrassed about losing to lightning greaves.
>>
>>51419857
Seems pretty standard although the numbers are weird and theres some cuteness in the form of swords
http://sales.starcitygames.com//deckdatabase/displaydeck.php?DeckID=111100
>>
What are the odds opal gets banned? I want to build lantern, but i really dont want to get ass fucked by affinity getting something hit.
>>
>>51421411
If WotC had an issue with affinity, they'd have done something about it by now.
>>
>>51421411
They just put out a masterwork for it.
>>
>>51421411
If opal gets banned affinity and lantern both cease to function so I doubt it'll come to that. Affinity is usually kept in check through sideboards, but if for some reason it becomes oppressive there are other cards that come to mind to hurt affinity, but not kill the deck or other artifact based strategies.

>inb4 the ban fast mana guy comes along
>>
I am interested in Dredge.
>>
>enjoyed cheeri0s when it was t5
>now that it's consistent find it boring
why must I enjoy shit decks so?
>>
>>51421508
I heard it's pretty cheap now
>>
>>51421435
They banned twin after putting it in MM2. Nothing has a guarantee to be safe from bans.
>>
>>51421531
Brahbrah play some B L U E fuckin S T A F F
It's as shit as it gets.
Cut an island to add your masterpiece Staff of Domination and fucking CRUSH those netdecking fucks
>>
>people selling mox opals on ebay for more than you can get them on tcg
frig off
>>
Is skred red a meme deck?
>>
>>51422188
It's actually a pretty good choice depending on your meta. It tends to dominate creature based metas and just roll over to combo decks.
>>
File: 415hOyZZmNL.jpg (24KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
415hOyZZmNL.jpg
24KB, 300x300px
You're in your LGS and this guy slaps your mom's ass. What do you do?
>>
File: en_yupcILnLaT.png (184KB, 265x370px) Image search: [Google]
en_yupcILnLaT.png
184KB, 265x370px
>>51422584
Go off turn 2
>>
>>51422584
*casts Blood Moon

That's what you get for investing in lands.
>>
>>51422624
Explain.
>>
File: 8459845.png (706KB, 1122x508px) Image search: [Google]
8459845.png
706KB, 1122x508px
>>51422910
>play creature
>throw 20 artifacts on the floor
>use opals for mana
>grapeshot
>>
>>51422624
Cheerios is almost as meme as the people trying to break the expertise spells in modern
>>
>>51422953
I like it.
>>
>>51422953
It's fairly consistent. I'm not sure if I want to increase the number of swan songs or just go with pact of negations. Going off turn 3 with swan song back up seems to be working for me against decks that have a bit of removal. You need a good hand to beat really heavy removal/counterspell control decks though.
I feel as though it would definitely be T1 in the dredge and infect meta that had less removal going around, but is probably T2 power level if jund/junk maintains such a large meta showing.
>>
>>51417145

This is the list I played.

https://deckstats.net/deck-12234281-d7b676ca2c789508fe20a66c26eb2a3c.html

You get a deckstats link because I just like deckstats.
>>
>>51418374

That's not true, depending on the matchup you have Voice, Thalia's, Loxodon's, Wilt Leaf to pose significant threats and can be flashed with vial. Arbiter is just good in most matchups since most decks heavily rely on fetches outside of a few particular matchups.
>>
>>51422953
I played against this pretty recently. When my opponent was drawing 4 cards every time he dropped an artifact, I wasn't even mad. Just impressed.
>>
>>51423728
One of my opponents got mad and told me to go play UR storm instead of 'that shit deck'.
>>
>>51411344
What >>51411379 said. Tiers in Magic tell you more about how likely it is that you'll have to face the deck at a GP than how good it actually is. Tier 1 being decks you almost certainly will face, perhaps several times, and therefore have to be prepared for. Tier 2 being decks you're likely to see one or two of but each individual one being far from a certain matchup and you should therefore only dedicate sideboard slots for them if you're already prepared for the Tier 1 decks and have open slots left. And finally Tier 3 being decks you might have to face one of every other GP or so and are therefore not worth preparing for at all.
>>
>>51424163
>and you should therefore only dedicate sideboard slots for them if you're already prepared for the Tier 1 decks and have open slots left
Should probably also add "and/or if you absolutely can't win against that deck otherwise."
>>
File: 1452312557390.png (349KB, 602x598px) Image search: [Google]
1452312557390.png
349KB, 602x598px
been under a rock for a fat minute, just found out about probe about to commit terrorism
>>
>>51422953
How do you get him in play? You just mulligan till you get Sram?
>>
>>51424520
Yeah, or puresteel paladin. It's like 88% chance to get 1 of them if you mull to 6. Before sram the deck was running muddle the mixture to search up a padadin and was far too slow, sram makes it far better.
>>
>>51424553
Looks very fun anon, what are the other artifacts below paradise mantle?
>>
>>51424644
3 more mantles and 4 spidersilk net
I also switched out a seachrome coast for a Sacred Foundry, so I can cast grapeshot through stony silence
>>
>>51424670
Oh I've already done that in that picture, disregard then
>>
>>51424682
You have 14 in sideboard, is the 1 extra really not necessary? What else would you put there?
>>
>>51411691
Leyline is the only one I agree with.
>>
>>51424728
Echoing truth 4 was in there originally. I'll probably put a pack of negation or something that can protect my creatures like rebuff the wicket.
>>
>>51422953
>Had an similar idea when Sram was spoiled
>someone actually made a deck

Absolute madman
>>
>>51424792
Most of the deck isn't mine, I've just tuned it a little bit
https://www.mtggoldfish.com/deck/554067#online
>>
>>51424784
Can this win in turn 2? Seeing as Mox opal is legendary I don't see a way.
>>
>>51424902
Sram, opal, chain artifacts, use opal mana for retract, chain artifacts, get a 2nd opal, tap first opal for mana, play 2nd opal tap for mana.
I prefer to go off T3 with a swan song back up (I've replaced the serum visions with swan songs now), or play 1 draw engine T2 and a 2nd T3 so fizzling is unlikely, but I have gone off turn 2 before. Sometimes you fizzle and hope to get a retract later and start going off again, sometimes it all lines up and you win.
>>
>>51424944
Ohhh yeah I forgot how legend rule worked now, deck is very damn solid dude, nice job.
>>
cards that won't get reprinted in mm3:
infernal tutor
engineered explosives
chalice of the void
vendilion clique
noble hierarch
zendikar fetchlands
tarmogoyf
blood moon
>>
>>51425130
Infernal tutor only see modern play in lantern as a 1 of anyway
And it's dogshit in draft
>>
>>51425130
i'd be very content just to see lili and snappy in there
i'd be ecstatic to see explosives, beach and/or zendikar fetches
>>
>>51425177
>reprint set
>2 relevant reprints

Don't get me wrong, we need them. It would just be really nice to get more than 2.
>>
>>51425183
>2

That's because you're a faggot who doesn't see the usefulness in the rest of good prints.
>>
>>51422953
This is inconsistent as fuck.

Enjoy your mulls and bricks, unless you're good at deck stacking.
>>
>>51425507
>buttmad

why? I almost always have gone off by turn 3
>>
>>51425130
>Infernal Tutor
That's for legacy. MaRo, same as a lot of Modern crybabies hate Legacy, so will not be printed.
>Engineered explosives
You'll have to wait for MM4. The card isn't in 60's-70's range yet.
>Chalice of the Void
See Infernal Tutor
>Vendilion Clique
It's blue, forget it.
>Noble Hierarch
Climbing to 70's range, won't be reprinted because it was in 2k15.
>fetchlands
Will be banned faster than reprinted in such a short spawn of time.
>goyf
Reprinted enough times as it is, fault the 2nd market that refuses even the slightest idea of card being below 100+.
>blood moon
There's more than enough of the card, look at it's print runs. Fault the 2ndary market that are being jews, because idiots will continue to buy it for that much and more, even though supply is fucking endless.
>>
>>51425545
With printing of our dwarf friend, the deck became more consistent.

It still is inconsistent against any match-up that runs instant speed removal, because of the fact that you often do need to mull to find your engine, which lowers chances to have a counterspell in hand and drawing a 2nd copy of your engine are slim as well.

It's probably best combo deck in the meta right now none the less, but I'm staying by my original statement - Too inconsistent.
>>
I just want a reprint of Goblin Guide
>>
>>51425694
I'm 50/50 about this, its not impossible, but I don't think it's anywhere near as certain as snapcaster or lilliana
>>
>>51425764
>snapcaster reprint is certain
I have some bad news for you, son...
>>
>>51425764
I don't see why they wouldn't. Zendikar came before Innistrad, and the card is a 4 of in one of the most popular decks in the format.
>>
If they do reprint Snappy, do you think they will use the same shitty alternate art they used for the promo?
>>
>>51425820
The promo art was bretty good though
>>51425807
If they don't reprint snapcaster I'm not really sure what is left.
>>
>>51425820
Old, they don't want to fuck Tiago over. Lili might get the SJW treatment tho since they've all but fired Argyle.
>>
>>51425826
>off-center football player with a shitty color scheme was good
Nigga...
>>
>>51425826
trash cards, just like in MM2.
>>
>>51421411
Your sense of decency should prevent you from building lantern, not the fear that something might get banned
>>
>>51426064
This scrub mentality really needs to cleaned from the general threads.
>>
>>51426088
This desu
>>
>>51426088
>>51426097
I can't wait to drink your salty tears when they finally ban bridge
>>
>>51426115
I don't even play the deck nigga, jesus christ just kys.
>>
>>51426064
Not that guy, but I really like lantern as a deck. It starts off as an incredibly interactive disruption deck that morphs into a full on hardlock control deck.
I don't even play control, I'm a burnfag and watching lantern "play" makes me wanna try being a control freak.
In a format that is 60% aggro and meme range a control deck that isn't some gay URx cookie cutter shit is wonderful
>>
>>51426115
Wizards can't ban anything from lantern, because it doesn't win before turn 4.
>>
>>51426208
Neither did Twin
>>
>>51426247
They don't have incentive to ban decks for shits and giggles anymore and Lantern cannot hit the same meta percentages as Twin due to the simplicity of most Modern players.
>>
>>51426267
>Only REAL magic players like myself can play this deck. It takes so much more SKILL and INTELLIGENCE that creature-tapping plebians need not apply
Please kill yourself
>>
>>51426283
>getting mad at facts
Why?
>>
>>51426288
>Trying to imply that Lantern is anything more than "find and protect bridge: the deck"
It really is sad
>>
>>51426297
It isn't, put some effort into it mate.
>>
>>51426309
How is it not? Whether or not you can set up the lock and actually win the game literally depends on finding Bridge. The percentage of games Lantern wins without resolving a Bridge are infinitesimal
>>
>>51426325
The deck runs removal and there are plenty of matchups where Bridge does nothing. If your generic beatdown opponent has say 2 creatures before you set up shop with Lantern and you have 2 removal spells you don't need Bridge anymore and your opponent draws land for the rest of the game. It shrinks the universe of relevant cards, sure, and stabilizes well vs most decks, but it's not 100% necessary. Just stop posting.
>>
>>51426267
Wizards look at GP/PT results, not your MTGO meta or random results from shops.

Are you implying that pro players are too stupid to play lantern? Because they play whatever fuck is best or has most edge against the field.
>>
>>51426352
>Well if this specific unlikely scenario happens then it doesn't need bridge so technically I'm right
Please, PLEASE kill yourself
>>
>>51426387
The point still stands even if you change the numbers around, just stop posting you fucking mong.
>>51426376
Pros don't make for a large enough share of the top64 meta, they get fucked by mana flood and matchup lottery the same as everyone else; there are still hundreds of never heards playing at every GP who in a game like Magic which isn't exactly Chess or Go are practically at an identical play level as the CFB guys.

Most people are or don't play the deck for other psychological reasons/have spent 2k on BGx so can't really swap decks. You can see this in how during the Eldrazi winter when Lantern with 3-4 Abrupt Decays maindecked for Chalice was practically a hard counter vs the field and its percentages didn't reflect that, the deck has only gotten better since.
>>
>>51425557
>fetches
>banned
Love this meme
>>
>>51411691
>Top 5 most bullshit cards in modern?
Stony Silence
Rest in Peace
I don't really give a shit after those.
>>
>>51426387
It's not even impossible desu, I win pretty often with just the fate seal before I hit bridge
>>
File: IMG_1377.gif (2MB, 316x235px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1377.gif
2MB, 316x235px
>>51413801
Modern general in a nutshell, thanks
>>
>>51422624
Is this, dare I say it, the absolute freshest new meme deck?
>>
>All these anons thinking Cheerios is a new deck
>>
>>51411691
Chalice, Blood Moon, Ensnaring Bridge, Become Immense/Blighted Agent, Stony Silence

I should know, I run the first two in my Affinity side just to cheese free wins, they make for terrible gameplay.
>>
Any cards from kaladesh/aether revolt that will make stompy not shit?
>>
>>51427853
>having side board cards that cheese free wins very situationally in a deck that needs to beat hate 100% of the time rather than just running a good side board
What a retard
>>
>>51427981
No
>>
>>51424553
You missed the short one-set span of time where the deck used Riddlesmith and a couple Ovalchase Daredevil to turn them into Puresteel Paladins.
>>
>>51427988
Yeah just like about every Affinity pilot that has top8d a reasonably sized event, am I right? Beating Infect without Chalice is about as painful as beating UWx without Blood Moon.
>>
>>51426267
Latern won't hit twin meta percentages because the deck is worse than twin, not because it's too hard to play.
>>
>>51426450
Lantern is unpractical as fuck to bring to a tournament. Not only are you worn out mentally because the amount of decision making the deck takes, you also never get to finish game 3 because unless you opponent concedes games take way too long.
>>
>>51428058
Reminder that decks aren't good or bad in a vacuum.
>>
>>51428096
But they are?
>>
>>51428091
I'm not buying this, on modo it was among the most played decks before the bans (where you'd think timing out is even more of an issue than irl) and being taxing doesn't stop Miracles from being tier 0 in Legacy.
>>
>>51428104
No? In a field with nothing but Infect bringing GR Tron is suicide, even if the deck is very good vs control, midrange and Limited decks.
>>
>>51428016
No, not at all you stupid faggot, most I've ever seen is like 2 blood moon, you're a retard and a faggot
>>
>>51428141
Alright my mistake, you're right. But I never claimed whether lantern or twin were good or bad. I simply said that twin was better than lantern. That claim can be quite easily made in a vacuum. I don't think there is a single MU where Lantern would have more chance to win than Twin
>>
>>51428229
Valakut, any GWx beatdown deck that plays answers to Twin combo, Bogles, Ad Nauseam, any UWx control variant, I could probably come up with more fringe decks if I sat down.
>>
>>51428262
Eldrazi for sure, and a lot of twins good matchups are good for lantern too
>>
Silly question, but why don't Jund, abzan, Grixis decks run appetite for brains as a sideboard card against tron?
>>
>>51428401
Cause Tron has redundancy. If you're playing jund the idea isn't to stall them through taking a card, the idea is to beat them as fast as possible, or blow up a land which stalls them a lot more and can be recurred with k command or surgically extracted, so the idea is trading 1 for 1 when they probably have more on the way isn't worth it. I'm not saying it's a bad card, but there are better options, and no matter what the matchup will never be good
>>
>>51428401
Tron is designed to topdeck like a god and is to a certain extent immune to discard. Vs other decks Thoughtseize nabs everything relevant. Some Jund lists run Slaughter Games but since every viable combo deck has been banned there's no need really
>>
>>51428401
t. Someone who has never played with or against tron in their entire miserable life
>>
>>51428401
Thoughtsieze will already hit those cards, but can also take out crucial maps or Sylvan Scryings.
What those decks need to against Tron, though, is get Fulminator on turn 3 and have K commands to bring him back.
>>
Anybody brewing with Delver? And I'm not talking about the Grixis Control decks that shows up on MTGgoldfish.
>>
If they don't reprint cavern of souls in the next modern masters, I will be very upset
>>
>>51430160
Nobody Cares about your feelings, faggot
>>
>>51430160
>muh faggot tribal decks!
Kill yourself desu
>>
>>51429214
>Never having to deal with tron
Doesn't sound so miserable to me, senpai
>>
>>51428091
>timing out
>lantern
Once the lock is in place games go very quickly and amount to "mill your upkeep, go". I've only had one game come close to time and that's because the guy was salty and trying to slow play me. It does wear you out at times though but the same can be said for other control decks as well.
>>
>>51421473
>ban fast mana guy
Explain this debauchery.
>>
Okay /tg/ I think I finally know where I want to start with my Lantern list, let me know what you guys think. It's tuned a little more to beat affinity and infect and other creature based shit as that's my meta, but as of recent there's a bit more control. I was wondering if anyone has had success main boarding Tezzeret Agent of Bolas to help sure up control matches? I'm not sure desu. Also is there anything that will help against tron? I see a few Trons every now and then. Anyhow here is the list.

Artifacts
1x Spellskite
4x Codex Shredder
4x Lantern of Insight
3x Ghoulcaller's bell
1x Pyxis of Pandemonium
2x Pithing Needle
4x Mox Opal

Sorceries and Instants
2x Pyroclasm
2x Surgical Extraction
4x Ancient Stirrings
4x Inquisition of Kozilek
2x Thought Seize
1x Collective Brutality
1x Infernal Tutor
2x Abrupt Decay

Alternate win con to sure up Tron and Control matchups, should i just move him to the sideboard? I mean, I feel like I am already pretty hard teched against aggro, just not sure how I'll feel to see him.
1x Tezzeret, Agent of Bolas

Mana Base, Let me know if there's some interesting tech I am missing

2x Inventor's Fair
4x Glimmervoid
1x Academy Ruins
4x Blooming Marsh
1x Tendo Ice Bridge
1x Copperline Gorge
2x Blackcleave Cliffs
2x Ghost Quarter
1x Seagate Wreckage

Side board is a work in progress. What do you guys think?
>>
>>51431692
Just run this list m8
https://www.mtggoldfish.com/deck/514244#online
>>
>>51432040
>Play this highly tuned and specific to this guys exact meta list that has nothing to do with the decks you'll be playing against
Just cause it's a netdeck doesn't mean it is 100% right for your meta.
>>
>>51431692
I'd recommend heading over to the mtgsalvation Lantern thread to get advice on the deck since those guys have tested just about everything in the deck and tried several color combinations.

Most lists nowadays don't really run red or tendo ice bridge for that matter, but if you're in a heavy zoo/burn/infect etc meta it'll probably work out fine. Collective brutality is worth it as a 2 of at least since it greatly improves the burn matchup as well as being a great utility card and can help you get hellbent in a pitch. If you want to beat tron you need 2+ pithing needle at least, along with ghost quarter and surgicals, but even then it's still a coinflip matchup. Also glint nest crane can act as stirrings 5-6 and provide a decent body to block with and very rarely ping an opponent to death under a bridge lock.

Against control you just want go up on disruption and set the lantern+ mill to keep them off anything relevant since they can have a lot of dead cards in the matchup, also be wary of instant speed draw. Tezz doesn't really add much to the deck imo because he makes it difficult to dump the hand if you draw him early and is more of a win more card against control and doesn't add much of anything to the tron matchup.
>>
>>51432111
For starters the list has more functional mana than any variant running Pyroclasm, which has been made obsolete with Collective Brutality. Tendo Ice Bridge and Sea Gate are just straight up wrong. Not running Glint-Nest Crane (read: Intuition that gains you 2-6 life or brickwalls an attacker until you get Bridge) is wrong. Not being able to operate under Blood Moon with Forest+Swamp is wrong. Throwing the my meta-card is just stupid, every meta everywhere but bumfuck nowhere is varied enough for you to play the highest EV cards vs the field, instead of shit winmore cards like Tezzeret.
>>
>>51430231
>>51430256
Wonderful island tears, Anon. Also, here's your (You).
>>
could faeries be a thing with push around?
>>
>>51432166
>He'd rather run Collective Brutality than Pyroclasm in an affinity meta
Stopped reading there

>>51432113
Burn isn't really a thing at my meta, and I'm not sure I want to dilute the deck just to turn a 20-80 matchup into a 30-70. I honestly see no reason not to run Tenzo at the moment. It's just a colored mana 1 time when I need it, and then it's colorless which is fine too. I am running 2 needles, 2 surgical, and 2 ghost quarter, yeah my intention is to just turn Tron off and then just never let them Resolve something that can kill me. And yeah I'll probably take Tezz out for something, I just pulled one so long ago I don't know what do do with it. Maybe he can get a nice side board slot.

I'm not sold on Crane honestly. I can just see him clogging the hand, and I really want to be able to pyroclasm on2 if I have to, and Blue mana just doesn't seem to fit here. I think I'll test 1 out, and see how he plays, you're probably right, but I'm just not sold.

Thanks for the input m8
>>
What are your thoughts on RG/GW/BG Tron? RG has Grove of the Burnwillows, but GW and BG have better spot removal.
>>
>>51432680
It literally doesn't matter what any of us think, b, r, and w tron are all just meta calls.
>>
>>51430160
I know what you mean. I had a playset from Standard (Naya Blitz). Didn't really need more than one playset because didn't play Merfolk or Elves much. Fast forward to 2016 and I need a playset for Eldrazi, I'm using a different sort of build in legacy D&T that requires 4, and most commander decks need one. I could really use at least 2 playsets, but don't want to shell out what they cost now.
>>
>>51432645
Crane is probably one of the best cards in the deck, it blocks on field and the ability is a may so you don't have to use it if you have to keep your hand size low. You should probably consider editing the manabase too. Two academy ruins is pretty standard, sea gate is pretty useless and tendo could be swapped for a botanical sanctum to run crane and help with spellskite activations. You should run 1-2 basics as well to help against the occasional bloood moon or ghost quarter which is effectively a strip mine against your deck.

Even though brutality is insane in the burn matchup it's not just there for that, it can kill an infect creature and discard a pump spell, kill delver and discard a spell. It's a very strong utility card and it's almost never dead in any matchup and like I said can help get you hellbent or gain some life in a pinch.
>>
>>51432778
>Having more than a playset of a card
Is this a new meme? Or do people actually do this? I have a lot of fetch lands only because they will always maintain their value, but in all honesty i have 2 spellskites and I dont give a single fuck that i have to desleeve and resleeve however so often.
>>
File: 1482372195442.jpg (106KB, 607x463px) Image search: [Google]
1482372195442.jpg
106KB, 607x463px
>>51432897
>not using the same sleeves for everything
>>
>>51432918
> He doesn't have a special anime girl sleeve for every one of his decks to express how he's feeling
Autism
By the way, these are my burn sleeves
>>
File: eefe6bab58e1c11b0a4f73a69cb2d5d5.jpg (132KB, 712x1000px) Image search: [Google]
eefe6bab58e1c11b0a4f73a69cb2d5d5.jpg
132KB, 712x1000px
>>51432948
These ones
>>
>>51432948
you baka motherfucker
>>
>>51432576
They need more than Push.
>>
>>51432975
Whoa, those take me back. Use to run my Boros deck in those sleeves back when the first block was in standard.
>>
File: heh.jpg (640KB, 1539x1856px) Image search: [Google]
heh.jpg
640KB, 1539x1856px
>playing standard decks in modern
call me scrub
>>
>>51432576
problem is that the GB decks will put push to better use
>>
>>51433313
No gheist?
>>
>people call pure/sram deck a meme
>have cards so I build the deck
>take it to FNM
>4-0

Lellelelelelel. This is going to be banned soon.
>>
>>51433458
What we're your matchups? If you played against tron 4 times that'd make sense
>>
>>51433490
Jund
U/R/B control
Infect
jeskai ascendancy combo
>>
File: tumblr_n7xk2gOV051s0rs3fo1_250.gif (300KB, 245x293px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_n7xk2gOV051s0rs3fo1_250.gif
300KB, 245x293px
>>51433451
yea maybe i should just cut the ralliers
they arnt as good as i first thought
>>
>>51433458
Mind posting your list?
>>
File: tarns.jpg (358KB, 750x1000px) Image search: [Google]
tarns.jpg
358KB, 750x1000px
>>51432897
>Or do people actually do this?
I do it all the time. It's a good habit.

If you're swapping cards between decks all the time. It's probably a decent card and worth getting playsets of before it goes up.
>>
>>51433577
4 [DST:32] Retract
1 [ODY:337] Island
1 [C15:93] Echoing Truth
2 [SHM:277] Mystic Gate
1 [KTK:239] Polluted Delta
4 [M12:210] Kite Shield
3 [KTK:233] Flooded Strand
3 [NPH:118] Noxious Revival
4 [MMA:211] Paradise Mantle
4 [ZEN:206] Spidersilk Net
4 [OGW:161] Bone Saw
2 [MMA:223] Glimmervoid
4 [NPH:20] Puresteel Paladin
1 [TSP:160] Grapeshot
2 [FRF:20] Monastery Mentor
2 [ODY:332] Plains
3 [EXP:6] Hallowed Fountain
4 [MPS:19] Mox Opal
4 [AER:23] Sram, Senior Edificer
2 [ALA:219] Sigil of Distinction
4 [SOM:136] Accorder's Shield
1 [GPT:157] Godless Shrine
SB: 4 [MMA:56] Pact of Negation
SB: 3 [5DN:118] Engineered Explosives
SB: 4 [M11:30] Silence
>>
>>51433552
I don't believe that at all desu
>>
>>51433670
if my shitty coco deck can win an fnm then his deck can too
>>
>>51433658
How often does monastery mentor prove useful? I had cut it completely
>>
>>51433699
I just don't see that deck beating Jund, a deck with like 10 targeted removal spells, at least 4 discard spells. And not Grixis Control either, it's essentially the same thing except even more likely to have removal turn 2. Then even more after board. I just don't fucking believe that that could happen. Maybe if you drew insanely well, but that deck should lose to jund or grixis 9/10 times, it's just way too fragile
>>
>>51433749
rarely desu. its the first to go game 2
>>
>>51433750
yea i guess maybe he got lucky?
>>
>>51433750
I had leyline as well which is not included in the list
>>
File: wurmtokens.jpg (176KB, 1023x731px) Image search: [Google]
wurmtokens.jpg
176KB, 1023x731px
What do you guys think of my GB tron list?

Mainboard:
Lands:
3x Blooming Marsh
1x Forest
1x Ghost Quarter
1x Llanowar Wastes
1x Sanctum of Ugin
4x Urza's Mine
4x Urza's Power Plant
4x Urza's Tower

Creatures:
2x Ulamog, the Ceaseless Hunger
2x World Breaker
2x Wurmcoil Engine

Artifacts:
4x Chromatic Sphere
4x Chromatic Star
4x Expedition Map
3x Oblivion Stone
1x Relic of Progenitus

Sorcery:
4x Ancient Stirrings
2x Collective Brutality
4x Sylvan Scrying

Planeswalker:
4x Karn Liberated
2x Ugin, the Spirit Dragon

Instant:
3x Fatal Push

Sideboard:
1x All Is Dust
2x Collective Brutality
2x Nature's Claim
2x Pithing Needle
2x Spellskite
1x Sundering Titan
2x Surgical Extraction
2x Thoughtseize
1x Thragtusk
>>
>>51433995
I'd cut either Llanowar or 1 Marsh and put one more relic personally.

Otherwise your pile is solid.
>>
File: download (1).jpg (7KB, 261x193px) Image search: [Google]
download (1).jpg
7KB, 261x193px
>>51433995
>what do you guys think of my fucking gb tron list that literally everyone has seen 100 thousand times cause I literally just ripped it off mtgtop8 and changed a card?
>>
File: freeshrugs.png (499KB, 449x642px) Image search: [Google]
freeshrugs.png
499KB, 449x642px
>>51434063
I'm not sure about only running 3 dual lands but I'll give it a go and see how it works out.
>>51434276
I'm sorry tron is already a pretty tight list?
>>
>>51434426
Why are you asking for feedback on what is essentially a solved list then? What do you want, a pat on the back or something? Great you've realised that the red in GR is irrelevant and you can just swap it for another colour to use that colour's best cards. NICE, man.
>>
>>51434458
I'm the guy that said put it in the trash, but I disagree with this. You're just an autistic faggot desu. If the tron player told us his meta and other things then we could understand what cards maybe he should put in, cause tron is pretty tight but there is definitely flex
>>
>>51433313
meddling mage works decent in modern bant company.
>>
is force of will too strong to be reprinted in standard? even with torrential gearhulk shenanigans? modern would be cool with force
>>
>>51434600
It's a kind of mechanic they don't print on principle anymore I believe
>>
>>51434600
Let's just reprint brainstorm, unban Ponder, and reprint ancestral recall too XDDD
>>
>>51434458
> Why are you asking for feedback on what is essentially a solved list then?
Perhaps someone with more experience with the deck than myself has some spicy tech to share? Maybe there's a glaring hole in my sideboard that I'm missing?
>>51434527
> If the tron player told us his meta
Oh shit I'm retarded I thought I did do that. My store has 2 guys on GBx, 2 on Naya burn, 2 on scapeshift (1 RG titanshift 1 BTLshift), 2 affinity, 1 on bushwhacker zoo, 1 on Kiki-chord, 1 infect, and occasionally one of the GBx guys switches to boggles.
>>
>>51434672
>2 burn
>2 scapeshift
>2 affinity
>1 zoo
>1 infect
Sounds like that is really not a meta you want to be taking Green Black Tron of all fucking things to.
>>
>>51434835
Fair enough. I'm just bored of playing Bant Eldrazi and I already own 90% of the pieces for that tron list. Any decks you'd recommend?
>>
File: prim tim back on the menu.png (6KB, 315x131px) Image search: [Google]
prim tim back on the menu.png
6KB, 315x131px
What did Titan mean by this?
>>
>>51434978
If you're bored of a deck don't build Tron man, literally repetitive as fuck. The deck is built to just be consistent, it loses the enjoyment real quick. If you're tired of playing creature decks, I'd probably recommend a control deck.
>>
File: Image.jpg (32KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Image.jpg
32KB, 223x310px
>>51434997
Didans :DDDDDDDDD
>>
>>51435016
I've heard control has been in a pretty bad place for awhile now. Are there any lists worth checking out at the moment?
>>
>>51432897
>do people actually do this?
Besides >>51433640 (fucking nice tarns btw) I also do this.
Having multiple playsets of certain cards is great for brewing. That way you don't have to dismantle a perfectly good, functioning deck to make another.
>I don't give a single fuck that I have to desleeve and resleeve however so often.
My entire collection is double sleeved, all matching
It definitely saves a lot of time in the long run,freely switching cards between decks as you brew. Much easier to slap something together and start goldfishing with it right away.
>>
>>51435112
I mean, if you don't want to play creature's the teppening, but don't want to play control decks cause they're not good right now, I'd probably try a different format. And no, there's not really anything new.
>>
>>51435112
lantern
>>
>Guy still plays eldrazi
>Go against him with ad naus
>absolutely decimate him

feels good man
>>
>play again U/W control as ad nauseam
>guy fetches at my end of turn
>he has tectonic edge u/w land, halimar depths
>i have one pact in hand
>cast angel's grace
>cast ad naus
>he remands tapping tectonic and halimar leaving one blue untapped
>trying to bluff a dispel
>negate his failed attempt to remand my spell and go off in his face

is there truly a more based deck than ad naus?

How do pleb midrange people even have fun?
>>
>>51435542
What do you mean >still plays eldrazi? It's a good deck desu. Turn 2 Thought Knot will always be retarded
>>
>>51435697
oh yeah i was just trying to sound smart. I got lucky game 1 and game 2 i mulled to 5 just for leyline. I just hate eldrazi
>>
>>51435730
What a fag holy shit. Also
>Not just intentionally keeping a hand without combo pieces so their thought know does nothing
>>
Give it to me straight guys, should I just trade in Kiki Chord for Abzan Coco? I just can't justify it anymore desu. I really see no reason except for it being slightly better to graveyard hate
>>
>>51435876
>mulliganing "bloom land land grace prism pact ad naus" hands in game 1

k
>>
File: beats.jpg (296KB, 995x703px) Image search: [Google]
beats.jpg
296KB, 995x703px
>opponent lost legacy's my grapeshot
>gotta win with puresteel paladin beats
this is definitely the premier meme deck in modern
>>
>>51436076
enjoy the incoming ban stormcuck
>>
>>51436138
>wizards is gunna ban puresteel paladin
this format never ceases to amaze
>>
>>51436172
>Not be dominated by fast, non-interactive decks (consistent kills before turn four are a red flag)
Be amazed no longer :^)
>>
>>51436274
By that logic, infect as a whole should be long time banned.
>>
New thread
>>51436607
>>51436607
>>
>>51430140
the most thought i've given to delver decks is what would a no banned list RUG list look like? do you want 4 missteps and 4 shoals? how do you balance mandrills with treasure cruise

>>51436609
wack
>>
>>51430847
Lantern doesn't see alot of play among pro players because it really isn't that good. It relies on resolving a 3 mana artifact to win most of its matchups and gets fucked by burn and jund. Like if the deck doesn't draw bridge it loses almost every time.
>>
>>51435112
Don't listen to them control is fine in modern. This is just a meme that people repeat over and over again even while 3 control decks got top 8 of the last gp. Control decks have a significant portion of the modern meta its just that they're split over several different builds. Jeskai, UW, Grixis, Sun and moon, lantern, and most likely Esper with fatal push are all viable modern control decks. The main thing you have to consider in modern when playing control in modern is that you need a way to win the game quickly after stabilizing and a viable plan for beating tron and valakut.
>>
>>51436759
I don't see how your post is even relevant in that reply chain but whatever senpai.

Lantern doesn't see a ton of play because not only is it fairly difficult to win with, it also needs to be fairly tuned to a specific metagame. You don't need bridge in every game and sure as fuck don't need it to win every time.

Pro players do play the deck occasionally and It was extremely popular at the World Magic Cup due to the Team Unified aspect of that tournament. It's a deck that rewards grinding with it and learning it in and out which is why if you look at Elsik or anybody else who plays a decent amount of the deck, they have some insane winrates.

Burn is rough even after sideboarding but the Jund matchup honestly isn't as bad as people make it out to be and is pretty easy to win post board.

Lantern isn't a tier one monster by any means but it's still pretty damn competitive and it's obvious you don't play, or even have a decent understanding of the deck.
>>
>>51436894
>>51436894
Thread posts: 316
Thread images: 24

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.