[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do you deal with mind control in your games?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 6

File: IMG_3490.png (305KB, 638x640px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3490.png
305KB, 638x640px
How do you deal with mind control in your games?
>>
>>51410070
>spiderman's-head-being-fertilized.png
>>
>>51410070
homebrew trait only accessible at level 20
>As a result of being tortured both body and soul character resists further pain and invasion.
>>
>>51410070
Mind control?

There's no such thing!
>>
File: 2009.05.14.00_speak-on-command.png (377KB, 811x1000px) Image search: [Google]
2009.05.14.00_speak-on-command.png
377KB, 811x1000px
Is mind control appropriate for lewd games?
>>
I had a player mind controlled to attack his party. He roleplayed it well and even offered to fight the party himself (up until then I was controlling his character).
>>
>>51410070
PCs and most NPCs can't be mind-controlled because humans possess true free will. This isn't to say they can't be influenced emotionally; you can still render them frightened, or charmed, or otherwise addled and thus suffering penalties to certain actions. You just can't compel them to do one specific thing, or to not do one specific thing.

Monsters are slaves to their nature and sufficiently powerful magic can compel them. The closer the order is to their nature the easier it is to force them to act, and it's all but impossible to force a monster to go against its base instincts. Think of it this way; making a thirsty person drink Coke instead of water is fairly easy, convincing them they don't need to drink is a lot harder.

PCs who willingly become monstrous or tap into fell powers open themselves up to mind-control magic, with the percentage of their soul tainted equating to the percent chance that the magic doesn't immediately fail when used on them.
>>
By not including it. I've got libraries of material to work with so I just leave mind control out.
>>
>>51410070
Depends on how the rules treat mind control.
If it's a single pass/fail roll to tell an enemy of equal level "go to the police and turn yourself in" and they'll do it, that's clearly broken and I declare it doesn't exist in my setting.
If there are multiple degrees of mind control, that's fine.
>>
File: 8e22338c6d7a9ccf1fd90d7a17b214bd.jpg (295KB, 800x1119px) Image search: [Google]
8e22338c6d7a9ccf1fd90d7a17b214bd.jpg
295KB, 800x1119px
>>51410340
mind control is the only correct form of lewdness for games

2>4=3>1
>>
>>51410070
I only add enemies that use mind control very sparingly. It's such a nasty ability that it should only be brought out if you really want to scare players. A mind-controlled character also gets a save every single turn to try and shake off the control. Players don't have access to mind control since they can use several diplomatic skills to compel people to do things. There is one class that can use telekinesis to puppet corpses or people's armor (with the user inside the armor) but the person who has their armor puppeted again will get a save every single turn to force their way out of it.

Generally I don't like using anything on a player that takes away their agency in combat. One turn of being completely stunned is ok, two is annoying, three is really crappy and not fun, more than that is just unfair.
>>
My group is pretty solid, in the rare cases of mind control we act accordingly.

For example, our barbarian was dominated by an enemy caster who then sent him after our Oracle (healer). The Oracle had Murderous Command, a low level one round spell that makes the target attack their nearest ally. He used it on the Barbarian to turn him back against the boss, then booked it to get a head start.

We had some Benny hill shit going on as the Oracle ran back through the dungeon with our barbarian hot on his heels. Every time he got too close he'd get hit with MC and turned back for one round.

Eventually the Oracle ran out of spell slots and got fucked up, but the other two players still fighting the boss killed him before our barbarian could finish the job. Freed from the domination, the Barbarian carried his friend back to the boss room to receive healing.

The barbarian player was in control the entire time and was actively trying to kill the oracle. We all had a pretty good laugh.
>>
File: Yuri (not forbidden love).jpg (20KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
Yuri (not forbidden love).jpg
20KB, 640x480px
>>51410878
3>4=2>1
>>
File: 1470384185571.jpg (813KB, 888x1242px) Image search: [Google]
1470384185571.jpg
813KB, 888x1242px
>>51410878
Translated.
>>
>>51410070
Had a party with two wizards who could cast mind control shit. They did it to each other on session and our DM had them switch character sheets for the whole session. I thought it was mighty clever.
>>
>>51410070
My group has a truly stupid Paladin player who gets MC'd a lot because our GM loves punishiNg him for dumping WIS.
When I GM I never use it though because it's my magical realm.
>>
File: ss+(2016-10-27+at+12.09.15).jpg (270KB, 910x512px) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2016-10-27+at+12.09.15).jpg
270KB, 910x512px
The best way to do mind control is to have a player you can secretly communicate it to. They need to be willing to roleplay their character in that condition; NPCing them is just bad.
4>3>1>2
>>
>>51411510
Are you me?
>>
to resist? a mental resilience roll that can be augmented with a limited resource of willpower

as a tool for my setting, helps keep the major factions in play, keeps the more unstable npcs in check, and generally makes populist uprisings against the top factions impossible

also makes for great sleeper agents

though my setting has like 20 flavors of mind control, so it does get weird
>>
>>51414161
>2
>worst
how is it possible to we this plebian
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.