[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

One-shots and no-prep games

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 3

File: chess.jpg (96KB, 484x650px) Image search: [Google]
chess.jpg
96KB, 484x650px
Sooo, I'm rusty as fuck and I'm bringing the games for tomorrow's game night.
It's three friends and me.
We need to cover explanations, potential chargen (but I can come with pregenerated characters) and actual play of a full story to its end in a single session. None of the usual "We say it's a one-shot but we have to set another date to finish it" crap.

I'm planning on bringing Dawn of Worlds and A penny for my thoughts because I am a massive faggot who enjoys story games and those don't need any preparations.

But I come to you asking for more.
What are good games that come with little to no preparation, and are light enough to make excellent one-shots even with players who learn about the game for the first time?
>>
Oh and the game session is four hours long.
>>
Risus is my go-to no prep game. I just ask people to make characters around a central theme (or not) and improvise the whole session on the spot.
>>
>>51407676
Lasers and Feelings
Everybody is John
>>
>>51408041
Those are pretty solid, cheers mate, I'd mostly forgotten about those.
>>
Upping my own thread because I have no shame.
>>
>>51407676
3:16 Carnage Amongst Stars is good if you want something quick and fun. Can be run as a one-shot or a longer game.

For a one-shot just go full starship troopers with the combat and tone and use the random tables for everything
>>
>>51407676
I also occasionally run 'The Few' as a one-shot when my group is bored. It does work, but it usually does end up running for 2 sessions the rules are sorta set up in a way that promotes attachment to characters
>>
File: The Few.pdf (1B, 486x500px)
The Few.pdf
1B, 486x500px
>>51410134
fuck wrong pdf, here's the right one
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.