[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Non-Tropes you are tired of seeing at your table

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 294
Thread images: 55

File: Blood Born Comp.png (209KB, 800x590px) Image search: [Google]
Blood Born Comp.png
209KB, 800x590px
Things that are considered Non-Tropes you are tired of seeing at your table.

I'll start off with a bit of a fire starter:
Anime
Allow me to expand that a little

Newer or Highschool/College kids OFTEN showing me a portraits, screen shots, or describing a screen from an anime I haven't watched and telling me it's cool as fuck. Sometime even continuing on as they want my input or comment, and if it's anything other than "Yeah Cool!" or worse still the appropriate catch phrase, they prattle on about it for another 10 min getting the rest of the table involved. And sometimes they'll just prattle regardless grinding the game to a halt.

Just ... really sick of it /tg/, I really am.
>>
Maybe if you watched more anime you'd be able to join in the conversation instead of making bitter posts about how upset you are that you're left out.

That's my prescription. More anime.
You're welcome.
>>
>where can I bitch about anime?
>reddit?
>facebook?
>stormfront?
>no, I got it... Hiroyuki Nishimura's 4chan!

Bruh.
>>
>>51404725
For me, it is toxic autists like OP. Hard to detect them by a glance whenever they are the fun loving nerds or an bitter asshole who just want to be toxic.
They can't stop bitching and whining the whole time if others are enjoying themselves, making them bitter that they aren't the center of the attention.
Worse is their passive aggressiveness which chill down the whole group atmosphere and enjoyment.
Some even got the balls and lack of self awareness to ask why they never get invited back.
>>
>>51404725
What anyone would do ;
>hey I see you love anime, but as you see I love being an autist and you don't see me disturbing the game to talk about that, so please focus on the game bro.

What op do :
>HurrDurr animoo weebshit ffs katana lol
>>
Dude you're literally on 4chan please tell me this is bait because if so area 11 out of 10.
>>
>>51404725
Why are you hanging out with high school kids bruh?
>>
>>51404794
>>51404830
>>51404947
>>51405023
>>51405072

i found the weebs
>>
> OP baiting people on 4chan

> people fall for it

> mfw
>>
>>51407530
>calling people weebs on a vietnamese breadbaking forum
m8
>>
>>51407578
99% sure OP is going to now sit down and enjoy a nice vat of popcorn while mashing f5
>>
File: SquintingPhilipJFry.jpg (142KB, 735x1150px) Image search: [Google]
SquintingPhilipJFry.jpg
142KB, 735x1150px
>>51404725
>Non-Tropes
>Anime
>Highschool/College kids OFTEN showing me a portraits
>prattle on prattle
>>
>>51404725

Agreed. It's one of the downsides of a hobby that attracts loners and weirdos.

Another thing is memes. Every chance they get is a fucking meme. You can't say "you activate" without a couple of fuckwits saying "my trap card".
>>
>>51404725

Not tg related you fucking weeb. Anime infiltration of tabletop is a cancer.
>>
>>51409025

Forever DM here, 27 years of experience. I have a easy litmus test for prospective players.

1. Has gainful employment and/or enrolled in school. Has career goals even if not particularly ambitious ones.

2. Has or has had a romantic significant other or spouse.

3. Has interests outside of nerdom.
>>
>>51409088
Not a bad test at all.
>>
>>51409088
>3. Has interests outside of nerdom.
You could be as much of an animal nerd as a D&D nerd. Clarify.
>>
I'm the only GM on my college campus, I'm in pretty high demand and run two games a week.

Boy do I get the revulsion to weebs. People with an interest in anime is one thing, people who seem like that's their only interest are on a whole other level.

Luckily they are easy to weed out.
>>
>>51409088

Excellent test
>>
>>51409088
>2. Has or has had a romantic significant other or spouse.
Yep shitting on socially deprived people even more is certainly the solution and won't create more Elliots.

Hope you get shot by an upset virgin, asshole.
>>
>>51409088
Good test, but I know a couple players that pass this and are still fucking awful.

I would perhaps add:
>4. Habitual or excessive drug use

I've played with people who refused to come to the table sober (either pot or alcohol) and passed all those other tests. It was fucking awful. It's cool if you want to do it on your own time, but when there's 4 other people who want to have a serious game then you can fuck right off
>>
File: 1.png (6KB, 289x210px) Image search: [Google]
1.png
6KB, 289x210px
>>51410533
t. upset virgin

He doesn't have to worry about you, if you haven't managed to ever get a girlfriend you're never going to summon the nerve to do something because people refused to play make believe with you.
>>
>>51411403
>if you haven't managed to ever get a girlfriend you're never going to summon the nerve to do something because people refused to play make believe with you.
Okay man that sure stopped Elliot Rodgers and any of the other angry virgin shooters- oh wait.

You realize angry virgins shoot up due to the accumulation of social rejection right? It's not "oh man I am a virgin after x years time to light some bitches up" it's "I'm constantly socially rejected so I'm going to commit the ultimate social taboo in an effort to show that I still have some power even if I am ignored"
But keep on keeping on with that attitude I'm not the one that's going to get shot.
>>
>>51409680
It seems to be fairly upfront, you have an interest outside rpgs/video games.
>>51410533
>chuckles at you
Look, man, I know plenty of guy that haven't gotten a girl, but 9/10 times, it's their own fault. It is a decent indicator of social skills.
>>51410645
I've never actually dealt with this.
>>51411492
No one cares.
>>
File: 1462372116031.jpg (222KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1462372116031.jpg
222KB, 1280x720px
>>51411571
>No one cares.
I do.
>>
>>51404725
That sounds like classical autism, but in the case that they are discussing it amongst themselves and you are the one who is getting tired of it, I don't have a lot of suggestions. Find company that better suits you, I suppose, because in that situation, you become the autist by silently seething about everyone else enjoying themselves.

If you're DMing and you feel the players are losing interest, try to appeal more to their tastes. I don't mean pandering, but if you have a group of weebs who deeply enjoy anime, and then you decide to run a historical campaign or something that doesn't really fit their preference, they're gonna feel disconnected.

Like I dunno what you really want from us here. Did you want advice?

Of course not. You wanted to engage in some light circlejerking. This is a blatant bitchpost and you're a blatant bitch. The subject is just an excuse to open a discussion about your problems with an anonymous imageboard when you really, really should be having that conversation with your fucking players.

tl;dr

IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM WITH YOUR GROUP, TALK TO YOUR FUCKING GROUP, NOT 4CHAN.
>>
File: 1474431041126.jpg (18KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
1474431041126.jpg
18KB, 320x240px
>>51411571
>Look, man, I know plenty of guy that haven't gotten a girl, but 9/10 times, it's their own fault. It is a decent indicator of social skills.

I'd bitch more about this, but considering you sound like an absolute fucking tool, I'll just thank you for removing yourself from the pool of DnD games I can join and leave it at that.
>>
>>51411492
This reminds of that thing about geek social fallacies that I read.

Yep, went to look it up and it's "Ostracizers are Evil". There's nothing wrong with punting weirdos from your group, and never having even one decent relationship by early adulthood is a pretty solid sign that a person has issues. These people should not be coddled and told that they are fine they are. They aren't. They should be told to get in therapy and make an honest effort to better themselves.

Another thing, social rejection doesn't churn out school shooters. Mental illnesses do.
>>
File: 1466912075082.gif (3MB, 400x180px) Image search: [Google]
1466912075082.gif
3MB, 400x180px
>>51411652
>I'll just thank you for removing yourself from the pool of DnD games I can join and leave it at that.

So you're saying you would fail his litmus test? You're a NEET virgin who only has nerd hobbies?

No wonder you're so mad.
>>
>>51411571
>Look, man, I know plenty of guy that haven't gotten a girl, but 9/10 times, it's their own fault. It is a decent indicator of social skills.
That has nothing to do with the argument.
Whether or not the lack of social success if the persons own fault or not, it will not stop the bullet from killing you when they go on a mass murder spree out of frustration.
>>
>>51411738
Frustration doesn't make mentally healthy people go on murder sprees, you idiot.
>>
>>51411688
>and never having even one decent relationship by early adulthood is a pretty solid sign that a person has issues.
But it's not? Not having a relationship until you are able to support a family is the norm because that 1 relationship is the only one you're going to get, historically speaking. At best not having a relationship if you've never had a family supporting job is neutral.
And going to college itself doesn't support a family.
>Another thing, social rejection doesn't churn out school shooters. Mental illnesses do.
Considering your criteria for mental illness is social rejection...
>>
>>51404725
I'm forever amused by /tg/ enthusiasts thinking they have any place to feel superior to any other sect of spergdom.
>>
File: Elite_teams.png (420KB, 1305x5700px) Image search: [Google]
Elite_teams.png
420KB, 1305x5700px
>>51411750
shh lets pretend to be intimidated by anon
>>
>>51411767
t. kissless virgin looking for a boyfriend free girl
>>
>>51411750
What is or isn't "mentally healthy" is only obvious after the fact, anon.

Frustration can make people do horrible things. A single moment of weakness is all it takes for some man in a coat to designate your entire life as unhealthy, yet people live and die in the same conditions every day.
>>
>>51411767
Do you believe that it's normal for your marriage to be your first relationship anon?
Are you a refugee from history times?
>>
>>51411596
Then perhaps you ought to do something about it irl rather than complain on 4chan?
>>51411652
I believe you need to tone down your mad, anon.
>>51411688
This entire post. That geek social fallacies thing is absolutely true, and having recognized them, I crush them in my group whenever they come up.
>>51411738
You certainly are focused on this shooting thing which is phenomenally rare compared to other types of violence.
>>51411767
Your entire post is silly, anon.
And social rejection isn't a mental illness, the person that uses it as an excuse is the problem.
>>
File: 1456426029787.jpg (57KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
1456426029787.jpg
57KB, 900x900px
>>51411738
>waaaaah the cool kids aren't letting me hang out mommy they're being mean
>waaah get shot by mass murderers you jerk
>i'm going to tell mommy you won't let me in

Look, you don't have to be drowning in pussy. You have to have had ONE relationship, period, have ONE hobby that isn't nerdy, and be employed or in school.

If you can't do even that, why are you trying to join a DnD game at all? This is why I don't invite idiot NEETs to my games, because they inevitably throw hissy fits when something doesn't go their way.
>>
File: indescribable expression.jpg (851KB, 5000x3869px) Image search: [Google]
indescribable expression.jpg
851KB, 5000x3869px
>>51411811
>Then perhaps you ought to do something about it irl rather than complain on 4chan?

I'm not the anon you responded to initially.
But you're right, I should be doing something else.
Maybe play some Overwatch.
>>
>>51410533
>Yep shitting on socially deprived people even more is certainly the solution and won't create more Elliots.
It seems like those people do a good job of removing themselves from the equation.
>>
Greybeard DM here.

Yes no drug use beyond social drinking allowed at game night and dont show up wasted.

As I get older with more fiduciary, job and familial responsibilities I cherish game time even more.

I have two younger players both under 25 who are good players. However they have loads of free time and yet are the most likely to run late, flake out, forget to bring something, etc.

My fellow family men who are making time to be here every Sunday evening from 6-10:30 are totally dedicated and punctual.
>>
>>51404947
this
>>
File: 1474085670114.jpg (90KB, 640x592px) Image search: [Google]
1474085670114.jpg
90KB, 640x592px
>all this permavirgin assmad

Holy fuck you guys are pathetic.
>>
>>51411878
Well how'my supposed to get laid if the criteria for socialization is "has already socialized."

Am I just supposed to lie?
>>
>>51411902
Just be yourself.
>>
>>51411792
And this has anything to do with my argument that: whether it is their fault or not, assmad virgins still going to shoot you just as dead?
>>51411802
It's normal in a historical context, the context humans and their mental systems evolved in.
>>51411820
>Look, you don't have to be drowning in pussy. You have to have had ONE relationship, period
But this has nothing to do with someones mental state. Why do you believe this?
If no one has thought anon sexually attractive it means that he is mentally ill? How are they even remotely equivalent?
Are you saying mental illness and being ugly are mutually inclusive? That's far more fucked up than being a virgin in your 20s, mate.
>>
>>51411902
Buy a prostitute?
>>
>>51411902
>>51411878
Why is getting laid the only criteria for proving that you're "socialized"?

Not even going into stuff like religion, asexuality, or the fact that the guy might just be unlucky in love. The "you must have had a romantic relationship or something is wrong with you" rule makes you sound like a tool.
>>
File: T_T.jpg (17KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
T_T.jpg
17KB, 400x300px
>>51411915
go 'way you're not helpful
>>
>>51411934
A prostitute isn't a relationship though
>>
>>51411902
No, the criteria for people wanting to spend time with you is "don't be a total worthless NEET."

Shower, shave, go out to a party or concert or something, meet some people. If you're in your teens or early 20's it's not at all hard to get a one-month relationship and break your mental taboo about how scary vaginas are and how you'll never be near one.

You don't even need to get laid, just be able to demonstrate that someone might one day choose to spend time with you voluntarily.
>>
File: 1480287852368.png (71KB, 446x459px) Image search: [Google]
1480287852368.png
71KB, 446x459px
>>51411939
It's good advice, anon.
Once you can be yourself, you can know yourself.
The sooner you realize what a piece of useless shit you truly are, the sooner you can drop all pretense of being socially significant and focus on the more important things.
>>
>>51411962
>No, the criteria for people wanting to spend time with you is "don't be a total worthless NEET."
People spending time with you isn't the same thing as having a romantic relationship.
>>
>>51411935
Because you are conflating romance with sex.
The point is having proof that you are cognizant enough of acceptable social norms, and a strong indicator of that is a relationship with another person.
Anon, if this bothers you so much, perhaps you could use this as the catharsis to seek positive change for yourself? It's not as hard as you think, shit, I didn't get a girl until I was 25 and decided I wanted better for myself, then did so.
>>
>>51411779
>I'm forever amused by /tg/ enthusiasts thinking they have any place to feel superior to any other sect of spergdom.
Someone should edit that flow chart about "Levels of nerds that look down on other nerds" to include "people who post about it on /tg/" at the bottom.

If someone has the chart I'll do it myself.
>>
>>51411962
>You don't even need to get laid, just be able to demonstrate that someone might one day choose to spend time with you voluntarily.

fucking this

more important than getting the sex is showing you can actually maintain a friendship outside game night

because gamers who can only socialize over games are what I personally try to avoid
>>
>>51411767
>historically speaking
We aren't talking about history. We're talking about the modern day where highschool students are capable of maintaining lengthy, intimate relationships and college students do so commonly. By the time a person is in their 20's it's not unusual to have had two or three long term relationships and a multitude of shorter ones. You don't need to marry your first girlfriend and pump babies into her to be considered normal.

>Considering your criteria for mental illness is social rejection...
It takes a hardcore mental illness to make somebody rationalize mass murder. Literal insanity. That's not the same as having issues that make you into a fucking weirdo that nobody wants to hang out with. Somebody could have both, but they aren't mutually inclusive.
>>
>>51412009
>Because you are conflating romance with sex
Okay, sexuality is a part of romance.
>, and a strong indicator of that is a relationship with another person.
A strong indicator would just be if you have friends in general.

Why is a ROMANTIC relationship necessary to prove that? You can have tons of close friends you do shit with all the time, but something is obviously wrong with you if you can't attract or maybe don't really want to deal with a romantic partner?
>>
File: index.jpg (6KB, 207x243px) Image search: [Google]
index.jpg
6KB, 207x243px
>>51411994
GO fuck yourself, asshÔl
>>
>>51412028
>more important than getting the sex is showing you can actually maintain a friendship outside game night
We aren't talking about just platonic friendship. We're talking about a romantic relationship.
>>
>>51411962
>Shower, shave, go out to a party or concert or something, meet some people. If you're in your teens or early 20's it's not at all hard to get a one-month relationship and break your mental taboo about how scary vaginas are and how you'll never be near one.
Come on normalfag, at least try to not be so stereotypical. Stop giving advice that you'd never do yourself in out shoes.
>go out to a party
So I'm supposed to just barge into a party uninvited? Or worse, barge into conversations and circles of friends uninvited? You don't make actual friends from small talk, I know that much.
>or concert
Fake interest is something just for a girlfriend? Holy shit you're not a normalfag at all. You're a failed normalfag.
>If you're in your teens or early 20's it's not at all hard to get a one-month relationship
*if you're attractive, have money, have a social circle that you can go out with/get invited to previously mentioned parties and concerts
>>
>>51412049
I speak from experience, anon.
>>
File: 1457408345191.gif (904KB, 500x532px) Image search: [Google]
1457408345191.gif
904KB, 500x532px
As an actual diagnosed autist who can't socialize in non-DnD contexts to save my life this discussion saddens me greatly.
>>
>>51412029
>It takes a hardcore mental illness to make somebody rationalize mass murder.
??? Humans see war as something inevitable and normal. What is mass murder but war on a more personal scale?
>>
File: geekchartbig.gif (34KB, 1000x581px) Image search: [Google]
geekchartbig.gif
34KB, 1000x581px
>>51412022
Is this the one
>>
I don't remember /tg/ having this many genuine autists in the past.

Are we being raided by /r9k/?

>>51412089
That's it, thanks! Back in a jiffy.
>>
>>51412092
Let me guess, /tg/ used to be better too, huh?
>>
>>51412095
/tg/ is better than this, it's just being raided by false-flagging samefags who want to shit up the thread.

Threads that start off this shitty rarely get better over time.
>>
>>51411923
>It's normal in a historical context, the context humans and their mental systems evolved in.
It definitely isn't normal in the 21st century. Social norms change all the fucking time. Only the most hardcore of hardcore religious people buy into that anymore.

>But this has nothing to do with someones mental state. Why do you believe this?
Because it's true. Romance is something that comes naturally to normal people, eccentric people even. If you haven't attracted even one person to you by adulthood, then there is probably something wrong with you. If you're ugly enough to repulse even average looking people, then I don't want to hang out with you.
>>
>>51412092
>>51412095
No, we've been invaded by /pol/ who has worse autists than /tg/ has ever had.
>>
File: A-Aha-Ahaha.gif (214KB, 500x240px) Image search: [Google]
A-Aha-Ahaha.gif
214KB, 500x240px
>>51412056
>Stop giving advice that you'd never do yourself in out shoes.

>mfw I literally just went out to a work party last weekend, danced with a bunch of hot girls (restaurant business is great for that) while you sat at home jerking off

There's lots of options for places to go. If you're so pathetic you literally have no friends who ever have parties (or their 'parties' are 5 dudes sitting around awkwardly drinking and playing Mario Kart), and you're so empty that you cannot think of a genre of music you enjoy and cannot go see a band that plays that music, then just go to a fucking bar and hit on people. You'll fail miserably, a lot, but at least you're trying and might get lucky

And you don't need to be attractive or have money. I'm a fucking dishwasher/line cook who blew 4 day's pay on a blazer for the party, and a 7/10 at best. I just fucking smile and asked them to dance, and they said yes because, shocking thing, they were there to have fun and women really enjoy dancing. I'm a shitty dancer, but I bobbed to the beat and kept going through multiple songs.

Life is as hard as you make it. Keep putting up reasons why you won't succeed so you don't need to try, then you won't try and will never succeed.
>>
>>51412118
So you're just a cunt then. Got it.
>>
>>51412056
Your hopelessness in your own situation is your biggest obstacle, anon.
You are your own worst enemy, not the world. When you digest that, you can do something about it.
>>51412042
Friends tend to be near to yourself in personality. Among friends, doing shit that would be unacceptable among others is usually not a problem.
A significant other is usually removed from this, that is why. Around my friends, I can go on about niggers and wetbacks to my heart's content and receive laughs. I know better than to do that among general public.
>>51412063
Why, anon?
This is really the opinions of people you will never interact with, and if you have been in groups without problems, what is being said here doesn't apply to you.
A good friend of mine is autistic, but it is a problem in game groups because he can't understand when he is wrong because his interpretations are always correct, not the GM's, on top of a host of other socially unacceptable acts. If you can groove in the group, go forth and do.
>>
File: geek hierarchy.png (148KB, 2100x1309px) Image search: [Google]
geek hierarchy.png
148KB, 2100x1309px
>>51412089
Thanks again
>>
File: 1463938419939.jpg (402KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1463938419939.jpg
402KB, 1280x720px
>>51412128
Why are you this buttmad about someone disagreeing with you? Why is it this important to "convince" someone you so clearly hate to force you to join his game?

You may think you're being clever, but all you're doing is proving him exactly right. If you're getting this mad over being told "no," why should he coddle you?
>>
>>51412138
>A significant other is usually removed from this, that is why.
This is beginning to sound more and more like you're the one with issues.
>>
>>51412158
Brb making a thread to complain about people who write star trek erotic furfiction and put themselves in the story
>>
>>51412159
I'm not getting mad. I'm just calling him a cunt and explaining why that's a nonsense rule. That's the entire point of, you know, discussions.

I wouldn't play with someone like that in the first place.
>>
>>51412171

Don't you fucking judge me.
>>
File: derisive anime girl.jpg (95KB, 897x869px) Image search: [Google]
derisive anime girl.jpg
95KB, 897x869px
>>51412138
>A significant other is usually removed from this
>>
>>51409088
>1
Currently making 6 figures because my industry is grossly overpaid. However strikes me as a bit odd. Doesn't actually test for anything except ability to hold down a job and that isn't hard in the slightest. What do you do, ask them their career goals and if they can't give you something concrete you pass on them. Strikes me as weird for the school kids as well considering the worst players I have ever seen have been college students.
>2
Strikes me as odd as this doesn't seem to in any way indicate a good or bad player. You can be in a relationship and be a god awful person.
>3
This one really depends on one's definition of "nerd". I read quite a lot, study philosophy in my spare time, and write. Those could all be considered. Nerdy.
>>
>>51410645
Man I'm an alcoholic but I don't bring that to game unless I'm playing an alcoholic. Then I drink as necessary to method act.
>>
>>51409088
:'(
>>
>>51412191
What I'm saying is I pass all the tests and am still a fucking abraisive autist.
>>
>>51412193
The fuck is a "KV"
>>
File: Relax.gif (896KB, 357x500px) Image search: [Google]
Relax.gif
896KB, 357x500px
>>51412193
>/r9k/ autist literally hits on every woman he sees
>as forward and aggressive as possible
>trys to learn from pickup artists on fuking Youtube
>wonders why it doesn't work

This is part of why people say, "be yourself". Because if you try and go as hard at possible at changing yourself, especially when your goal is interacting with other people, you overdo it really easily. If you're too afraid to cold-call, or it hasn't worked out, then join a dating app or go to a singles thing or something. Trust me, there's some girl out there just as desperate as you are.
>>
>>51412083
>What is mass murder but war on a more personal scale?
Are you for real? People kill in war mostly because when it comes to combat they get fucking scared and don't want to die. Literally kill or be killed. What drives people to enlist is different. Maybe they want to fight for their country. Maybe they just don't have anything else in their life. Maybe they just want to kill people (in which case they have mental illnesses and will fail their psychological examination). And what's more the people they're killing aren't their own people that they've grown up with and go to school with and otherwise know on a personal level. They're just people who are trying to kill them.

So yeah, that's pretty different from a person who will gun down the people he knows in cold blood. I can't believe you're trying to justify mass murderers as nothing more than victims of social rejection.
>>
>>51412256
>Being this new
You need to leave

TL note: KV means Kissless Virgin
>>
>>51412276
The fuck is a "TL"
>>
>>51410645
>Habitual
You have nevet played with slavs have you? It's normal to garb a beer after/twords the end of a session here
>>
>>51412281
Damn son lurk the fuck more.
>>
>>51412276
>new
>trying to normalize robotspeak

back to your containment board
>>
File: Elf Slav Wat Do.jpg (202KB, 700x842px) Image search: [Google]
Elf Slav Wat Do.jpg
202KB, 700x842px
>>51412290
'A' beer with your friends is one thing, normal in North America too. Showing up drunk or hungover regularly, or going out after every session and getting wasted, is not.

Then again we don't have to drink away the pain of being a slav.
>>
>>51412266
His "self" is apparently an ugly total autist, though.
>>
File: Popcorn.gif (484KB, 275x210px) Image search: [Google]
Popcorn.gif
484KB, 275x210px
Delightfull thread
>>
>>51412256
Kissless virgin.
>be yourself
The issue with this is that the advice wouldn't be needed if it worked.
>>
>>51412172
I wouldn't play with you either. Go back to your weirdos and hideous rejects, anon.
>>
>>51412327
The trick of being habitual drunk is that your friends can never tell you're drunk, because they have never seen you sober and take your drunk self for your natural state - which it pretty much is by that point.
>>
>>51412281
Translator's note.
>>
>>51412301
>He thinks the concept of KV is anything new
The only person new here is you, considering you didn't even know TL means. You literally don't belong on this website
>>
>>51412276
>/r9k/ trying to fit in on /tg/
Yeesh
>>
>>51412298
>>51412386
Why isn't it "TN" then?
>>
>>51412118
Hell yeah, this is the only outlook that'll keep shitheads out of otherwise wonderful groups.
>>
>>51412401
Some use TN, some use TL. Don't know why
>>51412400
Being asocial autist is 4chan culture, you fucking newfag.
>>
>>51412118
>Romance is something that comes naturally to normal people, eccentric people even.
But Tesla died a virgin?
>>
>>51412423
Not anymore. Now it's all "tfw my gf", no more "tfw no gf". Subtle change, I know.
>>
File: 1469086338458.jpg (43KB, 329x353px) Image search: [Google]
1469086338458.jpg
43KB, 329x353px
>>51412403
>>
>>51409088
Mine's a tad simpler:
>Be able to show up consistently and on time.
>Be able to avoid social media, recreational drug use, cell phone communications and other distractions during game time.
>Be able to compromise, negotiate, and keep non-relevant discussion to a respecftul minimum (nobody minds a good joke or asking if anyone wants another glass while you're up, but nobody wants you airing out personal disputes or debating religion and politics at the table unless it's in-setting and in-character).
>>
>>51412423
Only newfags call people newfags, anon.
>>
>>51412439
were also shifting from >gf to >g(m)f
>>
>>51412464
Okay whatever you say man.
If you can't hang with the 4chan lingo you need to go back to gaia.
>>
>>51412403
>Hell yeah, this is the only outlook that'll keep shitheads out of otherwise wonderful groups.
I know plenty of assholes that get into relationships with utter fucking bitches all the time.

If "someone has desired this person romantically and this person reciprocated those feelings/vice versa" is a big metric for how you determine if someone is a shithead or not, you're probably a shithead too.
>>
>>51412437
>literal OCD autist who invented some things and lied his ass off about inventing others

Also, doesn't count, he fucked a pigeon
>>
>>51412327
a beer in slav is 4 or more mate
>>
>this thread
>>
File: Monte Cook Games.png (145KB, 830x974px) Image search: [Google]
Monte Cook Games.png
145KB, 830x974px
>>51412495
Not really. It's one autist trying desperately to justify why his life is still meaningful when he spends it complaining on /r9k/ about how he has no life because he can't bring himself to try to get a life.
>>
>>51412495
no u
>>
>>51412437
Wouldn't let Tesla in my group either.
>>
>>51411902
Treat girls like bitches, works 90% of the time
>>
>>51412529
You sound boring. I'd bet you'd let that faggot Edison play too.
>>
>this whole discussion about romantics
Anyone who cares this much about another person's love life, or conversely cares this much about how other people view their love life, is really not worth keeping at the table.
>>
>>51412554
Wouldn't let Edison in either. He'd just bitch about Tesla and steal all my character and campaign ideas.
>>
>>51411962
>shave

Fuck off, I like my beard.
>>
>>51412567
>>51412554
>muh oatmeal

Edison was by all accounts charismatic and great at parties, if a bit self-centered, and he had insane ideas like a concrete house poured into one massive frame that suggests to me that he can think creatively and create interesting situations. I'd absolutely play with him.
>>
Speaking of gaming etiquette, might as well throw my predicament into the lot for second opinion.
I'm sysadmin by trade and I do emergency duty on weekends - meaning I need to have a laptop and phone on me all the time and when there's urgent issue I get a call to fix it. It doesn't happen often and usually takes under 20 minutes to resolve, but it's quite obvious interruption.
Would this be tolerable on a player?
>>
>>51412598
Would you still let him play when he starts putting his magical realm in the game in the form of torture-murdering animals?
>>
>>51412588
was not talking about the beard
>>
>>51412588
Is it on your neck?

But so long as you keep it trimmed, that's fine. The look these days is for a few day's growth, tidied up with a trimmer.
>>
File: th.jpg (14KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
th.jpg
14KB, 300x300px
>>51412598
nah fuck you and fuck edison
>>
>>51412158
this chart is funny because RPG players have elitism against video games.
See all the "X isn't a true RPG, it's a tabletop mmo" back from when 4e was relevant.
>>
>>51412632
>play D&D
>game that is 90% torture-murder of fantasy animals and people, and 10% selling the stuff you ripped from their bodies for gear to torture-murder better

This is a problem how?
>>
>>51412266
Speaking as a kiss less virgin who showers daily, has friends who absorb most of his free time, and works a 9-5 in an office, I've got to say the dating app thing really hasn't worked so far.

Then again, I'm pretty unattractive at the best of times. And my unfortunate midsection is probably a factor.
>>
>>51409088
I pass all 3 and im still sometimes an asshole
>>
>>51412677
>torture
I think you've been playing with some very weird people anon
more than the usual weird people who play RPGs at least.

No normal murderhobo wastes time torturing when there could be more things to murder/loot
>>
>>51412612
If you talked to me about it, I'd understand, so long as you left the table.
Real life > Game, always.
>>
>>51412719
>Real life < Game
If you have real life to do don't be playing games
>>
>>51412664
But RPG players don't really consider themselves "less geeky" than video game players, unless you're shooting for the whole "normies = geeks muh nerd culture bazinga blackface" thing. Even then most people would probably disagree with you.
>>
File: Acid Everywhere.png (102KB, 1044x755px) Image search: [Google]
Acid Everywhere.png
102KB, 1044x755px
>>51412717
Playing with wizards means torture is inevitable. They never use Power Word Kill if they have the option for something more flashy.
>>
>>51412744
Woops, I didn't read the little thing saying that the arrow meant I "considers themselves less gecky than" so I read the chart as "consider themselves better than". My mistake.
>>
>>51412750
The wizards I play with never bother with dirtying their hands with the actual killing

they just paralyze/put to sleep/immobilize/stun/freeze the enemies (or whomever is in the way) and then they let the other murderhoboes do the murderhoboing.
>>
>>51412162
>>51412190
This.

Not that the guy is wrong - the average relationship is a disgusting thing to behold. That doesn't mean you can't do better, though.
>>
>>51411571

It's true. Most girls are really just real life NPCs you can get if you solve their quest line. Or just lie a lot.
>>
Regardless of all the rationalization in this thread the sheer amout of /r9k/ faggots insisting their lack of a single relationship doesn't say anything about them/is everyone else's fault is hilarious.
>>
>>51412936
>doesn't say anything about them
It does say something about them.

But certainly not enough to justify "I don't play games of pretend with people who don't have girlfriends/wives".
>>
>>51412969
Fair enough, the salt is just amusing to behold
>>
>>51413056
Well, you are rubbing salt on already open wounds
>>
>>51409088
Don't we have enough horror stories here that contradict assumptions made with your second criteria?
>>
>>51412969
He said somebody who has never had even one girlfriend. Not just single people.
>>
>>51411994
>Best advice in thread
>>
>>51413228
>He said somebody who has never had even one girlfriend. Not just single people.
I stand by my statement regardless.
>>
What if the person who has never been in a relationship is cripplingly ugly, or indian?
>>
>>51409088
Good test, can't say i pass it, but good test.
>>
>>51413341
If the person is cripplingly ugly then they probably have a bunch of issues from that. It's not like they would be a perfectly normal person who just happens to be hideous.
>>
>>51412524
No, its a bunch of fucking redditors thinking that they know what 4chan is like despite being here for less than a year.
I've been here since fucking 2012 and i'm still a goddamn newfag but
>get out you unvirgin
is a fucking banner for a reason.
>>
File: 1469687808020.gif (449KB, 500x354px) Image search: [Google]
1469687808020.gif
449KB, 500x354px
>>51404725
>talking to NPC in a different language
>passing notes because no one else understands the language
>another player gets pissed and demands to know what we're saying
How fucking paranoid do you have to be to think we're talking about you?
>>
>>51413479
Do you pass notes physically or by phone texting?
>>
>>51411923
>It's normal in a historical context, the context humans and their mental systems evolved in.
Bro in a historical context it's normal to have 6 wives and fuck 13 year olds. You don't live in a historical context. You're a virgin right now. Not in the 18th century.
>>
>>51404725
>complains about weebshit
>posts a pic from a weebshit game made by a jap company that heavily references animu and mango in thier games
? ? ?
>>
>>51413517
Physically writing it down on a piece of paper and sliding it across the table. I announced I was going to talk to the Halfling in Halfling before that.
>>
>>51412485
No man they just don't need to be at our table disrupting the game with their attitude and fantasies. I've had to deal with this three separate times before, with virgins who were jealous, butthurt, and kept trying to make plots romances surrounding their character.
>>
>>51413564
>heavily references animu and mango in their games

Referencing something doesn't mean prattling on, and on, about said thing.
>>
File: kids-erasable-magnetic-board.jpg (334KB, 1600x1084px) Image search: [Google]
kids-erasable-magnetic-board.jpg
334KB, 1600x1084px
>>51413517
Accept no substitute.
>>
>>51412056
Your belief that performing normal social activities is impossible or unlikely is probably half the reason you're so socially inept.
Going to concerts, making friends via smalltalk, and crashing parties are all pretty standard.
>>
>>51412083
When you say things like this, it just makes it more obvious that there's something wrong with you.
Avoiding weirdos who can't understand why a normal human being would be averse to murder is the whole reason people don't want to hang around with people who can't build meaningful relationships.
>>
>>51413479
It's the result of an intriguing mix of egocentricity (that everything said is about you) and low self-esteem (that it's negative). I used to be like that in middle school when I was a snot-nosed chubster.
>>
>>51412423
>Being asocial autist is 4chan culture, you fucking newfag.
Not anymore sperg :) This is normie country now
>>
>>51413649
It's still hypocritical to scorn weebshit while simultaneously enjoying it.
>>
>>51412457
You sound boring.
I don't want autistic players, but I REALLY don't want an autist GM who rees because I occasionally text my gf or someone wants to throw out some small talk.
>>
File: 1459700248397.jpg (23KB, 391x366px) Image search: [Google]
1459700248397.jpg
23KB, 391x366px
>>51412731
>not allowed to play if you have no life
>not allowed to play if you have a life
I guess just don't play.
>>
>>51413816
He's not scorning weebshit. He's scorning people derailing the table with it.
>>
>>51413412
I met a guy like that. Very nice guy, training to become a pastry chef, just happened to be ugly as sin. Only complex he might have had was overcompensating by being really nice to try and make up for how fucking ugly he was. Also tended to play beautiful/high charisma characters.
>>
>>51412936
It's amazing how people can delude themselves into thinking being a kissless virgin well into your 20s is normal.
>>
>>51412446
Nah, I'm standing by our discerning DM here because he knows what's up
>>
>>51409088
Shit test, I'd pass and I'm a huge weeb
>>
File: 1464712346778.gif (428KB, 200x183px) Image search: [Google]
1464712346778.gif
428KB, 200x183px
>>51413896
Fuck, I thought people being this shitty at socializing was just a meme, but apparently not.

It's hard in this day and age to fuck up so bad you can't even have one romantic interest most of the time. I can't imagine someone being so bad at it they can't get one ever.
>>
>>51409088
>tfw massive abrasive autistic weeb
>tfw pass test easily
>>
File: 1474422617667.jpg (13KB, 412x414px) Image search: [Google]
1474422617667.jpg
13KB, 412x414px
>Replies: 176
>Posters: 55
Why are you idiots still debating this shit?

Hell, what are you even debating at this point?
>>
>>51414178
Same reason you're monitoring the thread, pumpkin.
>>
>>51414178
I believe I can see the future
'Cause I repeat the same routine...
>>
>>51409088
Well, at least I'm not a complete failure.
>>
>>51414196
>>51414234
I'm just here for the free (You)s
>>
>>51413119

It's a basic test for properly socialized behaviors. We are going to play a social game after all. It's Not an absolutely rule. I'm happy to make exceptions but I'm definitely on high alert if an adult has no people or things in thier life other than playing RPGs.

Always remember with prospective new players: There is a reason they are looking for a group.

That reason could be they just moved into town but it could also be they are a huge asshole that has been kicked out of numerous groups or can't get into a group on the first place.

My first locality is to my existing players and keeping retards out of the group. It's going to fall to me as DM to kick out problem players anyway.

People I've kicked out that passed this general test:

1. Army medic dude. Normal looking guy with a girlfriend. Drives like a maniac, very dangerous. Plays exclusively female rogues. Is always trying to steal from party members and Plant stolen look. Passes notes to DM constantly (like note that says "this pizza is good") so as to cloak his note passing when he starts fucking with party. Lasted 3 months of weekly (4-5 hr session) play.

2. Argumentative rules lawyer guy. A married pharmacist. Very intelligent. Very argumentative with myself and with other players. Seemed primarily interested to arguing about rules and exposing loopholes and character builds. This was playing D&D 3.5 so he had ample opportunities. This went on for 6 months of weekly games before I booted him out.

3. Wiccan swinger Dragon Fetish/thinks he is a vampire guy. Skinny guy with very fat wife. Trench coat and chain wearing goth. Constantly late, attempts to inject his dragon and vampire fetish into everything. Had to boot him out because he was routinely hitting on in and out of game one of my single female players to join his bi poly orgy coven. Total fucking creep. Lasted like 6 sessions. I should add sexual deviants and the religiously obsessed.
>>
>>51414243
How many was it so unlock Gold Account again?
>>
>>51409088
>Hey want to join my D&D game?
"Sure OK."
>Ok first tell me the last time you had a girlfriend or wife
>Tell me the details too
>ohh yeah that's it

The fuck dude?
>>
>>51414328

That's not how it goes. I meet with all prospective players in a neutral location usually over lunch or coffee to discuss what they are looking for in a game/expectations, character concept, find out about them.

It's not an interrogation session. More of a getting to know you (and decide if I want to let you know where I live).
>>
>>51414359
Honestly an interview a game that formal sends up tons of red flags for me as a player as to the quality of the GM. Particularly asking about my previous relationships.
>>
>>51414243
>>51414196 (You)

Thanks!
>>
>>51414379
As a player, I would be glad to do it if it means joining a group with standards.
>>
>>51414379

Then probally best you don't play with us if asking what you do for a living or asking about your family etc is bothersome to you. If you think I ask for a captians log of your sexual conquests your autism is showing.
>>
>>51414379

So let's put the shoe on the other foot. If you were the hosting DM you would invite a stranger to your home without knowing a little bit about that person besides they like elf games?
>>
>>51414426
If you did ask for a log of sexual conquests, I have a feeling he would be handing in a blank sheet of paper.
>>
>>51414426 #
Asking what I do for a living is fine. I'm currently single and a GM asking about previous girlfriends throws up the red flags. I don't feel like previous relationships pertain to the game and someone I just met asking me to recount some number of previous relationships is what I do not like.

But really how do you ask the question in a way that does not seem obtrusive if you get the answer of "I'm single" when you ask about their relationships. In fact how do you frame asking about their relationships?
>>
>>51414359
I wanted to say you're overly paranoid, but if the gaming happens at your place I think it's justifiable precaution.

>>51414379
It's quite simple to drop a line or two in the course of conversation, you might not even notice you're being questioned.
>>
>>51414465
Asking about my current relationship, job, etc. does not phase me. Asking about past ones is what does.
>>
>>51409088
i am KV as well, without pointless trolling,if you had before you a person who definitely does know how to deal with people,has friends and is aware of social norms and all that, would you accept him?
>>
>>51414493
>It's quite simple to drop a line or two in the course of conversation, you might not even notice you're being questioned.
I have had people try to do this and it is supremely obvious when people are digging for information.

See the asking about past relationship again is the part I focus on as something obtrusive. Like I said I am currently single but during college I had a long term girlfriend. I do not want to talk about that relation with someone I just met and someone digging for it is obvious if they want to know something besides the fact I am currently single.
>>
File: sus.jpg (152KB, 712x1356px) Image search: [Google]
sus.jpg
152KB, 712x1356px
>>51414494
>Asking about past ones is what does
Why? Got something to hide?
>>
>>51414533
>I am currently single but during college I had a long term girlfriend
Literally all you have to say to get past that part of the test.
>>
>>51414590
Generally if I know someone so little that an interview like this is required then I don't know them well enough to talk about old relationships. Really what I'm seeing is that the actual details matter far less than how someone conducts themselves in conversation and if the GM in this case has to know I put it as more of a fault on him.
>>
>>51414669
I don't care that it is. The fact that the GM felt the need to ask puts me at I do not want to play with this GM or am at least wary.
>>
>>51414698
>The fact that the GM felt the need to ask puts me at I do not want to play with this GM or am at least wary
Why? It's not an invasive question.
>>
>>51413822
>focus on the game
>somehow, this is bad
The above poster was right, the salt is real in this thread, and it's honestly pretty sad.
>>
>>51414698
Ironically the only people who can push this sort of question with blatantly obvious subtlety would be my family. For anybody else I would discount it as general small-talk and pay it no mind. Even if it's person I'm seeing for the first time.
>>
>>51414111
>tfw you get kicked in short order because you are still an asshole, you just got the chance to show how much an asshole you are
>>
>>51414533
>he doesn't like bitching about his ex
>laughing chads.jpg
You're still holding hope or what?
>>
>>51414819
It's a touchy subject. Since 4chan is anonymous I have less qualms with talking about it. She committed suicide when I was a senior and she a junior.
>>
>>51414502

Yes of course. I am trying to keep our problem players that I will invetiably kick out.

I don't actually care if you have a job, girlfriend or non nerdy interests. What I care about is if we can all have fun playing together based on some basic basic indicators of socialization.

Our autistic friends in this thread have tried to spin this. As if I am some sort of CIA interrogator.
>>
>>51414698
>am at least wary.
Good, then you can be sure that the GM is just as wary of inviting you into their home.
>>
File: 1483671500483.jpg (180KB, 945x945px) Image search: [Google]
1483671500483.jpg
180KB, 945x945px
>>51414897
>has a litmus test that he uses to weed out undesirables
>doesn't actually use or care about the litmus test

Then what the fuck's the point?
>>
>>51414359
>in a neutral location
See, that's where you're going wrong. You should meet them in your volcano fortress, or perhaps onboard the nuclear submarine.
>>
>>51414838
I'm sorry for your loss.

But when we look at that with a healthy dose of cynicism "Yeah, used to date a girl, then she killed herself." is actually great conversation stopper.
>>
File: 1482101407554.gif (1MB, 250x141px) Image search: [Google]
1482101407554.gif
1MB, 250x141px
>you have just applied to a local DM's game in town
>local DM contacts you back a day or two later, says he wants to meet at a cafe nearby to meet you beforehand
>sounds alright
>DM is in his 50s or 60s, smiling, looks nice enough
>says he's been doing this for 27 years, has a good amount of experience
>asks for your name, you both order drinks

>as you sip on your coffee, the DM starts to want to get to know you
>asks whether you're working or progressing on a degree, how it's going
>you both order food
>it's good
>he talks a bit about the others in the group
>"Hey anon, you have a girlfriend?"
>you pause for a moment
>it's a bit personal but alright
>"Nope," you say
>the DM nods his head a bit sagely
>"Any previous experience?"
>you look at him for a moment
>his eyes are warm, locked to yours, waiting for a response from you
>you stare back
>"Uh, that's a bit personal-"
>"I have 27 years of experience," the DM says, winking.
>you notice your coffee is suddenly cold

>you get up, excusing yourself, and go to the exit of the restaurant
>a waiter blocks the entrance
>it's one of the other players the DM described
>"Oh anon, you haven't answered all of the litmus test yet!" he says
>the DM is right behind your shoulder, smiling
>"You know, it's okay if you don't have previous experience. I can make exceptions," he says
>the other customers have started to get up
>they've begun to surround you
>"Why not play some DnD with us, anon?" they begin to say in unison

>as you're thinking what to do, the DM leans in
>you can feel his breath in your ear as he asks the final question
>"Do you have interests outside of nerdom?"
>you look around
>the circle is tightening
>"N-no," you blurt out
>the DM's hand crushes his coffee cup, you can hear sizzling as it burns his hand
>a few of the DM's players in the crowd let out muffled gasps
>the lights flicker
>spaghetti falls out of your pockets
>the DM smiles at you
>"Have a good day," he says, as the waiters usher you out
>>
>>51414959
To get a feel for the person, anon.
That you need to even ask something so stupid means you may need to see past your own nose at some point.
>>51414838
And my gf died of heart failure in her sleep next to me.
Dude, you gotta move on, and I speak from the heart on this. Remember the good times, but if it's still a sore thing, you may want to look into resolving your feelings in a constructive fashion.
>>
>>51415016
6/10
The crowd should have all had raging erections.
>>
>>51415033
>Dude, you gotta move on, and I speak from the heart on this. Remember the good times, but if it's still a sore thing, you may want to look into resolving your feelings in a constructive fashion.
I have moved on. I still don't want to talk about it with someone who is practically a stranger.
>>
>>51415066
Then you need not give details about it.
What part of all this made you think you did?
Being asked if you are in a relationship actually does have bearing on a game simply because it gives an idea of what your free time looks like.
I had a player with a pregnant gf, and he told me flat that if she needed him, he was out, and I was alright with it. It seems like you are getting needlessly touchy about something that isn't actually a gilded topic in casual conversation.
>>
File: 1457208762024.gif (2MB, 359x202px) Image search: [Google]
1457208762024.gif
2MB, 359x202px
>>51415033
>"what is the point of relying on a litmus test if it isn't even used and the owner admits the questions aren't important?"
>gee anon you're so fucking stupid, think a little

Wow you sure showed me what an idiot I am, well done.
>>
>>51415156
I have said again and again. I have no problem talking about my current relationship status. I do not wish to talk about previous.
>>
>>51415311
>what is the point of using a series of questions to learn about a person when you are trying to learn about a person
Yes, I have, and yes, you are a fucking moron.
>>
File: 1485074691770.gif (328KB, 549x598px) Image search: [Google]
1485074691770.gif
328KB, 549x598px
This is a fanfucking tastic thread.
>>
>>51415606
>a litmus test is just a series of questions to learn about a person, no big deal
Do you even know what a litmus test is, and what it entails?

You've been going around bragging about your "easy litmus test" for new players at your table, but now you're flat-out admitting you don't even have a clue what that term means or how it's used?
>>
>>51409088
What if you just aren't interested in relationships or sex? I have a normal, healthy friend group and pass 1. and 3., but I'm just not interested in fucking or gfs/bfs. I mean, I get why most people want them and can understand it intellectually, but it's just not for me.
>>
>>51409088
Can probably condense it to:
>any other hobbies?
>do you have any obligations?
>>
>>51415711
Too autistic, I wouldn't want you in my group.
>>
>>51415686
>he thinks I'm OP
Anon, you are really showing how stupid you are.
I'll waste a few minutes more on you: the point of the litmus test is to get a person talking, to learn about them and how they conduct themselves. It is a clue, not an all encompassing design, and OP even said it himself.
What the questions do is give you an idea of who the person is and how they conduct themselves among others. People who flub 2 of the 4 questions are likely not the sort you want in your home to game with.
>>51415738
Doesn't really get people talking, anon. It seems everyone is missing the point where you are supposed to learn about people from this, not use it as an end all, be all.
>>
>>51415738
>>do you have any obligations?
To my family, the God and the country.
>>
File: YHVH 3.jpg (18KB, 400x240px) Image search: [Google]
YHVH 3.jpg
18KB, 400x240px
>>51415820
>the God
>Not just God
>>
>>51415820
>the God
Which?
>>
>>51415839
>>51415841
Obviously he's a Roman or the like and referring to his specific household deity.
>>
>>51415760
>It is a clue, not an all encompassing design
Then that's the problem, because that's not what a litmus test is.

Also, that's not OP you dip, OP fell off the radar long ago
>>
File: YHVH.png (40KB, 228x316px) Image search: [Google]
YHVH.png
40KB, 228x316px
>>51415910
>Having multiple gods
>>
File: 1457385400386.gif (995KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
1457385400386.gif
995KB, 500x281px
>>51415820
>>51415839
>>51415921
>having gods
>>
>I want players who prioritize session flow over all else!
>3 fucking hours of the GM and the co GM arguing over a microspeck of XP gained by training
>Gm wants us to train before we gain XP from training and keep track of how far our 'training training' has progressed
>Another 30 minutes discussing how 'yeah with that training you've made 20% of the progress necessary before your training will give you XP'

I wish I was mad, but this is just a bore
>>
>>51404725
It's worse when your DM keeps basing games off them, and switching every 3 sessions. I only got to level 2 with him once in about half a year.
>>
Forever DM here, literal years of experience and a wicked sense of humour. I have an easy litmus test for prospective players.

1. Has gainful employment to pay my exorbiant entrance fees for the masterful fantasy I craft with my razor sharp wit.

2. Has a romantic spouse they are willing to allow me free access to when not DMing. No questions asked. Kids too, while we're at it.

3. Has hobbies to keep them distracted while I bang their spouse.

4. (Not required, but prefered) Large friend/family member to help keep undesirables away from my house on game night and scare off food delivery drones before I render payment unto them.

5. Washes hands after using the bathroom. At all.
>>
>>51415739
Cool, I don't want autists who think that the apex of the human experience is sticking it into someone/getting it stuck into you in my group, either.
>>
File: White Mage worried.jpg (113KB, 369x400px) Image search: [Google]
White Mage worried.jpg
113KB, 369x400px
>>51415841
>>51415910
>>51415950
>>
File: 1484209791388.png (2MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1484209791388.png
2MB, 1280x720px
>>51416021
>he doesn't want to get it stuck in him
What are you, gay?
>>
>>51404725
Im tired of hearing about dms who think theyre the top shit on earth I tend to dm a lot amongst my friends, I dont cobsider myself eveb that good a dm but someone has to do it. Everytime I try a new dm they have to be some smug english major, cant do any races you want to play because thats special snowflake, says they want a roleplaying campaign but no one really does it. Talks about how smart they are and how gripping the campaign will be when its just surface level.

I have to hand it to them for making me want to dm again but god damn, you can be a strict dm without being a smug asshole.
>>
File: 1495173591.png (462KB, 680x564px) Image search: [Google]
1495173591.png
462KB, 680x564px
>>51415016
>le epic trole 4channer greentext XDDDDD

Here's your (You)
>>
>>51411571
>It seems to be fairly upfront, you have an interest outside rpgs/video games.
Well you say that, but if that interest is in capeshit or weebtrash?
>>
File: IMG_5160.jpg (48KB, 623x375px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5160.jpg
48KB, 623x375px
>>51414838
>start getting BTFO and revealed to be an autistic piece of shit
>play the pity card by making up a dead girlfriend
If you did ever have a real gf, I would have killed myself for being with you too.
>>
>>51409088
Other DM here, I personally have no interest whatsoever in having a relationship, and it has been this way since I was 10 (I'm over 40)
I don't know if I happen to hit a very specific color of autism, because I would describe myself as pretty normal outside of this, and my family used to worry over this for a while, but I never grew out of it
>>
>>51416830
Sounds like you're just asexual.
>>
>>51413896
For an average person ? it depends really, if anything, recent studies have shown that the average first kiss is both progressing and regressing, meaning that while a portion of the population does solve all of their socialisation early (before 14), others will do way after, sometimes after their 30s
>>
>>51412271
>Maybe they just want to kill people (in which case they have mental illnesses and will fail their psychological examination)

This is a meme. Assuming you do above average on your physical and have mental endurance, they won't give a shit as long as you can keep it hush hush.
>>
>>51416015
>wicked sense of humour
I swear, I cannot even recognise where this shit originated from and yet it still makes me laugh every time
>>
>>51416830
What are your general life goals?
>>
>>51417292
I work as a second in command in my company's marketing department, so I might get the seat one day, or simply move to another company
If you mean stuff more related to my hobbies, I've written a few books, nothing too serious, but I plan to get something more personal published one day
I'm also coding something on the side but it's nothing too interesting, it's just for fun
>>
>>51417046
See, the thing is dumbasses think that's what they want to hear, and get themselves disqualified.
>>
>>51417391
That sounds well-collected, if not overly exciting.
>>
File: IMG_0959.jpg (61KB, 600x488px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0959.jpg
61KB, 600x488px
>all these faggots who won't accept players being a tad tipsy or high during the game

Enjoy being high on life and nothing else. I just think life could use a little boost every once in a while. Not like it interferes with the game or other players who choose not to indulge or anything.
>>
So the apartment we play in dosen't allow smoking, and the guy who never pays attention to the game pulls out a vape and tries to take a sneaky puff under his scarf. God I hate him so much.
>>
>>51418336
Is vaping considered smoking in your country?
>>
>>51418336

You shouldn't be concerned, vaping doesn't leave a residue, lingering smell, or stain.
>>
>>51418520
>>51418559
The notice said no vaping too.
>>
>>51418573

I meant what I said, you still shouldn't be concerned. The landlord is just covering their own arse. Standard rental agreements don't allow pets either, but cats, rodents, reptiles and other clean animals will normally be politely ignored, assuming that you're a decent tenant.

My point about stains, smells and residue was that unless your landlord is doing surprise inspections while you're playing, some dude vaping in the living room once a fortnight isn't going to threaten your lease.

Sounds like you maybe hate him for other reasons, though, and since he's wearing a scarf indoors and still vaping despite being explicitly asked not to, I can definitely see why.
>>
>>51418188
If they're getting annoyed by it, then it probably is interfering with the game
>>
>>51418697
>and since he's wearing a scarf indoors and still vaping despite being explicitly asked not to, I can definitely see why.
Well, apparently the vaper is also considerate enough to provide you with convenient opportunity of just grabbing both ends of his scarf and pulling them each in separate direction. Chances are he'll be into it too.
>>
>>51404725
Stop playing with children.
>>
>>51412028
I work five days a week. If I rest one of the other two days and game on the remaining day then I fail your standards. Which is ok with me, since it occurs to me your surplus of free time probably means you're not someone I would respect anyway.
>>
File: 1468303631031.png (287KB, 540x489px) Image search: [Google]
1468303631031.png
287KB, 540x489px
>>51418697
>>51418844
The dude joined us after our DM's girlfriend cheated on him and we kicked her out, now we have to deal with his "LOOK AT ME IM A CAT I DO CAT THINGS BUT IM NOT A CAT" magus.
>>
File: 1469762251817.png (53KB, 387x260px) Image search: [Google]
1469762251817.png
53KB, 387x260px
>>51412393
Ah, yes, because on /tg/ we have to translate so much stuff we always use that abreviation. Always. Like, every thread. Definitely. Totes mcgoats. Yeah.

Fuck off.
>>
>>51410533
Maybe if you were less of a bitter cunt you wouldn't be socially deprived
>>
File: wgm.jpg (136KB, 404x501px) Image search: [Google]
wgm.jpg
136KB, 404x501px
>>51412122
>If you're so pathetic you literally have no friends who ever have parties (or their 'parties' are 5 dudes sitting around awkwardly drinking and playing Mario Kart)
What if I said that 4chan is my only friend? Does 4chan have parties that don't involve vans?
>>
>>51404725
da fuck is a "non-trope"
>>
>>51409088
Welp, I'm not going to be getting to your table anytime soon.
>7 more years until I become a wizard
Oh well
>>
>>51415950
>being a godless heathen
>>
>>51411492
fun fact: elliot never asked a single girl out. He was never rejected.

By reading his manifesto you can see that really he thought that all girls were passively rejecting him by not asking him out. This is classic autist behavior also shown by the likes of chris-chan. Elliot is a product of bad parenting and autism, not social rejection.
>>
File: 1485340243426.jpg (65KB, 680x680px) Image search: [Google]
1485340243426.jpg
65KB, 680x680px
>>51421629
/jp/ is the only friend /tg/ has
>>
File: tgdates.png (277KB, 787x1435px) Image search: [Google]
tgdates.png
277KB, 787x1435px
I thought of responding to some of the hapless anons in the thread, but I'm not sure it's worth the effort.
Have a screencap instead.

Remember when socializing both at the game and in the outside world, that having a wide range of interests can only improve your ability to relate to others.
Also, having both physical and mental interests is a good idea, because you never know if a horribly traumatic accident will totally devastate your mental or physical ability, leaving you with only one.
>>
>>51414590
>"welcome to the d&D session, just a few questions before we start: how have your romantic relationships gone in your life?"
>"well last time i got cheated on and she lied about it and then acted like it was normal and it fucked me mentally for a while"
>"hmm hmm... yes... very good, you've made the cut. ok you all start in a tavern"

sounds like a great way to start a session
>>
>>51412191
It's not so much if you pass you're good as it is that if you fail you're hopeless. Of course it always comes down to how well you can get along with the group, but if you failed that the odds are slim to none and it's a waste of effort to include you.
>>
>>51412266
As the other anon pointed out, a lot of people have "selves" that aren't currently capable of functioning in society without sperghing. They are right to want to improve, just stupid in the method. It's like trying to make oneself more healthy by consuming just sugars and fats: basically they need to work smarter not harder.
>>
File: 1370624056080.jpg (249KB, 640x481px) Image search: [Google]
1370624056080.jpg
249KB, 640x481px
>>51415950

>Not exploiting religious fanaticism
>>
I DM and I've learned that the best test is this
1. Do they share the same sense of humor with the rest of the group
2. Do they have a spouse or whatever the fuck people call the person they care about. The reason this is here is because there was this one player who was fucking great but his fucking boyfriend loved to do shit on the fucking game day and showed up late all the fucking time. It was a goddamn nightmare.
3. Do they actually have the ability to roleplay versus just sitting there like a dead possum, waiting for someone to interact with them
4. Can they regularly make it around on time to sessions
If the answers are
1. Yes
2. No
3. Yes
4. Yes, then let them in
>>
I'm in med school and I'm going to become a physician in two years. I've never held hands with a girl. Would you let me play with your group, normies?
>>
I have banned all elves from my campaigns because players don't know how to not make them non-edgy/stereotypical.
>>
>>51425467
>I've never held hands with a girl
>girl
are you a fag
>>
>>51425391
You realize that 4 covers your issue with 2, right?
Nothing wrong with a player with a SO, as long as they actually play.
>>
>>51409088
Wouldn't agree as college students are most common shit players,and you can easily be a massive dick and in relationship (but I realize you mean horny virgins)
Third point I would say if he has interest in atleast two different fields even if they are nerdy.
>>
>>51425063
Elliot didn't grow up in a vacuum with his parents exclusively. His social interactions certainly mattered.
>>
>>51425835
Parents are responsible for the development of their children, including their social development.
I don't know enough about the individual to say how much the parents are at fault or what actions they took, but you know when your kid is not socializing well.
>>
>>51425664
>pic
I remember that

You are right but I've also my players are very emotional people that get super depressed whenever the person they're dating treats them badly. Nothing is worse in a session than when the tank starts getting super sad and goes onto the coach to cry for thirty minute while the rest of the party awkwardly waits for it to end.
>>
>>51415156
>I had a player with a pregnant gf, and he told me flat that if she needed him
this directly affects the game, previous relationships or the lack thereof don't
>>
>>51407592
But why would op fuck a bowl of popcorn, popcorn isn't a guy
>>
>>51425642
I've never held hands with another human being. I hadn't even noticed you could take what I said in this way
>>
>>51426339
Still covered by 4.
>>
>>51416173
>le epic trole 4channer greentext XDDDDD
In the old days, we called it a "joke".
>>
>>51413655
Kek
>>
>>51425467
Just wait until the fist time you fuck up a case, you can hold patient's hand as they drift into the oblivion...
>>
>>51412022
At the bottom should be "readers of this chart"
>>
>>51427725
we still do, this poster is just a faggot
Thread posts: 294
Thread images: 55

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.