[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

F

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 323
Thread images: 51

F
>>
Poncy space elves taking one on the chin. Big surprise, nobody cares.
>>
>>51400083
What's happened to them?
>>
File: 1485374797381.jpg (69KB, 471x600px) Image search: [Google]
1485374797381.jpg
69KB, 471x600px
>>51400125
Allegedly ded
>>
>>51400083
>nu-40k

Dropped.
>>
Well, I never liked their color scheme, but everything else about them was great.
>>
File: Aws2q6D.gif (1MB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
Aws2q6D.gif
1MB, 320x240px
>>51400155
That's reasonable.
>>
>>51400134
Well.

There's that.
>>
Triumvirate of the Waaagh! when?
>>
>>51400618
Who would it even be? I'm thinking Beast Ghaz, some powerful psyker, AND and an orkimedes model
>>
>>51400134
>The Yncarne

Fuckety fuck fucking GW. Fuck them right in their stupid flabby necks. God fucking dammit, we can't get past third grade pretend "Wulf Wulffson, Wolf of the Wolf Wolves, riding a wolf and wielding Wulfwaffen" and "Bloodulor, son of Fancy Blood-name Angel of the Blood & Angels. He's also an angel. With blood weapons", and now the greater daemon of Ynnead is called the fucking "Yncarne"? Fuck you. Hire SOMEONE with even a tiny dribble of originality, you brainless boring fucks.

And I don't care if it's all bait and lies (which it's not), it's a 100% GW move.
>>
>>51400083

Is she kill as well then?
>>
>>51400748
I want a Gretchen Warboss (kind of like Skarsnik but in 40k).
>>
>>51400867
Depends of what happens in DoW III and if Relic already knew about this.
>>
File: PXOtd4p.jpg (81KB, 689x1000px) Image search: [Google]
PXOtd4p.jpg
81KB, 689x1000px
>>51400134

I'll admit I'll be kind of surprised if they actually kill Biel-tan since I think it's one of the more popular Craftworlds and before 6th Edition was the poster color scheme.

Still at the same time it shows that GW is going to take risks and there is something to be said for that. Biel-tan probably isn't going to go anywhere since its culture can survive as long as there are enough residents of it left. There is also of course nothing stopping you from basing your army on the 10,000+ years it existed.

>>51400822

I kind of like Yncarne since I think it gets the point across while making use of the name Ynnead.

If they has just called it Avatar of Ynnead (Assuming that is what it is), then they would have caught shit for being unoriginal.

Likewise I do not really mind Aeldari (Possibly like it more than Eldar) since it's not really a huge change from Eldar and people will still call them Eldar anyway. If anything my own problem is where it may run contrary to older lore, though off the top of my head I can only recall the Dark Eldar having a name for themselves in their own language.
>>
File: 5rssKMB.jpg (96KB, 1090x1000px) Image search: [Google]
5rssKMB.jpg
96KB, 1090x1000px
>>
File: PXOtd4p1.jpg (130KB, 941x1000px) Image search: [Google]
PXOtd4p1.jpg
130KB, 941x1000px
>>
>>51400822

It's a deliberate part of GW's business strategy. Just like with AoS, GW's new vision of 40k will be designed to appeal to new teen players with well-off parents, and if the old fanbase (regarded as toxic grumblers by GW) is put off then so much the better.
>>
>>51401010
I don't think they will change anything. If I recall, DoW II would have had 'Crons in an expansion but GW told them not to because they were doing Newcrons back then.
>>
>>51401041
>Drukhari

Dropped.
>>
>>51401322

Not even a problem since people will still call them a Dark Eldar. Of course this won't stop the fanbase from screeching about a change that ultimately means nothing aside from possibly contradicting what was written in the previous codices.
>>
>>51401306
>DoW III info about Macha says that she no longer believes in the Biel-Tan dream of Eldar supremacy.
>Current info hints that Biel-Tan will get zogged by Abby's fuckbois.
They already knew.
>>
>>51401019

I don't even give a shit about the rest of it; I'm relatively inured to it by now. I could even see the point of the Slaanesh-inversion model. That blatant grammatical sing-songy callback is just one bridge too far.

AND I PLAY ORKS, the race that's SUPPOSED to have silly callback names!
>>
File: 1485351822861.jpg (305KB, 603x517px) Image search: [Google]
1485351822861.jpg
305KB, 603x517px
Are those new Slaanesh models or am I just an idiot.
>>
>>51401497

No those are the current Daemonettes, just done in GW's fallback Slaanesh color scheme.
>>
>>51401396
>DoW III info about Macha says that she no longer believes in the Biel-Tan dream of Eldar supremacy.

Yeah, but given that she's probably bullied by her peers for not being ELDAR STRONK enough and fucking up her last major leadership position that's almost expected. The official Biel Tan way of dealing with Farseers and prophecy is mostly ignoring their advice completely and letting the Court of the Young King and Autarchs decide what to do. Given the track record of Farseers (including Macha) this was probably the wisest thing they could possibly do.

In fact, I don't care what GW writes, I'm going to imagine the doom of Biel Tan was that the entire craftworld collectively has a fatal stroke when they find out what Eldrad did.

>THAT MONKEIGH FUCKING NERD DID WHAT?! I'LL FUCKING KILL ARRGH ARRGH
>>
>>51402036
>The official Biel Tan way of dealing with Farseers and prophecy is mostly ignoring their advice completely and letting the Court of the Young King and Autarchs decide what to do. Given the track record of Farseers (including Macha) this was probably the wisest thing they could possibly do.
Suddenly Ronahn aiding them in DoW III makes a lot of sense.
>>
>>51401030
>Forward men, CHAR- wait what the fuck are you doing
> Are these fucking Eldar using our backs as launch pads by the fucking Emperor this is what we get for allying with xenos
>>
File: 1485341290597.jpg (82KB, 736x883px) Image search: [Google]
1485341290597.jpg
82KB, 736x883px
exodites not even mentioned
exodite cuucked
>>
File: 59c.png (39KB, 200x150px) Image search: [Google]
59c.png
39KB, 200x150px
>>51400155
We all knew this was coming with age of shitmar. Now is time of Poophammer 40k.

>>51400822
It is now mandatory that all Eldar names and titles start with the letter Y and be followed by a consonant. All hail Yldrad Ylthran of Yraftworld Ylthwe.
>>
>>51402278
Exodites don't give a fuck.
>>
>>51401380
>Not even a problem since people will still call them a Imperial Guard
Ultimately, the faggots will win and adopt the filthy new name, and there's nothing we can do about it.
>>
>>51400822
This.

Would "Avatar of Ynnead" have been so bad?
>>
File: call.png (717KB, 1000x581px) Image search: [Google]
call.png
717KB, 1000x581px
>>51400083
The phone call that didn't save Biel'Tan
>>
>>51402580

That would take a massive amount of new players to happen, which isn't likely, and even still may fail due to Imperial Guard or Guard rolling off the tongue more easily than Astra Militarum.

I think even in AoS there are people who for the most part still use all the original Fantasy race names, bar maybe Grot/Gretchin instead of Goblin due to the former being from 40k.

>>51402585

There still is the possibly that the Yncarne is distinct from an Avatar and thus it's wrong to give it that title. Could also be GW conceding to the fact that for who knows how long the word Avatar with regards to 40k has solely referred to the Avatar of Khaine. Calling it an Avatar of Ynnead would mean people would have to start using acronyms or the named Khaine and Ynnead so as to make themselves clear, the latter method could also cause problems.
>>
File: 1474592705275.jpg (42KB, 436x436px) Image search: [Google]
1474592705275.jpg
42KB, 436x436px
>>51400083
>mfw
Nazi space pixies got it coming. Deserved it.

Good riddance.
>>
>>51402739
>>eldar
>>nazis
>>posting a commissar

not sure if genius or legitimately ill in the brain
>>
>>51401030
Do they fug after action?
>>
>>51401041

>All Craftworld and Dark Eldar, except the most conservatives ones, have rallied Ynnead. By doing that, they are now closer to the ancient Eldar power and can use their spirit stones previous owner's souls to augment their strength. However, some Eldar consider them as corrupted or already dead. And they may be right, so the new Ynnead worshiping Eldar are as much a factor of division as cohesion. On top of that, Slaanesh and the other gods are reacting to their presence, and the threat they pose. The only sure thing is that the dead follow these "Exhumed". The yellow part is about Yvraine (and her followers, to a lesser extent) being able to talk to dead Eldar souls.
>>
File: thatsthejoke.jpg (31KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
thatsthejoke.jpg
31KB, 600x450px
>>51402978
>>
>>51404582

>The Aeldari and the Drukhari of all obediences, besides the most conservative, joined his cause. It is not an abstract philosophical current, for the new divinity exercises manifest powers - thus, the Exhumed can appeal to the souls of the spirits-stones that they carry to strengthen their own capacities, siphoning the power of the departed, To strike with strength, and to reduce their enemies to ashes by means of their strange weapons and their psychic powers. They have learned the secrets of the dead, and have thus become closer to their ancestors and their lost glory.

>However, some consider the Ynnari as corrupt by the demonic forces they pretend to subdue, and others consider them already dead. Perhaps they are right. If the Exhumeds seek to recast Eldar society in the name of Ynnead to restore the glory of the ancient Aeldari, their arrogant and coercive approach is worth as much hostility as adherence. Worse still, the danger they represent for the dark gods pushes the forces of Chaos - especially Slaanesh - to rise like an infernal tsunami to consume them. Conflict and destruction disturb the wake of the Ynnari or they go. The truth which dominates without contest is that, besides, the Exhumed are bearers of death, and profuse.

>Invested by the power of Ynnead, Yvraine is capable of attracting into her the souls of those who surround her, or they continue not as isotonic covenants but as voluntary allies. An outside observer believing that Yvraine bets alone, that she hears voices or that she changes her personality without transition. If one does not know one's creed, one can legitimately believe it to be mad, but the Ynnari know what it is. Their mistress has many lives in her. The Exhumed, who adamantly adore Ynnead, share an echo of his aptitude, and carry the spirit-spirits of the departed to purify their wisdom, experience, and knowledge. And the need never felt so much now that the extinction of the eldars and its shadow on the galaxy.
>>
File: 1420213167641.jpg (186KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1420213167641.jpg
186KB, 500x375px
>>51404582
This doesn't make sense. The Dark Eldar are spiritually bankrupt. They knew Slaanesh was coming prior to The Fall and tried for millennia to hold it back but failed. Slaanesh is literally the Dark Eldar in spiritual form. This entire thing sounds like an out-of-place rehash of warcraft 3's Sylvanas and the Forsaken or something. I mean what the fuck is going on?
>>
>>51401306

Also means no plastic aspect warriors, ever.
>>
What would it even fucking take to destroy Biel-tan without going full retard and avoiding any and all stuff mentioned in the lore?

Craftworlds are a pretty big fucking deal and here some dipshit on the internet is claiming it got zapped. The most militant, violent and largest Craftworlds got zapped? That is pretty fucking retarded considering even the rest of the Eldar Farseers should see shit like this coming in "their skeins for the future".

Losing cadia with all of its dudes was one thing, but that was a full fledged chaos fucking incursion let by Abby himself and took the 13th black crusade into account. I''m really wondering what they thought up to justify this kind of shit.
>>
>>51401030
>that trooper on the left
>"excuse me Xenos abomination, but can you tell your soldiers not to use us as springboards while we're trying to fire"
>>
>>51406719
>What would it even fucking take to destroy Biel-tan without going full retard and avoiding any and all stuff mentioned in the lore?

civil war.
>>
>>51406719
>I''m really wondering what they thought up to justify this kind of shit.
Probably all the full retard eldar turning on Biel-Tan for being too cool and successful.
>>
>>51403048
Yes
Superior human genes must be propagated
>>
>>51406756
>you will never be stepped on by a sexy banshee

I'm not even into S&M or feet and I still get the feels.
>>
>>51406765
To be fucking fair, a civil war destroying a Craftworld as militaristic as Biel-tan is something I'd see as pants on head retarded.
>>51406796
I already dislike these Ynni-kamikaze faggots and "not trusted by anyone" coupled with "muh deamon" bullshit.
>>
File: Dontforgetdippingsauce.png (683KB, 446x1002px) Image search: [Google]
Dontforgetdippingsauce.png
683KB, 446x1002px
>>51401030
>>
>age of emperor 40k is happening

This is what you get for bitching how the setting never advances.
>>
>>51406881
>a powderkeg of extremists, exploding when lit on fire by a new ideology

Makes sense.
>>
File: jackie.jpg (35KB, 460x300px) Image search: [Google]
jackie.jpg
35KB, 460x300px
>>51400083

So not only does my faction get no fluff, it got its name picked out of a hat to be the craftworld that gets destroyed in this pointless event? At least Cadia get to be the most featured regiment. Biel-tan got almost nothing other than constant fuck yous. First we had to deal with the biggest instance of jobbing in 40k at Ward's hands and now this. Thanks.
>>
>>51407678
Not all doom and gloom, but like earlier pointed out in this thread it seems to be going that way.

A bullshit story pulled out just for this event.

>>51407202
Still farfetched, they wage a near constant genocidal campaign against transgressors. How does this turn into a civil war when a bunch of faggots show up with their new "God" in tow. If anything it would be a welcome asset and they'd continue together happily ever after destroying all non-eldar.
>>
>GW rapes my favorite Craftworld.
Arigato Obama-san.
>>
>>51401019

They killed cadia, they'll kill whatever they have too for age of Emperor to happen. Everything is gonna go splode.
>>
File: macha baww2.jpg (27KB, 215x233px) Image search: [Google]
macha baww2.jpg
27KB, 215x233px
>>51407955

>No plastic Aspect Warriors despite being about Biel-Tan
>No plastic Phoenix Lords despite it being about Rhana Dandra
>Just stuff that has nothing to do with either of those things
>And a dead craftworld
>Because fuck you
>>
>>51401019
>though off the top of my head I can only recall the Dark Eldar having a name for themselves in their own language.

Is druchii valid in 40k setting?
>>
>>51404582
Make Aeldari Great Again
>>
>>51408015
>>51401019

Vect gave them the name Eldarith Ynneas in the DE lore. I would have preferred this to Druchari desu but maybe its too much of a mouthful.

The fact DE is getting a name change implies a new codex right? And they're distinct enough to not get squatted by being merged into an Eldar book. R-right?
>>
>>51408015
>>51408065
Dear god i hope they fix the DE dex and actaully bring back some of the ICs like Malys and Duke
Guess i'll have to hold off that army i was planning
>>
>>51408323
>like Malys
malys is one of the eldar ynniumvirate

she's got a different name, but she's definitely malys
>>
>>51408323

I just wish they would give us one centrepiece HQ, preferably Vect with his Dais.

The current dex seems so bland without this.
>>
>>51408333

The latest lore leaks say she is on of the 'exhumed' suggesting she is so kind of undead pre-fall eldar.

Also the official Warhammer facebook user said she is a new character. They may well have just used design elements of Malys and now shes no longer in the codex they can just ignore her.
>>
>>51408333
I's already confirmed it's not her

>>51408336
GW does love their centre pieces so there's hope i guess
>>
>>51407993
>Completely, utterly, no Drastanta Phoenix Lord coming back from exile
>>
File: macha baww1.jpg (49KB, 336x330px) Image search: [Google]
macha baww1.jpg
49KB, 336x330px
>>51409764

>You'll never make Greater Daemons explode by stabbing them in the face with the Celestial Lance

I don't have a Macha sad enough for that.
>>
Okay boys I think it's time

We make 40k lore /tg/ edition not like the 1d4chan memes but actual lore

Or we listen to everything before 6th
>>
Sure glad I dropped GW years ago.
>>
>>51401030

Of all the shit happening

This picture is kinda cool
>>
>New 40k lore is shit
>yet a lot of the new models look great

Fucking hell
>>
>>51410232
>yfw didn't fell for "new CEO will fix it"-meme
>>
File: IG.jpg (141KB, 802x996px) Image search: [Google]
IG.jpg
141KB, 802x996px
>>51400083

Damn Eldar copying us we dont have any room in our ship if your asking
>>
>>51407678

Also a Biel-Tan player here, completely unfazed. So long as Ynnead gets to eat the infinity circuit of Biel-Tan, it's ace. It means that the souls of the craftworld are *sorted.*

And our craftworld is the only one that's been preparing colonies for HOW long? Now is the time to move to them.

Sorted.
>>
Wasn't infinity circuits consumed by the warp in Deathmasque?
>>
>>51410137
And let us not forget:
>The Warp Spiders will forever be without a Phoenix Lord of their own

I can understand the newer Aspect Warriors being without Phoenix Lords, but even the fucking Shadow Specters have their own Phoenix Lord while one of the vanilla Aspect Warriors still are looking for their own P.L.

AND NO, I DO NOT ACCEPT C.S.GOTO'S THEORY OF THE WARP SPIDER P.L.
>>
>>51410360

Eldrad tried to transfer them all into Ynnead, and appears to have had this partial birth.

If you look at the Yncarne, Avatar of Ynnead, model you can see that he's demolishing an eldar structure and sucking out the spirit stones.

So I'm pretty sure he's consuming spirits.

Which is *ace* because being an eldar is *suffering* - people need to remember they have a more eastern view of their souls.

/tg/ presumed Eldrad had completely failed, and yet, here's this Ynnead. Ynnead of any flavour would be impossible if Slaanesh had consumed all infinity circuits like /tg/ was suggesting.
>>
>>51410368
Tbh it seems to me that gw wants to phase out aspect warriors and replace them with wraith shit. When was the last time aspect warriors got anything new?
>>
File: 164972834.jpg (43KB, 654x534px) Image search: [Google]
164972834.jpg
43KB, 654x534px
Heres how we stop this end times in 40k

For once any britanons get off their fat asses and do something REALLY autistic

Protest outside of warhammer world and demand this entire thing not happen
>>
>>51410368
Asuryata is the type of Phoenix Lord that the main tabletop ones are. From various GW Q&As, Illyrith and Drastanta are Phoenix Lords, but not Asuryata.

Check the Asurmen book. It's good.
>>
File: Kali.jpg (147KB, 736x492px) Image search: [Google]
Kali.jpg
147KB, 736x492px
>>51410415

Or we could not, because I for one as a Britanon am excited to play asshole necromancer eldar.
>>
>>51410276
Fucking hell. Instead of fixing the game they rape it to go full AoS. Now they streamline the eldar, sorry a-eldar, like with Order, Destruction etc.

They kinda go out of their way to ashit in your acup of a acoffee. It asucks to be their afan.
>>
File: 4544451545154141.gif (2MB, 372x262px) Image search: [Google]
4544451545154141.gif
2MB, 372x262px
>>51400134
>>51400083
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dsx2vdn7gpY
>>
>>51410464

>NOW WHAT THE FUCK ARE SPOUSE TO DO

I think Hudson basically says all our attitudes right now
>>
>>51410414
2006-7, I think. Scorpions, Banshees, Dire Avenger plastic kit and I maybe also Reapers? A lot hasn't changed since their 2nd Edition release in 1991.
>>
File: 646461545615645151.jpg (263KB, 1260x1649px) Image search: [Google]
646461545615645151.jpg
263KB, 1260x1649px
>Actually bought Tempestus Scion and Skirtali models for kill team

Why GW why you gotta do this
>>
>>51410399
So he's assimilating Eldar Souls to complete himself?

>>51410414
>>51410424
Fuck.

Being Eldar IS suffering.
>>
File: Ishygddt.jpg (125KB, 900x600px) Image search: [Google]
Ishygddt.jpg
125KB, 900x600px
>>51400083
THE SKY IS NOT FALLING

I repeat:

T
H
E

S
K
Y

I
S

N
O
T

F
A
L
L
I
N
G
>>
Lady Atias transcript of GW's stream:

- The book starts in Commoragh - a shard of Ynnead is there, Yvraine finds it.
- If there is too much psychic activity there - Slaanesh comes for you. So they are scared.
- Yvraine flees the city, gets saved by the Visarch - we don't know how he is.

- The Craftworlds are coming together. Eldar don't talk literally - the fracture is both the way what happens and what factions come out.
- Craftworlds weren't always one ship. Bigger than anything the imperium has, bigger than the Rock. Made up of different ships that are all stuck together.
- Biel-Tans infinity matrix has a fracture - there is a split.
- It's the kickstart Ynnead needs to get born. All the Eldar souls who are locked up there birth the new god. All the "parts" of Biel-Tan split up. It's basically a fleet now, instead of a craftworld.
- The Avatar is in the center of all the souls of eldar of Biel-Tan who died in the last 10k years. He is the proof that the prophecy of Ynnead is real. A beacon of hopes for all Eldar. They can now fight against Slaanesh.
- The Avatar is the mirror of Slaanesh - they are siblings. His power comes from Eldar souls - hence he looks quite Slaaneshi. They are made of the same stuff.

- Lots of interplay between the different Eldar factions in the book.
- When it's desperate, Eldar of all kind will fight against a common vow. Other times, they fight against each other, even Craftworlds vs Craftworlds.
>>
>>51410549
Cont.

- Now, the Eldar god of the dead is summoned - some see this as a hope for their race.
- These make up a new faction - basically the Eldar who believe in Ynnead. They have now a red colour scheme (like the Visarch, he is their leader). These are the Ynnari. Lead by the prophetess and the Visarch.
- Lots of wyches and Incubii.

- Some Eldar (of all kind) are very against this - especially the Haemoncolus Covens. They see this as "they steal our jobs". If there is a god of the dead - no slaves and stuff, so they are not happy.
- Clashes between the Haemoncolus Covens and the Ynnari.

- Part II is not a sequel - it happens at the same time of 'Fall of Cadia'.
- It ends at the same point as the first book.

- Rules to make the Ynnari. You can mix different Eldar races into one army now. They loose their army rules but gain instead a new special rule.
- Basically - when your eldar units die, your own units become more powerful.

- Ynnari are a whole new faction of the Eldar.
- Aeldari is the name for all Eldar.
- If you already got an army, you can decide to play it as Ynnari, but not all units can be taken. Most of the stuff can be used though.
>>
File: smugkarlfranz.jpg (82KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
smugkarlfranz.jpg
82KB, 1280x720px
Don't worry, 40k setting will turn out all right. It's not like they could rape whole IP beyond recognition and redemption!
>>
File: 44615491641648151.png (63KB, 526x373px) Image search: [Google]
44615491641648151.png
63KB, 526x373px
I find it funny /tg/ is the ONLY place who is freaking out over this shit.

Everywhere else tells people to fuck off with their complaining on new 40k lore
>>
File: 5464651465412114.jpg (61KB, 722x349px) Image search: [Google]
5464651465412114.jpg
61KB, 722x349px
>>51410582

What ever posters left on Infinitychan /tg/ agree with us it seems.
>>
>>51410549
So basically, yes fellow Biel-Tan anons. Our infinity circuit - already a half-life of sorts - is now a new god.

Rejoice, the day of Liberation is at hand. All of our fathers unto the very Fall itself are now saved forever from She Who Thirsts.

Our craftworld is dismantled, but you can now make up lore for your own craftworld or city ship from the Biel-Tan fleet.

Rejoice.
>>
>>51410626

Literally space marine elfs now
This must be how they are gonna """"balance"""" table top now
>>
>>51410648

I always suggested for orks to take up space marine chapter like ideas/gameplay with the klans.
>>
>>51410648

Like Space marines in what way?
>>
>>51410648
>>51410626
>>51410673

So table top is fucking lore? Of course
>>
>>51410688
What do you mean? This is a lore discussion by its nature, obviously no one is going to care about lore changes if you show up with a Biel-Tan army.
>>
>>51400867
How many characters have died so far?

It's safe to say that anyone important is alive. Hell, it doesn't even say 'most' of Biel-Tan died, just many of them.
>>
>>51405098
this is nu-40k. Everything that makes an army separate in concept and flavour, self-contained, will be destroyed because marketing said so.
>>
File: wiiiiink.gif (1MB, 245x140px) Image search: [Google]
wiiiiink.gif
1MB, 245x140px
>>51410577

I get it!
>>
Biel tan isn't dead it just split into its component ships like a reverse craftworld
But it's infinity circuit was used to create Ynnead after an ex biel tan seer ex corsair succubus got killed by Lilith but took in the shard that eldrad awoke
Homo-uncles unhappy as new aeldari means no more bdsm
Ynnead looks like slaanesh as same source material ie eldar
All via twitch channel
>>
>>51410582
Because we care here Anons.
>>
>>51406928
My deep hatred for storyfags is just deeper now.
>>
>>51401396
I hope it goes down swinging.

Biel-Tan once took on two sector fleets and ten Chapters, and beat the shit out of them. It better take a considerable effort on Abaddon's part to win.
>>
>>51410776
We've not had confirmation that Abby's attacking it yet.

The primary cause of it dismantling into a fleet of other ships is Ynnead being born in its infinity circuit.
>>
File: 1412021725424.gif (967KB, 245x180px) Image search: [Google]
1412021725424.gif
967KB, 245x180px
>For years /tg/ complained about the setting not going forward
>as evidence with shit in 1d4chan
>now it moves forward
>OH SHIT NOT LIKE THIS

Pottery
>>
File: waha.gif (68KB, 249x207px) Image search: [Google]
waha.gif
68KB, 249x207px
>>51410802
For years I've called those faggots idiots. And now I'll say it again.

You IDIOTS.
>>
>>51410626
One thing people hated about chaos was daemons exist forever and infinite respawn
AoS changed this with ghal maraz permanently cleansing daemons and this Ynnead will be the same
Slaanesh daemons getting the eldar souls raped out of them
>>
File: 54545154615411.gif (430KB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
54545154615411.gif
430KB, 480x270px
>>51410802

FORGIVE

IM SORRY I DIDNT MEAN IT

GIVE ME A TIME MACHINE SO I CAN STOP THIS AUTISM ON /tg/
>>
>>51410802
Because the setting is not moving forwards. Is going downhill.
>>
>>51410549
>>51410563
That doesn't sound so bad, desu.
>>
>>51410802
it's always been a mix of opinions, and the dissenting voices got even louder when The End Times hit

I dunno, mixed feelings from me personally.
>>
>be me
>see this
>sweatijg Bolter rounds as I look at my army
>play dark Angels
>invested heavily in their lore
>run DW RW and greenwing armies all at 1850
>hoping they don't nuke my armies from lore
My asshole is so tight if I ate coal right now I could shit diamonds guys.
>>
>>51410820

Excellent! I look forward to art of Eldar molesting Daemonettes for a change.
>>
>>51410457
wha the fuck is a 'a-eldar'?
>>
>>51410855
>cypher
>the fallen
>the mysteries in the rock
>muh loyalist traitors tweest
Of all the marines, I do not envy those who play dank angels right now. It'd be so easy to fuck them over in so many different ways.
>>
>>51404582
>>51404723
>>51410549
>>51410563
Holy fuck, this is literally one of /tg/'s more detailed alternate continuities.
>>
>>51402208
>elves will now always be prone to jumping over a perfectly good defensive line just to show off their acrobatic skills
Thanks Peter jackson
>>
>>51410582
/tg/ is also the only anonymous place among the hugboxes you visited.
>>
>>51410748
>Biel-Tan was Voltron all along

Ace.
>>
>>51403048
>we would never side with the eldar, no self respecting imperial man wou....wait a minute those banshees are women??? OK they can stay
>>
>>51410906
Nigga, Eldar have always been acrobatic as fuck.

Those are Howling Banshees, too. He only way they could get more acrobatic is if they were Harlequins. Would you prefer they stood there pew pewing with those pistols when they have power swords in hand?
>>
>>51407678
>is the poster child of eldar for 15 years
>got nothing
Fuck off biel tan a shit, the age of iyanden draws near
>>
File: 1483396383513.jpg (64KB, 698x640px) Image search: [Google]
1483396383513.jpg
64KB, 698x640px
>>51410814
I'm with the weebposter here.

the ones vocal for a change for change's sake were either ignorant, shortsighted or uncaring.
>>
>>51410959
>near
>d-scythes and wraithknights exist
>near
>>
>>51410887
That's why I'm nervous as fuck.
I could see cypher coming out as being loyalist all along and even the whole of the dark Angels but it turns out azrial is actually aligned with chaos.

I could see it being a think of this whole time cypher was trying to lead the rock to terra where he would then awaken the lion, and revival he is actually zaharial.

Either way I'm kinda demoralized right now from finishing my green wing because I'm just sitting here going, welp there goes the only space marine chapter I liked.
>>
>>51401030
>Scoins actually depicted in artwork
>Being used as springboard by xenos

Gotta take the bad with the good I suppose....
>>
Is a good time to be an Ultramarine. Nobody is going to fuck our Spiritual Liege.
>>
File: 1485106067088.jpg (62KB, 534x347px) Image search: [Google]
1485106067088.jpg
62KB, 534x347px
>>51406921
>Hawaiian

I thought the Schola Progenium was supposed to beat that sort of flagrant heresy out of the little shits?
>>
>>51410988
>>51410855
Dubs for both posts...confirm their loyalty? Or secure their betrayal.
>>
>>51411009
>implying they won't have some kind of backlash because of retards getting super butthurt over the 5e codex and "muh ward"
I play smurfs too, but I am not that optimistic.
>>
Would we finally get a good 40k game when they nuke the old setting?
>>
>>51411071
Sure is called Age of Sigmar. And is the best game EVER!!!!
>>
>>51411071
what do you mean finally

battlefleet gothic, epic 40,000, necromunda, gorkamorka, aeronautica imperialis, space hulk and tyranid attack already exist
>>
>>51411085
video game
>>
>>51411093

Behavior interactive can go fuck itself to be honest
>>
Have to say I didn't expect so much sperging out over this stuff, I don't know why some of you want things to never ever change... They're not going to abruptly remove your armies guys. Armies disappear when there isn't enough interest in them over time.
>>
>>51411112
>Have to say I didn't expect so much sperging out over this stuff
ynnead is the skub of the eldar fluff

some people love it, some people think it's real fucking dumb
>>
>>51410943
How Bout you hold the Fucking line banshee shitter?
>>
>>51410984
That's not enough, we want front cover of the new codex too. Biel tan and ulthwe pls go
>>
>>51411111
Good post, good get.
>>
>>51411085
Age of sigmar is objectively a great game
>>
File: baka.png (610KB, 956x540px) Image search: [Google]
baka.png
610KB, 956x540px
>>51410549
>>51410563
My Kabal would give 0 fucks about this, and i'm glad
They now have a bunch of new people to sell their weapons too and enough chaos in the material realm that everyone else is distracted
>>
>>51411112
>I don't know why some of you want things to never ever change...

Because GW's attempts at storytelling are universally awful. I don't want them to force some garbage narrative down my throat. I want a nice, open sandbox to tell my own stories in.
>>
>>51411273
Well they generally try pretty hard to let you tell your own stories around their own, don't they? That's always been my impression. I suppose you can't have a new regiment raised from Cadia any more, but I'm not sure what else about your guys could have changed. Am I missing something? If you have a biel-tan army right now then they can just reject Ynnead and go their merry way.
>>
>>51411273
The amount of autism in this post. Go play in your sand box with your little toy soldiers kid, the adults have a story to tell
>>
>>51400083
GW to the gas chamber
>>
>>51411112
>I don't know why some of you want things to never ever change...
Because when they do change shit, it's almost always awful. Not always, granted, but almost always.
>>
>>51411128
I think you have your Aspects confused. Howling Banshees are not one of the boring Aspects, like Dire Avengers.

Howling Banshees don't hold the line. They cover the line in spikes and shove it into the enemy's most tender, sensitive bits. And they look absolutely fabulous while doing it.
>>
File: wallpaper_005_1280.jpg (294KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
wallpaper_005_1280.jpg
294KB, 1280x960px
See this game. Does anyone remember it? This game is what happen when you move the storyline and start calling thing the Age of X. You get reaped out of the collective unconscious.
>>
>>51411385
I know exactly what they do, they fuck up perfectly good defensive formations and charge into the enemy despite the fact that they're only str 3
>>
>>51411441
>does anyone remember it
No, and that's probably why it died
>>
>>51411442
S3 with power swords. They'll cut up plenty of Chaos Marines on that charge, it's what they're designed to do.
>>
Will the Succubus be good now?
>>
>>51411476
Instead of being patient and letting the front lines engage, then plugging gaps or flanking to cause maximum damage
>>
>>51411486
She always always fine due to her being cheap and deadly, if you could get her in CC
>>
>>51411508
That actually looks like what they're doing.

Those Mehreens are so close they are basically on top of the stormies.
>>
>>51411441
actually that's what happens when you try to switch from amazing models to shitty prepainted garbage
>>
>>51411512
>if you could get her in CC
yeah, that's the catch
>>
>>51400875
I want it to literally just be skarsnik
>>
>>51410820
So, how long until some bright spark starts plugging the daemons that escape from the Human Webway portal into the psyker-eating machinery in the Golden Throne so that the Emperor can permakill them by eating their souls and psychic power?
>>
>>51411700
This sounds like a Minecraft setup. Have daemons constantly spawning into a big psychic blender, add some protein, tube it into big E's stomach
>>
>>51411632
They're impeding the effectiveness of the guardsmen by jumping on them like monkeys and blocking hotshot fire with their frail, stupid bodies. And as we all know, a xenos will always be less effective in close combat than the stalwart troopers of the militarum tempestus.

Really, those banshees aren't helping anyone by being there.
>>
how long did end times take to complete? Because I assume 40k is getting rebooted at this point?
>>
>>51411731
>implying that sluggish mon'keigh could ever hit a moving target, even by mistake
>implying that they can even feel the light footed steps of the Banshees as they use these otherwise useless mon'keigh as springboards

As usual the Imperium seems to be operating on alternative facts.
>>
>>51411770
>>51411770
Unless you don't believe GW's Facebook, it isn't
>>
>>51411770
It's been said multiple times that 40k end times isn't happening. We might get a rules update tho but even that isn't likely at the moment. It's just gonna be formation books that promote players using multiple factions in the same army, in what I'm guessing is an effort to push less popular factions that aren't selling
>>
>>51411793
Delusional xeno thinking at its finest. Maybe you should listen to the people that have been stopping chaos for ten thousand years and carrying the universe on its back

>be eldar
>summon god that kills you
>be imperial
>your god dies to save you
>>
>>51411803
Ok well thats something. Macragge/Fenris blown up when?

>>51411814
Gotta admit I not a fan of what they are doing with the eldar. Mashing them up seems terrible

How in the know are the facebook guys though, are they just redshirt tier?
>>
>>51411803
Again i say

>FoC
>Ctrl-F "End Times"
>"These are the End Times"

They are lying to you.
>>
File: goblinslayer.png (140KB, 354x378px) Image search: [Google]
goblinslayer.png
140KB, 354x378px
>>51411864
did they lie about end times I was never a fantasy fag so I didn't follow it
>>
>>51411814
>40k end times isn't happening

Wasn't it all like moving the atomic clock from 5 minutes to midnight to 1 minute to midnight?
>>
File: 40kek.jpg (29KB, 292x257px) Image search: [Google]
40kek.jpg
29KB, 292x257px
>>51411803
>End Times was a fantasy event
>implying they won't ET 40k without using the same name
>>
>>51411936
Nor am I but I'm pretty sure it just wasn't really discussed, since it wasn't in the consciousness at the time. No one was asking GW "hey are you going to close the book on the old world and go to some totally different setting?"
>>
>>51411841
Then stop bolstering the ranks of chaos with countless cultists and chaos space marines. Can't be that hard.
>>
>>51411970
Yeah guess not. Even though its not supposed to be happening, I feel like some streamlining is gonna take place.
>>
>>51410232
Oh my god you are so cool did you get your medal already pls show me ur my hero so swag so yolo fuck off
>>
>>51411841
>implying the Imperium has been doing anything but feeding Chaos for the last 10,000 years

Oh, mon'keigh, you do amuse.

You spend all your time either falling to Chaos or trying to kill anyone else that would help fight it, and then when something big happens, you invariably need to form a speedy alliance with all the people you've been trying to kill for the last ten millennia to have a chance at winning.

And then instead of learning from this, you go back to your stupid ways immediately. The Eldar fucked up once spectacularly. The Imperium fucked up once spectacularly... and then continued to fuck up for ten thousand years.
>>
Anyone have proof of this supposed transcription?
>>
>>51406928
The setting should never advance, its fucking 1second to midnight that made it awesome.
>>
>>51410549

What book is this?
>>
>>51410399
No I mean how he could consume BielTan corcuit if it's already was lost after Eldrad ritual
>>
>>51410439
>t.cuckold
>>
>>51412186
It wasn't. Simple as that.

Ynnead didn't form but a shard of it did. All the other souls went back to their circuits.
>>
>>51412201
>All the other souls went back to their circuits.
But Deathmasque said that in the end all circuits became empty.
>>
>>51412226
I guess whoever was writing Death Masque fucked up.
>>
>>51412246
>I guess whoever was writing Death Masque fucked up.
Nah more likely it was Ward who always ignored previous fluff.
>>
>>51412315
Bruh, it's pretty clear that this was planned from the start. We wouldn't be seeing a model for the Ynnead if that wasn't the case, these things take time to design and put together.

It is far more likely that Death Masque writers just made a mistake.
>>
>>51412395
>Bruh, it's pretty clear that this was planned from the start.
Yeah sure, lilke GW never contradited to themselves.
>>
>>51412084
>>implying the Imperium has been doing anything but feeding Chaos for the last 10,000 years
>'Hey, let's not mention the Dark Eldar again, it doesn't count that the vast majority of our race is almost deliberately feeding Slaanesh to sustain themselves.'

>>You spend all your time either falling to Chaos or trying to kill anyone else that would help fight it, and then when something big happens, you invariably need to form a speedy alliance with all the people you've been trying to kill for the last ten millennia to have a chance at winning.
>"Silly Mon'keigh accepting our alliances, what weaklings would follow our plan of uniting with humanity in order to survive? Petty creatures."

Your attempts at twisting your suffering and misery into a coping-mechanism of faux superiority is almost enough to bring a chuckle to my cold necrodermis heart.
>>
File: 17.jpg (1MB, 1156x1606px) Image search: [Google]
17.jpg
1MB, 1156x1606px
>>51407678
>First we had to deal with the biggest instance of jobbing in 40k at Ward's hands
The Battle of the Sepulchre was Iyanden and Aloltoc though.

Ward mentioned Biel-Tan in a few places, but the only noteworthy event with them I recall was the Iyanden supplement's "Biel-Tan > 2 entire sector fleets + 10 Marine Chapters".

>>51411035
Well, look at the latest GK codex. It omitted though didn't deny the Sisters' part in The Bloodtide Returns, yet on the other hand, it made the Mortarion incident more extreme and explicit, and also states that no daemon or god is strong enough to defeat Draigo in the warp without emphasising the pointlessness of his victories there as Ward's original version did.

>>51412246
>>51412395
Death Masque's plot centred on Eldrad, they were simply getting into character.
>>
>>51412518
Well, yeah it was funny when Goulding's version was ignored but everyone needs to understand that Necrodermis is Living Metal
>>
>>51412508
You're missing the point of that post. The point isn't that mankind are stupid for forming alliances with people they've made enemies of, it's that they made those enemies in the first place.

And when it becomes clear that they need to form alliances, they dismiss the idea the moment the most pressing danger is passed.

Also, Necrons literally fucked up the entire galaxy because they couldn't stop killing each other without a common enemy.
>>
>>51411128
>>51411385
>>51411442
>>51411476
>>51411508
>>51411632
>>51411731
>>51411793
>>51411841
>>51412084
Meanwhile, Steve the Stormtrooper and Saeiive the Banshee are just wondering when these two will get a fucking room and and shag it all out.
>>
>>51401030
I'm detecting heresy here and it ain't the daemonic dinobots...
>>
>>51412716
>Also, Necrons literally fucked up the entire galaxy because they couldn't stop killing each other without a common enemy.

Fucked the galaxy how? The Warp was already infested with daemonic entities long before the War in Heaven. The Old Ones constructed the Webway to circumvent the Warp and built planet sized Warp prisons to contain and isolate billions of daemon from the Warp. So the Necrons did not start the fire. The fire was already burning.

Anyways, remember what Imotekh said about the time when the Necrons dominated the galaxy, that they brought peace, order, and unity to the galaxy.
>>
>>51408065

It is a mouthful and I'm guessing that may be part of why they didn't go with it, you can't even really only use half the name like you can Astartes, Militarum, or Scions. Not that anyone really uses Militarum.

>>51410582

There are likely a few reasons. As another Anon said, /tg/ is anonymous so you can express your true feelings and not worry about upvotes. That is about the only positive aspect however, the other reasons are /tg/ taking on aspects of /v/ and clinging to old shit regardless of quality simply for the sake of it being old. I also would not rule out some bitter Fantasyfags trying to stir up shit to try and take some of the sting out the slap in the face they're going to get from GW when the dust settles and 40k lore is ultimately mostly the same because it's the golden goose. It will confirmation that in almost every or in every way that the younger sibling eclipsed the older.

>>51411273

You still have your fucking sandbox, this is honestly know more constricting than numerous others things in the lore that have happened over the years. This isn't about you wanting a sandbox though, it's about GW not doing specifically what you want. If you only cared about having a sandbox then you'd know that you could just pick and choose whatever you want and consider what GW says meaningless.
>>
>>51412767
>The Old Ones constructed the Webway to circumvent the Warp and built planet sized Warp prisons to contain and isolate billions of daemon from the Warp. So the Necrons did not start the fire.

That sounds a lot like "The Old Ones made everything good and then the Necrons came a long and fucked everything up forever for everyone."

Because that's what it is. That's what happened. The Old Ones had the few nasties of the calm pre-War in Heaven Warp contained. Then the Necrons fucked it all up, turned the Warp into a nightmarish hell dimension with their war, and released the horrors of old. Necrons are literally responsible for everything wrong in 40K.
>>
>>51412827
Actually, the Necrons built the Pylons which sealed the Warp and protected reality.

The Eldar chasing off the Necrons caused the pylons to be abaddoned to the ages as the Necrons slept. As the ages went by, some pylons were destroyed or damage allowed the dam that kept the warp away to be chipped at.

Eventually, the Eye of Terror exploded into being. The Eye being something that the Necrons (other than Orkian) did not foresee, put stress on the pylon network. Nonetheless, the Pylons stood as the only thing that kept the Eye from consuming the galaxy and dragging it to the Warp.

Abaddon spent 10K years destroying the Necron pylons and unsealing the Warp. He finally ended his pylon destroying spree by destroying the Cadian Pylons that shackled the Eye. Now the Eye is free to consume the galaxy.

So who created the Eye and endangered the Pylon Network that protects the galaxy? The Eldar! Who created the Eldar? The Old Ones!
>>
>>51412908
>Actually, the Necrons built the Pylons which sealed the Warp and protected reality.

The started doing that. It was never a completed project. But they were so fucked after they turned on the C'tan that the Eldar drove them into the ground.

And frankly, the Necrons didn't deserve to rule the galaxy after fucking it up before that. They deserved genocide, even their own leader actually left in disgust at how stupid and barbaric his race was.

Necrons fucked up the galaxy for no reason but petty spite. Doesn't really matter than they tried to fix their mistake later.
>>
>>51406921
>Hawaiian pizza
Report to the nearest Commissar for Summary Execution

Suffer not the pineapple-on-pizza to live.
>>
>>51412908
>So who created the Eye and endangered the Pylon Network that protects the galaxy? The Eldar! Who created the Eldar? The Old Ones!

The Necrons were the ones that made this an issue in the first place.

There'd be no need for a pylon network had they not been idiots that couldn't work together without a common enemy.
>>
>>51412988
The Silent King says that he gained wisdom and temperance during his exile and meditation over the events of the past. He is willing to share it with his brethren-subjects. He seeks to redeem the Necrontyr and restore them to glory.

Everyone deserves a second chance. Not just the Eldar.
>>
>>51406921
Awesome post friend! I'll be sure to get this as many upvotes as I can on /r/4chan! Thanks again for the "OC" /b/ro :))
>>
>>51413134
Nigger tells a joke, and you gotta go and bring that shit forward. I'm not pissing myself laughing, but it made me smile. At least someone is trying. Geez.
>>
>>51413240

Nobody should ever try, anon. Doing things is >>>/reddit/ Compalining about things is all we're supposed do here.
I want /v/ to leave
>>
It does make sense from a marketing perspective, because the beil-tan are the eldar in dawn of war 3.
>>
File: 1479152360293.jpg (79KB, 782x788px) Image search: [Google]
1479152360293.jpg
79KB, 782x788px
>>51413001
hawaiian pizza is refreshing. If Pineapple is the path to heresy, then cut off my arms and call me abaddon
>>
>>51412192
>t.sperglord

You're the reason AoS happened.
>>
>>51410909
Yes, because we all know GW will harass anyone who dares speak against their almighty regime.
>>
>>51401030
Now if that aint cool i dont know what is.
Look at that sassy jumping banshee,i bet she´s all like "Nu uh you did not,imma beat that bitch ass"
>>
>>51413134
Stop being a faggot.
>>
>>51411987
Yea we'll just ask chaos nicely to stop corrupting everything and trying to destroy the universe
>>
>>51412084
>need to form a speedy alliance
That's a funny way of saying that the eldar are helping out to save their own asses, the imperium will fight chaos with or without help
>>
File: Harlequins_vs._Forces_of_Chaos.png (3MB, 1225x892px) Image search: [Google]
Harlequins_vs._Forces_of_Chaos.png
3MB, 1225x892px
>>51414466
Eldar are doing this the whole time.
>>
>>51413064
>trust the race of terminators
Commissar John Connor will deal you in time
>>
>>51414528
One sub sect of eldar actually has some balls and suddenly they've been contributing as much as the imperium has vs chaos?
>>
>>51401396
Macha secretly loves the emperor, and is saving her virginity for imperial dick
>>
>>51413497
I'm assuming that's just for the campaign right
>>
>>51414570
It's not like the Imperium uses 100% of their forces to fight Chaos 24/7, of which some they actively contribute.
>>
>>51414629
The imperium uses 100% of its forces to fight everything. And still has time to take on the bulk of the chaos fighting, are other factions even trying?
>>
>>51414659
Does this really surprise you? The Eldar are fighting other stuff too, everyone is fighting anything, but the Imperium is the center of the writing and the setting and currently the biggest player, while Chaos has to be the biggest bad, drawing strength from the Imperium.
>>
So, wait, is the whole Eldrad thing pointless? Like, will that play ANY roles, because at the time the whole spirit stone thing seemed pretty important.

Also,
>the biggest influx of Daemonic activity since the Horus Heresy
>Grey Knights only get a passing reference in Wrath of Magnus
>feelsbadman.jpg
>>
>>51414466
Mate, the fight against Chaos is no.1 priority for the Eldar, more important than survival for a lot of Craftworlds.

The Imperium is the one that wastes its manpower on trivial dumb shit like randomly attacking xenos that pose little to no threat. Understand, the IoM is not a group of ultimately good people doing difficult things for the betterment of all. It's an incompetent oligarchy that refuses all logic or help out of sheer religious fervour. The Imperium actually helps Chaos far more than it hurts it by keeping the galaxy fractured and war-torn, preventing any kind of unified resistance, and creating a populace so ignorant and poorly treated that they fall to Chaos at the slightest provocation. And half of this dumb shit is, ironically, dictated as gospel to them by a book written by a Daemon Prince - a fucking surefire sign if any that you've been Tzeentched into helping your enemies.

Yes, the Eldar help to save their own asses... because fighting Chaos saves literally everyone's asses.
>>
>>51414767
Fall of cadia is just chapter one, give it time
>>
>>51414767
The shard of the Ynnead that formed during Death Masque is what brought Yvraine back to life and gave her her mission.
>>
Would have thought GW had learned their lesson after Age of Shitmar flopped.
>>
>>51414820
Oh, cool. I think it's all kinda lame, but it's good to know they're at least using things together.
>>
>>51414798
Does the imperium get a little carried away? Sure, is everyone else deserving of this treatment? Most of the time yes. Maybe if the eldar didn't walk around with a holier than thou mentality they wouldn't have crippled themselves. And big talk saying the imperium is being manipulated by Tzeentch when you fuckers Co created slaanesh
>>
They said in the stream that they gonna reveal some Eldar old secrets and also go into the relationship the Eldar have with the other races.

What are they gonna reveal in the book? What is the relationship of the Eldar with the Tau and Necrons?
>>
>>51414859
>Sure, is everyone else deserving of this treatment?

No, not really. Most of the xenos civilizations the Imperium genocides are just standard sci-fi aliens, or often low-tech types that don't even see the cyclonic torpedo coming and couldn't possibly be a threat. Races of spacefaring monsters like the Rak'Gol and such are pretty rare (well, there are Orks everywhere, but they're still just one race).

And the Eldar legitimately made multiple attempts to reach out to the Imperium. The reason they manipulate them is because any alliance with Imperials always ends with the Imperial stabbing their ally in the back. There's even fluff about an Imperial admiral forming a coalition of minor races against a Tyranid swarm... and then proceeding to exterminate all his allies immediately afterwards. The Imperium is 100% the greatest force preventing galactic collaboration, greater even than Chaos.
>>
>>51414340
I did not mention anything about GW taking a direct role in that.
>>
>>51410261

I honestly don't understand this decision to completely fuck up the setting.
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (17KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
17KB, 480x360px
Chances of Eldar-Imperium alliance becoming something permanent`?
>>
>>51415047
I honestly don't understand this overreaction of people thinking the setting is completely fucked up.
>>
File: REMOVE MON'KEIGH.jpg (327KB, 900x616px) Image search: [Google]
REMOVE MON'KEIGH.jpg
327KB, 900x616px
>>51415096
Hopefully not.
The rebirth of the ancient days demands the extermination of the mon'keigh scum.
>>
>>51407678
>Picks the craftworld with a world rune of reincarnation loosely translating to 'Rebirth of ancient days'
>Eldar rebirth has always been noted to come at great cost for as long as Eldar lore has been a thing.
>Surprised when his craftworld gets to be at the centre of the ancient Eldar's cataclysmic rebirth.

Lemme guess, Farseer?
>>
>>51400083
>Biel-Tan died before plastic Aspect Warriors
>>
>>51415154
>remove mon keigh
>clearly a tau girl
>>
>>51415189
Mon'keigh isn't exclusively a term for humans.
It means "those that need to be exterminated" in Eldar tongue, and the Eldar use it for all kinds of aliens.
>>
>>51415047
it sells: regardless of whether it's good or bad, people are intrigued by the unfolding of relevant events, be it car crashes or setting deconstructions.

I think the same happened to superhero comics years ago.
>>
>>51415118

Nerds have trouble with change.
>>
>>51407678
>pointless event
>The first actual conclusive step forward the Eldar have had since the Fall
Fucking elf players always bitch, even when their army has routinely been the best army in the game.
>>
>>51415229
>It means "those that need to be exterminated" in Eldar tongue, and the Eldar use it for all kinds of aliens.
So everyone except themselves?
>>
>>51415266
why is having trouble with change a trouble? isn't it natural for people liking something to not like that it becomes less and less the same thing?

or do you assume change is inherently positive to said something?
>>
>>51415322
Pretty much.
Though they have specific names for old adversaries like the Necrons, or insanely dangerous foes like the Tyranids.
>>
>>51415047
Cadia was a dull stalemate. "The Imperium is fighting for it's life" is a better status quo than "The Imperium might have to fight for it's life."

Biel-Tan never did shit anyway. Nothing of value has been lost. If you had Biel-Tan your guys escaped.
>>
>>51415352
>eldar call everyone they deem beneath them monkeys
>imperium are the assholes guy
>>
>>51415390
Which is worse, the dude who calls everyone a monkey or the guy who wants to kill everyone because he hates them just for the audacity of existing.
>>
>>51400748
Beast ghaz (bigger than dreadnought size)
Nazdreg
Da red gobbo
>>
>>51415118

It's not an overreaction. For the past thirty years the lore has been the jewel in the crown of the company. Compare the 3rd edition 40k rulebook with the current edition, people will know what I'm talking about. The entire ethos has changed for the worse.

Now people in charge of fluff are deliberately simplifying, dare I say "kiddy-fying" things to "maximise" sales, simply to appease marketing research and company goals.

I don't understand why Age of Sigmar "had to" be created, when WHFB had an exceptional historic pedigree and all it would take to get new young people interested was a streamlined starter set. A complete revamp of the setting was completely absurd.

This obsession with "sales uber alles" and raw data is going to harm GW in the long run. Turning White Dwarf from a hobbyist magazine into a glorified catalogue was tragic - warping Black Library just as bad.

In thirty years the hobby simply won't exist in the same way because the young people currently enjoying the hobby will reread the Age of Sigmar codexes and think: "why did I ever enjoy these stupid fucking stories?"
>>
>>51415390
>xeno scum
>>
>>51415229
>>51415322
Eldar don't actually want to exterminate the Tau though. They're probably the 'major' (i.e. codex wielding) race they ally with the most. Craftworld Eldar are like the only faction the Tau haven't had any big open hostilities with, and they seem to settle shit between them via diplomacy most of the time. I can't even think of a small battle between CWEldar and Tau, let alone a major military action.

Eldar would be okay with exterminating humans because they kinda do act like warmongering ass-backward animals under the Imperium. They're regressive toward technology, xenophobic and aggressive to the extreme, easily provoked by the equivalent of loud noises, intellectually backward, willfully ignorant, etc.
>>
>>51415339
>isn't it natural for people liking something to not like that it becomes less and less the same thing?

Is this your first 40K thread? Nobody likes anything, anon. The best you get is liking something that's gone forever, and you can be sure that if it was still around people would hate it.

I know you're angling for some politics bullshit, but this needs to be cleared up. We'll have no pretend hope here, only misery. The way it's meant to be, and has been for decades.
>>
>>51415440
CWE and Tau relations depend on the craftworld.
Biel-Tan would have no qualms about exterminating the Tau if those blueberry faggots dared to attack and exodite world.
>>
>>51415440
They also turn beautiful maiden worlds into industrial hellholes from time to time.
>>
>>51415413
This.

Eldar refer to humans as 'animals in need of extermination' because humans are devoted to exterminating all life that isn't them.

It's ironic but mostly logical. To anyone not the Imperium, the Imperium is an existential threat on the same level as Orks or Tyranids. There's functionally no difference between an Imperial invasion and a Tyranid invasion - either way, if the aggressors win they'll kill everyone for basically no reason.
>>
>>51415440
>They're probably the 'major' (i.e. codex wielding) race they ally with the most.
No, that'd be the Imperium. Perks of being the most widespread galactic power that isn't green.

The eldar don't really interact with the tau much at all, because the tau are stuck in the armpit of the galaxy doing fuck all, with absolutely no method of projecting themselves. Take a ten minute warp jump and ask the Ultramarines to help out instead.
>>
>>51410830
It's 40k. Misery both for the setting and the players.
And the only cure for the misery is that sweet sweet plastic cocaine GW sells.
>>
>>51415488
Actually, they do. Iyanden, Alaitoc, and Ulthwe had contact with the Tau and formed diplomatic ties.

There is also fluff about minor craftworlds entering Tau space.
>>
>>51415488
>tau are stuck in the armpit of the galaxy doing fuck all, with absolutely no method of projecting themselves. Take a ten minute warp jump and ask the Ultramarines to help out instead.

For now, anon. For now. Just you wait for the Tau Triumvirate. Terra is getting fished.
>>
>>51415495
or play a stronger system, like 8th/9th edition.
>>
>>51415485
> To anyone not the Imperium, the Imperium is an existential threat on the same level as Orks or Tyranids.
Imperium fags for some reason don't seem to realize the above.
>>
>>51415488
Eh, okay, proportionally to their interactions then.

The Eldar have... lukewarm alliances... with the Imperium in probably 20% of their interactions, with the rest being fighting, manipulation, etc.

They seem to have alliances with Tau in like 90% of their meager interactions. Which stands to reason, really, since neither race is interested in genocide for the sake of genocide.

Of course, it's always possible that the Tau will one day try to bring an Exodite world into the Greater Good and be told to fuck off by one of the more belligerent Craftworlds.
>>
>>51415511
Iyanden and Tau went to war too when Tau attacked a maiden world.
The blueberries thought that Wraith Guards were advanced battle suits.
>>
>>51415511
It's a drop in the bucket compared to the amount of Imperial/Eldar relations, though.
>>
>>51415466
You're exaggerating, projecting and cherry picking all in one post, anon, don't you see that?
>>
>>51415533
I guess, but making it proportional gives the Tau an overwhelming advantage in basically every comparison, because they're the only ones who aren't really concerned with total galactic war.
>>
File: Alaitoc and the Tau.png (77KB, 237x193px) Image search: [Google]
Alaitoc and the Tau.png
77KB, 237x193px
>>51415554
The interactions between the Tau and Eldar seem to be warmer. Heck, the Eldar commentary about the Tau is often praises unlike how they view humanity which they take joy in insulting.

Here are some examples.

>I have followed the myriad potential futures of the Tau with great interest. Though barely even striplings compared to us, I feel a strange protectiveness towards them. In time I believe they will exceed even our greatest feats and master the darkness within their souls.

-Eldrad Ulthran, Farseer of Ulthwé Craftworld

>‘The Tau are young, yet their fire burns hot enough to reduce the stone hearts of ancient empires to ash. To underestimate them is to invite the cold grasp of death.’

- Irolac Dawnslayer of Craftworld Ulthwé
>>
>>51415592
>that back handed compliment from Eldrad
sorry eldar, but the dark eldar exist and are supreme assholes, and you have made no efforts to stop them thus you are lumped in with them and must be purged
>>
>>51415096
Are you blind or idiot?

Ynnead is as threatening to Mankind than Chaos itself.
>>
>>51415565
>You're exaggerating, projecting and cherry picking all in one post

Your so-called argument broke into more pieces than Biel-Tan and not even three memes will put it back together.

Where exactly did I exaggerate, project or cherry pick? Prove your claims point by point or lose this warhammer discussion.
>>
>>51415690

I think you're confusing reality with fiction, you post-tau biter
>>
>>51415690
sorry mankind, but the imperium humans exist and are supreme assholes, and you have made no efforts to stop them thus you are lumped in with them and must be purged
>>
>>51415592
>that second quote
Hagakure tier/10
>>
>>51415691
That seems dumb.

The Eldar didn't even kill humans when they were in a position of absolute power. For the most part they're not actually driven by the desire for genocide.

The Eldar are primarily concerned with 1. defeating Chaos and 2. surviving.
>>
File: 1413586812705.png (53KB, 237x200px) Image search: [Google]
1413586812705.png
53KB, 237x200px
>>51415691
>Imperium's face when Ynnead, The Eternal Hunter of Souls, comes after the Emperor.
>>
>>51415740
Don't worry, the imperium actively fights agaisnt it's traitors, they'll be purged too
>>
>>51415763
>The Eldar didn't even kill humans when they were in a position of absolute power.

We don't know a lot about Peak Eldar. They seem to have mainly interacted with themselves and ignored everyone else. In fact they interacted with themselves so much it made Slannesh.
>>
File: 1485398520925.gif (2MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
1485398520925.gif
2MB, 640x360px
>>51415769
>literally an abortion of god

It's really time to wake up the big E.
>>
>>51400083
So are Harlequins going to be good now?
>>
File: ¨harmony.jpg (27KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
¨harmony.jpg
27KB, 480x360px
>>51415835
>yfw Emps and Ynnead merge into a benign supergod of death and order, and proceed to facerape chaos out of existence.
>>
>>51415390
At least the Eldars doesn't sterilize and kill their soldiers after fighting Chaos
>>
>>51415763
Well, seeing as 'defeating Chaos' and 'surviving' are the same for the Eldar, one could imply they are just trying to survive.
>>
To the xeno-lovers: the Eldar aren't cool, they are deep down hedonists and supremacists, whom would turn the entirety of the galaxy in their pleasure garden.

Don't forget they birthed a Chaos God. That's their nature, they were designed for it.
>>
File: Aby The Edgehog.jpg (74KB, 344x508px) Image search: [Google]
Aby The Edgehog.jpg
74KB, 344x508px
>>51415861
*Teleports behind Supergod of Death and Order

Psssh, nothin personnel, corpse.

*Unsheathes Drach'nyen*
>>
>>51411273
A open sandbox full of retarded kids that never knew how to create a castle, and now the retards that own the sandbox want to create a big ass castle made of shit
>>
>>51415533
>genocide for the sake of Genocide

No, not really. The Eldar genuinely do think themselves better than all other species, and will (if given the opportunity) kill as many mon'keigh as necessary to spare even one Eldar life. So the Tau aren't not targets, they're just doing fuck all and, as such, end up lower on the list.

Funny enough, humanity is the only species that shows the sort of """kind""" traits anywhere. Even though genocide is a chill thing in the Impeeiim, it's the only civilization that (in the books) isn't so arrogant so as to not work together. That was- until recently- the thing about Eldar, they were so conceited that they'd never think to ask for help, whereas humans would seek common interest for the betterment of primarily themselves, but by extension everyone involved.

But that's just for now, who knows how long it will take the Tau to be Star-Trek tier shit that's the "shining light in the east, spreading knowledge and joy to all" instead of the cooler space 1984 that always got hinted at.

But oh well, such is the struggle of it all being from the human perspective- humanity is ultimately the hero, but is nonetheless seen as a villain
>>
>>51415964
>super god laughs as drach'nyen phases trough him
>hehe....you've been trapped in my Genjutsu all along...amateur
>>
>>51415420
White dwarf is back to being what It was you dumb ass, it has battle reports and everything
>>
>>51415735
>Nobody likes anything, anon.
exaggeration, self explanatory

>The best you get is liking something that's gone forever, and you can be sure that if it was still around people would hate it.
cherry picking: despite there being opinions many people can and do like multiple and at times all of the armies present in the setting; the popularity of genestealer cults also disprove your second claim.

>I know you're angling for some politics bullshit
You don't know because I'm not, which leaves me wondering what did you read from my posts that could lead you to this assumption, because I didn't express it nor imply it in any way; the only conclusion is that you're expressing a misunderstanding or a pre-formed judgement of my personality: a projection.
>>
>>51401497

Nope, GW are the idiots apparently.
>>
>>51415805
We know the Craftworlds were trade vessels that interacted peacefully with a lot of species. We know at least one human empire sent an Iron Men army after them and it got BTFO super hard.
>>
>>51415951
They birthed a Chaos god after several millennia of running the galaxy as the top dogs without being genocidal pricks about it.

>whom would turn the entirety of the galaxy in their pleasure garden.

This doesn't even sound bad.

It's safe to say that, considering how much they've changed, they've learned how to avoid the whole 'creating Slaanesh' thing. A pleasure garden for the modern Eldar is unlikely to be debauched Slaaneshfest, as they now know what that results in. So basically they'd just create a tranquil paradise instead.
>>
File: emperor_in_silver.jpg (101KB, 720x857px) Image search: [Google]
emperor_in_silver.jpg
101KB, 720x857px
>>51415769
>mfw ynnead gets it's catflap skewered on the golden throne's spike.
>>
>>51416445
The only reason the imperium turned to full on genocide is because when humanity was down it's allied races ran in and enslaved or destroyed human life.

The emperor specifically asked the eldar to join the imperium so that they could destroy chaos together and the eldar told him to fuck off.
>>
>>51416044
>and will (if given the opportunity) kill as many mon'keigh as necessary to spare even one Eldar life

Killing for survival is a lot more morally sound than killing for no reason other than doctrine.

>it's the only civilization that (in the books) isn't so arrogant so as to not work together. That was- until recently- the thing about Eldar, they were so conceited that they'd never think to ask for help, whereas humans would seek common interest for the betterment of primarily themselves, but by extension everyone involved.

Holy shit that is a total lie. Where are you getting this from? The Eldar almost always are the ones to reach out and propose an alliance when it happens, and the Imperium are almost always the ones that seek to destroy everything or everyone they come into contact with. The Imperium has NEVER, ever, even once acted for the betterment of everyone else. There is actual fluff where the Imperium makes a brief alliance with a bunch of minor xenos against 'nids, and then turns around and exterminates everyone that helped them for their trouble.

Humanity isn't the hero or villain in 40K. Humanity is a victim - of the Imperium, which IS a villain.
>>
>>51416495
>The emperor specifically asked the eldar to join the imperium so that they could destroy chaos together and the eldar told him to fuck off.

Wrong.
The Emperor gave the Eldar the choice of becoming vassals of humanity, or being exterminated.
>>
>>51416445
>without being genocidal pricks about it
you do realize slaanesh is basically just a reflection of what the eldar empire was, right

The craftworlders are the weird amish enclaves that fled from the crazy psychopathic eldar that made up the bulk of the race.
>>
>>51416495
>The only reason the imperium turned to full on genocide is because when humanity was down it's allied races ran in and enslaved or destroyed human life.

Not actually true. The Great Crusade encountered lots of civilizations like the Interex that had maintained xeno allies and were actually pretty great places to live. They even encountered Eldar that had rescured humans from Dark Eldar and relocated them to an Exodite world, where they actually lived alongside the Eldar there. The Emperor's policy on this stuff was the destroy it all because it didn't fit his narrative.

>The emperor specifically asked the eldar to join the imperium so that they could destroy chaos together and the eldar told him to fuck off.

Dude where are you even getting this from? The only contact the Eldar had with the Imperium during the Great Crusade was the Space Wolves attacking an unnamed Craftworld and Eldrad trying to warn the Imperium of Horus' betrayal... and getting attacked in return.
>>
>>51416516
Guess the eldar chose wrong then.

The eldar were shattered at that time and picking up the pieces. They could have accepted vassalage and been safe to pick up their pieces in the shadow of the imperium's shield.

They refused, and were treated like every other xeno species.

Also the eldar are literally the reason why the star trek human civilization was destroyed.
>>
>>51416524
Nigga we know the Eldar Empire was in absolute power when humanity was at the height of its progression. They didn't enslave mankind or war on them or anything.

Your view is in direct conflict with canon.
>>
>>51416545
>horus heresy books.
>>
>>51416562
The eldar were trying to fuck each other silly because they were bored.
They were so high as a collective species that instead of watching realspace they were permanently fucking up the warp.
>>
>>51416562
>They didn't enslave mankind
I mean, aside from all those slave planets under eldar dominion, sure.
>>
>>51416556
>Also the eldar are literally the reason why the star trek human civilization was destroyed.

...No, the Fall actually saved humanity.

Mankind's ascendance into a psychic race fucked mankind, with uncontrolled psykers popping up everywhere, summoning Warp storms and exploding into hordes of daemons. The birth of Slaanesh actually blasted away all the Warp storms this had caused and allowed interplanetary travel again.
>>
>>51416562

What I feel takes direct precedence over canon facts.
>>
>>51416556
The star trek imperium was destroyed by the Iron man rebellion and internal strife. Eldar had very little to do with that.

And also
>implying that "be my slave or I'll kill you" is a choice.
>>
>>51416588
[citation needed]

Every indication tells us that the Eldar just ignored humanity, because they were too powerful to care and time wasted on other species was time that could be spent getting their kink on.
>>
>>51416445
>without being genocidal pricks about it
This couldn't be confirmed or denied, since there's zero fluff on what they did before reaching their civilization apex.

Also, the guys literally had star-killing technology, so who knows.

>considering how much they've changed, they've learned how to avoid the whole 'creating Slaanesh' thing.
You do realize Dark Eldar are a thing, right?

They haven't changed, craftworlders and exodites are a minority and just restrain themselves from their deep nature.
>>
File: 1427907443789.png (110KB, 386x318px) Image search: [Google]
1427907443789.png
110KB, 386x318px
>>51416334
>>Nobody likes anything, anon.
>exaggeration, self explanatory

No, that's hyperbole.

>many people can and do like multiple and at times all of the armies present in the setting

Source.

>You don't know because I'm not

Anymore, because my girthy arguments stopped you. Checkmate.
>>
>>51416687
>They haven't changed, craftworlders and exodites are a minority and just restrain themselves from their deep nature.

Considering that Craftworlders and Exodites have restrained themselves for 10,000 years pretty successfully, I'd say they've changed.

The Dark Eldar will almost certainly have to change with this Ynnead thing going down. We know Vect is shitting himself over it because it means lots of Deldar are deciding that fighting Chaos alongside their new god is actually more appealing in the long run than snorting coke forever in the Dark City.
>>
>>51411864
Nigger it's been the End Times for 20 fucking years now that's the whole point of the setting, humanity's downward spiral, trying to survive.
>>
>>51416946
>a millionth year species
>10,000 years
I beg to differ.
>>
>eldar god of life and death
>even dark elsar want to die gloriously fir it so they can ascend and become part of the godhead

When did the eldar become war boys?
>>
File: 0BeJO.png (147KB, 500x350px) Image search: [Google]
0BeJO.png
147KB, 500x350px
>>51416882
>No, that's hyperbole.
hyperbole
hʌJˈpəːbəli/
noun
exaggerated statement

>Source.
anecdotal experience is enough to counter an absolute statement: I've met a number of people enjoying the look and models of more than one army, myself included.

>Anymore, because my girthy arguments stopped you. Checkmate.
nevermore
>>
>>51401380

We're already seeing Astra Militarum gain more and more currency with every day, while Imperial Guard fades. Your blithe claim that this won't happen with Eldar and DE is not convincing.
>>
>>51410885
YOU DONE MESSED UP A-EL-DAR! CHURLISH. AND INSUBORDINATE.
>>
>>51417902
>People actually say Astra Militarum

Lol. In what sphere of existence?
>>
>>51417129
What are you even saying?

It's been a little over 10,000 years since the Fall. The CWEldar and Exodites have kept to their new paths all that time. Shit, some actual individual Eldar like Eldrad have kept to the path for nearly that entire period, seeing as they were personally around for the Great Crusade or even earlier events.
Thread posts: 323
Thread images: 51

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.